Random Image

Maeve, drawn by Maggie

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:52:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sato

Photo of my hibiscus in red

Photos and Videos are my Hobbies. (S.Sato)

Vanilla-Jackie

Sato, have you always been a keen gardener, and if so, do you still manage to take care of your garden yourself? as that is the one sad thing as we get older...It certainly looks like someone takes good care of your flowers... :)
" There is no present like the time "

Sato

Vanilla-Jackie, our garden is small. The professional gardener helps us. Many of photos we take are at the city parks. Those are why.....

Vanilla-Jackie

Sato...in life there are the dedicated to their own gerdens, type of gardener, then there are the people who go to all kinds of garden shows- open garden village fetes because they just simply love flowers...We used to do that once, go visit...Our last village opened their doors once a year ( those who volunteered,) we all paid an entry, some gardens were small, some gardens were large...Then we had the larger gardens and grounds, often manor houses open to the public...When some advertise they often will state if the grounds are disabled friendly, suitable for wheelchairs...We can tap into the National Garden Scheme beforehand to check on these places before we go, to check whether it will be suitable or if there maybe hazards....

FlaJean

Sato, your red hibiscus is so pretty.  I had both red and yellow hibiscus when we lived in Ocala.  Here I have just two yellow hibiscus bushes but think I might get a red one.  I have a place that it would fit nicely.  Our yard is very small here and I am glad.  We had a half acre in Ocala and it was getting too much to care for.

Mary Ann

Sato, the cherry blossoms and red hibiscus are lovely.  The cherry blossoms make me wish for a cherry pie, although I think these blossoms don't develop into eating cherries.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Haha, Jean, I have found it better to admire flowers growing anywhere but MY yard... I don't have to pull the weeds and watch for bugs.  :thumbup: Love the hibiscus, thanks for sharing yours...

And thank you, Sato, for sharing yours. I've been out today cutting down the tall grasses, need to tie a Kleenex under my nose from all the pollen! I really don't like yard work but know that I need the exercise.

So happy we have a place to come visit!  Was worried yesterday. Felt like spring here and the wind wasn't too bad.

so_P_bubble

Purim is here!
These photos are from Grade 1 in school.

IMG-20190319-WA0078.jpg

IMG-20190319-WA0072.jpg

Superwoman in the back is the teacher!

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

and this is the Principal of the school.

IMG-20190319-WA0031.jpg

so_P_bubble

Mary Ann

Fun pictures, Bubble.  Pictured with his classmates, Aviv doesn't look so "old" as he does in an individual picture.  He fits right in!

Mary Ann

angelface555

What great photos! And what great memories you are sharing with us! Thanks Bubble!

Shirley

I am smiling from ear to ear at this dumb monitor!!! Darling photos, Bubble, enjoyed every one. What great costumes & fun for all. Aviv is getting so tall... and looking so much older. Thank you, thank you.  Next time you get a chance give him a big hug from "the old auntie back in Kansas", and tell him that I will post a photo of a boy about his age here in Kansas. Have to find one first, they usually have his 2 little sisters in them.

Sato

How great photos!   Really KAWAII they are!!

so_P_bubble

I did the dumbest thing yesterday :(   :'(

I wanted to download the photos I took in town of the Purim festivities. My finger slipped and I clicked on erase instead of copy!  They are all gone and untraceable. Can you believe that? Such a loss...  So nothing to show you today. I especially miss the one of myself in a funk wig, together with one of Don's local friend.

SCFSue

Bubble, thank you for the pictures.  Aviv is such a handsome lad--and I think you and his parents will find that lots of young ladies his age will be calling your phones way too often (We had 3 sons, all now in their late 50's and early 60's--and we got lots of phone calls!).  I hope Aviv will have a way to politely discourage lengthy calls!

SCFSue

FlaJean

Looks like everyone was having a great time.  Very frustrating about losing your photos.  Several years ago I made one of those mistakes and lost a whole bunch of photos.  Grrr.  Not much you can do about it, unfortunately.  We need those photos to help us jog our memories as time marches on.

We are having a beautiful day.

Sato

Red Poinsettia

Vanilla-Jackie

Sato...
...I always associate the red Poinsettia with Christmas...This is the one basket arrangement I place by our fireside each year...

Vanilla-Jackie

...Me getting ready to leave for my 68th Birthday treat to go see Psychic Sally at our local theatre..My only let down really was my hair, ( long and straggly, ) left it far too late getting an appointment with the one I usually have, any other appointment the salon would be too busy, I would have had trouble manoeuvring around..Oh well, at least another week and my haircut will be a neater and shorter cut...
Oh, and yes, I always screw up my eyes and blink just as that shutter goes click..

Joy

Wonderful pictures of Aviv and his classmates.  The kids were very creative with the costumes.  The principal  was quite brave to wear that costume. 

Jackie,  that is a great picture of you.  And, your hair looks good.  Today, there are so many different hairstyles that anything goes.   But,  I know how you feel about needing it cut.  Mine needs it right now and I will be able to get it cut tomorrow.  I had wanted to get it cut last week, but forget to tell the gal and she was half done setting it when I remembered.  Now, tomorrow, I will be in a rush, as my hair appt. is at 10 and I have a doctor's appt. at 1:45.   I will have to get all ready for the appt. as I won't have a lot of time after my hair appt.   I plan on washing it tonight, as that will save a little bit of time in the morning. 

Thanks for sharing all the nice pictures.  Bubble,  your daughter fit into the Santa suit just fine.  It is a shame that Don wasn't able to get there to share in the fun.  I know he was really missed.

Joy
BIG BOX

Shirley

You are looking lovely, Jackie, and a belated but Happy Birthday! I understand how "needing a haircut" makes you feel so that's why I just trim my own. Yours does not look out of shape to me... I like your soft yellow scarf/wrap.

My hair always grew so fast & was so thick I had a problem wanting to let someone else mess with it and certainly not pay for a haircut every 10 days (which is what it took to keep the white covered when I started needing to dye before age 30). All my life I would trim a little every time I washed it (twice a week), but it isn't as thick & coarse as long ago. I am starting to have trouble trimming the back of my neck because my vision is not being corrected for that distance. I have glasses that help with driving, have to take them off to read, but looking in two mirrors I get no help so it is pull & measure against the other side.  :coolsmiley:

Beautiful poinsettia, Sato. I was looking at my 2 pots from last year, sitting in the berm. Some years they survive the winter outside and sometimes they don't, but I never have patience to put them in the dark at the right time to have them bloom again. I bought some at Sam's Club this year, huge ones and under $20 each. They filled the living room since I did not put up a tree this year. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Bubble, back when we bought the Rialta in 1998 we made a trip to the Pacific Northwest, to Olympic National Park. I had my first digital camera that "wrote" to mini-CDs. Several of the people helping with photos back then, warned me about saving the originals when I resized them. Well, duh... I didn't understand what they were talking about and since the CD that came with the camera was an RW, I downloaded to the computer & resized and then deleted ALL from the camera CD-RW. I have cried about it ever since because we saw the most gorgeous sights & I had photos of them, that are on all the calendars... and all I have are the tiny ones we used for Senior Net. My sincere sympathy, we don't ever get that day over, do we? 

Good morning, Joy, you slipped in while I was typing. Hope the Dr appointment is nice to you. We already have 55° so I need to get outside & work on the yard while it isn't too windy. My mini-daffodils are blooming like crazy, will take a camera out & something to show their size...so pretty but too tiny to show from the street & they are behind a brick pillar so I can't see from my window, I pick & put on my kitchen window sill.

Vanilla-Jackie

Joy and Shirley...thank you.. :)

...yes it was an on the spur of the moment booking our ticket online, otherwise It would have been a stay at home birthday...Anyway, re, messy hair, I now book for the back row of the ground stalls, ( out of the way, where I am not noticed, )  ;D  the nearest's to the loos, and the shortest distance to walk into and out into  the theatre..It is also the best place to park a rollator ( which I took ) or wheelchair...These back rows is where most disabled's choose to sit, although the theatre was packed, the back few rows was almost empty, apart from a handful of people, three were sitting in front of us but didn't cut out my view as I was sitting on the end, the gangway, ready for an easy access...

Joy...
...oh tomorrow sounds like it might be a busy few hours for you...

Bubble...
...young children always dress up in the clothes of what they want to be when they grow up... ;)

angelface555

Jackie, so nice to see a photo of you!

FlaJean

Nice photo Jackie.  I always love to see pictures of our S&F friends and family.

Shirley, I cut my hair also.  Have done it for years.  I use to cut and perm my mother's hair so I'm pretty handy with a pair of scissors.

Pretty poinsettia, Sato.  We always buy a couple of them at Christmas and usually put them on the porch to make it look more Christmasy.  The bright red ones like your picture are my favorite.

Vanilla-Jackie

Oh I had often cut my own hair over the years but I couldnt do it now with my MS right hand constant pins and needles and numbness ( paresthesia.)

Shirley

When my hair was thick & coarse it took several new razor blades to cut, no matter how hard the steel, my hair was tougher. Now I get by with one new blade, can still find the Schick injector ones that work best for me. If I cut one little sprig of hair with sissors it will stick out, always took that slant edge made with a razor blade. It still grows fast but not as thick and not as coarse, but still don't have patience to go get it done. I used to tell my husband how much I saved him. He had an appointment every three weeks his whole life to have his cut, then he would come home & want me to "trim a little on this side". He insisted the barber would get to talking & forget what he was doing.  My sister was the one that loved to give perms, to Mother & for herself... and every so often she would badger me into one. I"d look like Little Orphan Annie for a few days & would cut it off, my head did not look good with a perm!

Jackie, I can still cut with my hands but just can't see what I'm doing. I did just find a jar opener like my mother had, because I don't have the strength in my hands to open anything. I've bought several other kinds that didn't work for me but this one is a life saver!  I installed it myself under the top kitchen cabinets, just pop something into it & give a twist & no effort to open. I am delighted.  One time in the RV I wanted a peanut butter & jelly sandwich.. new jar of peanut butter. I tried everything but couldn't get it open & was so mad at myself. Felt like throwing that jar but couldn't open the door with the cats standing there. I can imagine your frustration at times.

Jean, I heard something on the news the other day about your town, meant to ask you about it & now can't remember what it was. Did something exciting go on around there lately? 

Joy, still giggling at your comment about the principal wearing that outfit being brave.... exactly what I was thinking. Must be a very good sport!

Mary Ann

Shirley and Jackie, I used to cut my own hair with a single edge blade.  This was years ago and it was for a "feather cut".  I've always had my hair in a similar cut because I have cowlicks that won't let me have long hair.  Two years ago, my stylist retired after she had been cutting my hair for over 30 years.  The replacement tries, but we haven't hit on the right cut yet.  I don't help much because I sleep on my left side and my hair on that side loses whatever wave it has and often there is a bunch that stands out like a haystack!  After a shampoo, my hair looks OK for a couple of days, especially Sunday!

Shirley, I think my jar opener is the same as yours only I can't reach it now; age has taken a toll on my height and strength in my right shoulder.  I still give a jar a rap with a dinner knife and if that doesn't work, I wait for Tom to come home!  They aren't the Golden Years, they're the Rust Years!

Mary Ann