Random Image

Madison and Fe!

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:08:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of June 26

Started by JoanFL, June 26, 2016, 04:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Angelface--I wonder where that lady went.

halkel--Very hot here, too.

Janie--I would love to join you for supper.

Shirley--Bummer that KS has no Lemon Law for RV's.  Too bad you didn't know my Linda when you needed a copyright lawyer.  She's a General Counsel with her company and handles all copyright issues.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JaneS

It's in the hidey hole, Joanie...and anyone else who's hungry!  Turkey Meat loaf, red potatoes buttered and seasoned, and glazed carrots.  ice cream with black raspberry syrup for dessert.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Bis, thanks for your reply on the climate temperature. I appreciate it. I remember when Global Warming was in the news quite heavily, we had restrictions on causing smog, etc. Many people stopped burning their leaves, changing gasoline types, getting rid of the huge outdoor  brick barbecues they spent a fortune for. I wonder what the reason for change in weather patterns will be now.

Gloria, it is such a treat to see you posting again. I sure hope it continues.  My nine year old iMac keeps plugging along. Strange things
happen every now an then, but I just run Disk Utility, and it seems to clean them up. My girl computer Geek has me back with uTube again. She is a doll…so patient and determined.

Gloria de, I LOVE your new Avatar. You look "Younger than Springtime" ! Keep it up girl..I'm proud of you.

Bis, we have a light breeze here, but it blows from South to North, and my windows all face East. So the conditioner is keeping me comfortable today.

Patricia, Please keep us posted on the Missing lady. I hope she is O.K.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

A good, but late, HELLO to EVERYFRIEND. 

It is a hot one here in the Mile High as well.

The little boys Daddy arrived about 9:30 this morning.  We packed up and headed to the swimming pool to join the other family again.  The cousins got together last night, also at a pool and it was a fun time for all.  GBob and I sure enjoyed it...kiddos were all busy playing and we could just relax. We had a veggie tray then pizza was ordered for all. 

After they packed up a couple of hours ago, Bob and I just collapsed in our recliners.  I was feeling emotional as they pulled away....love those little guys so much. 

HAL, you are right regarding us not having family to rely on when our little ones were small.  I think the best thing that can happen is for a couple to start out their married life away from family and learn to lean on each other for support.  Nothing like being in a foreign country many hundreds of miles from home to make you bound with your spouse!  We not only did not have family to help out, we really could not afford to have sitters and go out...and to be honest we really never wanted to anyway.  As our son was latching the boys in their car seats he was telling them how much he missed them while he was away and how much he loves them....it made my heart just melt. 

GLORIA de, there are so many kids that have never been able to be around grandparents and it is extremely sad for both sides.  They have so much to offer us and us to them.  I feel so blessed that we have had this opportunity to know our grand's so well.  Tonight I am feeling really sad that I made a todo over all of this.... The last thing I would ever want to do is not be able to be around our grand's... We just do not feel we are capable of being in charge for this long extended periods of time.... I know you ALL understand what I am saying..... My being so emotional about this certainly proves this.  Bob is just exhausted.... All the responsibility of the two doggies on top of it.  We can now rest up.....and hopefully get up refreshed tomorrow and put our home back in clean order. 

SHIRLEY, I do not think I have ever known any one to have as many problems with a vehicle/motor home than you have had.  I know you have wished over and over that you had never made the switch to this fancier m-home.  What a night mare it has been!  I have equally thought, "if only you had sold the little one to us"!  I know I would have not wanted to,but I would have sold it back to you and you could be happy again.

PATRICIA, I am sure sorry to read about your afternoon....shame on that lady for leaving you waiting like that.   Sure hope she has a mighty good excuse, but I feel she probably won't!

Thank you, JOAN, for our goodies today.  I forgot to comment that I was happy to read that your new cleaning duo seemed to work out well for you. 

I wish you all a good night of rest.  Waving at you, JACKIE, knowing you will be coming in to start your day here in just a few hours. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Gloria

JOAN  I like most muffins especially when they are still warm from the oven. When I made the poppy seed bread there was a store in a Polish neighborhood that sod the poppy seeds in 1 pound bags. Used all of it to make 3 loaves of that bread. It was a yeast bread and the recipe said to cover the cough and let it rise in the fridge overnight. Surprised it does rise. It used a whole pound of butter in the dough so it was on the yellow side. Oh so good. Wish I could still make it. I have not had the AC on at all today.  One thing I did get done today is my Skype up and working. So great talking to my daughter and seeing her today. My grandson will come over one night this week and do what I cannot understand. I also got rid of some of the things the tech installed. To me he had no business installing what he likes without asking me.

JANE  weather guessers are saying the humidity will return starting tomorrow and rain Tuesday and Wednesday. A lunch of fresh fruit sounds good to me. I just finished a nice juicy peach. The ones I have had so far have been very good. All southern ones, not California ones.

SHIRLEY  I sure have but this PC is not costing me anything more so far. Just frustrating me till I could scream. So far those fires have stayed far enough away from both their areas. I hope it stays that way. She will finish the painting she is doing now and after they move her instructor told her if she ran into problems in Arizona and she will try helping her online. They really became good friends. I am surprised that as warm as it has been here the humidity was way down so it has been not too bad for me. Like you I don't like big changes at all. This 7pro is a lot different than the 7 home version I had.

DON  I enjoyed your program today. Looks like Canada does not appreciate good music on their holidays. Will miss you next week.

GLORIA de for so many years I have spent more time with my cyber family than my real family.  It sure was lonesome not being able to get here.

AMY  not too far to drive at least.

PATRICIA  tat was thoughtless of that woman not to meet you. At times it doesn't pay to be considerate of others.

SHIRLEY  in PSP folks used many artists work in their creations. Then they had someone start getting them together  stopping their use unless they had permission of paid to use them. Groups really started stressing that to members and had lists of those we can no longer use unless we want to be sued.

JANE  wow if I could only eat a meal like that every day I might gain some weight. Sounds great.

JUNE  a lot of people are blaming the weather this year on the strong el Nino, even the weather people here.

JENNY  I watched ones son's children several times and went home worn out. I know I would not be able to do it now.

Good night everyone, I wish us all a good night's sleep.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

angelface555

Jane, I know I will be right in line for some of your dinner! Thanks!  :)

Farrah has surprised me again; we had a brief squall with thunder and lightening, and she laid on the floor in front of the window and slept right through it!  :thumbup:

Jenny, my grandparents, were thousands of miles away when I was growing up. But, we saw them about every ten years.

I have not seen that lady yet; she is probably hiding out. I made time and effort for her and feel I was taken advantage of! I suggested exchanging phone numbers but she said she never hears her phone in her purse.

Anyone who lives in the arctic knows about climate change. It is already deep into it, and the changes are not going to roll back. It is obvious world wide.

June Drabek

I have spent a very quiet  day, reading and sleeping. I hope tomorrow gives me more energy. I had planned to answer snail mail letters and order groceries on line...not done.

I did get to Church, and I did eat lunch downstairs, so the day wasn't a complete bust. I pray you all have a good night, and I plan to do the same. Hugs, Love and Prayers, June

JaneS

I'm glad you all enjoyed dinner.  Gloria, I don't eat like that every day either.  However, I have enough in the freezer to have a couple decent meals when my friend comes from Calif. at the end of July.  And when I do the crock pot meal, I'll do the same thing.  I don't like to have to cook all the time when I have company.

I'm off to Dreamland so I will bid you all Good Night Everyfriend.  Sleep peacefully and wake refreshed.  God Bless Us Every One.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. we had a good rain yesterday afternoon.3 1/2 . Hope it dosent get too steamy today,but they
are talking back into the upper 90tys. we are done with hay for now got all up with out rain on it. I have 72 big bales ricked up counting two 1/2 bales,so equal to 71 big round ones,  good lord willing a couple more nice rains between now and falll we will have more to bale late august or mid Sept. so back to repairing equipment and at a slower pace.
I should be Abel to seek in at least to read more. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone.
We were blessed with some rain last evening!! Cloudy today so just maybe the clouds will give another squeeze and we will get more.

Have to go for my licence sticker today and taxes are coming up in July so might as well do that too. I hope the garage phones about my part soon and that will be another job off my list.

Lloyd, I always like seeing that last bale done.....then it was 2nd cut to do later but not a lot of that.

Gloria,that poppy seed bread sounds delicious!!

Joan, good morning, hope all is well with you.

Enjoy your day everyone

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Where's Joan this morning?

I slept well last night.  I was tired and the temps went down to the mid 60s.  I opened the windows and except for a little action from the dogs, slept straight through. Guess I was tired. 

I miss Joan, though!

Lloyd Hammond

I think bis is tired and sleeping in this morning,and she desires it lit her do it she works hard for us all. I have already been across both big ponds today.so i am tired also think i will do same as bis and take a nap in the recliner.
Have a great day see you all later.

Lloyd

Amy

Not like Joan to not be here, maybe she has computer problems now :(
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I hope it's only computer problems!

JaneS

I just had a phone call from our "Fearless Leader" in Florida.  She is fine but her internet is dead.  She said she was all ready to post the goodies for today and it went dead.  Someone is supposed to be coming to fix it today but she's not sure when...or if she said when, I forgot.  But as soon as she can, she'll be back with us. 

It was so good to see "Melbourne" on the incoming call!  It's always amazing to me how close we've all become and how easy it is to worry when we don't hear from one another.  Now for Kelly!

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Monday afternoon, just.....weather turning out dry, part sunny and warm....

Been back from Benji's vets 4 hours now, had an early morning appointment at 9.40am....Well vet Giles confirmed our worst fears to be true...he done an anal gland check and said he was very concerned that the lump had doubled in size since he last done his check of two months ago, said he is concerned at the speed it is growing and that lump has gone from soft to hard after reading through his past history notes from previous vets when it was soft, plus female vets diagnoses of ten days ago saying rock hard....I asked him that question that we all don't want to ask, " how long does he think we have left with him?..." He said judging by the speed lump is growing we could be talking about two months, although it may calm itself for a time being.... On the other hand he has gained weight since we last put him on the scales ten days ago when we took him for his blood test on his kidneys....previous to that since he had his teeth extractions procedure, but in all honesty I may have unwittingly cut his food down, I never topped it up with hard dry food until we got the all clear stitches had dissolved from his gums....Even now Benji doesn't look like a dying dog but...in all fairness vet Giles also mentioned Benji could just keel over if the cancer spreads to his brain or heart....I like this vet he does go into every detail with explanations and answers any questions we - I put to him....We are to take him back in a months time for monitoring and possible another kidney blood test....
There is a vast green space behind the vets where we take Benji for a good run off lead whilst I sit down on the wooden bench...I have never seen Benji any happier than I have seen him today, a dog that seems to be oblivious of any troubles, these are the moments I want to treasure....
I also got my tomorrows MS Neurology appointment letter this morning, no wonder my appointment has been brought forward, I am to see a new Consultant from Sweden hospital, who after checking him up on the internet has only been at Poole Hospital a couple of months...just my bad luck again, I am not seeing the top man that it seems every one else seems to be seeing..as I was told by fellow MS sufferer living on my parkhome site, Ivan and wife Jane....I just assumed I was seeing the same MS Consultant, not a new one.....
Jane S, by " the Fearless Leader in Florida..." do you mean the lady who dishes out our " demerits..."  :D
( De Angel ) Lindancer, I really like your new avatar photo...
Link to front of vets, and the green parkland space behind, where many dog walkers walk.....so peaceful, so quiet...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.7101502,-2.4607329,3a,75y,190.24h,75.61t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s6bYqgK9ub6gkmJMKblCSZA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.7107351,-2.4607186,3a,75y,206.42h,87.09t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2ce_4gG_OtBQ0CqM-NzuKA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1
" There is no present like the time "

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It is another 78 degree morning but will only get into the low 90's this afternoon.  Yesterday was a delightful day as when we got out of church there was a brisk breeze and the temperature was just in the high 80's.  We went to Ryan's Steak House for the buffet after church and then had a quiet afternoon and evening. 

I have my morning chores done and am now eating my breakfast.  I will attend my Monday noon meeting as I am in charge today.  I see at least three little birdies in the next up in the corner of our front porch.  I could see their little heads peeping above the nest this morning. 

Joan, I agree about the long and hot summer.  It certainly as a hot spring.  I remember several summers where the temperature during the summer seldom got above 90 degrees. 

Shirley, it sounds like your motor home is just falling apart in front of your eyes.  Have you looked in a search engine to see if others have had the same experience with that brand.  I can also remember work days before we had air conditioned office--not a good memory.

Jenny, you are indeed blessed with a loving family.  Perhaps you can babysit for a few hours but not for days.  I am sure your family will understand as they love you and Bob are of concern to your children and they may not realize that you both really aren't up to overnight sitting or several days at a time. 

June, I agree that 91 is hot but with the breeze we had after church it wasn't uncomfortable.

JaneS, thanks for letting us know the reason that our "Fearless Leader" wasn't here this morning. 

Jackie, sorry that your vet news wasn't better about Benji.  You may like your new MS doctor after you see him. 

Amy

Jane, thank you so much for letting us know about Joan.

I will put some hot biscuits in the hidely hole along with some rhubarb jam and butter for everyone to nibble on till Jaon gets here.
Jimmy Dean

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

I have the water on outside, the government, in all it's wisdom, allows me to legally water on Mondays.  What generosity!  Now since they control my water use if they would just pay my bill.  Sorry, I just get so tired of someone dictating my life for me.

Joanie, miss you this morning, along with your breakfast and words to start our day.

I guess Texas is unique.  It is hot here just like it always is in the summer.  We had such a nice cool/wet spring that it seems hotter than normal, but it isn't.  But we only have a couple of months and then the cooler weather will come back. We haven't had a 100 degree day yet, but they are lurking and will show their head before long.  And we will get the usual hype.

Lloyd I'll bet you are a happy camper that haying is done (for awhile).  The animals will have something to munch on this winter.

Jackie, just love him.  We never have our animals very long anyhow, goodtimes or bad.  My pup is getting almost white around her muzzle.  She is at the groomers this morning to get some skunk smell off her.  She didn't get a full spray but enough that she is stinking up things.  Silly thing may have just wallowed where the skunk sprayed something else.  I have to smile, when the kids are here she always comes over and crawls up and drapes herself across my lap.  She is such a gentle old soul.

My oldest daughter and SIL have a water leak in the garage wall to their water heater.  MY SIL said the plumber came by and told him hopefully it wasn't at the slab level.  If it is then they will have to re-route the water line from heater to the house.  What a mess, tearing out the wall.

Everyone have a great day.

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend.  There's French toast to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Borrowing

My next-door neighbor and I frequently borrow things from each other. Not long ago, when I requested his ladder, he told me he had lent it to his son.

Recalling a saying my grandmother used to repeat, I recited, "You should never lend anything to your kids, because you will never get it back."

With that, he responded, "Tell you the truth, it's not even my ladder. It's my dad's."

Food For Thought

The Holy Spirit Kindles True Faith

Scripture Reading: Galatians 3:26-4:7

Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”
Galatians 4:6
As much as we might like to, it’s physically impossible for us to fly. We need an airplane or some other flying device to do that. In the same way, it’s spiritually impossible for us to make ourselves right with God. We need faith in the Savior to do that for us; we need Jesus Christ. Today’s passage in Gala¬tians tells us that faith itself comes as a gift from God, when he places the Holy Spirit in our hearts so that we cry out to him as our heavenly Father.
Until the Spirit works in our hearts, we remain spiritually dead and in rebellion against God. When God by his grace sends the Spirit into our hearts, he fills us with new life, kindling true faith in us so that we know Jesus as Savior, and giving us the true knowledge that he has made us for himself.
There’s tremendous comfort and assurance in this teaching about the Holy Spirit. This isn’t a once-off quickening. Instead the Holy Spirit speaks to us continually, reminding us that we are not our own but that through Jesus we belong to God.
As you go about your work today, reflect on the Holy Spirit’s work in your life. He has given you faith so that you can call out to your heavenly Father. Don’t ever let anything you encounter rob you of that truth and joy.
God our Father, you have placed your Holy Spirit in our hearts to help us see Jesus. Help us this day, we pray, to trust and serve you. Amen.

Thought of the Day

“What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.”

~ Plutarch

:smitten:

JoanFL

Better late than never.  It was nice talking to Janie this morning.  Thanks for relaying my message, Janie.

JaneS

You're very welcome, Joanie.  When I saw "Melbourne" on the incoming call, I breathed a quick prayer that it was you and that nothing was wrong with YOU.  We sure do come to depend on the internet, don't we?

I'm soon off to have lunch with my former coworkers from Pennylvania House Furniture.  We get together about once a month but I missed it last month.  I was on a airplane on the way to Texas for a wedding.  I'm looking forward to seeing friends again today. 

I hope Everyfriend has a day worthy of remembering.  Those are the best!

CallieOK

Merry Monday, Everyfriend,

Janie,  thanks for letting us know about Joan.   I wouldn't have answered the phone if all I saw on the Caller ID was the name of a town.  I really dislike the current trend of using generic ids for personal calling (sorry, Joan).
I also dislike the generic recordings on answering machines and hesitate to leave a message in case I've called the wrong number.
Thus endeth the Snark for the day.

Janie again,   I have several pieces of Pennsylvania House furniture that were the first new pieces we bought after our "basics" when we married in 1958.   Good stuff!!!!   :thumbup:

According to the weather gurus,  "Oklahoma City" received over 2 inches of rain last night.  Unfortunately,  I can't tell that any of it fell on my house/yard.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a lovely day. 

Vanilla-Jackie

Welcome back to our fold Joan...

Halkel, my life wont be the same without Benji in it....Toby is very much an R dog, doesn't even wag his tale or give me a kiss in the mornings, either ignoring me or when I go to give him a hug he gets away and curls up on Rs bed, where he gets ignored....I shall surely miss that from Benji first thing in the morning, coming into my bedroom to check up on where I am.......and that waggy tail and head twist as he puckers to give me that first morning kiss...

Benji will be the last of our original three...My Petra, our Megan then our Benji....I do also worry how this will affect our Toby, he is a dog who needs another dog around...
Our weather really is quite hot this afternoon....been out in the back garden trimming the lengthy hedge back, started doing it yesterday...have to do it in dribs and drabs and having to take several rests, just a little more to go up near the far gate end, also have to cut back twigs and branches from stuff on the other side so making a clear pathway leading to end gate....its surprising how long and narrow our garden is, like its never ending, or so it seems....
While taking my breaks I was looking out at the grassy hill at our incoming road end, where I was watching a large Red Kite bird hovering, then all of a sudden it swooped down at something it had obviously been watching...my just how large those wings are...I never saw anything in its beak when it took off, but it was there a good minute or two so have no Idea as to what if anything it had caught, just wished I had had my binoculars with me....

Gloria

Good morning everyone. I finally slept good and still did not want to get up this AM.

JANE  when I was able to cook I did the same as you. I would freeze a lot of meals for the times I was tired getting home from work of feeling lazy.

LLOYD  glad you got that hay in and no accidents to you.

AMY  that poppy seed bread is, wish I could make it again. I wonder if I still have the recipe. Like you I am surprised not to see Joan. I pray she in OK.

JANE  thanks for letting us know about Joan. I know what it feels like not to be able to get in here, just went through that again.

JACKIE  I know how you are feeling about Benji. That is one reason I did not want another pet.

JOAN  glad you are back online. I still have a few things to install and then hope I can enjoy my computer once again. Thank you for today's goodies.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Gloria, I need a dog in my life......" otherwise its just me and R...." ha ha, that sounds like a clip I watched a few times of " Everybody Loves Raymond..." season 3....the clip where Robert leaves home and lives above a garage with a couple with the same similarities as Marie and Frank Barone....When Robert moves out and moves back home, the man comes round and says...we want him back.." otherwise its just me and her..."

Lloyd Hammond

Bis you need to get a laptop for a backup so folks wont get so upset when you take a brake you know you need to stay tuned 24 -7 even tho the rest of us do not HA HA HA

Lloyd

Denver

Good morning, EVERYFRIEND.

I am so happy to read the post from you, Janie, saying our Bis is fine and will be in as soon as she is up and running again.  It is immediately upsetting when one of our flock does not appear, and we automatactially are fearful that something might be wrong.  So glad we did not have to wait too long to find out Joan is OK. 

JACKIE, I was hoping and praying that the news about Benji would be better.  My heart just aches for you as I know how upsetting this is and how lost you are going to be.  I am sorry you are not going to be seeing the expert that you thought and hoped it would be.  I will hold good thoughts that he will prove to be a very competent person and you will find that he will be just as good as the top man!   HUGS.

Enjoy your lunch with your past coworkers, JANE.

Yippee, you are back, JOAN.  sure was good to see your post appear.  Thank you for the nice goodies. 

LARRY, your suggestion is correct....short times of care and not these multiple days.  Our time alone is short though as we have a grand dog coming on Friday to spend a week with us.....but she is more a joy than anything.  If the weather is nice, that is! She is like a magnet for anything during inclement weather. 

HAL, that is not good news about the water leak.....it never is, but at least it is in an outside wall and not in the slab. 

I am off to get a load of wash in the machine....then some deep cleaning is in order.....I can see those demerits flying in already.

Good to see your post, GLORIA.  AT LEAST YOU ARE STILL UP AND RUNNING! 

Have a wonderful day. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JoanFL

Janie--It was GREAT to speak to you this morning.  Enjoy your lunch with your Pennsylvania House friends.

Callie--My phone system displays the name of the caller on the phone itself and on my TV--unless it's a robo call.

Vanilla-Jackie--I feel your pain at the thought of Benji being called home.((hugs))

Gloria--I called my guru about 7:30 a.m. and he was here by 10 a.m.  Sure hope that's the end of my trouble.

Lloyd--I'd very much like to get a laptop, but I have some bills that are taking priority.

Jenny--I was NOT a happy camper when I came to my computer at 4 a.m. and found the internet wasn't working.  Guess I'd better get my demerit ledger out.:)

June Drabek

Happy Monday everyone ! May your day be all and more than you hoped for. Mine started off good after a perfect nights sleep. I hope I get done today what I did not get accomplished yesterday……ordering of groceries, and writing of snail mail. There are no programs scheduled for today that I must attend, thanks be to God.

Lloyd, I'm glad you got the haying done without harming yourself. So you re-seed hay, or does it reseed itself. Or does it grow like grass, where it's roots stay in the ground ?

Janie, thank you for sharing your message from Bis with us. I agree with you, re: our being a family. Very definitely.

Hal, what is the age of your "furry" girl? She is surely draping across your lap to be assured of protection from mauling child-size hands. Small children do not understand the gentleness that older animals need on their bodies.

Bis, I am so glad it was computer and problems rather that Bis problems. We truly are a close family here.

We are going for a high of 87 today. Lots of sunshine already bringing too much warmth through my sun room windows. I will keep the blinds tightly closed this morning. I really do prefer winter weather.

Gloria, like you, I had a great sleep, but didn't want to start the day. I will surely go back for a second snooze before too much longer.

Jane, I sure won't be earning any demerits today, I am on the "do very little" list today. And thankful I can do that.