Random Image

fe

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:16:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Bosom Buddies

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 01:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottoncandy

[That time it worked....lol[/color][/size][/size]

jane

Hi, Buddies!

Darlene...you have to get your message between the size and color tags..

Like below but without the spaces in the tags.

[ size=3] [color=green ]put your message here.[ /color][ /size]

Put your message here

Sue...sounds like you did a lot of grandpa sitting.  Glad you could walk with beach with the boys.

When we left home this morning it was 16 and snowing.  We're on north side of Kansas City tonight and it's 24.  Roads are clear and dry, but lots of semis being pulled from median yet today from Sunday's storm.

Jane

SharonE

Marilyn

Good morning I have my cataract surgery today. I am the 7th out of 8 being done todau. I have to be at the hospital by 9 am.

maryz

Hope all goes well, Marilyn.  So glad you have the help at home while you're taking care of yourself.

A friend took me to get an MRI on my neck this morning.  I have to take diazepam when I have one, so I don't trust myself to drive.  They have made those things easier on the patient than they were when I had my first one in the early 1990s. This is to check for nerve compression possibly causing intermittent (and increasingly annoying) numbness in my left hand.  I'm to go back to the doc in a couple of weeks.

It was 21* !!! when I got up this morning.  Much colder than normal here.

Happy Wednesday, Buddies!
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

Cottoncandy

Good morninghopeeveryoneisdoingwell..janeyoushouldlikethewesrhersupposedtobe80byfriday..hitoallreading..Darlene

Cottoncandy

Mary..I tried not using spaces...didn't work...Darlene

maryz

Darlene, your color and font size worked fine.  You can use your normal spacing within thed bracketed instructions - just not between your message and the bracket.  When I click on the font size, I get the two brackets with size=4 in the first one and /size in the second one.  My cursor is resting just between them.  I just start typing right there - no extra spacing.
"When someone you love dies, you never quite get over it.  You just learn how to go on without them. But always keep them safely tucked in your heart."

JeanneP

Not been able to bring up the Quick reply area" I closed down and tarted over. Seems o have appeared now.
Jane. We did get some more snow Monday night and really cold still. The say warm up littl over weekend. 
You Gould be heading for Texas soon. Hope good weather there. Not the time for Florida right now.really cold there in places.
JeanneP

JeanneP

My typing seems to be off when on iPad . Think WiFi problem. Have to call them. So slow
JeanneP

joyous

Quote from: joyous on November 25, 2018, 10:01:05 PM
Quote from: joyous on November 25, 2018, 09:59:56 PMI am SO lost that I just think I will up trying to talk with you friends that I
have known on here for so long.
JOY

joyous

Quote from: joyous on November 29, 2018, 09:24:18 AM
Quote from: joyous on November 25, 2018, 10:01:05 PM
Quote from: joyous on November 25, 2018, 09:59:56 PMI am SO lost that I just think I will up trying to talk with you friends that I
have known on here for so long.
JOY
Once more I am trying to find out how to start posting.  POOR, PITIFUL JOY

joyous

Someoneplease tell me how to get on FIRST. 

SCFSue

Good morning, Every Buddy and whoever is looking in.  Joy, especially to you--I sympathize with your frustrations!  I am never fond of change and the new format is not my favorite thing so far!

It's chilly here this morning and I'm still sitting here in my P.J.'s.  I have had breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen, but need to shower and dress.  I want to put away my "knick knacks" on the mantle in my family room so I can put up my Christmas stockings.  I want to get my Christmas tree out of my utility room and set it up so I can do a bit of decorating, but am not putting everything on it.  I'll get the stockings out and hang them, but will limit what I put on the tree. 

I'm making some vegetable soup this morning, also.  My neighbor down the street is home now from the assisted living and she always likes my soup.  I don't think she cooks anymore.  And since it's cooler here now, I'll enjoy soup, too.

I need to shower and dress and start getting out my Christmas stockings and a few other items.  I'll start putting a few things on the tree tomorrow, but will take my time and do it over a few days.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  And safe travels Jane/Ray and whoever else might be traveling.

Sue

SharonE

Guess I haven't posted today. I just got back from the grocery. I swear they were out of lots of stuff and the floral girl must have taken a vacation and no one else knew anything. I did tell the produce girl where they kept the floral foam. She charged me a $ for it. Usually they give it to mme free.  I also picked up a bouquet of flowers and a cute little snowman cup with a poinsetta flower in it to give to my hostess tomorrow. It's cute, but I had to go to customer service to get a price and then he just asked if $3 sounded fair. I said yes ad paid him for it.  Not a good shopping experience.  I've also made an appt for Bunny to be groomed next week, took our name off the HOA violation list, called the vet to find out where they are moving. Apparently she is building a much bigger place about a mile from here. They just broke ground though.  Our ATM has been removed and they are clearing the lot and getting ready to put in an actual bank! Still a BOA, so I'm happy with that.  In the meantime we will have to remember to get it on Sundays at the bank across from our church.

Joy, I don't understand what your problem is. Just go to the quick reply box and start typing as always. Your posts are showing in the feed.

Darlene, if you want color, just go ahead and type what you want, highlight it all and go to the speckled box after the "A"s in the top bar. Click on the speckled box, choose your color, and voila! Then click on POST.    Sharon

Cottoncandy

Sharon....I don't know how to highlight on my IPad....Darlene

jane

Darlene...tap your finger at the end of your typing and hold it down until you can click on select all.  The new go up and click on the "speckled box"...3rd one in third group of options on my IPad...and select color you want.

Marilyn...hope your eyes are great now.

Joy...you're doing fine.

Hi, Sue and Sharon

Mary...hope they find the problem.

We're in Schulenburg [sp?]TX tonight and it was 77 today.  We hope to get to the Island tomorrow.

Jane

Cottoncandy

jane

Darlene...you've got it!

Last day of November already seems impossible.  I am ready for it to be the last day of road travel. 

Have a peaceful Friday in your world. I'm ready for warm temps and "island time."

Marilyn

Good morning Eye surgery went very well  still a bit fuzzy but that will go away soon.

Friday update on Keith. He is doing very well. He remembers to ;pick p the Wound Vac and carry it with him when he gets up. This morning he was able to "GO" on his own. (No Catheter.) Mostly a good appetite, drinks is 2 Boost's per day , has his yogurt and now will get the new Kefir that iis Strawberry flavored (He didn't like the plain). The Home Health nurse will be here again today and I will get to see the improvement on the wound. He has daily Antibiotic infusions at the hospital. His short term memory is not good. His confusion seems to be about the same but the caregiver and I can deal with that. I am feeling much more rested now and not so stressed out as I was previously. Getting a good nights sleep has helped tremendously.

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  I've had breakfast, read the paper, and cleaned up the kitchen.  I'm dressed and ready for Tim who will be here in about an hour.  We'll return my library books, go to Kroger, come home and put the groceries away and then out to lunch.  Other than that, not much else going on here except raking leaves and taking them down to the curb for pick up.  I don't know if Kris will be meeting us.  It will depend on her work schedule.

Marilyn, I'm glad to hear that Keith is doing well.  And that his wound is healing nicely.  I can empathize with him.  My short term memory is not great since my fall--I can remember LOTS of stuff from long ago, but need reminders about daily things (Tim writes on my calendar for things I need to do!).

Jane, safe travels this last day.  I hope you get lots of sunshine at the beach!

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.
Sue

maryz

Marilyn, glad to see an upbeat post from you.  I'm glad the surgery went well.  When are you scheduled for the other eye?

Sue, enjoy your time out with Tim.

jane, I know you'll be glad when the trip is over.

We're finally warmer, but not without paying a small price.  It was cloudy all day yesterday, but today, we've been in heavy fog and drizzle all day long.  Tomorrow it's supposed to be actually raining, and then clear off for a few days.  That'll be lovely to get back to our usual early winter weather.

joyous

I am hoping I will be more intelligent in December than I have been in November.
Joy, in Baton Rouge

Cottoncandy

Hi everyone...we have a beautiful day...almost 80 degrees...Jane and hubby will like that...Marlyin happy things are getting better for you..it's real hard being a caregiver...I never had any help when I was going through that..Sue..you read a lot...have you read the Trump prophecies? I'm wanting to read that one...don't know if library has it...Joy I could use a dose of more intelligence...Hi to Mary...Jeanne...and all others...enjoy the weekend...Darlene

joyous

oUT  with the old and IN with the new. December brings Christmas trees, decorations,
presents to buy and wrap, stockings to hang by the fireplace, Christmas cards to send, etc. 
Glad it comes only once a year.
JOY

jane

Happy Oneth of December, Buddies!!

Marilyn...good news on K.

Joy...so glad to see you posting again!

Sue... Enjoy your time with Tim.  I don't know what I'd do without my IPAD and all my books there.

Darlene...It's hard to believe it's Dec. 1 with temps in the high 70s and low 80s.  It's so nice here now...things are calm and pretty quiet...most of the Winter Texans aren't here yet, so the restaurants are not busy.  We were able to move in yesterday, so today is unpacking and making the big trips to the store and WalMart for supplies.

Mary and Sharon...hope your temps and weather improve.  I know there's a big storm coming across the midwest again, and you may both get the tail ends of that.

jane
[/size]

SCFSue

Good morning, Buddies.  It's a cold, dreary, rainy morning here. I'm still in P.J.'s and trying to get up some energy to fix and eat breakfast.  I think I'll get my Christmas tree out of the box and put it together, but won't start decorating it today.  Yesterday Tim did some work in my attic, so I also hope to get some of the boxes out with things I like to put out around the house.  He did hand down a couple of boxes of things I like to put on the mantle in the den--so will get that done today. 

Not much else going on today.  I read one of my new library books yesterday afternoon and evening.  I have a load of laundry I'll do this morning and will be inside all day because of the rain. 

Have a safe trip, Jane and let us know when you are settled in for the rest of the winter.

Have a nice day, Every Buddy.  If the weather is bad where you are, I hope you'll be able to stay inside and have a nice day at home.

Sue

maryz

Happy December, Buddies.  Not my favorite month, but guess it'll come and go regardless.
 Today is still gray and rainy, but at least we won't spend the day shrouded in heavy fog.  And the temps are up in the 50s.

SharonE

Mary, our weather is much the same as yours and Sue's--rainy & dreary. I'm sorry December is a bad month for you. It is one of my favorites.

Sue, glad you're restocked with books and that Tim got some decorations down for you. I'm all finished with decorating except for making a centerpiece from one that Lori gave me a few years ago.

Jane, I'm so glad you're in your condo and enjoying the warmth. I'm sure there's lots of settling in to do though.

Darlene and Joy, we all could use an extra dose of memory at the very least, these days. I lose words and names frequently.

Marilyn, I'm so glad your surgery went well (don't forget all your drops!) and that Keith is healing well. I know the helpers have made a big difference to you. I'm glad you're more rested now.

I went to a holiday tea in a nearby town with 2 other Sun City friends. It was nice, but high on the carb level.

I need to finish printing my Christmas letter today and then hand it over to John to fold, stuff, address & stamp.

Hi to everyone I haven't mentioned.  Sharon

joyous

Still trying to "get with" this new format.---JOY