Random Image

Ge and Maddie

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:02:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for August 15, 2018

Started by so_P_bubble, August 14, 2018, 11:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Quote from: Denver on August 28, 2018, 12:44:54 AM
A late evening HELLO.

Tomorrow is our dear Joan’s Birthday.  She would have been 81.  I have mailed a picture of her Grandson, Finlay to BUBBLE I hopes she can post it for all to see.  He certainly has grown up.  I mailed it to Pat Scott, but she is not able to do it, so she suggested you, Bubble.  I do hope you have received it.

Jenny

No mail with photo arrived here... Please resend and write "for posting in S&F" on the subject line!

Lindancer

Amy Thanks for posting  the photo, Joan would be so proud of him, she always was but he is growing into a handsome young man

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Sandy

Quote from: Gloria on August 29, 2018, 10:01:15 AM

SANDY  in all the years we went to Ferry Beach at the end of the Saco river was it so hot no one was on the beach, the sand was so hot you would burn your feet.
wife and him.

Gloria....

Every so often we drive down to Ferry Beach and that area... 

I grew up in Salisbury,  Mass  and enjoyed their beaches,
as well as Seabrook and Hampton Beaches.   

We are lucky here on the East Coast to have lots of
Great Beaches and also Mountains and Lakes. 

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

June Drabek

Amy and Bubble, thank you for you joint efforts in posting Finlays picture, I can feel our dear Joan smiling down on you both. He is a very handsome young man, and I feel the future is going to be a better place to live…I have hopes that he will help make it so.

Amy I have never has shingles, but from what I have heard, it is a miserable illness.
Your husband has had to go through so much medical, it must be a discouraging time for him, and for you too. You strike me as a very strong individual and he is so fortunate to have you. Keep being the good lady you are…prayers are with you;

Larry, you are wise in having your goal of 1000 steps a day. I will try to remember to count mine. I had a lousy nite of very little sleep. About 3  or four hours,then just  short dozes and wake ups. I did go down for Bible study this morning,and now I plan to go down for lunch, then it will be a "day off."I loved your story about the stranger..T.V. So very much truth in that story.

Gloria, I button from the top down also, and unbutton from the top down. Remember the song "Button up your overcoat when your on a spree..take good care of yourself, you belong to me"? I'm giving away a brand new blouse because of the small buttons and small button holes.

Time for me to scoot downstairs for lunch, then home to fall apart. see you all later. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I'm working on recovery and I appreciate all your good wishes!  Thank you for caring. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

As Janie would say, I am all in but my shoe laces. Managed to get 5 batches of peach jam done and tomorrow will can the 6 -6 qt baskets of peaches.

Our neighbours Mom could use some prayers please. She is an amazing lady of 92 yrs and had 3 stents in yesterday but today they are operation on her again.  I have been looking after the dog and cat when they are away for them.

Jane, please take it easy ,no ladder climbing . Maybe a long soak in the tub with Shirley's remedy of Epsom salts might help??

I am now going to put my feet up.

Enjoy your evening everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lindancer

Sandy, I love the ocean, bays and Sound here on Long Island. My husband said Ihad salt water in my veins.  When he ask me to marry him, I said only if he brought me back home to LI. He was from Ala.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

My post disappeared into air,and I am not going to start over again. I will just say Prayers for all who need them, and I send you Love, Hugs, and Joyful tomorrows.  May God bring you safely through any of you needs. June

Sandy

My nephew married a gal from the Hamptons
and I have been there a couple of times.    Her family owns
three Marinas  there...   (yikes  $$$$$)   .... 
Nice people .  Very down to Earth.   

I love that area and the boat ride back to
New London?    Or some where near there.

I am definitely New England born and bred .... 
And Portland Maine is where I will live until I don't!!!!
:D :thumbup: 

― Carl Sagan

Shirley

Going to skip around, been in to read quite a few times but always on the run & no time to take notes. 

Amy thanks for the photo of Joan's gr-son... he does look like his father from the photos Joan posted long ago.  Hard to believe she isn't here to enjoy her family.   Sorry about the shingles, I had them & do believe the most painful INSIDE my body of anything ever (including heart surgery).  I did find taking B-1 helped mine not break out too bad (around my waiste to my ribs), and ever since, when I get that feeling of "here we go again" & know they are trying to break out again, I pop a B-1 (100 mg) and that ends them.  My mother broke out for 8 years, until she died, because she couldn't tolerate the meds used.  Had to rush to the hospital because of meds.  When my son had them (head & neck) he did get the shots but had scars for about a year.  I also soaked my spots with Epsom salt, not sure if that really helped, but since the Dr was amazed that I got rid of that brown spider bite the year before (with no scar), she was more than happy for me to try my tricks.  In my case, I was sure "the B-1 would do no harm if it did no good"....  Give him my sympathy, they really do hurt internally.
EDIT:  Sorry about your neighbor's mother.... cannot imagine them doing surgery right after the stents, they put so much blood thinner in my husband with each stent, we were afraid for him to move around much for fear of internal bleeding if he even bumped himself. Prayers for all of them, including the doctors.

Don, like everyone in here, I'm confident that you (of all people) will be a blessing to any place you choose to live, and bet they will be begging you to play Santa and entertain in some way. My mother always talked about the different phases of our lives & not wishing to hang on to the past or we wouldn't enjoy the present.  We had our youth & raised kids, lived our days of "our babies grown up" and so on.  No regrets, they were good times & hopefully this next phase will be just as rewarding, especially since we are so much wiser now.  Right?

Larry, you mention that place in KC.... are you thinking of John Knox Village?  I have a number of friends living there now & it sounds fantastic.  It is now "non denominational"... have apartments of all sizes to individual houses, etc.  My understanding is they have 7 restaurants & fast food on the grounds, available to anyone, medical facilities, etc.  The ones I know are pleased with the freedom they have and care if needed.  It is a whole little town for seniors.... building new apartments & houses all the time. I enjoyed reading about friend, TV, thank you.... and since my gripe was those "all news" stations where they sound like a bunch of angry kids all the time, I dropped cable & love having the old shows any time & still get the local  NBC, CBS & ABC when I want news.  I am one happy consumer.  No, I don't get golf but MY TV never liked golf.... that was Cas' fav & we paid the extra for that.  Life is very different being alone, but still a good life.

Got the RV alignment taken care of today.... not as expensive as I feared after reading the "chat" line of people that own these elephants.  Too bad they didn't explain when selling, that the factory doesn't do that re-alignment when they are done adding all the weight to the Ford chassis.   Would have saved me about $700 this week for 2 new tires + that alignment.  The tires were bald so had to be done. 

Have one more trip to the mountains before snow flies and 2 more trips to MO for school & family reunions.  Hope it isn't icy, love it cold but no telling if the trees will be turning when I get there.  I noticed this week our robins have gone south!  This is early for us.  We will be seeing flocks of birds come through soon, since this is a "fly-way".  The monarch butterflies are everywhere down along the river, but, alas, I don't have any flowers blooming for them to sit on.   

Yeah, Gloria, was cool last night but back warming up. Like you, the bones are not as thrilled with cold as a few years ago.  At least the wind is not so bad, was 40-50 mph several days this week & certainly is a strain on nerves. 

Time to go down to the river, then feed cats.  Have not had supper (I still eat supper).... and the day is done.  Oops, glanced over my shoulder toward Callie & big thunderheads to the south.... I need a peaceful night of sleep.... last night was cool, slept with the door open & smiled every time I woke up.  Lots of "to-dos" tomorrow.

Here it is, bedtime & have kept adding to this today until it's a book.... so if you like, read or skip chapters, I'm wrapping up the day.  Sweet dreams to all and God Bless.   Shirley

JaneS

Good Night Everyfriend from Central PA and May God bless us, every one!

Denver

Running late again tonight, but I sure want to thank you AMY for posting the picture for me.  You did a great job, and I know many will appreciate your efforts. 

Thank you, BUBBLE, for letting me know you did not receive my request.  This is the second time I have sent you a picture to post and I did put on the subject line “photo for S & F” .  I am thinking I do not have your correct email address.  I am sorry for the confusion.  As you can see, Amy has posted it this time.  I will check your email and see if I am sending it to the correct one.  Thank you. 

More tomorrow.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES IN HEAVEN, SWEET JOAN❣️
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's a better morning today than it has been for a week!  I must be improving!  I wish you all a good day and I wish Joan were here to celebrate her birthday!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Cloudy and cool here this morning temp of 50 ° with a light breeze. Turned the a/c off and opened the windows!

We are off to the vets   in a bit, Babe gets an allergy  from the grass in the fall each year. Have time to work around here first, will label and put away the jam and make ready to can peaches when we get back home.

Have a great day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from
the hotter and very humid, rocky coast of Maine.

Today should be the last hot and humid day,
and hopefully,  tomorrow will be our fall cycle of
weather.    (fingers crossed)

Wishing everyone a very good news day. 
Sandy
[color]

― Carl Sagan

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are headed for another day with 100 degree heat index.  No rain materialized yesterday and it was hot.  I was so weary yesterday that I spent most of the day laying down in the morning and then again after I ate the lunch Pat fixed for me.  Then I laid down again for a few hours.  We did go out to eat at Ruby Tuesday's.  Scott elected not to go with us but did come out for a couple of hours and visit with us.  I actually felt like getting up this morning so think this will be a good day.  The only thing on the schedule for today is to pick up my friend and go to coffee for an hour.  If Pat feels up to going we will go for quick haircuts this afternoon.

Gloria, I saw on the news last night that the NE was having a real heat wave and you are to had a hotter heat wave that us yesterday.  Nice that the maintenance man is great and that he lives right on the property.  I expect he gets called out fairly frequently during the night for emergencies.  It sounds like he is the bright spot in the staff there and I hope he doesn't get driven away from the job. 

Bubble, I think Amy got the picture and she did post it in thumbnail but with the link to increase the size.  He looks like a fine young gentleman. 

Sandy, living in South Carolina, but on the Western side of the State, is still the closest we have ever lived to the beaches.  I know a number of people who either have homes near the beach or go their for vacations.  It really isn't in the cards for Pat and I to make the trip to the beach. Have you watched the TV series on Netflix called "Royal Pains"?  It is set in the Hamptons and is about a brillant doctor and his brother and a young woman whose parents are from India that is also brilliant and the rich people they encounter there.  We really liked the series. 

June, fortunately my phone counts the number of steps I take so I don't have to manually keep track of them.  Sometimes when I intentionally walk to get more steps in I will mentally count them as just walking around is a bit boring.  It also shows if I climb stairs, which I seldom do.  I am sure I was far below my intended goal yesterday as just didn't have the oomph to walk anymore than I had to.  I hope you slept better last night than the night before. 

Jane, hope you can enjoy a restful day of recovery today.  It was good to read that you feel it is a better morning for you today and that you feel you are improving. 

Amy, it sounds like you are having a "peachy time" up your way.  I feel for your neighbors mother as having the stents put in is enough without having to have another operation the following day.  She must be a strong lady.  I am sure it is big help to your neighbors to know their dog and cat are well tended while they are away. 

deAngel, you had a wise husband who saw to it that you got back to Long Island to live. 

Shirley, I plan on getting the new shingles shots before long but I do now take a B Complex vitamin daily so maybe that would help ward them off.  Pat's sister has had them several times and has really suffered.  It sounds like we share the same philosophy of life in terms of taking each phase of of life as we come to it with a sense of anticipation and make the best of it not worrying about it not being the same as other phases of life.  I wasn't thinking of John Knox Village but have been by there numerous times during the nine years we lived in Raytown, Missouri.  It is certainly quite a complex. I think it was still denominational while we lived there.  My wife isn't a sports fan but think she probably likes golf the best.  This weekend starts the football season so I will be watching games throughout the season.  She is not a football fan but tolerates it as I tolerate the Hallmark movies and other programs that she likes.  Fortunately with the headsets the TV volume can be muted so it doesn't bother the other person and we can find other things to do on our laptops.  Glad you got the alignment done and new tires before getting on the road again.  I read that the Farmer's Almanac was predicting a cold and severe winter coming up.  I guess the robins got advance notice. 

Sandy

Quote from: larryhanna on August 30, 2018, 08:50:02 AM

Sandy, living in South Carolina, but on the Western side of the State, is still the closest we have ever lived to the beaches.  I know a number of people who either have homes near the beach or go their for vacations.  It really isn't in the cards for Pat and I to make the trip to the beach. Have you watched the TV series on Netflix called "Royal Pains"?  It is set in the Hamptons and is about a brillant doctor and his brother and a young woman whose parents are from India that is also brilliant and the rich people they encounter there.  We really liked the series. 

Larry  "Royal Pains" was always a
favorite of mine,  too!   Good TV! 

I actually haven't been to the beach for years...
I just love living near water... be it the Atlantic,
the Gulf of Mexico or Washington's Puget Sound.

I hope that you have a good day,  today.. 
Too much heat for me is never a good thing. 

Sandy
:coolsmiley:

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well I had another sleep in morning. we are getting as i am posting a nice genital thunder storm. lot of thunder in the distance but nice easy rain here. we sure needed it God is good. I pulled another boner yesterday.
went over to bob's and picked some cantlope honey dew and black diamond water melon's. was backing up to driveway with the tail gate up on van. Backed
into a tall post and messed up the tail gate to van. $120. for another one. I need a shoffer but too poor to afford one. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

In my travels I have picked up and or delivered in 47 of our 50 states. most of it is very beautiful, but I think the best beach is at Tampa Florida. the sand there is white and the water is so clear that you can stand in the water chin deep and
see your toe nails at the bottom. t seen a seashell with the flesh still in it. I got it balanced on one foot and picked it up to where i could get in my hand. i still have it. it is picnkesh / rose in collar. pointed on both end's. put it in car played in beach more and stopped on way back to sis and brol's house and did some
turing in shops, when we got home it was smelling bad dead also. I went out back and got a stick and was trying to get it out of the shell (gagging). a little neighbor girl walked up watched for a minute , then walked up ducked under my arm back to me and took hold of it one hand and wit the other got hold of the flesh and pulled it out. took the shell over to water hydrant and washed it off clean. I want to take Nancy down to that beach when we get our motor home. Have a great day.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Hi !! I woke up at 3 a.m. and like yesterday, I could not get back to sleep, so this is not expected to be a great day. However, Lloyd has given me a good laugh already......"they were getting a nice genital thunder storm".  Interesting.

There is nothing that I need attend today, thank goodness. My mind is so foggy this morning,so I will stay home, mostly, and read and doze.

Larry that is a very intresting phone you have. What is the make..brand. I would like to check it out on my computer.

Time to make my bed and get dressed in street clothes, my foggy mind may take me out in my gown. Have a great, God Blessed day dear hearts.....special prayers for you my Janie,and hugs

Gloria

Good morning everyone, today we are supposed to see the end of this heat and humidity with thunder storms this afternoon. If they materialize most likely they will be bad, usually are after the H and H we have had this week.

SANDY  the beach in front of my in-laws house on Ferry beach was beautiful but now there is no beach. The storms over the years washed it away and now they have put those huge rocks there to try and hold the road back. One of my sis in laws still goes up there every summer and she takes pictures, sad to see it now.

JUNE  oh my I do remember that song. Those old songs we grew up with, they had rhythm and were sung by singers WHO could pronounce the words so we could understand them. I find the same problem with blouses these days, small buttons and seems the button holes are too small.

JANE  about time you take time to take care of yourself. We do care about each other in this cyber family.

AMY  10 years ago I was told by more than 1 doctor that I was too old for surgery and I was still in my 70s. I am still in good health except for the back arthritis.

SHIRLEY  I do not mind bundling up in layers in the winter and going out for fresh air but the last few days I have stayed inside where the AC has been running 24/7 just to keep a little cool. I keep doors closed  to keep the living areas cool but with the sun beating on this side of the building if  never got below 80 in here yesterday. When I got up this morning it had gone down to only 77° and I had it set for 67°. Always love reading your "books"

AMY  wish I could call on Scotty and ask him to beam me up to your home. 85 humid degrees here. YUCK!! Sure hope the forecasters are right about this heatwave breaking today.

LARRY  the maintenance man goes off duty at 4pm and has weekends off. He leaves the property then so he does not get called on his own time. One time the lobby doors got stuck open on a Friday and he stayed till the company finally sent someone to fix it. Could not leave with them open as anyone could have walked in. He stayed till 9pm. The witch is supposed to pay him overtime but she will not. She told him to leave at noon on Friday till those hours were covered. On Friday he leaves for a home they have in Conn. but in the winter if it starts snowing he has to come back right away and start cleaning the snow from the walkways and in front of the entry way. When it snows during the night he will be out there every hour cleaning the snow again.  He is a hard worker and we all like him He has her on his cellphone and the ring he has when she calls him in a dog barking. Most of us would not bother him on his off hours but there are a few who thinks he should be at their beck and call 24/7. On his off time there is a main number to the main office for help and someone from the other buildings the own is supposed to come, half the time no one shows up and when they do they do not know how to fix anything.

LLOYD  with this tiny state  we are never more than 45 minutes -depending on traffic from the Atlantic so have been to the one of the beaches most of my life. I miss it now.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

June Drabek

I had trouble locating this site tonight. felt pretty weird.

I had a quiet day but I did get out quite a bit. I tried LARRY's counting of steps. only I  used part of my counting on the times used my feet and legs to keep the glider going back and forth in our garden. It was beautiful here weather wise.In the mid 80s, but with some lovely clouds..the winds may have been blowing way up there..clouds called "Mare's Tails". I really enjoyed it.

Janie, I never did know what has caused your back pains. Did you fall, lift something to heavy ??Did it happen at work or at home ?????? I have been praying along with the others. we need your youthfulness here dear one.

I had several short naps this afternoon, but no deep ones, so hopefully I will sleep through the night tonite. Had a huge lunch downstairs today, so I will have some cereal tonight and a banana, and that will be it. And it is time to eat, so I will close with Love and Hugs and Prayers. June

JaneS

JUNE, I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing.  I was checking on my leaky roof to make sure the bucket was still under it because we were having another of our bad storms.  When I came down the stepladder (inside the house) I missed the bottom step and in trying to catch myself, I twisted.  I avoided falling buy i strained my back pretty bad.  It was my own fault and I told my daughter, "If I needed a reason to stay off stepladders, that's it."  I'm taking tomorrow off and then I'll probably be back to business as usual on Monday. 

Now I'm off to Dreamland.  I wish you all a Good Night and I thank you all
for your good thoughts on my behalf!  Sleep peacefully and may God bless us, every one!

June Drabek

Janie, thank you so much for explaining your fall to me. We really do have to be more aware of what we are doing, when we do something different. I know I have to move much slower now and be very aware of what I am  doing. My balance is so bad now, I start to tip sidewise for no good reason that I know of..it is scary, but I am learning to be more aware of my movements.

I'm thanking God that He protected you against worse injury, and don't rush to go back to work too soon, O.K. ? I love you much. June

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.  69º partly cloudy and going for 89º here today.
except for the wend here yesterday was a good cool day. i would welcome
another. JaneS i hope you are doing better now, and stay off the ladders.
you know we are getting older and slower do not think as fast as we once did.
just like yesterday we went over to the truck garden at Bob's and picked some
honeydew Mellon's cantaloupes watermelons as I was backing up with the turtle lid up I turned too quick and backed in to a post and messed it up where it wont shut and latch. now Nancy is on the warpath. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Wow what a nice change in the weather 40° here at the moment. I will soon change the house temp as canning peaches is just about to begin. :thumbup:

Gloria, they want my neighbours Mom to go to a specialist but he is in the big city...and she would have to go 3-4 times before anything would be done.I believe she opted out of that and as long as she is comfortable she is staying right where she is.

Sandy, I am with you as I love water, in it on it or under it. Even just the sound of a babbling brook.

Larry, tis going to be another peachy day here. After the peaches comes tomatoes and salsa.

Jane, hope you are feeling better today.

Lloyd ,would an auto wrecker have a part that you can replace the broken one??

Better get a move on and start production!!

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

Amy yes they did but it is a defferant color. But Bob has a old van with the same color we are going to switch them out. his is just a work van. doseant matter to him about the color. just hope she get's off the high horse. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

a thought when you think about a artiest. just look out at at the sky and see what God is doing with it. and he is changing all the time. just a few min. ago there was a long flat on top cloud with the shape of a cat setting on it. I suppose it went chasing a mouse it has left now. Have a great day

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'll be in and out today.  Back when I can!  Enjoy your day!  Amy, I hope your day is just peachy!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Not a cloud in the sky this morning and it is going to be another day with the heat index up to 100 degrees.  The only thing on the agenda for today is to do a grocery pickup at Walmart in an hour or so.  Yesterday morning I did got to coffee but my friend called shortly before I would have gone to pick him up saying he had a dental appointment  yesterday and couldn't go.  Yesterday afternoon Pat and I did get our hair cut.  We had dropped a birthday package off at the Post Office for Pat's sisters birthday on the way and as we came home we stopped at the Walmart Pharmacy to pick up a couple of prescriptions. 

Sandy, there were some real characters on "Royal Pains".  It was well cast.  I hope you have a cooler day today. 

Lloyd, send some of that rain our way.  I have been hoping for rain for several days but probably should go ahead and water my yard this evening.  Sorry about your little accident.  I really hate to back up anymore and do it very slowly continually looking all around.  The seashell sounds very much like the one my mother had for many years.  You could put your ear to it and it sounded like the ocean. Not good to have our wives on a high horse.  We had some beautiful flowers here yesterday that looked like big piles of marshmallows. 

June, I sure hope your yesterday turned out better than you had anticipated and that you were able to get some extra sleep.  I have an iPhone 6 and it has a health app on it.  Since I carry it on my belt it can count the steps.  It is an amazing piece of equipment as are all of the smart phones.  There are other devices that will also count your steps like the Fitbit that Shirley uses.  The steps add up pretty quickly and it sounds like it was a good idea to count while using the glider as you were still exercising your legs.  I have no illusions that my walking is strengthening my heart but rather it is important so I can retain my mobility.  I did get over 2,000 steps yesterday. 

Jane, I was concerned about you and that stepladder and a bucket of water.  Ladders are just not safe for folks in our age range.  Glad you are getting better. Nice to see you are up to getting out and about today.

Amy, I expect the heat of the canning will soon warm up your house.  I think I would prefer a "peachy day" rather than a "tomato day".  :)

Gloria, I just don't understand how people can like songs that repeat the same short phrase with the same tune over and over and over again.  I just find it annoying but often hear that type of music in restaurants.  I also don't care for singing that is basically shouting. Pat has had the same comment from her back surgeon although with the explanation that the stenosis is too back to operate as an operation wouldn't solve the back pain problem.  I do hope you have a break in your heatwave.