Random Image

Cree

Owner: Sasha
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, March 01, 2019, 12:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone, Peter and I just had a good visit on Skype, we decided that we need to stay in touch with one and all better. possibly
have a forum where we maintain phone # and addresses. example some of you folks I have net in person and some only here in  S & F good friends we went to church when in the service but never stayed in touch with after completing my tour of duty in the service. i do how ever intend to as we travel in the R V stop and see as many of you we visit in this forum. we can and will park close by and email or phone and meet and brake bread with you all as we can as we did with JaneS one time. only thing wrong with that meeting she bought the meal. In my mined as I was thought the man is supposed to be a gentleman. we plan some time to go back to see my cousin again and if JaneS will have time to visit then she will let us be the host then. the man at the body shop did a great job of fixing my mishap on the R V except the back up creamy and the g p s do not work now. I am going to get our friend to look at why and fix them. Have a great day.

Lloyd

roley

G'morning all. I hope you will enjoy this little walk today,sorry Gloria, not an easy one this time !,:-), never the less try and come along, i think you will find it interesting!,along with anyone else who enjoys these 'Armchair Walks', this time we go back again into our historical past, I enjoy reading your comments and hope these little walks help to pass the time for anyone else who is 'chairbound' too.
                                      Enjoy, Cheers...Roley.
CLICK HERE.
https://youtu.be/pOPYsDdOmfU

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend! I'm a bit later than usual this morning.  I answered the morning call and since the doggies hadn't moved and I have nothing urgent to take care of today, I crawled back in bed.  I had another hour and 15 minutes of solid sleep and it's wonderful!

AMY, I was thinking more of sticking something in the middle of the 54º so it would spread.  I'm afraid, if I give it a boot, it will disappear completely and I  sure don't want that to happen.  I think "spreading it" would be the way to go!

Haven't figured out what to get into today.  There are two things on my list that I like to avoid at all costs and I'm going to force myselft to face them today.....cleaning up the winter yard after the dogs (the snow all melted) and running the sweeper.  That's probably enough for one old lady to do.  Oh well, it keeps me going whether I like it or not.

I wish you all a good day.  Make it what you wish!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

phyllis

I would rather run the sweeper than do taxes!  That's one of the things I HAVE to work on today.  And then there is household laundry.  No end to the fun things I have to do.   ;)

At least, the sun is shining brightly.  That will help.

Take good care of yourselves today.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We expect to have a beautiful day today with sun and partial cloudiness and a high of around 63.  While I felt fairly good yesterday morning by afternoon I wasn't feeling good at all.  I am hoping for a better day today. Pat has an appointment with the lung doctor around 11 this morning.  I have to refill my medicine boxes this morning for the next two weeks and then want to work some more on the income taxes.  I probably won't get them finished today but hope to make a big dent in them.

Last night when I got up to have my Chamomile tea I decided it would be a good time to read all of the postings from yesterday, which I did.  I am going to try to be brief on comments today as want to get started with the other morning projects like eating my breakfast.

Mary Ann, I saw yesterday that there is another blizzard coming across the country so maybe not to late for you all.

Lloyd, glad you got your motor home back but know it is disgusting that they didn't restore the things the way they found them.  Like you, we have lost contact with many of the friends we had at our various locations we lived.  I have even forgotten a lot of the names. 

Roley, you do find some interesting tour videos to share with us.  Thanks.

Phyllis, I used to enjoy doing the taxes but they are pretty complicated in some way particularly when the tax software I use seems to change a lot year by year.   

Amy, is the serpentine belt fairly easy to change?

JaneS

LARRY, maybe you should stick something in that nice weather to cause it to spread....preferably to the North of you.

Phyllis, I took care of two big things yesterday.  My son fixed the "droopy drawers" and when he left he had the box containing all my tax stuff.  He has a degree in accounting as does my daughter in Texas.  When they were both fresh out of college and both living in PA, I told them that, having put them through college, I felt I shared their degrees and that I was never going to do my own taxes again.  And I didn't intend to pay anyone to do them.  Cindy did them until she moved from PA (about 12 years) and Philip has done them ever since.  Some things do pay off in the long run.  Of course, you all know that if they had not taken accounting, I'd still have helped them through college. They know that, too!

I've got the sweeper sitting in the hall.  At least, if anyone stops by, they'll know my intentions are good.

I guess I better get started.  I'm working inside first because the temperature outside isn't supposed to go up until after lunch.  I know what I'm doing!

Amy

Lovely sunny day here. I washed the van at the car wash, just used the rinse cycle to get the salt/dirt off. Felt bad that the mechanic would have to work on a dirty vehicle so I fixed that problem. With all that I need done they said it would take more than the two hours so they brought me home and will call when it is done. They may bring it here and I will drive the man back. Told them if the neighbour was home I would see if he would drive me in.......6 of one half a dozen of the other. :)

Larry, I think it is not too difficult to change. I just know if it breaks it could leave us stranded on the highway so better to get it replaced.

Put some sweet and sour chicken in the oven for supper and will have it with rice and green beans.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Carol

Just checking in on everyone.  It has been raining and looks like more snow on Mt. Lemmon.  (Tucson).  So unusual for this time of the year. 

Friends are planning a birthday party for an old friend of ours - she was born on St. Patricks day and they have hired a bagpipe player - he wears the real outfit too.  I hope it is nice enough to sit outdoors next Sunday. 

Amy:  The start button broke on my Viking #1 plus and they do not make parts for it anymore.  I have the electrical cord  to plug on and off and just have to remember to turn it off.  Good wishes on getting your vehicle fixed.

Take care all - we hear the flu is still kicking up and worse this month.  (We always have our shots in September and so far that has kept us well).   

Did you hear about the woman who was taking a picture of self (selfie) and a jaguar at the zoo grabbed her arm.  Very dangerous and careless of her but to her credit, she did say she was wrong.  It is a zoo near here. 

JaneS

Well, I mostly finished what I planned to do today.  There's still one room that needs vacuuming but it can wait.

I'm off to bed now.  I wish you all a good night and a happy tomorrow.

Denver

Good evening....we are home safe and sound. 

It was REALLY hard to leave my dad this morning.....I am so thankful we got to spend time with him.

Our flight was extremely rough coming in to Denver.  It was pouring rain when we were driving to the airport in Phoenix..... The flight crew was unable to finish the drink service...

I just heard that most flights out of Denver have been cancelled tomorrow as are many schools districts.

DIL, Michele is to start her chemo treatments tomorrow...... We were not to help out, but now with the schools closing that may change.

I best get to bed Incase we are needed tomorrow.

Pleasant dreams to EVERYFRIEND.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Still not used to daylight saving time and do wish they would leave the time alone.

We are off  to the city, I have some quilts tops to give to a lady plus other items she uses to make cat toys.

Carol, I have a Viking also but tend to use my Janome the most.

Jenny , prayers for Michele that she comes through this trying time in flying colours.

Jane,we are to get warmer weather the next few days but we will also get rain/freezing rain. Having said that I would rather we get snow!

Roley, thank you for another wonderful walk.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

I'm up and ready to begin another busy day!  Good morning to everyone who has been here and who will be here later.

JENNY, my prayers also go out to Michele for a successful set of treatments.  With her attitude, whatever awaits her, she will meet with courage. 

AMY, please keep your icy stuff in the NORTH!  We're suppose to get up to 54º today and I've got a nice, long, sharp stick ready to stick right in the middle of it so it will spread to all my friends.

The doggies and I are waiting for the boinger and then we'll have breakfast and I'll be getting ready to head to Wally World to greet my fans from behind the register. 

My daily list gets longer every day but I must admit that I include some items that don't take long just so I won't forget them and I also include some things that I like to do.  A proper "to do" list should always include certain things that you enjoy.  Otherwise, it could get very tedious.

Enjoy your day, Everyfriend.  It's yours so make it special!

Gloria

Good morning everyone, cold again this morning 21°. Was nice to start above freezing for a few days., Just hear d on local news that the wind will be calmer for a change.

LLOYD  the only ones I have met from the old SN were the ones from Australia that visited and the ones who lived here in New England. Was an enjoyable meeting and enjoyed by all of us. These days I seldom go out, too hard to do.

PETER  I always enjoy your Walks. I usually watch them after  I post and at times I may not tell you how I enjoy them. Always interesting to see how much older buildings are there than here in the USA.

JANE  I went back to bed yesterday morning and got 4 hours more sleep, got me more energy than I had in a long time. We still have a lot of snow on the ground. The end of the third row of parking-for visitors has only 3 spots open. The rest of it is where they plowed some snow and it has not melted much yet.At least the roofs are clear.

PHYLLIS  today is laundry day here but all I have to do is put clothes away, my CNA does the laundry. I can no longer reach to get the clothes out of the washer or the dryer. I think every day I am getting shorter.

LARRY  wonderful seeing you had a good morning a couple od days ago. Glad my taxes are easy to do. No more property owned and that is nice.This town has revalued property and my oldest son who lives here is ready to move out of the state.

AMY  the garage I used to go to was great if it would take a long time to work on my car and they would take me home and my son would take me to get it when he got home from work.

CAROL that woman went over the barrier to get that selfie. Her  injury could have been worse. What gets into people to be so stupid. My daughter has been getting rain outside of Kingman.

JENNY can you and your Dad use Skype or Facetime every day? It might have both of you feeling better to see each other every day for a few minutes. I would be lost if I could not see my daughter every day. Prayers for Michele.

JANE  we all should do something we enjoy every day.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Joy

Good morning, Jane, Amy, Gloria, and Jenny.

Jenny, good luck to your DIL as she starts on her next journey to getting well.  I  think she will do fine as she has such a wonderful outlook.  That just means so much.

It is a pretty sunny morning,  but only in the 20's.  Thinking about going back to bed on this cold morning.

I might read for a while and then get on with my day.

Sure hope everyone will have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. well I was up early on and talked to peter on Skype early, we had hard t storms in the night. it is 52º now and cloudy calling for more t storms and hard rain this afternoon that is good will settle the mud down. I am so tired of stepping in the mud going half down to the knees and can't hardly pull your foot out of it. we found a  jo dolly we can buy to pull our van behind the R V with,am going to go get it today. so we can get ready to travel. Shirley Nancy wants to come by and meet you on our way west. if that is good with you email us your phone # and we can call you. we have free long distance , we could talk about what would be a good time for you. see you all later.

Lloyd

phyllis

I can't believe that I slept until 7:30 this morning!  It felt so good.

Still working on taxes and I agree with you, Larry.  The method of reporting some things has changed and it is confusing.  I've done a lot of asking questions of the IRS site on-line to make sure I am doing the right thing on the right form.  I use Turbo Tax for tax prep. and they don't always explain things clearly, IMO.  I usually end up checking the .gov site for a better(sometimes) explanation.

It is a beautiful, very sunny morning here.  A little chilly but supposed to warm up.  I have to get to the library to pick up a book that is being held for me.  Also, I should get the car washed.  I may decide that we need to have lunch out today.  I need a break from the house....the walls are closing in.

I can still reach the bottom of the washer, Gloria, but I have to stand on my tip-toes.  And when I wash the big double sheets from my bed it is really hard to get them out. Sometimes I have to call David to help.

Thinking of Michelle, Jenny, and know that with her great attitude the procedure will go smoothly for her.  Still, I am sure it isn't something that she looks forward to.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  While we have some sunshine this morning overall it is suppose to be a cloudy day with no rain.  Yesterday was such a nice day that after Pat got home from her doctor's appointment she suggested we go over to Dairy Queen.  I said that sounded good as hadn't been out of the house for several days.  I had a small hamburger and fries, although only ate two of the fries.  I did finish the hamburger and had ordered two of the tiny Blizzards and ate a few bites of one of them and brought them home for the freezer.  I did enjoy the outing, the worst part getting the rollator in and out of the car.  I was pretty exhausted the rest of the day but it sure did my spirits good to get out.  Yesterday morning I did pretty well complete my income tax returns.  I will wait a few days and then review them again and e-file them. I was a bit shocked at the size of the refund we will get on both the Federal and State returns.  Today should be pretty quiet until evening when Scott, Jennifer and Elizabeth will be coming out to have supper with us.  The girls haven't been here since Christmas.  Pat has a new Instant Pot recipe for chicken that sounds good and we plan on asking Scott to pick up some KFC cold slaw to go with it.

Jane, it is very reasonable for you to expect your children to do your taxes.  I also have an accounting degree and have always done our taxes.  However, we do not have a difficult return. You sound like Erma Bombeck who said she kept her sweeper out in plain site so that if anyone dropped in she could say she was about ready to sweep.  I hope you get busy registers today.  Do you ever write anything on my ToDo list after you have completed it just so you can mark it off.  I have to admit I used to do that. 

Amy, nice of you to have your car washed before the mechanic had to work on it.  I agree it is a good idea to keep all belt in good working order.  Even though I have road side service I sure don't want to have to use it. 

Lloyd, I can remember when on the farm the barn yard got so muddy that it came way up on your overshoes when you stepped in it and we couldn't avoid some of it as had to carry the milk and milk things up a little hill from the barn to the milk cans in a cooler.  Mud doesn't seem to be too much of a problem for us here in South Carolina, at least in the area as our soil is mainly clay and sand.

Phyllis, I understand you can speak to different people at the IRS and get different results for the same question. I hope you are able to get out for lunch today.  I really enjoyed doing that yesterday. 

A little bit ago I had a followup call from the Blue Cross Blue Shield Customer service for South Carolina on a call I had with her last Friday.  She had done exactly what she had said she would do.  Very good customer service and something you don't often find. 

Carol, that sounds like quite a birthday party for your old friend.  I can't image being so careless as to put your arm in a cage for a wild animal.  I was glad the zoo didn't destroy the animal and that the lady with take blame for the incident.

Jenny, I bet you were glad when the plane landed in Denver.  I always kept my seat belt fastened on a plane until it reached the gate.

Mary Ann

Larry, my taxes are relatively simple and I use Turbo Tax to do them, then e-file the federal, but I have to pay to e-file my state, so I send that in.  Last year, I paid big for the federal and state both - dividends vary from year to year and they sure varied last year.  This year I think I will get a federal refund and I haven't started my state taxes yet.

Gloria, I've enjoyed Peter's walks too.  I found them online and have watched some of them.  Yes, some of their buildings are much older than ours.  I remember when I was in Germany many years ago that the family took me to an old town and I don't even remember how far back they went, but more than 200 years (as most of ours are).

A retiree friend called a few minutes ago.  Probably in May, our other retirees will be back from the south and we'll meet for lunch for a few months before winter sets in again. 

Jenny, Gloria's suggestion of Skype for you and your dad sounds like a good one.  You would be able to see him each day that way.  Best wishes to Michele.

I don't do the wash any more; Tom does it.  The laundry equipment is downstairs and I don't do stairs now.  In an emergency, I could, but otherwise, no.  He even folds the clothes, maybe not like I would, but I don't look gift horses in the teeth!

Jane, if my weather heads your way, you will like it.  We're sunny today with a temp of 39 degrees at 11:15 am.  Pretty soon my cat and I will be able to sit out on the deck, but I'm not holding my breath!

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Good afternoon, sun shining, in the 40's. I can not wait till it gets warm enough to set on the sunporch.  I do have and electric heater I can turn  on.  I like to read out there and have my lunch.

Larry, I use to like to watch and listen to Erma B, I remember when she wrote that about the vacuum cleaner.

Gloria and MaryAnn, when I toured europe I went to OLd old buildings, and when I spent a month in Turkey that is where you saw old churches( they covered up the Christians markings) that the Romans built and one bridge we went over all the time was built by the Romans. Here they are tearing down old houses and building to put in a parking garage, or apartment

Jenny, prays for michele and your dad, for you and your whole family.  I also think Gloria had a great idea.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

I'm home and it was busy up  the Gazoo!  I think they refilled the food stamp cards this week.  Most of my BIG customers used food stamps.

LARRY, I'm a fan of Erma Bombeck and I remember her remark about the sweeper.  Also, when she took her kids to the beach, she would tell them "You kids, if your father finds out what your doing he's going to be very angry."  She said that way she didn't have to claim the kids as her own and have everyone at the beach thinking she was a bad mother.

I have to admit that I've written things on my list just so I could cross them out.  I like to see the big red magic marker cross outs.  It means I'm NOT as lazy as I think I am.

I'm really tired and the doggies have been loved up and fed and out and in and I'm ready to see if they left any zzzzs on the sofa.

Keep on doing what your doing if it pleases you.  Stop if it doesn't! 

Mary Ann

Gloria de, when I was at Windsor Castle, there was part of Hadrian's wall from Roman times (I don't remember the year).  I see pictures of the Wall in various places and it has lasted many centuries.  I like old things.  Maybe that's why I like genealogy!  Ha!

Mary Ann

Carol

Sunny, then cloudy, rainy and some snow on Mt. Lemmon in Tucson.  Power out, wind with sideways snow, power on and off, planes cancelled, and that is Denver and Highlands Ranch area.  Stay safe everyone. 

Good idea to stay seated with the belt on upon landing while the plane taxis to the gate and do not stand up until you hear the ding of the bell. 

I am taking a break from sewing - after cleaning and oiling it to get rid of a clicky click.  Soft purring now like it is supposed to sound.

Denver

Thought sure I posted last night to say we were home safe and sound, but I do not see it🤣😢🤪☹️  There is nothing showing since last night...hum?

The "Bomb Cyclone" proved to be as bad as forecasted here today.....it still is not over, so schools will be closed again tomorrow.

Michele was to have Chemo today, so Dave took the da6 off and they got there early this morning only to be told it has bee; cancelled due t9 the weather.  This is the second time she has been cancelled......makes it so hard on her when she gets herself mentally prepared and then delayed again.  I feel so bad for her.

I am going to come back later to see if things are updated later.

Jenny

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

well first good Morning everyone. I came in and turned this computer on and it had on its own changed the back ground scenery on self. I had to do the password thing to get on line, i do not ever reamber seeing that Sean at all,
Oh well no matter it let me in to read and be social. it is 48º amd cloudy, but is calling for bright sun next three days, hope they got it right and it dose.I am sure tired of this mud. have a almost flat tire on the RV. had the same thing yesterday and took it over to the tire shop. they checked it and said valve stem was bad put a new one on and charged me $30. . it never fixed the problem it still has a leek in it. si I will have to air it up and go back and have them lick there calf over again, hope you all have a great day.
Denver I had the same problem with post not being here this  A M that were yesterday. do not reamber what i said to who so wont try to figure it out just start from here today,

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I see that I went off to bed last night without checking on all my friends.  I'm sorry about that but I'm happy to say that it's a good morning after a good night's sleep.

It's warm enough that I can sit out on the porch steps in the morning while the doggies roam the yard.  When I do that, I'm facing due east toward the first range of the Appalachian mountains.  This morning the sun was still behind them but there was a promise of it's rising and I was reminded of an old camp song that seems appropriate to sing any morning.  I'm sharing it with you.....

God has created and new day,
Silver and green and gold.
Live that the sunset may find us
Worthy his gifts to hold.

I always loved that song and it frequently comes to mind in the morning.  Although I can't carry a tune in a bucket, I think God hears me when I sing it!

Live your day as you wish but enjoy God's gifts.

Amy

Good morning everyone...

We had a great day away yesterday, dropped the quilts tops off with my friend while we had coffee/tea at Timmies. Did the rest of our shopping and headed home before the weather turned nasty, Mt friend phoned at 6 pm to see if we were ok, seems there was a serious accident on our road home. Checked the paper this morning and it was a head on collision with one lady passing.

We need to go to the feed mill this morning to pick up puppy food for this fast growing little?? fellow.

Jenny, that must be frustrating for Michele and all the family. Hope they can get on with it soon so it will be over with and she can enjoy the summer.

Larry, we also have CAA but if we head to the city it is a long way for help to come get us. Nice to see you enjoyed your getting out. Scott,jennifer and Elizabeth will enjoy a nice home cooked meal, plus you and Pat's company.

Ok Where is Shirley?? Did she find a snowy hill to play on?

Better get a move on here..

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS your greeting this  A M was great. I suspect we all need to do a better job of thanking him  and asking for a better forgiveness of our short Cummings. we do not miss a meal of one or the other saying us saying thanks for the freely given blessings. and some times I ask for forgiveness on the go. Have a great day hope it is just as you like it.

Lloyd

Mary Ann

"Good evening....we are home safe and sound."  (from Jenny)

Jenny I show a post from you on March 12 at 11:37 pm (my time EDT).  That could be the one you are looking for.

I've gotten people in Norm's B&T interested in the Soo Locks and some of the ships that go through the locks.  I posted a short video of a ship going through the locks and I'll put a link here in case anyone wants to watch.  Lakes Huron and Superior are not the same level and the locks were built in the 1800s to enable ships to go from one lake to the other.  In the lock, the ship is raised or lowered to make it possible for the ship to get to either lake.  The ships carry ore, grain and other commodities.

https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/messages/32829

Mary Ann

JaneS

Thanks, MARY ANN, but I can't watch it.  It wants me to sign in to YAHOO Mail and I don't have that.  So I guess I'll just be deprived.  It sounds like everyone who watches these videos, enjoy them. 

Mary Ann

Jane, I'm sorry.  I admit I have Yahoo mail, but that is not the way I got there.  I think I put Soo Locks in the search line.  I'll experiment and see if I can come up with something. 

I've never had that happen before either to others or to myself. 

Mary Ann