Random Image

Patriotic wall hanging

Owner:
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

What's For Dinner? 2016-19 Archived

Started by phyllis, March 29, 2016, 02:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlaJean

Angel, it has been ages since I made macaron and tuna salad.  I use a lot of celery in my cooking.  Both Larry and I like tuna so that gives me another easy meal idea.  Tomorrow I'm making the recipe that JeanneP posted and that will probably last us a couple of days.

angelface555

Jean, I have several email subscriptions to recipe blogs that are like candy! Here is another'

http://www.food.com/recipe/traditional-adobo-pork-in-vinegar-and-soy-sauce-14052

FlaJean

The casserole JeanneP posted was super easy and very good.  We have plenty left for tomorrow.  I made it in my Pyrex so can stick it my toaster oven tomorrow for reheating.

JeanneP

Going to cool down for the next 2 days. Maybe cook a little more than I have been doing. I made some Fajita Mix today. The Butcher is now selling Shaved beef. so much easier than slicing. Started buying the bags of Onion, Red,yellow, grean Peppers from the freezer. All cut up nice size. Instead of using  the Tortillas i just used lettuce leaves I like it that way. Going to try the Chinese Egg roll mix the same way . Cooler for summer  Love Egg rolls . will save frying them.
Lazy day today. Did my DVD Marathon. 6hours of watching the Series 3 of the Affair. Still have 4 more hours to go. May do that tonight

JeanneP

so_P_bubble

We had the macaroni/celery/tuna yesterday and it was de-li-cious!  Thank you.  First time that I have pasta salad...

angelface555

Thanks, Bubble. I have just eaten so much tuna in my life that I have become tired of it as a staple. I do tend to buy commercial mayo that comes with additives such as cracked black pepper, or olive oil or hot sauces so those make tuna a little more palatable to me now. Altho most of the time I use plain homemade yogurt instead of mayo as a binder. It is the same as with peanut butter, grape jelly or chicken noodle soup. I had so much of that as a youngster and as a mother that I simply tired of those foods.

I think most know that I have chemical food allergies that can send me into analeptic shock. I wash all fruits and vegetables before eating with a mixture of two parts apple cider vinegar to one part water. Some use one part vinegar to three parts water but it is personal preference. I recommend this to everyone, especially those with kids or with immune issues. In this day and age, it is vital. I believe that is where my issues came from.

Anyway, this is another way of cleaning your fruit and veggies from a Kentucky farmer's market.

https://www.mom4real.com/homemade-produce-wash-fruits-vegetables/

FlaJean

The title Ice Cream Tacos didn't sound so good but changed my mind when I saw them.  Good idea for a special occasion.

Had the macaroni tuna casserole today.  Both of us enjoyed it.  Good thing since we have enough left for tomorrow.

angelface555

Jean, I made that salad but exchanged canned chicken for the tuna and added yellow sweet peppers. I also thought it was so good and I have enough for at least three more meals!  :)

FlaJean

Angel, that's a good idea about roasting the chicken and vegetables together in a 13x9 baking dish.  Since the roasting time is only 15 or 20 minutes I think you could nuke the potato chunks a minute before roasting?  I'm not much of a cook but I believe potatoes would take longer to roast?  (We do love potatoes).

JeanneP

I always put my potatoes into the MW if I want to roast them. Just cut in half and about 10 min. if big. Put a chicken on top and into the over. Good on these hot days. it is going to still be in the 90s all the coming week.
Now I love potato any ways. If use the frozen french fries a lot now and put them in the MW for few min also before frying . Bread and potatoes I have to have and so can't seem to loose the 10 lbs I need to loose.
JeanneP

angelface555

I do not have sectioned containers as use and reuse frozen food baggies to save freezer space. So my food is not set in order as shown in the recipes. I can't help with a roasting potatoes timetable as it takes only five to six roasting minutes in my Instapot. My Instapot is a terrific time saver, dried beans are set up and ready to use in any recipe in nine minutes for example. I do meal prep twice monthly and my freezer is generally packed. I have a continuous list on my freezer door that I check off when I use something and add to when I make something. As I am the only person here, most recipes are too much at one sitting so I use meal plans and prep as ideas.

I confess I was thinking of Jean when I added this last group of recipes. My new converter microwave is due to be ordered the end of July and should arrive in about five to six days per Amazon.

Cottoncandy

What's a converter microwave?

JeanneP

I have Not heard of a converter MW either. Now is is one where you can also use as a reg oven? meaning it can bake or brown in it.  I have so many gadgets now but still always watching the others as they come in. I never have seen a Instapot either. Will look one up on line.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Jeanne...I haven't seen either one CC

angelface555

"The Microwave Inverter Solution
inverter vs. conventional microwave Panasonic and GE have microwave ovens on the market with something they call “inverter” technology, which aims to solve this problem. The inverter modulates the level of energy being transmitted by the oven to achieve a consistent level. So when you set 50% power, for example, you actually get a steady stream of 50% power for the entire cooking time. The result is more evenly cooked food, defrosting without cooked edges, and even the ability to keep foods warm until mealtime."

https://www.techlicious.com/review/microwave-ovens-with-inverter-technology-really-cook/

angelface555

The Instapot browns, sautes, makes yogurt, makes rice, is a pressure cooker, bread maker, slow cooker, etc.

"Instant Pot is the latest 3rd Generation Programmable Pressure Cooker designed by Canadians with the objectives of being Safe, Convenient and Dependable. It speeds up cooking by 2~6 times using up to 70% less energy, and, above all, produces nutritious healthy food in a convenient and consistent fashion.

If you live a fast-paced, health-oriented and green-conscious life style, Instant Pot is designed specifically for you.

With multiple sensors and a micro-processor,  Instant Pot is an intelligent multi-cooker, capable of completely replacing pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker/porridge maker, sauté/browning pan, steamer, yogurt maker and stockpot warmer. Most importantly, Instant Pot cooks meals faster with less energy while preserving more nutrients."

http://instantpot.com/

angelface555

I got rid of just about everything for these items. I kept one cast iron skillet and one four cup sauce pot. My yogurt maker, rice cooker, bread maker and slow cooker all found new homes.

angelface555

Mary Ann

Patricia, I wondered if the frozen dog treat would work for cats.  Kendrick has had mostly only dry cat food and he likes it.  I gave him a Fancy Feast salmon once and he did not go for that but he's had a couple other things that he ate.  Nothing so interesting as banana, yogurt and peanut butter.

Mary Ann

JaneS

PATRICIA, I'm going to try that treat.  They love chewing on an ice cube, they like yogurt and peanut butter treats are one of their favorites.  Thanks for thinking of us.

In a little while, I'm going to make my bank account a lot lighter.  I have to go pay my taxes.  I truly think I could live pretty well if it weren't for taxes and insurance.

LARRY, I liked your clip.  All those answers could indeed, be God's answers to our questions. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

angelface555

MaryAnn, adult cats are lactose intolerant so I wouldn't advise any yogurt. "Overall, cat's should not eat peanut butter, unless it is being used as a way to give your cat medication. ... If cats ingest too much peanut butter at once, it will result in vomiting and/or diarrhea."

http://www.pawculture.com/pet-wellness/nutrition/can-cats-eat-peanut-butter/

Farrah doesn't care for catnip and she doesn't care for wet food. One treat that's good for cats and I think Kendrick might enjoy it is cat grass or cat mint. You can buy it online or at pet stores, variety stores or grocery store's pet department and it is good for your cat.

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/cat-health-what-plants-can-cats-eat-catnip

angelface555

You're welcome, Jane. I emptied my bank account last week... :'(

Mary Ann

Thanks, Patricia, I noticed a picture of Kendrick eating the catnip in the article!

I have never given Kendrick anything except the dry food, never any people food. 

Last winter, I kept a couple of plants inside, but neglected them and they both died.  In the Spring, I put them on the deck, hoping Mother Nature's rain would bring them back, but no luck.  Grass grew in both pots and Kendrick eats the grass.  I think it is OK for him because no preservatives or pesticides get to them.  I do water them but with just plain tap water (maybe some preservatives?).  I'll have Tom look for some cat grass at the store when he goes.

Mary Ann

JeanneP

I am trying to stop buying anymore gadgets for the Kitchen. but I bet I end up buy a Instapot once I have seen them and price comes down.
I seem like I have been eating light for the past 6 weeks in this heat. Went for my 6 month check up today and have not lost one lb. in weight. Makes me mad. Maybe must be drinking more liquid.
Fish day today. Maybe not do the french fries with it.  Cookies are my weakness. keep saying not going to buy them but I have to have something sweet after a meal.
Its 99 deg. here today. So hot at 9:30am when I went out. Notice past due DVDs at the library so have to go out again. Maybe about 7mp
JeanneP

Lloyd Hammond

JeanneP as long as you do not do as i have and get too much fat around your heart and short of breath. just more for your sweaty to Love. If you get too fat as the old song went hug a while and calk  a while to see where you began one day. Ha Ha ha. the more kitchen gadgets you have the easier it is to make good food. tools is my weakness in shop or house

Lloyd

angelface555

From Platter Talk, here is a good idea for those old recipes in bad writing or poor condition. Just take a photo with your phone and it is automatically scanned and listed in the digital cookbook.

http://www.plattertalk.com/bigoven-the-best-recipe-manager-ever/