Random Image

Parade-10.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe July 4, 2017

Started by Jeanne Lee, July 04, 2017, 04:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Well can you stand a little good news?

Trustees project biggest Social Security increase in years

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/trustees-project-biggest-social-security-increase-years-194608724.html

and no increase in Medicare, so the article says.

Well, back to the pool for me this morning and I need the warm water.  The lady yesterday worked my old legs out good and proper.  They are sore as can be. 

Not much going on here, cleaning lady coming this morning.  So she will dust and vacuum and all her usual things.  Then she will go to my daughters house and clean there.  I watched a show on the Queen and Diana's death and the turbulence that it cause in England.  Seem lots of tradition was trampled on to satisfy the newspapers and populace. 

Coffee is ready.

June Drabek

I didn't know what to have for breakfast, so I'm eating a big banana. Housekeeper has been in so I have all fresh linens for the week. She will return later for the "deep" cleaning and I will get out of her way.

Hal, It sounds like your therapist is getting those muscles back in shape for you. Hopefully todays water swim will loosen things up. The news is great for those folks on Social Security, every little bit helps. I wonder why there were those three years with no raise at all.

I have piled up all my desk junk so my girl can dust thing off, now I need to clear the kitchen counter, and get myself out of here. I'm going down to the coffee bar to see if they left any goodies behind. My banana needs company in there. See you later.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

larryhanna

Hi everyone. It looks like we are headed to a 95 degree sunny day.  I got up early this morning and headed to the lab to get blood drawn in preparation for a routine visit to the GP a week from today.  I knew I needed to do it fasting so wanted to go early and was back home by 8:30.  The housekeeper arrived a few minutes ago so a clean house is once again on its way.  We plan on going out to eat today for our main meal as we often do the day the house is cleaned.  We haven't been out to eat all week. 

I had planned to meet a group of men friends, from where I had lived, in Greensboro, Georgia today.  I realized yesterday that I just am not feeling like making a 2 1/2 hour round trip as have been very weary all week.  So yesterday I called and cancelled out for now.  So other than eating out later today I plan on a quiet and restful day.

Mary Ann, you are not alone having high humidity.  I was glad that email came early today rather than late in the afternoon as it usually does when it always is hotter. 

Jane,too bad you have to wait until Monday to see the dentist. Sure hope the tooth doesn't start aching these next three days. 

Gloria, I bet if you let someone you know that you needed help in cutting up the meat they would be glad to help you.  I know I sure would be happy if someone asked me to help them.  We have very small lots in our neighborhood but it hasn't been any problem and I love this small lot. 

Patricia, thanks for posting the link to the rainbow picture. 

June, you are indeed blessed with a loving family.  Hope you got rested up yesterday with your day off.

Hal, recent shot for numbing at the dentist have been almost painless as they numb as they go and start with a spray. 

Amy, 48 hours is doable on the Holder Monitor. 

Lloyd, cool doesn't seem to apply to anything in the 90's as that is hot weather in Missouri.  I like Amy's 72 degrees better.  The South Carolina peaches are not as good this year due to the bad freeze we had here at the wrong time in the spring.  We haven't had any of them yet this year.  I really like stuffed peppers.

Jenny, I have always enjoyed looking at homes for sale.  I had a year to look after I retired as we knew we would be selling the big house we lived in to go to a retirement home.  Are you looking for your son are you all looking to move.  I read that article and saw the picture about the monsoon and its impact on the son's golf course.  That sod pulled up like that was really something.  Cottonwoods must have shallow roots.  I was happy to read the course would be opened the following day.

Hal, that was good news about the possible increase in the COLA.   

Lloyd Hammond

Larry they tell me the same sad stories everywhere this year. but if I can get Nancy to go back to the auction after the eagle fly's this month we are going to get more peaches. we may have over did it with the cucumbers .also we never bought enough dill seed at the Amish story. had to go to the local store and get some more and it cost $1.00 per 1 oz. there. most likely all the dill pickles here for this year. will make more relish out of the rest.it is good for many uses and will keep. Have a great day. our rain was .4" last evening. will help the gars.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Larry, I am happy that you listen to your body. It was wise to cancel that long trip. My day off seemed to do me very well. I just came home from a sing-along with our red hatters. A very Patriotic one indeed, and it was most enjoyable.

We are supposed to have a high of 82 today, but my apt. feels a lot hotter than that. I am going to shop for an indoor thermometer, just to appease my curiosity. My next door neighbor has had her A/C running for several hours already.

Denver

A good late afternoon HELLO.

I have really been busy today getting a lot accomplished.  Proud of myself, but the truth is I am about ready to drop.  I am no Jane or Amy when it comes to REAL work! 

LARRY, we were out looking at homes for Brian, but you know it is rather easy to fine ones self thinking about themselves.  We saw a couple of ranch homes that I really did like.  Bob says we have way too much to give up regarding our location if we were to do something like this.  I am sure he is right.  I think you made a wise decision to not make that long trip today..

Brian continues to wait to hear back from the owner /agent that owns the home he has put a offer in on.  This is a sellers market for sure....many of the type homes he has looked at have sold for as much as 50K over their asking price.  That is just ridiculous. Austin was also a tough market when he moved there, but things have settled down there.  This Denver market is just a nightmare. 

HAL, thank you for sharing the article on SS. 

JANE, happy to read that you enjoyed spending time with your granddaughter and her hubby. 

JUNE, my life long friend is in Tumicula right now attending her granddaughters wedding.  I told her she was in for a treat as it is a lovely are.

It has clouded over and now there is thunder...
Maybe we are going to get some rain? 

I wish you all a pleasant night and hope you all enjoy the start to your weekend.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

I put in for Tuesday off because I don't know how fast I'll recover from having the two teeth extracted on Monday.  Today, my supervisor called to ask if I could come in tomorrow morning and do a 4 hour shift for her to help out with coverage.  I said I can.  So tomorrow kind of makes up for losing Tuesday. 

It's hot here today and it's supposed to rain more later tonight. 

I'm kind of tired tonight so I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight since I'll be working tomorrow. 

Jenny, I hope you find the perfect house for you son and I hope you decide that you already live in the perfect home for yourselves.  I would really hate to have to move again and I'm betting you wouldn't like it much either.

I hope you all enjoy what's left of your day.  Do what you love best!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Signing in to say goodnight...

We had a great day today. Janie scalloped potatoes it was. along with all the other fixins. We had part of the highway wash out due to a dam breaking but I think it is temporally fixed for the moment. That is 3 road washouts we have had!

Thoroughly enjoyed Skye,   don't have to been to pat her and she can easily set her head on the table!!! .

Going to say good night...
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lloyd Hammond

Sounds like a good idea Amy time to bid everyone a good good Night ans sweet Dreams Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Janie, I pray your dental work goes well for you on Monday and that you heal quickly.

Amy, I always made scalloped potatoes when we had breaded pork chops, they two just seen to compliment one another. I sure wish we could have some of that excess rainwater out here in dry So. Ca. It would be a rare thing if we had any rain before the winter months set it.

Jenny, I wouldn't dream of moving from your lovely home and area. It takes too much out of us now, and your area is very desirable as you well know...according to prices now.

I had a picture pop up on my computer of India and Sparky. They made such a handsome couple. Does anyone hear from them ? There were so many fun happenings when I first became a Sr. Netter. I never participated in the big doings, but it was fun reading about them.

I have had my nice cold shower...very invigorating indeed. so now I think it is time to bid you all a good night with prayers for your happiness and health. June

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Oh my it is going to be another hot humid day here. Hubby wants to get his hair cut this morning and then I want to pick up some strawberries  ,some to put in the freezer and some for him to eat fresh. Just hope we get back home before the t storms happens.

Jane, have a great day and lots of smiles at work today.

Better get a move on here.
Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'll be off to get ready for my shift at WM in a few minutes.  I hope you all have a lovely day and that your humidity stays low. 

AMY, good luck with the strawberries.  I think our locals are finished here.  The Farmers Market might have some NY State berries tomorrow yet but that will be it.  We're all waiting for local corn and tomatoes. YUM!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, I am a bit under the weather. It has been rainy and cold, yesterday's high was 68° and of course the heat is off here for the summer.Sure glad I kept some sweatshirts out because they are needed to keep warm. Glad I kept my warm winter robe out because I am appreciating the warmth of it.

MARY ANN  we are the opposite, I do better with my right arm-the one with the shoulder replacement-than the left. I can take something down from the first shelf in the cupboard but cannot lift it to put back.

HAL  I am happy with the dentist I have. She numbs the gums before putting the needle in so it does not hurt. Very gentle. I had to reach my older years before I found her and I have been to some butchers before.

Think I will turn on the TV to see if there is anything good on and go lay on the couch again.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

well Nancy got up at 6:am and I woke and got up at 7: Am. we ate cold cereal and got at it we have a caner full of peaches on the count down on the stove and I have coped up several zucchini cleaned up my chopper and Nancy is bagging it. time for a break and a nap too hot out to go to shop. it is full sun and 83º and saying going to 88º but yesterday it over shot there predict.
Have a great day.

Lloyd

halkel

Good Morning one and all!

I see all the usual suspects are present and account for.  I have been in a couple of times but was on my IPad and I just don't like typing on that thing.  For several reasons.
The weather guessers are saying we have a chance for rain today, but you wouldn't think so looking out at all the sunshine, and a real good chance tomorrow.  Good Lord I promise: I will go to church even if it is raining buckets, pitchforks and cats and dogs.

We are now officially back under water restrictions, can only water once a week with sprinklers.  Hand watering allowed anytime.

Talked to wife this morning and she said they were expecting hot weather there in England in the next few days.  But she and daughter are leaving for France Wednesday for a week to see my daughters, daughter and her husbands family is gathering to meet my daughter and of course my wife.  Needless to say things are getting nervous.

Larry, you do have a nice neighborhood and looks like they did some good landscaping.  Beautiful homes.  And of course, loved the Good Lords handiwork.  Only he can do a painting in the air of such beauty.

Janie, I hope your day went well with no pain and only folks of good humor in your line.

It is so nice to have a day off, no apmts or obligations, just kicking back and enjoying.

Lloyd hope you are caught up on canning.  I think you said you still have peaches to do.  The last time I tried canning peaches I made a mess out of removing the skin, I dipped them to long or something in hot water and cooked the peach.  It seems like, when I used to help as a young man, we just dipped them in boiling hot water and took the right out and dipped them in cool water and the skin would slip right off.  But I did something wrong.

Amy hope you and hubby have a good day out.  And hope everyone has a great day.

June Drabek

Amy, I hope you made it home before the storm hit. No fun driving in bad weather.

Janie, I hope your time at WM was enjoyable, and now you are free for the dental work. I should be going in with a chipped filling, but it is just too tiring. I'll take my chances on it not getting worse.

Gloria, I'm sure sorry you have to live in that place…I think legally they are all wrong  in the way they operate things, but then I am not a lawyer. If they made me go without heat in cold weather, I would not stand for it. I'd hire a lawyer…now they have made you sick. What do your son's think about this place ?

Hal, you sound "up at at 'em" today. Yesterday's water therapy must have helped you.

I have no plans for today. It will be 85 for a high today, and that will require conditioning. The sun is shining brightly in my full wall of windows. Ick !!!

Carol

It is a very nice cool day today and the temps will go higher for the next week.  Don was out for a walk and our neighbors dropped two books off for him to share. 

Jenny:  You talk about looking at other houses and we don't want to lose our convenient area.  Yes, the traffic has certainly picked up.  However, my doc is close - Don wouldn't move out east to the VA anyway.  We have the wild animals sometimes - this is such a great area, don't you think? 

Jane:  Looking back, a person can "get through it".  Sorry for all of your tooth pain - it sure stops everything. 

Gloria: and Amy:    I wonder if a 2nd. opinion on shoulder might be in order.  Just a thought.

Lloyd:  Could your headaches be for allergies?  They can start anytime and this is just the time of year for new allergies.

JaneS

I'm home, the doggies have been out and had a snack.  I had my lunch and I'm still tired.  I think I'll go see if there are any zzzzs hiding on the sofa and try to coax them out to share the sofa with me.  Maybe I'll feel like doing something when I wake up....if I go to sleep. 

Continue doing whatever it is you are all doing.  Don't let me interrupt you.  BBL!

Jeanne Lee

Word from Pat, as posted in Christian Photographers

Hi everyone!

Here I sit in the huge mansion on Delhi St. Guelph wondering when I'll once again see the walls of my humble abode.  ;)

It was 15 months ago today that this mysterious malady hit me like a bomb.  Many suggested titles have been put on the drawing board the latest (and they feel like it is close to the mark) is Connective Tissue Disorder.  Look that up in Google!

I'm very limited in my data having only my phone here so this will be all for now.

God bless you all and thank you very much for your continued prayers.

Pat... :)

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Mary Ann

Pat, I'm so sorry to hear of your problem.  Either I had heard about it and forgot, or I hadn't heard about it - 15 months is a long time to really not know what it is.  I hope the doctors find out what it really is and that you can get better.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Pat, if you look in, you can count on my prayers.  I did Google & not a good diagnosis, but don't give up on feeling better.  I've known 2 people in the last year given "death" sentences and both proved someone above makes the decisions.  One is completely well and the other is weaker but has nothing to do with his original diagnosis.  God Bless and give you strength. 

Thanks Jeanne Lee, for the news.

Sandy

Good Evening Everyone.   

It is cool here on the rocky coast of Maine.   
And for that,  I am grateful. 

Kelly has arrived safely back from her three weeks
in Europe.     She had a wonderful time.    Her
two puppies really missed her.     (Ass did I)

Maggie and Maeve are still in Europe and will be for
another  four weeks.        They are so young to be
traveling on there own.    But they are having a grand
old time.   Staying in hostels  and seeing the world
on their own. 

I will be glad when they are home,  too!

I am doing fine,  enjoying the Summer.   

Have a good week end,  everyone!
Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lloyd Hammond

Nancy and I caned 6 quarts of the best peaches and coped and froze the second's. coped and froze several zucchini.I had a good Nap but it is time for me to bid you all a good night and sweet dreams. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

June Drabek

Just came home from a great program, a guitar soloist. a beautiful evening, I took two walks because I didn't want to come inside. Fellow named Bob Houle. Born in Mass., raised in Ca.

I am so sorry to read about our Pat being so seriously  ill. God is listening to our prayers, thanks be to God, and may she recover soon. Along with our Bis/Joan.

Good night all. Hugs, Love and Prayers.

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning everyone I am up the bed seamed to get rough too hoot then too cold so i just got up dressed and checked in here, think I will go to couch and try for more ZZZ's. Have a great day.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

I just checked the instant weather Is @3:23 A M 67º and predicted to get into the 90º's by mid day. I don't think I will even go out and watch the humming Birds at that Hot.we spend quite of time on the deck watching them other wise.
Have a great day doing what ever you like.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I'll be getting ready for church soon and then off to church.  I hope you all have the exact day you wished for.  Ours is going to be quite cool!  It will get into the 80s by mid day by only the low 80s and it's 61 right now.  Good sleeping weather!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Another muggy day with the threat of a storm. Yesterday was an interesting day....the short of a long story is I had to take hubby to emerg and we ended up with a family Dr. :thumbup: Our Dr has retired  due to medical reasons and Dr. are hard to get in this area..but I asked the Dr on call that works up here and he said yes, he would take us on.
Since I  slept in I had better get a move on..
Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

larryhanna

Hi everyone. It looks like we will be having a nice and cooler day today, only in the 80's.  We had a lot of rain yesterday afternoon and evening with several hours of lightning and thunder.  I certainly don't have to water the grass tomorrow.  I have nothing else to write about as to my activities of yesterday as ended up again at home all day as just didn't feel up to attending the meeting I had hoped to attend.  I will be going to Sunday School and Church this morning as I signed up several weeks ago to bring the Devotional at Sunday School this morning.  We will likely stop somewhere after Church to have lunch and then just rest the rest of the day.

Gloria, sorry to see you were a bit under the weather yesterday and hope today finds you feeling better. 

Hal, the landscaping is nice in our neighborhood but the yards were not properly smoothed and prepared before the sod was laid.  I don't feel comfortable walking in the yard and sure don't want Pat to do so.  Other than a few steps sometimes in my back yard I seldom need to walk in the grass.  I hope your wife and family enjoy their time in France.  Sorry to see you are under water restrictions.  We have had a lot of rain this year, including a lot we had yesterday, so no water restrictions I have heard about.  Neither Pat nor I had any appointments last week and I don't this week until Friday when I go to the GP for a scheduled routine visit, whether I need it or not.

Jeanne, thanks for sharing that information from Pat on her current situation.  I looked up that diagnosed condition and it sounds terrible.  No wonder she has been so sick for the last 15 months.   

Sandy, glad to see that Kelly is back safely at home.  The young girls are having a great adventure and now is the time in their lives for it. 

Lloyd, I will now where to come for some good canned and frozen food.  It sounds wonderful and sure brings back memories from my childhood or my mother and grandmother toiling away getting things canned and in the root cellar.  It sounds like you are going to have hotter weather than we are today.  Stay in and stay cool. My wife is enjoying watching her humming bird feeder from her easy chair and the birds have been very active in the last couple of weeks. 

Amy, so sorry to read that you had to make another trip to the ER for your husband.  He is having a tough time of it.  I hope he is feeling better today.  Glad you were able to find a new doctor. 

halkel

Good MOrning Everyone!

The good Lord blessed us with almost two inches of rain yesterday afternoon.  Oh, how I enjoyed watching it fall.  And maybe more today.

Got to get ready for church, as I promised, yesterday.  So be back Later,
Pat, thinking of you.