Random Image

Sunday Drive

Owner: phyllis
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:44:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla-Jackie

Larry Hanna...
...now if only we were relatives and we were living close to each other, your words are very wise, also you speak of truth and reality...I would love you to be a close neighbour, you are so caring and full of good advise...Please accept a ((( hug ))) from me...
" There is no present like the time "

Mary Ann

Jackie, that is very good advise that Larry gave you.  I would only repeat one part and that is "take care of yourself first". 

Larry, it is interesting to see how things are falling into place for you.  Scott is doing very well to see that your wishes are being taken care of and I am sure he knows that if he gets things in good shape, you will not be needing him to fix things - if it isn't broke, it doesn't need fixing.

Tom and I went out for breakfast and - old story - I can't find my keys.  I think they got to the car OK but I don't remember taking them into the restaurant.  So they are either in the car or on the ground somewhere.  It all happened because I shut the front door before realizing I did not have my sweater with me so I unlocked the door, got the sweater and tried to lock the door from the outside.  Didn't work, so I locked it from the inside and shut the door, keys in hand.  I kind of remember carrying the keys, my billfold and glasses to the car but I do not remember carrying them into the restaurant.  I hope Tom will find them on the floor in front of the seat. 

It sprinkled before we got home.  We went to the grocery to pick up groceries we had ordered and came home.  Tom is going to Holland this afternoon for a picnic with Mary.  I have an idea they will have an indoor picnic, probably at Mary's apartment.  Radar shows us having a storm this afternoon.

Kendrick is wandering around, wanting more attention, but it is hard to type and pet a cat at the same time.  He's not on my bed right now but I have no idea where he is; he has so many hiding places. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Lots of programming on television this week, commemorating the 75th anniversary of D-Day, The 6th of June.  There are a few of us who remember, and plan to pay respect to that infamous day, on the beaches of Normandy, that was the beginning of the end of WWII.  Many excellent movies and documentaries playing on various channels, and all worth watching. 

Mary Ann - I totally understand the key situation!  ::)  If I had a dollar for every time I have misplaced or lost my keys, as well as my purse or my glasses, I would be a wealthy woman! ha ha. Fortunately, they eventually show up, but sometimes it takes a lot of searching or detective work!

Jackie - I hope that you're feeing better this morning, and that you have made a decision to disconnect your phone for a couple of days?  If you answer the phone, you are giving your daughter permission to continue to harass you.  There is no reasoning with someone who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.  I know it's hard for all concerned, but Vivienne is not going to change or apologize at this point.  Some people are "hard-wired", to react or behave in certain ways, and it is difficult, and sometimes impossible for them to change.  We have to accept them and love them as they are, and hope that positive change will someday come about.

Jenny - We haven't heard from you since early yesterday, so I'm thinking that you have gone to AZ, to be with your father?   I hope that he is being well taken care of, and is in no pain. Let us know what has happened, when you have a chance. I will be thinking about you, and your dad, and Michele, and praying the everything turns out for the best.

JeanneP

Jackie.
Sounds like you are going to be able to stay just where you are until you are ready to make up your mind
,not having to worry about money

I am so proud of how the uk handles taking care fast for seniors . The get good help. Just as long as as you apply for things. Not that easy here.
I had worked for 40 years here and so was fully vested in SS. But I saw how my aunts and brother .my mum always got so much care and help after husbands passed.

Now I never thought of applying for anything with SS uk.once I retired until some one here from UK mentioned it. I did apply t uK and within 2 months they had reviewed Gone back to the age of
60 when it would have kicked in in UK. I was then 70 years old. They sent me A cheque for back pay of 10 years. I was shocked. Still get one monthly . It's not much but it does cover my home, auto  and other insurances we pay here . I also found that when in UK my health and drug oversee If
needed. I always get sinus problems soon as reach lancashire. I only worked 4 years in UK  Backthen we only paid  a shilling on a pound earnings to the SSecruity program.  Bet much higher now.when I had my daughter in UK I remember I got payment weekly for having had her . Also they supplied milk. Orange  juice, other things for babies. It was supplied without asking whether you could afford to pay yourself or not. I could.

Now you start taking are of yourself.
The SS program.
JeanneP

angelface555

Mary Ann

Patricia, I'll see if I can decipher your code:  You're happy (smiling), it's been raining a lot, maybe 3 days?, Farrah is there with you and you're having your coffee. 

It's raining/storming here too!  Kendrick is roaming around the house.  And I'm happy.  Oh, I had my coffee at the restaurant.

Mary Ann

angelface555

8)  close MaryAnn! We've had sunny and cloudy days with one or two passing rain showers. However, today is one long heavy rain with a predicted one to three inches with all the rivers rising, more mud on the roads, and perhaps issues in the foothills, but no predicted floods.

Anyway, I'm back to curling up on the couch and reading "Wuthering Heights" again; it seems appropriate.

Farrah is still lying in front of me each time I try to type, but I'm too soft, so I hold the keypad with one hand, above her and type that way.   :(   

Vanilla-Jackie

Jeanne P...
...a lot of people here in UK dont always know what entitlements-benefits are available to claim, I knew of one of my claims but I was doing ok financially from Richard so never needed to apply from our state benefits...Even come Christmas time, or just before we pensioners get £100 each per household, now as a single person in the household I shall now get the £200 cold weather payment, this is a government payment to help us pensioners meet our winter fuel-heating costs, we also get a £10 Christmas bonus, as they say..." every little helps.." if a different political party gets in, these payments could easily stop so not guaranteed for the future...

MarsGal

Okay, everyone. I just got word that Carrie and Tushar's Wedding photos and videos are now up on the website. http://www.tusharwedscarrie.com/ Link to the pics and videos are at the top of the page. Lots of photos.The shortest video is the first one. I have no clue who anyone is, except for Carrie and Tushar, and maybe my nephews Erik and Jason. I haven't spotted Mike yet in all the riot of color. Right now I am on my Linux machine which I disconnected from the speakers because Shan kept knocking them off the table. I am going to have to look at all these upstairs tomorrow.

Mary Ann

MarsGal, all I can say is WOW!  That was some wedding.  It was very interesting to see some of the customs.  Thanks for posting the link.  I watched only the first video, per your warning.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

MarsGal - Absolutely SPECTACULAR!  I've never seen anything like it, and I'm very impressed.  My congratulations and best wishes to the beautiful bride and handsome groom.  May they live happily ever after!  :love:

angelface555

For those who remember the Australian Thomases. I saw a FB link for Nadia Thomas. She's working for an oil company in Western Australia.

angelface555

Canadian Real Estate with full views of large ocean going cruise and ore ships 24/7

"World Class West Bay Waterfront In West Vancouver"
"Timeless and sophisticated, west coast contemporary custom waterfront residence in West Vancouver. Designed by renowned architect Brad Lamoureux on highly desirable Travers Avenue, this stunning 4 bedroom + den, 5 bathroom home is set in a private bay and features panoramic ocean views from Stanley Park to UBC and beyond. Exquisite finishings abound in this one-of-a-kind residence – American cherry hardwood floors and millwork, private master suite with dual walk-ins, steam room, media room, wine cellar, built-in outdoor kitchen, oceanfront jacuzzi and more. Don't miss this rare opportunity to own in one of our city's finest seaside communities.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6R1IOT0Q50

FlaJean

MarsGal, that was certainly an interesting wedding ceremony.  I hope they have a wonderful life together.

We had a nice rain today.  We have taken a short  walk several evenings at the park by the Boggy Bayou and it has been so pleasant with a wonderful breeze.  But tonight after the rain it felt sort of "muggy".  However we did need the rain.

Mary Ann, I hope you find your keys OK.  I'm usually pretty good about not losing things but one time in Maryland I searched for my keys for a couple of days.  Then someone came to the side door and there were my keys outside in the door.  Thank goodness no burglar saw my invitation. 😊

Larry, I'm glad to hear things are working out for the best.  Hospice was such a wonderful help to us in caring for my mother.

Canada also has many of those type of benefits for seniors and also for families with children under the age of 13 years.  My oldest daughter, husband and their son emigrated to Canada about 10 years ago and became Canadian citizens.

Here it is almost 7:30.  We made a trip to the library today in the rain as it closes at 2:30 on Sat. And doesn't open again until Tues.  I didn't want to be without some reading material over the weekend and I just can't spend time reading ebooks without getting lightheaded or dizzy.  It is what it is as the saying goes.

Mary Ann

Patricia, for the size of that house and probably for the price, that house is too close to its neighbors. 

Jean, yes I did find the keys.  I had them in my hand when I got to the car and Tom said something about the seat belt and I forgot all about the keys after that -  until we were headed home and I realized I did not have them.  I knew I had not taken them into the restaurant so they must be in the car.  And they were.  I expected they'd be on the floor but they were almost under the side of the seat.  They are safely inside my purse now.

Marilyn, I saw Paul come into the Duluth canal tonight.  I hope others did.

Mary Ann

Beverly

Stopping in to say Good Night.

Mary Ann - I lost a set of car keys a few years ago, (the computerized kind), and it cost $150 to replace them! I've also been known to leave my house keys in the door.  ::)

MarsGal - Beautiful wedding! Congratulations to the bride and groom.

Thinking of Jenny tonight.

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It looks like we have a cloudy sky this morning and we are to have some cooler weather.  Yesterday seemed to be my day to redo my list of things I want to accomplish and then I reorganized it in my little Google Keep Memo type program so I could read it, organize it in easily used area such as I want to order this from Amazon and then check out local sources for a number of other things I want to get to make my new room easier to use.  My body may be failing a lot and I am very slow but my brain still works (most of the time) and I can think logically.  I do the planning and depend on my wonderful family and friends to make my plans works.  I do have to remain flexible as some of my ideas may not work well or someone suggests something better.  It is nice to be able to work at whatever pace is right for you and then have the luxury of just going and laying down to rest when needed.  How could have God blessed me in any better way in this lifetime and still leave the ultimate when God decides to call me home.

Yesterday afternoon Scott popped in to give me back the laptop he had been able to restore back to factory condition and setting it up again just like I want it is a fun thing to do. So now I can use my big computer here at my computer desk next to my bed or will be able to use the laptop on the bedside table while I rest and then take it out to the family room for the evening when things settle down here, which they are beginning to do.  Pat and I both just need a couple of days of quiet and rest, which this weekend is providing.   

Jackie, your very kind words mean so much to me.  We often don't speak from our hearts if we don't consider a person a good and close friend.  Since I care about you and love you as a good friend I am certainly willing to risk something not being understood.  The last thing I would ever want to do to offend with my comments and lose a good friend.  With the freedom I now have thanks to Hospice I am having the great opportunity to sort through and discard a lot of things accumulated through a lifetime, a lot of which I do not even remember having, and filling up trash cans.  My bottom line is God, those that surround me whether in person or like our cyber family, and others are really all that matter.  Just yesterday two good friends from my Sunday School class stopped by to bring us a big plate of food from the family dinner held after the funeral of our class member who was so suddenly killed in the bicycle accident.  They couldn't stay as needed to get home and yet the lovely lady was kind enough to give me five minutes or more of her time which really made my day.

Mary Ann, this time two weeks ago I would never have thought so much good could happen so quickly and work out so well.  Scott is wonderful and we talked yesterday about what a fine relationship we have developed in these last few years. Also God brought Elizabeth into our family at the time we needed her.  As far as I am concerned she is now my adopted granddaughter.  My goal is to soon have things in such an order that Scott and the granddaughters can come over and not have to tackle choirs, although they are always looking for little things to help Pat and I.  I hope you find your lost items. At least you know you had them at the restaurant.  (Glad to see you did find the missing items). 

Marilyne,  I agree with you and Mary Ann that it is easy to misplace things and then hunt and hunt.  Fortunately, these items are normally found.  Since things have been rather turned upside down here the past few days I find I have put something somewhere earlier in the day and then forgot where.  I had that happen with the check I had written out to pay the housekeeper.  Fortunately, I did find where I last placed it and had I not writing another check would be no big deal.  Good advise about just accepting people the way we are and loving them as God never created any of us as "trash" and leave the rest to God and the individual to bring about his plan in their lives.  One of the best decisions I ever made, and it was made in the twinkling of a eye, was to just love my daughter as she was, tell her I loved her every time I had the opportunity and forget the long difficult past that had and in some instances continued to be her journey throughout life. 

JeanneP, there are many wonderful programs available that help as much as they can whether Government or great local and national charities.  We just need to do some research or be told by someone.  We might not qualify but it takes little in the way of effort to make inquiries.  My SIL seems to have always relied on me for a little guidance and help such as filling out her application for Disability or deciding whether she should apply for a vested retirement that she had worked hard for.  Not knowing something doesn't mean we aren't smart it just means we don't know something as this is a big and complicated world. 

Patricia, it looks like a smile, quite a bit of rain, a cat that loves you and a good cup of coffee or tea.  Am I right in reading the emojis. Three inches of rain is a lot for one day.  Glad you have no predicted flood in your forecast. I have never read "Wuthering Heights" or a lot of the other classics of literature although my two courses of Humanities in college did introduce me to a lot about art, music and history, etc.  Over all probably the most helpful courses I had in college in terms of life impact. 

MarsGal, glad the wedding pictures are now available for you to enjoy.  One of the very nice features of our modern Internet world. Years ago I played around with Linux but found I was just making more work for myself so didn't keep it on a computer. 

Jean, glad you had a good experience with Hospice and can't imagine a person not liking it once the learn of the purpose of the organization.  I know that I knew very little about their true purpose and now hope to be an "unpaid ambassador" for them as long as my mouth and my fingers are working.  Wonderful people and purpose.  Just about two weeks ago I could never has even guessed what we have experienced for these loving and caring people.   
Beverly, those computerized kind of keys are nice but when you lose one or have to replace the key cylinder and new ones are required it can be quite expensive.  No more $1 keys at Home Depot.

angelface555

It's another rainy day. They lied to us about it stopping yesterday afternoon. Farrah is getting arrogant as she now "yips" at me if the keyboard is in front of the computer where she likes to lay. She's becoming more vocal and more expecting her proper due these days, and I enjoy indulging her even if Dora chides me for it. Farrah deserves pampering, and I often indulge her and myself because I can I suppose.

MarsGal, I enjoyed looking through all the photos/videos and thanks for allowing us to share in the wedding and a different culture!

Yes, Larry, you're correct and it looks to be the same today altho tomorrow I can't stay in as it's my hunting and gathering day. That's one of Callie's phases I've co-opted, she has some good ones!

MaryAnn, yes the houses were close. However, I was looking at the ocean and bay views and thinking of everyone watching the cams. It'd be something to have those views right outside your backdoor! I also look at Vegas and Toronto listings, its all fantasy.

I'm another one who's been guilty of leaving my keys outside overnight, and luckily Security woke me up the next morning, knocking on my door. Unfortunately, I incurred a $25.00 fee the same if they have to let you in. Now I put them inside on the small hook by the door before I close my door. For me, it helps to always use the same spots in my purse, by my door or for other items as routines seem to work best nowadays for me.

Joy

Good morning.  A pretty, sunny morning here, but thunderstorms predicted for later today.

But, for right now, I am enjoying the sunshine.

I also just found out that I have another little great-granddaughter. Her name is Camila and she was born on Friday.  I have only seen pictures, as they live up in Connecticut.  It will be a long time before I can get to see her.  Mother, dad and baby are doing fine. She has an older sister, Isabelle,  who is almost 4.  She will be well-loved. 

MarsGal,  I couldn't sleep well last night, so at  3:30 I was up looking at those beautiful wedding pictures.  I did watch several minutes of each video.  The ceremony was certainly interesting. And, all it took to get the bride and groom ready for their special day.  I felt sorry for the groom, as I am sure that covering he had over his head and hanging down over his face had to be very annoying. I was happy to see that they both had changed their clothes to be able to enjoy the reception.  Looked like the food buffet tables went on forever.  I was wondering just how many people were in attendance. Looked like a huge crowd.  THey made a very attractive couple and I hope they have a long and happy life. 

Mary Ann, The place where I go for the x-rays won't take appointments for just a simple x-ray. If you have to have a more involved one, like a MRI or a CT scan, they take longer.  The plain regular x-rays they just work the person inbetween all the other kind.  I have never had to wait very long before when I didn't have an appointment. But, they did apologize as they said they were extra busy and were short on help that morning.  I didn't have any other place to go, but I felt bad that my DIL had to sit and wait all that time. 

We have had some really perfect spring days the past week.  I did get to sit out both Friday and Sat. even tho, I was later in the afternoon getting there.  Not sure if I will make it out there before the rain comes today. 

Sunday is a very "dead" day around here.  Hardly, ever see anybody, but now with the nicer days, I would think more would sit outside.  We have a nice porch off of the community room, but the sun is there just about all day. It is hardly ever used.  I still miss the nice balcony that I had when I was in my condo.  I could sit out there anytinme of the day and because the balcony sat back into the building, nobody could hardly see me sitting out there.  Here, I have to be sure that I get dressed, take the elevator down to the second floor to be able to sit out.  It was a lot easier in the condo. I used to sit out there in the early morning in the summertime still in my robe to drink my coffee and not see a soul.  I do really miss that.

Patricia, I enjoyed looking at that beautiful house.  I would love to be able to sit on that porch and take in that beautiful scenery. I have to agree with Mary Ann, that the houses were sure crammed together.  But, the house itself was so beautiful, it wouldn't be too difficult to just stay inside and look out at the scenery. 

Larry, it is always so good to see your long post now.  I am happy that you are feeling more like posting now.  I continue to be amazed with how you are handling your "new lifestyle" now. All the comments you make about Hospice, is very interesting.  I did not know that a lot of their services do not cost anything.  I have learned a lot from what you have told us.

I need to get on with my day.  Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Dot and I got home from church and other activities and I wasn't home long before Tom came home.  I think we both will be taking naps soon.  Last night Tom went to the airport to pick up Terry's wife as she came home from visiting son Geoff and his family.  I did not ask him about the flight but I know it was due in about 11:30 pm.  All tolled, I think he put 35 extra miles on his car but he was in Holland to start with. 

Our church celebrated all of the marriages in the 150 years of our church's existence and asked people to send in pictures of those marriages performed in the church.  There were a lot of them but the pictures were all since 1970.  Many of the couples were with us today.  After looking at pictures, we went to the Cholesterol Pit for our usual.  We could have stayed at church for cake and ice cream, but did not.

Joy, as I mentioned when I had x-rays it was in conjunction with a visit, maybe to the ER (no appointment there, either), so I don't know the procedures here.  The funniest thing was when Dot and I both were in the hospital and had to have x-rays.  The nurses/techs got our records mixed up, asking if I was Dorothy.  We had a good laugh over it, at least

Larry, I love reading about your plans coming to being.  They seem rather detailed but you and Scott make them sound so simple an easy.  Keep it up!

While I'm messy, I am kind of a creature of habit so when I have spare time, I like to be outside if I can.  When I get to my destination, I like to put things like keys away.  I know I was interrupted in the car when I was putting the keys in my pocket.  The keys are now safely in a compartment in my purse.

Beverly, I know those computerized keys are expensive.  Tom lost the ignition key to my car and how he could lose only the key and not the other things that were on the key ring, I'll never know and I let him foot the bill for replacement!  It was expensive!

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Thank you all for the lovely comments on the wedding. As you can see it was quite elaborate and spanned two days. There were different ceremonies involved leading up to the wedding itself to say nothing of the big bash party and reception. Because of time constraints, all these were packed close together rather than drawn out over the week. There was, my sister says, also an outdoor procession but I didn't see any photos of that.

Joy, I think Tushar would rather not have gone through all the fuss, but he is the eldest son, and his parents had their hearts set on having a big wedding. I did finally figure out who was who. I have not seen my nieces and nephews in years, and didn't recognize Jason and Katie at first. Carrie's Dad, Mike, her two brothers Erik and Jason and Erik's BF, Barrend (I am not sure I spelled that right), were the ones ones holding that gold netting over Carrie's head in some of the photos. Mike also wore a turban for some of the ceremonies. Barb doesn't know how many people showed up. She says some participated in part of the celebrations, but not all. She was sorry to have missed it all, but Mike assured her that the 18 hr. flight each way, and all the lengthy activities would been difficult on her back.

Tushar holds two degrees, one in Marketing, and he recently graduated from a cooking school (I forget the name) in NYC. He is hoping to gain a position where he can use both, but I think cooking is primary. Carrie is teaching. I am not sure if she got her PhD yet.   

Denver

I must apologize for not posting in a couple of days.  I had problems posting in the SS and so when I lost two different post there I gave up and did not even come here.  Thank you for all the comments, I appreciate knowing I was missed.  On top of all that f my posting problems, my kitty attacked my arm yesterday morning, bit me pretty badly....he has done this a few times before quite awhile back, but has been so much better...then did it again.  I was on my telephone and he was laying on my arm.....when I moved my arm to turn off my phone he just bit right into me.....this is the same situation when he has done this before.  I did not scare him by moving....it just seems to set him off when I move the arm is is laying on.  He has been so much better I was so hopeful he would stop doing this as Bob is very concerned with my having Diabetes that I could be in trouble if it gets infected. 

I do want to say that I have read every post and it just makes me feel so good to read all of the encouraging words that have been posted to you, JACKIE.  WE ALL care so much about you and just wish we were close enough to help you, but you know we all care and many have given you such good suggestions about your situation with Viennese and so forth.  Now I am going to share my news, but I must say I JUST got a call from Diane and they are moving my dad to a facility right now.  She said the doctor was so upset as he did Eve in his power to find a reason the he should stay one more night as now he will not qualify for having stayed three nights in the hospital even tho he did go in Thursday evening.  Medicare is such a difficult thing to deal with.  They could not find a facility to take him because of the three day thing, and this facility will not meet his needs, the doctor said. 

Now to my earlier post of the day...

I wrote a post and for some reason was unable to post it and I do not know why.  In trying different things I managed to loose it and even though I did copy it, it did not copy as I thought and there was no way to recover.  I was so frustrated as I had details of what all has transpired.....I just cried❣️

Then yesterday when I wrote up a less detailed version, and there was no way it would let me post it.  I do not understand why, but today I am on the newly opened up page and I am hoping the third time is the charm. 

My dad is still in the hospital.....however, it has been quite the roller coaster ride each day.  All the big todo over the brain bleed seems to have been a misread CT scan from the get go.  We could not get anyone to talk to us about it even though Diane sat in dad's room for hours on end waiting to talk to the doctor.  Come to find out the doctor came in very early on the first morning after dad was transferred to the second hospital and gave dad a report, none of which dad even remembered happing or what the doctor had said.  Unfortunately the nurses Diane ask about the day she was there all day kept telling her, "oh the doctor will be in SOMETIME to talk to you"...... My dad is very confused....he is sleeping a lot and at times he seems OK, and then the next he is not.  Yesterday morning Diane got a call from Dad sayin they were releasing him to go home!  Poor Diane nearly died of a heart attack, as she knew there is no wa6 she could possibly take care of him.  So she called to see if she could talk to the doctor, but of course he was no longer there, so she asked for a nurse to call her.  When someone did call, they confirmed he was to be discharged and Diane pleaded her case that she was told he was no way goin* to be sent home as he had to go for some physical therapy before he could every be released to home.  They would call her back.....hours passed so she headed for the hospital.  When she got there she said she HAD to speak to someone to understand how he could possibly be sent home.  In awhile a Internist came in he took one look at dad and said,  "there is no way this man can be discharge to go HOME today, He will be here at least 2 to 3 more days then he will be sent to a skilled nursing facility for at least a couple of weeks, then it will be determined what his needs will be!"

So now we are trying to see if and when we can get down there. 

I have been on the telephone with my brother for two plus hours, so I really must just try to post this. 

I hope you  all are doing well and I will check back later....

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Mary Ann

Jenny, this would only add fuel to the fire, but is there any way your dad could be sent to Denver where you would have more control of the situation and see what is happening yourself. I know you have enough on your plate, but regardless of where he is, you are going to worry about him. 

I'm sorry to hear your cat bit you.  My cat has not bit me, but sometimes I pet him where he does not want to be petted instead of where he wants.  He has gored me twice, drawn blood.  I ignore him for a while and stay away from his claws (he is not declawed).  Cats can be very sweet - then just the opposite.

Mary Ann

Beverly

Jenny - I'm so sorry about your Dad and all the problems. You've had more than your share of stress lately! It might be a good idea to have your arm checked by a doctor.

Today was our 62nd wedding anniversary. Sometimes I wonder what happened to all those years! We went out to dinner at The Olive Garden. Then spent most of the evening on the phone with our children.

Good night all.

MarsGal

Denver, before I got my current three, my cat, Twerp, always had some odd quirks, which included just up and attacking me on occasion especially as he got older. When he looked like he was going on the attack, I'd throw a blanket or some such over top of him and walk out of the room for a little while. When I came back in, it was as if nothing happened. I always thought there was something not quite right with him in the head. Of course, it was my legs he usually went after so that wouldn't work well for you.  I would add to Beverly's suggestion that you should mention it to the vet. If the biting is a recent development, and it gets worse, it might be something physical. Turns out, Twerp had a mass on his lung. Cats are notorious for not letting people know they are ill or in pain until it gets really bad. On the other hand, if he was sound asleep, he may be reacting to being startled.

Sorry to hear that the doctor at the hospital is not forthcoming with answers about your Dad's condition. I hope the nursing home they send him to is better than the one my Mom got sent to before we put her in assisted-living.

Vanilla-Jackie

Jenny...
....when last did you have a tetanus injection? I would check if one would now be due after your cat bite just to be on the safe side...
What a turmoil that hospital caused Dianne, how could they get it so wrong, just as well she put pressure on them not to release your father back home, and someone with the knowledge and basis of " common sense " stepped in just in time...

Mary Ann

Beverly, congratulations on 62 years.  That is a milestone.  May you have many more anniversaries.

I have to tell one on me, how I outfoxed myself.  It was warm here yesterday, enough to have front and slider doors open during the day.  I also changed the thermostat from heat to a/c.  I had to get up in the middle of the night and I realized it was cool inside.  I looked at the thermometer and it read 66 degrees.  It didn't take me long to change the thermostat from a/c back to heat.  The furnace ran for a while and I was back asleep when it shut off but it's nice and comfortable this morning. 

Tom is teaching today and will have an appointment after that so I won't see him until later tonight. 

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. I can see the sun is shining as I look through the window that is right beside my big computer.  Pat put up curtains in here not too long ago and I had to tie one of the panels with a rubber band so I can see between our house and the neighbor and see a tiny portion of the street.  After all a fellow needs to keep and eye on his neighborhood.  I got up at 4 am again this morning as once again didn't have my bed set just right.  I will eventually get the patterns of up and down with this hospital bed. 

I got a lot of things done yesterday and will get quite a few more done today that I can do from my computer at a very slow pace.  My heart seems to have decided to act differently with some pounding in the chest upon exertion rather than angina pain.  I think it ma have to do with the heart valve that the doctor spent a long time listening to on my final appointment with her.  It is taking longer for me to recover my breath and regain a little energy.  At least I am all cleaned up for the day and have had my breakfast and morning pills and am dressed and can now just sit quietly here at my desk and take care  of some things.

Patricia, it sounds like Farrah wants to be the one posting and not you.  You don't spoil her do you?  :) I hope your hunting and gathering day goes well today.  Callie does have some good sayings.  I also like to be very thoughtful about where I keep things so I can find them. 

Joy, how sweet is that another great granddaughter with a beautiful name Camila. I decided I would try to post more than just a drop in because I now have a lot of time and I really enjoy writing.  It has always come pretty easy for me and I did a lot of writing in my business career.  Last evening and then this morning early I added up my out-of-pocket medical expenses and found it was around $6,500 although with 5/12th of this year over all of that will not be saving for 2019 but will be if I can hang around for 2020, which is certainly my plan.  It sounds like all I care about is money but it has been a long time since my paycheck has seen any increases not associated with the Cost of Living adjustment on SS and my monthly Annunity.

Mary Ann, the pictures were an interesting project for your Church.  Glad you and Dot had your regular Sunday lunch out after Church.  I think I might have just stayed for the cake and ice cream and took a pass on the normal luncheon.  Pat got some very good Blue Bell fudge bars that I have been enjoying.  I was surprised to find they are still very large as most of these type of things have really been shrunk down in recent years.  I have always been a rather detailed sort of person as that is the way my mind works.

MarsGal, it is interesting how different cultures celebrate different events like the wedding activities. I know the people from India do some very elaborate wedding that can be quite expensive. I hope Tushar gets to fulfill his dreams and can get into the cooking field. 

Jenny, glad to see your posting yesterday.  I think Bob is quite right in being concerned because cat bites can be very dangerous.  Your health is much more important than having the cat.  I was a bit relieved when there was no longer a cat in Scott's house as he had scratched and bitten several times someone at the house.  So sorry that your dad's situation has not worked out well and sure hope they can find what he really needs soon. I am sure you are worried about Diane and it sounds like it is time for your dad to be where he can get the help he needs for his care.  I was happy to ready on down in your message and see that the Internist wouldn't let your Dad be discharged.  I remember being hospitalized during one of my visit to my folks in Arizona and what a mess the billing became although Kaiser did a good job of getting things straightened out and the bill paid. There are so many people involved in care now.  Great responsibilities fall on family at a time like you are experiencing and sometimes we need to make adult decisions for our loved ones.  I have been through that with my Dad as I think I mentioned yesterday.

Beverly, reaching 62 years of marriage is really quite an accomplishment.  We were getting close at 57 years but now am very doubtful we will see a 60th, although only God knows the time table.  We haven't been to the Olive Garden since we moved here but went to one many times over in Georgia. 

MarsGal, when we got a house cat Pat insisted he be declawed, which I understand many people think is wrong.  At least he didn't tear up the furniture but boy did he attack the blinds and wires to things to make up for it. 

Jackie,  good morning to  you and that is a good suggestion about checking on the tetanus injection. I hope you can relax today and have a good day.

Mary Ann

If anyone has looked at the Grand Haven site, the little figures by the outer (red) lighthouse, those figures are rebuilding the catwalk that was taken down a couple of  years ago.

I do not know how to make the letters more bold, larger or more visible.  When the link was put there previously, it read only Grand Haven but now has the entire link. 

The lighthouses are at Grand Haven and look after Lake Michigan in the area.

Larry, the cake and ice cream after the church service sounded good but having our usual at Mr Burger was our brunch as neither of us has a "good" breakfast before church at 10 am.  The cake and ice cream was in place of our usual coffee after the service and acted as a reception following a wedding, which our regular service was kind of like. 

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Jenny - I'm thinking about you, and all the worries that you are dealing with right now. It would be a good idea to call your doctor's office, and ask if they recommend that you get a tetanus shot or an antibiotic for the cat bite?  I was bitten on the wrist a few years ago by our granddaughter's cat, and I had both the shot and took antibiotics.  At the time, I hadn't had a tetanus shot in over ten years, so I was due for one anyway.

Nothing much happening here to write about.  Yesterday was a "lost" day for me, so I hope to perk up a bit more today, and get something done around here. I spent most of the day reading an excellent book, and then woke up around 2:00 AM, and couldn't get it out of my thoughts, so I got up and finished it.

Larry - It's against the law now in most California cities, to have a cat declawed.  It's considered cruel and inhumane, and most veterinarians refuse to perform the surgery, even in places where it is still legal.

Almost 8:00 here, so time for some more coffee and some breakfast. I'll return later.