Random Image

lazy cat

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

Do you know what? my daughters almost first words were, to come to her, she was crying, begging ( mom please come home ) and really needed me, as much as I felt I really needed her... not I wish I could come to you - be with you...I think she may have needed me for another reason...She wasn't taking it in all the things I have to do...Vivienne maybe my daughter and have past pent up problems over me which are stemming back years but, as I have mentioned, it is all about her...
Now there are a good 130 plus miles separating us, and 4 motorways, which includes Heathrow Airport.....not that it makes any difference as neither of us drive...
" There is no present like the time "

Joy

Just stopping  by  to check  on everybody.

Jackie,   I am so  glad that you are getting some relief from  the phone calls.  It does sound like  things are beginning  to  calm down a little bit.  And,  you seem to be accepting things  better now.  So happy  that your grandson  will  be  coming for the funeral.

Larry,  sorry that  you  are not feeling  any better.

They are putting out tornado watches for  some counties close by me.   So, I better get off of here and pay attention to the TV.

Have a good rest of the evening.

Joy
BIG BOX

Denver

Way past my bed time....so this will be short! 

We kept busy today, and the day really went by quickly.  BTW, a belated GOOD Friday or Passover which ever applies.  It sure was a beautiful day here. 

Michele was not good again today.....Bless her heart.  She is just so out of it with O energy and has not had one good day this week.  We feel so bad for her.  We hope tomorrow WILL be better and especially that Easter Sunday will be. 

Our TV  news is non stop with the memories of the Columbine School Massacre!  Tomorrow is the 20th anniversary.  Today there were two reports of guns at one middle and one high school🤬. So sad.

MARYANN, happy to read you will be going to the twins home for Easter.....that w8ll be nice for all of you to be together. 

JACKIE, I have read all of your ups and downs today and I just want you to know that I continue to hold good positive thoughts and prayers for you.  I am so excited at the thought of you getting to meet your grandson and the great grandson.  Your Vivienne sounds like she does need you, and I know you sure do need her, so I too, hope and pray that this might all work out in the near future.  Love and hugs to you💞

Tomorrow is 4/20..... not a good day in Denver.....all the participants gather in one of our parks downtown and illegally SMOKE POT in our public park.  They leave huge messes and traffic is all messed up....not something we like one bit🤬🤬

JOY, take care....I sure hope the tornadoes will stay away, as they have already caused so much damage. 
I must say goodnight......💤 are needed right now. 

Pleasant dreams to all,

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Richard has gone,the car has gone, neighbour soon collecting Toby to take to Lady for a test run to see how he gets on with her dog, so its all down to Toby to be on his best behaviour, will be overnight if all goes well otherwise he will be sent back, so I have his food and bowl ready... soon I will have nothing left...Life has been good for so long, I was well looked after, I always knew it couldn't-wouldn't last forever, it had to come to and end..
I have my elderly friend Pam coming to my home to see me anytime from 10.am someone else is picking her up 10am bringing her here, I think the other person is from my "disabled Society.." it maybe the lovely elderly chairman who I briefly know.....

Vanilla-Jackie

I'm off again crying, I have lost Richard, the car, and in the process of losing Toby, ( he is off for his test run, ) even though we dont have the bond that Richard had with him, what else is going to be taken away from me, what else am I going to lose?..I am just thankful the will states that I keep the home, even my neighbour said it depends how the will is worded but when I showed him it, read it, he said that it is straightforwards, I keep the home, I dont need to worry about this, the home will be mine...

If there is any positive to come out of this, we are in such a beutiful  and stunning location, half countryside half beach a few miles away, at least grandson and his lady partner and my great grandson Charlie can come down to stay for a holiday, I will have a spare bedroom, of course I shall go into Richards, they can have mine...so maybe something good is coming out from the bad...

I am still awaiting a photo of Charlie, he sent something via ipad, but nothing alive to click on nor open, I sent an email back to him telling him this, and so far I have heard nothing from him...I am wanting to show him off in here...

Edited to add, when I first spoke with my grandson, I know he needs answers-closure as to " why he was placed into care, foster home " taken away from his mom, my daughter when he was younger? he is a grown man now, I can answer his questions...

so_P_bubble

Vanilla-Jackie

Just had a wonderful visit from the chairman and Pam from the ( Disabled Society ) they even brought a large chocolate and cream rolly polly roll cake over for me to keep, they both had a slice, i never but they left me the rest for whenever..We sat at the kitchen table by the large window looking out onto the parkhome..the sun was shining...
They have made arrangements for someone who attends our club to come to collect me so I can continue to keep attending their every second Monday evening bingo session...I told them I want to get through the registering Richards death and the funeral first...so it will be after..
We sat at the table for quite some time drinking tea, the sun was shining through, and Keith talked about his troubled family as I talked about mine, well we have something in common...

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We had a very stormy day yesterday with tornado watches and warning and a significant amount of rain that occurred several times. However, we were spared any high winds and I have not heard of any tornadoes hitting around our area.  Today is also suppose to be cloudy and cooler but only a very small chance of rain.  After spending 20 or the 24 hours yesterday in bed I do feel somewhat better this morning and think I will be able to get a few things taken care of.  Yesterday morning my blood pressure bottom number was 46 but is up to 55 this morning, not high enough to take the diuretic but must better than yesterday. We will be having a quiet day here at home.

I have read all of the postings but will once again take a pass on making individual comments to everyone.

Mary Ann

Hi Larry, I'm happy you did not have a tornado to add to your health issues. 

Bubble, I could identify all of the "eggs" except one (at the top) and I hope it wasn't someone here who I should be able to identify.  Even though I've been here a long time, there are those in the picture who have been - or were - here much before.

I varied my usual routine online this morning and went to Marine City.  Between 9:15 am and 10:30 am three ships went by. 

My hair is drying and Tom has gone to the store for Easter ingredients for us to take to Holland tomorrow.

The sun is shining and it looks like the start of a beautiful day.  I certainly hope it continues into tomorrow.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

Bubble, it just came to me - the one I could not identify is Gloria Z. 

I didn't name the rest and I'll let someone else do it, but I do know who they are!

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Good morning to everyone:

Jackie - looks like things are still unsettled, as far as your daughter is concerned, but I'm hoping that your relationship will improve in the future, when you have a chance to see each other again.  I hope she understands that you cannot come to where she is, at this time. You must concentrate on Richard's funeral now, and all the things that it entails.  I'm glad that Pam, has become a helpful friend, and that the funeral director is taking care of so many details.  I hope that the woman who is interested in Toby, will turn out to be just perfect for him?   

Jenny/Denver - So sorry that Michele had such a bad day yesterday.  From what I know about chemotherapy, there will be more bad days ahead. Chemo is a chemical poison, designed to kill those ugly, relentless cancer cells! I am praying that it works for Michele.   

The 4/20 marijuana smoking celebration, is going on all over California today as well.  There are 20,000 people expected to participate at Golden Gate Park, in San Francisco, as well as large parks in San Jose, and all the big cities in California.  Things have certainly changed in our world, haven't they?!  :o    We also have had a lot of news stories about the anniversary of the Columbine shooting.  It was the first/the beginning, of the  school shootings that have spread across the country.  So extremely sad and pointless, with no end in sight.

Mary Ann - Sounds like a nice Easter Day ahead for you, at Holland.  It will be especially fun to see Eleanor and Johanna, with their Easter baskets, and   maybe an egg hunt? I know you'll enjoy your holiday, and all the good food!

I'm going to try to post a picture here in B&T, taken on Easter morning, 1940, of my mother, my brother and me.  We're all dressed up in our finery! I've had bad luck posting photos here, but I'll give it another try this afternoon.

angelface555

Good morning from the Interior where we have had a trio of rough days, (For us!); in that while still in the fifties during the day, it has dipped at night with storms of rain and snow. Each day melts to each night's new dump. Hopefully, it ends this weekend.

Farrah continues to be affectionate and outgoing which I conclude is due not only to her dental issues but also age and relaxing of her previous guards. She continues to have periods of growth interspersed with periods of fitting it all together but isn't that true of all of us? She is now very vocal and at times, demandingly so!

After watching the ship cams via YouTube and thanks to MarsGal, Scandinavian, I've discovered an entirely new interest. Via Youtube, I have been all over this world by plane, railcar, ferry and even two trips, one East, and one West with the Queen Mary2.

I was envious of some of the luxuries of first class and business class European planes. Think of hot towels, private showers, and catered cabin meals with your personal porter in flight besides the in private airport lounges!

FlaJean

I wrote something yesterday but got distracted and never did post it.  Today Passover and tomorrow Easter.  The day is beautiful here.

Jackie, I'm glad you are hearing from some of your neighbors.  Still sending good thoughts your way.

Marilyne, we live in a small town and we never have any sort of marches, etc.

Everyone enjoy your day.  Daughter is contacting me must go for now.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, it will be interesting to see you, your mother and brother from 1940.  That was a long time ago; I graduated from high school in 1941, 78 years ago in June!  Wow!  I know I have a picture of Norm's first wife, her mother and me but I don't remember what year; it would have been in the 1950s.  We all wore dresses and who wears dresses today?  I won't, I know that.  I haven't heard of any remembrances of Columbine here, nor anything about the pot activities, however, if I read something online about here, I may find something. 

The Edwin H Gott just went through the Soo, headed east.  It's raining in Marine City.  The ships will travel in rain, but they're not too easy to see.  I saw three ships there within an hour this morning.

I have golf on now.

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Good afternoon, raining, but warm

Jackie, all I can say is take each day at a time.

Mary Ann, sounds like you will have a nice Easter. You are so lucky to have Tom. as I said before keith is in NC taking care of his father. I am alone at night till Linda gets here next week.

Jenny prays to ypu and your whole family

Amy and Jane I like to read about all your cooking.

Larry take care

Everyone big hugs

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...
...well the lady hasnt returned Toby yet today so he must be doing something right, think he has impressed her and her dog, she is not going to return him now it is 10.30 pm..My today has been a day of fabulous company...

FlaJean

Jackie, I am so glad to hear that you had a good day.  You deserve it.  We are thinking of you and sending out good positive thoughts.

Vanilla-Jackie

Lost 12 lbs of weight now...Woke up crying, and talking to Richard, not even the dog to go give a morning cuddle to...Keep checking my emails, so far nothing from Daniel my grandson, I even emailed directions as to how to get to me, no response as yet...I still haven't received a photo of Charlie my great grandson, I asked him to email photos, maybe he doesn't know how to but if he doesn't he certainly has not responded in telling me so, he could post them......I just hope he isn't going to let me down, I have just about had it with people saying one thing and not meaning it, letting me down, that is one thing I cant take...I am hoping it is just because it is the Easter holidays...Now I am awaiting to see if the lady who has Toby overnight will phone me today,( I was given her and her hubbys names and phone number ) I do understand she will want to come see me, talk with me as I want to see and talk with her before I part with Toby, I too need to be sure of who I am giving Toby to...

I spent late last night going through the documents necessary, and writing down the number ready for taking to the registrars office to register Richards death...although they might want to see the actual document...

Oh and it was like a miracle out of nowhere, I have been for days hunting for Richards driving licence driving myself crazy, even spent  wasted money on telephone calls that got me nowhere, ( absolutely dread when the phone bill arrives ) and there it was on the stool in front of me with other papers right under my nose, ( I had been through that pile so many times ) I was ecstatic and crying thank you, thank you, thank you...this happened after Nigel's wife ( stand in dog walker, they got some shopping for me yesterday, ) who popped in and we talked for some hours had left, we even talked of our belief in the spiritual world, she told me to ask Richard to guide me to them...

Well if God is doing this to test me, i just hope i past his test...i never ever want to find myself in this position again...

Joy

Good morning.  A very Happy Easter to all the friends here this morning.

I hope everyone will have a nice, pleasant day.   Enjoy doing something special with family or friends.  Just make it a good day.  

I was hoping that since Easter is so late this year that it would be a bit warmer, but nothing we can do about the weather.

Just enjoy whatever comes along. 

Jackie, I am happy that you found Richard's license.  I know how frustrating something like that can be.   You look and look for something and then find it right under your nose.  I am sure your grandson will be in touch.  Just keep your hopes high !!!

I need to get some breakfast.  I am not going out until around 2, so I won't be too rushed to get ready. 

I will try to get back later when I get back home.   Enjoy the day !!!

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone and HAPPY EASTER.  We have a beautiful Easter morning here but it is a bit cool and we will only see about 70 degrees later today.  Scott and the girls will be here for an early Easter meal with us as Scott has to be at work at 2 pm so will need to leave here around 1 pm.  I am sure the girls will also leave about the same time.  Scott is going to fix the green bean casserole  and the scalloped potatoes, the ham is pre-sliced and Pat will get it arrayed on the plate.  One of the girls will make the ambrosia salad.  After dinner will be time to rest for awhile and then plan on watching the end of the golf tournament, which is being hold at Hilton Head, SC this week. 

After the rather miserable day on Friday that I spend mainly in bed, yesterday was a great day and I felt much better.  I am hopeful today will be about the same but can already tell it won't be a repeat of yesterday as not quite a peppy this morning. I always dread that time of the year when it is time to renew the Dish contract (every two years) and also see about getting a new promotional rate from Comcast.  I tackled both yesterday with very satisfactory results.  The Dish contract for the next two years gives me the same TV package and they are going to upgrade the Hopper where we will be able to record 500 hours of programming and up to 16 programs at the same time (I can't image why anyone would do that.)  The good news was by agreeing to have a paperless billing and automatic payment my bill will actually be about $4 less a month than I have paid the last two years.  Then the icing on the cake was when I later talked with Comcast I was able to get a promotional plan with the same Internet speed as I have had (25 megs) which is more than sufficient for us they gave me a new rate that saves me $20 a month from what I had paid the last year.  So I was a happy camper and was glad to have those chores out of the way.  I was also able to clear off my desk, which I had let pile up as hadn't felt like tending to it.

Jackie, I left you a long posting in Christian Photographers.  Based on my own life experience I no longer have expectations (just hopes) that something is going to happen or people will do what they say.  That way when they don't I don't end up with resentments. 

Marilyne, what a thing to celebrate like the marijuana smoking celebration.  I fear this will soon become the norm all over the country as the old "nose in the tent" takes over.  I do agree with the medical usage and don't think putting people in jail is the way to deal with the problems we now have in many places.  I remember that Easter was the time we first got to wear any new spring clothes we had to Church. 

Patricia, it sounds like Farrah doesn't have you completely trained yet if she has to get very vocal at times.  I hope your weather improves soon.

Jean, isn't living in a small town nice.  Occasionally there are some protest marches of various kinds over in Augusta but not in North Augusta. 

Mary Ann, you graduated from High School the year I was born.  Pat doesn't even own any dresses other than three sort of house dresses that she would never wear out. 

Lindancer, a big hug for you today and hope you have a nice Easter dinner.  I know you are counting the days until Linda gets there.

Jackie, it sounds like Toby must be getting along well with the other dog and hopefully that will be a good home for Toby. Company does help us bear our burdens. 

Joy, I hope you have a wonderful day with your family today.  Our kids arrived here a little bit ago and are getting things fixed that need to go into the oven.

Marilyne

Wishing you all a lovely Easter Day!  It's bright and sunny here this morning, with a cool wind blowing.  It's only 8:30 right now, so I'm hoping it warms up this afternoon.

Joy - I know you'll have a nice time with family today. Good that you live close enough to see them all for holidays.

Mary Ann - enjoy those two little gals, and make sure Tom takes some pictures!

Jean - the weather sounds perfect in Niceville!  Have a wonderful day!

Gloria De - I'm looking forward to hearing that your dil has arrived, and you have someone there with you for a while?  You are doing well by yourself, but it's better to have family there, if possible. 

Patricia - Let us know how Spring is progressing in Fairbanks? 

Larry - Hoping that you will enjoy Easter Sunday, with Scott, Pat, and the girls.  I just now saw your post, and am happy to say that you sound much better this morning! 

Jackie - I will be thinking about you today, and praying that you will have a peaceful and calm Easter day, and that everything will go well for you..  I'm hoping that Toby, takes to the neighbor lady, and shows that that he likes her, and she likes him.

Mary Ann

A Happy Easter to everyone.  Dot and I went to church as usual, accompanied by her DIL who came up from Tennessee with her husband, Dot's son.  We did not go to Mr Burger because of our own activities, but I think they are closed today anyway.  They usually close for important holidays.  Nice for their employees.

Tom went to his church and was home when I got home.  He is going to fix the green bean casserole and he has fixed Easter things for the girls from both of us.  I know there is candy and some stuffed animals.  The containers are pails.  None of us needs candy - but it's Easter.  It reminds me of our Easters when Norm and I were young - my folks hid the eggs in the living and dining rooms.  I don't recall that we had colored hen's eggs, but we did have eggs of different sizes and colors.  We had no family near so Easter was a family affair for us.  I also remember wearing a hat to church one Easter and I was one of four women wearing a hat and the other three were considerably older and that was the last time I wore a hat in church !!!

Larry, it was so good to read such a long message from you this morning.  I'm happy that yesterday turned out to be a good one for you and I hope today is more of the same.  You will have a good day with your family there, too.  No wonder you had such a nice day yesterday after getting such nice treatment from Dish and Comcast. 

Marilyn, I hate to tell you that I watched "Paul" come into Duluth before I had to leave for church this morning.  There were about 70 people watching him come in.  I think our weather will be good too, the sun is shining and the temperature is about 60 degrees.

Jackie, things will turn out OK even when you don't expect them to.  As we've said so many times, take things one day at a time.  Younger people don't realize that we older people take things at their words and we don't usually have a lot to occupy our minds where the younger people are busy every moment.  We're here for you, even if we are an ocean apart.

Mary Ann

angelface555

After three days of awakening to snowy sleet and fog, I was cautiously hopeful that we were back on track, then I saw this bleak outlook!

"Weather Updated: Apr 20 7:41PM
Issued by the National Weather Service
For Middle Tanana Valley, Alaska
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT UNTIL 4PM AKDT SUN ...HEAVY SNOW FOR INTERIOR ALASKA... SNOWFALL TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY WILL BRING UP TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW TO THE CENTRAL AND EASTERN INTERIOR. A STRONG STORM MOVING NORTH OUT OF THE PACIFIC WILL BRING HEAVY SNOW TO THE AREA STARTING LATE MONDAY NIGHT WITH SNOW CONTINUING INTO WEDNESDAY BEFORE TAPERING OFF. AROUND FAIRBANKS SNOWFALL WILL BE IN THE 2 TO 5 INCH RANGE WITH THE HEAVIEST SNOW IN THE UPPER CHENA RIVER BASIN. HEAVY SNOW WILL IMPACT TRAVEL ACROSS THE AREA WITH UP TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW ALONG THE PARKS, RICHARDSON, DALTON, STEESE, AND ELLIOTT HIGHWAYS, AND UP TO 10 INCHES OF SNOW ALONG THE TAYLOR HIGHWAY. EXPECT DIFFICULT TRAVEL FROM LATE MONDAY INTO THURSDAY BEFORE CONDITIONS IMPROVE. FOR THE LATEST WARNING, ADVISORIES, AND FORECAST FOR INTERIOR ALASKA GO TO WWW.WEATHER.GOV/FAIRBANKS."

Denver

🐣🥕A BLESSED HAPPY EASTER 🐥🥕

We are enjoying a beautiful morning.....so very thankful and blessed on this  Easter Day🙏

Rain is predicted to start early this afternoon. So the weather guessers we're saying to get your outside fun done early in the day.  Right now it does not look even threating at all❣️

MARYANN, I am smiling as I think about you and Tom being with the girls today.  Enjoy it all and safe travel to and back.

JACKIE, sadly, many times we are told that someone will do something and they do not.  I hope and pray that Daniel will not disappoint you.....  It seems that Toby did well at the lady's home....I hope you have heard from her by now.  SO SO happy you have found Richards license. 💞💞

LARRY, how exciting that you were able to renew your contracts and even saved some money.  These days that never happens!  Happy for you.

Oh no. PATRICIA....that is a bleak out look weather wise for your area.  I am sorry as by this time of the year we can not wish enough for some sunshine and signs that winter is truly over💞💞
I am off to cut up my potatoes, and everything for our potato salad today. 

Son Dave just called and Michele really wants us to share dinner with them today, so OF COURSE we are going to go.  I wanted to fix a Easter Meal for them, but Dave would not hear of it....he never wants me to have to do things and he is so appreciative of any thing we do help out with. I have to admit this phone call made my day.

Enjoy your Easter Day, EVERYONE🐣🐥🥕🌷🌷

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

angelface555

Interested in a thirty-five million dollar luxury NYC penthouse apartment where the kitchen alone is worth two hundred and fifty thousand? It also has a small extra balcony that you would never get me on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We6pGX2XLJo

Sandy

Phew ....

Just looking at the Youtube sales
presentation of that appartment, makes my
stomach turn....  I wouldn't live there or visit there, nor will I look at that presentation,
again !!  :uglystupid2:  :crazy2:  :knuppel2:

I live one floor up from street level... and that is high enough for me !!!
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Marilyne

My reaction is the same as Sandy's!  Just the thought of standing on that little balcony, much less looking over the railing, makes my legs feel weak and tingly, and a weird queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. :yikes:  Second story is as high as I could ever tolerate, in an apartment.

Patricia - I guess I found out how "Spring is progressing in Fairbanks"?  It isn't!  LOL! 

Jenny - Happy Easter to you too!  I know you'll have a nice day with Dave and Michele and the kids.  I hope Michele is feeling better today. 

angelface555

I agree about the Juliet balcony and even venturing close to the edge of the thousand-foot terrace wouldn't work for me!

As to Spring, it was going great guns before nature threw its curveball!

I've lived from fourth to the sixth floor with balconies which is fine, but I don't know about higher balconies...

Lindancer

Patricia, I guess the word is awesome,but would not be for me if I could afford it. I am just happy with my cozy little mobile. with little rooms no big great room either. I like my kitchen separate, so you do not see my dishes in the sink :2funny:

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

Although I'd like larger than I have (less than 900 sq ft), I would not like such a large apartment, view or not.  Of course, I always look at things through my own eyes, so for one person, I would not find that apartment practical.  To me, it isn't even lovely since it is not my taste.  I might try the small balcony once, but I'd love the terrace.  It's a good thing I don't have enough money anyway.

We had a great time with James and family.  Alicia's parents were there too from Milwaukee, so there were six adults and the two girls  The girls are so good and very entertaining.  I thought I heard Jo say "Aunt Mary Ann" but that is still a mouthful for them.  At two and almost three months, they are talking and can name things.  Tom bought a couple of pails and put some Easter 'grass" in them, along with some eggs and stuffed bunnies.  Both loved them and carried them around.  I know Tom bought some Play Doh but someone also gave them bottles of bubble mix to blow bubbles with.  They had fun with those.  I'm surprised that I was not tired when we left. 

James had loaned Annie his car to take for Easter with their mother so he came back with us to get his car.  We had to wait a few minutes for Annie and she went in the house and brought Belvadere, a pit bull, with her.  Belvadere is a  nice dog, very friendly and was glad to see everyone.  I wouldn't want a pit bull for a pet, but this dog is very nice and I am not afraid of her.

Patricia, I'm sorry you are getting so much snow.  Our day today was beautiful and in the 70s.

Jenny, I hope you had a good Easter with Dave's family.  I know they appreciate the help you have given them and the help you will be giving them. 

Tom has a busy day tomorrow, helping a friend who is making some bad decisions.  He will teach later in the week.  he's already gone to bed to rest up.

Dot will be busy Tuesday and Thursday but one day we will eat out.  I am sure Mr Burger was closed today, but neither of us could make it anyway.  Dot's son and DIL have moved from Chicago to Tennessee so it takes longer to get here.  I imagine after dinner they left for home. 

I saw a couple ships at Marine City but I could not identify either of them.  Both were headed south toward Lake St Clair.  It was hazy in that area.

Mary Ann