Random Image

Fe at Two

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for December 15,2017

Started by so_P_bubble, December 15, 2017, 03:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Phyllis, it is good to see you waving at us.  Come back and say something soon.

Tom has gone to Mc D's for breakfast and will bring back a cranberry muffin and coffee for me. 

I started to get the trash ready last night but realized pick up is one day later because of the holiday - next week too - so left it to take care of tonight or in the morning.  Recycle pick up is around 9:30 am but regular pick up is nearer 12:30 pm.  With our weird schedule this week, we don't have much Christmas trash but maybe we will next week.

At 10:15 am we have 15 degrees.  I didn't look to see what it was when I got up at 6 am but it probably was more like 12 degrees.  We're in for cold weather all week.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. The day started out in the mid-30's and will only get to the upper 40's today but no rain in sight.  Just two things on the agenda for today.  The housekeeper will be here around 10 am this morning and then Pat and I plan on going out at noon for our main meal for today.  She has been in the house all the week so needs to get out for a little while. I do want to get started on my year end cleanup and setup for next years records.

My eye doctor appointment went very well yesterday.  I need to use the eye drops for only another week.  I have 20-20 vision in my right eye and 20-40 in my left and it is still adjusting.  No need for prescription glasses.  Since my shirts always have a pocket in them there is no problem of keeping a pair of OTC reading glasses in them for close up reading.  I then stopped at the Credit Union to cash a couple of savings bonds that had matured.  Finally I stopped at Costco for gas and buying a few things that we needed from the grocery department.  I felt very fortunate that I was able to get one of the electric riding carts to get around in the store.  It was noon before I got home so too late to go downtown to the Church for the Wisdom group.  I had gotten one of the rotisserie chicken and when I got home we decided to have our main meal then while the chicken was hot and fresh. 

Mary Ann, I feel the "Rust Years" is more descriptive than the "Golden Years". 

Gloria, sorry it is so cold up your way with more on its way.  Satellite TV is a wonderful things for folks that don't have access to cable.  We have such access but like Dish and have used it for years.  Not a good time for your grandson's snowblower to die.  Pat makes good use the office chair that adjusts to use in the kitchen when watching something on the stove or just to sit down for a few minutes to give her back a rest. 

Carol, glad you explained what a message door opener is?  Maybe you will have some days of quiet when you get back to Arizona. There may be a setting on the Kindle to turn off having it suggest changes as you type.  It tries to anticipate what you want and changes it sometimes to great frustration for the writer. 

Joy, Pat wanted it to span the sink from front to back to create a working surface where she could sit in her kitchen chair and work at the sink with her knees being under the sink when the doors were opened.  It sounds like it will be a good weekend to stay in and use the computer with the extreme cold for so many folks.  Your son probably wouldn't much enjoy cooking if he opened a restaurant.  My wife has always been interested in trying new things.  She will usually do them when we have company.  I tell her that way if it isn't to our liking we won't have so much of it left over.  We are putting away our Christmas decorations today. 

June, I would never select egg salad for a sandwich as really don't like the taste of eggs.   

Jenny, Pat found a special offer on Amazon for the Instant Pot and saved about 40.  Of course there are all kinds of special pans and other things to use with it and I think she has gotten most of them all ready.  She wanted the 8 quart size and as far as I know she still likes it.  It is not something she uses all the time and does have a bit of a learning curve.  She still have the small and large crockpot, both of which were used over the holidays. 

Hal, sorry to read that the cold has you down.  Glad to read you are feeling better today. 

Amy, your dogs know where to stay when it is so cold outside.  I know you will be anxious to get your new snow blower out and try it out. 

Jane, how old is Kyle.  Certainly good to say in on New Years if a person will be drinking.  You have really been behind that counter a lot during these last few days.  I hope things have eased off in those check out lines.  Next week things should be back to normal as the holidays will be over and most folks back to work and children in school. 

Gloria, since you have Windows 7 available and are familiar with it there is probably no reason to even deal with Windows 10 unless you want to experiment.  I no longer have Windows 7 on any of our computers.  I set up bookmarks on the desktop for Pat to get to the sites she normally visits and I tend to the maintenance and updating of the computers.

Joy, we set our thermostat to 68 when Pat comes to bed and then turn it up to 72 during the day.  The heat pump in the house is the best heat we have ever had as it keep the temperature the same all the time although the family room and kitchen area are usually a couple of degrees warmer than the thermostat, which is in the hallway.  We had a heat pump in Maryland and didn't like it at all but they work great for us here in South Carolina.  I have our electric bill on a budget plan so pay the same every month and consider it reasonable as this is an all electric home. 

Hi Phyllis. 

Shirley, stay in a stay warm with your cats. 

Lloyd, I always felt sorry for the cows during the very cold of winter but they knew to stay together in a group.  I remember the snow and ice accumulating on their backs and guess that provided insulation.  When we put them in the barn for milking it would usually fall off.  Sure glad those days are in the past.

JaneS

I'm home, fed the doggies, fed myself, had a cup of coffee and I'm ready to see if there are any zzzzs on the couch.

LARRY, Kyle is 25 and is a very responsible young man.  If they ever do go out, no one drives.  They count on that service that you pay for, I forget the name.  There are 5 guys (all 25) who share the house where they live.  It's a big house and each guy has his own room so they can get away if they want or find a friend if they want.

I'm off to search for the zzzs now. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Not such a good day for me. Still coughing, and very, very tired. Saw Dr. today.....her usual monthly visit to all of us. After the mail comes in at 4:30 I'll do down and check it out, then I'm in for the day, hoping tomorrow will be a better day.....to tired to do anything today.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

Good evening, it was 7 when I got up this morning. Snow to morrow. Pir county Suffolk is suppose to get more then the city or Nassau County.

Phyllis, I just came in to read, but saw your post, so had to say Howdy! So glad to see you,   Quote of Minnie Pearls. :)

June, I got a cough while in the hospital in Sept had it for weeks, and still am getting coughing spells.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lindancer

A friend took me to see our Christmas duck in Flanders, all decorated for Christmas. I wish I knew how to put the picture in here, as it is quite a sight, it is one of our Land marks. Flanders duck, if you google it.

Mary Ann

It's hard to realize that another year is near the end.  We'll get together as a family for our Christmas as the in-law families all had their chance at Christmas Eve and Christmas.  We had Christmas Eve gatherings for so many years, as Norm insisted on us getting together on Christmas Eve (tradition, you know).  Having it at his and Dot's place really was getting too much for Dot and Norm did not realize how hard it was on her.  If she feels up to it, she will go with us to Jan's for our get together.  Of course, Jan will not be there.  We learned it should be at least three months before she's back to normal. 

Tom is out tonight so I got the trash and recycle ready.  One box of newspaper and magazines had not been put out for a few weeks, so I got that ready.  There was enough for two trash bags to put in the recycle tub and both bags were heavy.  Tom just came home and will put the bags and box out.  He's very good about that so I don't have to.

What a year was 2017 and I'll be happy to see it go.  I just hope 2018 is better.

Mary Ann

Lloyd Hammond

time to wish you all a good night with sweet dreams. good night hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

halkel

Lloyd my bedtime to.  So I shall bid everyone a
Good Night, God Bless and Sweet Dreams

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.Is 13º and mostly cloudy here and calling for a high of only 25º  today. must be cold every where seams to be no one here, wish you all a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Here I am Lloyd, I slept in :)

Yesterday was fun, kids came with my new dance partner and oh my....what a muscleman it is!!  This Cub Cadet is 3 x28 HD with a 420 cc engine, heated hand grips and duel LED lights and 2 speed reverse!!We did get a bit of snow overnight but not really enough to test it's ability so I will just play with it in the snow..

Today is laundry and tidy up after I get the snow cleared and see if I can fix my hot tub.  The fuse blew and after talking with the man where we bought it I will try again . Left a trouble light on the motor all night and if this fuse blows they will have to make a house call on Tue. Hope it is not the motor!

Better get a move on here..

Forgot to add the temp is up it is -6°!!

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Joy

Good morning, Amy and Lloyd.

Amy, I am so happy that you got your new toy.  I am sure you will find some time today to play outside.  Minus  6º sure it cold. We had a little bit of snow overnight, and it is not supposed to have caused any big problems. 

I just got up and need to get something to eat. But,  I just had to comment on your new "job" for today.  Fixing the hot tub !!!   I had to laugh to myself.  You are just a  "jack of all trades" aren't  you ??  Just never amazes me what all you can get yourself into.   My husband had Multiple Sclerosis and   I had to learn to do a few things, but I am not a "repairman" like you.   You are one "handy lady" to have around. LOL

Will check back later on.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I've been up for a while but had things to do.  Now I'm ready to "set a spell"! 

Our temp is all the way up to 17 right now but we had snow starting sometime during the early hours and still going.  I think it's supposed to last until around noon but not much accumulation.  What I'm wondering is, did Kyle leave to return to Phila. yesterday or do I have to worry about him today?  I guess I'll find out later and just worry anyway in the meantime.

Congratulations on your new dancing partner, AMY!  I hope you don't have to enjoy too many waltzes this winter but it's always nice to have an accomplished partner.

I have laundry to do this morning.  Extra company leaves sheets and towls and other stuff is accumulating.  So I have the washer filling up now and when that's done, I'll throw in a load of sheets. 

Otherwise, I have no plans for the day.  Tomorrow, I plan to take advantage of the extended discount at WM and get a few things I need to keep me going.  I always wait to do that until AFTER Christmas because one never knows what Santa will bring!

Believe it or not, my Christmas gift from my Maryland SIL was a deer!  Yep!  you heard that right!  It was a whole deer, wrapped and frozen and ready to use!  That'll last me a while! 

Now I'm off to throw the sheets in the washer.  Enjoy your day Everyfriend!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is a clear, cool and sunny morning here.  My weather app a few minutes ago said it was 26 but the outdoor thermometer on my front porch said 37 but it is up high on my front porch so I expect it isn't quite that warm here.  I just have two things on my schedule for today.  I plan on attending a meeting this morning and then will stop at Aldi's for a few items.  We decided to have our main meal of the day at noon.  Yesterday at noon we went to the Texas Roadhouse and had a delicious meal as always.  We had stopped at Costco as needed to get the ink cartridges for my Epson printer refilled only to find that they don't refill the ones I need and they also don't stock them in the store.  So I will have to order them.  Fortunately I don't use this printer very often as usually use my laser printer that prints only black. 

Jane, thanks for the info on Kyle.  He sounds like a very fine and responsible individual.  It sounds like you just look for thing to worry about.  You know the worry accomplishes or changes nothing.  :)  Do you get a special discount at Walmart after Christmas?  Where do you store a whole frozen deer?  Do you have a separate freezer? 

June, sorry to read that yesterday was not a good day for you and hope you will feel better today and not so tired.

deAngel, hope you don't end up getting too much snow today.  I remember Minnie Pearl so well and she was always funny with that hat that always had the price tag hanging down.  I saw in the paper where Rose Marie (from the old Dick Van Dyke show had died yesterday.  She was in her 90's and was quite a character, at least in that show and I expect in real life as well. I looked up Flanders but not sure what the decorated duck is. 

Mary Ann, it seems that many of us are not sad to see 2017 end. 

Lloyd, I also noticed that the number of postings here was really down yesterday. 

Amy, happy to see your replacement snow blower also has hand warmers like the one you had to take back.  I bet you get a chance to play with it several times during the upcoming winter months.  Do you have your hot tub in a covered and enclosed space or is it out in the open? 

Joy, we would make a good pair as I am not a repairman either.  Fortunately my son is and he now takes care of the small things that need repair. 

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Well Amy has herself a new play pretty.  Hopefully she wont need to play with it too much.  I noticed she didn't say a word about how the heater worked on that thing.

They are hyping our cold weather that is on the way this weekend.  Not sure what is in store for us, the hype it so much they forget to give you many actual details.  The written word is that it is going down to 24 Monday and 26 Tuesday and you can add about 10 degrees to each of those figures for the high on those days.  I will get out and wrap my outside faucets as a prevention to freezing.

Not much on tap here today, Next week is going to be a busy one though.  Lots of appointments.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Gloria

Good morning everyone, according to the weather we are at 6° now and snow is in the forecast and will be here later. Another stay inside day. All next week it is supposed to stay this cold. Tomorrow night they are having a big new year celebration in Providence and they are already telling people who go to bundle up in layers because it will be colder yet. They have a big party there every year but I sure would not want to be in that crowd.

JOY  my heat is included in my rent. One reason the manager wants it no higher than 68. I just pay my electric and is summer it gets high with the AC running. I am on the south side of the building and I do like it cool in summer.

PHYLLIS  have not seen you pop in in a looooong time. You are missed. Hope you are well. I sure have missed you.

LLOYD  gosh in this cold I only have a warm blanket to cuddle with.

SHIRLEY  this is the first year that I do not enjoy winter, must be getting old ya think?

HAL  43° would feel like a heat wave here. Hope you cold is on it's way out.

MARY ANN  like you we will be in the deep freeze temperatur es all week again. Have not seen many walking around the parking lot the last week. I know I have not gone outside since Christmas day and that is not like me.

LARRY  I have to depend on the CNAs that come here to cook for me. About the only thing I can make is my oatmeal in the mornings. I add it to the boi‌ling water, shut the burner off and put a cover on the pan and set the timer for 15 minutes  and it is cooked. Don't know about Pat but I lay on the couch for at least 30 minutes in the afternoon just to rest my back. If I don't I am in agony. I have not checked out windows 10 yet but 7 will only be supported a few more years and will have to use 10 then if I am still around.

JUNE  hope you feel better today.

GLORIA de  are you as tired of this cold as I am? Will be glad to see it above the freezing mark.

AMY  your new winter dance partner sounds powerful. At least here the -6° would be with wind chill. New Years eve night is supposed to be the coldest yet.

Have a good day everyone and stay warm.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from the Frozen
but Sunny,  rocky coast of Maine.

My insulated shades are up taking advantage
of the rays of sunlight passing through them.

One more day of the hellish year ...
(My opinion, naturally)!

Have a good weekend, everyone as I kiss
2017  GOOD bye!     :thumbup:

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

Good Morning,

'Tis a gloomy day in Central Oklahoma.  Just enough freezing drizzle to make paved areas slippery. Fortunately, there's no place I need to go today.

I was used to driving on packed snow in Colorado but had forgotten about "black ice" when I moved back to Oklahoma.....until the car slid out of the driveway when I'd parked it there to go back in the house for something I'd forgotten.  The motor wasn't running and I had the brakes on - should have pulled into the garage while I had the momentum going.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere a Warm and Enjoyable Day.

Amy

Callie, I have to agree with you on the black ice, I am petrified of that. You have no control what so ever and spin around like a button on an outhouse door!!!

I didn't waltz with the new one, not enough snow so just shoveled the driveway out. I see it is starting to snow more so just maybe tomorrow I will get him going. Put another fuse in the hot tub and again it blew so left a message for the repair man to come fix it.

Gloria, do you have control of the thermostat? If so and you are cold I would put it up past the  68° .

June, hope you feel better today..just take it easy.

Hal, I haven't had a chance to use the heated grips yet....but will check them out.

Larry, the hot tub is out in the sun room.....under cover.I don't have to dig snow off it to use it.

Jane, what a lovely gift for a dear lady!!

Better go see what I can get into..

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lindancer

Good after noon, to all my cyber friends.  It is very cold and snowing, but no wind so far.  I cannot imagine anyone going to Time Sq. to morrow night.  The paper said they expect 2 million! they must all set on their brains, if they do brave the cold and wind.

Larry, did you put in Big Duck , Flanders.  You will see what i mean, about big duck and they have it decorated.

Gloria, I am sure we are having the same snow storm and cold.

Amy

Jimmy Dean

junee

Gloria De. Hello, that is some BIG DUCK.  Happy New Year to you.

June Drabek

Not so good a day in Stanton. Still coughing and that really tires me out. so have loafed all day. I pray tomorrow will be "renewal". Prayers welcome for sure. Hugs and Love, June.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Amy

Prayers and gentle hugs June...hope you get a good nights rest and feel better tomorrow.
Jimmy Dean

mycheal

June hugs and love flying through the air now for your recovery and quick.

This has taken it's toll on you long enough, tis time to see Further Professional help ~

So do consider and seek someone with some knowledge to give you something for that cough !

Mycheal

Denver

We are nearing the last day of the year....one that has passed much too quickly. 

PHYLLIS, it is great to see your wave.  You have been missed and I do hope you will be able to join us again soon. 

AMY, so happy to read about your new dancing partner....he sounds like a guy you might just look forward to dancing with when necessary.  Sorry it was not the fuse on the hot tub....

JUNE, I am sure sad that you continue to feel poorly and the cough is getting you down.  Sleep well and I hope you will feel much better in the morning!  Hugs.

GLORIA de, that is one BIG duck!  Thank you Amy for the sharing the clickable to it. 

CALLIE, our snow packed roads are nothing as fearful as black ice is! 

CAROL, it seems you two have been enjoying your time here at home with the family.  I wish I were heading back to AZ with you as this frigid temps are not to my liking! 

LARRY, thank you for telling me about the Instant Pot.  I hope Pat continues to enjoy cooking with it.  I am getting more and more interested in getting one when they become available again.  Do you have a favorite meal that you always get at TX Roadhouse?  I always get the Chicken Fried Chicken.   I used to get Chicken Fried Steak, then I tried the Chicken and can’t go back.  I rarely eat bread, but I can not resist having their dinner rolls!  I do not care for the honey butter, so I always ask for real butter! 

GLORIA, I, too, think you need to push up the temp in your unit so you can be comfortable.  68 degrees is warm enough for someone moving around a lot, but for your life style you need it to be a bit warmer.  You have not mentioned how Regina is doing, but I do hope well.  I know she missed your daily conversation hole you were out of commission. 

SHIRLEY! are you trying to take it a bit easy these last few hours of the year, I hope? 

MARYANN, I am sorry to read about Jan. 

HAL, glad that your cough is better. 

Pleasant dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

halkel

The big front is blowing in and temps are dropping and the dog is laying on her bed in front of the fireplace sleeping.  And I got the outside faucets all wrapped up.

June, someone on the forum here while back said they put Vicks vapor rub on the bottom of their feet and a pair of warm socks and it stopped them from coughing.  It can do no harm, that I can see, so why don't you try that.  I told the wife yesterday we needed to get some Vicks and I should try it.  My cough seems to be wanting to break up and is finally being productive except when it wants to hang in my throat.

I am heading for my bed, it is going to be cold in the morning when we head to church and temps are suppose to fall all day.
Stew weather with some good corn bread muffins.

Night all, God Bless and Sweet Dreams

Amy

Good morning everyone..
- 26° F this morning and we did get more snow, not a lot though.
A day of rest here, may play in the sewing room for part of it.

Hal, that paints a pretty picture for me of your dog laying in front of the fire.

Genny, I agree with you that the year has flown by but must admit I am looking forward to a much better year.

June, try what Hal suggested and what Mycheal also recommended. There does come a time when we have to bite the bullet and seek other help.

Better go see if the snow is deep enough to dance in.. :thumbup:

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  It's 8º here this morning and I'm sure it was lower overnight.  The furnace never stops running! Thank goodness my oil bill is budgeted! 

I'll be off to church around 10 and then stopping by WM after church to get some things that go off the discount tomorrow.  I like to stock up on some things while I get a discount on them. 

That's all that's on my agenda for today so I guess I'll have to see what else I can get into later.  I can assure you, it WON'T be outside!

Enjoy your day Everyfriend!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.It is -4º here now predicting for -7º for the high today.
I will get out and feed the cow's after while and back to house fast. Nancy has always said I am a accident looking for a place to happen. I have one cow that somehow lost the switch off of her tail. she is always a problem. she jumps the fence every now and then and eats in the yard. she did that yesterday I opened the gate to get her back in. instead of that happening all of the rest ran out to join her. I chased them quite a while on the four wheeler before getting them In. in the process I ran into a guide wire for the light pole. with my left hand and skinned the hide on my left hand on my ring finger between my hand and ring. tore a spot about the size of a piney off very deep. bled for a long time hard. that will be a while healing. have a safe and happy day watching the new year in. do your drinking in moderation if you have to do it.
see you all later. I learned my lesson very early in life. while drinking and driving a boat a on a river, went almost under a bridge but it tore planks out of the bow and the transit off. had twin 35 horse evinrude's engines. big for that day. hit one of them hard. as it was in a slight ark or turn. it landed us in the bar pit. needles to say we sobered up fast and lived to tell about it. that was the last of my drinking and smoking. quit them both but still haven't mastered the swearing when I am upset. Haven't smoked or drank in 62 + years since. Have a great day.

Lloyd