Random Image

Cold Cardinal

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:07:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photo Slide Shows and Home Videos

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 01, 2016, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackwv

This is a group of 7 photos.  Used a feature now available on Windows 10.  You are able to add a number of features to a photo that then gives the appearance of a video.  On the video you will see Butterflys, falling leaves, rain and snow.  If you did this on one photo you are able to email it to someone and they receive the same as a video.   If you look check full screen.

https://vimeo.com/312754525

Shirley

I did get in to see in spite of all my computer & internet problems!  That really is amazing & love the effects. As soon as I can figure why my other computer won't keep online, I'd like to give that a try. Quite a show.

FlaJean

Sato, the roses are beautiful and I like that presentation. 😊

Jack, what an interesting feature.  Really enjoyed the video.

Amy

Sato , loved the roses!!

Jack, you are clever, I wanted to be in the fields with the butterflies. What a special effect it gives photos!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

jackwv

Thanks for the comments. With our weather staying close to the computer.  For those with Windows 10 I am posting two screen shots.  Wanted to show how you get to the effects.   The first is what pops up when you click Edit and create.  You get a wide range of help cropping etc.   The second screen shot is shows what opens if you click add 3D effects.  You get a wide range of effects, can play with them and will not ruin your photo, or you might just make a copy of a favorite photo and use the copy.

Gives you something to do on cold days (no I will not do any cleaning)

[attach name=save+one.jpg type=image/jpeg]8385[/attach][attach name=save+two.jpg type=image/jpeg]8386[/attach]

Shirley

Jack, I tried and discovered the Windows 10 version on this OLD computer doesn't have that same offer such as snow, etc. so will have to wait until one of my sons figures why the newer HP Win.10 won't hop on my wi-fi. I sent myself a photo from this one to that one <grin> but can't open on that one until....... sometimes computers enjoy playing tricks.  ;) 

RAMMEL

Jack,
How do you open the original image with Win-10?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

jackwv

Rick you can type photo in the box and this item comes up.  It would also be in the list of all on the machine.  You might then right click, and add to your start, and/or task bar.  I took a screen shot and am posting just the top of the screen, in fact since it is a screenshot/photo you will note in the upper right the spot to get the drop down to adjust photo etc. A close up of those items are in my prior post.

[attach name=to+post.jpg type=image/jpeg]8398[/attach]

Shirley

Since I didn't know any other way, I put a photo on my desktop (or downloads) & when I open with Internet Explorer (in the drop down of "how do you want to open"... then I get the screen Jack showed & choose the 3D effect. I am sitting on a hard bar stool in the basement, next to the modem with direct wire in.... using the HP. Seems my security system has given up with the old computers being catered to so son will have to make changes & I will take XP & Vista ones off my wi-fi, then he can do the more modern version of security. IN THE MEANTIME.... after only a few hours sleep, I came down to see if Jack's new toy will work on my photos. BUT, they are a large file & don't think I can put them in the GALLERY here so will wait until I can find my password for Vimeo to show you. Fun to play with but more to learn.

jackwv

Shirley you are able to email several, not that large of a file, but you are right it takes vimeo or another source to add here.

Shirley

I'll work on it, Jack... and think I found the place where the Vimeo password was recorded. If it isn't too old. Can't stop yet..................

RAMMEL

Jack,
I see you are using IE. I'm using FireFox so will have to do some digging around. I generally have not taken advantage of all the wonderful new and exciting things that MS has given us.  Hard to teach old dog  ;D
I like the art work you guys do but haven't been inspired to get into it that much.  As I age my incentive wanes  :'(
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

jackwv

Rick I was unable to handle photoshop, but play with the different apps now available.  You are over my head with the operating systems and search engines.  I stick with IE, but do not think (as if I would know) that Firefox would be a problem with using the photo app on Windows 10.  Just spoke to my Daughter in Virginia, she was interested in the 3d effects but unable to locate.  I wa able to get her to her computer, open a photo and she saw the edit features along with the 3d.  Now I agree, I am an old dog, slow to learn and have dumped apps that are too difficult.  Just play at the computer, and enjoy working with photos.

RAMMEL

Looks like "Photo app" is something that must be downloaded.  That's probably why I didn't find it.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

jackwv

Cold and snow, have to go out for a few chores, but spent time playing with the 3D feature on Windows 10.  Have posted a group of photo that have 3D effects added.  Looks like a video, but just the still photo.   I liked the Oglebay fireworks, this is a spot near the fountain and busy on the Fourth.  Now I do not have to go and fight the crowd.   If you view click full screen.
https://vimeo.com/313857561

Amy

Jack, that was very nice. When I get a chance I am going to play with the 3D love the effects!!

Jessie is settling in and Babe is accepting him more now. He does try her patience at times and she soon lets him know. Doesn't hurt him but puts him in his place.

Waiting on a snow storm here ,started later today and may go into Wed. Stay warm and safe.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

jackwv

Playing with the 3D app and have a group of photos but unable to post here.  In the Slide Show discussion I have placed a link to a group of photos that have things added to make them appear like video.

Shirley

Rick, since I am totally chicken about downloading any "apps", I don't think it's necessary, BUT, I sure get a different menu between the computer that was updated from XP to Win.7 & then Win.10... compared with the HP laptop that came with Windows 10. My son prefers FireFox & dislikes my Google Chrome that I use. IE had gotten so out of date on my computer a long time ago that I never tried to update (it reminds me every time I "open with").... My old computers & the new one all connected right now, but am going crazy with the phones thinking everyone is a robo. At least family that calls all the time can get through but one friend hadn't called for a while & said she tried several times before I caught it before it rolled to the "the party you are calling does not have voice mail set up". I do have voice mail but it won't let me retrieve the messages & I won't go into all the problems with phones right now.  :knuppel2:

Jack, I didn't notice the fireworks one, that's neat. When I find my password for Vimeo I'll show a couple different ones.... no collection like you put together. How did you do that? 

Shirley

RockDust.mp4 / 855KB of 855KB

https://vimeo.com/user2590444/review/313917020/a23dab3d69U

Un Oh.... Jack, neither of those links looks like yours so not sure what to post. I found my password but been a long time & either they've changed things or my memory is gone.  :uglystupid2:  I will post & see what happens. 

MaryTX

Click for Arlington, TexasForecast

RAMMEL

Quote from: Shirley on January 28, 2019, 06:57:04 PMRick, since I am totally chicken about downloading any "apps", I don't think it's necessary, BUT, I sure get a different menu between the computer that was updated from XP to Win.7 & then Win.10... compared with the HP laptop that came with Windows 10. My son prefers FireFox & dislikes my Google Chrome that I use. IE had gotten so out of date on my computer a long time ago that I never tried to update (it reminds me every time I "open with").... My old computers & the new one all connected right now, but am going crazy with the phones thinking everyone is a robo. At least family that calls all the time can get through but one friend hadn't called for a while & said she tried several times before I caught it before it rolled to the "the party you are calling does not have voice mail set up". I do have voice mail but it won't let me retrieve the messages & I won't go into all the problems with phones right now.  :knuppel2:

Jack, I didn't notice the fireworks one, that's neat. When I find my password for Vimeo I'll show a couple different ones.... no collection like you put together. How did you do that? 

What is - "RockDust.mp4"
The link, as is, is no good.  Try -
https://vimeo.com/user2590444
I like that peaceful place.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

https://vimeo.com/313917020

Okay, I followed your link, Rick, & found another link where it says "share"...

That one worked for me, Mary, but must have been because it just remembered on MY computer. I don't know.... trial & error, my smarts left home long ago.

The story about the big rock slide was my youngest son was hiking up one side of the mountain, I was back in the RV taking a nap. Other son had to head back to KS 2 days early so youngest son set up a tent to sleep in (he really is allergic to cats so refused to sleep on the extra  fold out bed in the RV... they boys sleep in the oldest one's camper & watch movies half the night/ he has a solar charger so keeps his batteries charged, I charge mine with generator during the day. Anyway, he does have a degree in geology & always been interested in rocks & this is the area where you see the rock hunters on TV (Mt. Antero, etc) so enjoys going off by himself. He heard a boom & saw the dust in the air across from where he was... thought maybe an earthquake... but never heard any more about it. He got 3 photos with his phone camera. He couldn't believe I didn't hear it but I was in the "valley". I don't know, even asked the camp host & wife if they knew... if possible dynamite, nobody knew. He didn't take long to get back to camp! This was one still photo before the added 3D.  Goes fast, don't know how to make it a little longer.

RAMMEL

I recall when you first posted that pic, and the story behind it (Great - I still have some recall  :2funny:  ).   Maybe Jack can give a clue or two about slowing that down.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Shirley

Hahaha... and me think I repeat myself now & then....

RAMMEL

Shirley -
That was a good one for the 3D affect.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

jackwv

Good work Rick finding Shirleys link, and watched the rock slide and Chock creek, beautiful area. 

I had goofed (as usual) I meant to post in photos directing them to this discussion, but good you have found my latest.   

Shirley, I will have to give some thought to combining them.  Lost the old program that Microsoft had, a good one.   Now use an app from their store  HD Movie Maker, but having a time working around in it.  There is also a feature in photos that helps to combine, and given time I will look and see what is best.

Amy would love to see your two sorting out who is boss.

jackwv

I posted several photos in the photo discussion.  They are both frames from movies.  Thanks to Shirley I was looking into the combining of photos and videos.   I have a program from the Microsoft store and am posting a frame of all it does.  I have used it to combine photos and videos for posting, but it has many other good features.  Check it out.

[attach name=movie+maker+to+post.jpg type=image/jpeg]8429[/attach]

FlaJean

Shirley, I imagine that boom was scary.  I watched the peaceful place video.  I had forgotten it and enjoyed seeing it again.

We live close to a bombing range and I can hear the distant  booms as the Navy pilots practice.

Amy

Jack, they are pure entertainment. Babe tolerates him  well but will put him in his place when he has over stepped! He now weighs 21.8 lbs. and is all legs.

Mary Ann asked if I would post this in here as I did post it in another folder.

Hope everyone enjoys it.

https://www.facebook.com/788348771557632/posts/809584992767343?sfns=mo

Jimmy Dean