Random Image

AZ MAY 2002 (103).jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of May 1

Started by JoanFL, May 01, 2016, 04:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Linedancer--You certainly have many memories of SC--some wonderful and some not so good.  Try to concentrate on your good memories.

Mary Ann--I wish I could send you some of our hot and humid to replace your raw and rainy.

angelface--When in grammar school, we also did the Maypole dance.

halkel--What delicious thing is your wife cooking?

Sandy--Thanks.

Radioman--None of my meds come in a bubble pack, and I certainly get no deliveries of meds.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

Radioman34

JoanFL I;m surprised on both counts.  Bubble packs and home  delivery are commonplace . . My morning bubble has 6 meds in it, my suppertime bubbble has 4 and the bedtime bubble has one,  all automatically delivered on Wednesdays

Jeanne Lee

Click here to see the latest Home Page with a beauiful rose by GinnyAnn:  Home

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

angelface555

GinnyAnn's rose is absolutely luscious, so feminine!

JaneS

Beautiful Rose!

I finished one of my chores for today and it wasn't easy!  I wonder if it's easier to pay the bills if one actually has MONEY?

I'm off to feed my stomach now and then I'll tackle the ironing while I watch TV and I'll try to get the pants hemmed tonight.  Not looking forward to either of these chores. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

Radioman--I don't know anybody who receives their meds like you do.  Your way certainly simplifies things.

Jeanne Lee--Thanks for the link.  That is a beautiful rose graphic done by Ginny Ann.

Janie--Well, I don't have much money so I don't know.:) Good luck getting the ironing done and the pants hemmed.

Sandy

There is also something to be said
for me having to get my own meds set up.

I do it a week at a time.... and
this forces me to be aware of what
I am taking,  and when I am taking
it.

However,  I can also see the benefits
that I would get if they came all
packed up and ready to swallow!!
;)

As a stroke sufferer,  I fully blame myself
for my lack of  paying attention to
the meds that my Doctor  prescribed
for me.   And I realize just how easy it was
for me to become complacent about my
medication scheduling,  until one day
my lack of full awareness caught up
to me and changes my life,  for ever.
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

CallieOK

O.K.,, everyone can relax.  The three Church Ladies who went OTL have settled all the problems that need settling.  :thumbup:
What's that?    ???     Nobody heard us?    :o     Well, Piffle!   You're on your own, then!   ;D   :smitten:

I remember participating in a May Pole dance in the middle of the high school football field but I have no idea what the occasion was or what grade I was in.

Patricia,  once, when I was doing pre-school storytimes at the local library, my husband and I were in line at a local cafeteria.  All of a sudden, a little voice piped up,  "HI, Spider Lady" and I saw one of the storytime kids waving at me.  As everyone in line grinned and stared, her mother explained it was her favorite rhyme and she loved that we always did it at story time.

June Drabek

Don, my pills come in a bubble type card..some times hard do dig out. When I get down to three pills on the card I take it downstairs, and they call me when the new card comes in. Usually a months supply on each card.

Do any of you that have gmail, have a little icon in the top right corner, that has a circle with an arrow and when you click on it there is an option of "back up now". If so, can you tell me how to get rid of it. It operates on its own and I have thousands of copies of former messages that I have to delete. They are never really deleted, as they keep coming back. There is an option of "stop back up", but it only works when this "back up" thing operates on it's own. If you know what to do, Please Help ! It is driving me wild.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Vanilla-Jackie

We haven't tried it yet but I think we have a new system here for getting our next supply of meds...not sure yet how it works but I think they are sent from GP to chemist then the chemist posts, or gets them sent to our home....as we stated the chemist is over a mile in a straight line to go to collect.....I have to wait and see when my next set of meds are due, as how this is to work....should be a three month supply....
I haven't registered here to order my meds online like at my previous address.
Does anyone know whether Fran made it back onto our new site? I haven't seen any posts from her for some time....Of course she maybe posting under a different name....
" There is no present like the time "

Kelly

Hi Jackie
I think there are a few of the members on the older S&F that have not signed in yet.

kelly

Radioman34

June your bubble card sounds just like mine. It has one week's worth of meds in it. I don't have to notify anybody when I'm running low though; I get an automatic delivery every week

Vanilla-Jackie

Kelly, thank you, just some are using new names now, or we have acquired a few new members.....I also miss Sachiko from the video slide room, I did hear she had been in hospital but, hope she finds her way back to this new site when she is ready.....she is such a sweet and lovely lady...

JoanFL

Sandy--I consider myself to be very aware of the meds I take.  But, there's no  guarantees.  My condition could change in a flash.

Callie--As long as the OTL women solved all the problems, I don't have to worry.:)

June--Sorry.  I don't have gmail.

Radioman--Automatic delivery would be heavenly.

Vanilla-Jackie--I haven't seen or heard from Fran.

Beverly

Good afternoon from sunny, warm Florida. The temp reached 92 this afternoon. I've had a lazy afternoon but may go out in the yard and putter around later. I like working out there in the evening.

We're thinking of making a trip to Vermont the end of the month for my 60th high school reunion. We'll be driving so if we change our mind at the last minute it won't matter. Each year we say "this will probably be the last time we drive there".  :)  It's a 1400 mile trip, one way.

Radioman - Your med delivery sounds very handy. Some over-the-counter meds come in a bubble pack. If they are used infrequently it's a good way for them to stay fresh.  The only prescription one we get that way is my Fosamax.  I have to admit I dislike them! I find them difficult to open. Sometimes I use the sharp point of a knife to break the seal.

Joan - We haven't had any rain either and could sure use some. Some of the bad flooding in east Texas is not far from where Ila Matter lives.

Wishing you all a lovely evening.

Sandy

Mine too,  Joan!   
Life sure gets complicated as we age! :o
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

I have delivery of my prescription meds but they come in bottles.  OTC meds I buy at the supermarket. 

Mary Ann

Kelly

Hi Beverly
Can we swap your 92F for our 52F please  :)

Kelly

June Drabek

Don, I get a months supply on my bubble cards. I take nine different subscriptions so it is really a job doing the meds. My son showed me that on some cards you can poke a hole in the back of the card, but some are too tough to do that, so like Beverly, I use a knife to open the paper backing.

Kelly

JaneS

Well, I got the ironing done and the bills paid. So two jobs are complete and I'll complete one more before I go to bed.  The pants are still waiting to be finished and I've decided to tackle them first thing in the morning when I'm fresh.  I'm not even going to visit with my friends until they are done.

I have an eye dr. appt  at 11 a.m. and I'll do one more job that requires running on the way there.  Right now, I'm going to Dreamland so I'll say....

Good Night Everyfriend.  God bless us, Every One!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

angelface555

Callie, that was sweet of the little girl to say hi and remind you of  just what an impression what we do makes on young minds.

halkel

Well this day is drawing to a close.  Wifes supper went well, pork ribs, baked potatoes, green beans, corn and fresh baked French hard rolls.  All delicious.
And well received by all.  Even enough ribs left over we can have some left overs.

And I did help clean the kitchen afterwards.........so there.

I hope everyone had a good day.  Janie, sounds like you had a busy day but got a lot accomplished and by the way if I ever meet someone who has lots of money and doesn't mind paying bills, I will introduce you.   ;)

Nite, nite, God bless and Sweetdreams.

June Drabek

Good Night all. I am brain weary, and sick of erasing all the jillions of "back up" message the program keeps throwing at me. I hate that thing.

Have a blessed Good Night and a happy tomorrow. I love you all. June

JoanFL

Good Monday morning, Everyfriend.   There's blueberry toaster strudels to accompany your coffee or tea . I wish everyone a nice day!!

:smitten:

CHUCKLES

Sense of Humor?

My wife seems to be losing her sense of humor for no apparent reason.

Why just the other day, she got mad when she announced that she was going to the beauty parlor.

I asked, "Are you going in for an estimate or are you going to get the work done?"

Food For Thought

How To Prepare Your Heart
(By Andrew Wommack)

"And he did evil, because he prepared not his heart to seek the LORD" (2 Chr. 12:14)

Relatively few people are determined to do evil. They don't wake up in the morning seeking ways to transgress. Rather, they fall into sin because they have not prepared their hearts to seek the Lord.

This passage in 2 Chronicles 12:14 is speaking of Rehoboam, the king of Israel, who was the grandson of David. He inherited the throne when he was 41 years old, at the death of his father Solomon. In the beginning of his reign, his heart was sensitive to the Lord. He turned back from battle simply because of a prophet who spoke to him in the name of the Lord (2 Chr. 11:1-4).

However, his seeking the Lord only lasted for three of the 17 years of his reign (2 Chr. 11:17). Sound familiar? It certainly does to me. During the time I have been in the ministry, I have known thousands of people who genuinely loved the Lord at one time and were excited about the things of God, yet they grew cold and, in many cases, completely abandoned the Lord and the things that were once so dear to them. How can this be? Why does this happen? It's because they didn't prepare their hearts to seek the Lord.

The word "prepare" means "to establish, fix, prepare, or apply." It conveys the idea of deliberate effort over a prolonged period of time. The same Hebrew word that was translated "prepare" here was also translated "fixed" four times in the Old Testament, all spoken by David. David used this word twice in Psalm 57:7, which was a psalm he wrote about the time he was hiding in a cave, and Saul, the king who was trying to kill David, came into that exact cave.

David's men tried to get David to kill Saul and seize the throne which was rightfully his, but David wouldn't do it. Why? Wasn't Saul trying to kill David? Wouldn't it have been considered self-defense? No one would have blamed him. He could have gotten away with it and have saved years of frustration and pain in his own life. But David had already prepared, or fixed, his heart that he would not take the kingdom by killing Saul.

His own words about this instance say, "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise" (Ps. 57:7). If David had not already fixed his heart on what he would and would not do, he would have succumbed to the pressure of that moment. But he had already fixed his heart against taking Saul's life.

The word "fixed" means: "1. firmly, in position; stationary 2. Not subject to change or variation; constant 3. Firmly held in the mind; a fixed notion" (American Heritage Dictionary). One of the keys to preparing our hearts is to fix our hearts on what we will and will not do before we encounter the temptation. David had already settled what he would do so that there were no options left when the temptation came. Far too often, Christians have not made strong enough commitments and, therefore, succumb to temptation.

Of course, no one can accomplish preparing their heart on their own. This is not a matter of sheer "will power." God must be involved in preparing our hearts. Psalm 10:17 says, "LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart." Only when we trust in the Lord and depend on Him can we find the strength to make our hearts not subject to change or variation. Humility is an essential ingredient in the preparation of our hearts.

Proverbs 16:18 says, "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." Anytime anyone falls from their steadfast position in the Lord, you can bet that they got out of humbly depending on the Lord. Humility has to be forsaken, or at least neglected, before we fall. A humble heart makes a soft, sensitive heart.

Our imaginations and our memories are also an important part of preparing our hearts. David said in 1 Chronicles 29:18, "O LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, our fathers, keep this for ever in the imagination of the thoughts of the heart of thy people, and prepare their heart unto thee." David was speaking about remembering and the part that imagination played in our memories.

In context, David had just given offerings toward the building of the temple in Jerusalem that totalled in the billions of dollars (1 Chr. 29:4). Then the elders of Israel did the same (1 Chr. 29:6-7). It must have been an awesome experience, and David prayed that the Lord would use the memory of this event to prepare the people's hearts.

The power of memory is a vital part of preparing our own hearts. The Lord warned the children of Israel not to forget the mighty works He had performed for them lest they turn away from following Him (Deut. 4:9, 23; 6:12; 8:11-14, 19). He linked memory to staying true to the Lord.

No one who was dominated with thoughts of the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord would turn their back on the Lord. To turn from the Lord, Satan has to divert our attention from the Lord and block the memories of God's goodness to us. Keeping our positive memories alive will keep our hearts knit to the Lord.

Thought of the Day

“My theory on housework is, if the item doesn’t multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be.  No one else cares.  Why should you?”

~ Erma Bombeck

:smitten:

Kelly

Vanilla-Jackie

Good Bank Holiday Monday morning...

Well I have to be the first one to admit Amazon is quick and reliable.....

Yesterday I ordered a 4 litre plastic cereal container by Addis...it stated was arriving Thursday 5th.....then updated to Wednesday 4th...but I received the updated tracking from Amazon Logistics telling me that it was out for delivery for today...now baring in mind I only ordered this Item yesterday and today is a Bank Holiday Monday, I had my doubts it meant today and not tomorrow being the first working day of the week but...low and behold the tracking stated it had reached my destination of Dorchester and looked to be very close.... which within a short time came a knock at my door, arriving around 10am...and there it was my cereal container....even R had his doubts it would arrive today.....

Kelly

Vanilla-Jackie

Good morning Kelly, wish we had our waving smiley's back but I know our Pat is working on it...

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Robins are singing for rain out there. I am off to my quilting group shortly. Stared another quilt yesterday and soon it too will be done.

Hal, bless your heart,wives really do thank husbands for helping with the clean up.it is appreciated very much!!

Jackie,good morning ,I hope today is a better day or you.

Kelly, good morning!

Joan, thank you for breakfast.

Jane, I must admit I would rather make a quilt than hem pants...I do hem them but mutter mutter muter...not my favorite job!

Enjoy your day everyone
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers