Random Image

better kelly and kirk

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:30:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

A beautiful sunny day here on the Oregon Coast. Yesterday was sort of overcast but I did get in 3 walks with Freckles. I posted a cute picture of Freckles on Facebook of her on her very own bed at the Moted sound asleep.

Keith seems to be doing well,  I think the Aricept is finally taking effect on him. He goes back to the dr. on Thursday. I got a letter from my insurance stating that she had left the clinic on Nov. 30, I called the clinic and she is still there and they had not heard anything about her leaving. So I will ask her when we go on Thursday.

I have been writing and signing the checks for just over a month now. Yesterday he put me on the savings account. Now, I  need to have him find out if he has a beneficiary on the stock account IRA, I have talked to them when he got a small payout of the interest this year, but he had to be right there to answer the questions and give the OK to send him a check.

maryz

Jeanne, no pool here, unfortunately - and no place to put one if they did want to do that.  I go to the YMCA.  It's about a 15-minute drive (was much closer to the house, but...), but it's still exercise and I enjoy that and the people in the group.  So I keep going.

jane, glad you're able to get out and walk.

Sue, sounds like you're set for reading for the holiday.

Marilyn, glad Keith is responding to the meds.

"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Yes, Marilyn, it is wonderful that Keith is responding to the meds. Not all do.  You are so wise to look into all the financial holdings now while he can give permission.  Now if you can just get the POA and HPOA, you ccan relax and know you're able to control things for both of you.  Freckles looked so cute in the bed.

I've been out and taken my walk and John is out taking his now, so I doubt we will get any undecorating done.  I just realized that Monday is NYD which is when we usually put everything away, so guess I can relax.  I do still have my other PT exercises to do, but my back/hips were hurting so much when I got home that I wasn't up to doing them then. Later.

Mary, I know the water, etc is warm, it's just getting dried off afterwards abd bundled up to go out in the cold.

Sue, did you see where Sue Grafton, the author of the alphabet mystery series died yesterday?  Her wishes were that no films, TV shows, or continuation of the series be done, so it ends with Y.  Glad you got stocked up on books for the weekend.  I started a new one last night.

Jane you dress a lot lighter for 50 degrees than I do!!  Hope you get your passwords organized.  Sharon

JeanneP

I just read where Sue Grafton passed away. She has one book coming out which is the Y. So will not be a Z. I didn't realize she had written so many. I like her books and have read a lot of them but never really kept up with the Alphabet. I think if Movies or TV would have been interested they would have approached her with big money. Most would not turn them down.  Most of the good writer seem to be dying off now and some that are writing are not worth reading. They say now that anyone who writes a book can get it printed. They go right to the E readers for free or 99 cents.   
JeanneP

SCFSue

I've read all the Sue Grafton books except Y and still have lots of them.  Toward the end they were pretty much the same plot and characters.  But still fun reads.  Her detective character was especially appealing, IMO.

Jean, I feel for you when it snows.  I can remember many mornings when we lived in Maine having to get up early to shovel the driveways (we lived there twice) and clean off the car.  The snow plows came by during the storms and lots of snow was pushed up against the driveways.  I was glad when Bill (oldest son) was big enough to help with the shoveling!

Sharon, I'm dressed and ready for church.  It's raining here, and will probably turn to sleet.  Bonney will pick me up for church about 10:30.  Olyne has family here and won't be going this morning.  We don't have SS today.

Mary, I finished one of the "Callahan Gerrity" detective mysteries last night and will start on something else when I get home from church.  It's pretty boring around here on Sundays and I really ought to start taking decorations off my Christmas tree.

Marilyn, I'm glad to hear the Aricept is helping Keith.  I've been taking it for about a year and I think it helps me.  My long term memory is still great, but it's the short term that I tend to forget.  Tim writes everything he wants me to remember on my calendar which I keep on my fridge and I check it daily. 

Jane, it sounds like you could be singing one of Jimmy Buffet's songs about vacationing in Paradise.  I envy you the pleasant weather.  It's pretty chilly here and dripping light rain.  A yucky day outside!

I'm off to get my jacket and purse ready to go to church.  I'm going to BK afterwards with Bonney, which means I'll have to eat a burger and fries.  And sit there longer than I'd like.  But hey, at least I'll get out of the house.

Have a good day, Buddies.
Sue

SharonE

It's really cold here, but we did go to church. Had to stop and fill up the gas on the way home which was a cold activity. 

Nothing planned here for today other than some snacks and watching the ball drop tonight. 

I'm glad that Aricept helps people. I think John's sister is on it too.

I've read some of Sue Grafton's alphabet books but not many.  I'm reading a Macomber book from one of her series that was on Hallmark, but it is farther along in the story than the TV show, The Cove or similar.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BUDDIES!! :hb2:
Sharon

SharonE

That wish was supposed to be red!  I went back and checked it and it was right, but it came out black.. Hope that's not an omen for the new year!

jane

Sharon...check to make sure your message is between the color tag and the end tag.

[color=red ] Your message here [ /color]  [I put spaces in the tags so you could see the coding.]

I've found the easiest way is to type the message, then highlight it and click on the color.  That puts the tags front and back and not together.

Walk is done.  We wanted to get that in before the rain and NNW winds come in.  The hot tub and pool are packed.  Lots of people here for the weekend.

Meeting friends for supper tonight.  I expect it'll be a long wait for a table...and almost nowhere takes reservations. 

jane

maryz

The sun just came out here - for the first time today.  But the temp is only 34!  Brrrr.  A friend here is from Nebraska.  A family member told her it was -28 there today.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Thanks, Jane. Don't know what I did as I usually get it right, but anyway, it's corrected now!

jane

Looks good, Sharon!

Mary...yep, Midwest is beyond freezing...way down below that mark.  Nephew and niece who are coming Thurs had -22 this morning.

It's still warm here...low 60s, but raining...and gale force winds may being outside nasty.  We met friends for supper and now are in for the night...and probably all day tomorrow as well...since it's to be much colder with a high of 49.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, BUDDIES!

May the New Year  bring us all good health and great joy.

maryz

May you leave behind all the bad things of 2017, and take the good things with you into 2018.  May 2018 bring you  more good things than bad, and the bad things only irritations.

I wish you all peace, love, and understanding.

SCFSue

Thank you for the good wishes, Buddies.  I am also hoping for a happy, healthy 2018 for all of us.

Happy New Year!
Sue

joyous

Friends:
The Deep  South is (at my apartment in Williamsburg  Senior Living)registering
21, with a 35 high for the day and 19 for the low tonight----certainly not temps
for the Deep South---

maryz

It was 12* when I got up this morning (at 7:30).  The birds were not happy when I didn't go out immediately with the feeders.  It was 25 at 10 a.m. when I put them out.  Brrrrrr!  It's supposed to be in the teens every morning this week.  Sharon, you'll be happy to know there'll be no early morning swimming for me!

Cottoncandy

Good morning on this first day of 2018..22 degrees here...wintery mix..hard freeze next 2 days...but..by Saturday it will be 70...gotta love Texas weather.....I did not stay up to see the old year out...was in my warm bed by 10..reading...hope everyone has a fabulous 2018...Darlene

jane

Same here on se coast of Tx...cold, raining and very windy.  My sis in Ohio has -7 this morning, so I imagine GinnyAnn has about the same. 

We’re in and watching football all day today.  Pizza for supper. 

Jane

SharonE

It's about 31 here.  Brrr.  Like Joy said, not the norm for the south. I know all my kids are suffering single digit temps in the MW.  I can't even compute what Joc is going through in Minneapolis---minus 11!!  It sounds like all of you are experiencing cold weather too.  I do hope it warms up and dries up for Jane for her company.

We stayed up to see the ball drop, but went to bed shortly after. I slept in till 9:20 this AM!! After getting dressed and eating etc.  We started on the undecorating.  We have all but the tree done now and are taking a break.  John brought all the boxes in and all the outside decorations. Some of the things I got  boxed and some he handed to me so I could sit and wrap and box.  It's an ordeal. I may cut back some next year, but some of the things are so special to me, I would hate not to have them out.

Mary, had to laugh that you didn't go swimming today.  Not even a consideration for me in these temps, but I really should start going for water walking when things warm up a bit

I liked your NY's wish, Mary. Much better than my generic one.  I second it.

Hope everyone's team wins today. Unfortunately, the Panthers lost badly yesterday.  Sharon

jane

I’m sure Sue is yelling at her TV right now.  Although her SC beat Michigan, it’s very close with Auburn and UCF.

It’s still so cold here and 31mph winds out of the NNW.  Friends just tected me their daughter’s flight out of Harlinger for Mpls was cancelled....they had no deicing stuff!  The next date they could get for a flight was Jan. 4!  They’re renting a car in Brownsville and driving to Houston for a flight tomorrow afternoon.  I don’t envy them the drive in this weather.

Jane

SCFSue

Hi Buddies.  I'm very sad to report that our Auburn Tigers lost the Peach Bowl to those upstarts from the University of Central Florida!  They started out with a bang and our guys just couldn't seem to catch up.  I had started taking ornaments off my Christmas tree while trying to watch the game at the same time.  What a nightmare!  Now I'm hoping Georgia will be able to beat the Sooners in the Rose Bowl, which is about to start.

It's very cold here today and my furnace is running at top speed.  My recent gas bill was over $200 for November--and it's even colder here now!  My furnace only furnishes heat for the house.  My hot water heater is electric as is my AC unit which is outside in my back yard.

I do have the ornaments packed away, but not in the attic yet.  I still have several nativity scenes which need to be packed and other Christmas stuff and hope to get it finished in the next few days.  I have my Molly Maids tomorrow morning and also an appointment with my Dentist's office for a 6 month cleaning.  Also started taking my Christmas tree apart, but was so frustrated about the game, I'm hoping Tim will help me in the morning.  If he'll take it apart, I can pack it back into the box.

Sharon, I stayed up late last night, but watched a Hallmark program and read until about 1:00--and didn't even tune in to Time's Square--no champagne here to drink!

Mary and Darlene, we've not gotten higher than 30* here today and it's windy, so feels colder.  No snow, though, for which I'm glad.  People here always want snow, but they just don't realize what a pain a REAL snow fall is!  When we do get about an inch of snow, every home in town has someone who runs outside and makes a very tiny snowman!  Nothing like the 3-4' at least twice a week we had in Brunswick, Maine, mostly when Bob was off with the squadron in some much warmer climate!

Have a nice evening, Buddies.  I hope your teams win unless you're pulling for some one NOT in the SEC!

Sue

I'm off to watch the Georgia game.  Go Dogs!  And Jane, I am happy with Carolina!
Sue

Marilyn

I usually take my tree down on New Years Day, a tradition left over from when I was growing up just like the Black Eye Peas that  I am not having this year. However, Keith wants me to leave the tree up until next weekend when his kids are coming down for their mother's wedding. I doubt they will be coming here, so I am going to take it down tomorrow and put my plants back on that table. The cats broke a big branch off one of my Jade plants but it is already starting to fill in that spot. The Christmas cactus didn't bloom this year, it will probably bloom over Easter.

It is 50° here at 4 PM, but it sure has been cold at night. This morning when I took Freckles out at 8:30 I wore two sweatshirts over my tank top and a thermal top, tights under my jeans.

Gilbert's girlfriend Sonja is sure a sweet lady, I really like her and her family. We spent all day Christmas day at her mother's house, I even peeled the potatoes and dried the dishes. Sonja's 2 boys came as did Savannah and her boyfriend Steven. Forest and Shayna didn't make it over while I was there. Shayna's parents were fighting so Forests didn't want to leave and have her little 8 yr old sister left behind so he stayed there. My Family is growing. I am so glad that Sarah is almost out of Gilbert's life. That  relationship was so toxic  for him.

JeanneP

I really have to try and get out today. So far it is only 9 deg and say will not go up much. Sun is out but my car is back covered again. Not started it for 3 days so just hoping it starts.

Read this and thought it good. I was filling my car up the other night and my station is not the best one in the dark. Its large and goes far back. 

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
A friend stopped at a pay-at-the-pump gas station to get gas. Once she filled her gas tank and after paying at the pump and starting to leave, the voice of the attendant inside came over the speaker.. He told her that something happened with her card and that she needed to come inside to pay. The lady was confused because the transaction showed complete and approved. She relayed that to him and was getting ready to leave but the attendant, once again, urged her to come in to pay or there'd be trouble. She proceeded to go inside and started arguing with the attendant about his threat. He told her to calm down and listen carefully:
He said that while she was pumping gas, a guy slipped into the back seat of her car on the other side and the attendant had already called the police.

She became frightened and looked out in time to see her car door open and the guy slip out. The report is that the new gang initiation thing is to bring back a woman and/or her car. One way they are doing this is crawling under women's cars while they're pumping gas or at grocery stores in the nighttime. The other way is slipping into unattended cars and kidnapping the women.

Please pass this on to other women, young and old alike. Be extra careful going to and from your car at night. If at all possible, don't go alone!
This is real!!

The message:

1. ALWAYS lock your car doors, even if you're gone for just a second!

2. Check underneath your car when approaching it for reentry, and check in the back before getting in.

3. Always be aware of your surroundings and of other individuals in your general vicinity, particularly at night!

Send this to everyone so your friends can take precaution.

AND GUYS...YOU TELL ANY WOMEN YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS Thanks.

THIS IS TOO SERIOUS ... DO NOT DELETE PLEASE PASS IT ON!
JeanneP

SharonE

Marilyn, I'm glad you had a good time in  CA with Gilbert & family.  I was wondering who Sonja was. I couldn't remember who his ex was and thought that surely things weren't all put back together so nicely based on what you had said in the past.  It's good you like Sonja.

It was a high of 30 yesterday and a low of 17!  Supposed to be a few degrees higher today, but in the 30's till next Sunday when it climbs to 45!!  Below freezing every night.

I just came back from PT. I go again Thurs and then have an ortho appt that afternoon + an appt with my primary dr on Friday.  What a fun week!

Sue, glad Carolina won for you even if Auburn didn't. 

Jeanne, I've read that warning before.  I never drive at night, so wouldn't apply to me, but they could also do this in the daytime if there weren't people around.

I've got to write my January articles for the church and also talk to the computer guy about John's email program. We can't figure out how to set up a group message that he could use regularly. I hope they can help me with it.  I've got a draft email set up with all the names in the "To" line that could be copied and pasted, but he just isn't very tech savy and needs the simple way to do things.

Have a nice day.  Sharon

jane

Marilyn...nice to meet Sonja.  K’s boys will probably be busy with wedding “stuff” next weekend.

Sue...GA and AL should be a good game.

Sharon....cold and nasty just about everywhere, I think.  Maybe Az has escaped, but I could’t take the horrendous traffic there in the winter.

Jeanne...I think we need to be careful day or night.  We keep our car filled and do it in the daytime at large stations with lots of people around.

Another cold, rainy, blustery day here, too.  We needed to get out to get water and a few things.  WalMart was packed....the January Winter Texans have arrived!  We’re in for the rest of the day.

maryz

jane, my friends leave for the Valley on Friday - they have doctor appointments to get through first.

Jeanne, I'm always careful, too, when getting gas.  Always in the daytime, and my car doors are always locked.  I take the keys with me, fill on the driver's side, and always stay between the car and the pump.

Sharon, it's bright and sunny here, but SO cold.

alpiner, I saw your post on another board today.  I hope your appointment goes well.

It was +8 on my deck this morning, and up into the high 20s now.  Our Silver Sneakers class met this morning - for the first time since Thanksgiving.  Our instructor sustained a torn muscle in her leg and had to cancel all the classes during December.  We were all pretty stiff, but it was good to get some exercise this week.  Margaret sees the medical oncologist today, so I'm antsy to hear what happened there.

alpiner1

mary z
I thought I put the post here , I have been looking for it .

jane

Alpiner...the easiest way to find out where your posts are :

Go to PROFILE
and then click on the left side bar on
SHOW POSTS

You'll see where you've posted.

Yours ended up in : 
Leisure Activities / Re: Library Bookshelf

I hope the appt went well.

jane

maryz

alpiner, I think it was in Library.

maryz

Margaret saw the medical oncologist today.  She says "I saw the medical oncologist today.  I like her.  No bad news.  My markers are good.  Cancer was intermediate grade and size. Next up is genetic testing on me and on the cancer cells.  Those results will determine if chemotherapy is needed."

Now you know as much as I do.

jane

It sounds as if Margaret has an excellent doctor.  I know that’s a huge relief to you, Mary.

Jane