Random Image

papa john_me

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

FYI: Upcoming site upgrade

Started by Oldiesmann, November 10, 2018, 07:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

I've disabled the fancy URLs for the time being until I can get the issues with them worked out. Links in notification emails should hopefully work properly now.

jane

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 17, 2018, 04:14:08 PM
Quote from: jane on November 17, 2018, 01:18:45 PMOldiesmann...some posters are saying they can't login. I tried to change the password for a woman who can't login, but it just spins and spins and never logs in.

jane

If they don't remember their password they should be able to reset it. If not, let me know and I can reset it for them. The reason everyone is having to login again is due to increased security features that forces everything to be secure (even the "cookie" that remembers their login info). Once they get logged in as long as they choose "forever" for the time to remain logged in, they shouldn't have to login again.

——-

I changed her password at her request;  She could get in then.

so_P_bubble

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 17, 2018, 11:27:24 PMnotification emails

notifications are still coming in as crazy: over 300 of them this morning![/b]

Oldiesmann

I'm not sure what the problem is with that unfortunately

angelface555

If you are going to stick around to suss out many of the issues remaining with this new editor, might I suggest Norm's B&T or Bosum Buddies and others besides the Soda Shop or why so many posters are leaving?

Finding a resolution as to why three known or more people are daily having three, five or more spammed S&F notifications purported to come from you might be a help even if we are older.

RAMMEL

Gripe, gripe, gripe, ------
What have we accomplished with the latest change?
What I notice is that it is more difficult to find things (assuming they are still there). Why do we keep fixing things that are working well?
Finding unread posts --- where did that go. Not surprising some leave (or threaten to).
 :bonk:    :crazy:    :bonk:       :tissue:
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Oldiesmann

The link for unread posts is at the top of the page on the right side directly below the menu.

The upgrade added a lot of features (drafts, likes, mentions, etc.) and a new look that works well regardless of the screen size of the device you're browsing from among other things.

RAMMEL

Oldiesmann,

Don't mind me.  I'm just a grouchy old man today.  Big dental day today  :(

I bitch and moan about things but down the road I usually seem to slide into the right slot.

Happy Turkey Day
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

angelface555

Quote from: RAMMEL on November 19, 2018, 07:06:06 PMGripe, gripe, gripe, ------
What have we accomplished with the latest change?
What I notice is that it is more difficult to find things (assuming they are still there). Why do we keep fixing things that are working well?
Finding unread posts --- where did that go. Not surprising some leave (or threaten to).
 :bonk:    :crazy:    :bonk:      :tissue:

Rick, many questions are answered in Norm's B&T. The newly assigned Unread Posts and Updated Topics are now in the above right.

Joy

Oldiesman,  I might as well add my little 2 cents worth here of complaints. LOL  It would be helpful if you could make your messages a little bigger and bolder.  It is difficult for some of us to read the lighter and smaller print.  Thanks !  Maybe that will make it easier for some to understand things a little better. 

Joy
BIG BOX

CallieOK

I have begun getting e-mails this morning from Seniors and Friends; subject line says I've been quoted in this particular discussion - no others have been mentioned.   (I haven't opened them.) 

I blocked the first nine in my web mail server but 4 more have come through to my e-mail program which is sending all of them directly to Junk Mail.

Does this seem like a Hack that's switching senders?

angelface555

Callie, all you can do is go into your profile and turn off all notifications. This will keep them out of your regular email, but for a while, they will still show up in your spam. None of us have found a way so far to stop this particular gitch.

CallieOK

Angelface,  I've never used Notifications which is probably why they're appearing in Spam.   I've "blocked senders domain" in my Outlook Express program.  Will report if they keep showing up.

Vanilla-Jackie

Isnt it wonderful how since this changeover we are all using our knowledge in helping one another to fathom out this new mess...I am sure all will come clear in the end...
" There is no present like the time "

angelface555

Callie, I've never used S&F Notifications either but that didn't stop 300-500 daily notifications all saying the same sentence and all purported to be from Michael. I marked it as spam, but I was still getting five to seven showing up in my regular email, besides the hundreds in spam.

By going to my account profile and marking no notifications, (Even when showing no notifications and or alerts requested);  All my Gmail did was send it to spam, and I wanted it GONE!!   Which the profile accomplished.

Oldiesmann

I'm wondering if it's related to the auto-refresh feature of the shoutbox, as this isn't happening on the other site I recently upgraded and we don't use the shoutbox feature there. I'll look into disabling that and see if it helps at all.

CallieOK

I'm not complaining...just trying to report detaile observations such as what' on From line and Subject line.  Blocking subject's domain didn't work, either but I'll kep at it.

Oldiesmann, you're a Good Guy 😃  Thank you!

Oldiesmann

I've tweaked a couple of settings so hopefully the email flood will stop now. Let me know if it continues.

so_P_bubble

I still get some but not in the hundreds like before :(
Thankfully in Gmail they come "grouped together" so that the subject line will show 12 or 23 etc in just one line.  I get maybe one or two dozen of that.
For image, after resizing, I have to manually write length and height to see them post as in the old version. It's a pain!

angelface555

It would be beneficial to remove the "Add image to post and upload to gallery" line from the inside of the message block and it is unnecessary as it is listed below anyway. It is distracting as it is now.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: so_P_bubble on November 21, 2018, 12:34:38 PMI still get some but not in the hundreds like before :(
Thankfully in Gmail they come "grouped together" so that the subject line will show 12 or 23 etc in just one line.  I get maybe one or two dozen of that.
For image, after resizing, I have to manually write length and height to see them post as in the old version. It's a pain!

I wish I knew what was causing that. I changed it to only send out notifications once every 5 minutes so it shouldn't be flooding you. Also, you should be able to just leave the height and width at "auto" when inserting the image into your post. You only have to fill that out if you want to show it a certain size.

Quote from: angelface555 on November 21, 2018, 01:45:23 PMIt would be beneficial to remove the "Add image to post and upload to gallery" line from the inside of the message block and it is unnecessary as it is listed below anyway. It is distracting as it is now.

I'm looking into that still. Has anyone verified whether that works with the new version at all? If not I can remove the feature altogether until it's updated.

so_P_bubble

I don't know why in the card and holiday discussion I can only get to the quick reply and not the regular reply where the Attachments and other options is located. from the quick reply I cannot manage to drag a picture from my
desktop :(  I can't upload to gallery without a URL!

angelface555

Michael, I would eliminate both of the "Add images to post and upload to the gallery. " My reason is that the code expects you bring a photo from somewhere else. And it is supposedly added to your gallery which from what I've heard it doesn't. 

In my opinion, with seniors, it would be simpler to add it in the gallery section, with its info for posting. Also, Bubble could help you in writing code to help us use a system that would show the photo in the correct forum size.

If that were underneath a posting box and not inside it, in the Gallery, it would be helpful. Also, a feature allowing you to use and upload a graphic/photo besides the gallery as many store photos on their computer and not in the gallery.

Perhaps in one section, dealing with where the photo/graphic is uploaded from and a second, dealing with the size of the item. This coding could show up at the bottom, outside of the posting box each time you clicked on reply.

Oldiesmann

Quote from: angelface555 on November 22, 2018, 12:40:51 PMMichael, I would eliminate both of the "Add images to post and upload to the gallery. " My reason is that the code expects you bring a photo from somewhere else. And it is supposedly added to your gallery which from what I've heard it doesn't. 

In my opinion, with seniors, it would be simpler to add it in the gallery section, with its info for posting. Also, Bubble could help you in writing code to help us use a system that would show the photo in the correct forum size.

If that were underneath a posting box and not inside it, in the Gallery, it would be helpful. Also, a feature allowing you to use and upload a graphic/photo besides the gallery as many store photos on their computer and not in the gallery.

Perhaps in one section, dealing with where the photo/graphic is uploaded from and a second, dealing with the size of the item. This coding could show up at the bottom, outside of the posting box each time you clicked on reply.

The attachments feature allows you to upload photos directly from your computer - you just have to click the big "Reply" button at the top/bottom of the page (above the first post and below the last post on the page) or click "Preview" from the "Quick Reply" box.

As far as the gallery thing goes, it does seem to upload it to your gallery but you still have to go there afterwards and copy the code to add it to your post. I'll remove the "Add image" links until that's fixed.

so_P_bubble

Thank you Michael. I found the big "reply" at the beginning and that finally got me out of the maddening quick reply where I did not have the formatting nor the attachment from my desktop. The "reply" at the bottom was stuck on quick reply and I could not find my way to normal view. Phewwwww Thanks again! :)

angelface555

Michael, I apologize as your reply left me more confused. So, I went back to photos and tried using attachments. I was able to click on a .png to upload but first, its 650 pixels size showed HUGE, then at 500 pixels, tiny so I backtracked to 600 which showed at postage stamp size so I removed it.

Oldiesmann

Testing with a photo I took of my cat recently...

[attach name=20181119_014816.jpg type=image/jpeg]8090[/attach]

Oldiesmann

Ok... It seems if the photos are over a certain size it displays them thumbnail size and you can click on them to view them full sized. I'll look at the settings and see what I can do to adjust that.

Oldiesmann

I think I've fixed it for the time being. There's a setting to resize images when showing them under posts (leftover from before inline attachments were a feature). Disabling that seems to prevent them from getting resized, so I'll leave that disabled for the time being.

so_P_bubble

:thumbup:  Michael!  Wonderful! Pictures now get posted easily. I can smile again  :)
Thanks for the good work!