Random Image

hibiscus

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for March 15,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, March 14, 2019, 06:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

Answers of a brilliant student who obtained 0%

Q: In which battle did Napoleon died?
A: His last battle

Q: Where was the Declaration of the Independence signed?
A: At the bottom of the page.

Q: River Ravi flows in which state?
A: Liquid.

Q: What is the main reason for divorce:?
A: Marriage.

Q: What is the main reason for failure?
A: Exams.

Did the student answer anything wrong?  :)

so_P_bubble

What do you call a can opener that doesn't work?
A can't opener

so_P_bubble

"Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold - but so does a hard-boiled egg."

CallieOK

JaneS

I still don't have all those fancy icons but I love your "stuff" just as much as anyone else does, BUBBLE!  Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Today I heard the geese on the pond over behind the houses over yonder.  I think it's safe to say that Spring is on the way.  HOORAY!!!

I got a lot of things done that I've been avoiding and I'm afraid I'm the worse for wear.  All that pushing of sweepers and scrub rags and fetching and carrying is taking it's toll!  I think I'll just vegetate for an hour or so and then hit the hay.

I know it's early but if I don't say my good nights now, I'll probably forget.  SOOOOO....

Good night Everyfriend!  Sleep well and wake refreshed.  Tomorrow is another day.  And may God bless us, every one.

SHIRLEY, so sorry about your having to come home to wind damage.  I hope you find it easy to repair but it doesn't sound like you will!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Lindancer

Thanks Bubble for our newpage, nd smiles

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  This is an earlier start for me.  The doggies have been out and we're waiting for the pill boinger.  I have my first cup of coffee and I think I'm ready for whatever the day brings.

I'll be off to Wally World at 9 today so I'll be finished earlier than the days have been.  Depending on how my energy hold up, I might try to make it to the car wash.  My car needs to shed the winter crud.  Since I no longer drive in bad weather, it's not as bad as it's been in winters past but it's not as good as it could be.  I think  there's still a shine under there even if the car is 20 years old.

I wish you all a good day.  Make it you own in every way. 

phyllis

:) Just marking my place.  Not feeling too well today so won't comment until next time.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Rain here and now lots of ice!! Just have to pick up hubby's blister packs and home to work. Need to get the basement tidied up.
Bubble, thank you for the new start page and the giggles.

Shirley welcome home. Sad that you have a mess to deal with but knowing you it will be done and cleaned up fast.

Phyliss, I am sorry you are under the weather still. Is it the cold still lingering on?

Jane, this day long ago David put me in the hospital!! He wanted to be born!

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. I see only the girl's so far. I went to bed about 9 pm and slept through with a few dreams until 6:30 A M. we had hard wend yesterday.was in the mid 50's but felt cold. the rt front tire is flat on the R V. they did not get it fixed. so I will have to bring a air bomb up from the shop and air it up and take it back to tire shop and have them lick there calf over today, should have yesterday but by time I got the cattle fed I was wore out. Have a great day today everyone. we may get some of the R V loaded today getting ready to get out of here inn a few days.

Lloyd

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone,  from the warmer
but rainy,  rocky coast of Maine. 

Still cool here,  but it looks like soon
the better,  warmer weather will return...
Hooray !
Great JOB,  So_P...
Thanks for our new place to post !

Sandy
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Gloria

Good morning everyone, raining but wow a whole 50°. Heat wave!

MARY ANN  great link to the Loo Locks. Wonder how long it really  took for those ships to get through. Not more than a few inches on either side getting through them. I sent the link to my son. On a cruise he and my DIL went through the Panama canal. I remember he said it was interesting and forget how long he said it took.

SHIRLEY  that must have been some wind you had.

BUBBLE  thanks for the new page and wonderful graphics. Love the way you got one of your frogs into the St. Patrick one.

PHYLLIS  you and me both. Don't feel like I should but will see my doctor in a little over a week so hope she can figure it out.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria, I'm glad you liked the Soo Locks and I hope your son enjoys the video.  It takes about a half hour for the ship to get into the lock, be raised or lowered and leave.  In one view at the Soo you can see the ship in the lock and watch it as water is put into the lock and the ship comes up.  Going in the other direction, letting the water out of the lock, the ship goes lower.  When they add water, ships are heading for Lake Superior and when the water goes out, the ship is headed for Lake Huron. 

Mary Ann

Joy

Good morning.  Too early for any "new" news.

Phyllis and Gloria,  sorry that you both are not feeling all that great this morning.  I hope as the day goes by, that you both will be feeling lots better.  I know when I first get up, sometimes I don't feel that great, but as the day goes by, I suddenly start feeling better.  I know this computer and sharing the time with all the Soda Shoppe friend surely does help.  I tend to just forget that I started out feel not go great.

Shirley, That sure must have been a big surprise to come home to see all that wind damage.  But, glad that you had such a nice time with your daughter and the other family group.  Nice that you could get a lot of information from the lady at the place where you stopped.

Jane, do hope that you will have a "not so busy" day at work today.  I would imagine that Saturdays are a busier day than Fridays.

Good morning, also, to Amy, Sandy, and Lloyd.  Thanks, Bubble, for the nice graphics and the cute jokes.  Great start for a new page.

In the random image on the left-hand side of the page is a picture of Lynn Franz.  He sure has been missing for along time, along with his day.  Would like to know how they both are doing.  I don't think they have been in here since all the changes were made.

Have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

larryhanna

Hi Everyone on a cloudy South Carolina morning.  Once again we are to get to around 75 degrees and then quite possibly have rain this afternoon. Scott contacted Apple Chat Support yesterday and after some work was able to restore my disabled phone and then it restored my phone exactly as it was in terms of apps and the other features.  I was greatly relieved.  This time we didn't set up a password to get into the phone which makes it much easier for me to use and eliminates the possibility that I will forget the password again. I have been watching a lot of basketball this week and today will be no exception.  I have seen some great games, often decided by one point at the very end.

Bubble, I see you have done your usual fine work in getting us started on a new Soda Shoppe page for the rest of March.  The graphics are delightful, especially the little frogs and the spring flowers. Obviously the professor wasn't pleased with those answers.  I also liked the adage you shared about intentions. 

Jane, always good to see the geese return each year.  Your speaking of sweeping and scrubbing reminds me of what my mother was doing toward the end of her doing days.  They had a housekeeper who came but Mother wanted to be sure she only needed to be their an hour as didn't want to pay more than the $6 for the hour.  When we went to live I found her sweeping the kitchen floor and doing other things that fit in with a housekeeper's normal duties.  When we went there to live with them that  that situation changed and we had here their for several hours as Pat wasn't up to do that type of work.  It wasn't that my folks couldn't afford to pay the housekeeper for several hours of work but my mother was very frugal. Can't you leave the sweeping and scrubbing that is so tiring for you for your housekeeper to do?

Shirley, those must have been terrible winds to drive in and then to find they had done the damage you described on your property.  Better your fence than your house.  Glad you got home safely.  I saw the pictures of the wind just blow over a semi-trailer truck on the highway as it was driving.  Glad you motor home didn't blow off the road.  I bet your cats were nervous as well as you. 

Callie, when we lived in Oklahoma it seemed the wind was always blowing, at least that is one of the strong memories I have of it. 

Phyllis, sure hope you feel better tomorrow.  It sure interrupts what we would like to be doing when we have a down day. 

Amy, when does Spring usually arrive in your area.  Ice is terrible and I hope they have the roads treated before you have to get out on the roads today.

Lloyd, I hope they get the tire fixed for good so you won't have further problems with it when you hit the road. 

Sandy, that rain is sure preferable to snow but hope your weather improves soon. 

Gloria, I think the video said it took the ship about 30 minutes to navigate the canal as it has to go slowly.  One sure couldn't be in a hurry.  Sorry to see you are also not feeling good. 

Well, I have managed to spend all morning and wear myself out doing long postings in the three discussions I follow each day.  Time to go and lay down and turn on the basketball games and perhaps get in a little nap.  Pat will go and get a haircut today.  She has needed it for several weeks but kept putting it off.  That is always a big lift for her.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, warm, but very windy.  Right now i am tired, just got home from Homemakers. Had my class, teach the Kitchen bunny towel.

I set on the sunporch for a little while yesterday, got up to 70 in there.  Of course the sun was shinning in all the windows.

Mary Ann, I tried to get in my Soo, as I always and said i have to resign in, as I do not use it enough? When I put the computer on I go to all my cams. !first NY Harbor, the Duluth followed my Soo, last Time Sq. I check them in that order.

Larry, I am so happy to see your post.

Amy Spring is right around the corner.

Jenny I am thinking about you and family. I am seeing all the bad storms in Colorado

Hi June if your DIL is checking hugs

Gloria and Phyllis, hope you feel better soon.

Jane hope your day was easy

JaneS

AMY, you did mean today is your son David, the truck driver's birthday, didn't you?

I'm home from work and while I was there, Cathy texted me to say that she's going to the Amish Store after work today and do I want to go along.  I never pass up an opportunity to go to the Amish Store so everything else will wait!

Amy

A lot of odd jobs done today.. had to sand the back pathways for the dogs as it is pure ice!!

Jane, yes, it is his birthday..he was in NY heading north when I phoned him.

Gloria de I just read where the red winged blackbirds and robins are about a two hour drive away from us. Hope they take their time getting here as there is no bare ground.

Larry, great to see your post! If Jane's dogs are like mine you can sweep many times a day when the wet and muddy weather is here. I always hope there is a quick dry up.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Amy

Jimmy Dean

Lindancer

Aky, I just saw my first robben this afternoon, by Sunday suppose to get down in the 30's again

Someone is going to get a cold pizza, I have seen the truck go by here 3 timeslooking for and adress. Yeats ago I could have run out to ask him who he is looking for.  Glenwood Village is a big park over 580 homes in here.  I live on one of the circles,but one of the straight  streets is also called Circlewood

Amy

Good morning everyone...

Thankfully the cold has returned and tightened up the snow!! Yesterday with the rain, then snow the both dogs would sink through up to their belly in snow!

Today is laundry day, cleaning and may make a trip to the dump.I got my second shot for shingles and my one arm  is a tad sore.

Gloria de , Robing and red winged black birds are a joy to see, then you now Spring is here!!

Better move it..

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I slept in a bit this morning and now the doggies and I are awaiting the boinger for breakfast.  They are already getting a bit antsy.  It's later than usual.

I think my plan for today is going to include a little Spring cleanup in the yard.  I'm afraid the grass won't have a chance if I don't get the leftover leaves out of the corners and along the fence.  I'll have to pace myself with the raking though.  My shoulders and back holler after a while and I just can't take all that hollering! 

I wish you all a good day.  Make it your own in every way!  I sure do miss JUNE!

phyllis

Good morning!  The sun is shining and it is supposed to be a little coolish but pleasant so I am looking forward to the day.

Thank you for being concerned about me.  Unfortunately, these down days seem to be getting a little more frequent but hopefully, don't last too long.  Mostly it is a combination of Spring allergies (pollen count is really high this year because we have had so much rain) that bring on the migraine headaches plus many, many years of dealing with IBS and related health issues, and just plain getting along in years.  I just have to take it easy and get through them.  But, mostly I don't feel like posting here and yet, I don't want to just disappear so I will let you know I'm still in the world but don't feel like "talking" to anyone.   :(  I really appreciate your concern and good wishes!

No plans for the day but I think I might try to sit out on the deck for awhile and soak up the warm sun.  My doctor keeps reminding me that I should get about 15 minutes a day of sunshine.  A lack of Vitamin D causes all kinds of problems, she says.  I should do a little yard cleanup, too, Jane, but probably won't exert myself.  Take care and don't overdo.

And, of course, I might read or watch some of the golf.  All kinds of things to take up my time. I hope your day will be full of good things, too.

I wish we could hear how June is doing.  Really miss her.
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is suppose to be a cloudy day and is starting out that way with us getting into the low 60's this afternoon.  We are not suppose to get any rain.  About 4 pm yesterday we drove down to Pizza Hut and I am paying the price to getting out today as very tired.  As a result will just check in for today. I have read all the postings since I posted yesterday.