Random Image

AZ MAY 2004 (74).JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:16:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 15,2017

Started by so_P_bubble, December 15, 2017, 03:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Jane, I would have done cart wheels in the snow, I was so relieved to have it all settled.
How is your brother doing,any word?
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

I had  a nice long walk...learned to NOT go up a steep ramp..just made it. Alls well that ends well. And i am "in" for the day now. We have so many sweet young people here that are so willing to jump in to help in any way necessary. Plus the loving hugs, and sweet words of encouragement. God, and Gary sure knew where I should be.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Mary Ann

June, this has been a mixed year for us.  Yes, we lost Terry and now Jan's accident, but we had three healthy babies born this year, so things balanced out.  We have been very fortunate with the snow; we do have snow on the ground, but we have received nothing like Erie PA and for that I'm thoughtful.  I no longer drive and I am content to stay in the house when necessary.  But as I often say - Old age is not for sissies.

Amy, did you get in on the storm that covered Erie?  I know you're north of there, but how close are you to Lake Ontario?  (I know Erie is at the end of Lake Erie.)

Mary Ann

Shirley

Mary Ann, it always calms me when I read one of your posts, you are so easy going.  Sorry to read about Jan's accident, always harder on everyone during holidays.  Prayers for her speedy recovery.  You are so right about old age not for sissies.  That step back on the ladder wouldn't have been a 2nd thought years ago, instead, this old body has aches & pains screaming from head to toe. But at least everything is still working.

Amy, deep sympathy for this latest trial.... to be without a snowblower at a time like this.   :crazy:

Gloria, SO happy to see you back..... & if you missed my note that Doris asked me to wish you a Merry Christmas.... I did.  I also like Windows 7 but have grown accustomed to 10, miss a few things that 7 had.  You are a whiz & will have it whipped into shape in no time (as long as that cranky machine plays nice). 

We are really cold, chill index awful & going to be worse.  We NEED snow or moisture, be nice if it doesn't come as ice to break down power lines.  Would you believe my kitchen sink stopped up ...totally... today?  I planned to call a plumber first thing in the morning but son came over & we finally got it running about 2-3 hours later.  Bless his heart, he is a good kid.  I forgot to eat this evening so will go raid the frig & go to bed.  Wishing EVERYFRIEND hugs and a happy day tomorrow.  Shirley

Lloyd Hammond

Mary Ann old age also is not what it is cracked to be. this cold in the teen's makes me realize I am not as tough as once was. Shirley even with out a fall off of a ladder I now have aces and pains all over my bod. I suspect we need to slow down ans start acting our age ( all of us ) I am up for a sip of water dry mouth. Sean I had forgot to take my med's so did so and am ready to go back and get some more zzz's. sweet dreams I hope.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I'm sitting in my office trying not to wake my daughter and granddaughter.  Daughter came up from Maryland last night and will accompany Frankie to her Dr. Appt. and then they will return to MD. 

Natalie and Clint arrived from Texas yesterday and we all had a nice "Christmas Dinner" at Cathy's for them.  Natalie and Clint LOVED the cook book and promised to let us know when they made each recipe.  The fact that they are "tried and tested"  and a name is assigned to each one impressed them.  They are in a loose leaf notebook so she can add more whenever she finds them.  Soooo....if you didn;t contribute and you come across a recipe that works well, you can still contribute.  Just email it to me and I'll see that she gets it.  She was also impressed at how far and wide the people who contributed live.  I am, too!

Someone asked me if Frankie and Kiran are close to an age.  They are not.  Frankie was my youngest grandchild when Kiran was born and she was 12 years old.  They've just always had a connection and they enjoy each other's company.  Maybe it ws because all her cousins on the other side are boys and Frankie's a girl.  Whateverit was, it clicked.  I hope it stays that way for them.

I wish you all a wonderful day filled with good health, good friend and loving family!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JaneS

Darn!  Someone asked about Jim and I forgot to report.  He came home Christmas Day and I actually talked with my sister on the phone yesterday.  I could hear him putting in his 2 cents worth in the background.  He still has a bunch of appointments to keep with various drs but he's on the mend.  He will never be well but we can safely say that he's "better" now!  Thank you all for the prayers.  Please keep him in your prayers.  He's going to need them in the months to come.

Amy

Good morning everyone..
As Joan would say this is a geemogotchie day out there.....-28 ° F at the moment.I really pounded the pillow last night only up once as the pup wanted out.Today is tidy up and get things ready for the kids tomorrow,need to bake bread for them to take home as I forgot to give it to them on Mon.

Shirley, a snow blower is coming on Fri, son and daughter in love are bringing it up. Having lunch with us then they will head back home before traffic gets bad. If we had a storm today our neighbour would clean us out with his snow blower. We really are blessed with great neighbours.

Lloyd, slow down...act our age...ha ha not in my vocabulary and I am sure not in Shirley's or Janies. Those two are like the road runny.......beep beep look out!!!

Mary Ann, no not near Erie and thankfully we are not near  Lake Ontario either feel the effects off the lakes. We are in an area that misses a lot of the bad storms.

Joy, my son loves to cook also. Many have said to him he needs to open up a restaurant. He took an old filing cabinet and made a smoker out of it and loves it. Man up the street was telling my son about his $600.00 smoker and his wife doesn't like it and my son showed him is 80.00 filing cabinet and said they both love it!!

Gloria, when I first got W10 I was really nervous but found out nothing to be wary about it ,so far so good.

Jane, YAYYYYY, glad Jim is home now. Even though he will never be 100% he is home where he is more comfortable. Slowly he will regain his strength back.

Better get a move on here.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!
It is a cool 38 degrees and cloudy here this morning and the head cold is now moving downward and I am developing a cough.  I see my doctor on the 4th hopefully I don't have to try to get in before then.  He, like me, isn't going to be a happy camper with me just getting over my last episode.

Some of you were speaking of the joys of getting older, HEY!, the alternative isn't that great. Or is it? 

We have a humdinger of a front due in New Years and of course that means most of you will get it before we do. I hope it doesn't bring other problems with it, like ice and snow or freezing rain.

I see our Amy has slept in this morning or she is out playing in the snow.  Never know with that lady.  Heck she might even be out chopping wood. LOL

I am glad I got that tooth done yesterday.  One chore out of the way.  Now all I have to do is pay for it, sure happy I have insurance that picks up half the tab.  I say that but the premiums seemed to get higher and the cap lower.  And like you were talking about seems our "old" teeth with all their cracks and years of wear start to fall apart.  I have had three in the past year or so that have had to be restored or pulled.  By restored I mean crowns put on them.

Well I think the coffee is ready, who wants a cup, nice and fresh and hot.

Janie, I was happy to hear Jim is back home.  Prayers work every time they are tried.  Thank you Lord.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning again. I am glad to see all of you that are here every day. I am worried about peter ails rolley cant seam to make contact any way. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. (I wrote this post between 3 and 4 am this morning but am not adjusting it as nothing has changed in the last 4 hours other than I did get another hour or so of sleep.)  This is a first for me to be posting here in the middle of the night.  After sleeping for about 3 hours I woke up and can't seem to go back to sleep so decided I might as well accomplish something and am decided to get up for awhile.  Hopefully I will be able to go back to bed and sleep in a little while. 

Mid-afternoon yesterday I went to Great Clips for a haircut.  Wednesdays are senior days and the haircuts are $10 rather than the normal senior rate of $12.  While there I got notice that a prescription I had called in to Walmart yesterday morning was ready and the Walmart is in the same shopping center as the barber shop so I went over and picked up the prescription, which saves me a trip there today.  I needed power steering fluid for my Cruiser and there was one electric cart available so I was able to use it to get to the automotive section in the back of the store and check that item out at the pharmacy counter with the medicine.  While there I learned that they are starting and express prescription service where you can go online with the Walmart app on the phone and I suppose the site on the computer and order your prescription and pay for it and then just call for it at the express line.  I will try that service next time.  I came home and rested an hour and then headed back out to drop off an Amazon return at the UPS store and then went on to Firehouse Subs and picked up a couple of subs for our dinner last night.  Each of us had a half sub along with the chips and dip.  Pat has fixed a cheese and cheese dip in the crock pot.  That made a full meal. 

After Scott got here yesterday afternoon he put the power steering fluid in the car and then set up the headphone adapter in our bedroom so our headphones will work with either TV.  After dinner he started the set up of the Ring doorbell and we charged it up over night as it charges with the same cable as any android device.  He will have to install it in the day light so maybe next Wednesday he can do that if he get here before dark. 

This morning I see the eye doctor at 9:45 for the third and last appointment for the second eye surgery.  Then I plan on stopping at Costco for gas and to pick up a few items.  Then if I still have enough energy I will go on downtown and go to coffee late and then to the Wisdom group at the Church.  That will be a full day. 

Joy, it sounds like you had the right kind of Christmas and your son likely wasn't exhausted from doing a lot of cooking.  Sorry you and others are having such cold weather.  We are to get down to 30 degrees tonight but will be in the mid-40's here this afternoon with no precipitation in the forecast for the next few days and some colder nights and days ahead.  The "Instant Counter" is like a cutting board that had a neat design on it can be used on a stove top or over a sink.  Pat wanted it so that she could open the doors under the sink and sit in her chair and cut prepare vegetables and then store it behind the sink faucets as it had a very colorful design on it.  Unfortunately it had about an inch high or perhaps a little more non-slip legs on it and over our sink it was have to have been used at a slant and it wouldn't store behind the faucet due to the legs.  So it wasn't what she wanted and I sent it back to Amazon yesterday afternoon.   Here is the link as a picture is worth more than the words:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ATVLDUK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gloria, I sure wouldn't want to get out in that terrible cold and wind.  If you will email me I will be happy to send you back my telephone number for future reference. Those heated car seats can get pretty warm. 

Mary Ann, I wonder if before this cold snap ends whether the lake won't have a lot of ice on it.  Once you have a cellphone number you can use it regardless of where you move to.  When we eliminated our home phone several years ago I had that number put on my cellphone and when I moved to South Carolina I kept the same number and expect to do so for the rest of my life. 

Callie, thanks for the info on the Keurig.  Pat hasn't used the little K-cups for sometime but purchased an insert that works with a paper filter  and uses regular ground coffee.  I looked at the specs for your TV and it has the audio out jacks, which are the little round red and white outlets.  I was going to send you a link showing the headphones that we got in 2015 but find that they are no longer available.  You could check with Best Buy or Office Depot and they could show you a set that would likely work with your TV.  I think you would really enjoy them as it sure makes the sound on the TV much more enjoyable.  Enough from me on the subject.

June, nice you were up to attend Gary's Bible class.  I bet those odd jobs will still be there when you feel up to doing them or if you never did them it wouldn't be the end of the world.  :)

Amy, sure glad your son was able to locate another snow blower for you as sounds like it will get good use this winter and you won't have to deal with that lemon.

Shirley, I just hate it when the kitchen sink or any other plumbing clogs.  It can be so frustrating.  Our kitchen sink has clogged twice due to operator error in trying put too much through the garage disposal at one time.  Glad your son got your problem fixed without having to call the plumber. 

Lloyd, you sound like my wife in taking your pills.  She has one she needs to take at noon and more than half the time she forgets to do it. 

Jane, great that the Texas family could be with you for the holiday celebration.  Nice idea to put the recipes in a loose leaf binder.  Pat has several like that and is all the time finding new recipes.  It has been a long time since she used the old bound cookbooks.  Thanks for the info on the ages of Frankie and Kiran.  I am the one who asked the question.  That was a nice Christmas gift to have Jim come home on Christmas Day. 

Hal, I sure hope that cold doesn't develop into pneumonia.  Did you suffer with that not too long ago?   Your temperature is about like ours.  I see that Texas won their bowl game yesterday.  Please don't send that humdinger up your way.  Glad you were able to see your dentist yesterday. 

Mary Ann

Larry, the temperature of Lake Michigan water is still over freezing so the lake won't freeze, but I noticed spray has frozen on the outer (red) lighthouse.  Wave action will keep some of the water open for a while but if it continues to be cold, the lake will eventually freeze.  I have not seen the frost formations in many years where people can walk out on the ice.  Maybe this year?  We are to be in the teens for a week and Grand Haven probably will be there too.  Friday is to get to 18 degrees and that is the highest for the week.  Brrr!

Old age is sometimes called the Golden Years but I think it is more like the Rust Years for many of us.

I like Jane's idea of recipes in a 3-ring notebook as the recipes are much easier to read.

Mary Ann

Gloria

Good morning everyone,
feels like the north pole here. Below zero overnight is starting to be normal. Been years since we have had such a long cold snap. According to the forecaster it will be another week of this.

MARY ANN  My daughter has to use her smart phone and her iPad for every thing. They are off the grid, they have to supply their own electricity and every thing. For internet/cable they have the dish.
Prayers for your niece.

CALLIE  those darn squirrels will find a way to get anything left for birds. They found a way to get up to my second floor feeder. I would glance out the window and see one in the feeder, they never could get at the suet cage that was hanging from the eves.

JUNE  my grandson studied computers in college and that is his job. He does dislike working on them on his own time but for his Dad and me he will do it.

AMY  my grandson told me Tuesday when he was here that his snowblower died at the end of his using it to clear his place. Hope he can find a new one.

SHIRLEY  I still have 7 installed, too. I will use that more but will slowly learn 10. I think that with the new hard drive things will be better now-fingers crossed. The air here is very dry now, unusual but at least for now no freezing rain. Bright sunshine but it is so cold it is not melting any of the snow from Christmas morning.

LLOYD  when I think of what id used to do a few short years ago I really dislike not being able to do much of anything anymore.

JANE  those looseleaf binders are great. Did you think of getting those plastic sleeves to put the recipes in? They come with the holes in them to go in the binders. I have used them for years. I got them at Staples but think they could be found in many stores. Glad your BIL Jim is doing better. I know you think of him like a brother.

AMY  glad I am not in Canada where it is colder than here but I wish you would stop sending your temperatures to us. Yes I know it is coming from the atrtic and you are trying to share with us. Canada does not really have to be that generous.

HAL  joys of getting old is a myth. A joy when one is in pain and cannot walk without some kind of help,etc?  At times maybe the alternative would be welcome? Not for me though, I still like life and enjoy seeing my great grandson so much. I would love being around to see him grow up like I did his father and my son.

LARRY  like your wife I cannot  stand at the sink or counter to prepare food. I have a strong wood TV tray set up in the kitchen and I sit at that to prepare what I can. The counters and sinks are all too high in this building for all the short folks that live here.

MARY ANN  here at noon it is 8° but there is still the wind chill making it feel like below zero. I will not be going out for a walk.
There are only few tall enough that they do not bother. This is a handicap apartment but is not very accessable where needed.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Carol

In two weeks at home, we have only had this morning of quiet.  Love the children. Exhausted. 

Today, g daughter and daughter arrive with one dog.  Tomorrow,
everyone and one more dog arrives.  Plus, the three sons and one g son will be installing a message door opener for us.  We had no choice in any of this.  Very welcome indeed.

So nice to read your notes and I send up a prayer where needed.
We leave for Tucson and arrive at midnight on Saturday. 

Does anyone else have a message from Facebook saying to change the sign on? 

Carol

It is a garage door opener.  Really dislike finger typing on this kindle.

The crazy thing change letters while I am typing.   It is a real battle with technology that is anticipating what I want to type.   

Joy

It is now afternoon.  I has a lazy morning.  It is so cold and I just bundled myself up in an afghan and  read on my Kindle for a while.  Of  course, when I read it makes me so sleepy, so had a little nap.

I have had lunch and came here to catch up on everybody's day.

Larry, that is a beautiful  glass tray,  and it is a shame that it didn't work out for the way Pat had planned to use it.  Did it sit down in the sink?  I measured my sink,  and it would have been too small to fit across my sink.  And, it  seems it would not have worked out with it sitting down in the sink.  But, it wouldm have made a  beautiful serving tray.

Gloria,  I am so happy that are you are back among us.  Hope everything will continue to work out ok.  When I got my present computer a little over 2 years ago,  I did not want Windows 10, as I had heard so many people complain about not liking it.  So, the computer tech that I use built me a new one and was able to put Windows 7  on it.  And, I am happy with it.

It is  a sunny day with no wind, but so very cold.  It was  8º when I first turned the computer on when I got up. I  guess when it gets down to single digits.  there isn't a whole lot of different between 0º and anything much above that.  Our cold is supposed to last for about a week and more snow predicted for the weekend.

Amy, hope you won't have any more problems after  you get the new snow blower. My son, also, has been told he should open his own restaurant. But, he is retired from the government and has his own business now in the same field that he worked on while with the government, so he isn't at all interested in getting involved with the restaurant business.  He enjoys cooking for friends and family. They have a lot of friends and have numerous get togethers throughout
the year.  He likes to make very unusual things and make up his own recipes.  I, for one, like to try something different.  Might not want it a second time, but do like to try something, new.  When the grandchildren were young, they used to ask why Uncle Jack couldn't have regular food.  The children's mother and I used to wind up taking peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or something else that we knew they would eat.  Now, that they are older, some of them like the things he cooks.

I have the thermostat pushed up and I am still cold. Need to get back under the afghan and read some more.  Everything is straightened up so don't really have any chores that need taking care of.  They are still showing Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel, so that is another option.

Hope everyone has a nice rest of the afternoon.

Joy
BIG BOX

June Drabek

Good morning my beloved friends. All is well here, 79 for a high, then a cool 47 for a comfortable night. I will be going down for lunch soon will order a big egg salad sandwich on sour dough bread and then bring half of it home for supper..plus sides. The body is still feeling very tired, where bed and book keep calling me, but still too much "stuff" to dispose of, or answer, or thank. If I did one thing a day, I would still be working on undone "stuff" by next Christmas. In a way its nice to know this old lady is still needed.....maybe  I am doing it intentionally ????????

Time to get myself down to the dining room. I love you all and putting out some really BIG hugs, so be prepared.  :smitten:
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

So good to see you are back in the SS GLORIA. You sure have been missed. 

JANE, so good to read that Jim was able to go home.  Continued thoughts and prayers for him as well as Russell.  Enjoy your time with the visiting family. 

LARRY, I bought all of the boys and their ladies pressure cookers for Christmas.  I tried my bet to get the Instant Pot, but ended up getting Cuisinart, 6-quart-electric-pressure-cookers. They seem to do the same thing, but one family really wants the Instant Pot.  Seems they are impossible to get right now.  Where did you buy yours, IF you do not mind my asking?  What size is yours and are you still liking it? 

WE are having another nice warm day here....then another stor: is headed our way.  Good for the mountains as we need the snow so badly for our tourist season, and for the moisture, of course.  Just do not care for the frigid temperatures! 

Enjoy your day EVERYFRIEND. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

halkel

I am headed for my bed.  But don't expect much sleep with the cough going strong.  I dug out some cough pills but I don't think they will be much help.

My middle daughter came upon an accident on the way home that had the highway blocked, both directions, she said when they opened the highway there was a car completely burned.  Hopefully no one was hurt.  I thought maybe something would be on the 6PM news but there wasn't.  At any rate she made it to Del Rio okay with no further incidents.

Mary Ann happy your Granddaughter wasn't injured.  Going take awhile to fix that pickup.

Good Night, God Bless and Sweet Dreams

Lloyd Hammond

hall glad your daughter made it home with no injury to her. it is sad so many of us get in too much of a Hurry and get involved in accident's. have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Warmer here this morning -22° , dogs don't stay out long!
Son and wife are bringing up the snowblower this morning and staying for lunch. Need to get the turkey in the oven and vegetables done. Picked up a birthday cake as daughter in loves birthday is on Sat. and we also have pumpkin pie and whipped cream.

Better get busy here.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  It's not as cold here as it is where AMY is but it did hit single digits over night!  All the way down to 8 degrees!  The doggies don't stay out very long here either! 

We're waiting out the boinger for the doggies pill that have to be taken on an empt stomach.  I kind of like it because I get to check out my email and S&F and have a quiet cup of coffee while we wait.

All my house guests are gone.  My grandson is still at my daughter's and my granddaughter and her husband are there also.  They will stay until Jan. 2.  Kyle will return to Phila. to ring in the New Year with his group of long time bachelor friends.  I think their plan is dinner out and drinking and cheering at home.  Good plan!  There are 5 of them who share a house and they've known each other since high school and college.  All good kids in my estimation. 

I'll be off to greet my public at Wally World at 10 this morning.  I'm kind of glad to have a late one.  It gives me time to get ready leisurely.  I hope you all have a lovely, leisurely day.  Enjoy!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, hope everyone is find and dandy on this frigid winter morning. Yesterday we broke a record for the lowest high temperature on record here.We hit 10° for a high. Glad I did not have to go out. Has anyone heard anything about JOAN? I never did go back through the posts so do not know anything new about her.

CAROL  I have not been on Facebook in months.

JOY  thanks. It is great being back  on my computer again. A new learning curve for me. Everything is so different and confusing. I have both Windows 7 and 10 installed. My grandson partitioned the hard drive and I have not tried 10 yet. Right now TV says 6° bit that is from the airport and it is always colder in this area, weather guesser said it was 2° in the town I used to live in so we are most likely zero or below here. Like you I have my thermostat turned up. The manager wants us to have it no higher than 68°. She doesn't realize we seniors need it warmer than that.

JUNE  I am still trying to get through all the email that came in during the time I was without my computer. So many things I still have to install.

JENNY  great to be back here. Nice to know I was missed.

HAL  when I have a cough I like the honey lemon cough drops, they always seem to calm the coughing.

LLOYD  good morning, have a good day.

AMY  glad it is not as cold here as it is where you are.

JANE  have a good day at Wally World. Is it still busy with the after Christmas returns and sales?

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Joy

Good morning, Jane and Amy .  Cold here in Central Maryland, but nothing like Amy has.  And, Jane, we were at 8º  this time yesterday morning, but I see it is up to 13º this morning.  Not a whole lot of difference, I don't think.

I did push my thermostat  up as the heating duct  is right over where I am sitting.  The warm air sure feels good.

Amy, glad you are getting your snow blower this morning.  You sure are the energizer bunny fixing a big lunch like that in the middle of the day.  Happy birthday to your daughter-in-love.  I am sure she will enjoy that.

Jane, hope that it will warm up a little bit before you have to leave for work.  Hope your day is very uneventful.

Good morning to you, also, Gloria.  Just happened to see that you just popped in.  I would be freezing for sure at 68º.  My place is heated with heat pumps and when the heat comes on, it is like the air conditioning that is on.  I have to push it up almost to 80 to get it to warm up.  I leave it at that for a bit, and then turn it back.  It does stay warm for a good while.  I am pushing it up and down all day when it is so cold.   Everyone that I know that does use a heat pump complains about the same thing.  I have to have it warm,  or I   almost get  sick to my stomach when I am so cold.  My bill will be high for this month, as I did a lot of baking, also.  But, my summer bills are not bad at all, because I am on the north side of the building, and my place does not get  hot in the summer.  So, I guess it all balances out in the long run.

Hope everyone will a good day.

Joy
BIG BOX

phyllis

phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. we are having a regular heat wave here up to 15º and cloudy here. hope everyone is having a day just as they like it. The only thing good about you girls -º weather is you may possible snuggle close with out fussing about it. hope to see you all later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Phyllis!!!!!Welcome home, where have you been?  Maybe I missed something (won't be the first time).  :crazy2:

Amy, we are a long way from your freezing temps but seriously cold in Kansas.  Our highs (NOT chill index) for a few days to be 10°  if we are lucky.  Add a little wind & dangerous to breathe with mouth open~  Nasty weather to start tomorrow.

I have a cat on my lap waiting for breakfast.  She doesn't like cold weather & knows where every floor furnace vent in the house is.  Tom came to wake me up, with a cry at the sliding door.... "where is summer?"  Duty calls.....

Good Morning, EVERYFRIEND!

JaneS

i wasn't going to post this time around but I have to say....

HI PHYLLIS!  I MISSED YOU!

Lloyd Hammond

well morning meal is over and the sun is shining through the clouds mostly and warmed up to 19º looking to be a better day. see you all later going to feed the cows and go to shop fire up the space heater and work in there for a while.

Lloyd

halkel

I see I am tail end charlie this morning, everyone else looks like has checked in.  Forecast high is 51 present temp 43 and cloudy.
Tomorrow not much improvement.

Wife has gone to get some blood drawn and I have nothing planned for today.  Our cleaning lady will be here shortly and then she will head over to my daughters.

My cold is about the same, cough has improved, guess the pills are working.

Everyone have a great day.