Random Image

birches

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:32:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for February 1, 2019

Started by so_P_bubble, February 01, 2019, 01:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

I am here. Sort of. Larry and I are suffering similar problems and lack of breath is the most annoying.. It rules our life, right Larry?

I have a little elec. machine called a nedbulizer, where a medication called Albuteral is poured in and heated to cause a light steam that I inhale for about 15 to 20 min. and it makes it easier to breathe.No cure, just an assist.Now an oxygen machine is part of my furnishings. That helps between the time for the next dose of Albuteral...or whenever I feel breathless.My Mom used to have oxygen also, but it was a larger size than the new ones, and hers had long tubing to take her through the whole house. Mine takes me to my bed on one side of the room to my recliner on other side. I can still walk the halls or out of doors without machines, but must sit now and then to breathe.

So all the new additions have kept me learning and too tired to spend more time with you beloved folks on Sr. Net. I do come in almost daily and read, and learn and pray. And thank God for each and every one of you....including You Mycheal.

I stay at home most all the time. Have meals sent up to my room at a cost of 6 dollars for delivery, food included in my rent. I don't feel as "social" as before, but my door is always open to visitors.Now it is time to take some hallway walking. Hugs, Love and Prayers, forever and ever. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Shirley

June, your treatments sound like what my youngest brother was getting. His was a lung & not heart condition that kept him so winded. He had some other health issues as well. He had the long oxygen tubing that ran all through his house. I still think he would have been much better off if he had found such a good place to live as you have. His birthday was the 7th of Feb & my oldest brother's was the 5th... so they have been on my mind a lot this week. I find myself clinging to all of you with serious health problems... don't want you to give up! I know, none of you will, good fighters, one & all.

I've been debating whether to ask you, Larry, if you've thought about a 2nd opinion for more stents. Cas' cardiologist (at the time of Cas' first heart cath this man was considered the best in the whole area) told him that "can't do stents after by-passes".... so when Cas started feeling so winded after about 12 years later, he saw that a heart surgeon was holding a seminar about stents. He went, talked to the doctor & the 7 stents he had after that gave him at least one good year per stent. I don't remember you talking about having fluid drained from your chest or around the heart.. that also helped for Cas 3 times. More than a year before Cas died, the surgeon that implanted the pacemaker/defib told me it was time to turn the defib part off (NOT the pacemaker part). I never knew if or when he did because Cas didn't tell me. Both the cardiologist and the surgeon told me when his heart muscle was too weak to restart. Cas was already investigating whether he would be a candidate for the new external mechanical heart someone was working on.

The cardiologist is the one I go to, he isn't a surgeon, but when I talked to him about the hospitals replacing the valve through the artery (or vein?) he said, "that is for people that can't stand the surgery and less than a year to live". Wasn't 6 months after my surgery that the newspaper was crowing about local hospitals and doctors doing that procedure!  I've heard it is how they replace the pig valve I'm wearing now. What I'm saying is that you have been so active compared with Cas' last couple years, I find it hard to think your doctors won't do more. Cas lived 12-14 years longer than if he had accepted the cardiologist opinion that there was nothing more to do. So there.... I said it & know I will be like jello concerned that I've said too much (again). The other thought was maybe your "exhaustion" is partly because you've had the shingles shot or something. Andy's doctors all said that "the flu shot he got weeks before his chills & sweats that led them investigate the infection... was a blessing because it pushed his body over the edge of what it could tolerate". You are so much more active than Cas was the last few years, I am concerned the doctors aren't getting a good look at the "total you". I know, shut up, Shirley.   :sealedlips:  :sealedlips:

I'm off to take my Sat night bath & wash my hair for church, got to get up early. Cold out tonight bit Tom and Callie wanted to see what's going on. Tiger could care less, too cold for her. They can have their midnight snack after I have my jammies on. I'll be back to see if Jenn has news about Michele's teatment. Praying it isn't as bad as feared.

Denver

I am happy to report that Dave and Matthew survived the camp out in spite of the frigid temperatures. 

Michele's oncologist appointment went very well.  She will have a CT scan and a PET scan on this coming Wednesday, then the Gama Knife procedure on Friday.  She will meet with the oncologist again on Friday after the Gama procedure and find out what the plan will be for her. The oncologist feels there are many options available for her and they both are anxious for the test results so they make the best decision for her treatment.

The new for my dad today was not quite as promising.  He had his second crushed vertebrae fill done.  The spine doctor told him that this is all that he is going to be able to do for him.  He said dad is too old to have back surgery where they remove the vertebrae and put steel rods in the back. He said he feels so bad as he hoped he could help my dad with his pain.  He did give him some Tylenol with codine in it as a last ditch attempt to give him some kind of relief but told him to be very careful and only take it when absolutely necessary and not as a daily pill.  He told him he is sorry that is all he can do for him but that he will be praying for him and he also gave him his personal cell phone number to call of they have any other questions.  My dad has asked us to assist him in getting rid of his car as the doctor as said that he feels he should not drive any longer.  As soon as we know what Michele's schedule of care will be we will plan to head down to AZ and do what he would like to do.  While we are there Bob will do my dads income tax as well. 

GLORIA de, what day is your Birthday?  No one seems to be wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY, so did you already have your day? 

JANE, good to read that your "Brother" is doing better.  Continued prayers for him. 

JUNE, you are doing the best you can to help yourself get through each da.  You know your ability so do what you feel is best for you. 

I wish you all a good night.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

I read all the news...some good, some not so good.  My prayers are with all of you.  God be with you!

Good Night Everyfriend!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Shirley

Jenn, hopeful news about Michele but sorry your father can't be helped more. The Tylenol with codine is what was finally given to Cas after 3 days of the max morphine that didn't help at all. Few minutes after getting the Tylenol Cas was ready to leave the hospital he felt so much better. He knew not to take it often or long, but sure made a difference. Best wishes for your dad, at his age I wouldn't worry about getting hooked but hopefully he will realize it has it's limits. From the time my grandmother stayed with my parents when X-ray showed her back was crumbling, she lived at least 8 more years in a nursing home. Not sure how they kept the pain down, but she slipped off the tall nursing home bed causing internal bleeding they couldn't stop. She was 96 when she died, "and still running the nursing home". She was a character. Prayers and best wishes for all the family, glad your boys did okay on the camp out!

Jane, hope you have a Super Sunday, chilling out & pampering yourself. Methink you are needing some ME time to unwind. Do you get good sleep?  I only got 3 hours & 20 min (Fitbit keeps track for me) before a cat woke me up this morning. They've all been fed, I ate an egg & couple pieces of toast, cup of coffee, would love to go back to sleep, but wouldn't wake up until after 9:00 am. I do enjoy Sunday mornings & know I can nap later in the day.

Good Morning to All.... Super Sunday ahead.... rise & shine! :angel4:  :sun:  :walkwhistle:  :wave:  :tup:  :whistle:

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  The doggies have been out and had their pill.  We're waiting for the boinger and I have to go get ready for church.

SHIRLEY, the sleeping time isn't good.  When I sleep, I really sleep but I know when I go to bed that I'll be awake in 1 and a half to two hours and I sleep in fits of no more than 2 hours at a time.  This is one area I plan to address when I see the dr. the next time.  I'm pretty sure I'll refuse any kind of sleeping pill so I figure it's a lost cause but I'm going to tell her anyway.

That's part of the reason that I try to take a nap after work.

Now I have to go get myself ready for church before the boinger go off for the doggies breakfast.  I wish you all a great day.  Make it your own in every way!  You've earned it!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. lot of no since dreams again last night, I took my horses to sale yesterday , they sold for a give away price. I no sailed my Harness and should have my horses,oh well I am going in a day or too down to Springfield MO. and look at a couple of registered    walking horses,on phone said good and good price we will see.Have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone
 Jane I had your sleep  last night in fits and bits. We were out at 3 am ....not a star visible in the sky.

Today is a day of rest , have leftover chicken that will make a pot pie for supper and that is it.

Jenny, sorry to read about your Dad. Ty 3 are terrible on ones system, your Dad needs to keep laxatives handy if he is going to take them. Michele just may be the one to surprise everyone in all this. Her outlook is the winning factor. Prayers for all.
Since I don't wish to be caught in my nightgown if the neighbour comes over to work on his snow machine I had better go get ready to meet the day.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Just saying a quick Good Morning.

I was up early and just checking here to say Hello !

I have a few things to do before I get dressed.  I am so anxious to see my little great-grands today.  It will be a fun day, I am sure. 

Tomorrow is another story.  Sounds like it is going to be a wintry mess for Monday and Tues.  I think I will wait and see what the schools decide to do to determine whether I will cancel my appointment or not.  Hate to cancel because then it is usually a hassel getting another appointment soon.  We will see !!!

Hope everyone is feeling better this morning and will have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

phyllis

Sorry to hear that winter is coming back for you, Joy.  I've been wondering what my son over west of DC is going to get.  Maybe I'll call him later.  Take it easy and stay out of it, if you can.  Canceling appts. is a nuisance but your safety is more important.

Amy, I laughed at your husband's comment about our near 80 temps. here in NC.  Tell him we are back down to the usual for this time of year--36 when I got up--but, of course, that probably sounds like Spring to you up there in the cold North.  Stay warm and be careful if you have to be out "dancing".

I didn't have a really good night last night so I'm slow getting around.  It is after 10  am and I'm still in my robe and haven't fixed breakfast yet.  Really slothful today. :(

Jane, I knit some fingerless gloves for myself a couple of years ago but I didn't like wearing them either.  Always in the way.  And they don't do a 100% job of keeping my hands warm.  I haven't even gotten them out this year.

I must get up and get busy.  Maybe I'll forget my achiness if I'm actually doing something to take my mind off it.  Besides, I'm hungry!

Take extra care of yourselves today, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Cold again and not as windy as yesterday. I have not been going out, I shiver if I do, heck I bundle up inside and still not warm enough.

SHIRLEY  wonder if the doctor Cas went to was experimenting on his eyes. I had no hole put into my eyes. We did have a few warmer than normal days a week ago and it is down in the low 20's again and with the wind yesterday felt like zero even with the bright sunshine.

LARRY  I like the 15 bean soup. Have a package of the beans but waiting till I have room in the freezer to make it. Too much for just me to eat so freeze it in containers. Good soup for a cold day. Glad you do not get depressed, never helps anything and I keep getting asked if I feel depressed and I reply I will not let myself get that way.

JENNY  prayers for your DIL and family.  Too young for all her health problems.

DON  that was not a nice lesson to learn was it? I know here if one falls and cannot get up the medics have to be called. No one is allowed to help them up in case they hurt the one who fell. I know I would not get down on my knees as I would not be able to get up on my own.

GLORIA de  you have wonderful neighbors. We used to have neighborhoods like that here, all caring people. Now too many from the city moved in and they care for no one but themselves.

SHIRLEY  this town has changed since I moved here 68 years ago. Guess all the friendly tows are a thing of the past now. Sad.

JANE  you must have been worn out to pass up going to the Amish store with your daughter. I gripe about my back but I can still move around with my rollator. Hands are something used every  day of our lives. I am sorry that arthritis hit you there. Must be painful at the regis ters when y ou are at work, even thyping on the PC. We do tend to overlook spelling here so never worry about that. No one is perfect.

SHIRLEY  complaining about no snow? Since the first of December we have had only 2 1/2ch rain.

JOY  the company has a party at Christmas and a Cook out in summer. That is all. We had one lady here whe arranged entertainment and a meal from a caterer. Nothing to do with management. She is no longer with us. Another lady arranged a New Year's Eve party. She had a menu from a good Chinese restaurant. We could pick what we wanted and pay her and on that early evening her and someone else would go pick the meals up. Fun evening and was over about 9:30. Fun but she has moved out, the manager kept picking on her.

JUNE  like you my door is always open to visitors but here only a few visit each other. When we meet down stairs it is great but some just stay in their apartments and are not social at all.

JENNY  my prayers for your Dad. Living with his back like that is not pleasant. I was to I was too old for surgery the first time 8 years ago.

Better get this posted and have my breakfast before it is time for lunch.
Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is going to be another cool and cloudy day.  This will just be another quiet day of rest.  Yesterday was like the days before where my my concern was being able to get my breath.  I did watch a lot of basketball yesterday and expect to do the same today.  I am going to encourage Pat to get in the car and perhaps go through a drive thru to get our Sunday main meal.  Unfortunately my appetite is not good at the moment and I am not eating very much.  I made a decision last evening that I am going to get another Chromebook, which is very lightweight, as my laptop with the board to set it on have become too heavy.  The one I think I may get weights only 2.6 pounds, is very thin and has a lighted keyboard, which would be helpful.  There also is no maintenance on it as that is all done by Google.  I have had a Chromebook before so know what I will be getting.

Amy, I do wish I was feeling better as that seems to be a fleeting thing.  I think if I get much slower things will start going in reverse.  :)

Jane, glad you brother is doing better and hopefully will soon be home again. 

June, while I have had some shortness of breath in the past nothing like what is happening now that can last for long periods of time.  Yesterday afternoon I was just laying in bed and watching the basketball game and all of a sudden the shortness of breath came over me and I had to sit up and then get up and sit in my easy chair.  You are right it is ruling my life along with the weakness.  I don't think I have a problem with my lungs as such it is just that they are being deprived of the oxygen they need. I suppose the panting is to help us get more oxygen to the heart so it can more effectively pump the blood to the lungs.  I do have the long tubing and the canula for my nose that I may hook up so I can get more oxygen while I am in my easy chair, where I spend a lot of time.  Like you I try to pray a prayer of gratitude that God has granted me another day of life and I will take it as it comes. 

Shirley, I won't give up as have a lot of live for.  I have a loving wife and son and a great Church family.  I have had three cardiologist now that have told me that they have repaired all they can with stents.  This included my current Cardiologist who told me that she wouldn't put me back into the cath lab, where I have been over 30 times.  I started having the stents soon after they came into use.  Unfortunately none of them would stay open.  The stents were helpful to me for awhile.  After my first heart surgery in 1987 I did have a lot of fluid pumped from my lungs and then I soon became to recover after being down for 8 weeks and not feeling better.  My previous cardiologist told me about the mechanical heart that is now available that is an external device that helps the heart function.  I know that new medicines and procedures are being developed all the time.  I don't think the Shingles shots really had anything to do with my situation.  Right now I am certainly not very active but can still care for my personal needs. I do appreciate your comments and I don't want you to shut up. 

Jenny, glad Michele's oncologist appointment went well and that there are many options open to her in her further treatment. The tough part is deciding what option to take. Sorry to read that your Dad hasn't found relief from the crushed vertebrae.  The doctor telling him there was nothing less available to help him is tough news to take.  I does sounds like he had a very caring doctor. 

I have not tried to comment to everyone today but know you understand.  I have read and appreciate all of the postings.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, sunny with less wind

June, good to see you posting. My husband used the nebulizer t, as I did when I was in the hospital.twice
 a day, but he had the oxygen on all day. glad to see you can walk in the halls

Jenny, so sorry about your dad. When I was in my late 70's they said it was to late for a shoulder or back operation,  Lincoln and I have the same birthday, only he is older!

Larry, I am so sorry about your breathing problem, it gets scary when you cannot catch your breath. I have the big tank with the long tub that I use all night, then I have my little inogen tank next to my chair, I also use that when I go out. You see that one advertised on TV all the time, mine only ways 2 lbs
If I am up to it I am supposed to go across the street for cake and coffee, by the way of a nice young man pushing me over in a wheelchair.

Gloria, people use to move out here from Brooklyn and the city, so they would have grass and a garden. Now they complain about the farm making noise, watering and plowing. Now downtown they are talking about building 4 story apartment houses, which I thought that is why they moved out here in the first place to get away from

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

Well, there are two less boxes for the kids to deal with when I'm gone.  And I have another bag to go to the trash.  I've selected several areas and I hope to clear up at least one a week for a while.  I can't go out and run around so I might as well make use of the time. 

I said a prayer for each of you because I think we all have our problems with which to deal and I really like hearing how you all deal with them.  It helps me to make my decisions. 

Thank you for being my friends and for sharing your lives and those of your families with me.  I wonder if you all know how special you all are?

I'm off to make some dinner so I can eat leftovers the rest of the week.  Join me if you like!

Amy

Well today was truly a lazy day. Other than the necessities  to do , I did very little :)
Neighbour is over working on his skidoo and of course Rex is with him. It was lots of fun to watch Rex and Jesse play , tired me out just watching!!

We are in  for another snow storm they say...not happy about that! My outing to the sale has changed ,they are having the sale on Fri and Sat this time and I hope the weather behaves by then. Getting rather fussy here, don't care to drive in the dark or snow storms either.

Jane, I think we all have become so close and consider  everyone family.. when the rest of the world is going crazy it is nice to stop in here and enjoy each other. We worry, we laugh, we cry and really pray a lot for others in here.

Did you get my email?

Better go take this pup out again.     / b]
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

donklan

Some Very Good Points.....Especially the exercise suggestions...

Don't let your computer hurt you

Ergonomics important for heavy digital users

Marc Saltzman

Special to USA TODAY

Quickly, calculate how much time you spend in front of digital devices, such as computers, tablets, and smartphones. Be honest. According to a recent Nielsen report, American adults now spend about 11 hours per day on technology – that's about two-thirds of the time we're awake – and the number climbs higher for those who work in front of a monitor at the office. Americans are now sitting an average of 12 to 13 hours a day, says Ergotron, a manufacturer of office-related products.

If this sounds familiar, you bet your bitmaps there are health concerns with our sedentary work culture.

And so, take heed to these following "ergonomic" tips to healthier computer use, whether it's during your 9-to-5 work life, 5-to-9 downtime or both.

Nice mice

Reduce the odds you'll suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome and other repetitive stress injuries. Choose a computer mouse that's comfortable for you. Mice should have a curved hump that fits the contours of your palm. Many today are designed for both left- and righthanded users. Wireless mice provide fewer movement restrictions than wired mice, allowing you to place it on the desk in a comfortable position. When you use a mouse, try to limit your wrist movement. Instead, move your forearm, and with your elbow pivoted.

If you use a laptop with a trackpad, connect an external mouse for better comfort.

"Ergonomic" mice are designed with your body in mind. The latest from Logitech is the MX Vertical Advanced Ergonomic Mouse ($99), a unique PC accessory with a 57-degree vertical angle that allows for a "handshake" grip for greater comfort. The mouse also straddles the line between design and performance – what the MX series is best known for – and it's precise and programmable, which is important to gamers, too.

If it's still uncomfortable to use a mouse or if you experience wrist discomfort, try a trackball instead, as you simply roll your fingertips on the top of the peripheral.

The key(board) to success

On a desktop computer, choose an ergonomic keyboard that could help reduce wrist strain – these typically are curved to more naturally fit the angle of your wrists (place your hands on a desk and you'll see they point inwards). Some ergonomic keyboards have a split keyboard, too.

If you're on a laptop you can always plug in a larger and more ergonomic keyboard when in one location for a while (though not ideal for an airplane, of course). Keep in mind, some small Chromebooks and iPad cases with keyboards generally have smaller keys, which could prove uncomfortable.

Try to keep your wrists almost floating above the keyboard so your hands can easily move to reach far keys (e.g., the G or H keys) rather than trying to stretch your fingers to reach them because your palms are mounted. You might consider a padded or gelled wrist rest that sits in front of the keyboard.

Finally, learn keyboard shortcuts to reduce the need for keystrokes.

Recommendations include Microsoft's Surface Ergonomic Keyboard or Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop ($129 each), both of which offer a natural arc and slope.

Have a seat (or stand)

It won't cost you much these days, so be sure to pick up a decent office chair with lower back support. And your mom was right – posture is important, too – so stop yourself from leaning in towards the monitor. Instead, sit back all the way.

If you can, choose a chair with wheels so you can better position yourself for added comfort. Learn about the adjustment features of your chair, if it offers any. Look for one with armrests.

Your feet should be flat on the floor. Vertically challenged folks should use a small step-stool or milk crate to rest your feet on under the desk. Your keyboard and mouse should be at about elbow level, so adjust your chair's height accordingly.

To avoid neck problems, those who work from home should avoid working on a laptop while reclined on a sofa or in bed.

An increasingly popular option is a standing desk. Standing rather than sitting promotes more muscle use and better blood flow. There are also Sit-Stand Workstations that sit on top of a traditional desk and balance ball chairs, which some employees swear by.

'Monitor' your health

When in your chair, be sure to swivel your chair so you're facing the monitor straight-on so you're not putting strain on your neck. Your monitor should be at eye level and should tilt left and right and swivel up and down to help you find the most comfortable angle.

There are also wall mounts, including retractable and adjustable monitor "arms" from companies like Ergotron.

If you get to choose your monitor for work, get a larger screen (24 inches or more) so you don't have to squint to see the font on a small monitor (at the very least, increase the font size). Have adequate overhead lighting so you're not straining your eyes to see the monitor.

Prices vary, but for $299 you can pick up a large 32-inch LG QHD LED IPS Monitor (model # 32QK500-W). For gamers who want something bigger, wider, and faster (to keep up with action games), there's the top-of-the-line 34inch LG GK950G UltraWide Curved Gaming Monitor ($1,399), with sphere lighting on the back.

Look away from your monitor every couple of minutes and close your eyes every few moments to give them a break, too.

"Dry eye" is becoming a common condition and it is being attributed, in part, to our reliance on digital displays, as we're focusing on screens and blinking less often. Symptoms include a stinging, burning or scratchy sensation in your eyes, eye redness, sensitivity to light or perhaps some stringy mucus in or around your eyes. Over-the-counter eye drops such as Systane Complete Lubricant Eye Drops ($10) provide instant hydration.

More 'ergo' tips and tricks

Take frequent breaks. Get a drink of water, stretch and do some minor neck, back and arm exercises. You can also gently rub your muscles when you need a little break.

Perform these short stretches and exercises repeatedly throughout the day, even if it's rolling your neck around, reaching up to the ceiling or walking around the office to stretch your legs.

If you use a phone all day, buy a hands-free headset, so you're not trying to hold the phone between your neck and ear while typing at the same time.

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

donklan

I realize there were several product endorsements built in but what I took away was the reminder to get up and stretch body parts regularly. I believe that 11 hours probably fits many of us.

Click for Neenah, WI Forecast

JaneS

Are you saying that many of us spend 11 hours sitting in front of a computer, phone or laptop?  Add 4 hours behind the counter a WM, an hour getting ready, going there and coming home. (16) about 2 hours eating and cleaning up after meals (18) [probably a total of three hours taking care of the dogs (21).  That leaves 3 hours in 24.  No wonder I'm not sleeping well!

I'm sorry, DONKLAN!  I couldn't resist!  I'm teasing your.  And I do understand what you're saying and you're giving us some good advice.  I can't afford any of that new stuff but I do get up and walk around a lot and I do close my eyes and move them off the screen from time to time.  I never timed it but I found it to be a necessity.

Back when I was raising my children they told us to limit the amount of time the spent in front of the TV.  I never had to do that with my kids because they had so many other interests, they didn't spend a lot of time watching TV.

Now I'm going to go see if there are any zzzzs hiding in my bed and try to make use of them.  I bid you good night and may God bless us, every one!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Been up for a bit letting dogs in and out. Not a lot on today, need to take Kyle for a hair cut and pick up some dog food.

Neighbour will be over to finish or try to finish up on his skidoo. We have kept a fire on in the garage/shop for him so he is not working in the cold.

Donklan, interesting read. If one has a puppy they are lucky to sit for 1/2 hour  if that!!

Enjoy your day everyone...stay warm!
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I got up this morning to a temp of 21 degrees and snow on the ground.  At this time, it has stopped but it's supposed to begin again around 8 a.m.  I'll be off to work around 10 but the snow is to continue until around noon and  then get really serious 8 or so tonight and continue for "who knows how long".   I just hope it doesn't amount to much while I'm at work.

When I come home, I'll tackle another area of "cleaning out".  I seem to have saved a lot of "paper" but books are the real issue.  I can't seem to dispose of books!  My plan is to pack them up and then see if the kids want any of the old ones and if they don't, check with the library.  If they don't want them.....?????

I'm hoping to have a garage sale this Spring.  I wonder if anyone will find me. 

I wish you all a good day.  Grab it and make it your own!  God gave it to us to do as we wish! 

Joy

Good morning, Amy and Jane, and all the others who will  be here later.

It is a real wintry mess here this morning.  Every few minutes another school district decides to close for the day.  I am still undecided whether to try to get to the doctor's appt. or not.  It is supposed to warm up above freezing by about 10 a.m. and then fall back below freezing later this evening.  Maybe I can get in during that little bit warmer time, but just don't know what to do.  I will call the doctor's office and see if they are even going to be open.

I had a fun day yesterday with the little ones. They all had grown a lot since I last seen them.  They stayed about 4 hours and we had a good time.

I need to get myself moving as I do want to, at least get ready to go out and then decide whether I will or not.  Decisions !  Decisions !

Have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks like another cold day here. Tomorrow according to the weather guesser we will be getting a snow storm that will be a bad one. Well cannot complain, since the first of December we only had 2 1/2 inches of snow. Had inches of rain though.

LARRY  I like your attitude about your health. That is all in God's hands.

GLORIA  de  in this town we now have a power plant but it is way out in the woods and really no bother. The governor wants another one built in town and everyone is up in arms not wanting it. They need a lot of water and the town refused to supply it. They then said they would get the water from Wallum Lake but ran it trouble there, too because half the lake is in Mass. and they would not agree. Right now I think the governor has changed her mind. However they had 3 section 8 building built and now we are getting troublemakers from the city moving into them. The police now have more calls because of them than they ever had before.

JANE  I have 2 boxes of pictures that I tried going through and just cannot throw any of them away. I already told my 3 they  will have that job. I have a niece who is into genealogy and might like the pictures, will have to ask her. She has sent me many of the pictures she found on line about some of out ancestors. I have emailed her several of my brother-her Dad.

AMY  I no longer drive or make appointments in the winter months. I always tell them when I make an appointment that is it is snowing I will not be there. I do not want to‌ a car with anyone driving. I trust my sons driving and the town car  we have here has 2 good drivers I trust but still no longer feel safe on the roads when it snows.  I agree we here in the SS are a family.

DONKLAN  good information in your post. I had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands but could have been from the job I had. I bought on ergonomic keyboard and never liked it so went back to a regular one. I do not sit here long at a time I have to get up and move around or my back acts up.

JANE  wow you do not have time to sleep do you?  More than once I left work early when snow began piling up. You know those bins they have to drop clothes in? Here they have some to drop books in. I read they send those books to troops overseas.

AMY  long time since I had a puppy but they sure are a lot of work till they get out of the puppy stage.

JOY  like you I do not go anywhere when it is snowing anymore.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone, IT is 32º and cloudy with light rain on and off again calling for high of 35º today. hope you all have a great day just as you like it I with two hitches i had 9,5 hours of sleep not sure what i am going to do today except feed the cows, may go to wood shop for a while and work on the recipe boxes.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have an overcast, drizzly and chilly day today.  In a few minutes Pat will drive me to the Podiatrist for a standing appointment.  She is going to let me out at the door and then stay with the car until I call her when I am finished.  This appointment usually takes no more than 30 minutes. That will be it pretty much for the day.  I did have a good nights sleep last night for which I am grateful.  I did order my new Chromebook computer and a new laptop table for it.  They both weight just a little over 2 pounds each.  I hope to have it tomorrow or Wednesday.

I don't have time this morning to read and leave any comments on the postings since yesterday so will come back later this afternoon to do that.

CallieOK

Merry Monday, Everyfriend. 

Weather in central Oklahoma has been miserable - lots of heavy fog, low temperatures, wind (of course) and general gloom - and I've spent most of the time being a Recliner Radish.

Parents of The Grands came on Saturday and took me all around town for "in and out" errands.  Surely was nice not to have to drive, find a parking place, go in, come out....repeat.  We had lunch at my favorite Chinese restaurant.
After we got back to my house, Dil and I went through a trunk full of old quilts from my and hubby's family. I didn't know the history of most of them so she took all of them home with her to ask a friend about patterns and possible age. Dil has been making quilts using the t-shirts from The Grands' and other family members' school days.  They are so special and friends are beginning to ask her to do one for them. They're always shocked when she tells them how much it will cost because no one (including me) realizes how much time and effort it takes - in addition to the fabrics involved.

Janie,  our metro library's support group takes donated books for their annual book sale.  There are also some used-book stores around that will take them.  Some of them have a 1-for-2 deal.....donate 2 books; get 1 free.

I've been reading and sympathizing with all the health issues going on.  Sorry I'm not better at commenting but please know you are each in my prayers.

Gentle hugs to Everyfriend with good thoughts for an Enjoyable Day. 

Amy

:angel4:  :nanadance:  :nanadance2:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:  :excited:  :excited:  :pineapple:  :headspin:  :clap:  :clap: Just got a phone call from the court house, I don't have to go for jury duty......

I am glad that is off my shoulders!! Now to get through this next snow storm...
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

No snow here but it is raining and will for the rest of today and most of tomorrow. 

Laundry is "laundering" and should go into the dryer soon.  My washing machine is making ominous noises and I think I will have to go shopping for new washer and dryer soon.  :-\  Always something!

I think I will get out the vacuum and do the front hall and maybe the dining room.  I'll feel less guilty about being lazy if I do that but am making NO promises.

And I plan to put on a pot of pea soup after lunch to have tonight.  I think if I do all that it will be enough activity for today.

I worry about Larry and June and all the others here and their families who are dealing with so much.  I wish I had a magic wand that I could just wave and fix everything for all of you....and me, too.

:cheer: Yay, Amy!   :cheer:
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

We had a busy morning with the doctor's appointment and then on the way home we stopped at Diablos for our main meal.  It was pleasant to get out for a little while and to actually eat in a restaurant.  I brought 2/3rd of my lunch home for future meals.  I tried to rest for a couple of hours but couldn't get my shortness of breath to stop.  I have now read all the postings up to this time and didn't see anything that I could add to so will sign off for today.

Joy

Larry, I am sorry that you had a bad afternoon.  But, I am sure it was nice to get out to eat, but maybe that was just a little bit much after being at the doctor. 

I sure hope you will have a comfortable evening.

I wound up not going to the doctor's and didn't feel like getting my hair done either. I had been up early, so after I made a couple phone calls, I went back to bed.  Had a very lazy afternoon. Now, need to look for some dinner.

Joy
BIG BOX

Denver

Another day that has passed much too quickly!

Today is our oldest Son Kurt's 50th Birthday!  No one in our family can believe he is that old, including me❣️  I remember so well that blizzard day in Germany when he was born, and it sure doesn't seem 50 years ago. We sure would have liked to have been with him on this special day, but it just was not possible. 

YIPPEE, AMY, you are released from jury duty....hopefully FOREVER! 

JOY, I do not blame you for not wanting to get out today....wise choice!  Happy you got to spend time with your little ones....they just grow up much too quickly. 

LARRY it is good to read that you and Pat were able to enjoy a meal out today.  My dad really made me feel sad today when I was talking to him  he commented, "even my days of getting to take Diane out for a meal are over, and that makes me so sad"! This is of course, due to his pain in his back and him not being able to move around freely.  😢😢

Oh PHYLLIS, wouldn't a magic wand be WONDERFUL?

CALLIE, how nice you were able to get out and about on Saturday with your family.  How nice to share your MIL's quilts with your DIL so that she could find out some facts about them.  I feel sad that no one seems to be that interested for the most part in those hand made quilts. 

GLORIA, I am with you in that I just can not throw old pictures away......they meant so much to our family and I just can't do it.  My kids will have no problem throwing things, or so I assume from their general attitude about their personal items from their past....so they can do it. 

WOW, JANE, you are really doing a good task of going through drawers and the like and getting rid of things.....good for you!

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"