Random Image

SCISSORTil

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:26:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jane

It's a cool and very windy day here...part of that storm that's dumping 5" of snow already at home and temp at 9.  Here just in low 60s but 32 mph winds out of the NNW.

We're in for the day.  I'm behind on laundry, so have that going, and Ray's gone to the Fitness Center here to walk or ride the bike.

We get the results and treatment plan on Tuesday afternoon from the oncologist. 

It was a long day yesterday since, although they reduced the amount of dye in the ct scan, they wanted to flush his kidneys really well.  I can't complain about that.  I'm thankful the doc is aware of everything.

Like Sue, I'm watching a lot of basketball today and reading a lot. 

Jane

SharonE

Not much going on here today. Overcast and 40's. Supposed to start raining tonight and all day tomorrow. Yuck!  My hives still haven't gone away after being off the med for a week. I started taking Benedryl caps Thursday.  They are a little less red, but still very itchy.  Roofers supposed to come back next week.
We got John's clothes all sorted out for his trip yesterday. I will finally be able to go back to church tomorrow.

Darlene, glad your weather is good.  What are you doing with Alexa? Aside from asking her to turn lights off and on and to remind me of things and an occasional question, I don't use her much.

Jane, I'm sure you and Ray are anxious for Tues to roll around and to know what the plans are.  Prayers going out.  I bet you are thrilled to be in TX as opposed to IA this weekend, even with your wind.

IU & PU are playing this afternoon. They are arch rivals so John will be watching it taped later. He's out walking now.

Sue, glad you are stocked up on books again.  Enjoy!  My eyes get so strained when I read long term, that I haven't been reading much although I do have a new one started.  Hi Mary, Jeanne, Joy, and anyone else.  Sharon

JeanneP

Well Illinois is making up for the last five winters that have been pretty mild.  What a mess we have again. Did not have time for them to clear the roads for last weekend . Outside it is now so windy after sending down about 6 inches of snow. this time mixed with rain making the ground like a ice rink. I had to hold on when going down my porch to get the paper this morning.
I tried my car yesterday and nothing. Did not even try to start. New battery was put in 2 weeks ago. So cold and so I just cursed it and came in the house with no intention of moving out until Monday.
I had called a computer place last week to come and take care of the new computer that is still sittin on table. Had to cancel as snow so bad. Now supposed to come next Tuesday.  I just wish I had not started to mess with it. Should just stay with the W7 until Spring. Nothing seems to be working right anymore. Phones driving me crazy. Car need changing as put enough money in this one I have now.
Car salesmen at Honda calling all the time. Now sending little notes. Just not in the mood as I don't have a garage and hate seeing one out in this weather. I just think this year winter is getting to me.  I should start thinking on spending them in better place. Thing is then would worry if all O.K on place in Illinois. Seems like things bad everywhere these day. Floods, Fires Tornadoes. Thing Mother nature getting even with us for messing up her world.

My mother always use to say that when she saw all the Interstates being put in. Both here and in UK.  Ruining the Bloody Country she would say and she was right.

Jane. You are not having such a good time in Texas this year are you. But as long as you are both getting things taken care of down there. At least the Dr. seem to be taking care. Bad enough with the ones we have in our own towns anymore. But just get well. Can maybe take a extra little holiday this coming summer just to make up for it.
I promised I would do some tiding up today but not in the mood. Will just get back to my book. Been doing a lot of cooking and eating to much. I bet the 5 lbs I took off last month is back on as not walking my 2'3 miles a day right now.
JeanneP

Cottoncandy

Hi everybuddy...hope you are enjoying your Sunday...after a very windy day yesterday...it's much nicer today..65 and calm wind...Sharon...about my Alexia...I say good morning..then she tells me the weather...what happened on this day in the past..then tells a joke...I like to ask her to play gospel music and also country music from 70s or what ever year I choose...when I'm ready to turn her off...I just say stop...my grandson set it up for me..I wouldn't have been able to....went to church this morning...waiting now on a call from one of my sons...have a good rest of day...Darlene

jane

Good Afternoon, Buddies. 

Jeanne...sorry you have to have someone set up your new computer. I hope they can come Tuesday and get it the way you want it.

It's cooler here and windier than where Darlene is.  We went out for breakfast and then back to the condo.  It was a very short walk as the wind was strong and cold.  My joints are hurting a lot today with the change in air pressure.  Nephew and niece in WI had -9 with windchill of -24.  That's chilly!! :coolsmiley:

I'm watching the football playoffs to decide who's in the SuperBowl.  Good games, so far with the Saints and Rams.  Tonight's should be good, too...Patriots and KC Chiefs.

jane

JeanneP

Jane.  I doubt the computer people will make it out as snow still heavy piled in the area. Took me a long time to chip 4 inch of solid ice off my car today.  Tried it and will not start. I put a new battery in 3 weeks ago but I think the alternator has gone bad. I have put enough money in the car now but not been able to get out to look for another.  Hate to even think of getting one in this weather as mine sit in the driveway.
It got down to 1 deg here last night with a little more snow  We have a really cold wet week coming. Will not be going out much.
Hope it will get much warmer and dry in Texas for you soon. Will be time to go home soon. I know my Family up in Houston not happy with their weather this winter. Lots of rain.
All of a sudden my joints in my thumbs are beginning to hurt with this cold weather. Hate that.Not good at taking pills.

Just saw a football game going on as I was switching Channels. 21 deg and crazy people sitting out in the stands. One of our HS games on Friday night playing in 24 deg.   We had another young HS boy die on the football field last week. that is the second one in the 10 mile area this year.  I just glad that none of my middle and HS Grands play in School Now. Into Ice Hockey one . (His Father Canadian and played for Canada for years). Caden is very good . Now I do like to watch that. They can get hurt but have a lot of protection on. 3 or into swimming and Basketball. Track.  Kids get into so much these days. Use to be just one when my girls went. Seem to learn less in Schools these days. Stopped most home work in C/U schools now. I don't think kids ever pick up a book. Sure like their phones though.
JeanneP

maryz

It's really cold here today, too - was 28 when I got up, with a dusting of snow on my deck.
 But there has been bright welcome sunshine all day.  And it's clear enough that I'll be able to see the eclipse without even getting out of my chair.   :thumbup:
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  It's another very chilly day here in Auburn.  I have had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but am still sitting here in my P.J's.  I need to get dressed and do a few chores inside.  It is just too cold to go outside yet to rake leaves!  We won't have trash pick up today because our trash men have the day off to celebrate ML King day here in Auburn.  I have a new trash can which is only for recyclables (I have always put them in small crates down at the curb, but now the city is dumping them all together in a new system--which I don't think is very environmentally safe!).  I'm wondering if the city will get rid of the trucks that presently pick up those types of trash. 

Jeanne, I am a person who hates cold weather.  We usually have cold and sometimes about 1 inch of snow in January or February.  The first winter after I moved up here from our farm it snowed early one morning.  I still had my dog Stubby and when I went out to walk him in the neighborhood, every house I passed had a tiny snowman about 8 inches tall sitting on the curb--and the yards were cleared of the snow.  I had to laugh after living 6 years in Brunswick, Maine!  When we moved up there for Bob's first tour of duty there in May, there was still about 6 inches of snow on the ground.  And it started again in October!  Bob was deployed to Newfoundland, so I had to go outside and shovel the driveway.  I was pregnant with our second son and a retired Navy Chief lived across the street.  He'd come out and chat with me while I shoveled the driveway.  I had to drive to Portland--a 30-40 mile trip to the OB for my check ups.  I wanted to hand the Chief another shovel and get going!

Darlene, I went to church yesterday, too.  I had to dig out a heavy jacket to wear as it was very chilly here.  My friend, Olyne, stopped by to pick me up and brought me home after Sunday School and the church service. 

Jane, enjoy the play offs.  Are the Saints still in?  I don't watch much pro football, but might watch a game or two.  How is Ray feeling today?  I hope he's having a good day.

Mary, our temperature is about 30 here now at 9:15.  A town not far from us (Wetumpka) had a tornado this weekend.  It destroyed a Presbyterian church there and many homes in the downtown area.  The city has opened up shelters for those who have lots of damage.  The church was pretty old, I think, and was a town landmark.

Not much else going on here today.  I have to make some phone calls--one is to schedule a volunteer to take me for a haircut on Wednesday or Thursday morning.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.

Sue

maryz

Jeanne, sorry about your awful weather.  Y'all really have been getting hammered this season. It was 17* here this morning, but with bright sunshine.  I had to go out for my postop checkup, but there was no ice on the car (YEA!) and it didn't take too long to warm up.  And my visit took about 5 minutes - much longer to drive there and back.  My route wasn't too far from the Community Kitchen (homeless shelter), so I took the 5-6 hats I had made and dropped them off.

I stayed up to see the beginning of the eclipse last night, but didn't even get to half-covered.  I couldn't see the moon from my chair after all (poor me!), so I had to step outside.  I know it was great to see, though.

Happy Monday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

SharonE

Sat. night, I didn't get to sleep till 4 AM! But I did get up and go to SS & church since I had missed 2 weeks.  Took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon and then slept 8 hrs last night!  I had to be up for my cleaning lady. She stayed 4 hrs and helped unload my linen closet in my master bath, then I sorted and put things away and laid out some stuff to donate.  She also did all the baseboards and door edges, etc in addition to the usual cleaning.

I've also been getting lots of cards addressed for grandkids etc.

Jeanne, I can't imagine getting along without a garage in IL!  QVC has a windshield cover that really looks like a good item if you have a car outside.  Of course that doesn't protect the rest of the car.

Sue, I can't imagine that the Chief would stand there talking to a pregnant woman without offering to help. That's just awful!

It's in the 30's here but sunny. I didn't stay up to see the eclipse although I wanted to, but I had lost enough sleep.

Mary, glad your car wasn't iced over and that you got your ckup taken care of. I presume it was fine.  I know those at the shelter who receive your hats will really appreciate them.

Jane, hope the results are good tomorrow.  Thinking of you.  Sharon

jane

Nice day here..and Ray walked outside for 40 minutes.  I didn't as I had to get my haircut.  Ray went to local clinic and his lungs were ok. I also talked to NP...Robert...who gave me a Med for anxiety.  He was very understanding.  This one is called atarax and is an antihistamine which is also used short term for anxiety.  I'll see how it works.

I think Jeanne is going to get hit again tomorrow with another snow storm.  Ugh.

Jane

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  It's very chilly here this morning--about 28* right now at 9:30.  I've had breakfast, cleaned up the kitchen, showered and dressed for bridge and lunch at Azalea Place.  Libba will pick me up about 11:30.  I'll probably read now that I've finished my morning chores until pick up time.  My trash men emptied both my trash containers.  I had to reread the instructions for the new can which can be used for recyclable materials.  The city sent us a list of those a few weeks ago.  I used to put those in small separate containers, but I think the trash men just dumped them in with everything else. Now I feel better about recycling!

Jane, that's good news about Ray's visit to the local clinic!  And woo hoo for Robert who gave you a med for anxiety.  I know well how anxious you must be about Ray's health--I remember 4 excruciating years of worry for Bob's cancer diagnosis.  I hope the atarax works for you.

Sharon, I'm sorry you had trouble again sleeping.  I don't think if I'd stayed awake that long that I'd have been able to get to church the next morning!  I'm glad you got 8 hours that next night.  I think my cleaning ladies may be coming this morning, although I haven't had the usual phone call to remind me.  I'll have to leave a key outside if they don't get here before I leave for the bridge luncheon/cards!

Mary, I think the Homeless Shelter must really appreciate those hats!  How many homeless do they have on a regular basis?  I think lots must seek shelter as cold as it has been this winter. 

We had a big full moon last night and I forgot to go outside (too cold anyway) to check later in the evening.  I watched a Hallmark movie and was reading a good mystery, too.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy--and stay warm!  Oh, and Bonney and I went to see the movie about Justice Goldberg's early career and her work for women's rights.  She is one amazing woman!  I really enjoyed the movie.

Sue

SharonE

Jane, so glad Ray's lungs were clear and that your NP gave you the Atarax. I'm sure you need it. I know I would.

Sue, hope you get good cards and a clean house!

It's really cold here too. The roofer came this morning early (I was still in my robe!) to get a sample of the shingles so that he could match them.  He said, however, that he couldn't start on the roof till it warms up this afternoon which I understand.

I slept well last night again, thank goodness.  I need to go make some lemon bars to take to bridge tomorrow, as I am the hostess. Otherwise, I am caught up and plan to read this afternoon.

Stay in and stay warm, everyone!  Sharon

jane

Good News! Thank you, God.  The PET scan is clear as is the CT brain scan.  Dr. S laughed that it showed Ray had all his marbles.  So...no spread.  Friday he goes for a pre-op at the hospital he was in and then on Monday, they put in a chest port.  On Tues. he gets his first chemo-immunology therapy.  He got a shot of B12 today and Folic Acid pills to take to offset any chemo side effects.  Dr. Says 3 therapy sessions 3 weeks apart and then look and see how much of nodule is left.  If any, then hit that with targeted radiation.    We are relieved, and thank YOU ALL for your good thoughts and prayers.

We're mentally exhausted, so will sleep well tonight, I'm sure.

Jane

Cottoncandy

Jane I rejoice with you and Ray on the good news..that's awesome...will continue to lift yall in prayer as he gets the treatment he needs and glad you were able to get a med for anxiety....[the b12 should help...and didn't know they...give Folic Acid to help with side effects...yall hang in there...it will get better...Darlene /color]

maryz

Wonderful news, jane! We're with you all the way!

SCFSue

I was out all yesterday after 11:00 a.m. as I had my monthly bridge club at Azalea Place (the retirement home where I play once a month).  As usual I had very few good cards and "won" $1.00 for low prize.  Better than nothing I think!

I'm dressed and ready for a Volunteer to take me to the nearby Great Clips for a much needed haircut.  She'll be here shortly and I'm hoping there will be a hair cutter who will be able to cut my hair quickly.

I have bridge at Terri's at 1:00 so I'm hoping to get home in time to shower, do a few chores, dress and be ready for Libba to pick me up about 12:50.  She is subbing again today. 

It's almost time for the Village Friend volunteer to pick me up, so I'll just wish a good day to Every Buddy.

Sue

jane

It's a cold, wet and windy day here...tail of the storm roaring again across the midwest.

We went down for the Wed. morning coffee the complex does and met friends we knew from our other place.  We're going over to their condo tonight for drinks at 7:00.

Otherwise, a quiet day inside reading and knitting.  Tomorrow we're meeting other friends for breakfast and then another quiet day.  Friday we go back to Harlingen for the PreOp stuff for Ray getting a port on Monday.

That's it for Island News for now.  :2funny:

jane

maryz

Went out in the cold rain for my mani/pedi this morning.  After having no polish for three weeks, the nails were badly in need of attention.  All feels much better now.

Last night was exciting, though - and not in a good way.  After supper, I was reaching to close the draperies on my sliding glass doors, lost my balance, and fell. I didn't hurt anything, but my pride.  I was furious!  :tickedoff:  And, though I tried, I just couldn't get up.  I had to call for assistance, and just hoped they wouldn't make me to go the ER.  Three little CNAs came and talked to me while waiting for the nurse to come check me out.  She finally arrived, took my vitals (normal), and let them pick me up.  I was so embarrassed and angry at myself - and they were SO nice.  Anyhow, no harm, no foul, I guess.  But I'm being ever so much more careful now.

Stay upright, Buddies!

jane

Glad you weren't hurt, Mary.

Quiet day here...catching up on bookkeeping.

jane

maryz

Bookkeeping is SUCH fun, jane.!  Not!

To add insult to the non-injury, on my way home from my mani/pedi, I started feeling queasy.  I skipped lunch, and then did a 2-hour nap in the chair.  I woke up to have to hurry to the bathroom to throw up.  Fortunately I hadn't eaten anything since cereal at breakfast, so not too bad.
 I veged out the rest of the afternoon, and also skipped supper.  I had just gotten some ginger ale and saltines to try to put something in my stomach, when the other end erupted.  This is WAY too much info - Sorry - but that's how my day went.  I hope that's all of it, and I'll try with the crackers and soda.   Sighhhhhhhh!

SCFSue

Gosh, Mary, you had a really tough day!  I hope you're feeling better this morning.  Do you think you should check in with your doctor or a nurse practioner? (my spell check tells me this is misspelled, but I can't think of another way to spell it this morning!).  Does your facility have a nurse on call?

Jane, I hope you had nice weather for breakfast with your friends this morning.  How far must you drive to Harlingen for Ray's tests?  I hope all goes well.  Keep us posted.  Thoughts and prayers coming your way from here in Auburn.

I need to get dressed and get outside to drag a large fallen oak limb off my deck.  We had high winds last night and it fell partially on my deck railing.  I may have to get my saw out and cut it into smaller pieces so the trash men who will come next Monday will take it away.  Maybe someone in the neighborhood who uses their fireplace will pick it up and use it.

I have a women's basketball game this evening.  My friend, Norma, will pick me up.  She has her own ticket which she'll give away and we'll use my tickets as I have really good seats.  I think this may be the last year I buy season's tickets, though.  I'll decide at the beginning of next summer, probably.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue 

maryz

I slept well last night and, so far, am feeling much better today.  I even went up for lunch - we'll see how that sits.  So maybe it was just a 24-hour thing, at least I hope so.  Sue, we do have nurses on duty 24-7, plus lots of CNAs. 

And, Sue, I think you should be getting somebody else to get that branch off your deck.  You don't need to be handling a saw.  Good luck, in any case.

Hope all is going well with you, jane, and with all the other buddies!

SharonE

I see that I never got in here yesterday. I had bridge and groceries and then couldn't find energy for anything else.

Jane, I'm so very glad to hear the good results of Ray's tests!  I hope the port insertion and all the other tx go well.  Enjoy your friends.

Sue, I played bridge yesterday too and actually came in first!! Whoo Hoo!  HOpe your hair cut is good. Do be careful with the limb.

Mary, you have had an awful 2 days. I'm so sorry, but glad it isn't anything serious. I can relate to your embarrassment over the fall and I hate, hate the stomach upset and diarrhea. Take care and take it easy today.

We just finished calling our son-in-law to wish him a happy birthday. It was nice to talk to him.  His mother has just recently been admitted to a nursing home and is not doing too well. His father had been taking care of her 24/7 and lifting her too. They are both in their 80's and he just couldn't do it anymore, but he spends most of the day with her at the home.

I'm not planning much for this afternoon.

HI to Darlene, Marilyn, Jeanne, and all else I've forgotten.  Sharon

jane

Breakfast with Terri and Pat was good and then Ray and I went over to Port Isabel for groceries, then back here to slug out and rest.  I couldn't get to sleep last night so not much energy today.

Sue....it's a little over an hour's drive up to the Medical Center in Harlingen.  It's probably 35 miles, there are a lot of different speed limits along the way that really slow down the trip. 

Mary...hope the bug has left you alone today!

Sharon...we get tired from just grocery shopping and putting things away.

We went over to a couple's condo here we knew from our time at the other complex.  They have each day so filled with activities it wore me out just listening to them. 

It's turning into a nice day here...and warmer than predicted.  The weekend sounds cold and windy and rainy...guess the midwest is getting another round of snow storms and very cold weather.

jane

SCFSue

I woke up to a chilly house although the furnace was running pretty often.  It's nice and sunny, but the temps haven't reached 40* yet--and may not according to yesterday's Weather report.

I went to the Women's basketball game last night with my friend, Norma. While waiting for the game to start, I bought a hotdog at the concession stand and have suffered the consequences this morning.  I'm waiting for Tim to come by to take me to the library and Kroger shopping and we'll go out to lunch too.  I don't know if Kris will be able to join us, but she tries to make time to do that if she doesn't have something planned with her Mom.

Our women's basketball team played well last night, but lost after a long basket from the other team's best shooter almost at the buzzer!  They played a good game as did our Ladies, but that shot ruined the night for us.  At least the A&M coach stayed on his side of the scorer's table.  During our last game (which we lost) the Mississippi State Coach was practically standing next to Coach Flo--and directing his players every move!   

Tim just arrived, so I've got to go.  Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

SharonE

Jane, glad you had a good visit with friends. I can't believe how energetic some people are.  Definitely not us.

Sue, even though your team lost, it sounds like you had a good time. Hope you have a nice lunch and find some more good books. Pretty soon, you will have read everything the library has!

Our roofer came today and has been up there pounding. Had to take some soaked and rotted plywood out and is now going to get more and have lunch, then will be back.

I finally got my cell phone minutes refilled yesterday. The website wouldn't up load the order and my email needed to be changed to get into my account.  I was so frazzled by the time I got it all taken care of. I only had a couple days till I ran out. Nothing much else going on here.

Mary, how are you feeling?  I hope you are back up to par now.

Hi to all.  Sunny & chilly here.  Sharon

maryz

Sharon, glad the roof is getting fixed.  I'm with  you on lots of activities any more.
 I'm just happy to sit and talk or watch.

jane, hope all is well down there in the Valley.

Sue, did you get the limb taken care of?

I'm feeling fine now - must have just been something I ate.  Once it was gone, everything was okay.
 I played bridge this afternoon with the new gal from here.  We did pretty good, 49%, but no MP.  That's okay. It was fun playing with someone new.

Hi to Darlene, Marilyn, Jeanne, Joy, and all the other Buddies! 

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  It's a very chilly 28* here this morning with some wind, so don't think I'll be rushing out to work in the yard today!  There are some men's basketball games I'd like to watch today and library books to read, so don't plan to do much else today.

The downed limb wasn't heavy, although bulky, so I was able to drag it down to the curb for the trash pick up.  It's gone now, so they had room to throw it into their truck.  We have a new recycling service with a blue bin to put plastic bottles, flattened cardboard, aluminum cans, steel/tin cans, paper including catalogs, junk mail, magazines, newspaper, office paper.  No glass, plastic bags, or Styrofoam permitted.  Our food waste goes into out regular bin.

Sharon, I'm glad your roofer has been working on the roof and hope he does a good job and will finish quickly.  Listening to hammers all day is pretty annoying!  I don't use my cell phone unless I'm traveling.  My ATT account gives me long distance service all over the U.S.--and I don't use it much.  Mostly to talk to my sisters.  However, in December I called 3 long time Navy friends and yakked for at least an hour to each. 

Mary, I'm glad you're feeling well this morning.  Also sounds like you and the new bridge partner have started out well.  It's bright and sunny here this morning, but just too chilly to spend much time outside.  I have new library books I checked out yesterday and finished a "Jack Reacher" lengthy book with short stories of his adventures.  So that made my afternoon and evening happy!

Jane, I hope all is going with Ray.  Keep us posted.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

JeanneP

Quicky. We are really having a mess here . Still  down in lows below zero  Only 6 deg last night.
Only thing working is furnice thank goodness. Car not moved for 8daye . I don't think next 2 door down from me moving either. Desktop computer not yet returned.my iPad was sowing  CLOSED FOR SECURITY? I got ahold of Apple and it working now.
Just have to sit back with a good book and forget technology for a few days. It snowed again last night but I am not going out to clear porch and driveway again. It's frozen anyway.
Just glad everyone on here seems to be o.k  jane got some nice weather and Ray o.k.

This is what we get for complaining about the past summer being to hot.

I did get to my doctor Thursday to get my ears and sinus yearly test done. Good news there. Past 4 months Wight down 9 lbs and blood pressure back down to perfect for me.
So I guess no tension. Back later
JeanneP