Random Image

horse6.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 16, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 16, 2017, 05:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halkel

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I finally got myself in gear and made it onto the computer.  Yesterdays BBQ was good, I spent nearly all my time in the house where I had a nice easy chair and we didn't stay long, nor did the Grandkids, they were tired from all the swimming, sunshine and full of food.

I am still puny, I think it is the antibiotics I am taking for a kidney infection, they make me really drowsy and drained.  But no matter just three more days of them.  Hopefully the body will adjust.

Had some rain last night and possibly more today, they said t-storms last night but they didn't come about.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Amy

So far the day has not gone as planned but it has been great..right down to the nap we all had. :thumbup:

Took hubby into town for blood work and to get his scripts filled but our drug store was closed,so I will do that tomorrow when I take the van in to summer tires put on. When we came back the neighbour was out with his dog so over I went and clipped Rex's nails......now all 3 dogs are good for another two weeks.

Hal, rest, that is the best medicine you can have at the moment while your other meds are taking hold. Work will wait..

Leftovers for supper tonight....
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

Hi, Carol..more company for you…again ???????????

Hal, I hope you are drinking Lots of water. I had a kidney infection years and years ago, and I swelled up all over my body..I looked like a Chinaman. My Gary had one when he was a little boy, and my daughter died of failed kidneys in 1960. Back then you had to have an identical twin for a transplant…nothing else would help. It is not something to treat lightly.

Amy, I don't feel like going downstairs to eat. I think I will just stay home. Sorry your day got kabolixed up.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Speaking of things on the ceiling....

Basketball marks are a given but when my kids were little, my Dad thought it was fun to "teach" them to walk on the ceiling.  He loved picking them up, turning them upside down and walking them across the ceiling.  Never mind if their sneakers or feet were dirty or clean....most often dirty.  I think I was the only one in my group with LOTS of little footprints on the ceiling.  Do you know how hard it is to clean dirty footprints off a ceiling?

JUNE...my "putzing" took me to the bank to deposit a check and then to WalMart to get an ink cartridge and then to the Municipal Authority office to pay my 3 month bill.  My accountant, who is also my son, finished my taxes today (the last possible day) and they've been accepted.  So I won't be chatting with you from prison this year.  My son says they don't incarcerate old ladies for not paying their taxes because the upkeep is outta sight.  I wonder?

I'm going to have the leftovers from yesterday at my daughters for my supper tonight.  She gave me a take-home that was more than I ate for supper.  I've been picking on it all day.

Carol, I never thought of cleaning anything in my dishwasher that needs to be taken apart.  You are so skillful.  So far, it seems to be getting everything clean.  I think I'll just keep my fingers crossed!  OUCH!  Crossing fingers hurts!

Enjoy the rest of your day Everyfriend, however much of it you have left. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

CallieOK

We had finger prints above the doors that got higher and higher every year.

JaneS,   my granddaughters' uncle, who is 6'8" tall,  loved to help them "spider-walk" across the ceiling.
I also remember seeing their baby-sitter's boyfriend, who played college football, doing leg lifts with one giggly little girl on each leg.
One thing for sure - they've never been intimidated by Big Men!!!!

Hope Everyfriend Everywhere has had a Merry Monday.

Sandy

Hal,  anti biotics always make me feel crappy ....   so I eat lots and lots of yogurt  while I am taking them  to restore my gut with the probiotics...

I really hate taking antibiotics,  but sometimes one has to do what one hates.

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

June Drabek

Janie, my Gary has taken care of my taxes with the girl that does his. She did a good job, I got bucks back. That is always good news. I never had footprints on my ceiling but I had a framed picture where a BB had penetrated the frame. My oldest "kid" (my husband) had hung a target on the living room wall..a thick one..but either he or one of the boys missed the target and hit the frame.

I did decide to go down to the library to return two books and picked up a fresh one..still have two of C.S. Lewis I am reading, but I need a light one for when I go to bed at night. So I stopped at the salad bar and picked up some lettuce to go with my lunch leftovers of Mac and Cheese.

Sandy, I find that sometimes the cure is worse than the illness. But we do what we have to do. Right now I have to go take two salt tablets which I will follow with some food, otherwise they upset my stomach.

halkel

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.  I am headed to bed.  Sandy, your idea sounds like a good one.  I will get the wife to pick me up some tomorrow.

Nite, nite everyone, God Bless and Sweetdreams.

Shirley

I've been to read posts several times today.  I feel like I am repeating myself but only thought I posted. 

Larry, every time I read through your reason for the folded napkin, I want to be sure to thank you, very interesting.  Hope you are feeling better, maybe you need a "spring tonic"..... or eat some iron rich foods (raisins are good~)

I agree with Sandy, Hal, about the yogurt..... and when my daughter got kidney infections her doctors recommended drinking lots of cranberry juice. 

Anyone ever find toothpaste on the ceiling in the bathroom?  Never did find out which one did it  That was a lifetime ago.  ::)

Callie, my boys were pleased when they could jump & touch the ceiling.... they didn't grow long legs like your sons, so quite a feat for them.

Carol, the pollen & whatever is in the wind when it blows hard.... has been awful this year.  I have a feeling that  living with these cats makes allergies worse.  What is the altitude during winter & how high (mile?) your place in CO?  It takes me days to adjust & I try to sleep no higher than 8,600.... (Mt.Princeton campground).  It is a little lower in Salida so the first night there does help. 

Don't have much to show for my day so hope to get a good night sleep & dig in early.  Seems like we have more holidays than when we were young...  and takes longer to get ready for them & clean up after. 

Sweet dreams to all and to all a Good Night... and God Bless.

CallieOK

Hal,  a friend taught me to put a carton of  fruit-flavored yogurt on my dry cereal instead of milk.  If you have Braum's dairy stores in your area, theirs is the fruitiest tasting.

Sleep well, Everyfriend, and have pleasant dreams.

JaneS

Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

I forgot to say that I, too, liked the story of the folded napkin.  I have always wondered about it, too.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone*
JaneS don't worry about them,just treasure them. when my 1/2 sister was little she was staying with one of my aunt's , she took a pencil and drew pictures on the wall in her bathroom. she would not let anyone remove them. when my sister was a tanager she would be taken in there and be shown her art work.
the aunt was a school teacher , even in her nineties she would praise one for there good works.have a great day remembering what your dad done for you all.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

It is 52º and clear , according to the instant weather is supposed to be that way next three days.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'll be off to WM this morning.  Wish me smiles!

Lloyd, I wasn't complaining about what my Dad did.  He was my kids best friend and finest example.  He taught them more than any teacher in school came close to.  The adored him (so did I) and they still talk about him.  If they could have him back right now they wouldn't hesitate a minute.  What they had between them was love and respect!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Need to take my van in to get the snow tires off and summers on.,pick up hubby's script and then head home.

Will be back later, better go get ready to head out for my appointment
Jane, have a great day at work!!

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I never meant to be negative . Please pardon my dutch. you are one of my best life time friends.

Lloyd

JaneS

I wasn't being critical of you, Lloyd.  I was just making sure Everyone knows I wasn't complaining.  If I could have him back, I would in a heartbeat. 

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I can for sure relate to that statement . you were blessed to have him as long as you did. I was the oldest of three boys. my parent's divorced , and he was murdered  soon after that. so I never had the chance to know him. I grew up being the man of the house , and was told often you are the oldest you have to set good examples for the others.  Have a great day.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I was worn out from being out Sunday and I paid for it yesterday. Laid on the couch and had the TV on and slept on and off all day. I had a wonderful Easter with good food and company I hated to come home.

DON  thank you. Was this the first Easter you had in Israel? I know you have been there several times but cannot remember the times of the year.

LARRY  I saw on TV about the alligator and the golf ball. Interesting about the burial cloth. I never heard that before. Yes my daughter made those singer snaps for my birthday. My birthday is nothing special so why would I mention it?

SHIRLEY  the forsythia bushes are blooming here, The house across the street has a big bush of the and it looks so good top see that bright splash of yellow. Since the landscapers were here last week some flowers are sticking their heads up.

GLORIA de  thank you, any time is great a day later or more. Seems like every time I go anywhere these days I am exhausted, whether it is to my son's like Easter day or to a doctor. I get home and just have to lay down and it takes a day to feel better.

JUNE  we are all praying for JOAN and waiting for the time she is well enough to post here again.

JANE  I really enjoyed being at my son's Easter. Great seeing my great grandson.  He is so cute I could just squeeze him but did not want to scare him.

JEANNE LEE  always great to have a visit from a child who does not live close. I just hope that once my daughter and SIL are all settled into their new home they can take a trip here.

CAROL  when I was leaving with my son Easter morning there was a post office truck in front of the building. Must have been some kind of special delivery. My sons when in high school one day when I came home from work told me to come with them to their room and then shut my eyes.   When I opened them they had painted the whole room black and has some black lights on. Yikes  I think that was the most shocking thing they did. I had read years ago to run an empty dishwasher with only vinegar instead of soap. I know it works great in a washing machine, too. Gets rid of all soap and keeps it from having odors.

CALLIE when my dentist extracted my first teeth she recommended Dannon yogurt because it has the most probiotics in it. I don't know if that's true  because I do not ordinarily like yogurt.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi everyone pn an overcast morning.  We do have a 60% chance of rain this afternoon around 2 pm, when I have to drive for about 30 minutes to get to a new doctor's office.  I am seeing a dermatologist just for a check up since I have had carcinoma in the past.  I plan to eat an early lunch and then rest for 90 minutes or so before leaving. I did not attend my meeting yesterday as had to make a trip to the church to drop off the peanut butter and jelly to Pat's Circle meeting.  Then I stopped at Aldi's for a few items.  Pat had planned to go to Aldi's but just was in a lot of discomfort.  By the time I got home I was ready to rest for awhile.

This morning got off to a rocky, although as I think of it now a rather humorous one.  However, I didn't feel that way when it was happening.  I was fixing Pat's breakfast and got the water started for the coffee, including putting the coffee pod in the coffee maker.  When the lights went on indicating it was ready I pushed the button and continued to make Pat's breakfast.  When I went to get the coffee I discovered I had not put a cup under the spout so had coffee all over the counter.  So I cleaned up the mess and started the water for an actual cup of coffee.  When I went to get it I saw I had a nice cup of hot water as had forgotten to put the coffee pod in the maker.  The third time was the charm and Pat actually had a cup of coffee.  Fortunately I didn't burn her scrambled eggs.  In the scheme of things this really wasn't important at all just aggravating at the time. 

June, it sounds like the lady felt she should have exclusive use of the laundry at that time. 

Carol, Pat recently came up a good way to fix the pork chops with some seasoning and brown sugar rubbed on them and then baked until done.  They are really good.  It sounds like your neighbors were glad to see you all back home. 

Hal, sorry that you are still feeling puny but antibotics seem to do that to folks. 

Amy, there is  our plan for the day and then there is the reality of what happens.  Glad you had a nice day and got a nap in as well.

JaneS, what a memory of the those little footprints on the ceiling.  Glad you won't have to chat with us from prison!  :)  Beautiful comments about your father and the role he played with his grandchildren. 

Callie, isn't it great we have those memories of our children's growing up years.  At the time it seemed like it was going to last forever and, of course, it lasted only a very short time. 

Shirley, the reason I am not feeling good simply boils down to the condition of my heart.  I have unstable angina and when I take a nitro it drops my already low blood pressure.  It doesn't take much work to really tire me out so I have to do things in bits and pieces although when I start something I like to see it through.  We have never had toothpaste on the ceiling.  :)

Glad to see that several of you enjoyed the folded napkin story.  I know I found it very interesting.

Lloyd, your aunt sounds like a special lady who loved children.  How dreadful to have your father murdered. I am sure you set a good example for your siblings. 

Gloria, I have to disagree with you in that I feel your birthday is important as it means you have lived another year.  Are the ginger snaps gone by now? Hope today finds you rested up from Sunday.  I can't imagine a room painted black. 

Jeanne Lee

Gloria, my boys wanted to paint their room black, too.  Fortunately, they warned me ahead of time.   :D 

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

June Drabek

Good Morning.....we're all in our places,with sunshiny faces, and this is the way, to start a new day. I'm hoping so.

I got busy sharing some pictures my DIL sent me to friends. I sent some to Jeanne Lee too, in hope she could place them here, but they may have been the wrong size,and I don't know how to change that.

Jeanne, I have three different email addresses for you, and don't know which one is proper..I sent the pictures to the gmail address. 

Nothing special planned for today, unless I feel up to exercises this afternoon, and I usually don't. I can always get lost in a good book, so I don't get bored.

Larry, I hope you get good news at the dermatologist. My husband had a bunch of pre-cancerous things burned off. And one serious that required surgery.

Callie, A friend told me to use the Boost/Ensure drink on my cereal. It works great and I have to drink in anyway, so now I don't have to worry about taking milk home from the dining room.

Denver

Good morning, EVERYFRIEND. 

Nice to read about the Easter Day festivities.  We also enjoyed the day, however it was a bit different than any we have ever had before.  The doodle was a good boy and was ready to do what ever we were ready to do.  We talked to all of the family and enjoyed the pictures they shared about their day. 

GLORIA, I sure enjoyed your Jacqueline Lawson Easter Card, as always.  Thank you for sharing.

I hope you ALL enjoy a very nice day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

LLOYD, what happened to your father is terrible.  No family should have to bear something like that!  I am so sorry for you and your siblings!  And it makes me cherish my memories even more!

We were talking about my grandfather and Cathy's grandfather on Easter and she asked Craig (her husband) if he'd ever met him.  He said, just for a short time.  Cathy said, "You'd have loved him!".  I agree!

Lindancer

Good afternoon, I set out on the deck, read the paper and had my coffee this morning,  What more can I ask

Gloria, it does not feel like Spring until I see Forsythia blooming. I have 3 bushes in my yard.  The end of March I generally cut a few branches and bring them in for force blooming in the house.

Larry and Hal my doctor has always told me be sure and eat probiotics yogurt when I use antibiotics. I generally buy the Danmon 4 pack.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Mary Ann

When Tim (oldest nephew, now deceased) was in his first year, his mother was pregnant with Tom.  Tim didn’t take to my dad too much, probably because he was more likely to stay with his mother’s parents rather than with us.  Shortly before Tom was born, it was necessary for Dad to take Joyce to the doctor and Dad would baby-sit Tim in the car while they waited.  Dad smoked a pipe and used Sir Walter Raleigh tobacco which came in a metal can.  Dad found a couple of screws, put them in the empty can and sealed it with tape from the can.  It was a rattle.  Tim loved it and ever after, he and Dad were friends.   I don’t remember what color the walls were but I remember Tim having a dark room and a black light. 

I never knew either grandfather and knew only one grandmother

We didn’t have footprints or toothpaste or anything else on the ceiling, but I remember Norm’s first wife (Joyce) opened a can of pop that exploded and there was pop on the ceiling.

The bird clock sounded off and I think it was a robin.  At 3 pm it should have been a blue jay.  I’ll have to see if I can advance the sound.  If not, it will stay as it.

We had our Wednesday luncheon today but we probably will go back to Wednesday.  Jan has so much on her plate with both parents with Alzheimer’s and Terry not being well.  They live in the lower level with Jan’s folks having the upper level.  Terry was not feeling well enough to come up the stairs to join us and Jan’s father didn’t feel well either, so did not join us.  Jan’s mother is on the same level as her father as far as Alzheimer’s goes, but she is more alert.  She sat with us at the table.  Jan has been volunteering for Hospice as well as working for them and she is giving up her volunteer work and working hours the others might be asleep.  A nephew comes in to be with his grandparents at times so she does have some help.  It’s hard being the only breadwinner with three ill people.  We are going to have our weekly luncheons at Jan’s to make it easier on her.  We thought Tuesday might be better because Dot would have no conflicts on Tuesday but Tom said Tuesday is not a good day for him, so he may call Jan to make it Wednesday. 

Mary Ann

halkel

Hi Everyone!

Feeling a little better but still not up to snuff.  I did try the yogurt and I do think it helped.  I am going to try another in a little while.

Just wanted to say Hi, so HI.  Hope everyone is having a great day.

Janie, see where they got the killer in your state.

Lloyd Hammond

you all would never guess what i did ,so i will tell you all. Nancy went to the doctor for a check up she did not think she needed me in there hair so I stayed Home. while she was gone I got out some canned apples and the Bettye homes cook book to make the pie crust, and made a apple pie. she said I  did a fine job. the world is full of suppresses isant it? Have a great rest of the day.

Lloyd

Denver

So happy to have a good positive update from Linda regarding our Joan.

Jenny

My mom Joan Lavelle is doing great! She's been fully off the vent almost 3 days now, and is eating (a lot!) and speaking. Her caregivers at Kindred are impressed with her progress. Now that she's breathing pretty well, we're hoping she'll soon get the green-light to move on to a rehab place (perhaps next week) where she can work on getting her mobility back after having been in a hospital bed for quite a long time.  Thanks to everyone for sending positive thoughts her way- we all appreciate it. â€" at Kindred Hospital Melbourne.
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Jenny, thank you for the good news on Joan...baby steps one day at a time. and then she will be back here with all of us!!!

Lloyd, good for you!! What a nice surprise for Nancy...

I am off to bed, heading to the city in the morning for hubby's appointment..

Have a good night everyone..
Jimmy Dean