Random Image

Theatre

Owner: Kelly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:04:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

Mary...understand the channel boat trip being cancelled...cold, wet and rainy here!  We're doing chores and reading and watching basketball.

Tonight is pizza...frozen one we add to...and the crust is cauliflower!  Sounds yucky, I know, but it's GOOD...makes a nice crisp crust...sure hope I can find them at home.  (One brand is called Caulipower and was in freezer by the gluten-free stuff.)

Last load of laundry is in and Ray's cutting up stuff for guacamole. 

Michael, the Webmaster here has posted this....so FYI:

Another update for everyone... A new version of the forum system has recently been released which fixes quite a few bugs and such, so I will be upgrading the site again in the next week or so. The changes won't be nearly as drastic this time around and there shouldn't be too much of a disruption. I'll post again when I have a better idea of when the upgrade will take place.

SharonE

Mary, your score wasn't too bad, but John always wants 50% or more, but that doesn't mean he always gets it!  Cooler and partly sunny here today.

Jane, I've tried the cauliflower crust pizzas. They're pretty good. I always doctor ours up too. I usually start with a mushroom/veggie pizza and then add pepperoni to John's half and more mushrooms to mine + spices.  Not as good as pizza out, but a lot better for you.

Sue must still be having wi-fi problems. I can't believe such poor service in a college town!

I've cleaned off my desk and found some stuff I was looking for and made a couple phone calls, but nothing of great importance.  I think I finally have all of John's things taken care of.  He is so helpless.  Steak tonight.  Sharon

maryz

I'd like to have  50% each time, too, Sharon.   ;D  Mostly I'm happy to be in the 40s.
 When does he leave?  Return?

jane, hope your down day was a good one.  Very quiet around here, but it has gone back to February weather.  It was nice to see some sunshine.

Let's hear from some of you other gals - even if it's just to say you're okay and not doing anything.   :smitten:
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

I am going out of my mind trying to fix my computers. Ever since I got the new W10 desktop and had everything for the old one transfered over to it nothing works. I use Comcast and my desktops all tied into a couple of Passwords. My Desktop, Ipad, Amazon Fire and another tablet I dont use to often. Just for books. All come up saying wrong Password . Even would not let me in my Seniorsandfriends today. I am working to try and now get them all using the same User Name and Password. So far taken 4 days trying. Need to give all a rest until I fix.
This bad weather not helping me at all. That and my car still not running. Hope spring gets here soon before I take a hammer to everything
One thing I have notice also on S and F for past month or so. My picture has vanished. It was when last changes made to S and F. Can't figure that out.
JeanneP

alpiner1

Hello from colder than usual southern California !   Its been raining of & on for a week . There is one spot on the freeway where there is a 5ft . long pot hole , I need to be more careful & not drive through it . At night its been close to the 30's & day time 45 .

Marilyn

Good Morning, I may not have been posting much but I have been here to read what all y'all have to say. It has been cold here as well. Snowed and hailed some too.

Furry friends is starting the school program early this year so Freckles and I have early classes  tomorrow. If there is snow and ice on the road I am not going to do any driving. Keith also has a CT scan tomorrow afternoon to see if there are any abscesses left in his abdomen.

Keith middle son and his wife (Kyle and April)are having another child in late May, Benjamin Edward, so I am crocheting another afghan this time in light teal. So far I have done about 8 inches on a 36 inch blanket. I better get busy huh?

jane

Happy Afghan making, Marilyn!  Glad K is getting better.

Alpiner...I think we're all having cooler than usual weather.  I know Jeanne and the Midwest are really getting beaten down with snow and very cold temps.

I hope Sue can get back in soon.  I assume she's having computer problems.

Another cool day here, though the rain seems to have stopped.  It literally rained all day yesterday.  My joints continue to be very unhappy, so it's going to be a quiet day here again.

Have a Blessed Sunday.

jane

SharonE

Hi Gals, sounds like everything is pretty quiet for everyone.

Mary, John leaves Feb 21 and returns Mar 5.

Marilyn, glad K is better & hope the scan is good.  Get knitting while he's being checked!

Jane, we've been a little overcast and chilly (40's) here, so I'm not happy either.

We had a big church celebration with an all church lunch after the 11:00 service to celebrate the burning of the mortgage. Nothing the church owns now has a mortgage, including the relatively new parsonage.  Now we need to raise money to do some major repairs. Good to know everything is paid off for now.  We also got a grant to put cameras in the sanctuary to stream services to the homebound or vacationers.  Neat!  The dinner wasn't great but we had nice seatmates.  All for now.  Sharon

Shirley

Had a few extra minutes tonight so thought I'd check in on you "girls". Trying to think how many years ago that you passed through Wichita, Mary?.... I know it was before Cas died & that will be 6 years in July. So much going on with all of us, kids & grands grown up & now the great grands. I am still at "home", most of my friends have moved to condos or senior housing complexes.  If I didn't have these feral cats I do believe I'd find a nice place to park my body. Can't move a feral and I don't have the heart to have them put to sleep. So this is my life.... & just seeing if I can catch up with yours, think I recognize everyone here. Hi from Shirley in Kansas! I did nod my head & gulp at those sore ribs... Great to see y'all.

maryz

Hi Shirley - always good to know you're still out there.  Gee, it has been a long time since we came through Wichita.  I'm trying to remember which trip it was, but I'm pretty sure it was in the 90s.  Lots of events since then - although I don't have any great-grands yet.  Two more of my grands getting married this spring. 
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

So tired of this nasty weather. Got almost 2 more  inch  of now. Never been bothered with joints hurting other than where  I tore  joint in one thumb .but now seems  few more have started. Has to be the weather. Ido take  BP med. I know can't take ibrophin . What should I use to see  if helps? Not fond of prescriptions.
JeanneP

maryz

Jeanne, you could try Extra-Strength acetominophen (Tylenol or generic).  I get some relief from that (although I do take a prescription NSAID, too).

Also, Jeanne, you've said you're having trouble with Xfinity.  I had some trouble getting online with my laptop the other day, and I use Comcast/Xfinity for my provider.  I finally called them, and after getting through all  their recordings, I finally talked with a delightful young man (from somewhere in the US) who totally fixed my problem in less than 30 minutes.  I was very pleased with my service.  You could give them a try with a phone call.

SharonE

Jeanne, I was going to suggest EX Strength Tylenol or acetaminophen as well. Mary had a good suggestion for your provider.

I had 2 dr's appts today. The urology was fine and I got the Rx's I needed + some sammples. In and out quick.

Then I had my eye appt at 1:40. Whole other story. We left at 1:00 and didn't get home till 4:30!  However, my vision problems weren't my imagination. He said that I needed a capsulectomy or Yag laser. It's apparently very simple and I have one Mar. 6 and the 2nd the 20th.  I hope to heavens it works. He seemed to understand and was sure that was the answer.  Pray that he's right. I have hardly been able to read.  He also said I was using too strong of cheaters and should try the #1.00 if I can find them. It seems opposite, but nothing else has worked. I am so tired after all the driving and waiting and testing.  John took me to my eye appt because they were going to dilate my eyes. He had to cancel a bridge partner because of it, but my eyes were more important.

I take Bunny to meet her sitter on Wednesday and then right afterwards to the groomer. She's not going to be happy with me.

I do wish Sue could get her computer access working again.

Hi Shirley, long time no see.  Glad you're still kicking. Too bad about the cats keeping you out of a retirement center.  Sharon

maryz

Sharon, the laser procedure I had was certainly an easy one.  I don't think it was quite what you're having, but I hope all goes well for you.

alpiner1

About 2 weeks ago I stubbed my right big toe & last week it got sore .   My husband Norm had a dr.'s appt. this morning so I went along & the dr. checked out my big toe . He sent me to have x rays , we will know the results in a few days when the dr.'s office calls .

jane

.    Alpiner...ouch for poor toe!

Shirley...good to see you here.  I think of you everytime we go by Wichita.

Sharon....good news that your eyes can be "fixed."

Mary...I do miss playing bridge, but it's not in the cards this year.

Jeanne...more nasty weather coming your way...be careful.

I hope Tim can help Sue get her internet up and running.  At least, I hope that's why we haven't heard from her and she doesn't have the "grunge" that's going around.

Ray's visit to local ARNP led to more blood work to check his A1c and ARNP, Robert, wants to see another X-ray of lungs since the one a week ago when he broke the ribs.  Sooo, back to Harlingen tomorrow. 

Jane

JeanneP

I did call Comcast today. Got someone in Singapore. Was a long call. It is about a service call that is on my invoice for 60.00. I thought it was for when they came out in Jan. Could not do what i Needed on this new computer.  But they say it was for December. I didn't even call in December as I was gone the day after they say was here. Fact was getting ready to go to Missouri to pick up this new computer. Told them I needed a copy of report on what they did.  Report also shows wrong tel. phone for whoever. Was not mine. So they doing some research.
They do pretty good on phone( usually out of US) but not if it is a computer problem. Will see what happens.
This new keyboard on Desktop sure feels funny typing still. Wish I could put the old one back on but it is not wireless and no idea where to plug the old one in. Amazing how the new computers do not have all the same connections in the back
Daughter in Texas sent me the W10 book for seniors. Fact got 2 now as the first one from Amazon was put on the wrong porch and I did not receive in the usual 3 hours. She called Amazon and they sent another one. Later the person up the street got home and saw the first one on his porch.
JeanneP

maryz

jane, I didn't get to play bridge this evening after all.  We've been in a heavy fog all day long - most unusual.  My partner lives on Signal Mountain up above me - about 300 ft more in elevation.  She called and said she literally couldn't see across the street at her house because of the thick fog.  She didn't need (or want) to be trying to drive in that pea soup, so we stayed home.  Oh, well...

Marilyn

Good morning, today is my day to work in the Hospice office for 2 hours on  the project they gave me to do. I am just doing some data input of letters and card they have received from family member of the patients they have help to pass. Hospice does an amazing job  and has some awesome  team members to help the patient and the family before and after  the  passing.

Yesterday Freckles and I along with 2 more teams,   went to one of the schools to teach K-2 kids about responsibility and safety.

Well I need to get Keith up to take a shower so I can change his dressing and see how  well his wound is healing. The PT guy will be here around 9:30 to discharge Keith from PT. Keith won't do the exercises at all after the
PT guy tells him to do them every day. Bah Humbug!!! Keith can be so darn stubborn.

SharonE

Marilyn, his refusal to take directions is part of his dementia, unless it was part of his personality before. It's too bad, because PT is SO helpful, even if it is a drag.  Hospice is a wonderful organization. I'm not sure where the nearest office is to us, but I could do some data entry.  Can't do the rest though.  John volunteered with them visiting patients and reading the Bible to them if they wanted. He felt he did a real service, but then that hospice closed. This was in HH and he is too busy with bridge to do it now.

Jane, sorry Ray needs more tests and another road trip. Hope all works well.

Mary, sorry you missed bridge, but fog is a no-no!

Jeanne, I hope you get some help with your computer.  You could call the Geek Squad at Best Buy and have them come out and help you. Of course you have to pay them.  Glad you got out of the other bill.

I slept in this AM and am just really getting going. No big plans. Maybe some writing.  Sharon

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone..I had. Great weekend meeting and spoiling my new great grand daughter...Callie...it was cold and wintry mix...but so glad I got to go...today is warm and sunny...walked this morning...thinking of going for another while weather is nice...hope all are well and happy...spring is not far off..Darlene

jane

It was a long wait at the hospital, but he finally got the xray after a two hour wait.  I'm used to much faster service, so my patience wears thin after an hour.   :-\

We left here at 10:30 in the rain and got back here at 2:45.  Ray thinks he wants to go out for fish tonight, so that's probably what we'll do in a couple hours.  I want him to keep as much weight on as possible and eat whatever appeals to him.

jane

JeanneP

will try again to make it larger see if it works. does look darker
JeanneP

JeanneP

last try for me. this w10 hard. Now this is number 5. Would have been really big on my W7

Sorry, just noticed I am not in the Computer Forum
JeanneP

Shirley

Jeanne, I'm guessing the problem is with the new Seniors & Friends site, in one of the discussions we tried various fonts & sizes to see what worked best for most. Far as I know a 4 size with Arial font, some liked to add Bold but others said it ran words together.... My son had put Windows 10 on my old computer (laptop) so was fairly used to it before getting a new one with 10. Some things I still don't like, but I never like changes~~

Just remembered, a few weeks ago my computers were all giving me fits.... wouldn't connect to the wi-fi. Then I found the old ones connected but not the new HP, that was my provider problem. After my youngest son let it do an update to Windows 10 (or HP?) that took all night, while plugged directly into the modem... older son had done that to make sure it wasn't the computer wi-fi.... next morning after the update I unplugged it from the modem & it has worked fine ever since. I was so frustrated I was ready to cry, don't have a lot of patience with computer stuff. This isn't the computer site so will shut up about that.

Jane, when do you "go past" Wichita?  Let me know & I'll meet you somewhere, that's how I got to meet Mary & John. We laughed the whole time, didn't we, Mary? I also met Bobbi when she came through town.

Ever since Cas died my house has been in chaos, cats rule so I rush to make it presentable when my kids stop by. They give me warning.  ;) With 3 litterboxes around the house, I want to make sure they are clean before opening the door even to the kids. Seriously, they call ahead to make sure I'm home. I don't get out at night, eyes do bother me but also just don't feel safe with nobody at home to miss me not getting back.

Better give the cats their "midnight snack".... Mama Callie is still outside. She has acted strange all day, a little warmer so maybe spring fever. This is her first winter being inside, but she is getting old & I felt sorry for her. She's been using a heated bed in the garage for several winters but isn't totally trust worthy in the house.

My heart goes out to all of you with health issues. I haven't had a real check up for years so am going in this next week for that, day later it's the routine Echo from the Cardio & same week, the yearly eye check up. He tells me I'm ready for cataract surgery & I insist he told me just a couple years ago that it would be "probably 7 before needing". I think his glass prescriptions are off. I'm dreading the appointment but know they are a must. I am the worst patient possible.... no excuses.

maryz

Shirley, don't fret about cataract surgery - it's really an easy fix.  Lots of eyedrops in the first few days, but not really a problem.  The oncoming headlights bother me, so I too have stopped driving in the dark.

jane, sorry you're having to deal with the waiting - it is a pain.  I'm always sure to have a book and sometimes even my knitting. 

After more than an inch of rain yesterday, we've got some nice sunshine today.  And I'm off to my mani/pedi shortly - that always makes it a good day.

jane

Jeanne...go over to the computer discussion...and Jack has shown you screen shots.  You need to change the font size IN THIS DISCUSSION....NOT on your W10 desktop.  Two different things.  You change the font size here by putting in codes...or clicking on the codes.  It does NOT change the font size on your computer....only what shows here when you click POST button.

jane

We went to the Wed. coffee/donut get together and it was nice.  We're to have very nice and warm weather for the next 5 days.  Ray's gone over to the sundeck and I"m finishing up some stuff here.  Then we're going out to see some of the shops we haven't gotten to with all the medical stuff. 

I'm going to look for Tim's info and see if I can see how Sue is.

jane

Marilyn

My post totally disappeared. It was all good news too. Keith gets the pic line out tomorrow and his wound is so tiny The nurse will be totally surprised tomorrow when she comes.

Shirley I talk to Bobbi occasionally, she is in a nursing home and has much difficulty breathing so our conversations are very limited. It is so good to see your posts in  this forum. Are you still having trouble with the your Aorta. I remember you said there was a weak spot there some years ago.

jane

Great news abbout Keith, Marilyn!