Random Image

Amaryllis

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of April 16, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 16, 2017, 05:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Another peaceful day at Rowntree Gardens. I took just one walk today, but that was all I wanted to do.

Hal, I am feeling sad for you being ill. I hope tomorrow will find you much improved.

Larry, and the same goes for you my friend.

Jenny, I thank you dear girl for the news on our Bis. I'm trying to remember when her illness first started. It seems like at least a month ago, or even more. The good news truly is good news, and I'm so thankful for her children for keeping us informed. And to you for the same reason. God hears our prayers.

I'm going down to check my mailbox, and then get ready for an early bed. If I don't get back later, have a perfect night of rest and a happy tomorrow. Hugs !!!!!
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I'm going to bed early tonight also.  I have a busy day tomorrow. 

Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one! 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well it is time I bid everyone a good good night. hope to see you all tomorrow.
sweet Dreams.

Lloyd

JoanFL

_Good morning, Everyfriend,  I sure miss you ALL.q

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

I thought I would be pressed for time this morning but woke early and don't have to rush.Will head to the city for hubby's appointment then pick up a few things while there,my friend wants me to pick up 3 bags of frozen chicken breasts. These are cooked up for their two dogs.
Yesterday my get up and go left without me...managed to do wood, yard work and then a big nap!

Hal, hope your feeling better today..

June,even though I had a long nap yesterday I went to bed and slept sound last night!!

Gloria, the forsythia must look so nice after seeing nothing but snow. My friend had  a forsythia but it didn't seem to bloom ,just went to leaf for some reason.

Larry, hope you are also feeling better and your strength returning.

Lloyd, did you put any pie in the hidey hole?

Enjoy your day everyone.

JOAN, what a lovely surprise!! Please take care and know that you are also missed VERY MUCH!!!!
Hugss

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

You made my day Joan, so nice to see your smiling face again.. you had posted while I was posting and didn't' see your avatar. Tell your family thank you so much for keeping us posted on how you were doing please..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

JoanFL you for me also.please do not over it , we all love you.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Is grate to see both you girls Bis just do not over it

Lloyd

JaneS

WOW!  What a neat surprise to wake to.  JOANIE'S BACK!  It's gonna be a great day!  We sure did miss you!

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS you also and you say my thoughts perfect , she sure was missed and loved. just hop sh dose not over do it so we can keep her here,

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Did u girls all go to privet room?

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

I think you all went back to bed I am going to go and eat morning meal and go to shop. I t was nice seeing bis and you other two girls. Have a great day.

Lloyd

phyllis

What a wonderful surprise to see your face this morning, Joan!  Grateful prayers are being sent upward.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the sunny and warmer rocky coast of Maine.... 

Hi Joanie...  So good to see you checking in. 

I got an early call this morning from my sister in law,
  Alma  ...   I was still in bed and as I got up and answered the phone I decided to put my pants on,
  and tumbled over .     A very soft fall on a rug...
no damage except for my pride.   I use my smart phone as a speaker phone so my hands were free ...    I know better then to rush to get my pants on with out standing close to a wall,
  so tumbling over was my own fault.   

I am none the worse for wear ....  just humiliated.

Have a great day  everyone,  and Joanie,  come back when you feel comfortable ..  So good to see you!

Sandy
:rofl: :headspin:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Good Morning, Joan!!!!!!!!    Wonderful to see you!  :smitten:

Oh - and Good Morning, EveryOtherFriend, Too;D

larryhanna

Hi everyone on an overcast day here in South Carolina.  We are suppose to get up to 80 degrees this afternoon.  Yesterday afternoon we had a series of very nice rain showers.  We needed the rain.

I did see the dermatologist yesterday and all was fine.  He did freeze off a little growth on my temple simply because it bothered me.  Today should be a pretty laid back day.  Our granddaughter arrived a few minutes ago and she and Pat are headed to Costco.  Pat wants to get there when they open at 10 am so she can get a riding cart to get around in the big store.  We have our Wednesday night dinner at church tonight.

June, the dermatologist was very complimentary on the condition of my skin.  This was the first time to have something frozen off.  It looks awful this morning but know that is temporary.  I never thought about using my nutritional drink in the morning on cereal but what a great idea.  I have eaten the Cheerio's type cereal dry a couple of mornings recently. 

Jenny, it sounds like you had a nice quiet and restful Easter as you dog sat.  Great to read the good report on Joan.  Thanks for being the go-between and keeping us informed on her progress.

deAngel, I hope my doctor never tells me to eat yogurt but suppose I could do so if necessary.  They sure sell a lot of it in the grocery stores. 

Mary Ann, I remember those metal tobacco cans and they would make a good rattle that would be entertaining to a little one. 

Hal, I hope today has found you feeling better than yesterday.  Do you like yogurt?  Did you hear about the man in California yesterday who just randomly shot and killed two or three people? 

Lloyd, I bet your apple pie was delicious.  I have never tried to make a pie but sure have eaten plenty of them.  Pie was my father's favorite sweet. 

Joan, what a nice surprise to see your posting.  We sure miss you and are praying for your recovery, which sounds like is well underway. 

Amy, no wonder your get up and go left you as you wore it would with wood and yard work. 

Sandy, glad you weren't hurt in your fall.  I no longer try to put on my pants unless I am sitting down as I put my feet an legs into the pants.  Sometimes we have to have some humbling experiences to teach us new lessons. 

Mary Ann

Joan, it is so nice to see a post from you.  I hope you continue to feel better and can return to S&F soon.

Sandy, don't feel humiliated, no one saw you.  As you said, it hurt your pride.  Tom doesn't want me to use the steps, especially when he's not here.  I don't know if I'm in worse shape than I think I am OR if I'm in better shape than others think I am.

Mary Ann

halkel

W O W.......Joanie Is back, it was so great to see your post, you have been missed.

Good morning everyone, Hope your day is going well.

Sandy .glad you didn't hurt anything except your pride.  Take care.

I am feeling better this morning, will try some more yogurt this morning.

Everyone have great day.

JaneS

I just got back from breakfast with my high school classmates and we solved all the problems of the world...well at least of our part of the world.  We talked non stop and some were still talking when I left.  It's so nice to have friends that we've known since we were "dumb little kids" together.  I'm always amazed at how smart those "dumb little kids" have become. 

Now I'm going to do a bit of putzing and then grab a nap before I report for my shift at WM.  Enjoy your day, Everyfriend!

Denver

Good morning, EVERYFRIEND! 

So good to see your name pop up, JOANIE!  It is going to be a extra fine day for ALL of us, just knowing that you checked in with us!  Continued thoughts and prayers for you. 

LARRY, great news that your dermatology appointment went very well.  I hope Pat and Jennifer have a good shopping experience at Costco. 

SANDY, so glad you did not hurt yourself in the fall.  It happens so fast! 

AMY, safe travel to and from the city.  Hope all goes well for hubby at the doctors appointment.  Sounds like your friends doggie eats very well. 

Have a great day......especially you, JOAN.  Sure have missed you! 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

larryhanna

Gloria

Good morning everyone, don't know why my sleep pattern is out of wack. One good night's sleep and the next I am awake all night. It was after 5 this morning before I fell asleep. It is cold here this morning,went down to the mid 30's over night and I have the heat on again.

LARRY  more than once I did not have the coffee pot right under the drip part ov the machine and had coffee all over the counter and dripping on the floor. Still have some ginger snaps, I have only one a day to make them last longer. That black room was all done before I got home from work so nothing much I could do about it. My 3 never got into drugs or anything,never had a problem with them so I just went along with them.

JEANNE LEE  if my sons told me what they were going to do I would have said NO but they did it and if they enjoyed it OK.

JENNY  that JL Easter greeting was one of the 2 news ones this year.  I do enjoy watching all her greetings.

GLORIA de  seems like overnight leaves are starting to show up on bushes and some trees. I was looking at the swamp maples in the front and can see a reddish color at the ends of the top branches. Ny dentist is the one who told me that Dannon has the best/more probiotics so that is the only one I buy now.

MARY ANN  the black lights my sons had sure made the freckles on my face look weird.

HAL  hope tiy start feeling more pep and energy.

LLOYD  now that was a nice surprise for Nancy.

JENNY  thank you  for the update about Joan. We all know Joan is a fighter from the way she fought the lung cancer.  Of course our prayers helped, too.

JOAN  oh so wonderful to see you pop up. You are so very missed by all of us.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

JaneS

LARRY, as the newscaster said, "That' INCREDIBLE!"

Shirley

Jenny, you said exactly what I was thinking about seeing Joan's post.... "It is going to be a extra fine day for ALL of us, just knowing that you checked in...."   ... and I will say it again.  Joan, great to see you post & hope you feel up to a few words any time.  You are missed.

Larry, got to admit, your link melted my heart!  Love the dog & Hummer. 

Must get to Sam's Club for a chicken for the cats.  They don't seem as eager to eat it but it is one meal a day for each.  I have to gather them up for rabies shots.... one at a time.  I will put the back seat down to see if I can fit the 2 medium size cages in.  Had a rabies report yesterday, rabid skunk on MY side of town already so must take all 4 in right away.  I haven't seen a skunk around here for a couple years but being on the river, all critters show up sooner or later.  I called the vet last year to see if one of them could come out to give shots to all if I brought them in the RV & parked in back of the place.  Girl on the phone didn't ask, just said "no".  It is quite a chore for me to carry each in, 3 are really heavy plus the carrier.....    gotta run...........

June Drabek

Bis ! You are here !!! Thanks be to God. Our prayers have been heard and answered. I know you have a way to go before you are able to take us on again my darling friend, but we will all be here pulling for you, and calling on God.

Gloria..me too. My sleep pattern has changed. I woke at 2 a.m. and could not go back to sleep so read for a couple hours or more, then dozed off. At six my first med came, I slept again for about an hour, then dragged my self out of bed as I want to go to Bible study at 10. Then the day is mine, except for going down for lunch.

Time to scoot downstairs. Be back later.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

WOW!  Everyfriend must be terribly busy today.  JUNE posted at 12:35 and it's 7:35 and I just heard my voice echo in the Soda Shoppe.  WHERE IS EVERYONE?  I hope you're having such a wonderful day that you forgot the SS was here!

mycheal

Joan,

God's Speed on a good happy recovery and back in the saddle as these folks have gone amuck LOL

Enjoy and do  as instructed and with ease :)

Mycheal

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS well it is a easy day for everyone I guess. so I am going to bid everyone a good Night and sweet dreams , hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Yesterday went well,did a bit of shopping at Costco ,stopped for lunch then headed back home. Today I taking Golden girl for her last check up. I believe everything is now under control and healing.

Loons are calling back and forth across the lakes this morning.....so nice to hear!!

Shirley, can a vet tech not help you bring the cats in? I know here even the vet will go to your vehicle.

Larry, thank you ,amazing video!

Sandy, thankfully you did not break any bones!!!Hope your not sore today from your fall.

Gloria, I find lately the days I can sleep in ,I don't and the days I need to be up and out the door I want to sleep in till the cows come home.

Better get a move on...

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's rained part of the night because everything is wet out there.  And it's supposed to rain part of the day today.  The only thigs on my agenda are to swing by the ATM at the bank and see if there's any money sticking out of the slot.  I suppose I better insert my card first and punch some random buttons before I check. 

Then I have to pick up Kiran after school and drop off my trash at the dumpster.  But before that, I'll have to clean up the yard.  I guess it's not going to be such a slow day after all.  Maybe I'll take the stuff out of the freezer for stir fry.  Or out of the cupboard for crock pot.  Decisions, decisions....I'm sure glad they're not life and deaths ones.  I'm afraid someone would suffer.  I just don't feel decisive today. 

Have a good day Everyfriend and let us know what your're up to.