Random Image

carshowtruck.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe 3-19-17

Started by Jeanne Lee, March 17, 2017, 09:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Gloria, we found out a bit more about Tom's friend; her son stabbed her, then stabbed himself.  He did not die right away, but I think he did before they got him to the hospital.  A few years ago, he was in a motorcycle/truck accident in Arizona and was thrown 25 feet in the air.  Some people have speculated that he hit his head, maybe causing a concussion and that is what caused his problem now.  I guess there will be an autopsy to prove or disprove that.  I feel for Tom because the woman (her name was Gloria!) and her husband have been good friends and they would have Tom to their place for supper occasionally.  Tom said she was a very good cook. 

Dot and I had lunch together at her place.  She had made some minestrone soup and she bought some fish sandwiches for us - a nice meal.  We gabbed a bit, then I had her bring me home.

Mary Ann

June Drabek

Happy Wednesday dear hearts.My day started out early with a 5a.m. blood draw, and for some reason a lot of chest pain. I must have pushed too hard yesterday as I an sore as the devil in the lung area this morning. I did get my bones down for my son Gary's Bible studies. He is so well liked and makes things come through so clear. He aso starts the service with hymns we sing to his lead and his guitar.

Now I am home heating up some left-overs for lunch, and will be seeing my doctor around two p.m. The rest of the day is mine, and I intend to just loaf it away.

Gloria, I really should have Gary take me to a dentist, but I am just too tired out from all this chest pain.  I was using dental floss yesterday and pulled off a piece of enamel that was helping to hold  silver filling in place. I can see the filling with a little dental mirror, so I will probably lose that ere long, but feeling this bad and weak as I do, I'm saying to heck with the whole problem. What ever will be will be. Wow..50 acres is a lot of land your kids have Gloria. I wish them the very best of luck and contentment in their new home . They are young enough to really enjoy many years to come. They made a wise move, indeed.

I have eaten my lunch, sipping on coffee and will soon go down for my appt. with the Dr. A long trip…..two floors down on the elevator.  ;)
As long as we are here, let's dance.

June Drabek

Had a long wait to see my doctor but a good visit. I like her so much. I am tired though. Glad to be home with nothing else scheduled for the day. Hope we hear more from Joe, and I hope and pray it will be good news again.

Shirley

Mary Ann, it must be very depressing for Tom to go through losing people he cared about and didn't realize they were in such a crisis.  My sincere sympathy to him and to you, it leaves us with a sad, empty sort of feeling.

June, you didn't say if the doctor was concerned about your chest pain today, hope it is better tonight. 

I am fuming today, the sprinkler people never called with another appointment to finish the job so I called this morning... "can't get back until April 5"..... Can you believe I've got to live with these holes in the ground & piles of dirt in at least 4 or 5 spots, can't have the yard guys come to do spring clean up until then!!!  I got out my barrel that holds the biggest yard bags you can buy, filled 3 bags with leaves just from the porch sidewalk to the driveway, maybe 10'.. the 4th bag is nearly full but I was worn out.  That did not include the leaves packed into yucca plant that fills the corner of sidewalk to garage door, that'll take another bag or two.  None of these leaves are mine. I have a Cleveland pear tree and Sweet Gum in the front yard & picked up those leaves as they fell, not one in 500 of the leaves I picked up today came from my trees.  Some people never pick up, some have a crew that does the job once a year, one neighbor lady & I pick up once a week all fall & every day when trees do a big dump.... today bags are full of pin oaks, sycamore, redbud, magnolia & some other kind I don't recognize.  Anyway, I am not a happy camper tonight.... everybody is picking on the little old lady this week.   :tissue:  Got that off my chest.  At least I feel good enough to get mad~  My mother's doctor kept saying that "she was growing old gracefully".... guess that ain't gonna happen here!  :knuppel2:

Gloria, YES!  It was Martex that I couldn't come up with the name!   I came to trim my hair, like last year I was letting it grow to pull back for camping, couldn't stand it, 2 weeks ago cut it back to normal.  It does grow fast so wanted to get the yard work done before cutting & washing today.  'Tis bedtime & still got to get the job done, never know what tomorrow will bring.  Don't know what I'll do when I can't reach around my head to do my own hair, sure can't find anyone that uses a razor blade to trim anymore & scissors don't work for me... every clump cut with scissors will stick straight out.  Ah, life's little problems.   :crazy2:

Hal, a few years ago we had a couple from Viet Nam, when the wife made egg rolls she always brought some over and we enjoyed.  Other than her rolls, I've never been able to eat any Oriental herbs & spices in foods, not sure what they use (I have a chart that shows the main seasonings in all ethnic foods) that doesn't agree with my system.  No problems with French, Mexican or Italian.... basically same seasonings/spices.  About 35 years ago when on convention with my husband 6 or 8 couples wanted to go to the most famous Chinese restaurant in LA or San Francisco... 8 course meal & I could hardly down a bite of each.  So many of us & rather dark room, I tried hard not to let anyone notice, but I excused myself after that. 

Don't know what the landscape is where Amy lives, but 70 miles of mountain driving is a lot longer than 150 miles of flatland like TX, KS, & even eastern CO. 

Amy, I never got to the store today but sure wished I had, the Gatorade would have been welcome.  Do you get the original flavor?  When Cas was drinking it he tried different flavors, in fact, he even bought the powdered to mix his own, not sure why.  They carried it playing golf.  There's been a bottle of it on the shelves in the basement, my pantry/stockpile... got to be more than 4 years old since Cas will be gone 4 years in July.  I always have my hands full when going up & am a bad house keeper.

Jane, glad you found the Epsom salts, hope you have time to lay flat for a couple hours to let those back bones wiggle & stretch apart if it is still bothering you, "picture it"... those little nerves slipping out from between the vertebrae & squealing for joy... "free at last".   

Time to shut up & get the hair cut, washed & ready for bed.  I did turn the furnace on, Tom was laying in front of the toe warmer under the sink in the kitchen.  Sweet dreams to all and God Bless.

Jeanne Lee, if you ever find a spare minute & are the one that put my weather "thingy" in before.... I sure wish I had it back but as someone once said, "way over my pay scale"...   My zip code is 67203 if that's what it takes, but I don't want you to spend a lot of time working on it.  I know you are putting in many extra hours keeping this place afloat till Joanie get back.  Thank you for that.
:smitten:

halkel

Tisie, you are right the highway from Del Rio to San Antonio is pretty straight, some of it, quite a bit, is two lane and not a bad drive.  B U T  the road from Del Rio to San Angelo, also 150 miles, is crooked as a dogs hind leg and lots of hills, not mountains, but is hill country.   Many years ago my oldest daughter was going to college at Angelo State in San Angelo and I would drive up on Fridays and pick her up, pick up some Kentucky fried chicken, we didn't have one in Del Rio in those days, and drive back home, 300 plus miles and never think a thing about it.  Kept the potato salad under the car a/c on the way home.  Only one town between San Angelo and Del Rio, Sonora.  Happen to be the home town of Hoss of Bonaza fame.

Shirley

You know what I mean, Hal, about driving those flatlands.  I grew up with one lane each way when it was 90 miles to city limits of KC (no more, KC & Sedalia stretched their city limits).  Had one "dead man's curve" that was not forgiving when doing 100 to 120 mph & met a car going opposite direction.  In those days, "reasonable" was the speed limit.  Tell that to a teenage boy!  The record was 59 minutes from limit to limit.  I wasn't driving & don't remember if I was in the car.  We honestly didn't think it was wrong if the speedometer showed 120.  When any of the boys parents got a new car (Mercury, Olds 88 or Hudson ranked best) they had to make sure it would do the limit. 

Girls didn't do the driving, not cool, and I wouldn't go along for a ride if they had been drinking, but I did love cars & speed.  We had Joey Chitwood & Aut Swenson at the State Fair most years so from about 14 on, I would work the 10 days of the fair.  From 16 on at the Administration Office so had a button that got me in all the shows free.  Was a good life.  If I remember, gas was about 19¢ a gallon, in the early '50s I don't remember anyone checking to see what kind of gas mileage they got, those big engines guzzled but no pollution stuff to lug them down, right?  We didn't think we were doing anything wrong. Ah, the good 'ol days.  I still love to drive the highways & enjoy the scenery, foot might get heavy in the wide open spaces but I am very careful in those winding roads in the Ozarks and CO mountains. 

Nearing midnight, better get to sleep.  Let myself get angry at the sprinkler people for not getting their job done and me having to clean up the whole neighborhood's winter leaves.  Think anger wears one down more than work.  I understand about taking home the KFC.... same when we lived in Western KS & came to Wichita, everyone took home a bucket of chicken. 

Amy

Good morning everyone..

I feel so light headed ,I was wrong on the date of my late haircut ,it was in July. Nice to have a hair cut..and love the massage she gives while washing the hair!!

Not sure what is on the agenda other than hang out some laundry that I did before going to bed.

Gloria, I do wish the cold weather wasn't here too.I hope the temperature warm up and soon. I am so ready to go out and play in the dirt, I have been picking up seeds to plant for a wile now.

Larry, I love the recliner my husband bought me a few years ago, it is on that will lay you back or stand you on your feet with the push of a button.

Hal, that is a long distance and at one time wouldn't think anything of doing that. I find heading to the city and doing what needs to be done and the trip home just tucker me out. All I want to do is relax after a day out.

Shirley, I can understand your frustration with the workers, I am one that thinks if you start a job you finish it before moving on.

Mary Ann, that is so sad, one wonders what goes through their minds to do something like that. Something triggered him.

Sandy ,yesterday we had high winds, hope today is better. Think everyone is more than ready for Miss Spring to enter!

Hope to hear more on Joan, prayers for her and her family.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

Ah Tisie, 19 cents a gallon and gas wars, we didn't know how good we did have it, did we?

Amy, when you live like you do and my kids do, an me also for some years, you just accept the distances you have to drive and get on with it.  The only thing I really didn't like was that if you needed something and the local store didn't have it then you had to order the item and wait, forever it seemed.  Now the kids have a couple of big box stores in Del Rio and can get just about anything.  Here in a city of over a million, now, sometimes you have to drive all over town to pick up an item, like a switch for my Hunter ceiling fan a few years ago.

Got to get a move on bible study this morning.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  It looks like it is going to be another nice day but getting only into the low 60's.  I plan on picking up medicine this morning at Walmart on my way to get my friend to take to coffee.  After I take him home I plan on going back to the church for the Wisdom group meeting.  I have a couple of chores to do in the kitchen if I have any energy left after a full morning.

I have a neighbor across the street from me whose home is under contract and the neighbors on one side of me listed their home yesterday.  I just now spoke with them and they are moving back to Texas where they have a home.  He has retired from his job as a nuclear engineer at the Savannah River Project.  They have only been here a little over a year.  I will hate to see both families leave as they are good neighbors.

I almost forgot that the college basketball playoffs continue today so know what I will be doing this afternoon and this evening. 

Hal, I was tired when I went shopping so that didn't help.  However, I knew if I didn't do it as early as possible that it wouldn't get done.  I had been putting it off for quite awhile as I dread doing any shopping and am doing more Internet shopping.

Shirley, it sounds like this isn't your week to deal with workmen.  Our yardmen are putting out new pine straw in our neighborhood today in preparation for the Master Golf Tourney week.  While I am not fond of having a home owner's association I at least don't have to worry about caring for the yard as we have a maintenance company that does that.

Amy, my new recliner doesn't stand me up although I tried one of them but it didn't recline and wasn't very comfortable for me.  My Dad had one of those chairs in his room at the nursing home and I used to sit in it when I visited him daily.  I am going to enjoy the motorized features of the chair. 

Lloyd Hammond

I thought I was younger than Hal and tesie, but must not be I from back then have a different memory I pumped lot of gas in one of those old pumps with the top glass bowel with a 3 ft handle on the side. customer would say I want x # of gallons and you best not over pump it.I pumped lot of gas @ 10 cents and 15 cents. we checked the oil level and the fluid in radiator and washed the windows all around even inside when needed.

Lloyd

Gloria

Good morning everyone, feels like winter has returned.Down into the teens overnight. It was deceiving yesterday, beautiful sunshine and blue sky but windy and cold. Have the local news on and one of the gal reporters is outside and all bundled up with the hood of her jacket on. The wind almost blew it off her head.

MARY ANN  looks like they are more worried about concussions now than they ever were. Sports like football sure have had a lot of them. That is another reason I am glad my SIL and grandson for rid of their motorcycles.

JUNE  I hope you are feeling better today. I know I did just about nothing, was worn out after 2 days of going out for appointments. Hope you can get to a dentist soon. Did I say 50 cres? I should have said 40. They love it there with the peace and quiet. She was telling me once about helicopter going around very low and later found out they were herding cattle. The men in the copter even waved to them.  In San Diego they were in the landing path to the airport and the planes were so low you could read what airline they were from. I did not even go down the 2 floors in the elevator and around the corner to the mail room to check my mail box. I laid on the couch watching TV after my CNA left. I feel so lazy when I have days like that but wish I could do at least half of what I used to. 2 days in a row for appointments is something I will never do again.

SHIRLEY  I would tell that company for the sprinklers what I thought of their work ethic once the job was done. Like you I like a razor cut for my hair but no one does that anymore. I cannot raise my  arms to even use a blow dryer or a curling iron anymore so keep my hair as short as I can, Needs cutting again. Wonder if Matex still has goats. Remember how she named them for the ones who posted in  the Missouri group? My daughter is 40 miles from town and it takes them an hour to get there, most of that time is on the dirt road down from the mountain.

HAL  in this state 300 miles would be several round trips.

AMY  like you that massage on the scalp always felt so good. I no longer drive but a day out now wears me out for several days, especially waiting for the ride to get me home. Tuesday I waited over an hour for them to pick me up. After a couple of nice warm days here with a gentle breeze it is windy and cold again.

HAL  a gas price war at those old prices fro the late '40's  would have everyone happy.

LARRY I had a delivery of a prescription. That is the only thing I like about the pharmacy where I get them now.

LLOYD  it has been so many years since they washed the windows of cars when you got gas.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

June Drabek

Happy Thursday Morning dear hearts. All the normal morning chores are taken care of, so now it is time for my sojourn with my cyber family.

Amy !!!! For the first time, I am able to read your posting without putting on my glasses and practically crawling inside the computer. What a delight !!!!!!! What are you planning to put in your Spring garden ?  Veggies, flowers or both. I envy your ability to get down and dirty in Mother earth. How I miss it. I do have fhree flower pots to play in, but it's just not the same as a real garden.

Hal, my morning is free, and I'm glad of it…..can't seem to come alive yet in spite of the coffee and morning duties like bed making and dressing. There are four programs lined up for this afternoon and evening, but I will see how it goes as the day goes by.

Larry, i had a landlady whose recliner would lift her up, and she was afraid it would toss her out of the chair. I think, as much as is possible,we should do our best to use our own muscles for as long as we can. I have sure found the accessories a help with this painful rib area though. Getting out of bed still is a shaky situation.

Gloria, it still hurts to take a deep breath, sneeze or cough. Dr. seemed to think everything sounded good chest wise yesterday, so it is just waiting for nature to do the healing. I really dread having to go out to the dentist, so I am not telling Gary about the broken tooth. I was so tired after my last visit with them…two hours in the dental chair is really more than my body can tolerate. Forty acres is still a lot of land Gloria. Where I lived before I came here, we had forty acres, filled with buildings, but still open country around them. Here we have just four acres.

I am suddenly tired, so off I go to recline and read.  See u later.

Carol

An afternoon nap is calling me already.  We had company yesterday - then, a coyote crying most of the night kept me awake.  We just took a bag of donated clothing to the local thrift shop after exercising then used a coupon for one free breakfast.  It is cloudy and cooler here today and snow is predicted for the very dry Denver area - you need the moisture, Jenny. 

Amy:  thinking of the garden already.  Peace and quiet is harder to find in the world - enjoy while you can. 

Looking for the update on Joan. 

Larry:  Sorry about Pat's back problems - I hope she gets the help she needs.

Shirley:  Your posts are so fun to read - but please take it easy swinging that wheel barrow around.  :)

JaneS

Hope Everyfriend is enjoying nice weather, good health and happy days!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good evening and this will also be good morning as we will be in the road at 5:30 for chemo.

Today wasn't a planned day, I ended up taking Golden girl back to the vet. She is now on two weeks of antibiotics.On our way out one of the techs  was walking a King Charles Spaniel puppy!! He was so cute,so soft and full of puppy breath , kisses and wiggles... :smitten:.

Managed to fill the wood box , get another load of wood in and make a pot of beef barely soup before we had to leave.

June , I am glad you can read my posts  ,I am sorry I thought I had made them larger but maybe I was doing the opposite???

Carol,I love to garden and I can also find my peace and quiet on a small lake in my kayak!

Everyone take care and have a good evening..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

June Drabek

Another pretty lazy day. I went down for a good lunch with good friends, the over to Choir practice. That really tired me out and left my lung hurting, so came home, took some tylenol, put on comfy clothes, and read and napped and read some more.I skipped balance and mobility. I would like to go to a prayer meeting at 6;30 tonight, but I would have to change clothes again, and I'm still feeling tired. So.....I'll probably take a pass again. The Soul is willing, but the body is weak.

Amy do you really have a lake nearby, and a kayak too ?????? You have a most interesting life style girl. Is the lake on your property ? When I was in my early teens, I lived across the road from an artesian well fed gravel pit, and practically lived in that water during the summer months.

I know we are all anxious for any news on our Bis/Joanie. But her people have more to be concerned with than keep us supplied with the latest news. So we will content ourselves with our trust and hope in God's perfect healing. We know she is surrounded by much love and prayers.

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone!
we buy most of our gas at Murphy's at this part of the country they are part of Walmart, we put $$$ on  Walmart gift card and get 3 cents off the pump price.
they have a container out there with water in it and a medium length handle with sponge and wiper edge on it and towels to wipe clean. but unless the windshield has bird or big splash on it I do not wash it in or out. ever. now and again Nancy washes it. bad boy to much washing when I was a child and as a so called grownup  and owned a service station of it. have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

If this works see how ireash dancing rely started.

Lloyd

http://videos2view.net/irish-dance.htm

larryhanna

Hi everyone on a bright and sunny morning here in South Carolina.  We expect to get up to about 78 º today with zero chance or rain.  Other than the housekeeper coming today this should be a pretty quiet day as have nothing on the calendar.  We might go out to eat our main meal today but that has not yet been decided.  Yesterday was a very enjoyable day for me as I felt good and like doing things for the first time in several days.  I enjoyed the early evening basketball games but didn't stay up to watch the late games. 

Lloyd, I have only a vague memory of gas pumps with the glass bowl on top.  We had one service station that had those but don't remember my Dad buying gas there.  We sure don't get personal service at the gas station anymore.  You sure have had a lot of different jobs.  No wonder you are so capable of doing so many different things. 

Gloria, my son still has a motorcycle but has said he is going to sell it and that was music to my ears.  I hope you are getting rested up by now.  I don't know whether any of our pharmacies deliver prescriptions or not.  Fortunately we haven't needed such a service at this point. 

June, the lift chairs work so slowly that I don't think there would be much danger of being thrown out. I am glad you have your recliner to help you feel more comfortable as you heal from your injuries. 

Carol, we use coupons when eating out very often, especially at Ruby Tuesday's. 

JaneS, are you getting better weather.  Hope all is well up your way. 

Amy, does Golden girl have infection at the surgery site or is this for something else.  Do you enjoy looking at seed catalogs as you plan your garden?

June, I know we are all looking for good news concerning Joan. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, had trouble sleeping last night, the baseboard rattles every time the heat starts. 2 days I have left messages for the maintenance man but he has not showed up yet. I will go downstairs later and talk to the manager. If I got 3 hours sleep last night that was a lot. Another gray damp day here.

JUNE  Mare had one of the recliners that helped her stand up. Only way she could get up at that time. Get to the dentist, that tooth will get worse and that will not feel nice. If I got a broken tooth now I would have the tooth pulled out.

AMY  so sorry about your Golden girl. Hope the antibiotics work.

LARRY  the CVS in this town will deliver meds but not all of them do. Of course the are the ones some medical insurances use for mail delivery.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Denver

Good Friday morning to EVERYFRIEND❣️

No news on our Joan, but continued positive thoughts and prayers for her today.

JUNE, I do hope you are feeling better each day.  Hugs. 

AMY, I am sorry to read that your Golden Girl has a infection at the wound site.  Hope the antibiotics work quickly. 

SHIRLEY, you sure have been suffering this year with the flu stuff.  I hope you can get it all behind you and feel much better. 

There are blizzard conditions in Colorado as I look out at this beautiful blue water and sugary sand beach!  I am sure not ready to head home tomorrow! 

I wish you all a good day. 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

June Drabek

Jenny, I think all of us are hoping each day for good news on our Bis/Joan. As I recall her last siege where she need a respirator lasted a long time too. Hopefully, each day will find her more able to breathe on her own, and that will lead to having her home again. In the meantime, we can thank God that she has such a loving family looking after her. I read the following this morning, and it meant a great deal to me, at my stage in life, and I hope you also will find it reassuring.

"This is a time in your life when you must learn to let go: of loved ones, of possessions, of control. In order to let go of something that is precious to you, you need to rest in my Presence, where you are complete. Take time to bask in the light of my Love. As you relax more and more, your grasping hand gradually opens up, releasing your prized possession into my care. You can feel secure, even in the midst of cataclysmic changes, through awareness of My continual Presence. The One who never leaves you is the same One who never changes; I am the same yesterday today, and forever. As you release more and more things into My care, remember that I never let go of your hand. Herein lies your security, which no one and no circumstance can take from you."  Sarah Young.

Carol

June:  Thank you for the quote from Sarah Young.  Hugs to you. 

Amy:  Love rowing - here, I use the rowing machine they have and if I close my eyes, I can imagine rowing on Lake Washington - in Seattle.  Sorry about your sweet doggie not feeling cured yet.

Shirley - Tisie!  Good day to you! 

Jenny:  See you in a month -   

Denver

JUNE DEAR, I enjoyed your quote from Sarah Young.  I will keep it to share with others when needed.  Thank you.  Yes, I think we all remember the struggle Our Joan had last time after being on the ventilator. With all our loving prayers she will be back home with us once again. 

CAROL, the time is passing much too quickly, so yes, we will look forward to your return to Colorado in a month.  Enjoy the time you have left in Tucson. Sure glad none of us were there today for the blizzard! 

We are headed out to dinner to meet our Panama City Beach Family.  It sure has been a wonderful week and I think Bob enjoyed sharing his growing up year stories with the grands.  It has been quite a treat. 

Have a good night.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

June Drabek

It has been a quiet Saturday here at Rowntree, with something different this afternoon. The daughter of one of our tenants was married today and her parent, or parents requested Rowntree to take care of entertainment after the wedding. I woke in mid afternoon to hear lively music playing in our Courtyard and people circulating around enjoying the food and entertainment. Now our usual "quiet" has returned. I slept so soundly after a good lunch..for about two hours..so it was good to have the lively music playing.

And it has been exceptionally quiet here today, unless my computer is sleeping as I did. I will have to back-track and investigate.

Denver

Here is a update I found on Face Book tonight from Joan's Daughter, Linda.  It is a lot more encouraging and I sure am feeling a lot better about her. 

My sister Jackie, my/mom's friend Riesa , and my mom's nurses all report mom is doing better today. She's already starting to be able to talk (post-vent).  My sister brought mom more of the get well cards that had been sent, which mom loved.  She also enjoyed a visit from the church deacon-- she seems happy to see visitors. Thanks to everyone for the continued well wishes and prayers.

God bless you, Joan.  We are all here pulling for you.  Continued possitive thoughts and prayers.

Sweet dreams to all.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny

Lloyd Hammond

well it is good to see good news about bis. our prayers continue for her better health recovery. time for me to wish you all sweet dreams and good night.
I had a busy day worked on the Bulldozer putting a good used track on it.
then much needed rain started (god is good) and I went and got a haircut
before i had to start paying DOG Tax.

Lloyd

Shirley

Amy, before I forget, want to tell you "thanks!"... for suggesting the Gatorade.... thank you, thank you!  I got the lemon lime flavor & it tasted so good I kept on drinking until I downed 3 little juice glasses full.  No side effects so had some more this morning for a break & bought another bottle this afternoon.  My body chemistry must have changed, am craving things I haven't eaten since young.  No sores on my tongue or anything. 

Our weather is crazy today, was warmer when I woke up than about 10:00 am, then got hot & finally cooled down with thunder & scary clouds, very little moisture. 

Jenny & Carol, I check the Monarch Pass cam and St.Elmo every day....  they showed some snow this morning but looks like it is melting good, especially St.Elmo. I don't know how those houses stood with all the snow on their roofs this winter & all gone now.  Won't be quite 3 months before we are camping at Mt.Princeton.  In the meantime, I looking for a few good days to go to MO to see dogwood blooming.  I'm going to fill the water tank & hope no more hard freezes, did turn on the frig & freezer today to have cold when the day comes.  Dogwood always blooms during tornado season so I don't plan ahead, just stay on "standby".

Gloria, have you had any contact with Mare since the old days?  I think of her often & wonder how they are doing & if her gr-daughter is still running races.  My gr-daughter was over again this week to work on her painting... she is frustrated it is taking so long but is pleased with her efforts.  I told her at the start it would be the hardest one she ever did, not because of being the first, but she will remember how much labor it took to get all that detail in and maybe think about wanting to do simpler paintings.  But she will know she can do any she wants.  When it's closer to done I will post a photo of it & the photo she is working from.

June, I also liked the quote you posted, one that sticks in your mind.  Is your chest better?  Do you think you cracked a rib?  I did it several times before I realized how easy they crack.... and every time the pain lasted 6 weeks.  First time it happened the Dr asked if I wanted it wrapped or not, that it didn't make a difference.  It was hot so I just tried not to cough a lot or bend certain ways until time passed! 

Lloyd, I remember those glass bowl pumps.  My gr-father had a little station right on highway 50 between Jefferson City & Linn, MO... on the edge of the little town of Loose Creek.  Had a lunch counter & sold all those bagged goodies, place was built into a hill and the upper part was where they lived... it was also ground level.  He bought that place after he retired & was fun to stop there on our way to Bonnots Mill to visit my other grandmother.  One time we counted 56 first cousins playing outside on the upper level of the station.  Our mothers always brought lots of food, big families, lots of hugs from aunts & uncles.  Good memories.

Larry, glad you had a good day, I am impressed with how much you do every day.  Also envy your wife that you don't object to eating out.  Cas never wanted to eat out, had enough of it when working & out of town.  If he saw something on TV that sounded good he would have me go get carry-out.  I still do that instead of eating alone, at home I have TVs to eat in front of. 

Had calls from my boys tonight, at least one of them calls every day & one calls nearly every night to make sure I'm okay.  I do appreciate them for caring.  My daughter used to call on her way home from work but now that she is retired she calls any time during the day.  She is loving having time to clean & sort stuff at her house, first time she hasn't been working or going to school in her whole life. 

Oh, Jenny, thanks for the news from Linda about Joan!  That really sounds much better!   :angel3:  :angel4:

Good night, Lloyd, glad you had a good day & don't have to pay dog tax.  :snoopy:

Time to give cats their midnight snacks & get myself ready for bed.  Good night & sweet dreams to all.  Prayers for all in need and hugs to all.  God Bless.  Shirley 

JaneS

Good Night Everyfriend and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Yesterday went well.in and out of the hospital in good time too!!
We missed the worst part of the weather it seems ,a little snow  and rain going in but nothing coming home. We did see the ice on the trees and wondered if anyone lost their power .

Shirley, your welcome ,reading back you asked what flavour we get and he only like the fruit/red one. Amazing how it works ,so I always try to keep some on hand, just in case!!

Larry, this is at the incision site . I told the vet tech,no problem giving a pill to golden girl as she just chomps them up, her glucosamine pills are much bigger than this antibiotic but it is spit out faster than it goes in. I now coat it with peanut butter and down it goes!

June we are nestled in between two lakes, one big one and one small one. In the summer I love to hear the loons calling each other from the lakes. At times when the loons fly over the house they are that low you can hear the wind in their wings......love that!!! I put both flowers and veggies in June, a must have is beans,not only for us but the dogs love the raw beans. I also liked your quote...how true that is..

Larry, while talking with my son last night I gave out an exclamation and he wondered what happened. I had sat down and the chair control was under me and the chair was going back!

Gloria, this poor dog has been through a lot yet is always wagging her tail..she has a good nature.

Carol, all you need is a cd of water/sea sounds and your off and rowing.

Hal, your right, you just accept the distance and in winter pray for good roads to travel on. I must say though the drive is pretty, we get to see all kinds of animals. I almost got a really close up look of a deer yesterday but braked in time. :))

Jenny ,thank you so much for the update. Joan is missed so  much here , let's hope each day finds her improving and NO set backs.

Lloyd, hope today brings you a trouble free day..

Jane, may your day be filled with great people through your till if you're working. Enjoy your day to the fullest!

Have a great day everyone..

Jimmy Dean