Random Image

poinsettia

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:44:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 1,2018

Started by so_P_bubble, January 01, 2018, 02:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Good Morning dear Hearts.

Gloria….me too. I am old. I feel like I have been blah  for long enough, but I can't seem to talk my self out of this one. The nebulizer helps but it doesn't cure. Still on anti-biotic, so I'll try to be patient. I couldn't live in a better place for the shape I'm  in.

Amy, thank you for your concern dear friend. I'm sure I must be getting better, but I wanted immediate healing…greedy old bag that I am.

Larry, my prayers and sympathy goes out to your wife. Asthma is a thief and a robber, and though I have not been tabbed with that title, I have a lot of shortness of breath, but also coughing up carloads of phlegm. Sorry about that, it sounds icky, and is.  I have heard the same, that most of our body heat escapes from the top of our head.

Hal, My husband loved to shop. He took over the grocery shopping when we moved back to Ca. with three children, all under six years of age, and one automobile. I would keep a running list of "needs" posted and he would shop at his leisure. He also used coupons…loved getting a bargain.

Janie my lunch has just been delivered. Don't remember what I ordered so it will be a surprise. Life is just a bowl of cherries…..they say.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

JaneS

Those darn zzzzs on the sofa grabbed on to me this afternoon and with the help of a couple of cuddly doggies, I lost myself in them.  As my daughter said, this was a good day for that.

She (my daughter) brought by some papers for me to change my Medicare supplement insurance over to the same plan but with another company for a lot less money.  I'm going to call them on Monday and see about doing that.  The gal that does that for the Agency on Aging where they both work has been going over it and came up with some good info.  I'll report back when I'm ?wealthy? from the savings!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Janie, aren't we Blessed to have our kids taking care of us so well ? I decided it is time for me to come alive for a change. my new dose of albuteral is ready to use..so off I go to breathe again.

Denver

A good Saturday evening HELLO to EVERYFRIEND!

Our Christmas decorations are all put away for another year.  The House always looks so bare after this is done....  it is dark too, without the shining lights of the tree. 

My dad is showing a bit of improvement, so I am very thankful for all of the good thoughts and prayers. 

Yesterday was the funeral for the policeman that was killed here on New Years Eve morning.  The procession was over a mile long, with so many different police and firefighters from all over the country joining in to show their respects.  We stayed home until 3 PM hoping to not get in the traffic, but when we left we saw at least 20 police vehicles heading back home, all of which were from out of state.  The funeral was held just a couple of miles from our home. 

AMY, what a thrill for you to see the bald eagle when you went to the dump today.  I hope you start to warm up some now.  Sure glad the thought to hang the bedding out was only for a fleeting  moment!  😱

JUNE, I do hope the antibiotic starts to do it’s job soon for you.  You are indeed, so blessed to live in the home you do. 

JANE, I am sorry about the car issues you have been having, but it seems you have it under control now.  Just hope it holds out tomorrow morning so you can get to church.  I hope you can get the paperwork filled out so you can save some money on your health insurance.  I always like to read that you have been to the Amish Store.

HAL, I am happy you are doing better but sorry that your wife now has the darn cold! 

LARRY, you have my kind of luck with the coupons coming right after I have been to a place and paid full price.  I do not think Mark hopes to go on the golf circuit, but after April he has the credentials to do it if he gets the chance.  He has been contacted by a private exclusive club to interview for a position that would suit his expertise much more than the position he fills now.  If it is meant to be it sure would be a great job for him. 

MARYANN, glad you got the confusion between you and Dot straightened out so you could get your X-ray done.  It appears they did not have any suggestions to help you with your pain? 

GLORIA, you agree with what we have been thinking in that it seemed my dad should have been hospitalized due to the severity of his condition. 

SHIRLEY, I sure hope you have been getting a bit of rest after these holidays are over!  It is a bit of a let down, or at least that seems to be a common thought.  I am happy to have the task done of putting the decorations away, but feel sad that it is over.  We are lucky in that we have Mark’s Wedding to look forward to.  I hope we can plan to spend some time with dad in AZ after the wedding.

I wish you all a good evening. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Shirley

Joy, interesting link, thanks, will save it for the future.  Had a "friend of someone in the family" that had a stroke fairly young (think 50s), had not prepared for anything, much less his wife.  Sadly, she wouldn't listen to advice about "separating" the money when there was a little left & basically living on charity of family & friends and he is being taken care of by Medicaid.  So many things go through the mind when hearing about these situations.  At times I thought we were crazy, doing without when we could afford something better.  But we saved and it has paid off.... at least for now, doesn't mean life couldn't change in a heart beat, I think we all live with that. 

Larry, I had an uncle in MO that gave his kids (7 of them) the max for Christmas... at that time it was $10,000.  He once won a new car in a raffle & gave it back to the church that held the raffle.  They had plenty to last out their lives, all 6 daughters became nurses and took care of them to the end. I'm not sure about Kansas laws but if anyone tried to follow MY money trail they'd go nuts.... I take required IRA in cash & do what I please, gifting to my kids or repairs on the house.... the government didn't help earn it & I don't feel obligated to inform them where it goes.  Nothing illegal about that~ 

We've all dealt with life as we found it..... no regrets for me & hope I can stay this ornery & opinionated to the end, but probably won't, don't expect I'll ever become a sweet little old lady but I'm working on it...  (sure I am)......

Jenny, like you I dangle a carrot in front of my nose to keep life interesting.  Already got reservations at Mt.Princeton for June.  I will take it easy & if my boys try to push me to hike more than I want, I'll go into the old Red Fox routine of.... "I'm comin'..." with hand over my heart & looking to the heavens.  Seriously, looking forward to the trip as are the "boys".  Do you have your dress already, for the "Mother of the Groom"?  Best wishes to the happy couple.  So sad about the police funeral....

Amy, I have not seen the eagles close around here this winter but pretty sure I saw one high in the sky one day.  The osprey has come & gone on south & saw a big blue heron take off when I went down to the river bank tonight.  I've been lazy about getting up in the mornings & know the eagle usually passed by my house very early.  Nothing in the paper about where they are nesting this year.
I do enjoy the wildlife, hope to see some this week when out camping, weather looks to be unusually warm.  How's that for luck?

Hal, not a smart move to share that cold with your wife...... I'm sure she will remember...   :bash:  :noway:   :kiss2:

Mary Ann, that is really a hoot that you & Dot were in the same ER for X-rays.  No wonder the nurses were confused since I would think they mostly go by last names... only different locations for the problems! 

June, hopefully the antibiotic will get the job done & you can feel more like your old self.  I know you work hard to keep the body mobile & no question your mind is clear as a bell.... just need to get you perked up.  How is "baby June" doing & how old is she now? 

Gloria, got to admit I am not as happy with the cold weather this year.  I've been wearing UGGs around the house & to the store & do think it has brought on a foot/heel problem.  I've complained to my friend  & she thinks it is "planters fascitis" & after looking up all the causes & symptoms, agree with her.  No need for a doctor.  I'm still having a lot of pain with that sore bone from when I hit the concrete the week before Christmas.  Don't think they'd do anything for it & not looking for pain pills so no need to run to the Dr.   ;)

Jane, I have one cat that talks me into naps .... she doesn't care to go out unless the sun is shining & she can keep out of the wind.  She won't even go down to the river with the rest of us this week.  They are all fed & down for the night. Our fur babies are a lot of company, aren't they?

Can't believe it's time for that Sat night shower AGAIN!  I know we've had half a dozen Sundays in the last 2 weeks.  Finally got the last box of decorations down to the basement but didn't organize like I planned.  Time to dump some old stuff.  Sweet dreams to all and God Bless. 

halkel

Read all the post and I am now caught up on all the family stuff.
Mary Ann hope the shoulder quits worrying you.

June, I only have two more antibiotics left to take, hope they start to kick in and clear this cold up.  Wife is coughing away, I tell her to take her cough medicine. I went down to KFC and picked up two chicken pot pies for supper, they kinda hit the spot. 

I don't think we will be going to church in the morning the way we feel.  And I really don't want to pass this around any more.

Oh, by the way the wife is not blaming me but my daughter who brought this cold with her when she came up for Christmas.

Good Night everyone, God Bless and Sweet Dreams

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Didn't intend to get up this early but dogs had a different idea. -22° F this morning but it is going to warm up this week so the weather guessers say. A day of rest here although due to the high winds drifting snow has to be removed from the driveway and in the back on the paths for the dogs. Not a big job to do.

Shirley, I love to camp and we did a fair bit of it in the past and as a child. Nice to have your weather co-operate for your camping trip. I enjoy all wildlife....all but spiders... :eek:

Hal, hope you and your wife feel a lot better today. Chicken soup and plenty of fluids and gargle with warm salt water should help.

June, I had to laugh at your description but I think we are all greedy in wanting our health back..NOW. We are not used to being sidelined for any length of time .Hope your bounce is back in your step today.

Genny, this area was noted for eagles long long ago and now they are slowly coming back. Love to see them here.I just have to remember if we have a pup to always go out with them.. Our Border Collie was 8 weeks old and we went outside and I heard something above me and it was the eagle flying over head. Pup would have been a nice snack for him.

Gloria, we had the winds howling for 2 days and now I have to tidy up the mess they made.Hope you are staying warm and happy to read you didn't lose power.

Larry, that is the reason my friend knitted me a balaclava , she said she worried about me doing chores and when I had to open up the ice on the pond for the cows to drink. It really does make a difference but I am not a hat wearer and didn't wear gloves until the past couple of years.

Jane, hope your chariot starts this morning.

Tea is made, porridge is done setting on the back of the woodstove if anyone wants some, fruit and maple syrup to go in it.

Enjoy your day everyone.   
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, just heard on local weather that we broke a record set in 1912 for cold. it is -6° and that is not the windchill.That is like 25 to 30 below zero. Have we moved to the north pole? We have been in the deep freeze for 2 weeks. We should be out of it toward the end of the week. Hooray, might be able to get outside again by the end of the week.

JANE  cold is cold no matter where we live and I am so ready for the 50° the weather guesser  says we will have by the end of this week. At least I am lucky I do not have to go out in it. Bundle up when you go to church this morning. Hope everyone's cars start, too.

AMY  this year for the first time I have worn a warm hat when I go out. I dislike hats but will do every thing to be warm. My jacket has a hood and I have that over the hat. Maybe it is because I no longer move fast but I really feel the cold this year. Maybe it is the age by now? No, old is a frame of mind, right?

PHYLLIS  the sun has been out most days here but has dione little to warm anything up. Sky  has been clear and even at night bright with stars. Hope you made it to the store and home again with enough food to wait out this cold. Stay warm.

LARRY  like you this is the first time the cold has bothered me. Sure does not help my back any. Like you I do not understand why the TV stations send people out in this weather. Even most churches here have canceled services today.

HAL  I remember my parents talking about that popping sound when they lived in Canada. With the cold here thi last 2 weeks I do not know if it is heard here because I have stayed inside. Have you tried honey to sooth your throat? Always worked for my family and me. A teaspoon of it and let it slowly melt in your mouth, don't just  swallow it all at once.

JANE  hoagie or sub here they are called grinders. So many different names for the same thing. I enjoy one at times but been some time since I had one.

AMY  only eagles I have seen were in zoos and the Sand Diego wild anuimal park. I would love to see one in the wild.

JUNE  you make me wish I was living in a place like yours. The staff there are so caring. Here the staff -manager- just does not understan the elderly and can make life miserable for some of us. Hope you feel better soon.

JENNY  wonderful how police from all over go to the funerals of fallen officers. These days it is a dangerous job.

SHIRLEY  don't ever change. If you started being a "sweet little old lady" we would not know you. You have a love of life and people that I envy. Twice I had that pain in my heel and the Podiatrist numbed it and put a shot in it. He also gave me a brace to wear at night if it bothered me again. It keeps the toe part of foot higher, stretching from the heel. Works fine when I need it.

AMY  I have the thermostat turned up and staying inside. I will not go out in this cold.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

phyllis

We didn't starve so obviously we made it out to the grocery store.  Yay!  As for freezing to death...I'm able to post something here this morning so I must be still alive.  Yay, again!  Just one more day of below freezing temps. and we will begin to warm up.   :clap:

Larry and Hal:  Since almost everything  I print on my HP Envy 5530 printer is a document and doesn't need to be printed in color I turned off the color printing and only print in black & white.  Saves a lot on ink expense since I don't need to buy a color cartridge, too.  Also I order Black cartridges from Amazon and it is delivered right to my door within a day or so (I'm a Amazon Prime member) and shipping is free.  I love Amazon!

I hear David stirring around upstairs so I guess I better give some serious thought to breakfast.   Hmmmm....think I'll pull those cinnamon rolls out of the freezer and warm them in the oven.  I'm in the mood for lots of sugar.

Take care, All.   

phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It was a cold 17 degrees when I got up this morning but suppose to get to 40 this afternoon.  I will be going to Church by myself this morning as Pat's back is really bothering her.  She is up early and using the cold pack on it.  I will bring something back for our main meal of the day.  Yesterday I just stayed home and worked in my office all morning, rested after lunch and then watched the Kansas City Chiefs lose to the Tennessee Titans.  I didn't watch the evening game as it came on too late.

Hal, not nice of you to give your cold to your wife.  Glad your cough is better.  I have used the generic ink cartridges over the years with good success until I got these printers.  Do you use the online grocery ordering? 

Jane, the Amish are really getting into the modern era if they are using gift cards.  Glad your car started OK. I recently got one of the big roast beef subs at the Walmart Deli and it was very good.  You do have to add your own mayo or mustard but that is no problem.  I think they have little packs of condiments you can get at the deli counter to go with them but didn't think about it. Always good to find a way to save some dollars on insurance.  However, I doubt that wealthy is something you will become from the savings.  :)

Amy, you are a brave person to even think about hanging your laundry out on such a cold day.  They probably would have frozen dry almost before you got them on the line.  I saw on the news last night that in New Hampshire on top of a tall mountain the wind chill brought the temperature down to feel like 100 below zero and the man blew bubbles and they instantly froze and he could pick them up. 

June, I didn't mind doing the grocery shopping and still don't if I can get an electric cart to navigate the isles.  Pat has never liked to shop until she found she can shop on the computer and is making up for lost time.  Sorry to read that you are still feeling so puny. 

Jenny, it is nice of the policemen and firemen to come to honor a fallen comrade.  There work is so dangerous.  We have had several policemen killed or just die here and the funerals have been similar although I don't think the processional was a mile long for them.  I hope the interview goes well for Mark.  Would this involve another move and to another State?

Shirley, I read the material in the link that Joy shared and printed it out and will put it with my other papers that I hope would be helpful when something happens to me.  I try to update them every January as things change in a year.  Hopefully we have enough savings to supplement the survivor annuity that Pat will get when I am gone that she will be able to continue to have a decent life style.  But you are right that life can change in a heart beat. 

Gloria, your churches are wise to cancel their services with it being such cold and bad conditions.  I expect that is the case in many New England towns.     

Phyllis, there is seldom a week goes by that we don't get one or more deliveries from Amazon.  Glad you were able to get to the grocery store yesterday.  If I want to print in black I just use the laser printer.  Fortunately I seldom print anything in color. 

Lloyd Hammond

Shirley I do not care what the rest of the bunch says I think you are a sweetheart. If i did not already have a bosey lady to holler at me I would chase you see if i could slip up on your blind side. it is 32º going for 36º today here
and calling for rain, but no sign of it here so far. north of us they have freezing rain. i would like to get some moisture but not in that forum,  Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

phyllis as long as you are happie do as you wish,but you cant take it with you when god call's your # , enjoy your time here I bet you have earned it also.

Lloyd

phyllis

I totally agree with you, Lloyd.  I plan to live the way that pleases me from now on.
phyllis
Cary,NC

JaneS

Car started fine this morning and I got there in plenty of time to ease everyone's mind about my reading.  It was a nice service and good fellowship at the coffee hour after the service. 

Then I stopped at the the local grocery store to get the things I still needed to make vegetable soup and I have the meat cooking now.  Tomorrow I'll be continuing that process and hopefully, will get it canned later this week.  Nothing like a nice batch of veggie soup on a cold day to warm one's innards!

Guess I better get the rest of the stuff put away and start thinking about some lunch.  I almost never eat breakfast before church and I'm getting a bit hungry just thinking about food.

LARRY, you're probably right about not getting wealthy on what I save on my medigap insurance but it's sure going to feel like it for a while!

I wish you all a warm day!

Amy

Drifting snow has been cleared away, wood for the garage and the house done.Now to get lunch and then sew :)

Gloria, I do believe that the hat does keep the heat in but gosh I also don't care for them.

Jane, are you doing the soup in the canner or a pressure cooker? Happy your car started!!!

Better go rustle up lunch..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Mary Ann

I feel I am no better today but no worse, either.  Tomorrow I'll call the orthopedic place to make an appointment and I hope it doesn't take too long.  I have an idea I'll be referred to a therapist. 

I didn't make it to church this morning and I haven't talked to Dot yet to see if she went; she was going to try.

Take a look at Grand Haven - lots of snow on ice and people are walking toward the water.

Mary Ann

halkel

Good afternoon everyone!

I am finally moving about, I did fix myself some eggs and bacon this morning, wife didn't want any, she just had a muffin and coffee.

Larry, when my wife was gone I did online grocery shopping and started a list yesterday for WM but wife said she would make it to the store today and not submit the order.  So I didn't.  She does most of her shopping at a different store.

Weather is still mild here, but still overcast.  Gloria I noted that you set a new record breaking a 1912 record.  Isn't it strange how global warming went that far back.  But then more taxes will fix the warming.....LOL

Larry since the pro football players have taken to their knee to honor God only knows what I have lost interest in their game.
Those jerks knocked the country and people who made them millionaires.  I still enjoy college football and loved high school football when I was in smaller towns.  Cities just don't have the same atmosphere.  I always bought season tickets when living in the small towns.

Amy didn't know you had cows.  How many head do you have and do you milk any of them?  If so send me some buttermilk, love the stuff.

Back to my couch.

Lindancer

Good afternoon  Taffy is unhappy as the snow is so deep outside the sliding glass doors, she cannot see out.  I put a dish with bird seed out in and old dish on top of the snow band on the porch.  Lot of snow birds, sparrows, and 3 blue jays. Of course one squirrel came to mess things up. But I cannot chase him, as he needs to eat also, they will just have to share.

Phyllis, I would like to come down and have breakfast with you, I like the sound of hot buns.When my son Mark was about 2, he could not say roll, and he would ask for hot holes

Amy, I wore a knitted hat to the doctors Friday, and had more complements on it, even in Walmarts.  the hat was over 30 years old, and had tiny shinny disk knitted in it.

Jenny, I hope your father keeps feeling better, it is not easy at our age. the cold is really bother my back and shoulder.

Hal, My mother also would give us   lemon and honey for our colds. Of course when i got older a little hot whiskey was added.

Gloria, I have a portable heater next to the computer going when I am here.  Mobile homes have cold floors, as the ground is just a few feet away. In NY we order sub sandwiches.  When we moved to SC in 1940, they were calling pizza'a tomato pies.  Of course I was saying stoop, and they were say side porch or veranda

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Amy

Hal, I had cows, don't have any now. I used to hand milk a Jersey for the house and half a gallon jar would be cream so butter was made . I gave away the buttermilk to a neighbour he liked it, and some went to the chickens and dogs.If I was baking then some stayed in the house. :thumbup:

Gloria de  ,we have lots of blue jays, doves and juncos.....but not many chickadees this winter.
Jimmy Dean

CallieOK

Good Afternoon,

It's raining in Central Oklahoma - no freezing, no wind - just plain old rain!  I read that it had been 51 days since we'd had even a sprinkle.

Church was full this morning and the usual OTL ladies went to our favorite diner, which was also busy.  It was just sprinkling before and after church but, by the time we left the restaurant, it was pouring!

Fortunately,  I had worn "layers" and a lined raincoat with a hood so I didn't have any problems - except that driving with the windshield wipers going full blast makes me a bit discombobulated.
Also fortunately,  I only had a few blocks to go to get home.

Son has a head/chest cold so isn't coming for our planned "file cabinet work session".
I'm off to become a recliner radish...and probably borrow a few of Janie's zzzzzzzz.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

Lindancer

Amy many years ago when you cold buy raw milk, my husband from Ala. bought a small churn, and would make butter and of course butter milk. Till the day he died he drank a qt. of butter milk a day. Of course he made a lot of corn bread.

I use to have a lot of doves, two years ago I counted 20 now, I only see one once in a while. When I moved here 34 years ago the quail  use to walk through the yard  loved to watch them. Also in the Spring a mother duck with babies would  walk across the street from the pond, and would feed at my bird feeder. Use to have garter snakes in the garden, have not seen one in years. Sad to see our nature fad. New people complain if you put bird feeders  out, as it messes up there cars

June Drabek

Tisie…..Baby June will be three years of age in Sept , and I understand runs the household "her way". Her two older brothers are her slaves..they seem to have no choice. She is one very fortunate little girl, so loved by all. If she follows in the footsteps of her her great grandmother she has a few "hard knocks" coming her way. Self-made, stubbornness caused. But she lives in a loving, God-following family.

Hal, I don't know how many antibiotics I have left, as they dole them out to me. It is the same thing I had last Dec.  "azithromycin". In my opinion it doesn't do much good, since this all started on my 93rd, Birthday. They push my cough syrup here, but my problem seems to me is in my chest..not my throat. The albuterol in the breathing machine seem to be the most help to me. No Church for me either Hal, but God is as close as a breath or a heart beat.

Amy, I am not up to any bouncing yet..but I am alive, I am here, I am breathing, I do not have much of an appetite, but I eat, I sleep well, so I am thankful and love being here with all of you good, good people.

Gloria, I am so proud of you for going out in that awful cold weather, and you are wise to bundle up properly. I wonder if that very, very cold weather is destroying a lot of germs ? I have been reading about the horrors going on at JFK airport. It sounds like a real nightmare. My dear friend, I too wish you and others could be living in a place like Rowntree Gardens. They are SO caring.

Phyllis, I too am an Amazon fan, and have the Prime membership. It was Bis/Joan that sold me on the program. How I miss that dear lady. She is one of a kind !

Larry, I am tired of feeling puny, but my thankfulness overcomes my complaints.I can walk, I can talk, I can eat, I can digest, I can hear, breathing takes a bit of effort, but it still works. I'm so sorry your wife has so much pain, plus that devil asthma she has to live with.

Time for me to get out for a walk. Since I missed Chapel again today, I want to pick up a program so I know who is doing what while I am gone.

mycheal

June, Your an inspiration, keep the spirit, I sense things are on the uphill climb.
And the albuterol doing its' job and more so soon.

Be well keep up that spirit. That walk is a blessing for you :) keep it up when possible :)

Mycheal

Lindancer

Good evening down to 8, guess i will not go for a evening stroll.

June, as everyone write, you write words that are so uplifting. When the doctor walks in and says to me, how do you feel? if I didn't have to walk and breath, I am in great shape, but I am here. That seem to satisfy them. Looks like I am going to get ahead of you again, I will be 94 in Feb.
WE still have our own small groupies club. 90+

June Drabek

Gloria de, thank you my friend for inspiring me. Now I am determined to join you in the 94 years group, so hang in there girl and wait for me. We have about twenty people living here that have passed the one hundred mark, and they are still going strong.

Lloyd Hammond

Hal they left the bourbon out. It should be honey lemon and bourbon equal parts. it wont make you drunk and will cure head or chest. a local drugest gave us the formula. also if you look on the label of what you buy over the counter or your doctor gives you they all contain same ingredient. have a great evening and sweet dreams.

Lloyd

halkel

Lloyd, nothing I am taking right now has any alcohol in it.  Nothing against alcohol, I have more than the average bear invested in all forms of it.  But finally learned my lesson and only partake on special occasions.  Your druggist was just passing on a time honored toddy recipe which my Grandad used also.  And I suspect that it was a good excuse to have a good stiff drink.

I meant to ask you, how are your bees doing in all this cold weather.  Hope they are getting lots of food so they can keep warm.

June, sleep well.  We all love you.

Got my pre-op appointment in the morning for my other eye
I will be happy when that is done.

Nite all, God Bless and Sweetdreams

Lloyd Hammond

Hall it is and has been tooooo clod to open the hive up to look in on them. has been lot of days past since it has been warm enough for them to get out side and work. so i just pray they are alright. I will let you know as soon as we have enough warm enough weather to look, thanks for asking. it is 31º @4:54 AM
and heading for 46º today they say. have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

The temp is +19 ° wow..balmy from the - 29° , along with warmer weather it also blessed us with more snow. Looking out it doesn't seem much maybe 2-3 inches, but it does have to be moved.

Hubby wants to head to the "other" city this morning to look for winter boots. We will wait a bit and let the highways get cleaned then head out.

Better go get ready....hmmm wonder who I will dance with Mr Snow blower or Mr Shovel???

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  Our temps are also slightly up today but there is snow in the prediction.  We shall see what transpires.  If it snows enough, they will close the schools early and if the driving is too bad, I won't get to see Kiran today.  I'm thinking it's not going to amount to that much and snow isn't so bad to drive in.  They are predicting freezing rain on Wednesday and that's when I stay home.

Soup is ready for delivery to church and to eat and I have enough beef left for another batch later in the Spring.  I've discovered that it's time to make barbecue sauce.  I'm just about out and I prefer my own to purchased.  I'll have to think about that! 

I'm waiting to see the oil bill and then I'll decide if I go into debt for the insulation.  I suppose saving on one thing and spending on another isn't a particularly good plan. 

I wish you and yours all warm and well!