Random Image

Thru The Window

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:55:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beverly

Sato - That peach colored rose is my favorite.

Jane - Emma is a darling! Love the pumpkin photos.  My youngest great-grand is going on three. They grow up so fast.  Do you remember a song called "Turn Around"? I forget who sang it.

Jack - Fantastic pictures. I'm just the "point and shoot" kind but my camera would do more if I bothered to learn how.  ::)

Beverly

I mentioned this picture over in "Norm's place".  I took this many years ago in Oklahoma at dusk of a scissortail flycatcher. Never was able to get a good photo of one.

so_P_bubble

FlaJean

jackwv

Nice day but windy.  For a change I took Mimi up to the park early.  Still not much color and she was having so much fun running loose that I did not take photos of her.   Took one of a Deer statue  near the parking area, then on the way back, while sitting on a bench, I spotted the strange cloud formations.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Beverly

I found the lyrics to the song "Turn Around" for Emma and all the little ones in our families. Tugs at my heartstrings!

Turn Around

Where are you going my little one, little one
Where are you going my baby, my own
Turn around and you're two
Turn around and you're four
Turn around and you're a young girl
Going out of the door
Turn around
Turn around
Turn around and you're a young girl
Going out of the door
Little pigtails and petticoats
Where have you gone
Turn around and you're tiny
Turn around and you're grown
Turn around and you're a young wife
With babes of your own
Turn around
Turn around
Turn around and you're a young wife
With babes of your own
Where are you going my baby, my own

JaneS

How true!!

They have left to go home and I missed them before they were out of the driveway.

We took a 4 generation photo and I did all the steps that Cindy taught me and when I went to get the photo where it should have been, it wasn't there.  It's right where I told it to go but I can't find it to post here.  I'm going to try one more time and then I'm going to go flop on the couch an loaf for the rest of the evening.  I'm really beat!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

MarsGal

I remember that song, from back when I was into folk music.

Kingston Trio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag_0uSyhZeo

JaneS

I think I found it this time.  If I did, you'll see four generations.

JaneS

Well, you'll have to bend your head to see us.  I guess "practice makes perfect".  At least I found the photo this time.  Maybe some sweet soul will stand us on our feet!

JaneS

For Identification...

My daughter (the Grammy) is on the left, then me (the GG) then Emma and her Mama, Alison.

so_P_bubble

[attachimg=1]

JaneS

Oh!  Thank you very much!  I was getting a little dizzy!

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Lindancer

Thanks Bubble for turning the picture, now my neck is straight again

Jane what a lovely family photo. Thanks for posting, I still do not know how to do that. I depend on Bubble or Patricia

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lindancer

Jack, thanks for posting,  The leaves are still on the trees, but very little color.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

jackwv

Gloria thanks, you know I will be back up there but with rain many of the leaves are gone.

Bubble thanks for your work and Jane a wonderful photo.

FlaJean

Jack, lovely photos even without a lot of color.

Nice family picture Jane.

Beverly, the words to that song are so true.

Marsgal, enjoyed the song by the Kingston Trio.

Mary Ann

Jane, I had an unexpected result with your picture.  I double clicked on it (the sideways picture) and it went into download.  I clicked on "Open" and the picture appeared right side up.  And I now have a downloaded picture in my picture file.  It's a good picture of all of you. 

Mary Ann

jackwv

A great neighbor is retiring and moving out of the area to be close to grandchildren.  Knew the home would sell fast, in a great neighborhood.  Here is a photo I took of several sitting in line waiting for the open house.

[attachimg=1]

Home already sold and know family of the young lady moving in.

angelface555

Jane, what a wonderful, four generation family photo! Did you receive my email?

Jack, I wonder if one of those inline was the lucky buyer?  ;)

FlaJean

Jack, that is cute.  They are waiting to meet the new neighbor.

Mary Ann

Clever picture, Jack.  I wonder if they mistook your neighbor's house for the Oglebay mansion.

Mary Ann

JaneS

Thanks for the kind words. 

Yes, PATRICIA, I did get your email and I showed it to my daughter.  She said, "I've read that and I know all that stuff.  Nothing worked to change it.  When she posted the first picture it was right side up in our file but it posted sideways.  The same thing happened to me this morning.  When I started the posting, the picture was right side up in my file but it posted sideways.  I wonder what happens between my file and the discussion?

My daughter is very computer savvy.  She works for a large communication sales company in Dallas and in her department, if something isn't working right someone will always say "Ask Cindy".  There are about 125 people in her department.

Big NEWS!  Emma cut her first tooth on the plane on the way home!

angelface555

Jane, I'm glad your daughter knew all of that as I didn't. I Googled because in an earlier post you had asked me to email you on the particulars and I only had my PSP. And I didn't know how to explain it outside of that program.

Shirley

Great photo, Jane!  Glad I got her a little late cause Bubble "righted it".  Cannot believe how much all of you look alike.  You need to get a print of that to hang....

Jack, I would love to have your deer visit my yard.  Bet I'd have them eating out of my hand in no time~~  Had a house in this neighborhood that just sold in 8 days & someone called me this week wanting to know if I was interested in selling.  NOT ME!
Neat shot.

Joy

Jane, wonderful picture of the 4 generations !   You have a nice looking family,  especially little Emma.  LOL  I know you have lots of good memories  of you all being together.  And, a special picture to remind you everytime you look at it.  Hope it won't be too long before you all can get together again.

Jack, that is a really nice picture.  They almost look unreal. 

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

Thanks Everyone!

Jack, I love the waiting line.  If there's a line around here, it's usually rabbits or geese.  Sometimes, it might even be skunks!

PATRICIA, I asked you about emailing before I realized it was a program you had that worked on S&F.  I thought it might be something we could do when we were posting.  Thanks for trying and for putting us on our feet.  And is that program something that you have installed on your computer?

I'm off to bed.  Love all the photos.  Keep them coming!

Beverly

Jack - Great picture! Do you often have deer in your neighborhood? Those two look very relaxed.

Jane - That's a wonderful four generation picture.

MarsGal

Lovely generational photo, Jane.

Jack, I guess your neighbors don't need to ornament their lawn with deer statues; they have the real thing. Do the deer frequent your neighborhood often?