Random Image

carshow8.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe 5-29-17

Started by Jeanne Lee, May 29, 2017, 08:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gloria

Good morning everyone, got the shots in my back yesterday  and now about all I can feel is where the needle went in but the back feels a bit better this morning. Going to get cloudy later and by tomorrow the humidity will be back again. Better go outside to enjoy this weather while I can.

LLOYD  I was thinking about the apple being good for food, the seeds are not food but can grow more trees.

LARRY  math was never my forte but if I had to learn or teach someone today's math I would give up. My CNA was trying to help her daughter with it and gave up.

HAL  you and I must have the same thoughts about Joan. When she was in the hospital Joe  posted in Facebook and Jenny  let us know what he said. No news this long is a big worry.

LLOYD  love what your granddaughter said “our granddaughter once said the man is the head as the bible says but the females is the neck that tells it which way it can turn. â€œ

JANE  so sad for Amy and her husband. She is such a hard worker she does not need anymore problems and he has been through so much already.

AMY  thoughts and prayers for your hubby and you,

JOAN HOORAY  so very good to see you at last. You know we all worry when we do not hear especially from you. Just a Hello from you and we will know you are OK.

AMY  just when you thought your many trips into town would be less you are back on the road again. Hugs and prayers for your DH and you.

JOAN  your apartment sounds wonderful. Glad you have more than 2 windows, that is what I have, 2 windows overlooking the parking lot. What floor are you on? I know it is a big change after living in your own home for so many years. So great seeing you here again.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Joy

Good morning, Joan and all who follow.

Joan, it is just so good to hear from you and it sure sounds like you are getting settled in your new place and it sounds so nice.   It seems just like the "old" days with you back to your "old" self.   Now don't think I am referring to you as "old".  Just seems like the good old times now with you sounding  just like you used to.

Sounds like you are feeling well and able to start enjoying all your new surroundings.  So happy that you are close by your family now.  I  am sure you will get lots of TLC from them. 

Not such a very pretty morning here in Central Maryland, and off and on rain is predicted.  At least, it is not supposed to be that hot for a few days.  And, we do need the rain for the farmers.  Produce is very slow coming as we had so much rain in May, that the farmers were late getting in their crops.  I went to the Farmers Market on Sat. and about the only thing there was a lot of,  was all kinds of greens.  Too early for corn, cucumbers  and tomatoes.  But, they will be coming soon.

Do hope Amy will get some good news about her husband today.

Have a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I seen JaneS first this morning. but then seen several More. It is good to see everyone with smiling faces. it was very to see our lovely Bis posting two days in a row. I slept in late today with a short brake getting a drink of water about 2:30 AM . I hope up for all day now, have lot to do getting ready to make hay for the next several days. Have a great day today just the way you like It. see you all later and thanks for the good wishes for health for everyone.

Lloyd

Jeanne Lee

Joan, what a happy, newsy post about your new apartment.  It sounds as though you're getting nicely settled in.  :thumbup:   

Amy, I'm so sorry to see that your DH is back in the hospital for a few days.  I remember well the stress of days of having my husband back and forth between hospital and home.  I'll be praying for his healing and for special strength for you.

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Jeanne Lee

I don't know whether Lloyd wants to make us envious or hungry or what, but get a load of this picture of his produce:

http://www.seniorsandfriends.org/modspace/MemberPhotos/Lloyd/Lloyd-tomato.jpg

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Kinda in a hurry, on the way out for PT.

I see Amy didn't post this morning.  Hope everything is going well with her and DH.

Talk to you when I get back.

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee, the url did not work for me.  I tried copying it without the "url" and it still did not work.

Joan, it was nice to hear from you this morning.  Your apartment sounds very nice and I see you have all the conveniences of home so you won't have to send out for many services, if any.  I am happy you are near your family.

Are you now in the Central Time Zone? 

I hope we hear from Amy soon.

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee

Mary Ann, I fixed it.   :(

Mary Ann

Thanks, Jeanne Lee, what a beautiful tomato.  Lloyd certainly has the "know how".

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi everyone. The day has started overcast and we have a good opportunity for more rain this afternoon.  Late yesterday afternoon and then again last night we had we had over an inch of rain.  The housekeeper will be here this morning.  I have nothing special on my agenda for today.  Pat is getting a haircut this morning.

Mary Ann, I agree that teachers obviously couldn't spend very long on ancient history and that would likely come in a University course in Humanities, if that is still required.  I found the two semesters of Humanities probably the most enriching education of my life as had a great teacher and was exposed to ancient history, art and music. 

deAngel, sorry you had to miss your Red Hat meeting. 

Jane, thanks for letting us know about Amy's husband.  Amy really has her hands full and he has certainly had more than his share of problems.  Let's pray it isn't a stroke. 

Joan, so glad to see your posting and as you can see we all have been concerned about you.  You certainly didn't bore me with the details of your new place.  It sounds delightful and so glad the food is delicious and now you don't have to worry about cooking for yourself.  It sounds like you location is a good one and having windows and lots of light is good for our moods. 

Jeanne, we have found when we recognize we need something from the grocery we had better make a not of it at the time or it often doesn't make it to the order. 

Callie, you are wise to be leary of area rugs.  We have one at our front door and in front of our sink in the bathroom but for awhile we took the ones in front of the sinks up as Pat doesn't lift her feet very well when she walks and she sure doesn't need to fall nor do I. 

Amy, it sounds like being in the hospital is the place your husband needs to be.  Thanks for posting.  Being with someone in the hospital is really tiring.  Just walking those long hospital corridors can be exhausting, at least to me. 

Joy, it is nice to have a day with low humidity. That is a rarity in South Carolina it seems. 

June, my mother use to use the salt water approach for sore throats. 

Gloria, hope the shots this time bring you relief. 

Lloyd, do you have someone bale the hay for you?  That is a beautiful tomato that Jeanne posted for you.

Joy

Lloyd,  that is a beautiful tomato !  I am so hungry waiting for our local tomatoes to come in.   Nothing like a good home grown tomato sandwich with mayo on white bread.

Jeanne Lee,  thanks for posting the link for Lloyd.

Joy
BIG BOX

June Drabek

Good Morning our Beautiful Bis !!!!!!! What a huge pleasure to see your face and read your informative words on the new Apt/Home. I am in a U shaped building too, but not on the end, unfortunately. Your place sounds huge compared to mine, and I am so happy for you Bis. Kate sounds like a wonderful DI love. and now you are surrounded by a loving family, which is as it should be.I just have windows on the east side, but it is a whole wall so I see a great deal. Now it is time to just relax and keep healing dear heart. You have been through a great deal of trauma recently. God grant you a pleasant healing. Hugs !!!!!!

Janie, you sound very "Up and Attem' this morning. Thanks be to God. Have a good one !!!!!!

My housekeeper has been in and changed the linens, and will be back to finish the deep cleaning later. She follows a pattern of doing all the apts. linen work first, then comes back to continue on  with cleaning us. When she arrives next, I will depart and go sit in the lounge to stay out of her way. When I first moved here, I was sick in bed on cleaning day, so just stayed in my bed and let her work around me.

So, I had better clean off my desk so she can dust properly. Will see you all later.

As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Well, that's more like it!  The echo is gone and you've all had a lovely chat with one another.  I've read all the comments, checked out Lloyd's tomato, took a tour of Joanie's apartment, had my lunch and gave the fur kids a snack and now I'm ready to check the sofa for zzzzs.  I had such a lovely day yesterday that I think it spilled over into today.

I hope Amy pops in with some good news later on.  She sure deserves good things to happen.

I'm off!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lindancer

Good afternoon, on a very cool rainy day. I had a good sleep last night, but still feel very tired.

Sore throat is better, but still coughing.

Taffy, is setting right here watching me on the PC.Have a big bruise on my arm, which if I explain.  No one will believe me. Taffy was setting on the desk, watching me write check.  A loud noise went off, she went to jump off the desk to hide, but instead she started to fall off, some how her back claw hit my arm. Not many cats can fall off a desk.

Joan, you made our day, seeing you posting. Your apartment sounds like you will be happy there.  I know I need a lot of windows, that was a setting point on this Mobile, it has windows on every wall. Here in my living room, I have 4 and 2 are extra wide.

Amy, I am so sorry to read about your husband fall. Again prays and thought our with you.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

June Drabek

Housekeeper has been in and out, and I'm all spic and span again. I really have a "good" girl, and I do my best to make it easier by tucking things away in cupboards and drawers.

Our weather is warming up, 87 for a high today. Probably in the 90's for Hemet..I haven't checked them out yet.

halkel

Well I'm back from PT, had a little something to eat and kicked back in my recliner for a little while.  Our cleaning lady was here this morning so everything is spic and span.  Suppose to get to 105 on the heat index this afternoon, of course that isn't the true temp but the news media loves to hype the big numbers, true temp will be more like 95.

Still no Amy.  I hope things are going well at the hospital.  I am sure she will post tonite after she gets back home and catch us up.

The therapist did her job this morning.  She worked me out good and I was tired when she finished.  She warned me I may be sore for a couple of days.  I ask her if the mileage on the stationary bike was accurate or just a guesstimate, she laughed and said I think it is just a guesstimate, it showed I rode almost a mile and half in eight minutes.... ;D

Lloyd nice looking tomato, how much you getting a pound for those?  I would love to sink my teeth into a vine ripe, firm tasty tomato. Icy cold.

Janie,did you get your light fixed?

June Drabek

I had a really lazy day today. Just felt like I needed a "time out", so I took it. Lots of reading and dozing. I can't believe that we are finishing another week.

JaneS

I've had a note from Amy.  She spent the day at the hospital and her hubby is on medications to treat the fluids around his heart.  She's very tired and going to bed early but her son and DILove did join her today. So she has some support.  Keep the prayers going!

I'm off to bed also...Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

Lloyd Hammond

Thanks for all the comment's on the tomato.It was the second but the opossums got the first one before it was quite ripe , but I got them. the won't bother no more in this world. well it is time I bid you all good night and sweet dreams.
Jane thanks for the up date on Amy's husband.I am sure all of us has them in our prayers. Hop to see you all tomorrow. and a special thanks to  Jeanne Lee for the help I could not get things in my head to post it.

Lloyd

halkel

Janie, thanks for the update on Amy's hubby.  I know she must be worn out.

Nite Lloyd and everyone else.

June Drabek

I am in to say a Good Night also. Prayers always for Amy and her good husband, and all the rest of our Cyber family here. God is always listening. My Love to you all. June

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I have a couple of errands to do today that will take me away from home for a bit.  I wish you all a good day.  Spend your hours in God's care.

JoanFL

Good morning Everyfriend.

Janie--I am trying to get used to Central time. I hope you get your errands completed.

I continue to pray for Amy and her sick husband

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well I am getting into the habit of sleeping in. just one nature call a drink of water and back to bed. we got 1" & .1 still cloudy and calling for more. if the rain doesn't rain it out, I have a 3 hour job this evening Pays $100.00. the job is tilling the Armenian for the barrel racing. have a great day everyone. hope to see you all again after while.

Lloyd

Joy

Good morning,  Joan.    You don't know just how nice it is to see you,  especially early in the morning.   I know you are used to posting your morning message a lot earlier, but  it sure is so good to have you back, no matter what time it is.

Hope Amy's husband is doing a lot  better this morning.  Will be nice to hear from her today.

Jane, enjoy your day,  inspite of having errands to do.  Hope they are enjoyable errands. 

Hope all the friends will have a good day and a great week end.

Joy
BIG BOX

Gloria

Good morning everyone, once again we had rain, not much here but even parts of I 95 were flooded. That was at rush hour. They showed on TV a 5 mile back up  there because the cars could not get through the water. Lot of unhappy commuters there. Just heard on TV more than 2 inches of rain fell  in places.

JEANNE LEE  thanks for Lloyd's photo.

LLOYD  now you have my mouth watering for a nice fresh tomato. I never seem to get enough of them when they are in season. Impossible to get any that taste like that in any store.

HAL hope you felt better after PT yesterday.

LARRY  we had some rain in this area late yesterday and this morning it is foggy. The usual areas had flooding with the downpours yesterday. The pain is much less this morning, will see how long it lasts. Not taking pain pills would make me very happy.

JOY  tomato plants here are just getting started, not even any blossoms yet. Near the end of May is planting time here.

JANE  thanks for relaying Amy's message. Prayers do not stop here.

JOAN  must be hard getting used to a different time zone. I know when I visited my daughter in CA. I  was messed up. Now in Arizona where they do not change the time she is 3 hours behind and later in the year she will be 2 hours behind the east coast. Great seeing you here again this morning.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It is going to be another hot and humid day with still some chance of more rain this afternoon.  We did have another nice gentle rain for 30 minutes or so yesterday afternoon.  When I came to my office this morning my computer was locked up.  I knew Microsoft was going to install the latest update last night and it apparently has done a number on my computer.  I have turned off the power and back on several times without effect.  So I am using my Chromebook this morning.  I don't have much on the schedule today.  I will attend a Saturday morning meeting in a little while and later this afternoon tune in on the golf match.  Many of the world's best golfers did not make the cut to continue to play this weekend, including the World's number one ranked player.

Late last night I had a text from my good friend saying that his wife Pam's surgery had resulted in a finding that the growth was not cancer as two doctors were 98% sure it was.  Prayer certainly does work as that is wonderful news. 

deAngel, it sounds like Taffy has a special talent falling off the desk.  :)  Glad to read your sore throat was better yesterday and hope it is even better today.

June, it is a nice feeling to have everything spic and span again.  Yesterday was the same for us as the housekeeper was here all morning.  Hal, I see your house is spic and span as well.  Now we have to get busy and mess them up again so the housekeeper will have something to do on her next visit. 

Hal, it sounds like you are doing well with your PT and sure hope it is helpful to you.  I know a lot of people do benefit from it.

Jane, thanks for sharing the info from Amy regarding her husband.  That fluid around the heart can do a number on a person. I saw that happen to my dad a couple of times.  One of the tests they do remotely on my pacemaker defibrillator is to check for fluid around my heart.  So far so good. 

Joan, we were born and raised in Missouri and when we moved to the Eastern Time Zone it was quite an adjustment.  Of course, I have gotten use to it.  I know you have lived in the Central Time Zone in Arkansas so you knew what to expect. 

Lloyd, is the tilling you are doing at a horse show rink?  Our little towns claim to fame was an annual three day horse show. They had a horse pulling contest, quarter horse competitions and the final night had the 3 and 5 gaited horses with some events ridden and some driving the buggies.  That was my favorite night.  There was always an organ playing that last night and when they told the horses to "rack on" which is a fast speed it always upped the tempo.  Great memories.  The last I heard the Horse Show is still being held.

Joy, I hope you have a lovely weekend along with all of our friends here in the Soda Shoppe. 

Gloria, glad to see you have another day of less day and sure hope there will be many more for you.   

June Drabek

HI BIS !!!!! OOOO that feels so good !!!!

Hal, I am laughing my head off about the little one that didn't want to say Happy Fathers day !

Lloyd Hammond

well up date. yes it was a youth horse event, but the rain too much made the arena to muddy. the event has been canceled for now. not too much rain just tor the horse show, the rain was a blessing. we were getting very dry here.
God knows what he is doing whether or not we think. about the weather I am sure he is a better judge than us.
Hal that little girl had it figured out not knowing it.

Lloyd