Random Image

horse1.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of October 2

Started by JoanFL, October 02, 2016, 03:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend.  There's apple fritters to go with your coffee or tea.  Have a blessed Sunday.

Thanks to Phyllis for her nice “October” graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

Mike's Blind Date

Joe sets up his friend Mike on a blind date with a young lady-friend of his.
But Mike is a little worried about going out with someone he's never seen before. "What do I do if she's really unattractive?" says Mike. "I'll be stuck with her all evening."

"Don't worry," Joe says, "just go up to her door and meet her first. If you like what you see, then everything goes as planned. If you don't just shout 'Aaaaaauuuggghhh!' and fake an asthma attack."

So that night, Mike knocks at the girl's door and when she comes out he is awe-struck at how attractive and sexy she is. He's about to speak when the girl suddenly shouts:  "Aaaaaauuuggghhh!"

Food For Thought
Andy and Heaven

By Keith Mannes
Scripture Reading: 1 Peter 4:12-19

Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you. . . .
1 Peter 4:12
Our fellow church member Andy had brain cancer. Ron and Andy had become Christian friends, and this illness knocked Ron off his feet.
This was Andy: About a year ¬after I was called to serve another church far away, Andy and his friend Dick came to visit. Andy had heard there was good fishing in the local streams, so we went fishing. My plan was to fish from the shore, but Andy looked at me with joyful abandon and walked fully clothed into the river, splashing upstream like a child.
Andy also had a guitar collection. That weekend he played one of them for the church I was now serving. Afterward he handed it to me and asked me to care for it till the next time he came, even though we both knew there wouldn’t be a “next time.”
Four months later, I was on a plane to do Andy’s funeral. He hadn’t died alone; Dick had gone to visit him every day to care for him.
Ron picked me up at the airport and dissolved in tears. He drove me to his house, which had now become their headquarters of love and grief. The remains of our small church was gathered in his living room.
There we all learned about suffering. And it was worthwhile, because it was suffused with joy, love, and Christ. There is no choosing: it all comes in one package.
Lord, walk with us through times of suffering. We do not want to go through those times without you. Christ, meet us in these times of need. In your name, Amen.

Thought of the Day

“Whatever you do, it’s important to build respect in your fellow man.”

--Ned Jarrett

:smitten:

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

JoanFL

Sorry that I had trouble with the heading today and the graphic would only show below the "stuff".

Amy

Good morning

Rained most of the night and I hope it keeps up all day. Lakes , ponds and the rivers will certainly enjoy it too.

A day of rest here.will play in the sewing room ,only a little slower now, yesterday while cutting some fabric I sliced my finger and now sport a clumsy big bandage that gets in my way. Good reminder to watch what I am doing.

Love the fall graphic Phyliss.

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  Sorry you sliced your finger.  That's a good reason to just rest.:)

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  And a special good morning to you Joanie and Amy!  I'm running a little late this morning so I'll be back later to see what Everyfriend is up to this morning. I'll be staying after church for coffee with friends then going to my daughters for a late breakfast. Then I'm going to make a quick stop at the farmers market. Have a good day my friends.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

It's still darkish here so not sure what kind of day it will be but the weather people are not expecting rain so that is a good thing.  Hope everyone has a good day.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JoanFL

Good morning, Janie.  Enjoy church and coffee with your friends and breakfast at your daughter's.

Phyllis--Good morning.  I hope your weather continues to be dry so the mason can do his work.

CallieOK

Lloyd Hammond

good morning everyone. well the weather here is good cooled down a good fall day. yesterday a friend called and said i have another friend was crossing a small creak with his dosser and the bolts in the master link broke an the track came completely off. so i said I will take my dosser which is much bigger than his and go pull him out which I did. but on the way there i had two tires blow out (destroyed them) one wheel and blew out tire came off and went airborne and hit a storage shed and stuck in the wall 1/2 of it in shed and 1/2 of it out. bad as the luck was still good no one hurt and the damage is les than $50. + our labor rearing and re painting. and the owner of shed will hippie nice fellow.took wheels and tires off of another trailer and got to job sight and got other dosser out and track stretched out ready to get back on. next week. have a great day.

Lloyd

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

First off, Callie, thank you for being kind to me. OSU whupped up on Texas yesterday and OU whupped up on TCU.  Defense won it for Okla with the blocked kicks. 

Amy sorry about the finger.  How in the world did you manage that with a paid of scissors?  I will guarantee you one thing.  That finger will be in way of everything you do and you will hit it on everything you can think of.

Janie, once again, I envy you (oops that is a sin, isn't it) for having such nice farmers markets.  Would love wandering around pickin at everything.

Joanie, apple fritters, matches the season.  If you hadn't mentioned the placement of the graphic I would have never known.  Thanks for breakfast.
And your soul food. (think about it).

Coffee is ready, and I need to get some clothes on and go outside and get the paper.  Who wants a cup (after I put clothes on).  We will eat some more of Joanies Fritters.

JoanFL

Good morning, Callie.

Lloyd--Good morning.  Big equipment sure does have problems.  Thank goodness nobody was hurt.

Good morning, halkel.  My coding for the graphic to be in the correct place just didn't work correctly this morning.  I'll join you for coffee.

larryhanna

Hi everyone on this beautiful 61 degree Sunday morning.  I will go to Sunday School and Church this morning and then stop at Firehouse Subs for our lunch to bring home.  They have a very good salad that Pat will have for lunch and I will get one of the subs. 

Yesterday was a pretty quiet day as stayed home all day.  I did watch the Georgia/Tennessee football game and what an exciting ending with Georgia going ahead with 10 seconds to go and then Tennessee throwing into the end zone to their tallest player and he caught it for a touchdown as the clock ran out and Tennessee won the game.  This afternoon, after resting awhile, I plan on watching the Carolina versus the Atlanta Falcons pro-game, although will likely take a little nap during the game.  I will probably put on my headphones and listen to Don's radio program at the same time.  I will just do a little multi-tasking.

Joan, that pie was delicious and was our supper last evening.  We have another meal of it in the freezer, which will make a nice meal some evening I don't want to cook.  Your family members saw quite a game in Tennessee yesterday.  It was really a heart breaker for those of us who are Georgia fans. 

June, you haven't missed a thing by never having a migraine as they are miserable and I know from first-hand experience.  My son hadn't had one for a long time.  Stacey also suffered from them and I believe it is a family trait.  When we get to our mid-50's they seem to stop.  My theory is that our arteries are hardening and that stops them. 

Sandy, thanks for explaining Kefir. 

June, over the years I have been prescribed a nitro patch or nitro paste.  It usually gave me a bad headache but doubt it would do so now.  I hope you experience no such pain.

Joan, that is a very pretty fall graphic that you used.  Thanks to you and to Phyllis for your continual work for us here.  I really appreciate you all. 

Amy, do you use electric scissors or a rotary cutter?  Sorry about your cut as know that will be painful and always in the way.  Pat has used the rotary cutter for years. 

Lloyd, so sorry to read of your troubles with tires and sure glad no one was hurt. 

Hal, this wasn't a good weekend for football in South Carolina although Clemson did win their game. 

Amy

Hal, I use a rotary cutter like the bottom on this site...http://www2.fiskars.com/Special-Feature/How-to-Choose-a-Rotary-Cutter

Clean cut, and I didn't want to leak all over my fabic!!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Larry, like Pat I use the rotary cutter and have always been so careful in the past. I had been up since 4:30 am and did a lot of work ,maybe I was just pooped :(
Jimmy Dean

JoanFL

Good morning, Larry.  My family, who I told you attended the Georgia/Tennessee game, said it was exciting.  Thanks for your words of appreciation (to me and Phyllis).

Amy--That rotary cutter is pretty nifty.

Radioman34

Greetings from London Ontario. This is New Year's Day in the Jewish tradition (Rosh Hashana), the year is 5777. So if you have Jewish friends you may greet them today with "Shana Tova!"

JoanFL

Good morning, Radioman.  Shana Tova to our Jewish friends.

June Drabek

Bis dear heart..good morning ! Makes no difference to me where the graphic is placed, It is always perfect for the season of the year. Thank you.

I am up. I have done all the usual, and now enjoying that first cup of coffee. It is a bit cloudy but will clear up before we know it. I like cloudy mornings, they let me wake up gently instead of blinking at the brightness of sunshine.

Amy, I am so sorry you sliced your finger, sound painful having happened with the scissors. You will be forced to have some rest today, which you have certainly earned. Hugs for healing, my friend.

Janie, your day sounds good girl, I hope it one of great Peace too.

Phyllis, I wish our few light clouds would darken and give us the needed rain. I think if it rained every day all year long it would not bring us up to the normal amount we need.

Lloyd, something seems unfair here…you are off to help a friend, and you run into all that trouble. I am so sorry. As you say, no one was harmed, and the cost was minimal, and you are surely Blessed by God for being such a good friend.

Hal, do you normally walk around in the buff when your wife is out of town ? tsk-tsK !!!!!!  I am on my second cup of coffee now and a piece of coffee cake, following it with half a banana.

Larry, interesting take on the Migraine ceasing with age because of hardening of arteries. You may have something there. I have arranged with the clinic to get the nitro patch. The idea of a having to paste one on every single morning does not appeal to me, but with both Dr. and son saying I should do it, I will.

Time to make the bed and get on with the day, Church starts in and hour and 10 minutes.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

June Drabek

Phyllis, I forgot to thank you for this weeks graphic...it says FALL for sure..perfect group of colors.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I had set a scan disk for start up and it did that when I booted up. Usually has 3 steps, today was 5  and it took hours. Decided to take my shower while it was doing it's thing and was still going after I had dressed.  Oh well at least I know my PC is virus and malware free and running OK. My son took the AC out yesterday and I have a big chunk of room back again. Takes up a lot of room, still rather have a window one. Still cloudy with periods of drizzle. Watching the news earlier about Matthew. Hope the European  prediction is right and it will veer west before it hits land. On the map they showed it looked like Melbourne would be in the target area. Hate seeing that.

LARRY  my daughter and SIL have a lot of unpacking to do. They bought 2 of those large containers, the size of the trailers  on 18 wheeler.  They have stored a lot in one of them and the other has all my SIL's tools and such, will be his work/hobby area.

JOAN  I really appreciate all you do for us. I know hunting for things to post in the mornings is time consuming, only want you to know I do thank you for all of it.

HAL  I think the coldest I have seen here was -30°, yes minus, and that lasted a few days. 

JOAN  I do not see a weekly graphic. Something messed up here, I was taken back to April when I clicked at the bottom on your post for last week.  Ti's the season for good apple fritters. LOL with chuckles, guess the blind date thought Mike was not attractive. Andy and Heaven, very touching story. Thank you for all today's goodies. Wondered why I could not see the graphic. It was being obstinate this morning.

PHYLLIS  love the simplicity of today's graphic, perfect.

AMY  OUCH, bet that cut surprised you.

JANE  I would love to go to a good farmers market. The ones around here have little in the way of local produce. There was one lady who picked apples at my son's orchard and expected him to give her a break on the cost. She wanted to make a nice profit at his expense.

JANE  have a good day.

PHYLLIS  no rain in the forecast here today but we “might have a few showers” is what one local weather guesser said.

LLOYD  looks like you should have stayed home yesterday.

HAL  am I too late for coffee?

DON  will be listening soon.

JUNE  good morning.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JoanFL

June--Gloria says she doesn't see a graphic.  I'll have to check.

Gloria--Thanks--it does take quite a bit of time but as long as folks enjoy the "stuff" it's worth my time.  Folks here are closely watching the hurricane.   Scary!!

halkel

Good Morning June, No I wasn't in my buff, just my underware.  But all the shades were pulled.

Gloria, never too late for coffee, always have some in the pot for those that want to drop in.
Just got a call from my daughter, inviting me to her daughters tonite for a meal.  Hey never, never turn down a free meal, right.

Amy, how many times have you hit the poor cut finger?

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,
from the cool,  dry, and sunny,
Rocky coast of Maine... 

Eleven people were hanging on a rope, under a helicopter.
10 Men and 1 Woman..

The rope was not strong enough to carry them all,
so they decided that 1 had to leave,
because otherwise they were all going to fall..
They weren't able to choose that person,
until the Woman gave a very touching speech.

She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope,
because, as a Woman, she was used to giving up everything for her Husband and Kids or for Men in general, and was used to always making sacrifices with little in return.

As soon as she finished her speech, all the Men started clapping ...

:wave2:

(giggle) 
Have a great day Everyone!

Shana Tova !

Sandy
:fish: :frog:

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

JoanFL

halkel--Nice you've been invited out to dinner.

Sandy--:)

Gloria--I checked the link I left in last week's SS, and it brought me to this one.

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

You can all relax.  The Church Ladies Who Lunched solved all the world's problems  :thumbup:- which is why I got home 2 1/2 hours after church was over.   :)

Hal,  conversational threads have taken a slightly different turn and I wasn't sure our OK/TX "bets" were still on this year.  However, since you mentioned it.......    :nanadance:  and  :cheer: and.....where's my prize(s)?

Oh, Sandy....what a tale you told.   :lol2:

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a lovely day.

JoanFL

Callie--Thank you, thank you for solving the world's problems.

Vanilla-Jackie

CALLIE K....
....well done to your Church ladies, :thumbup: ....now do they want to share them with us?

SANDY....
....your parachute story reminds me of the song...." ten green bottles hanging on the wall..." and if one green bottle should accidentally fall.... ;)
...now of course I cant stop singing it...

" There is no present like the time "

JaneS

hello Everyfriend!  I hope your day is going well. I had God fellowship with my church friends and a good breakfast at my daughter's house. After breakfast she brought out some quilts that she has to confirm who had made the. The biggest one was a twin size and I'm sure my grandmother made it. The second was a crib size that my sister made for her when she was born and the third was a doll size that was made for me when I was about 4. My grandmother made one for my sister and one for me when my grandfather made us doll beds to fit the new dolls we got for Christmas that year. Gramma also made shoes, coats and bonnets, dresses and rompers for the dolls. Oh and a pinafore too. We had the best dressed dolls on the block!  I'm so glad the quilt is still a part of our family memories.

I just took a pumpkin pie out of the oven and I have 4 loaves of pumpkin bread baking. There will be some in the Hidey Hole soon. Please help yourselves. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

angelface555

Jane and all others who might enjoy, I put an easy recipe for pickled grapes and JeanneP. put in a copy of Larry's sausage muffins recipe in the What's for dinner folder on S&F.

http://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic=10.msg52686#msg52686