Random Image

All Horses Cover

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:57:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for April 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, April 15, 2019, 01:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley well we are with the rest of S & F 's behave your self. hope by the time we get the R V dried out from the water filter leak and clothes and food loaded in it and ready to hit the road. you are ready and able to have company for a short day at least. Nancy has decided what route we are going to take to start out with, we are planing on coming to Wichita and see you if you are up to it, then head down to Texas and visit our second cousin for a day or so then head on down to Las cruses NM. go  to the church we attended when I was in the service. and see folks that were there then. then on to El Paso Texas and see a friend there. if he is still here with us. drift along 10 highway to Tampa Florida. spend some time there. we are going to check in to a R V park at Mac Dill A F B. if we can.

Lloyd

JaneS

LLOYD, your trip sounds really neat!  I hope you make it all and the weather is beautiful for you!

No one could have asked for a better day today.  It was filled with things accomplished, friends and a lovely church service.  Now I'm off to bed to get ready to meet another day.  I wish you all well.  And may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

roley

G'Moring all.  Just looking in to wish you all a Happy Easter !, hope you managed to dry out the RV Lloyd, we are experiencing a 'mini heatwave here at the moment !, 25C !, for this time of the year that's exceptional but very welcome, I may even manage to sit out in the garden for a hour or two !,:-)..
                                        Cheers, best wishes to all. Roley.

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's very unusual that the "boys" are here first in the morning so I wish you both (and everyone who follows) a perfect day!

I'll be off to meet and greet at WM (and to check out their purchases) in a little while.  Don't know how I'll feel when that's over but I'll check in later to see what's happening.

A BLESSED  GOOD FRIDAY TO ALL WHO CELEBRATE IT!

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Raining this morning taking away all the ice and dirty snow.Speaking of snow, I put my dance partner away in the shed till next fall/winter.

Jane I also got the mustard done plus 6 loaves of banana orange bread.

Lloyd ,happy to see all is well with you and Nancy. Enjoy your time away bring back lots of stories for us to read.

Roley, good morning to you, nice to see you pop in. Happy Easter to you and your family.

Well, I slept in again and now I am running to catch up.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. sun is shining very bright here. 46º and heading for 59º they say on the local weather for Holden. we are going to work on putting the R V back to gather today and getting it loaded to hit the road. have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Just checking in today.

Carol

Callie - I am glad you came through that storm OK. 

Shirley:  I am not going to nag you, I am just going to send you a strict Marine whose voice will make you obey!   ;D

Jenny:  Prayers for you and Bob during this stressful time.

We are still getting settled after driving home.   

JaneS

I'm home and I'm tired...not exhausted, just tired.  It was busy up the gazoo!  I only noticed one register that wasn't open for most of the morning and the part of the afternoon that I was there.  No one can say our WM doesn't have it's registers open.

I shopped my way out of the store, picking up a couple of items that I remembered I need and then came home. 

Now I'm going to go close my eyes for a bit and let the zzzzs take over until the dogs start nagging me for supper.  I hope you had a lovely day.  Welcome home, Carol!

CallieOK

Carol,  the hail/wind were worse on the other side of I-35 than in my area. We did get a good soaking rain, though.

On Monday, I discovered I had ordered checks for the wrong account so went to the bank to get help.  Got help with that - but then my driver's license wasn't in its regular place in my billfold.   Turned the house upside down - no luck.  Gathered info to take to tag office for replacement on Tuesday morning.  Just before going to bed, I thought of one more place to look.  And there it was!!!!!   I had changed purses to go out one evening and had put license and some cash in a small coin purse that I usually keep mints and Tums in.  I'd put the coin purse back in my regular purse without clearing it out.  DUH!!!! .....and also WHEW!!!!

Tuesday and Wednesday busy with errands and laundry.

Yesterday was the loveliest day I've had in several weeks.  Beautiful sunshine - just a light breeze.  Neighbors had seen a hummingbird or two so in the morning I made syrup and put mine out.  Then I filled the bird feeders and cleaned/filled the bird bath.
Neighbors had also heard/seen mosquitoes so I put mosquito dunks in the French drains, the bird bath - and, after reading the directions, put small chunks of dunk :) in the planters - because they were so soggy.

After lunch,  I cleaned the garden clippers, etc. - and then spent the rest of the afternoon reading on the patio.
I happened to look up just as a hummer darted on and off the feeder.  Probably a Scout but now they'll know it's there.

This afternoon my neighbor discovered that one of the feral cats we've seen around for a while had had 3 kittens in the back of her flower bed.  We are not allowed to put feed out for any kind of animal so it remains to be seen what will happen to them.  The mama ran away and, although she's obviously used to seeing people around, we wonder if she will move them.

I'm beginning to start to commence preparing my part of Easter lunch.  Most of the family will gather here early afternoon.  I expect to find some of them here when I get home from church..    Miss Emily isn't coming home because she has Finals next week and will then have a 2-week break between terms.  Sir Carson/girlfriend are coming directly from OSU and go directly back.

#2 son appeared last Sunday to tell me dil had been in the hospital for four days with pancreatis (sp?).  She didn't go home until Tuesday and, although she's doing okay, I don't know what their plans are for Easter. She will be on a very limited diet for quite a while - and will have to make some BIG changes permanently that she isn't going to like very much.

And that's what's going on in my little part of the world.

Hugs to Everyfriend and Best Wishes for a Blessed Easter.

Shirley

Just got back from the trip to son's house to pick up all my medical papers & this instant realized I did NOT do that! I was concentrating on others things, like stopping at the store to pick up that 3rd prescription & then to Long John Silver's for one piece of fish & across the street to Braums for a "twisty" cone, frozen yogurt in a crispy waffle cone. Callie knows about them, don't you, Callie. :thumbup:

I passed on the pills since the Pharmacist said they were "the same family" as one I had a bad reaction with but there is a smaller dosage, that I could wait & talk it over with my doctor. This doctor is top of my list for do not trust... whatever he slipped in my IV has kept me drowsy ever since. I ate my fish & the cone & am sleepy again, without accomplishing anything today.

Lloyd, do let me know when you & Nancy think you will hit Wichita because I have to meet with the cardiologist to talk over when he's going to put that new valve in. My son was saying they told me to "report in" within 5 days, I'm hoping to put off the valve job for 2 weeks but the doctor was saying a week. I think I explained to you that I live on a narrow street & is illegal to park an RV on the street... and my driveway doesn't have room for 2 RVs, so I will need to come meet you when you stop. I am on the WEST side of town. I sent you my phone number...

Glad you made it home safe, Carol. We've made trips into the 4 corners area, each so different, candy for the eyes, for sure. That swing up through Monument Valley was one amazing sight after another. Honestly, watching some old John Wayne westerns today, reminded me that all those spires & gullies one expected him to pop out. That is one drive I would love to take over. 

Well, Kids, think I will get ready for bed. Need to boil the next 18 eggs & then peel & cut in half, I can stack the whites up & mix the yolks in a bowl to refrigerate until Sunday after church. Our brunch isn't until 10:00 am so will fill them & put the paprika on when I get to their house. Don't know how else to transport 36 eggs cut in half to make 72 deviled eggs.... well, minus the 2 that I have to test. We used to put all the eggs out for the hunt but the kids were more excited about toys & eggs got pretty battered being tossed into the baskets. Times change.....

JaneS

I guess I was more tired than I thought when I got home from work.  I did a few small chores, took a short nap, chased the doggies out between rain storms, fed them, fed me and loafed the rest of the evening.

Now I'm going to chase them out again because I think the rain stopped and then, when they are all dried off, we'll go to bed.  Tomorrow will be another day.

I begged a ride to the Easter Vigil Service tomorrow.  It's a combined service for all the Episcopal Churches in this area and is about a half hour from here.  My ride is with our priest and her husband.  He got descriptions and directions from me before last night's service and then said, "and the cost will only be 200".  I said "200 stones, 200 peanuts, 200 corn kernels...."  We settled on the corn kernels.  He's not expecting anything but I packed up two bags of microwave popcorn with a not saying that I had counted the kernels in each bag and there are exactly 102 in each bag.  I said that he can consider the extra 4 a tip.  It will be interesting to see his reaction.

Now I'm off to shoo the doggies out.  Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

CallieOK just slow down and relax take it one day at a time,when you get old it gets worse, I can tell you from my own experience. Shirley we will give you a head's up, and make it work in your(feeling better time) we have lot more time than $$$$.

Lloyd

Denver

Way past my bed time....so this will be short! 

We kept busy today, and the day really went by quickly.  BTW, a belated GOOD Friday or Passover which ever applies.  It sure was a beautiful day here. 

Michele was not good again today.....Bless her heart.  She is just so out of it with O energy and has not had one good day this week.  We feel so bad for her.  We hope tomorrow WILL be better and especially that Easter Sunday will be. 

Our TV  news is non stop with the memories of the Columbine School Massacre!  Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary.  Today there were two reports of guns at one middle and one high school🤬. So sad.

AMY, hope Jesse Boy had a good day!

Lordy mercy, SHIRLEY, you just can not slow down can you? I know you have things that NEED done.....BUT BUT BUT, we just want you to take care of yourself❣️

Tomorrow is 4/20..... not a good day in Denver.....all the participants gather in one of our parks downtown and illegally SMOKE POT in our public park.  They leave huge messes and traffic is all messed up....not something we like one bit🤬🤬

I must say goodnight......💤 are needed right now. 

Pleasant dreams to all,

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

so_P_bubble

Here is an old card as an Easter remembrance of past years. Just a visit in memory lane! /color]

Easter 8 Staff.jpg

JaneS

Shirley

Thank you, Bubble.... what a treat to see. So nice to remember people we care about.,, How lucky we are to have known each other. So glad you saved that. I'm sure Don regrets not being able to share your holiday, I miss seeing your yummy foods and photos of the day.  Blessings to you (and you, Don), and this whole big family of Seniors!  I am disappointed that my church services are all late evening & I don't drive after dark, but I will be at the Sunday morning service.

I woke up to a cat staring in the sliding door at me so got up & let her in. She likes to cuddle but this morning kept popping up to look out the door. I finally turned around & sure enough, there was Tom waiting to come in. Got up & fed them breakfast, looked out all the doors but no sign of Callie. She tends to sleep later that her kids. Oops, there she is!  Spoiled cats, put some people tuna (Starkist) in a dish & none of them will eat it this morning... all expect salmon or will just have some Friskies "Indoor Delight" dry. Not much spoiled, huh?

Jenn, so sorry about Michele feeling so bad, how much longer are the treatments?  She is in my thoughts & prayers.

That's how I felt, Jane!

phyllis

O my gosh, Bubble! That was a long time ago.  4 of us are gone and sadly missed.  The remaining 4 are still hanging in here.

Had a Shingrix/Shingles shot yesterday.  Not feeling too good but will get over it, I expect.

Rough weather of tornadoes, high winds, and rain all around us yesterday but we are OK.  Tornadoes were too close for comfort.

Lots of things to be thankful for on this Easter weekend.

Happy Easter or Passover, everyone!
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone,42º and clear here calling for high of 70º today. so_P_bubble thanks for the photo of past. only problem with me is I can rember all the faces but can't reamber all the names that go with them. the older I get the less my brain works. Have a good day. one thing sure I bet I reamber to winterize the R V this cumming fall so not to let freze and burst pluming in it.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone...
Another rainy day here heard a road washed out to the north of us yesterday.

Laundry day today but no hanging out. I want to make read and some baked goods today. Will see just how far the energy level goes.

Bubble, cute bunch of chicks you have there!!

Shirley, how about slowing down to just 100 MPH instead of 150? Happy to read that you are doing great.

Phyliss,I waited till I had no waltzes or dances with the snow removal toys and then I had my second shingle shot. Gosh it does make your arm sore!! Hope you feel better soon.

Jenny, Michele is going through a rough time and I hope soon it starts to get better for her.

Gloria and Joy are MIA...along with Gloria de.

I am off to get some work done.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Good morning, Amy and all the other friends.

Amy,  I have had to limit my time on the computer.  I just have been spending way too much time and, I have my timer set for 30 min. and it is almost up

I was up early and made some little cinnamon pastry bites.  Just dough covered with sugar and cinnamon and rolled up and cut into little bite-sized pieces.  I like to make my own pie crust,  but find it getting more difficult to make. So, my SIL sent me a box of Jiffy pie crust mix and I mixed it up yesterday.   Baked them this morning.... cut up some grapes, and now will go make a cup of coffee and have my breakfast.  I really wanted to start back doing my Tai Chi sitting exercises.  I  hope I can make myself keep it up. I need to get some energy. 

I will try to get back here later in the day.  Only 1 thing on my to-do list for today  right now.  My son is picking up a coconut cake at a local bakery and he doesn't have room in his fridge to put it, so I have to find some room in mind.

I will be going to my oldest son's for dinner.  He is an excellent cook, so I always know I will get a good meal, and maybe,  even bring home a doggy-bag.

My timer  is beeping. 

Have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

My son and DIL appeared at my door about 7;45 a.m this morning.  They were picking up his truck since the recycle center opens at 8 but we had a short visit.  The outcome is that I've been assigned to make scalloped potatoes for the Easter dinner.  That means I'll have to stop by the store and pick up some potatoes.  I used the last of mine this week.

I guess I better get on my horse and give him a nudge!  It's going to be another busy day.  I wish you all well and I keep you in my prayers!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, what  a day yesterday, woke late and phone rang, my DIL said she would be here to cut my hair. Had to rush breakfast  and get dressed. Then CNA got here, and the witch was here to inspect my apartment. Only complaint she had was I had dirty windows. Something else I can no longer do. Looks like I will have to ask my son to wash them, CNA's aren't allowed to do them. With all the rain the outside is what  is dirty and I cannot  reach up to release them and tip them in to do the outside. Fun place to live? NO. Raining again today and maybe all day tomorrow,  going to my son's. Dislike going out in the rain anymore.

SHIRLEY  hope you are taking it easy. We want you with us for a lot more years.

JENNY  some people just want their 15 minutes of fame, could be that crazy woman wanted that.

LLOYD  you will get to  see a lot of our beautiful country in your travels.

CALLIE  what are mosquito dunks? Never heard of them.

JANE  like your sense of humor with the 102 kernels in each bag.

BUBBLE  that  sure is an old memory. I still have the one Bunnie did of the old Nest group and I have the Christmas tree I did way back with Joan the star at the top and everyone else in it. Thanks for posting this.

AMY  I am not missing, I know where I am.  Too busy all day yesterday.

JOY  I don't set a timer for my computer time, my back lets me know.

Have a good day and
HAPPY EASTER, might not have time to post tomorrow..

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

Here are a few jokes for the grandkids...

Q: How does the Easter Bunny say Happy Easter?
A: Hoppy Easter!

Q. What do you call a rabbit who tells jokes?
A. A funny bunny.

Q. What do you call rabbits that live at the North Pole?
A. Cold.

Q. What do you call a bunny with a dictionary in his pants?
A. A smarty pants.

Q: What do you call a very smart bunny?
A: An egghead.

Q: How do you catch the Easter Bunny?
A: Hide in the bushes and make a noise like a carrot!

Q. What's the best way to catch a unique rabbit?
A. Unique up on him.

Q. How do you catch a tame rabbit?
A. Tame way, unique up on it.
Q. Why shouldn't you tell an Easter egg a good joke?
A. It might crack up!

Q. Where does the Easter Bunny get his eggs?
A. From Eggplants.

Q. Why do we paint Easter eggs?
Because it's easier than trying to wallpaper them!

Q. How does Easter end?
A. With the letter R!
Jimmy Dean

larryhanna

I have read all of the postings but will once again take a pass on making individual comments to everyone.

Shirley

Amy, I copied your bunny jokes & sent to my daughter... she has her 4 kids & 6 grands at their house this week end. Think she bought out Amazon of toys, even bikes for all ages (still working on getting the guys to help put them together). They have a huge house & she has beds for all, including getting some colorful tents with mattresses for several of the older ones (oldest is 7 down to about year & half). They live in St.Louis so unlimited things to see, but all want to just hang around the house & play in the yard. Said her Fitbit said she had over 15,000 steps yesterday and didn't need the treadmill.

Larry, I know you said you aren't a candidate for more stents or other procedures, but has you seen another doctor recently to get another opinion?  Reason I'm asking is that I was told that "we don't do anything to repair the tricuspid valve"... and I accepted that statement.... until my son sat here & seconds later had Mayo up on his phone and said, "Mayo does!" So I was told right, THIS group doesn't do that type work but others do. My Echo shows the tricuspid is critical but the aortic they can repair with the TVAR process... only has a "leakage" but rating was not critical. Makes me less than eager to have that job done right now since they don't last very long. Wish we could get you fixed to feel better.

so_P_bubble

Quote from: Gloria on April 20, 2019, 09:20:12 AM
BUBBLE  that  sure is an old memory. I still have the one Bunnie did of the old Nest group and I have the Christmas tree I did way back with Joan the star at the top and everyone else in it.

Please Gloria, e-mail them to me and I will post.  Thanks

Lloyd Hammond

we called the sweet Lady Bunny,her husband's name was gene. that was the good old days. thanks for the hint on here Name. she never got too busy to help us all. someone smarter than I should edit that picture and put all there Names on them at the bottom.

Lloyd

Lloyd

Lindancer

Good afternoon, I am still living in my mobile, I am signed up for 6 month with Hospit. a nurse comes in once a week more if needed, and aide the rest of the time, she makes my lunch and give me a showder, does my laundry. Just no more doctors. I just can roam around my home attached to the oxygen, I am content with this set up. My DIL from Mass. will be down for a few day next week. My DIL from NIceville will be here the 2nd.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Lindancer (? mobile) mobile home or R V. Main thing stay In tune as you Like it'be your own boss. time to bid you all sweet dreams and good night,
we got to upper seventy's today and calling for the eighty's tomorrow. good night.

Lloyd