Random Image

Shirley 6

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:13:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Follow That Name

Started by Kelly, March 29, 2016, 09:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

Edgar Wallace - author

JaneS

Edgar Allen Poe Author

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

so_P_bubble

David Edgar (playwright)

JaneS

Amy

David Ogden Stiers

American Actor
David Allen Ogden Stiers was an American actor and conductor. Born in Peoria, Illinois, Stiers was primarily raised in Oregon.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

MarsGal

Ogden Nash, poet. I always liked his little poems.

QuoteNow another day is breaking,
Sleep was sweet and so is waking.
Dear Lord, I promised you last night
Never again to sulk or fight.
Such vows are easier to keep
When a child is sound asleep.
Today, O Lord, for your dear sake,
I'll try to keep them when awake.

A thought not just for children, I think.

Amy

John Forbes Nash Jr.

John Forbes Nash Jr. (June 13, 1928 – May 23, 2015) was an American mathematician who made fundamental contributions to game theory, differential geometry, and the study of partial differential equations.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

so_P_bubble

JaneS

so_P_bubble

John Constable, - English landscape painter

Amy

John Ritter

Jonathan Southworth "John" Ritter was an American actor, comedian, and voice-over artist. Ritter was best known for playing Jack Tripper on the hit ABC sitcom Three's Company, for which he won an Emmy and a Golden Globe Award in 1984. He was the son of famous country/western star Tex Ritter,
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Woodward Maurice "Tex" Ritter singer/actor. John's father and one of the "singing cowboys" I liked to watch as a youngster.

Bubble, Constable is one of my favorite landscape artists.

Amy, I only just now found out that Tex was John's father.

so_P_bubble

Maurice Auguste Chevalier - French actor, cabaret singer and entertainer.

JaneS

Maurice Gibb one of the "Gs" of the singing group "The BeeGees"

Amy

Maurice Richard.

Joseph Henri Maurice "Rocket" Richard PC CC OQ (/rɪˈʃɑːrd/; French: [ʁiʃaʁ]; August 4, 1921 – May 27, 2000) was a Canadian professional ice hockey player who played 18 seasons in the National Hockey League (NHL) for the Montreal Canadiens. He was the first player in NHL history to score 50 goals in one season, accomplishing the feat in 50 games in 1944–45, and the first to reach 500 career goals. Richard retired in 1960 as the league's all-time leader in goals with 544.
Jimmy Dean

so_P_bubble

Maurice Ravel - composer

MarsGal

Maurice Auguste Chevalier, actor/singer/dancer

so_P_bubble

Maurice Marsac, a French character actor who often played haughty waiters 

MarsGal

Maurice Hugh Frederick Wilkins, he, along with Watson and Crick, won the 1962 Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine for their work on the molecular structure of DNA. Watson and Crick seem to have gotten most of the publicity, but Wilkins previous and ongoing research inspired, refined and corrected their work.

JaneS

Frederick "Fred" Martin MacMurray,  well known American actor.

so_P_bubble

Martin Gray -
NON-FICTION AUTHOR

A Holocaust survivor and nonfiction writer, he became known for his bestselling memoir, For Those I Loved.
His first memoir was written not only in response to his experience of the Holocaust, but also as a means of coping with the deaths of his first wife and children in a 1970 blaze.

JaneS

Joel Grey Broadway singer, actor, dancer. Best remembered for his role in the play and the film...CABARET!

MarsGal

Joel Shepherd, Australian science fiction writer. In fact, I am in the process of rereading the first book of his Spiral Wars series, Renegade.

Amy

Billy Joel
William Martin Joel is an American singer-songwriter, composer and pianist. Commonly nicknamed the "Piano Man", he has been making music since the 1960s,
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Joel David Moore, actor/director. You may recognize him from his recurring role in the TV show, Bones or from Avatar

so_P_bubble

David Boyd, Special Rapporteur on Human Rights & The Environment

Amy

William Lawrence Boyd

American Film Actor
William Lawrence Boyd was an American film actor who is best known for portraying the cowboy hero Hopalong Cassidy
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

I couldn't resist this one:

Eliza Stewart Boyd was the first woman in the US to be selected for jury duty. Pennsylvania born, she graduated from Washington Female Seminary and taught school here in PA before moving west to Laramie, Wyoming where she became the first teacher in the Laramie public school which opened in 1869. Among her other accomplishments, in 1870 she helped found the Wyoming Literary and Library Association.

Amy

Donald Ogden Stewart

Dec. at 86 (1894-1980)
Donald Ogden Stewart was an American author and screenwriter.
Jimmy Dean

MarsGal

Frederic Ogden Nash, poet.