Random Image

Halloween Fi 1

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:45:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe June 18, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, June 18, 2017, 10:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeanne Lee

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Jeanne Lee

"So, what's the matter?" asked one woman of her friend over coffee.  "I thought you just got back from a nice relaxing fishing trip with your husband."

"Oh, everything went wrong," the second woman answered.

"First, he said I talked so loud I would scare the fish.

Then he said I was using the wrong bait; and then that I was reeling in too soon.

"All that might have been all right; but to make matters worse, I ended up catching the most fish!"

Gloria

Good morning again, got a few hours sleep at last. Another gloomy day here, very humid.

JEANNE LEE  like your Father's day graphic. Where is everyone this morning? Hope everyone is OK.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee, I like your graphic and also the joke.

Mary Ann

CallieOK

Good Morning,

It may take a while for everyone to find our new Shoppe.

Amy,  prayers continue for your husband....and for you.

Shirley,  I'm so sorry about LaurenKat.  Perhaps she knew she was in your favorite spot.

Jane,  a few months ago, I missed church for the very same reason.  My car lights automatically go off IF they're on the right setting.  I didn't realize they weren't so got out and went in the house as usual..... and, of course, the battery ran down.  Unfortunately,  I had to get a new one.

Because of taking meds and the tile project,  I haven't been to church all month.  Planning to get there today.  May have to take an ID.   ;)

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Jeanne Lee

I wish I could claim that Father's Day graphic, but it's another winner by Phyllis.   :thumbup:

Carol

Happy Fathers Day.  Two of the boys and our daughter treated Don yesterday and our other son and one grandson are treating him to pizza tonight.  A nice weekend for visiting.

Gloria de:  Here is hoping you are over the respiratory problem today. 

Jenny:  Wishing you the best on your eye concerns. 

Amy:  Best to you and your husband on his healing. 

I am going to check into the Amazon delivery service and see if our zip code is included at this time.  We use Sprouts (a fresh veggie and meat store and they are included now in that service).  Times are 'a-changing.  I don't care for everything online - especially would want to try on clothes or shoes.  Unless I buy a certain brand and get my exact size.  But - I cannot stop worrying about the people who will lose their jobs - and the effect of small towns losing their grocery stores (like eastern Colorado). 

This has been a week of recovery for me - just having tests and being "put under" caused several days of recuperation.  Do you think you lose brain cells every time you are drugged? 

Thanks JEANNE LEE for putting up Phyllis's graphics.  Such a talent!

JOAN:   :hb2:

JaneS

WHEW! There you are!  I thought I lost you!  I came and read and there was no reply button so I paniced and pressed evrything in sight.  I have no idea what brought me here but here I am.

My car is in working order again.  My daughter stopped by and when she parked next to me she noticed the jumper cables.  When she came in, she said "Are you having battery problems?"  When I told her it was dead and needs a jump, she asked me if I know how to use the cables.  Since I've only watched th process in the past I told her "NO".  But while we talked, I thought about my good neighbor across the street.  I called him, he came over and now I not only have wheels, I have a live battery to drive them. 

And I think I heard a rumble of thunder off in the distance.  It is supposed to rain this afternoon and I really didn't want my car sitting in a thunderstorm with all 4 windows wide open.

I hope all you Daddies are having a happy Daddy's Day!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Happy Fathers Day to all you good guys that post here in the Soda Shoppe and other places where I find you. I thought I had been in before I left for Church...but that's me....don't know where I have been or where I am going, but you fellows that post here are the greatest. Thank you, and may your offspring be all and more as great as you are.

We had a very good Church Service, then I came home and put on comfortable clothing, I am becoming more of a slouch than I ever thought I would be, but I am happy with my comfort and no  need to try and impress anyone.

We are having special "eats" for Frs. Day...baked pork ribs, baked potato, and more good stuff, so I will enjoy the Frs. Day holiday. And I pray all you good guys will do the same.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

I got the following note by email from Amy...

"Today showed some improvement but there is still room for more. He is not good on his feet yet and I am looking into a rollator for him. He has a good appetite thank goodness :) Dr said a couple of more days but we shall see.
It is 1 1/2 hours drive one way and yes I do drive each day. Today I took in photos of the dogs and taped it on his wall . Everyone commented on the dogs and telling him of their pets.

They had him in a wheel chair and we took him for a stroll about the hospital plus they had him up walking bit but as I said he is not good on his feet yet.
I am as you say all in but my shoe laces tonight so off to bed"

It's an hour and a half one way to the hospital and that a lot of driving to do in one day and then she spends most of the day at the hospital.  Keep the prayers going!

Good night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

June Drabek

Janie dear, thank you for the update on Amy's beloved. And thank you Amy. We care.

I am off to an early bed. Had a quiet day. Lunch was good, but very rich sauce on the ribs. My gut is not used to that.

Have a peaceful God Blessed night dear hearts. I love you all SO much. June

Joy

Shirley,  I sent you a private message with the recipe for the Danish pastries made from the crescent rolls. 

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

well we had a good day. I watch several good Hallmark movies. and the oldest daughter called offering to take us out to lunch. but we declined getting them to come over, we had plenty food already fixed, Nancy dose good job of planning ahead so she dose not have to cook on any Sunday. so we had a good visit. well it is time we bid you all a good night and sweet dreams. I have a 8:00 A M appointment at  V A in the morning. hope to see you all later tomorrow,

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

1/4 after 4 and all of you are asleep yet. I slept through with only one Nature call, 59 º and clear shooting for 82 º today. see you all later.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Today is going to be another hot one...up into the low 90s but we are expecting more rain.  We had thundershowers last night and I had two terrified doggies.  I wonder what they they all that booming noise is. 

My Cleaning Dynamo comes this morning and I have an appointment at 12:30 so I'll have to get my shower and get dressed before she comes.  As soon as the doggies are fed, I'll be doing that.  We are also supposed to have more rain today and I really hope it isn't accompanied by thuner and lightning because I probably won't be home yet and the doggies won't know what to do.

Have to go.  one of my beepers has gone off and it's time to do something.  I wonder what?  I hope you all have a great day!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, looks like I have posts to catch up on. Going to be a busy morning. I ordered groceries a couple of days ago and they were just delivered,  not even 7am. I needed some of the items and Monday the only time that was open was 7 to 9 am. My CNA can put most away when she gets here. Then I have a nurse from my insurance coming while she is here. I set my alarm last night to make sure I would be up and ready for the delivery but as usual I did not sleep good, afraid I would sleep through the alarm. I have never heard this alarm go off, only had it about 2 years.

JOY  I love Danish, how do you make them with the crescent rolls?

LLOYD  not too warm this morning but the humidity is horrible.

SHIRLEY  that typewriter must have been older than the ones in class when I was in junior high school. I could not resist that card. Like you I hate to get rid of things that to me are valuable but my sons would think are junk. My daughter will keep some of my treasures, already sent her some and they are on display in her new home. I feel sad for you and LaurenKat. If she was acting different she most likely knew what she was doing.

JANE  you are not the first who had a dead battery for leaving lights on, I know one person who did not close the trunk right and the light inside was on and drained the battery. Thanks for the news from Amy. I have her and her hubby in my prayers. I worry about her and all that driving she does.

LARRY  I had heard of swamp coolers before and my daughter said it really helps. At times it is not on but the wind blowing in the window turns the fan and that brings in cooler air. The JacquieLawson cards fascinate me, she has a wonderful talented group working with her. Well worth the cost of joining.

JEANNE LEE  I usually look for the name on graphics and this time I did not. She always does great work and so did you when you were into PSP. P fee; bad that I cannot do any with this PC. I think I should start saving my pennies and get a different one. This was the most expensive one I bought and it is not even 2 years yet. The last one I bought at BJ's club and was the cheapest one they had. Worked good but I needed more memory and space on the hard drive.

PHYLLIS  you do have the talent for PSP and I still remember how you said you would never be able to catch on to it when you first started. I feel bad that I cannot and now Bubble is the only one keeping that forum going. There used to be many of us before.

JANE  glad your "wheels" are on the road again. We have thunderstorms in the forecast for late day.

AMY  I am happy with my rollator. I bought mine before I really needed one and  now I depend on it for every step I take.

CAROL  my daughter yesterday was saying she misses Sprouts, that is where she bought all her produce in Ca. She has not found a market yet that can compare with them.

JOAN  hope you are having a good day and are already meeting those who will be your new friends.

Have a great day everyone.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

Thank you, Jeanne Lee.  And thanks to all of you for your nice words.

Gloria, I remember, too, that PSP was something I thought I would never learn but finally it made sense and I enjoyed it for several years.  I went on to Photoshop and learned that and enjoyed it, too.  Now I don't do any of it....I think I used up my small portion of creativity.

Yesterday was quiet.  I had a nice long phone visit with my younger son and dil.  They have just been back a few days from Denmark and a week's cruise through the fjords.  They said it was beautiful, the weather was good for most of the time, and they really enjoyed it.  The rest of the day I spent watching the U.S. Open.  Beautiful golf course up in Wisconsin.  It was enjoyable to see the wide open skies again.

I hope Amy's husband is doing well and will be able to come home soon.  It is a wise decision to get a Rollator for him.  I don't know what I would do without mine.

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Mary Ann

Amy, it is good to hear that your husband is making some progress and the Rollator should help him get around.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi everyone. It looks like it is going to be another overcast, cloudy day with highs in the 90's again as it has been the last several days. It looks like we will be having some rain over the next several days.  I did remember to turn off my sprinkler system late last evening.  I have no plans to leave the house today other than to get the mail.  Pat just left for a doctor's appointment.  She slept in a little later than usual so I fixed her breakfast to give her a little more time before she has to leave. 

I am dealing with Internet problems this morning and pretty certain my hard drive on my big desktop computer has failed.  I have an old computer that I am going to try to use but for some reason it doesn't want to find the Internet.  I am using Pat's computer to download the Windows 10 software and sure hope I have the license number recorded for my desktop somewhere as will need it to install Windows 10 on a new disk. 

After church yesterday it was so hot out we decided to get a fried chicken dinner for Pat and I still have half of my lunch from Saturday for my Sunday meal. 

Thank you all for the nice Father's Day wishes.

Lloyd, is your friend Bob a lineman for the electric company? Hope you have a good appointment at the VA this morning. 

Jeanne,  thanks for the new start for the Soda Shoppe and thanks Phyllis for the nice graphic that was available to Jeanne to share with us.  Thanks for the funny. 

Callie, hope you made it to church and that means you are feeling better. 

Carol, it will be awhile before the Amazon grocery delivery will be available in our small area.  We will have to settle for the Walmart and Kroger pickup online ordering for now. So far we have no home delivery from a grocery store but hopefully by the time we can't drive anymore that will be available.  I expect we do lose a few brain cells every time we take a pill but fortunately there are so many brain cells.

Jane, glad your wheels are working again and you are not stranded at home.  Thanks for sharing Amy's update.  She certainly has her hands full and that is a long trip back and forth to the hospital.  Glad to see her husband is making some improvement.  I heard thunder hear last night but not sure it produced any rain and if it did it was a slight amount.

June, that sounded like a delicious meal they served for Father's Day in your dining room. 

Gloria, that is a very early grocery delivery.  Sprouts grocery store opened over where we came from perhaps a year before we left.  Their specials were good in price and quality but their other items were pretty expensive so we didn't do much shopping there, mainly produce.

Phyllis, that would be a very nice cruise your son and DIL took. 

Lloyd Hammond

yes he is Larry. normally night trouble shooter and repair man.

Lloyd

CallieOK

Merry Monday, Everyfriend.

Larry, thank you for the kind comments.  I've felt just fine since that 5-day mega-med experience.  Now that household things are back to normal,  I think I am, too.

I did get to church and 5 OTL ladies enjoyed some good conversation.  As usual,  we settled all the problems.....of our little part of the world, anyway.   Now if The Powers That Be would just ask our opinion..... :2funny:

A cool front went through Saturday night and the temperature is very pleasant.   My flowers look great but I did spy a rabbit nibbling on some leaves and had to spray with the stinky stuff.   

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

June Drabek

I woke at five a.m. so just lay there and relaxed till the nurse came at six with BP check and first medication.I felt really good today, so got a few things taken care of..even had  a walk and returned a book, and checked out another one. Now it is getting close to lunch time, and my eyes are begging to take a nap. No way.....that will happen after lunch.

I hope Amy has a good day..no fun driving one and a half hours each way. I know that for a fact as I did the same with my guy. He was hospitalized for six weeks. When he came home we changed medical insurance that covered our area for hospitalization.

Larry, your little lady is very wise to prepare food ahead of time so her Sunday's are free. Good thinking ! I still have three pork riblets in my refrigerator from Frs. Day lunch, but I thing I will toss them in tomorrows trash. Just too rich for my ancient stomach. There was a day I could eat anything and plenty of it.then age came along, and said "whoa !"

We here at Rowntree are celebrating Hawaii this week..or maybe all month, I'm not sure, and I don't know why, but we always have something new to keep us happy. So after lunch today they will be showing a movie "Moana" on the big screen. If I can stay awake, I may attend.

We are expecting a high of 87 today. Nice.

Have a happy day my dear friends. Hugs !!!

Lindancer

Good afternoon. we are suppose to have a strong storm this afternoon, with flooding and very windy.  the sun is shinning now, but quiet breezy.

Jane, I was not able to post in here yesterday, as I also had no reply button to hit. No trouble in any of the other post. thanks for letting us know about Amy's husband. We are still praying for both of them.

My sore throat is gone, it lasted three days., but I still am coughing.

thinking of Joan.

Gloria according to the weather map you are in for some bad weather.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Sandy

Good Afternoon, Everyone!!

Been Sunny today and warm,   but lot's of rain is on the way!

All is well here on the rocky coast of Maine...

Sandy

:wave2:

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Carol

We both bought our fishing licenses today.  It has been free for years and now they need a dollar per year for seniors.  Am not complaining at all.  I have cooking and freezing on the agenda as we will be going to visit oldest son's cabin later.  First, I have to wait to get into the dentist - a temporary cap came off. 

Larry:  Amazon won't be delivering in our zip code when it begins. 

Gloria:  Sprouts is within ten minutes drive of us but they will be affiliated with Amazon.  I really don't know if the Sprouts store will stay open - perhaps for a time. 

JaneS

Hello Everyfriend!  I've had a long, busy and lovely day.  I had an appointment at my choiropractor and so did my sister.  Her daughter brought her and I waited after my appointment and we ( my sister, my niece and I went to an early supper before they headed home.  I always enjoy my visits with my sister and having my niece along was a very nice plus.

Since the chiropractor is about a half hour drive away, I'm a bit tired now.  I think I'll put some things away and thenget in my lounging clothes and LOUNGE! 

I hope you all have a lovely evening. 

Lloyd Hammond

Sandy I have a lot of friends , but I have two that are as different as daylight and dark. one dose something for you. you say how much do I owe you
( NOTHING ) never will take a dime, I do the same for him we never change any money , even give material things back and forth. the other is on the fence or off and some times we change words. that is the difference of true and hot and cold. currant weather is 81 º and full sun. Have a great rest of the day.

Lloyd

halkel

Just checking in, be back later

June Drabek

According to my weather map we never reached 87 degrees today, but my A/C has been running almost constantly since noon.

Sandy and Gloria de, how I would love to have some of your rain storms. We are so dry out here. I ate lunch out on the big patio today and it was so pleasant out there. Had a cup of turkey noodle soup, a green salad, v8 juice, and a huge slice of pizza.Pudding for dessert. I will have a light supper at home. Spent the afternoon reading and dozing. Morning seems to be my most alert time of the day. One of the mysteries of aging I guess.

halkel

Well I am back but not for long.  My PT is really taking it's toll on me.  I have simply run out of energy it seems.  The therapist put me through my paces in the pool today and added a few exercises.  Some squats, and leg stretches.  Tomorrow I have my PT in the gym and I may have to cut it short if I am still short of energy.

It was a little cooler here today and we have some very small showers come through the area late this afternoon, one got close to us.  It got very dark but no moisture.

Shame about the young man the N. Koreans sent us back, brain dead.  I feel so sorry for his parents.  What ever possessed him to try stealing a stupid poster.

Everyone have a great night, God bless and sweetdreams.