Random Image

Vintage Lady tag

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarsGal

Good Early Morning to All!

What a lovely morning on the Lake. Port Huron all pink sky and blue water. The Wisconsin Point Cam (Duluth Harbor cam site is gorgeous this morning, also mostly pinks and blues with a broad band of yellow before the sun rises.

I was up by five and checked the river cams, but just missed most of the ships, except for Herbert L. Jackson and Federal Champlain. Hard to see in the dark anyway. Kay E. Barker will be at the Marine City Cam about 6:30am and Lee Tregurtha should be passing Algonac in a few minutes.

Oops. Kay E. Barker is a little farther up than my brain thought it was Lee will be passing Marine City soon. It doesn't take long from Algonac to Marine City Cam. Got to see a lovely shot of Lee with the sun rising through clouds just behind her. I love these early morning shots of the sun rising.

MarsGal

Got to see Kaye E. Barker and Lee Tregurtha pass each other at Marine City. Lovely sight. Also, saw this Super Yacht, the Equation, just behind the Lee. You to can charter it for only $45K a week. I have to wonder how they manage to pack all this into that yacht. Lots of photos. https://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=myshear-fantasea-2863

angelface555

Homemade Fresh Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
Refreshing and cooling homemade strawberry lemonade for making summer party time special.
Course: Drinks
Cuisine: American Inspired
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings: 6
Calories: 136kcal
Author: Swati Kadam Gulati
Ingredients

1 1/4 lb fresh strawberries stems removed
    1 cup lemon juice freshly squeezed
    3/4 cup cane sugar
    4 cups water chilled
    ice
    few fresh mint leaves to garnish
    few strawberry slices to garnish

Instructions

In blender jar combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Blend until everything gets pureed.
    Strain the mixture using a strainer to remove the grits from the fine seeds of the strawberries.
    Transfer the strained pulp mixture to a large pitcher.
    Now add water and mix well. Let the lemonade chill before serving.
    Serve with ice cubes and garnish with a few mint leaves along with a sliced strawberry.

Notes

Add more sugar if you want it sweeter. I usually prefer lemonade that is not oversweet. Therefore, with the amount of sugar I mentioned above you may find the lemonade little less sweet for you.
    You can tear and add few leaves to the pitcher to get the nice minty flavor.

Mary Ann

Patricia, the strawberry-lemonade sounds good.  I like things on the tart side too, but I don't have the makings for many things now, nor do I make them.

MarsGal, I'm sorry I didn't get up early enough to see the early morning light and ships.  I haven't looked for any ships.  I think the Port Huron site is the most interesting because so much is going on.  I feel sorry for the people in Algonac who must contend with water on their boardwalks.  I had read where Lake Michigan would continue to rise into August, but today I read that rise is slowing. 

I think I'm getting the hang of the changes to my computer programs.  There is a list of apps and probably 95% of them are ones I don't use.  All I have to do is ask for Firefox and I can take it from there.  If I get lost, I go back to the beginning and start over.  It was very frustrating and now I feel more comfortable with it. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

I see that Larry, has not been here yet this morning.  He didn't show up yesterday at all, so I hope we see a message from him soon, or that a family member will let us know how he is? 

MARY ANN - Looks like your computer problems are almost over?  Such a relief when the computer "puzzle pieces" all begin to fit together, and you can finally see the whole picture!  :)   I'm not 100% there yet, with my Smart Phone.  I've had it for a number of months now, and there are still things abut it that I haven't figured out.  The camera app works just fine, but I've had no luck posting the pictures I take, on sites like Facebook or Instagram.

PATRICIA - Your strawberry lemonade sounds delicious, but unfortunately I won't ever have a chance to enjoy a glass.  I gave my blender to Shelley and Claire, a while back, and I've never owned any kind of food processor. 

Joy

Good morning on this pretty sunny morning.

I am just marking my spot.  I am not feeling all that great this morning.  I had to go to our local Urgent Care place yesterday , as I couldn't get an appointment with the doctor.  I do have a UTI and got several Rx's for it.  So, even though I do feel a little better, still not up to par.

We were supposed to have steamed crabs at my son's today, but he was able to cancel the order.  We will try again in a couple weeks.

Mary Ann,  try putting your really hard ice cream in the microwave for just about 10-15 sec. If it is still to hard to scoop up, just try adding 2 or 3 more seconds. I have to do this all the time and you can pretty much get it your liking.

Hello to all the Seniors and Friends. Hope everyone will have a good week end.

Joy
BIG BOX

Vanilla-Jackie

I too keep looking for a post from Larry, been no post on our Christian site either, they too are showing concern...
" There is no present like the time "

MarsGal

Mary Ann, did all this computer nonsense show up after the major upgrade? I see that Microsoft is dropping support for version 1803 in Nov. so I will soon have to do the upgrade to 1903. The last time MicroS... did a big upgrade, I had to take my computer up to the computer repair place because it would not reboot. I didn't even get as far as a blue screen where it was supposed to be thinking. I am a bit leery of upgrading now.

I like Port Huron, because I like the watching the ships make the S curve. I like Marine City because I get a good long look at the ships that go by; the webcam operator usually gives more close up views than Huron. Algonac seems a nice place to do a family vacation. There seems to be a lot of family activities there, some fishing, but not as much as around Marine City and out on the lake. I am generally not a chatroom junkie but I do like to read the posts for these cams. They put up some informative things there occasionally, and because they are new, it interests me to read the questions and see where people come from. Saw British ship and one from the Marshall Islands (believe it or not) come up through Port Huron several days back. I'd like to see one of those pilot boats transfer a pilot to an international ship, but so far, all I saw is one chasing down two ships from the Netherlands; so they would have transferred pilots out on the lake out of sight of the webcam.

Like yesterday, there is a cool breeze, but a hot sun this morning. I went to the grocery store for a few things, and am now doing some laundry. I do not plan on mowing the backyard until tomorrow or Monday. Shan has had some extra energy the last two days and looking to get into trouble or pester Lucy. I guess I need to pick up the play time again to bleed some of the energy off. His current favorite thing to do is to bat wadded up Lipton Tea bag covers that I through to him. He is very good at intercepting them and batting them back.

MarsGal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCJinuIH9nA  Gosh! Look at all the pleasure craft at Charlevoix right now (Noon Eastern). It's like a parade.

Mary Ann

MarsGal, it's Saturday when all of the pleasure craft come out.  Norm usually worked on Saturday but when he could, he'd be on his way to Grand Haven to his boat.  I've told this before but if a storm was expected, I also was expected because we seemed to coincide.  I see there is no chat for Charlevoix.  Tom gave me two more Duluth sites and no one has gone in to chat.  I like to read what they say but so far I'm not going to join in.  I think it is no different than these folders, but they like to stay on the subject and are not as broad as the S&F folders.

The change to my computer did show up after an  upgrade, but I feel I have mastered the problem now.  I did not know where to go to get where I wanted to go.  You know - no directions!  When I found out where to go to enter where I wanted to go, everything seemed to fall into place.  I had one problem yet last night and that was resolved this morning.  All it took was patience but I'll bet my blood pressure was doubled yesterday!

Joy, I hope you continue to feel better.  I've had a couple of UTIs but I didn't even know I had them, so you know my problem was not as severe as yours.  I was given prescriptions for antibiotics both times and I took them until they were gone and I did not have to go back to the doctor.

Joy, I took the ice cream carton out of the freezer and brought it here in the computer room.  Since I am the only one who likes it, I felt free to eat from the carton.  It tasted so good and I put it back for another time.

Marilyn, I had to get a new TracFone/Alcatel when TracFone discontinued using Nokia and its version.  I bought the Alcatel Flip phone which has a camera but my phone is not a Smart Phone (I'm not "smart" enough).  I don't feel that I need a sophisticated phone because I am not on the phone often enough.  Tom has a phone with all of the bells and whistles and he uses the bells and whistles.  I don't need a GPS because his phone has one.  Not driving does make it unnecessary to have a lot of extras on the phone.  I can get in touch with any of the family and friends and that is all I need.

I, too, wonder how Larry is. 

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

It is out of character for Larry to not make a brief showing, if just to let us know, he is ok...

FlaJean

Marilyne, you mentioned that you hadn't been able to send your photos from your phone.  The simplest way to explain how to send a photo from your phone is:  1.  Click on your photo icon at the bottom of your screen, 2.  Click on the photo(s), 3.  Click on the icon in the left bottom corner (looks like a box with an arrow pointing up).  That will bring up Message, Mail, etc. and click on the one you want to use.  You can just send a photo to yourself in email or iMessage.  Then drag it onto the desktop and add to your photo app.

I have my phone set up to stream my photos between my iPad and computer but that has to be done in Settings on each device.

Denver

A good Saturday HELLO.

I did not get in to check on you all yesterday, and I missed you! 

I had email contact with LARRY and he is not feeling up to posting but seems to be doing a bit better.  I know we all feel the same about this dear man.......we are just lost without a post from him and all dread the day when there will be no more😢😢😢. Tears come to my eyes when I think about him. 

Kurt and the two boys came down from Vail Thursday afternoon.  We all went to dinner and then we had to get the bed made for the boys as they spent the night before we took them t9 the airport early yesterday morning for their flight back to Boston.  Kurt stayed in the guest room.  We stopped for breakfast on the way home, but then had to head down to pic) Grandson Matt up and bring him up our way to his tennis match.  Thankfully we were able to get a nice spot in the shade and watch his match easily right in front of us.  Then we had to get some lunch as he had a tennis lesson that afternoon.  Picked him up from that and took him home at 5 PM.  NOW THAT IS A LOT for us old folks in one day! 😩. We came home after a quick bite to eat and hit the "rechargers" aka recliners! 

MARY ANN, how nice you and Tom had a nice lunch and visit with Annie and her SO.  I am sorry to read about your computer problems....that is so annoying. 

PATRICIA, I have been watching all I can find about your fires and I thank you for keeping us updated.  Your strawberry lemonade recipe sounds yummy.  Thank you. 

I must get busy and get something accomplished.......🥰🥰🥰

Have a great rest of your day!

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Marilyne

JEAN - Thanks for a nice clear "tutorial", as to how to send a picture from my phone. I'll give it a try, and see how it works for me.  I tend to be very hesitant when it comes to my phone, so this will give me some confidence! 
Yesterday you mentioned that you had never eaten an apricot.  I wish I could send you a box, but unfortunately, the best of the California cots do not ship well at all, which is probably why you've never had the pleasure. Don't bother with the cots you might see in your markets from here, as they are hybrids, and don't taste at all like the real thing. 
Instead, you can enjoy one, by looking at these pictures, from Apricot Heaven.  :) 
http://fortheloveofapricots.com/2019/07/apricot-heaven/

MARSGAL - right after I saw your post this morning, I clicked on the Charlevoix cam, and enjoyed watching the ongoing parade of pleasure craft!  So beautiful, with the perfect weather, and the big selection of so many different boats, in all sizes and shapes. I plan to look again tomorrow, and certainly next Saturday morning. 

MARY ANN - I agree with you on the webcam chats.  I read and follow along, but I feel uncomfortable joining in.  I did ask a question once, on the Marine City cam, and someone did answer me.  I can't even remember what it was now?  They do seem to all know each other (by name) on that cam, and lots of them live close to Marine City.  There are a couple of men who chat there quite regularly - one from Australia, and the other from somewhere in the UK?

JOY - I hope that you'll be feeling better soon?  Too bad you had to cancel the meal of steamed crabs, but as you said, your son will have it at another time.  Thanks for the hint on putting the container of ice cream into the microwave for a few seconds, to soften it a little.  It's impossible for me to scoop it out when it's rock hard!   I usually have to leave it on the counter for awhile, but the micro, sounds much faster.

JACKIE - Like you, I'm thinking about Larry, and hoping that we'll hear from him later today?

JENNY - I see we were both posting at about the same time, so I wanted to check back in and tell you how happy I am that you heard from Larry!  Here's hoping he continues to feel better, and will be back tomorrow.     

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
...thank you for passing this information on...I hope our Larry will feel more up to it in a day or two's time...Like you, I too will dread the day " there will be no more.."

Mary Ann

Jenny, thank you for contacting Larry and I'm glad you had an answer.  He has said many times when checking in with a single sentence that he didn't feel like posting. 

Jenny, I think my computer problems are over, at least for the time being.  My opening screen was different and I didn't know how to get here from there but when I discovered what to do, things fell into place and I had what I had before.  Tom was not available at the time for help and "I did it all by myself!"

Marilyn, I doubt I've eaten an honest-to-gosh apricot, in fact, I haven't eaten a hybrid either, but I have had apricot jam and liked it.  Whether it was "pure" or not, I have no idea.  My mother used to can Michigan peaches and they were good - fresh or canned.  We still can get Michigan peaches because some are grown around here.  I think it is just the strawberries that we cannot get in season.  I remember when you asked a question on the Marine City Chat and I don't remember your question either.

Jenny, you and Bob are so busy with your family, as it should be.  Imagine what it would be like if all of your families lived near you!  I think you would be really busy then.  I know we don't mind being busy with and for families. 

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi everyone on a relative cool day here in Georgia.  I am so hopeful that the confusion of the last couple of days when I was definitely in a state of memory failure is gone for at least one day.  Let me tell you it is a dreadful place to be in as everyone is telling you it will be all right when you can't do anything but plead for help.  If I don't post on a given day take it that I am back in the state where I cannot post.  I was pleading for help and all I seemed to get was people patting my hand and telling me I wasn't experiencing what I way.  Perhaps I did take too much medicine and certainly hope that is the case.  Pat thinks I have become dehydrated again.  It has never made sense to me to take a salt pill three times a day and then limit fluid to no more than 1 1/2 liters. 

]I don't have much to write about from yesterday since I wasn't here.  I will try to come back and edit my posting for comments from the since I last was able to do a quick edit.  There is a good chance the dementia was brought on by dehydration and that would be wonderful news.

Jackie, as I mentioned earlier I was not capable of posting and It was as a struggle to get to the mail box.

Mary Ann, always nice have responsibilities over for special occasions.  Pat likes to get hers finished as well. 

Jackie, our minds can do dreadful things when thinks get our of place in our bodies Thanks goodness for Pat discovering the problem and starting me drinking a lot of water and a lot of pedicure. Thank you all for being concerned about me but now mu son has posted and I am hopeful that will not occur again as feel fine today.   Since I started writing the man came to pick up the 60 inch television that we have given his sister and Scott went to Lowe's and got the new flooring worked out.  There was some confusion but hopefully it is straightened out and it may get installed tomorrow. I now need to get in touch with my friend Rod as he is still living in a state of dementia and I have some knowledge of what that Is like.

If I have missed anyone in reviewing the past couple of weeks po posting I will try to do better tomorrow. 

Joy

Good Sunday morning. Pretty sunny morning.

Good to see a message from Larry.  Just keep "hanging in there, Larry !"

Thanks, Mary Ann, I am feeling better this morning. Still have almost a week of pills left, so, hopefully, that will help.  I did sleep better last night.  Just have to remember to try to drink more water, also. And, I am not really fond of water.  And, I don't really care for the flavored water, either. But, I do force myself.

Nothing special going on.  I do need to get a shower and get dressed before my son comes down. He is coming down to fix something for me.  So, I better get a move on.

Hope everyone will have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Vanilla-Jackie

Larry Hanna...
...thank you for the email you sent me, I have read it but, also so very happy to see a posting from you today,  it doesn't matter that it was shorter than usual, just that you have made a posting today is all that matters...

I am not long back from church but wont be able to be taken the next couple of weeks due to the only two available men ( NeighbourCar ) who will venture out so far to where I am living wont be available to take me, they both have other commitments...The lovely elderly man who has been my Godsend is soon to have his longstanding male friend coming over from Canada to UK next week so wont be available to take me to church for the next two Sundays and because I live so far out, way down in the valleys, even people from the church cant help to get me in...

Marilyne

LARRY - Good to see you back with us this morning! :) Medications to make us feel better, can often do just the opposite.  I hope the folks from hospice, can explain what happened, so you will be prepared if it happens again.  We are thinking about you, and always look forward to your message every day.

JACKIE - Sorry you won't be able to attend church, for the next couple of weeks. The time will pass quickly, and in the meantime, maybe you can find a church service on the television, that you like?  We have all denominations to choose from here, on Sunday mornings, or just choirs singing beautiful hymns. 

JOY - I'm glad that you're feeling better the morning.  Those pills they give us for UTI's, do work quickly, but they say you have to take every last pill, to be sure that the problem is gone.  Hope you have a nice day today, as well as everyone else who looks into this folder.  :thumbup:   

Vanilla-Jackie

Marilyne...
...the Lay Minister this morning who was not giving the sermon, and was dressed in normal clothes approached me and I gave him the photo he asked me last week to bring in of Richard, he gave the service last week...He studied the photo of the two of us I had put together side by side and told me it was very clever of me, i told him I had a programme to do this on my computer... although both with different background and taken different years apart.., same as my avatar photo but full size, he placed it on a canvas display to the back of the modern build church, so Richard although was not a church goer, he is now and will remain in the church...

angelface555

Good morning from a cooler Interior with a high of 74 expected. The wet thunderstorms,(meaning without lightening); and wind we've had since Friday and expect through next Thursday seem to have achieved their object with most fires contained or close enough. We still have some smoke, but now the hills are partially visible. I understand that most of the issue was steep forested areas with the only way in by helicopter.

Many trees had fallen due to fire at their roots, and that also impeded access. Dora and Allen, among others, are going home tomorrow, but some will stay later until the all-clear given for their areas. I was worried as they had been saying if they had to, the army would have flown us out, but pets were unclear. Luckily due to the fire crews and all who came to help us were able to work in such hazardous conditions where the only access was by helicopter or drop. I and others will always be grateful to all of the brave men and women who helped in dangerous conditions. Many pets and working animals also owe their lives to these bold, trained souls.

Larry, it is good to hear from you today. I see your frustration and hope you will have more information soon on your memory loss.

MarsGal

Patricia, I am happy to hear that things are improving up your way.

Larry, I am glad you were able to report in this morning.

There isn't much to report here. I did not go out this morning to mow the backyard. It was already 72 when I got up and by 9:30am it was 79. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit cooler, but is to go into the 90's again after. We've had some cool feeling breezes a few days ago, but that didn't stop the sun from feeling hot and the temps to get close to and over 90. wouldn't bee so bad if the humidity stayed low.

This is what I saw at Marine City this morning, a brigantine. https://portofcallbuffalo.org/ships/saint-lawrence-2

Mary Ann

Larry, it was good to see a post from you.  I would think Hospice could clear up some of your confusion as to the meds, whether or not they are contributing to your confusion.  I hope you can get an answer soon.

MarsGal, what a thrill to see that brigantine and I wish I had been home to see it. 

Dot and I did our usual this morning.  Our church secretary is retiring and they took up a collection for her and gave it to her during the service this morning.  Afterward, there was to be a coffee in her honor and Dot and I decided to forgo the coffee and go to the Cholesterol Pit, aka Mr Burger.  Now we don't have to eat until late.

I understand a great-nephew is in town from California and I hope we hear from him.  We have not been contacted directly so if we don't hear anything, we won't do anything.

This morning I could not make contact with S&F and I thought it was more trouble.  I do know I don't have the correct apps for many of my programs and I don't know how I'll handle that.  Even Firefox, I had a message that I could buy the program.  I hope no one else has had this problem.  I do know that Microsoft wants us to use their programs, not outside problems.  I think Edge would substitute for Firefox.  I hate being forced to use something I don't particularly want, however, I have not tried Edge, Cortana or other programs on their list.

Patricia, even with the fire damage, it sounds as if conditions are easing up in your area.  Maybe one of these days you can breathe!

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Ohhhhh, now that is sad! Yesterday I noted that there were three dive boats located on the river just by St. Clair and wondered about it. I just now checked the feed for Port Huron. Someone reported that they were looking for a missing local boater, aged 21. That river runs pretty swiftly; they may never find him. Sad for his family.

Mary Ann, they are stopped at Sarnia right now. Don't know how long or where they are going from there, so maybe you will catch it later.

MarsGal

Mary Ann, and other interested. I forgot you can still see the brigantine if you "rewind", push the time red line arrow back to around 5am. My red line actually says -7:17:10 or so on the Marine City webcam when I move it back. I think the cam holds about 24hrs. all told. There are only two sails up, but you get a real good look at all the line and tackle.

Denver

A good Sunday HELLO❣️

Sadly, my Dad is back in the hospital....he was having chest pains yesterday afternoon......they stopped so he thought it might be heartburn, but then they came back with vengeance.  They called the paramedics and after checking him and treating him for heart attack they transported him to the hospital.  The doctor there said she wanted to keep him and run tests today, so we shall see what it is?  Bless his heart, I just do not want him to suffer and that includes him having to go in to assisted living....he will not be happy there 😢😢

EDIT: just called the hospital and they told me my Dad is going home💞💞

LARRY, it is so good to see your post this morning.  I hope you continue to enjoy a clearer mind as I can only try to imagine how frightening it is when one can not think clearly.  Hang in there and here is a big HUG for you.

JACKIE, I am always so pleased to read you were able to go to church. 

MARY ANN, always happy to read that you and Dot made it to the Cholesterol Pit🥳🥳 I do hope you will get to see your California GGrandson!  I have to admit, we are sure glad for some down time after a busy day like we had on Friday.  We want to help out all we can but keeping up can be a challenge.  Our oldest grandson is so sweet....he thanks us and makes us very proud that he appreciates what we do for him🥰 During his tennis match, when a ball hit right in front of me, he asked when he came to get it if I was doing OK.  HE IS SO THOUGHTFUL. 

PATRICIA, I do appreciate the updates that you share with us and I hope that things do improve quickly so you can be at ease and have some cleaner air to breathe.

JOY, I am glad that you are starting to feel better....good for you to try to drink more water.....it is the best for clearing this out of you.  Hang in there and HUGS to you.

I need to call the hospital and find out the room and telephone number so I can check on my Dad🙏🙏

Enjoy your Sunday.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Ann...
...yes this morning ( UK ) morning, I too could not get into our forum, nor could I get into the Christian site forum, both seemed to be down at the same time...

Jenny...
...that was a quick and sudden hospital visit...they have released your father quick, is this good news or worrying news that they are releasing him so soon?

MarsGal

Ah, Hah! I found out that there is a tall ships celebration from July 18 to July 20 at Bay City. Maybe we will get to see a few more heading up river soon.

Port Huron webcam watchers will see the start of the 95th Bayview Yacht Club of Detroit sponsored Port Huron to Mackinac sailboat race on July 20th. It is one of the longest sailboat races in the world. Sorry, I couldn't find starting times.

FlaJean

Marsgal, enjoyed your photo of the sailing vessel.  Looking forward to seeing some of the tall ship celebration.

It has been a quiet day.  Glad that the hurricane didn't come this way but sure feel bad for the people in Louisiana.