Random Image

smaller Pic Of Fe

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:40:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beverly

Just stopping in for a minute.

I have heard good things about Hospice and wouldn't hesitate to have them if needed. I want to show that to my brother. For some reason he is very negative regarding Hospice.

Heading into a hot Memorial Day week-end.... I spent some time outside today. It was quite warm but we had a nice breeze.

So nice to see you posting Johann!

I hope Larry feels better tomorrow.

Good night everyone.

Marilyne

Joy - Yes, I really got confused with all the pies and all the cherries! :D  You mentioned making a pie, and Mary Ann had previously told the story of her tart cherry pie. I had also suggested cherries to Jenny, when she said that Bob might be getting gout.  So I guess I had cherries on my mind when I read your message! LOL!

I am in sympathy with all who suffer from arthritis pain.  Mine is mostly in my hands and fingers, making it almost impossible to perform daily tasks that require grasping onto anything or holding on to anything with a secure grip, or opening a bottle can or jar. I alternate every other day with Tylenol, and then Bayer Aspirin. The doctors say that Ibuprofen (Advil) is much better, but it doesn't agree with me, so I can't take it.  AJ takes Aleve, for his knee and shoulder pain, but I haven't tried it yet. I do get a little relief from compression gloves.  They're difficult for me to get on, but once they are on, they are very comfortable, and make my hands feel good.   

Beverly - Nice to see both you and Johann here today.  I hope you both come back and post again soon!

Denver

Posting late tonight.....

We had sunshine today and it was wonderful❣️

Did anyone happen to watch the Farrah Fawcett special on TV last night?  I recorded it and watched it tonight.  My sister-in-law went to school with her in Corpus Cristy TX. Just a side light.  Sadly, her story is a bit too close to our Michele's situation and I have to admit it left me feeling very sad, but it sure gave a good insight into what a cancer patient goes through.

Today was the last day of school for our grands.....not sure what all will have to be done, but you all know we WILL be there to do what ever is needed to keep our kiddos busy and let their mamma rest.

PATRICIA, what a crazy story you have shared about the house cleaning in Boston.  Maybe they just ran out of time and did not finish the kitchen?  The man should have not changed the locks??  I enjoyed the pictures of your FARRAH.....she is such a pretty kitty and is now enjoying her life with you.  Lucky kitty and lucky lady to have her💞

MARILYNE, I appreciate you asking about my dad.  He is just hanging in there....not really any worse, but just can not be up and about long at all before he has to head back to his chair.  I talk to him everyday and he is always so happy to hear from me and tells me so 🥰🥰  It is so difficult to be so far away and not be able to have some hands on time with hm, but he understands the situation we are dealing with here.  We did buy the cherries and Bob is eating and enjoying them.  What ever this prescription is that the doc gave Bob seems to really work.....the pain from the gout is very minimal. 

MARYANN, it appears you have your holiday plans figured out with your planned meal.  I miss not having planned family gatherings on big holidays, but it is just the way it is these days.  We do not have any plans either, but will hopefully be with Dave's Family at some point.  They wanted to go to Vail this weekend, but the weather is not going to be that nice so they will  stay here and enjoy the warmer weather we are hoping to have.  I have to admit that I miss having planned family gatherings on big holiday weekends, but it just is not that way any longer.  😢

Thank you, JOHANN, for your nice comments about our Michele.  It was very nice to read your post. 

JOY, thank you for your kind comments also.... I know it had to help Michele that she was able to do the pick ups these last couple of days of school🥰

BEVERLY, I think a lot of folks are scared of the word Hospice in general.  I hope Larry's explanation will allow you to talk to your brother and maybe understand what Hospice can do for him.  Good luck.

Pleasant dreams to ALL.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

Facing another lonely and empty day in this isolated yet beautiful surrounding home of ours-mine...No one, no neighbours even bother to pop in now nor check up on me, even though I have MS and they know I have no Richard, no car and my illness prevents me from venturing out and about, you see our-my home is on a steep slope, there is a steep slope as you go up, or down, to say I feel trapped in such a beautiful and Idyllic spot is a true statement, if there is any light at the end of my long tunnel, at least my MS and Disabled  Societies have made arrangements to come collect me in 2 or 3 weeks time, and take me to their next monthly meetings, at least I shall be getting out for those couple of hours and talking to people-to humans, that alone will be a blessing...Oh well, this is life as it is now...I even asked God why am I still here, he has taken my 3 dogs away from me, one by one, now he has taken my partner of 19 years away from me, I found myself asking why? and why am I still left here, there has to be a reason, is it because I have been bad through my life, is it my punishment? I cant for the life of me see any other reason why my Richard had been taken on that fateful morning, and so unexpectedly 6 weeks 2 days ago...There has not been one day that has passed that I dont talk to him or have a cry, I know this is part and parcel of our bereavement-grieving process and at other times I manage to get through each day fine, and I know there will be-there is going to be " light at the end of my tunnel " just dont know when.....I cant even get to a Sunday morning church service, even though I had a visit from a local church group who arrange these type of things, so far I have not heard from him, think I am too isolated for anyone to come this far...I cant think ahead as to whether I can stay here ( also financially) or head back towards home and nearer to my family, I have to stay and deal with the solicitor business first, then see how my finances and utility bills pan out before I can make any decisions...As they say..." Rome wasn't built in a day..."..
" There is no present like the time "

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  According to our local weatherman last evening we are in for 5 days in a row with temperatures of 100 degrees or higher.  This has never happened here in May since record keeping started.  Thank goodness for a fine A/C system as the house stays cool and in fact in the room where I have the hospital bed it is too cold and am going to have to either have the vent turned for shut off. 

Yesterday was a very frustrating day for me as my mind was suffering confusion to the extent I had to give up on a project that should have taken 5 minutes as had done it before easily but yesterday spent at least 90 minutes trying to get it done and finally gave up in frustration.  I did get my first two weeks of medicine as ordered by the Hospice nurse and started on it this morning.  I called and asked for someone to come and fix my medicine boxes as didn't trust myself and this is one of the many services that are a part of Hospice.  The nurse was here within a couple of hours and fixed the boxes and again explained what each medicine was for as well as she had typed up a sheet showing what I will be taking morning, noon and at bedtime. She also said that for at least a couple of weeks the lady assigned to be my aid plus a nurse will be here on Tuesdays and I think she said Thursday and then if things are going OK the aid will probably come just once a week.  When I asked about reordering the medicines as it is sent in two week increments she said that is taken care of by them and I didn't have to do anything about that.  Things in my life are changing very quickly and right now I am seeing a decline in my health on a daily basis.

I realize that there may be some days ahead when I won't even feel like "just checking in".  Please don't get alarmed about that.  I plan on sending several of you my wife's telephone number so that there is a way to contact my family.  Since Wednesday morning this week it has really been hectic around here but that should soon settle down and I was so confused yesterday (probably related to the sodium) as well as being so short of breath that I wasn't able to get here earlier that I did.  The congestive heart situation is one of continuing decline as are many illnesses.  If you don't see a posting from me for a few days please call my wife. You may need to leave a message as we generally won't answer numbers we don't have in our telephone contacts or local numbers as the robo calls are an everyday event.  Be sure to leave a message.  There will be no obituary since all of our local friends are in our Church family and would know when my journal is complete.  I have written instructions or suggestions for Pat and Scott to come to these boards and let you all know when I am no longer able to be active.  As long as my mind stays clear I plan on being here daily as although and have multiple ways of writing.

Mary Ann

It's nice to have so many long messages this morning.  Mine won't be long because I've been so busy but it may be long because I talk a lot. 

We had three storms overnight and with the first two Kendrick was on my bed.  He did not like the sound of thunder so close and left after each one.  He is on my bed now after I coaxed him to the other side of the bed so I could get up without disturbing him.  It is now 70 degrees and I hope we have a nice weekend.

Jackie, believe it or not, I am more of an introvert so I really can't help with your visitor problem.  I thought if you sat on your front porch, assuming that you have one, passers by might stop a minute to talk.  But your steep incline might discourage them.  So I really have no words of wisdom.  I feel for you, but being 3000 +/- miles away doesn't help.  You said someone from the church had been to see you, would it help to give them a call?  Sometimes you have to be the one to "nag" them instead of waiting impatiently for a call. 

Jenny, Tom said school is ending here too so his sub-teaching is over for the summer.  I told him if he could get a regular job for the summer, I'd try to not have any appointments during that time although I know I have a dentist appointment in August.  I have a routine doctor's appointment Tuesday and that is it for appointments.  Once a month from June to November my retiree friends and I will get together and Tom must take me to those. 

Jenny, your dad is the same age as I am and I do about the same as he does - get up a bit, but mostly sit in my chair.  I will move from here to the deck on nice days but I am letting Tom get the mail now.  My eyes are not too good and it is difficult to read anything on the computer and TV images are a bit fuzzy.  I do manage as there's nothing I can do about it.  It is not easy getting or being old! 

Jenny, you realize my holiday plans are for me only, however, I could stretch things to include Tom.  He has many friends, some I know, others I do not.  Single men are always welcome but single women are not.  Dot will do something with her family.  She and I will do our "usual" Sunday.  Her birthday is the following week so Tom and I will take her to lunch rather than buy something for her that she does not need. 

Marilyn, it's strange but even with arthritis in my hands I can open some jars - pickle jars, for instance.  Tom has been a big help in that when I get something that is sealed, he opens it before I even see it.  It isn't always neat, but it's open!  I cannot use Advil or Aleve, only Ibuprofen like Tylenol.  Kind of limits one, doesn't it? 

I think I've rambled on long enough.  I am anxious to get outside and I hope the cushions outside will be dry so I can sit on them.  It rained hard during those storms.

Larry, it is so good to hear from you today but your message brings tears to my eyes.  Hospice is so good to you and for you, just imagine if you and/or your family had to perform those duties.  All I can say is "hang in there"!

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Ann...
....thank you for responding when I was feeling low...
...even if I could sit outside my front, ( concrete steps, then it is too low, I wouldn't see much ) no one walks past apart from the odd car going past,on its way out or back in...It is also another UK Bank Holiday, most people have lives, I know once myself and Richard did once too...There was a time we would go visit open gardens or visit a craft fair held at a Stately Home, ahh those were the days...sadly we cant relive them nor bring them nor bring our loved ones back...

Larry Hanna...
...the more I read your posts the more worried I get...I know you have gotten everything in hand but reading between the lines " There will be no obituary since all of our local friends are in our Church family and would know when my journal is complete..
..." I believe you are expecting what I believe you are expecting.."

Mary Ann

Larry, I wanted to add that I admire your attitude, so positive, yet accepting of your condition and situation. 

Jackie, your situation is different, but I think you are handling it well.  It is hard when everything is up to you with no one (except S&F friends) to share or advise.

I just noticed I am close to 5600 posts.  Blabbermouth!

Mary Ann

Vanilla-Jackie

Mary Ann...
...in hindsight maybe an outside the front bench would be achievable, just been looking online at some and came across one I really like only it is out of stock till July, it is already assembled which is what I would need..It doesn't give its measurement, its length, so maybe a tad too long to fit in the open gap I would be wanting to place it in, there will be no other place as my views would be blocked of plants, shrubs and bushes...I can just picture this solid bench with a padded cushion seat...I asked them to " notify me " details of when it is back in stock....Link...

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/garden/pdp/hsm-collection-art-of-nature-teak-bench-hsmc1039.html

Joy

Good morning.  Seems to be a very slow start here this morning.

I was in here earlier and I did post a message in the Soda Shoppe.

Jackie, I, also think you are "hanging in there".. It is going to take a while.  Have you heard anything from your daughter or grandson since they came for the funeral, Would it be possible for you to go stay a couple days with either of them. I know they would have to come get you, but I thought maybe you might be able to get away just for a change of scenery.

Larry, yes, your message this morning was a  little sad to read, but I will agree with Mary Ann, to just try and hang in there. I was so hoping that with the change in your medicine that you might be feeling a little better.

Mary Ann, I, too, can't take anything but Tylenol because of taking the Eliquis. And, Tylenol doesn't work that well. I used to take Aleve and it really helped, but can't take that anymore.  I don't really take it that often.  And, the next time I have to renew the prescription, I will fall into that "Donut-hole".  And, it will cost me a lot more than I have been paying.  The cardiologist had told me to ask the secretary for samples, but she told me that they hardly ever get any samples.  But, it is what it is. I am just fortunate that I will be able to handle it. 

It is getting to be lunch time, and I do want to try to go sit outside a little bit this afternoon.

Have a good day.

Joy

BIG BOX

wjoan

Have a good day all.  Hugs all around.....

Marilyne

Jackie - I can understand that you must be very lonely.  It's too bad that your house sits back, and is difficult for neighbors to get to.  The bench sounds like a good idea, and even if people don't come, at least you will have a comfortable place to sit and enjoy the Summer days ahead.  I wish we all lived closer to you, so that we could visit, but we are thousands of miles apart.  It will be nice for you, when friends from your MS Society come in a few weeks, to take you to a meeting.

Mary Ann - You are not a blabbermouth! :noway:  You're the one who is keeping this folder going.  Some S&F members post in only one folder, but those of us who post in multiple folders, build up a high number, after our names.  Way back when S&F was first opened by Pat, she asked Don/Radioman and me, to be Discussion Leaders of the Leisure Activities forum.  Even though DL is a meaningless title now, I still try to post messages in those folders, in hopes keeping them going along as possible. That's probably why I have a high number after my name. 

Mary Ann

Jackie, I tried in vain to get dimensions of that bench.  I like the fact it is teak which is a very sturdy wood and kind of weatherproof.  I did see where there is a cushion available and that is 120 cm long.  I'm not up to translating cm to inches at the present time. 

I've been watching ships until I ran out of ships to track.  Tom has been here all day so far but I know he is going to Holland to be with Mary this afternoon.  I think I am going to "celebrate" Memorial Day on Monday and I have the ingredients on hand for my little party by myself.  If Tom decides to stay home that day, I can stretch my foods to share with him.  Dot will be with her family.  They have a pool and I wonder if it will be ready that day as both Dot's daughter and husband have ailments that make it difficult.  However!  Dot has a grandson in Lowell (nearby) and I think her granddaughter and family will be here from Texas so there will be help with the pool if needed.

Thanks Marilyn for the kind words.  I do tend to run off at the mouth sometimes and that may be because I rarely have anyone to talk to, so I take advantage of every chance!

Mary Ann

Sandy

Good Afternoon from the warmer and
sunnier rocky coast of Maine.   It is
a lovely  day here today.

Thanks Larry for keeping us
informed of your situation and
letting us know that someone will
inform us when you are no longer
able to do so.   

I will miss you.

Jackie..  I wish you well
and hope that you can finish up
all of the "stuff" that needs to
be finished regarding your partner
who has recently passed. 

I hope that  you can find a way
to go somewhere that is not
so  isolating...
Since things are not going
to improve for you physically,
I hope that you can
relocate sooner rather then
later to a more hospitable  area
where you will feel more welcomed
and less lonely.     

May you find peace,  what ever
you choose to do.

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Sandy, I think you gave good advice to Jackie.  I know you went through much the same when you lived in Washington State and decided to return to Maine.  Your timing was good because you had your stroke on the way home and I think you are pleased with your decision.  I think the general advice is to wait a year after a death before a person makes a big decision, but I think Jackie would be wise to investigate returning to where she came from because she would be in familiar surroundings and with familiar people.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from another warm Interior day! We've gotten a weather alert that the weekend will be in the 80s, hot and dry with a 20-30 corresponding drop in humidity. However, the seven-day forecast only says the late 70s.

Jackie, does your MS association have anyone available to sit with you and map out a direction to take or assist in information gathering? We have that here, and their title is Resource Assistant and it is free to members in the building. I have also spent my life with various resources available to life long disabled that help. Now I know you are not disabled as I am, but surely England has something similar available for folks in your group?

Larry, I agree, it is sad, but you are taking it day by day and seem to have assistance and people to help. You seem to have everything done that you can do and are prepared. Enjoy your time with family and visit us when you're able. We will miss you but understand you cannot be here each day.

I was up late last night, I couldn't get settled, so I slept in to ten, and it is already 10:57 here.

angelface555

Amazing surprise! Three tenors met online and sang together on AGT for the first time together!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VySsFmzYjNw

Beverly

Ray Franz' grandson, Matt,  posted on Facebook that Ray has passed away at the age of 98. I know some of you will remember Ray from both Senior-Net  and Seniors and Friends. I also learned that Ray's son, Lynn, who was a frequent poster on "Photos Then and Now" passed away last July. I met both Ray and Lynn at the SN Bashes.

Amy

Patricia, that gave me goosebumps!! They were awesome. At the end and  in the back ground was IL Divo singing, wouldn't it be great to hear these young men sing with Il Divo? Thank you for sharing.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Il+Divo+Hallelujah+(Aleluya)&&view=detail&mid=44E378487EAB95AE854444E378487EAB95AE8544&&FORM=VRDGAR
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Vanilla-Jackie

Oh no, this is so sad, yes Beverly I remember both of these members ( Ray and Lynn Franz ) but, I didn't know they were father and son, guess I thought they were brothers...

Patricia...
...no, I had an email weeks ago from the MS Society telling me that do I realise that they dont or wont do home visits after I had told them that my partner had just passed away...To say I was utterly disgusted with this after all I pay an annual membership fee, its not much but I felt let down by the Society just when I needed them...I just want to mention this was not from my local MS Society meeting that I go to ( the MS head office )  but only one person turned up for the funeral who also goes to the Disabled Society bingo we attended, it is only thanks to her I am being collected to attend their next meeting, then they will see what other means they can get me in but...I have had more help from the Disabled Society than I have from the MS Society...and they did come to visit me in my home...
Patricia, I shall watch and listen to your video clip in the morning it is now way past my bedtime...

Oh did I mention, Nigel, Pam's hubby from the bottom of our site popped in to see me on his way back after walking his 2 dogs which came inside my home, I got kisses from both of them, they are so tiny and cute and just wanted a fuss made of them...Nigel spent a good hour we just talked, Pam his wife is at her twin sisters, both sister and her hubby have serious medical conditions and Pam goes and stays there several days through each week, and does what she can...

Mary Ann

Beverly, I am sorry to hear about the passing of both Lynn and Ray Franz.  I saw something about Lynchburg VA recently and wondered about Lynn.  He used to post some interesting pictures of Lynchburg.  Thanks for posting the information.

Patricia, I watched the Forte group sing Unchained Melody after the first video.  I liked that song which is why I watched that video too.  Considering their background in getting together, they were very good.  I hope to hear of them in the future. 

Mary Ann

Amy

Oh Patricia, see what you have started!! What beautiful voices on these young men!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MJwXaGhjrA
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

angelface555

Amy, at first I saw they had replaced one Korean member and in 2013 were signed by Columbia Records. Then later, the Korean member showed up with the other three in a Game of Thrones, 2015 video.

They are such suberb singers!

I was so sorry to hear about Ray and Lynn. I had corresponded regularly for a time with Ray but somehow lost track. I know he grieved his older son and then to outlive Lyn as well. I hope he had a peaceful passing.

Marilyne

So sad, that Ray and Lynn Franz have both died, within the span of one year.  I believe that Lynn was the Administrator or Global Moderator, in the Photo forums?   I'm surprised that no one let Pat or Bubble know of his passing.   Lynn entered most of the Photo contests, way back toward the beginning of S&F, when the contests were very popular.  I think Ray used to enter photos also?

MarsGal

Larry, I appreciate your posting when you can. Please know that I am thinking of you and hope that you remain as comfortable as possible.

Your posting are something of a double whammy for me because the echo my Dad's own decline. He had Interstitial Lung Disease and congestive Heart Failure. He also had home Hospice services which were a great help to both him and Mom. Mom and Dad did not attend church services or reconnect with old friends after they moved back up from Florida. So he only had Mom, us kids, his bible reading, and Hospice.

Jackie, I don't blame you for being irritated with the MS Society. A similar thing happened to a neighbor whose husband had ALS. The ALS Association was no help what-so-ever. Even her son, who was living at home, balked at helping with bed-pan and bathing duties. She was eventually able to get some home nursing and a kind of sling type thing that helped her get him out of bed and into a wheelchair. I don't know if the home nursing was Hospice or not. I just know that they had a very poor health care provider. I know the outfit; she wasn't the only one by far that has trouble with this (un-named) provider.

We had a gal over on SeniorLearn who lost her husband from a drunk driver plowing into them. She relied on him for a lot, so she didn't have a lot of confidence in herself at first. but she eventually did fine. One of the things she did was join a grief counseling group. Does your church know of any such groups near you? Maybe there is an online group? It might help, but just being here with friends is a big help too. Continue to reach out to your friends, even if it is just to talk about the weather or something you both have in common. The bench you are interested in is nice. Teak is a good rot resistant wood.

I am sorry to say I only vaguely remember a Ray here but not Lynn. However, I do wish to offer my condolences to family and friends.

Vanilla-Jackie

Mars Gal...
...I had a home visit a couple weeks back from a local church that provides our area with help ( they call themselves Community Angels ) but so far I have heard nothing from the man who came to see me as to making arrangement for me to attend their Sunday morning church even though he is aware of my predicament, how out of the way we-i live, my MS, the fact I have no car, I have just lost my partner Richard, the fact I am wanting-needing to go to church, be nearer to God at this sad time of my life...

It is times like this you find out who your true friends are, the ones who go the extra mile, offer and take up help...I can count a handful that I now hold firmly to my heart, the handful that I shall forever be grateful to...

Yes, when I think the amount of stuff, items, clothing that I have in the past taken in-donated to my local MS Society to be sold and raised for money, yet when I needed help I never got any from them, well just as well as all my or Richards stuff has gone to a local animal-dog charity, they even come to the home to collect it, and I donated several large bin bags of clothing...In future that is the place-charity I shall be dealing with not the MS Society, you dont get much thanks or appreciation from them...They say we learn the hard way, well that is certainly true, not a mistake I shall be repeating...

so_P_bubble

Quote from: Beverly on May 25, 2019, 05:06:00 PMRay Franz' grandson, Matt,  posted on Facebook that Ray has passed away at the age of 98. I know some of you will remember Ray from both Senior-Net  and Seniors and Friends. I also learned that Ray's son, Lynn, who was a frequent poster on "Photos Then and Now" passed away last July. I met both Ray and Lynn at the SN Bashes.

Tranquil cove for Ray Franz

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?topic=723.msg155975#msg155975

Thank you Beverly for the message

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is on the way to another 100 degree day with even hotter heat index as yesterday the heat index was 105. 

For some reason I didn't sleep for three hours or so last night although there was no reason but it gave me time to think more.  I also rediscovered in my bedroom closet a pillow Pat had rolled up and tied with cloth selvages (think that is what they are called and they are very strong).  It works great to put on my left side to keep the pressure off the tailbone as well as remind me not to turn on my left side.  I went all night without any pain from the tailbone and actually didn't have much shortness of breath.  I did have three instances where I had angina in my shoulder so a quick nitro and in a few minutes it went away.   I was able to get an early start in an reading the discussion postings for yesterday.  I am not at all rushed today and in a little while after finishing writing here in the discussions I will lay down and listen to last weeks Church service on the Internet using my iPhone.  I have plenty of small projects I want to do with most something I will do here at my computer.  There is a dresser in my new bedroom and Pat wants to clean   out the drawers today and then we will transfer my clothes from the master bedroom to those drawers and finish getting the hangup clothes from the master closet that I can see I will be using.  I did transfer my bathroom things yesterday for the bathroom I will now use.  So things are coming along nicely a little at a time to the way I want them.

Last night I made the decision that now is the time to get rid of my piano and all of the sheet and book music I have accumulated over the years.  Scott will have first refusal and if he doesn't want the piano or music I am going to write to our wonderful choir director who teaches a lot of students and offer her the music as a gift.  I will also invite to come and see the piano as she may know of new students who would be interested in looking at it.  It is a Mason Hamlan piano which I was shocked sometime ago when I researched to find it ranks right under Steinway in quality and desirability and the finish is still very nice and pretty.  I didn't know this when I bought it many years ago and don't even remember how much I paid for it. 

Mary Ann you and others in the Midwest part of the country and down in Texas and other states are having these terrible storms and now flooding while we are burning up.  It sounds like you are in for nice weather for the weekend and Monday and have your plans all set.  One day seems like another for us and will even be more so since I will no longer be getting out for doctor appointments.  I hope Tom can find a summer job he can handle with his health situation. I have now reached the points of not being able to walk many steps without stopping and sitting down on the rollator or transferring to the wheelchair and even with the wheelchair I stop every few feet to rest a couple of minutes.  I eventually get to where I want to go. I enjoy listening to audio books and plan on watching more television with the nice TV in my bedroom as can watch programs Pat doesn't care for when laying down.  We still have a three or four hour afternoon when we both watch the same thing and I try to spend in my easy chair where we are together. These are news programs, Wheel and Jeopardy and then I retire for the night. If you are a "Blabbermouth" I am right in there with you although I usually don't post more than once a day here so my numbers aren't nearly as high as for all of you nice folks who come here to share multiple times a day. 

I have already decided to try to eat a regular meal in the evening with small portions whether my taste bud cooperate and also to be sure and eat something for lunch because of having to take medicine.  Hopefully my taste buds will be restored by the pills the Hospice people are now giving me as the nurse said my appetite and taste buds would get back to normal.  Sure no need to shed tears over my situation as I find nothing to shed tears over the Hospice situation as I am blessed with it for however long I have left.  I shed plenty of tears over things people write to me or the kindnesses expressed or over happy stories on the news and I know a lot of it is from weakness as well as being much like my mother was and my sister also is. 

Jackie, have you considered a chair rather than the bench to sit outside in and enjoy your garden and  the fresh air.  It would have the advantage of taking up less space and give you two arms to use in getting up, which I assume isn't easy for you now or will be in the future.  I know I need two hands to get up from anyplace now.  It sounds like you have some lovely memories to recall of your visits to gardens, Stately homes and fairs and I just bet you can find some great videos to do some visiting via your computer of similar events.  I know the Rollie from England often share links in Seniors and Friends  to such tours that are on YouTube and very interesting. While not as nice as visiting in person it is still a rich resource.  Please do not worry about me as I am just sharing my journey now, as I have always done, not to make others sad but because that is who I am and like a few others don't know when to stop as like to write.  It takes little energy.  Your mention of about the fact I said there will be no obituary gave me an idea I have added to my list of to-do and that is to write a pre-obituary I can share with you, my good friends via these discussions.  As I have mentioned I plan on asking just a few friends to share their telephone numbers with me and I will give them Pat's and my son's so when my time comes I can easily be checked on.  I also am leaving instructions asking they come on to the three boards and let you all know so I even have a back up plan and calls from any of you may never be necessary.  I have always loved to plan things out and see them to completion whenever possible.  I hope you can all rejoice about me when I am gone. We have a lot of Wayfair ads over here on TV also. Jackie, if you would like I will share the link to our Church services that are online and are how I am attending now via the Internet.  Just let me know here or by email and I will send you the link I use.  As far as I know you should be able to get them in England.   

Joy, what I said above about sadness for me goes for you too and I ask you all rejoice at what I am able to do along this path.  I don't write any of this to make anyone sad. I do expect to feel better as I have a chance to take this medicine as the goal of Hospice is to bring as much comfort to the patient as possible and what a great way to live out the rest of my days.  I will continue to write about my journey with Hospice in the hope that it will be of help to someone else to understand what they do and its impact on each of my days.  I don't believe I have any self-pity nor think it shouldn't be me experiencing this journal. I hope it will be a long time before any of you are ready for Hospice care but if you need it I hope you will have it available to you and you seek your doctor's help if your doctor doesn't bring it up first.  I hadn't thought about it until my kind heart doctor told me it was time and she was right. 

Joan, hugs back to you today.  I will take all hugs I can get in person or from my cyber friends. 

Marilyne, aren't you glad Pat got you involved many years ago as look where we are not with many fine cyber friends who take us just as we are.  We all owe Oldiesman a big thanks for his recognition of what they discussion mean to us and is taking them over even covering the expense, which because he has his own server should be very modest.  I don't think he has ever said anything about this but answer my private message to him about what we might need to do to help with the finance of the site and now that isn't even a problem.  Thank you Michael again. 

Sandy, I think you and I see things in our life as realists and take them as they come along and adjust our lives as needed. 

Patricia, know you are appreciating the warmer weather.  I so remember the summer trip I made to Fairbanks in July when it was a really hot their, much more so than Anchorage where we lived.  I will be here, if only to check in, everyday I can possibly do so.  I know I like to hear from all of you everyday when possible and that is what keeps are friendships fresh and our discussions interesting as we share mainly about our everyday lives, which are often a repeat of yesterday, but is what we are doing to day or what happened.  I believe it is really not the words we say but the fact we are hear to share them and keep are ties strong within our cyber family, which always has room for more folks if they become interested and don't come here to try to sell us something.  I will check out your link for the tenors as have found lots of tenors and tenor groups on Spotify that are top quality with beautiful voices and most often fine accompaniments.

Beverly thanks for sharing the news of the Franz father and son passing. I certainly remember them. 

Amy, if your all are interested I can said the names of quite a few fine tenor groups and other soloists that I had never heard.  One can probably find them on YouTube or you can listen on Spotify for free with a commercial every fourth song or so.  I have listened free for several years and it is one of the little things I have never regretted spending the $10 per month to have unlimited listening without any ads.  I know there are other similar services.  I have set up a very large library of the singers I have known of all my life plus the many new music I have come upon in Spotify.

MarsGal, glad your father had a fine experience with Hospice. What a shame your neighbor sons refused to help with his father as there is a time to step up and do what needs to be done.  I am sure he doesn't mind living at home and eating meals at their table.  There is now wonderful equipment to help those that can no long lift themselves. I am thankful to have a wonderful son who wants to help us with whatever we need.  I am glad he will not have to do personal care for me but know he would do it in a minute.  I didn't have to do that with my folks as they were hospitalized or in the nursing home when such care was needed.  I also had my wife, who had training as an licensed LPN who could help with personal care of my mother but I would have done what was needed if that time had ever come.  Unfortunately my health wasn't such that we can bring them home and try to care for them and my dad didn't want that at all although he held out hope of coming home but his health never allowed it and I had to tell him neither Pat nor I were really able to give him care at home.  He accepted that and never brought it up again.   

I have used up my morning energy and now time to go lay down and listen to my Church service and have lunch and will have to come back this afternoon to leave a posting in the Soda Shoppe.

FlaJean

What a nice long letter from Larry this morning.

I was so sorry to hear about Ray and Lynn Franz.  Lynn was a wonderful photographer and I always enjoyed his many photos.

I have not been feeling too well myself and am trying to limit myself on the Internet.  Ever since I had my cataract operation the light really bothers my eyes.  I have a tendency towards vertigo and had an attack a couple of days ago.  I just had to go to bed until it was over.  I have turned on the display for blocking blue light which is bad for your eyes. But I definitely will be less on my iPad.  I guess when I had my cataracts the light didn't bother me.  Maybe seeing better and clearer is not always a plus. 😟

The days are definitely hotter now.  We are going to have a high of 91 or 92.  So glad we have air conditioning.

Mary Ann, wondering if you had your piece of cream type pie and tuna melt today?

Everyone have a good day.

Mary Ann

Such a shock as we had at church this morning - a woman who sat two rows ahead of me died Friday.  Very unexpected.  She had had a constant cough and kept ignoring it until they had to take her to the hospital by ambulance.  Her son said she had something over her face that prevented her from even taking a drink of water and I think the diagnosis was pneumonia.  She was 94 in November.  Both her son and daughter were in church this morning.  The son said the church was her family.  For Mother's Day, her son and daughter took her to the same restaurant where Tom took me and we exchanged a few words.  Dot and I had not been to church that day and the woman told me what a nice service they had.

Today two former ministers participated - one led us in the call to worship and the other preached the sermon. 

Larry, you are an inspiration and it is wonderful to hear your plans.  I have tried to give Tom information for his future after I am gone.  He has helped me a lot and I try to take care of myself so that he doesn't come home to find me on the floor.  I can walk short distances, especially in the house - thank goodness for furniture and walls that I can lean on.  I took your advice about walking across the road and haven't done that in a while; I let Tom get the mail.  I can wait for him to get it and besides it's mostly junk mail.  Things seem to be working like clockwork and after reading your descriptions, no one should be afraid of Hospice. 

Having a former Hospice nurse in the family has helped me know a bit about them.  Jan is leaving Hospice because of the toll it's taking on her what with Hospice patients and her parents, both of whom are in bad physical condition.  She could not get away from it and it was making her depressed.  She starts next month at our hospital as a triage nurse.  I am sure she will be good at it.

I think today will be tolerable.  It sprinkled before time to go to church, but had quit when we got out of Mr Burger's.  Of course, Dot and I had the usual (yes, Jean, we did have our usual) and our pie was a cream pie but I think it was not coconut, at least I didn't taste coconut.

Dot has asked me to join her tomorrow as she is not going to join her family,  The question is do I want sauerkraut and kielbasa?  Or do I want my picnic lunch?  Stay tuned! 

I think I'll change my clothes so I don't have a lot of cat hairs on my slacks.

Mary Ann