Random Image

Mute Swan

Owner: Chocky
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:47:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for October 15, 2017

Started by so_P_bubble, October 15, 2017, 03:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Another day has come and gone. I even managed to bake a cake and make 6+doz chocolate chip cookies.
Time has come to sink in the hot tub :thumbup:

Carol, they breed like wild fire here with two long haired dogs.  Have you tried cayenne  pepper to deter these sweet thangs?

Hope tomorrow is a lovely as what today was.

Where is June???
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

It has been a long, busy, interesting day, and I am ready for evening to arrive. We had our yearly Senior Health and Wellness Expo. Very well attended with people from all over the area. Rod Carew and his wife spoke to us for over an hour. It was very touching. He had a heart transplant..a young boy died just as Carew was dying. He said the little boy was living on, in Carew's body, and he  is thankful for the boy every day of Carew's life. His wife also spoke. Extremely touching..I know my eyes were not dry. Tim Conway , a radio Talk Show host also entertained, but I didn't stay for that...too much going on. It started at 10 a.m. and closed at 2:30.  Free Food booths and other outside booths all around the gardens, a cooking class in the huge fountain patio, two raffles, it was quite a display.  I had lunch then came home about two o'clock, all tired out.

Now I will see if this will post.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

June Drabek

OH what a thrill it is to see my post pop up. My son Dan spent about two hours with me working on the computer on Thursday, and I may be still working at home. He has saved the computer just like mine so he may be able to do more "stuff" on his own. I don't understand it all,  but he said I do NOT need a new computer or a new lap top as my girl here suggested. He and his wife Nancy will be coming out the first part of next month, so he can do "hands-on" work then.

Janie, I'm concerned about what is happening with your company. So many places are selling out to foreign concerns now, we can't be sure of anything permanent any more.

Mycheal, I am trying to remain optimistic about when my computer will keep printing or not. Today has been extremely encouraging. It seems so strange that I can print normally in other areas of Srs. and Friends, but the Soda Shoppe gives me trouble. It all seems to have been start about the firs of this month.

Bis, it is such a thrill to see your posts pop in, I'm glad Joe will be home on Monday, so he can keep you on line. It is like a dream come true having you back with us again. You went through a really rough time, but God did it for us again. I thank you Father God for your loving kindess.

Larry, I still have Chrome on my computer, and Dan said to just leave it there. It doesn't help me in any way, but Dan said it does not harm anything, and he and I both prefer Safari.

JaneS

JUNE my problem is totally personal.  I have some limitations to deal with and I cnt seem to get a general concensus.  One person will agree with me and the next one doesn't know what I'm talking about.  It's a huge lack of communication!  I think it's been handled and the next time it isn't.  But I'm nothing if not stubborn.  I'll make it work!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

CallieOK

Hal,  I was  beginning to think it was a bad idea for OKState to play Texas in Austin the week after OU beat them in Dallas.  Sure was a "squeaker". 
I wasn't sure I could deal with two over-time games in one day but the Sooners pulled it out over K-State - literally in the last 4 seconds!!!!

During the last few minutes of the OU game I was eating dinner, watching the game and the weather (tornadoes in the state) via split screen on tv and texting with my son!
And I've been saying I can't multi-task any more  :crazy2:

I'm exhausted!!!!!

JaneS

I'm exhausted too and I'm going to bed.  Good night Everyfriend!  Sleep peacefully, wake refreshed and may God bless us, every one!

halkel

Well more bad news tonight.  Got a call from a long time friend in Boston who we knew since our days in Germany together.  Their kids grew up with ours, their youngest died last night.  She has had MS for her whole adult life.
Although we knew she was very ill her death us unexpected. It was like losing one of my own kids.
I know Frank, her father, was waiting for her when she arrived in heaven.

I am going to bed, good night, God Bless and sweet dreams.

Oh, callie, I was watching the OU game just before supper and switched channels when I sat down to eat, so I missed the whole game........

Lloyd Hammond

well I hope this let's me in. it is balking so far this A M ,

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

hall sorry for your bad news. as you say she is in a better place. peace and happier now. we have had sever thunder storms most all night. current is mostly cloudy 52º and calling for high of 62º for today. have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I'll be off to early church service this morning.  As soon as the doggie pill wait is over, I'll be off to get dressed.

HAL it's always hard to lose someone we've know all their lives but in seems in her case, she's happier.  She's with her father and her pain is gone. God will bless her!

Take this day and make it good!  It belongs to you!

Amy

Good morning everyone...

A day of rest here...and I hope the weather stays nice as yesterday.

Hal, I am sorry to read of your sad news and as others have said she is in a much better place now.

Better get a move on,lagging behind this morning.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Thank you for your words of sympathies.  My grief is nothing compared to her husbands.  He has been there with her since their honeymoon, when she came down with MS.  He is a champion among champions. 

Our front has not arrived nor any rain.  The weather guy says we have a cap lingering over us which will not allow the rain to develope.

I am almost ready for church and the good Lord knows I need it this morning.

C U later

Gloria

Good morning everyone, going to be another beautiful day in the 70's here.  Just heard the latesr forecast and looks like Tuesday things will change, rain wind and maybe thunderstorms. Oh well this springlike weather cannot last all winter.

HAL  I might get down the 2 flights of stairs with a cane but I would never be able to walk much with a cane and nothing to hold onto with my other hand. I cannot even pick up my rollator, never mind trying to take it down stairs with me.

LARRY  with the storm forecast here for Tuesday and Wednesday, if it gets as windy as the forecaster says  the leaves will be down before they reach their peak of color. Most likely branches will come down and power will be off.

AMY  I think I would panic if I was stuck in an elevator for any length of time.

JOAN  nothing worse than having  an iPad or PC act up when that is your only way of keeping in touch with cyber friends. Hope yours holds up till Joe gets there to check yours out.

CAROL  I get angry when people try to say things like the Holocaust never happened. I well remember in the movies at the end of WW2  when the prisoners were freed and how they looked like walking skeletons. That was so sad, I was only a kid then and I cried when I saw them. Just do not understand younger people these days. Not all feel like that.

JANE  I sure hope your problem at work is resolved this coming week.

JUNE  looks like you had a busy morning yesterday.

CALLIE  saw on the news about the storms in Oklahoma. I hope you and your family are all OK.

HAL  sad news for sure about your friend's daughter.

LLOYD  enjoy your Sunday and a day of rest.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is another mirror morning to what we have been having.  We should get into the low 80's this afternoon.  I plan on going to Sunday School and Church this morning but am doubtful that Pat will go as the chairs and pew are painful for her with her back.  I will pick up some lunch for us and have no other plans for today.  Yesterday for dinner Pat made a Greek Salad to go with our pot roast TV dinner, which was actually pretty good for a TV dinner.

Amy, is your husband able to use the hot tub with his heart condition?  I found years ago that being in a hot tub left me feeling very weak.  Being stuck in an elevator would be a bit frightening. 

Joan, sorry to hear you are having trouble with your iPad and hope Joe will be able to set it right.  Have you powered it back off and on?  I have found I need to do that once in a while with my iPad and iPhone when something stops working as it should. 

June, I attended a couple of the Senior Health and Wellness days at our Senior Center where we did live and it was good.  Is Rod Carew the former baseball player?  Receiving a transplant would have to leave the donee very humble and grateful. Nice to read your interesting posting again and it looks like all is well with your posting efforts. I think the browser we prefer relates to the one we are used to using.  I am using the MS Explorer on Pat's old laptop, which is something I haven't used for years.  It is working well whereas the Chrome browser kept locking up on that computer.  I have also used the Safari and a number of other browsers over the years. 

Callie, it sounds like you did a pretty good job multitasking.  It is always nice when the teams we support win.

Hal, it is always upsetting to get such news of a death that hasn't been expected. 

Lloyd, I hope you are sending over some of your rain as we sure need it.  We do have forecast a good possibility for rain tomorrow.

Gloria, sure hope you don't have any bad storms and just some rain.       

JoanFL

Good  Sunday morning Everyfriend.  No sun, but it least the predicted storm hasn't arrived.  Larry--I tried powering down, but that didn't change things.  Bless those who are dealing with problems/grief.  I wish Everyfriend a blessed Sunday.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the the cool,
but sunny and clear, rocky coast of Maine. 
I do believe that we are going to be getting
some rain in the next few days,  so I need to get out
and enjoy this beautiful weather while we still
have it. 

All is well here. 

Have a better day,  Everyone!
Bless you ALL!
Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Amy

Wow, can't believe this weather.

Gloria, I do like your idea of this weather lasting till March tho  :thumbup: I would say if you have to get out and down those stairs I would fold up the rollator and drag it behind me one step at a time. Then you would have it at the bottom to use.

Larry, no he doesn't use the hot tub...just me .
I have friends that have to keep their hot tub at a cooler temp due to his heart condition too.
I think today is a great day for a country drive..
Jimmy Dean

JoanFL

It is raining here now.  Hopeflully it won't delay my children's flights back here to Alabama - Joe from Arkansas and Linda and Ed from CA.  Today would have been Ray and my 57th wedding anniversary.  I am recalling memories.

Carol

Joan:  Hugs for you and sweet memories today.

Amy:  Enjoy your drive in the country.

Today is another marathon on the main road out of here.  It is roller blades this time.  This is a popular meandering road that is used for many events and today, they blocked a bit too many exits so everyone was driving all over just to get in and out of the neighborhood. 

temperatures have been around 10 degrees higher than normal this entire month and the weather people say this last day of October, it should be back to normal.  so they say. 

We asked a neighbor couple over today late in the afternoon so we should be able to sit outdoors. 

Amy:  Cayenne pepper - that is an idea. 

Hal:  My sympathy to you on the loss of a good friend. 

JoanFL

Carol--Thanks.  I've been recalling many good times today.  The storm has knocked the cable out, so it is mighty quiet inside, but loud from the storming outside.

June Drabek

Janie, You sound so much like me, personality wise, that is. We KNOW we are right, we are sensible, we want is best for everyone, but "others" just don't see beyond the end of their nose. It is very, very frustrating. Today, I got a message.
God said, "June, quit fighting…..you are one person, you may be right, you may be wrong. Just remember, I am God, and MY Will, will be done. Be thankful, that I, as God ,am in charge and MY will, will be done."
What a "release" that was Janie. Just put the whole mess in HIS hands dear one, ask for HIS guidance, and you will find Peace, my sweet friend.

Callie, I am giggling over your message to Hal. It really makes my heart happy that you can find such interest in the football games. I am lost myself, but is a joy to me to see your interest. We had a speaker at Church today, and he roused up a portion of our congregation by mentioning the football times here in Ca…some of the congregation actually cheered at his words. So hang in there girl and keep multi-tasking.

Hal, don't be sad for the girl that died,my dear friend. Think of how she is being held and hugged by her father who went before her. I am praying for her husband. He must be a very gracious man,to have suffered with her during this time of illness. He is one of God's Heroes.

Gloria, dear heart, I too can go for a short distance with my cane, and since I have two canes, I find I can go even more securely for short distances. I must have my rollator for distance walking as my legs cramp up, and I must have the seat to recover on. The stairs are what frighten me….I sort of "freeze up" if I try stairs.

Larry, yes, Rod Carew was a rather famous baseball player. He and his wife were both very inspiring speakers. I know nothing about baseball, but as Human beings, they are wonderful people.

Bis, for reasons unknown to me, this has been a very special Sunday to me. God was very active in my personal life, and I am thankful.  Some things we must accept as a gracious gift, without really understanding the "why". weather is great out here today Bis…flights should be no problem for Linda and Ed. In fact we are expecting a heat wave..in the low hundreds for the next two days.

Shirley

I'm back... from my 3rd trip this month.  Fading fast so will make this short.  I didn't get all the way back to the last posts I read (which was on Thursday, I left for MO on Friday).  A family reunion this time, my father's side.  Had about 30 show up, counting nieces & nephews with some of their kids/grandkids.  My brother was the oldest at this gathering (92)... he was driving his wife's car & has always been a lousy driver, didn't improve with age.  :2funny:  He wasn't familiar with her car, one of the keyless that does everything but dance.  Good fun, nice to see everyone & see that the next generation down enjoys getting together.

Lloyd, I was at the Lake (Long Shoal Corp of Eng campground) between Warsaw & Clinton last night. We had rain from about midnight on but not a lot of wind.  My site was under a walnut tree & those tennis ball size green walnuts made a thud when they hit the top of the RV.  I had not counted on it being so dark so late, had planned to go to church in Clinton but was too dark & rainy ... and I saw a lot of dead deer on the highway & side roads so not even tempted to drive after dark or before daylight. 

Larry, I had a problem years ago when we went into the hot springs pool... my body/heart felt like I was melting.  The showers in the towns in CO where we camp all use the "natural hot springs water"... really feel scalded.  There was talk about running a pipeline of the hot water down the center of the main street to keep the snow melted all winter. 

I haven't gone back far enough to see why you are going to slide down those steps, Gloria.... but highly recommend a big box folded flat... makes a great sled going down flight after flight.  Sounds like thunder in a 3 story school when all the halls are empty & kids in class.  My cheerleading buddy & I were to make ceiling tall images of the Sadie Hawkins people for a dance.... (girls ask the boys)... going to wire the figures to the posts in the lunch room to "give it character".  We had to get those boxes from 3rd floor art room to the 1st floor cafeteria... easiest way was to "ride them to the next level".... we didn't think about it making as much noise as it did so as soon as we hit a landing we raced off to the rest rooms located at the end of every stairs.  Teachers doors were flying open to see what was going on & we stayed in the restroom (couldn't see the boxes laying on the steps)... giggling until all was quiet so we could go down the next flight.  My buddy was full of ideas & I was a willing 2nd banana.   :cheer:  Bet you could hang onto your rollator & just call for someone to pull you up when you get to the bottom.  No problem at all.   :dizzy:

Joan, remember the good times but now & then thinking back of some of the bad times, they don't seem so bad anymore.  Can't help but feel melancholy on these days.  Big hugs and best wishes for many happy days ahead, so glad you are back with us.

Hal, one of my worst nightmares is losing a child, I think we hurt even more for our friends when they are suffering.  It always helps me to think of all the loved ones waiting in Heaven with open arms.  When my last uncle died his oldest son was distraught with grief until I reminded him that "now they are all together again, picture the party!"  Big, big family, this uncle was the one that always organized the family gatherings so his son had a complete new image in his head.  This family was the huggiest bunch you ever saw, my sister & I used to laugh about how we ducked getting picked up & hugged all the time.  On my mother's side she had 7 living brothers & sisters (2 more died very young), plus 2 step brothers.  One of my older cousins had 12 kids so we had quite a crowd by the time I was pre-teen.  By the time this uncle died, Heaven was full of family members & their spouses.  Hope you can find a way to share your thoughts with the family.  Hugs to you.

My eye lids are falling, must give cats one more meal so I can go to bed.  Sweet dreams & hope the weather isn't too bad for all. 
God Bless.  Shirley

JaneS

Good night Everyfriend!  Sleep peacefully, wake refreshed and may God bless us, every one!

halkel

Hi everyone, Shirley, I would tell you a story about family waiting for a loved one to join them.  People think I make up the story.   And to top things off my wife got a call that one of her club friends died today.  It was not unexpected.  This is one of the aspects of old age they don't talk about, more and more friends and acquaintances passing on.   

Went over the one of the Grandkids homes for supper tonight.  Thomas fixed fajitas and sausage and all the trimmings.  It was really good, I enjoyed it.  Except, Thomas keeps that house so cold you could hang meat in it and I got a chill and didn't get comfortable till we got home.

Another doctors apmt and ultrasound early in the morning.  Ultrasound first then evaluation with the doctor on my Aorta.  I told my Grandson in law tonight I now know what God invented hangovers, to give you a picture of what old age is like.  Yes, in years past I had my share of hangovers until I developed some good old common sense and found God.

Nite, nite everyone, God bless and sweet dreams.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Yesterday was a perfect day for a slow country drive. We thorough lt enjoyed going don roads that we haven't traveled in 20 years, plus go by some of the places we have done work on.We stopped and had a delicious lunch which neither one of us could finish , even though it was a half order. Came home to company in the yard so we had tea and treats with them.

Today we are off to the city for a Dr appointment for hubby. Weather is to stay nice but calling for rain tonight.

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  Today is a free day unril I pick up TLH aftwe school.  I'm rhinking maybe a bit of laundry and a trip thfough the papers that have been accumulating on the corner of the desk.  It's probably time to switch them from "incoming" to "outgoing".

We're supposed to have a lovely, Springlike day today complete with rain this evening.  I'll take all of those I can get.

JUNE, you are so BLESSED!  I feel God's presence often but he hs never revealed to me what he has to you.  I feel blessed just to be acquainted with you!

Everyfriend, have a special day, whatever you do!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I do not know what is going on? I can not just click on S & F and go to soda shop and read and post as i used to. I can read ok but no reply at the bottom like used to be. not sure what i did to get where to post, but
here i am. first thing I see this a m is AMY posted but no reply at bottom of her post? Oh well how ever I got here have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS I got back in here and reading what has been posted today. looks Like AMY is having a good day driving her sweet heart around. also looks Like you are not awake yet either , you are spelling like i do not correctly. and that is ok
I got what you were trying to say I think also. I do not reamber well any more either. but we are getting close to getting our trust made, and selling out and doing traveling as long as we are able to. we intend to get a lower to the ground
pick up truck easy to get in and out of for Nancy, and a fifth wheel trailer to pull behind. park it in a trailer park and see the local aria. example in brothers back yard in Page A Z. and go see the sights in the aria. like when I was driving over the road , when I got to a place to deliver, they either wanted the load a week before i picked it up and griped about it or a week later. I never fused about it, I would just say ok is it ok if I stay out of your way and go through your plant and see how you all do things and how it as made. that usually worked alright. they would usually take me on a guided tour.  was instring. some of the ingredients in some of it if you knew you would not eat it. but you do now and think it is great stuff. Have a great day.

Lloyd

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Wish we would get some of your rain.  Our front came through yesterday morning just as we were going into church and it sprinkling lightly, when we came out the sun was shnning brightly and that was our rain.

Got myself all cleaned up for my appointment this morning and if everyone shows up here at the house my wife will be pretty busy.  The garage door man is suppose to show up as well as a floor tile guy to give us an estimate on doing some tile in the bathroom.  Wife wants to put new carpet in the bedroom but wants tile in a small part of the alcove of the bath.  When we had the walk in shower and new commode done we also had new tile put in that part of the bath and I ask her why she didn't just do the other at that time, she said she liked the carpet there.  Well change of mind and bet it will cost as much again for the small portion she didn't want done.

Well guess I had better get a move on.  Hope everyone has a great day.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It looks like we are finely going to get some rain today, at least the forecast says it is a 100% chance this afternoon and 90% chance for several other hours.  It will only get to around 75 this afternoon.  My calendar is clear today so will just take it easy and work on a project I want to start here in my office.

Joan, sorry that my suggestion didn't work for you.  Perhaps installing the most recent software update will help with the problem unless you have already done that.  I hope you had a nice Sunday and know you are looking forward to seeing family again when they return from their trip to the West coast and from Arkansas. You and Ray were married about 20 months before Pat and I married.

Sandy, hope you enjoyed your time out of your apartment yesterday.

Amy, I would have been surprised if your husband had been up to using your hot tub.  I see you had an enjoyable country drive yesterday and then to be able to spend time with friends was a nice way to end the afternoon.

Carol, I do hope it cools a bit for you as know it can be pretty hot in Arizona this time of the year. 

June, I try to follow the principle of would I rather be right or would I rather be happy and happy wins every time. We all have different viewpoints on things.  I am reading that many of the football stadiums for the pro games had a lot of empty seats.  I guess this demonstrates that action do have consequences.  Thanks for the info on Rod Carew. 

Shirley, it sounds like you had a good time at the reunion.  You have been a traveling soul this month.  Do you have anymore trips planned? I am also concerned about deer here after dark but the last deer accident I saw happened during daylight hours.  Also the deer that ran into our car several years ago did so during the daylight hours.  I want my shower water to be moderate in temperature.  You really do have a large family. 

Hal, I saw the passing of many friends from our coffee group as well as Church friends over the years as well as my family members. We haven't turned on our heat yet and our house has been chilly sometimes all day long.  In fact, I have a jacket on as I am typing as just wasn't comfortable in shirt sleeves. We men know that women always have the right to change their mind.  :) 

Jane, I like your "incoming" to "outgoing" idea.  I seem to be able to fill up my desk side trash can at least twice a week. 

Lloyd, check to see that you are signed in to the Soda Shoppe.  Unless you are you will not see the posting box.  However, since you found a way to post you must have found the box.  It sounds like you had some interesting tours in factories when you were driving a truck.  I do hope you and Nancy can see a lot of the country after you sell out.