Random Image

Babies

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:51:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 1,2018

Started by so_P_bubble, January 01, 2018, 02:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  While it is 28 degrees this morning we are to get up to around 50 this afternoon and then the rest of the week will be warmer with possibility of some rain.  Pat thinks the improvement from the shots in her back may be over as yesterday and again this morning she is back to using the ice and taking the muscle relaxants and taking half of a pain tablet.  I just fixed her breakfast and we plan on TV Dinners, which we have in the freezer and they need to be eaten, for our main meal today probably with a little salad.  I have nothing particular on my schedule for today and don't expect to leave the house other than to go to the mailbox this afternoon.  I am looking forward to the Georgia/Alabama college football Championship game tonight and will be pulling for Georgia.  I did watch parts of both of the playoff NFL games yesterday over the weekend.  I was pulling for Carolina to beat New Orleans.  They gave them a tussle but in the end New Orleans won.  However, the Atlanta Falcons won their game on Saturday and will be in the playoffs that start this weekend. 

Lloyd and Phyllis, a good idea to spend our money for the things that please us.  Pat and I have the same philosophy. 

Jane, glad to read that your car cooperated with you yesterday.  That vegetable soup sure sounds good. 

Hal, I agree with you on the pro football players disrespecting the country that has allowed them to become rich.  I lost a lot of interest in the pro games as well although have watched some of them recently and will probably through the Super Bowl.  It will be interesting to see the impact on season ticket sales next year.  Glad the time is now at hand for you to have the cataract surgery. 

Amy, aren't you glad you no longer have to get out morning and night and milk the cow.  I grew up on a dairy farm and we usually milked 20 cows.  I was so glad to get away from the farm and when I left Dad changed to beef cattle.  Glad to see you are having a balmy day today although our definitions of what balmy is differ greatly.  :)

Callie, our Sunday School class was about up to our usual number yesterday and this surprised me considering it was cold.  We didn't have a full Church but a nice turnout. 

June, glad you get such good care there at Rowntree Gardens.  Fortunately my wife doesn't have too much problem with the asthma and the inhalers seem to deal with the problem.   

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!!
Sunshiny morning here and suppose to get nice and warm today.

Lloyd, I hope the bees are doing okay.  They have a hard life having to survive during the long winter months.

I have to get myself in the bathroom and get myself cleaned up so I will get off here and get at it.

Lloyd Hammond

Larry I seen a bumper sticker I liked once. It said we are spending our children's inheritance.sounds like a plan to me. sun is shining bright here and is up to 29º
and headed for 46º they say. hate a great day.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Now terrible cold this AM. TV guesser says 23°, almost a heatwave. Slept better last night than the last week or more.

PHYLLIS  just heard on local weather that this has been the longest we had in consecutive days of below 20°  on record. 

LARRY  Mt. Washington in NH is the highest point in New England and it somewhere where all the winds seem to swirl around. This cold has not been kind to my back either. I either have to sit or lay down to feel half human but cannot do anything if that is all I do.

JANE  this weather is perfect for home made soup.

AMY  I feel like you about hats but this year I have worn one more than ever.

HAL  I think someone's cold has got to me. Woke sneezing and coughing all morning.

GLORIA de  Squirrels will take all the bird seed and leave nothing for the birds.

JUNE  hard to believe baby June is already a little over 2 years old. September is 8 months away. My little great grandson is 2 1/2 now and too smart. I have not gone out in sever al days and the way I feel this morning I will stay in again today. Like you I miss JOAN and wish there was some news about her. Too long since we have.

GLORIA de when anyone asks how I am I tell them fine except for my back. If asked how I feel I answer with my fingers, have to make a wisecrack.

HAL  every thing these days seem to have a pre-op appointment. Wonder how necessary they are or if just a way to make more money.

AMY  hope you do not have to dance with nothing to do with snow. Hope the roads are clear for you drive.

JANE  no snow here today but Thursday 50° bringing rain with it. Hard to believe we will go from -6 0° to 50° in 4 days.         

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Amy

I danced with the shovel first then later on I used the snow blower...and it is still snowing and is going to stay there until tomorrow. Weather did not look promising to go to  the city and I said there are better days travel.

Have a good fire going and after my tea I think sewing is in order :).
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

CallieOK

Merry Monday, Everyfriend,

Sunshine is back - not too sure about the "warmer" temperatures but they're supposed to be coming.

I read something about 2018 being the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1.  I have my Dad's photo album from his days as an army quartermaster in La Rochelle France (not in any battles) during this war and am wondering if I can find some place that would restore and preserve some of them.  Not sure I trust "general" stores to do that and don't find any local area place on Google that mentions doing so.

I don't have a fancy photo app on my computer but had good luck scanning and restoring a daguerreotype of my grandmother from the 1870's.  So maybe I'll try with a few of the album photos that don't particularly need to be preserved.
We shall see.

Wishing Everyfriend Everywhere an Enjoyable Day.

halkel

Callie, you might want to check out the following link:

https://legacybox.com/collections/photo-scanning-service
The have an 800 number you can call to answer questions

https://www.archives.gov/preservation/family-archives

Might want to look at the second one for DIY

CallieOK

Thanks so much, Hal.  I do pretty well with my scanner but always interested in expert advice - and The Library of Congress is definitely "expert".

June Drabek

Good Evening dear hearts and gentle people. Have read all you messages. And I don't have much to contribute. This day has just disappeared, without any contributions from this lazy old piece of baggage in Ca.  We did get the promised rain fall, haven't heard any  numbers yet, but it was gentle in our area. More expected during the night and tomorrow, Thank You God.

I am finishing up on all the food I was given during my incarceration while on the antibiotic and will start associating with my usual dining companions tomorrow. It's time to order some stuff on line too.

My Dori and Gary have returned from their vacation in Idaho. Gary came home with a cold, but he plans to do our Bible study on Wed.

Time to go chow down and get ready for an early bed and book. Have a Blessed night my beloved friends. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

halkel

Where did everyone go?  No one is posting tonight, guess everyone is watching the "big" game.

Didn't do much today but go to the doctors office for my pre-op paperwork and started my income taxes.  Just have to wait on the statements from different folks.  I swear I hope the tax overhaul does cut down on what all the government wants, in the way of information.  For any who are interested you may want to look into OLT to do your taxes with.  It's free.
https://www.olt.com/main/home/default.asp

Well I am going to bed and watch a little of the game and pull the covers up and get some sleep.

Nite All, God Bless and Sweet Dreams

JaneS

Now run along home
and jump into bed.
Say your prayers
and cover your head.

The very same thing
I say unto you.
You dream of me
and I'll dream of you!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

Awh, what a sweet poem, JANE.  I have never heard this, but I plan to remember it to use the next time one of my little ones are around.
I will dream of you, too❣️

JUNE, you sound much better today.  I am happy, happy, happy!   Sorry Gary managed to pick up a cold while on their trip up North...
I just hope he is feeling much better and not still contagious when he come to you Wednesday.

LARRY, your team did not win tonight but it sure was a great game.  My Alabama born hubby was happy to see The Crimson Tide win. 

Marks was pleased that his interview went very well today, however he does not expect to hear anything for a couple of weeks. 

We are going to have a beautiful day tomorrow so we plan to get out to enjoy the National Western Stock Show. 

Pleasant dreams to all. 

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Good Morning to you,
Good morning to you,
We're all in our places
with sunshiny faces.
Good morning to you.
Good morning to you!

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Slept in and have some snow to deal with before VON gets here bee back later...

Janie ,loved your poems especially the shiny faces. Golden girl thought I was sleeping too long and I soon had her wet tongue on my face and in my ear!!! :P
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had a dusting of snow over night but now the sun is shining. With all the freezing weather here many places had pipes burst, quite a few schools were closed because of damage. So many of the schools are very old and seems there is no money to fix them or build new ones. In the state capitol, Providence it is worse.

CALLIE  good luck finding someplace that can restore those old pictures.

JUNE  glad you are feeling better.

HAL  have fun with your tax filing.

JANE  cute poem.

JENNY  hope Mark's dreams come to fruition with that interview.

JANE  you closed yesterday with an uplifting spirit and star ted the day chipper. Looks like you are feeling good. Keep it up.

AMY  love the way a pet tells you it is time to get up.

Either I am early this morning or not many “up and at 'em” yet.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Lloyd Hammond

good morning everyone. the weather guesser says partly sunny but I see none.
say 30º also high for 47º today. well stay in if possible and stay warm.
keep a big smile, the nice thing about a smile is you can keep it and give it to everyone you see. also smile and the whole world smiles with you, have a great day.

Lloyd

JaneS

I'm off to Wally World!  Wish me smiles!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  The cold has moved out and we expect to get into the low 60's this afternoon.  It didn't get to freezing last night.  I don't expect to go anywhere today unless Pat feels up to going out for our big meal.  She may not want to do that since we start our Wednesday night dinner tomorrow night at the Church.  Last night I watched Georgia University get beat by Alabama University in the college football championship game.  It was a very entertaining game and went into overtime before Alabama won.  It kept me awake until after midnight, which I something I try to avoid but this was a special event. 

Lloyd, I have seen that same bumper sticker about spending our children's inheritance. 

Gloria, you all deserve some warmer weather.  I expect a lot of records have been broken during this cold spell. Sure hope you aren't coming down with a cold.  I have had calls to handle the pre-op appointments but had to go in person for the cataract surgery as they did more testing at that time as well as fill out a lot of papers.

Amy, hope you were able to get some sewing done yesterday.  I am sure that is more enjoyable than being out in the cold shoveling snow. 

June, glad to see you are able now to start associating with others today.  Hope you are feeling much better.

Hal, other than gather our papers and get everything ready for income tax filing it will be next month before IRS has all the forms and instructions ready.  I can never file until late March anyway due to one investment that doesn't have final figures until then.  Did you watch all of that game last night.  At least in Central time you didn't have to stay up past midnight like I did.  That is a beautiful facility they played in at the new football stadium in Atlanta.  For over a billion dollars it should be nice. 

Jane, Pat's aunt used to always end her telephone conversations with us telling us to give the other person a hug and we would get one also. 

Jenny, nice to read that Mark was pleased with his interview.  I agree that it was a great game last night with two almost equally matched teams.  They both have bright futures with those young quarterbacks. 

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Larry, no I didn't see the end of the game.  I went to bed intending to watch the game and ended up going to sleep.  Ga was ahead when I got in bed.  The seemed to swap a lot of punches in the game, more than normal.

Wife has a lady coming shortly to measure a couple of bedrooms and give us a quote on some new carpet so I need to get off here and get cleaned up.

Everyone have a great day.

Joy

Good Tuesday morning.  Still cold here, but a little better temperatures this morning.  38º when I turned the computer on.   SUpposed to be up near 60º by the end of the week.  And the sun is shining, tho.

Larry, several days ago you asked if my son collected a certain kind of mug?  I had never heard that name before.  But, no, when he worked for the Defense Dept., he traveled quite a bit,.  So, most of them are from places he traveled to.  And, then, they also go on a lot of vacation trips, and pick them up at those various places.  He built several shelves in their kitchen dining area that goes around the wall to display them all.  I don't know just how many he has anymore.  And, then, I remember giving him different kinds over the years as gifts.

And,  Phyllis, you asked if I am working on anything special now.  I started an afghan a while back and am still working on it. Wasn't real happy with the color combination I chose, so you know how that goes.  When I don't particular like the colors I am working with,  it is hard to work on it sometimes. With the holidays over now, I might get back to it.  It isn't for anything special, so I will probably donate it to the Linus project.  I have been doing much for them for a while now.  My fingers don't work real well anymore, and then, at times, can pose a problem. 

I remember you made so many pretty things.

I have been up for a while, but still slow moving.  Have a lot of little jobs I could be doing, but just slow-going.

I need to finish putting a few Christmas decorations away, and then straighten things up a bit. 

Jane, glad you are feeling better.  I like your cute little poems this morning. Hope you have a good day at work.

Gloria, there has been the same kind of problems down in Baltimore city with the schools heating problems.  So many of the schools right down in the city are old with decrepit heating systems.  Of course, the powers -that -be are blaming each other for all the problems.  Plus, so many water pipes have broken and the streets and sidewalks are sheets of ice.  I have a friend who lives on a street where the water pipes broke over 3 weeks ago, and they still have not been back to do any repairs.  They stopped the water gushing, but didn't fix the problem.  She hasn't sent her children to school since they started back from the holidays.  She said the ice is about 8 in. thick on the sidewalks.  Way too dangerous for kids that have to walk to school. 

Luckily, in my area, we didn't get too much snow, but what we got, is still sticking around from it being so cold.  This weekend will be like a heat wave going through. But, not supposed to last very long. And, old man Winter will be back to visit us.  So far, tho, we have not had that much snow. Most of the couple snowstorms have come up from the south and went on up the coast.  The boardwalk down in Ocean City, Md. is still covered with a lot of snow.   Looks pretty,  if you don't have to be out in it.

I need to get on with my day.  Hope everyone will be able to keep warm and enjoy some sunshine.

Joy

BIG BOX

June Drabek

Janie, Good morning to you,
Good morning to you…..
We're all in our places,
Wlth sunshiny faces,
And this is the way,
To start a new day. ;)

Amy, Waking with wet tongue in my ear, may result in a dog with a black eye. You are such a good, patient doggy mom. :tickedoff:

Gloria we had a lovely rain  yesterday and through the night, but this morning the sun decided to assert itself, and won't let the clouds do their thing. I'm still coughing and spitting and blowing. I had to tell the clinic their breathing machine was being naughty, and popping a tube connection, so she is taking care of that. Also she will cancel a four a.m. check to see that I am still here.  At first I thought the wake up was my imagination…no one comes in, just a light knock and a peek inside. This morning it was a very LOUD knock, so I realized it wasn't my dreaming.

I have no activities planned for the day. Still don't feel like "me" yet so I'll try to act my age. My Gary will be doing Bible studies tomorrow and I don't want to miss that. I do plan to go down for lunch today, and bring enough home for supper.

Lindancer

June, hope you are feeling better each day.  When I was in the hospital last year with pneumonia, the gave me  plastic tub, with a ball in it, which i had to blow in every hour, 10 times to get the ball to the top of the tube. I still use it every once in a while to keep my lungs clear.

Joy my husband had a small collection of beer steins that our son got him while station in Germany.  One was a hunter stein, and you had to find the right place to drink out of it, or it ran on your face. Of course my Cyriel had a lot of fun with that one

Larry I sure hope Pat starts feeling  better, as I have written before, I went for a couple of years for those shots in the back, and the last one were 4 shots right across the back, and the anesthesie coast more then the shots. they lasted about a month and did not want to pay

Jane, enjoyed your cute poems

Jenny glad to hear Mark, did well on the exam.  Enjoy your day out. Hope you are hearing good news about your did

Amy I never could keep up with you. My getup and go is gone

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

halkel

I have a favor from all, Steve my SIL is at the emergency hospital with a severe case of strep throat that has gone septic, they are trying to find a bed in ICU but the flu has them full.  Please all your prayers will be appreciated.

Joy

Lin,  funny that you should mention the beer stein that your husband had the secret spot to drink out of.  I have a pitcher that is the same way.  It  is an antique pitcher, probably close to 100 years old by now.  It had belonged to my aunt and  it has holes around the top of the opening.  I had almost forgotten about it.  I have it sitting on a shelf that I hardly even notice it.   You have to find the right hole to draw the liquid up out of it.  If you tilt it to drink,  the liquid will run down your chin.   I will have to get it down and see if I can find the right place to drink from it.

I don't think I have ever heard about anything similar to that before.  I know years ago when my aunt still had it,  it was always fun for her to get it out to show people and ask them to drink out of it.  Not knowing about how to drink from it,  always made for a fun time when the water would go all down the front of the person.  I think it does have a name for it.  I will have to try and see if I can find out anything about it. 

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Prayers for your sil Hal..hope he is soon back home.

MaryAnn , I think my get up go and went with yours :)
Jimmy Dean

Mary Ann

Be sure to read the folder "I don't know where to start" by Ken Corson, son of Jeanne Lee, about her condition, which is not good.

Mary Ann

Denver

HAL, possitive thoughts and prayers for Steve....this flu is really bad right now all across the US.  So sorry to read this news. 

It was a beautiful day here....nearly 70*!  We went out to the National Wester Stock Show and enjoyed our time very much. 

GLORIA de,  we have a few bier steins that we purchased when we lived in Germany. The hunter one  Cyriel had sounds like a cool one.  I do think I remember one of those.  My dad is starting to show a bit of improvement, thank you for asking. 

JUNE, I hope you are feeling more like yourself tomorrow so you can enjoy your time with Gary and his Bible Study. 

LARRY, nice to read that the Wednesday Night meals will be starting at your church tomorrow.  I know how much you all enjoy them. Glad you have warmed up today.  We have a pretty sever storm heading for us tomorrow.....it is the storm that is causing the flooding and mud slides in Southern California.  I am very sorry to read that Pat’s back pain is back.  Please tell her I am sad that the last shot did not last. 

GLORIA, I have been watching the issues of the school situation and the lack of enough money to do anything about it.  Very sad.  Thank you for the kind words about Mark getting his job. 

Thank you, MARYANN, for the heads up about Jeanne Lee.

I just read Ken’s message and I am so sad for him and our Jeanne Lee. 

I wish EVERYFRIEND a good evening.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

June Drabek

Hal, Steve is in my Prayers for  Gods' perfect healing. Is Steve the good guy that takes you to place where you need transportation, etc.  he sounds like you need him for sure.

Jenny, thank you. I have beeh feeling a  bit more alive each day, so I am sure I will get down for Gary's class.

Gloria de, I do try to remember to do breathing exercises each day, but my "rememberer" I pretty faulty now. I know it helps a lot to keep at it. I've got to have a bite to eat or I'll forget all about supper.

Lindancer

Hal, I have come in here late night to tell you I have joined the pray chain for Steve.  Extra prays go to you and the rest of the family.

Joy and Jenny, Cyriel always had fun with the Hunter Stein. When we had our yard sale  before we moved into a mobile home I sold a lot of his steins, but did keep just a few of the special ones, one glass one is from Austria.  Dennis also sent us a beautiful hand carved cuckoo clock  from the Black Forest I felt so bad as one box was lost, and the clock was in it. I still do not understand how that could have happen.

Good Night to all with hugs and prays to those others in need.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

Where is the folder about JeanneLee?  I can't find it!