Random Image

AZ MAY 2002 (103).jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:52:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallieOK

I "caught" Paul as it was coming around the corner into the Harbor.  Looked as if it was right on time.  Decided to watch it go under the bridge and down the canal from the Pier B cam this time.  Interesting perspective.
I had also seen it going across the harbor to the docks late last night.  It was a short stay!

Then I found the James Barker arriving at Silver Bay Marina.  Unfortunately, the cam didn't pan to show it entering the dock.....or I stopped watching too soon.

It's become a habit to start my day by checking the Duluth and New York Harbor web cams - and then trying to win the Daily Goals on three forms of Solitaire.

Can we say "lazy" mornings???    ;D

Mary Ann

Callie, I watched the Silver Bay cam as far as it went, but they did not pan, much to my sorrow. I like their setting with the slips and soon I expect those slips will be filled with sail boats and power boats. 

Bubble, mission accomplished, so the post isn't necessary now any way.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Looks like I may miss the Paul on this trip. Unless St. Clair Port is only the first stop, the Marine map shows it as destination.

Yesterday it was foggy and very rainy, not to mention a brief hale storm, at Marine City. It was interesting to see the ship (forget which) slide on by in the fog and mist. Later in the day, we got heavy rain, lots of lightning, and a brief hale storm too. Looks like most of the wind (and possible tornado) went south of me.

I have one last air conditioner to put in the window, but decided to give myself a day or two break. It is going to be in the low to mid-70s tomorrow and Wednesday. For once the other two did not give me a hassle settling into place.

Mary Ann

I had something strange and surprising happen tonight.  I was looking for an obit for Pat Halbach in both the Guelph and Winchester papers and did not find anything.  Then I typed "Patricia Scott Halbach" in the search line and Bunnie's obit came up.  I think the reason that came up is because memorials were to be sent to Pat for S&F.  But of all things to show up, I was very surprised.

Things have been quiet here.  Tom's friend came back for more help on her computer problem and Tom fixed supper for the three of us - chicken, green beans and rice. 

Tomorrow I get my hair cut, go to a retiree lunch and Robin will be here to help with the computer room mess. 

Mary Ann

Beverly

Mary Ann - I did a search and found an obituary for Pat. It's under the name of Patricia J. Scott, which surprised me. Here is a link to it: https://www.everhere.com/ca/obituary-guelph-patricia-j-scott-9197882

I was so sad to hear of Pat's passing. She has been through so much these past few years. I met her at one of the SN Bashes years ago and we became friends. She and Paul visited us here in Florida a few times. Good memories!

Jackie - Please accept my condolences in the passing of Richard. You are doing well in coping with all the problems that one faces, especially without close family to help.

Larry - I'm sorry to hear you have been having health problems. Your temps are a lot like ours. Looks like summer weather is upon us!

Callie - Have you had any of the bad storms that have been hitting Oklahoma and Texas? I read today that this is the 6th anniversary of the tornado that nearly wiped out Moore.

I have some health issues of my own (don't we all?) and one day soon I'll explain.

Mary Ann

Beverly, thank you for that link.  I looked for Patricia Scott as well as Patricia Halbach but I must have missed a day.  I'll forward it to Bubble so she can put it in the correct folder.

I'm sorry you are having health problems, too, but as you said, don't we all!

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Blistering hot days here in South Carolina in the very high 90 and Memorial Day is to be 101 or higher.  I am sorry I didn't get back here yesterday afternoon but ran into problems with my laptop computer and by afternoon was very tired.  Unfortunately I didn't get a wink of sleep last night or yesterday and am on fumes today so will just check in and perhaps make a comment or two as I go back and read the postings for the last two days.

Mary Ann, do a Google Search on your specific phone and model and I expect you will find several videos explaining the feature of the phone.  I did that with the new phone Pat got from Consumer Cellular recently and that sure helped. 

Joy, I wish I could say I was feeling better but such is not the case.  I seem to be failing on a daily basis as what wasn't too hard yesterday is hard to go today.  If you remember the Little Old Man character that Tim Conway played on the Carol Burnett show I have become him plus as everything I do now takes a lot of time and getting from one location in the house to another is becoming more and more difficult on a daily basis.  Yesterday I did discover I could sit in my transport chair and push or propel myself with my feel which help except I have to get up which is getting much harder day by day.

Mary Ann

Larry, I have been realizing about your declining health from what you have written recently.  It's a much more severe stage of what several of us are experiencing as we grow older, but much worse.  We hope you can hold your own as we need you with us.

We just finished the first two steps of my day as I had my hair cut and we had breakfast at the restaurant next door.  Within the hour, we'll leave for lunch which for me will be with the region retirees and for Tom will be wherever he has lunch with a friend.  To finish off my day, Robin will be here to clean and Tom will go to a meeting and he expects to be home before Robin leaves.  Fortunately for me, none of it is strenuous so I should not suffer.

Larry, I downloaded the instructions for my phone but will not print them.  I know how to turn on and off the phone and I know how to get in touch with Tom.  I do want to learn about taking pictures, but I expect the use will be to call Tom which will involve calling him after appointments.  My home phone rings very seldom except for Robo calls which I don't answer. 

Kendrick has made himself comfortable on my bed and I expect he'll be there for a while.  I miss hearing about Farrah even if she doesn't do anything.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

We lost our cable tv and internet for several hours yesterday.  Some company is laying cable and apparently cut a line.  I felt better when I found out it was not our equipment.

Thanks Beverly for posting Pat's obituary.  Those health problems seem to multiply as we get older.  Hope you are better soon.

There isn't much going on here and not much to write about.  This area of Northwest Florida is on the edge of central time.  The rest of Florida is on Eastern time.  The state voted earlier to have daylight savings time year round but it is up to Congress to make the change.  The state assembly originally wanted the whole state to be on Eastern time but this area wanted to stay on Central so it will stay that way. 

It seems strange that we have two ABC, CBS, NBC TV channels.  One set in Alabama and the other in Panama City.  When hurricane Michael hit Panama City this past October, we lost the CBS channel in Panama City for some months as it was damaged.  That area of Florida has not received any government funds.  Soon it will be another hurricane season and likely more fires in CA.  Mother Nature can be very cruel.

Well, another day and I trust everyone is OK.  JACKIE, still sending some good thoughts your way.  I know it is still a bad time for you.

Marilyne

Patricia - Cute photos of Farrah!  She's an alert and healthy looking cat, plus being very pretty!

Callie - I hope you're staying safe, in tornado and storm country?  Keep us posted, when you can?

Mary Ann - I'm sure you enjoyed your retirement luncheon today? I wish you could send Robin out here for a while . . . I need help with this old house, and all the rooms, and all the "stuff" that needs to be either thrown out or organized.

Jean - our power has also gone out a number of times in the past couple of days.  Such a nuisance, to have to keep reseting the clocks, the sprinkler system, the answering machine, and boot up the computers!   

Jenny - I haven't seen any messages from you in a few days?  I'm hoping that you're just busy with taking care of the grandchildren, and keeping watch over Michele?  Let us know how she is feeling, after her latest round of chemo?

Hi to Larry, Beverly, MarsGal, Jackie, and JeanneP.  :wave:

angelface555

This house is in an Eastern suburb bordering Toronto  Canada and I love the house, but absolutely LOVE that yard in back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noj8zlcjCDU

CallieOK

Good Afternoon from a (finally) sunny central Oklahoma.

I suspect the national news has covered the "worst of the worst" from yesterday/last night's weather.

The "technical" explanation by all weathermen was that a warm front from the Gulf of Mexico was supposed to clash with a cold front coming from ?? and probably stall right over Oklahoma City.  Areas along and south of the line would be susceptible to "the worst outbreak of tornadoes and flooding in "all (their) years of forecasting". 
The line did stall over the southern edge of OKC but the cold front "pushed back" (my term  :) ) and so the outbreak wasn't as catastrophic as had been expected.  :thumbup:

To save typing (can we say "lazy"?  :D ), here's a version of what I posted in The Soda Shoppe:

Oklahoma Weather Report: 
Statewide:  11...maybe 12 or 13...tornadoes, a few spectacular enough to make the news,  lots of hail storms but not huge size hail stones,  Tremendous amount of flooding that will continue as big rivers flow into smaller creeks, etc.  Noon news reported many many street/highway closings and 22 water rescues along streets and highways this morning.

My immediate area: Heard thunder in the distance during the night and rain on my roof but not torrential - no hail, at least none large enough to hear.  Lights didn't even flicker.
Yard is very soggy but no standing water. However, sons who live 7 miles east and 28 miles southwest of me reported 4.5 inches of rain in their gauges between 8:30 last night and 6:30 this morning.
I had errands within two miles of my house in different directions this morning and saw no standing water anywhere.
Now seeing sunny blue skies.  Noon weather reports it will be warm and muggy but there should be no more rain "for a few days". 

All is well in my world.

Mary Ann

Patricia, I liked both the house and back yard too.  I'd have to have a ton of money and be 50 years younger to afford the house.  That chandelier is beautiful.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

Callie, do you realize that nowadays every storm (rain or snow) and every tornado is the worst that's been seen in the last century? 

Mary Ann

angelface555

Thanks Maryann! The back yard Is where I would spend my days!  :thumbup: I love real estate browsing even tho I too am set where I am.

As to the weather, two words that have caught up to us, climate change. It isn't just an Arctic phenomenon any more and next week, the midwest, Texas on, gets a new storm system while this one heads East and Southeast.

CallieOK

Mary Ann, I've been back in Oklahoma for 42 years and have never heard the weathermen all agree like they did this time. Even the National Weather Service in Norman, which doesn't compete with anyone, said so.
Of course, they're all backing off today but I agree it's not an exact science.

Same with this climate change thing, IMO. There have been quite a few in the history of this old planet and we may be  the ones who just happen to be living in the time of the latest one.  I'll bet it will be the most analyzed, editorialized, and opined on of all of them!

angelface555

The University here has been working with 34 nations and the majority of research is on climate effects in the Arctic. Climate change isn't a political gambit, and research shows that the amount, tracks, and severity of these storms and other effects have never shown to this far-reaching effect in all recorded history.

Mary Ann

I can't speak to the severity of storms, but it does seem to me that the seasons have been pushed forward by a month.  I don't think they're necessarily harder but they start later and end later.  Just my observation.

Mary Ann

Beverly

Heading for bed soon.......

I've done very little cooking lately because I don't have the energy, but today I wanted some blueberry muffins. I had them in the oven before I realized I didn't add the oil! I think I'm out of practice.  ;) They actually aren't bad. I used a lot of blueberries which may have helped. I just had one with a cup of tea.

Chape is watching an NBA game.

Larry - We're in for a hot week-end too. It's still 83 outside but that isn't unusual for us.

Our youngest daughter and her husband were here for Mother's Day week-end. They are a joy to have around. Her husband loves to cook and does the shopping and clean-up too. He's a gem.  :)

Johann Mc

Was trying to clean up my computer a little tonight and get rid of some trash so decided I would check in here.  I was stunned to see Pat Scott's obituary although I knew she had been having some health problems. I met her for the first time back in 1997 at a Senior Net conference in Wilmington, NC, and took her workshop where she encouraged me to go from the site on AOL to the newer internet forums.  I saw her again in Atlanta when we had a weekend bash there and in Calgary, Canada in 2003.  She was a lovely, energetic, and special person.

Larry, so sorry that you are not feeling as well these days. I have a lot less energy than I used to have also and with trying to keep up with all of Windell's needs, I go for several days at a time without turning on the computer since I can check the e-mail on my cell phone.  Windell will be 90 on June 17th and the family is going to celebrate the day at the annual McCrackin reunion on June 1st.  I will be 85 in July and arthritis in my left knee and left shoulder has affected my mobility and my energy level has declined a lot.   

Mary Ann, so happy that you have Tom with you to keep an eye on things and help you some.

I don't keep up with the boats going through the locks like some of you do but it sounds like a really interesting pursuit.

So sorry to see that De Angel is having more problems also.  I love hearing all of the cat stories about everyone's cats on here since I can't have cats anymore due to allergies.  I guess Gloria still has her cat.

Sorry not to post more but it's after midnight here and we have a busy day tomorrow.  God bless us every one as we live each day and share our busy lives!

Denver

Burrrr, winter is back! 🤬🤬. Crazy storm causing all kinds of plant and tree damage with heavy snow and freezing temperatures.

We enjoyed a few wonderful days spending time with our new little Grandson, Jonah and his parents. The time just passed much too quickly, so I am feeling really let down that the visit is over. 

Today is Dr. Dave's Birthday , so we had dinner together at their home tonight.  I wanted to cook a meal for them but Michele ordered out and Bob went and picked it up.  We had a cake for him and a gift.  Michele did sit at the table with us and stayed for the Happy Birthday song, but then she had to head off to bed. She has been trying so hard to be more involved but she can only be up for so long and then she must rest.  She will have a week off from her chemo treatment due to the holiday, and we are hopeful she might regain some of her strength.  🙏🙏

Our California Family did arrive back in California this afternoon after a couple of delays leaving Denver due to the ice and snow. 

Thank you for missing me, MARILYNE.  I tried to get in and post, but with the family here I seemed to fade early in the evening and then start it all over again. The family did get to spend a couple of hours early Sunday Morning with Dave, Michele and the kiddos.  They were quite shocked to see Michele and what this illness has done.  She had a several bad hours after her gamma knife treatment on Friday. 😢 

Good to see your post, BEVERLY and JOHANN. 

CALLIE, I sure have thought about you with the reports of tornados in your area. 

PATRICIA, I sure enjoyed the pictures of your Farrah, and reading about how well she has adjusted to her life with you.

I hope you all have a good night of rest.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is going to be another hot day today getting up to 93 this afternoon with the possibility of some popup showers. 

I am happy that last night I got 6 good hours of sleep after being awake from Monday morning until after 8 pm last evening and getting extremely tired.  I feel refreshed this morning and with a new feeling of optimism in my life. 

Things moved quickly yesterday afternoon starting about 2:30 when I called the Hospice people to inquire if they had received the papers from my cardiologist office.  She hadn't but said she would immediately contact that office and call me back in a few minutes, which she did saying she now had the papers in hand.  Things worked out that the Hospice nurse came to the house within and hour or so and spent the next two hours plus with us explaining what their program involved.  After learning what Hospice would do for me over the remaining days of my life I signed up.  She explained they try to improve the patients quality of life and don't try to fix the heart or other things that bring us to the point of going on hospice since I have already spent 30 years having done to my heart all they can do medically. 

When I asked her about the cost I was totally floored when she told me there will never be an expense to me as everything is covered 100% by the Medicare Part A.  This is such a gift to me in terms of peace of mind that what we have saved  will not be eaten up by my care and thus will be available to assure that Pat has as good a quality of life at the standard we now enjoy.  The second thing I like is that I will be able to spend my remaining days here at home with the medical caregivers coming to me rather than having to ever get out again for these never ending medical appointment.  Probably the only exception is getting to the dentists. 

Today they will be bringing some medical equipment that will help me such as a wheelchair and new medicine as they will be changing my medicines.  She said they would work on getting the fluid buildup reduced which will greatly reduce the terrible shortness of breath, get my appetite restored and having a sleeping pill to be sure I can get adequate sleep .  These things alone will improve my quality of life. Initially we will start out with just one visit a week by one of their professional nursing staff and then as needed in the future other other people will come as needed.  Pat will remain my primary care giver but if I can get to feeling stronger I will be able to help and reduce the load on her which will make me happy.  

She said I may well be able to drive again and get to Church and Sunday School and eat out sometimes in the future as they get some of these other issues taken care of.  I had given up hope of that ever being a possibility.  I know that the progression of my medical situation will continue downward but at least I can expect to feel better on the "trip".  I am one of those fortunate people who do not live with constant pain and after my tailbone heals I don't expect to have much pain other than some angina, which is well controlled by medicine. My current doctors will no longer be in the picture and my care will be handled by one of the three Hospice physicians.  

I have gone on long enough and knowing me I will be sharing my journey with you all through our discussions.  I am one fortunate man to have a loving family, many friends, and having a good home and income.  I also have no fear of death whether it be soon or many months away and being given the freedom to live the rest of my days as I want and feel able is certainly a gift.

Mary Ann, I know that Hospice won't prolong my life or change the underlying causes of my health issues  but will certainly make my remaining days more enjoyable as I have been given the freedom get the most out of life each day as I will have the tools and support I may need.  Hopefully this will lessen the burden on Pat in some way if I can do more to help than is currently the case. 

Jean, how frustrating when we lose our services due to something like cutting cables.  I know this isn't uncommon as even when the lines have been clearly marked before the work is started it still does happen.  It can of leaves one feeling a loss when what we are so use to having like the internet and TV aren't available to us.

Patricia, I enjoyed the pictures of Farrah and she sure looks like one contented and pampered cat.  Glad you have her. 

Marilyne, you reminded me that I am going to have to start thinking about turn on the sprinkler system with the very hot days.  Thankfully we have had sufficient rain to avoid any watering yet do s popup shower or two will be welcome.  

Callie, I saw new stories yesterday about the flooding in Stillwater, Oklahoma not far from the University Campus and the many tornadoes and bod weather down your way.  I hope you get a break from it soon.  The weather people do a pretty good job overall.  The situation is constantly changing so what could be predicted today isn't what may actually happen as there is a lot of speculation involved. 

Beverly, you are sounding like Pat with the cooking as often now she gets a bit upset with herself as she forgets to put some ingredient in a dish.  Glad your muffins were ediable with a cup of tea.

Johanne, it is always a welcome sight to see a posting from you.  You are so right about Pat Halbach being such a special person who contributed so much to our lives.  I never participated in the AOL or earlier forums before SeniorNet.  Being under Hospice care now certainly will cut down the need to leave the house or be hurried with anything such as on days one has an appointment to meet.  Sorry your energy level is less than it used to be but I expect everyone of us in our discussion groups know exactly what you are experiencing in some fashion.  I now have become the little old man Tim Conway played in some of the skits on the old Carol Burnett Show.  I do everything more slowly now that require physical effort although I don't think my mind has slowed down.  I have to have hold of something anytime I am on my feet or I would just fall over.  I hope Windell will enjoy his special birthday celebration in June.

Jenny, it is a good thing that trees and plants can sometimes withstand the snow and freezing weather.  Glad you could spend time with your little grandson and his parents. Glad that Michele was able to enjoy the dinner celebration.  I bet the days and nights are long for her and she would much rather be active with her lovely family but as the saying goes "it is what it is" and we have to make the best of it.

Joy

Good morning.  It is a pretty sunny morning here in the east.  Supposed to be a nice weekend with only very scattered thunderstorms . The weatherman has said not to cancel any plans, as the rain should not be a big problem.

Larry, I was so happy to read your message this morning.  I have not ever dealt with anyone on Hospice care, but have heard only wonderful things that they do.  It sounds like you will have great care and hopefully, be able to get back to doing some of your favorite things again.  I am so happy that you are pleased with the care they will give you.  I am sure it has given you and Pat and Scott a big lift.  It is so easy to get down, but I think they have given you many reasons for feeling uplifted. 

So nice to see more messages this morning.  Since it is early, nothing exciting has happened as yet.  Nothing special on tap for today. I am waiting for the maintenance man to get a part for my A/C.  It isn't that warm yet, so it isn't a big hurry to get it fixed. He said it might be Friday before he can get back to me.  And, that is fine. I do not use the A/C that much, as I am on the north side of the building and don't get very much sun. So, my summer electric bills are not that big.  Sometimes I don't turn on the A/C until late in the evening when it does get a little stuffy at times.

I hope everyone will have a great day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Joy

Patricia, I wanted to comment on the house you showed.  It sure is a beautiful home, and the back yard was certainly lovely.  But, all those steps.  I can't imagine having to go up and down them so many times a day.  And, the chandelier was beautiful.  I don't think I would have wanted a house that big.  But,thanks for sharing the video., I, too, love to "house shop",  even tho I am not interested in ever moving again.  I do like the idea of a separate shower apart from being part of the bathtub.  Those kind really give you a lot of room to move around in.

My son just put that kind in his master bath.

Thanks, again, for sharing.

Joy
BIG BOX

Vanilla-Jackie

Larry Hanna...
...I am so happy to read your post...your post has not only given you a lift but has given me a lift too...Your new hospice life-future sounds so positive, such a boost, giving both you and your Pat some freedom, some hope and a better quality of life...There really is somebody watching over you Larry...If they can even arrange for you to continue with your Church, Sunday school, your driving, it will be as if they have given you your life back...
And not forgetting the best thing of all, you and your Pat remain together in your own home...
" There is no present like the time "

Mary Ann

Larry, it was so good to see your long message today.  Even if you aren't better physically, you certainly are better mentally.  I want to copy your post and send it to my niece-in-law who was, and maybe still is, with Hospice.  Through her I have always had a positive thought about Hospice.

My cousin, Joan, Jim's wife, died in 2003 of multiple myeloma.  We know she had it for some time before she was diagnosed so it was only six months later that she died.  Hospice did not get involved until about two days before she died; I think the family did not know about Hospice and no one suggested it.  There was little any one could do at that stage and after Joan's death, Hospice cleaned up and in the process took Jim's mother's 4-leg cane.  Jim was furious and had no good words for Hospice.  He was short tempered anyway and that didn't help.  By that time, my niece-in-law, Jan, was head of a Hospice unit here and I asked her to write a description I could give to Jim to tell him of the "real" Hospice.  She did and I forwarded what she wrote to Jim and it gave him an entire new perspective and he did change his mind.  He was in the hospital when he died so Hospice was not involved. 

Larry, I think your attitude about your future is fantastic.  I even think your attitude will prolong your life, even if for a short time.

Johann, it was so good to hear from you, too.  I can believe you are busy what with Windell's health needing your help.  I find as I have grown older that I may feel I can do what I once did, but when push comes to shove, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.  Not much gets done.  You're right, having Tom here is a big help.  I try to give him enough advance notice of appointments etc so he can plan around my plans. 

Joy, as much as I liked the house that Patricia showed us, I too found it too large for my needs at any time of my life, but the steps would have floored me.  I often wish I could be back in my childhood home, but bedrooms were upstairs and I would not be able to live there.  As I've said often, I am exactly where I should be. 

Jenny, it is nice (and probably good) that Michele can enjoy family gatherings, even if for a short time.  Maybe with the holiday weekend and no medical visits  she can recoup a bit.  She's a trouper!

Beverly, I smiled when I read about you making muffins and not putting in the oil.  I don't remember other errors, but one of mine sticks in my mind.  I like tart cherry pies so one time I bought a can of tart cherries for a pie then forgot to put any sugar in the mix.  Tart does not mean NO sugar!  We all had puckered lips.  I sprinkled sugar on top of the cherries and below the top crust and that solved the problem.  Never again!

Kendrick is rubbing against my legs and wants attention.  I think what he really wants is a bit of catnip.  He knows the drawers where I keep the catnip and often tried to get them open.  I close them completely so that won't happen, but it is fun to watch.

Mary Ann

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone
from the warmer and a bit sunnier
rocky coast of Maine.

Larry,  thanks for telling us more about
what you can expect from Hospice...

They certainly are going to make
things much easier for you and your
wife..   Interesting to see that
you may get to go out more and
perhaps even drive once some of
your issues have been alleviated.

Something for you to look forward
to !     

I would take "DENTIST" and relegate
that to the bottom of my future
"to do" lists...  (You know,
the bottom ones that we never get
to (unless it is a tooth ache,
of course )   

I am off to the hospital today for
a lung xray and barium swallow
test.     Nothing serious ...
just part of the plan my Docs
have put together to check my health. 
So far so good,  as testing goes. 
I will be glad when these ones are over
with.

All is well .

Sandy  ;)   

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

FlaJean

It is 83 here and supposed to get up to 87 this afternoon.  Our AC went out last night but the repairman was here this morning and replaced a part and now it is working.  We have ceiling fans which we seldom use but they sure come in handy at times.

We had Hospice for my mother and they were a big help.  We were so thankful for all they did for us.

It was nice to read all the postings today and I hope everyone has a good day.

Tomereader1

I am a newcomer to the Duluth Harbor Cams!  What terrific fun to watch!  But, also makes me think of several questions, since I know absolutely nothing about these ships coming into harbor.  No doubt it is a fantastic undertaking! Is there a place on that site where you can get info about how they get scheduled for a certain berth; how do they get out (do they back up or can they pull thru)? I am such a nutty novice about this, but I am enjoying watching. Can someone here post a message, showing all the links to the cams other than the Duluth one?  Wheee!