Random Image

bash

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:09:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for November 15,2017

Started by so_P_bubble, November 15, 2017, 04:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

Today was a very good day!  I started and finished the peanut butter cups!  Tomorrow I'm going to bag them in their Christmas bags and that will be one more thing done. 

At 2 p.m. I have to be at Susquehanna Univ. to meet Bridget (my grandniece) to deliver her mother's order and give her some information that she and my sister need for ordering some Christmas things.

I have to remember to mail my granddaughter's birthday card tomorrow.  She was born on Thanksgiving Day 30 years ago.  Oddly enough, her birthday has only fallen on Thanksgiving once in all those years,

And now I bid Everyfriend good night!  Sleep peacefully, wake refreshed and may God bless us, every on!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

halkel

Got a house full of Grands here for the night, one grandson, two Great Granddaughters.  Grandson will be here till Thanksgiving and then Wednesday afternoon we leave for Del Rio to spend Thanksgiving with part of the family. 

June, I hope you have a good night (and me too).  I am tired and like you slept part of the afternoon and didn't even dent my tiredness.

Good Night everyone, God bless and sweet dreams.

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Dogs came in with snow on their backs, hope we don't get a lot today. We are going to look at a new snow blower,ours is 13 years old and is getting difficult to start. The new ones even have heated hand grips!!!

Larry, the cakes were 4 x 8 and two were 3 x 6 , I hope to do  some cherry ones and that will be it for cakes. Just need to do my shortbreads. We both love those and should be put out of sight for the time being! Plus I want to try Janies Saltines.

Hal, hope you had a good nights sleep, hubby was awake from 12 on so I see a few cat naps in his day.

Jane, you have a full day ahead of you. Enjoy your time with your grandniece.

Lloyd, that was nice of daughter to do that.

June, hope you also had a good nights sleep.

Carol, I don't do near the baking I once did. Used to do mincemeat tarts , all kinds of cookies plus Christmas cakes. Usually trifle for dessert on Christmas too.

Mary Ann, if I don't have a map I am lost!!Now this van has gps in it but it is not always right. Doesn't always take you on a direct route. Happy to read you got your camera back and yes that does give one a scare!

Shirley, makes one wonder how many guardian angles we kept busy "back in the day" Mine wasn't cars but horses and I am sure I gave my guardian angels white hair!

Joy, I see our Walmarts here have also started  the order and pick up at store. Has to be a minimum of 25.00 before taxes. I think this is a great idea for those that can't walk the huge store.

Gloria, hope your weather is much better today. I don't mind the cold but if windy it goes right through you. Hubby calls that a lazy wind , rather go through you than around you.

Time is flying and I need to move it.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  The boinger for the doggies breakfast just went off so I only have a few minutes before Annie gets really testy and begins to nudge me.

AMY, I looked up your GUMDROP CAKE because I'd never heard of it.  Seems it's a Canadian thing!  I just might have to try it one of these days.  Looks intriguing.

Right now, I better see to the doggies breakfast!  enjoy your day folks!

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone.
"Marriage Definitions"

BACHELOR:
1) A guy who has avoided the opportunity to make some woman miserable.
2) A guy who is footloose and fiancee-free.
3) A man who never makes the same mistake once.
4) A nice guy who has cheated some nice girl out of her alimony.
5) A person who believes in life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.
6) The only man who has never told his wife a lie.

BRIDE: A woman with a fine prospect of happiness behind her.

COMPROMISE: An amiable arrangement between husband and wife
whereby they agree to let her have her own way.

DIPLOMAT: A man who can convince his wife she would look fat in a
fur coat.

GENTLEMAN:
1) A husband who steadies the stepladder so that his wife will not
fall while she paints the ceiling.
2) A man who, when his wife drops her knitting, kicks it over to
her so that she can easily pick it up.

HOUSEWORK:
What the wife does that nobody notices until she doesn't do it.

HUSBAND:
1) A man who gives up privileges he never realized he had.
2) A person who is the boss of his house and has his wife's
permission to say so.

JOINT BANK ACCOUNT:
A handy little device which permits the wife to beat the husband
to the draw.

LOVE:
An obsessive delusion that is cured by marriage.

MISS:
A title with which we brand unmarried women to indicate that
they are in the market.

MISTRESS:
Something between a mister and a mattress.

MOTHER-IN-LAW:
A woman who destroys her son-in-law's peace of mind by giving
him a piece of hers.

MRS.:
A job title involving heavy duties, light earnings, and no
recognition.

SPOUSE:
Someone who will stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't
have had if you'd stayed single in the first place.

WIFE:
A mate who is forever complaining about not having anything to
wear at the very same time that she complains about not having
enough room

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We finally had a freezing temperature last night.  When I looked at the weather app this morning it said it was 28 degrees.  We are to get up to about 60 degrees this afternoon. Nothing on the schedule for today so will just take things slow and easy.  After Church yesterday we decided to come home and have lunch here rather than eating out.  I think Pat was pretty warn out from Sunday School and Church.  She really gave me a scare as we will going up the hallway from Sunday School yesterday her leg gave way and she started to fall.  She was able to prevent the fall by placing her hand on the wall and I grabbed her other arm.  I am so thankful that she didn't fall but she said she has had the same thing happen here in the house but so far has been able to grab on to something and steady herself.

Lloyd, I also wonder why some nights almost all of the distilled water is used and other nights it isn't.  I don't think I have ever had mine use all of the water but has come close.  Like Nancy, I couldn't believe I needed the test and put it off for several years.  However, obviously did and now even use the supplemental oxygen that it put into the hose after the overnight test showed my blood oxygen was getting down to 69 during the night for several minutes. 

Gloria, it sounds like you all in the NE are having some very unpleasant weather.  Is there any snow in your forecast for the holiday weekend ahead?  Years ago when Pat had a shot in her spine the needle hit the spinal column and spinal fluid leaded out and she had a terrible headache.  She was flying to Kanas City the next day so they did extracted more spinal fluid and filled the hole from the first shot and by the next day the headache was gone.  It is an experience she has never forgotten. You are right about using maps and I always kept them in the car and when traveling tried to stay close to main roads.  That Austin on Jeopardy did make some strange hand movements and facial expressions.  I love coconut and will have some in the five cup salad on Thanksgiving.  I haven't had an Almond Joy candy bar in a long time but always enjoyed the coconut in them. 

Joy, we did have to change our plans on eating out as I indicated above.  I was happy to have her with me at Church.  We still watch Wheel of Fortune as it is just a fun program.  I think we have watched it for its thirty-five year run. 

Joan, sure hope this week will find you feeling less under the weather.  I was glad to see your posting from yesterday and hope it means you are feeling better.

Shirley, I have invited our granddaughter to attend Church with us but so far that hasn't happened.  I couldn't begin to ask the right questions on Jeopardy as the answers are things I never heard of before.  Like you and Joy I don't like downer movies.  I don't think I have ever heard of the Doppler type machines you mentioned.  I also don't want any more caths unless needed to save my life after a heart attack if I can survive that long.  Have you ever done the sleep tests? 

deAngel, I bet that was a long inch when you were in the car that the map said you still had to go.   

Mary Ann, good story about the two ladies running into the house as you made the turn.  It sounds like you had the pedal to the medal.  My wife has a heavy foot on the accelerator.  Pat was probably 25 or 26 before she learned to drive.  A husband should not teach his wife to drive as it is not good for a marriage.  :)

Carol, I sure wouldn't like driving a shift in Seattle, San Francisco or any other place with a lot of hills.  Where I learned to drive we didn't have too many steep hills where one would have to start up and if you did have to do so there wouldn't be a car right on your bumper as we have in the city.  It was nice of you to help your brother. 

June, I hope you had a better night last night.  It seems those night hours when we can't sleep are much longer than daylight hours. 

Jane, you are amazing to do so much special cooking.  I am glad you enjoy doing it. 

Hal, it sounds like you won't have much quiet time between now and Thanksgiving.  Are the members of your family attached to their smart phones to keep them busy? 

Amy, heated hand grips on a snow blower would be very nice.  It sounds like you have had your money's worth with your old snow blower.  Glad to see you now have the online ordering for groceries.  It is great for the large orders.  I still will stop to get a couple of items and also to shop at Aldi's, which is a small store and doesn't wear me out like the supermarkets do. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, well we finally have sun this morning. I thik I am fighting something, first I am freezing then I am sweating. Did not sleep good last night either, lucky if I got 3 houirs sleep. I would hate to get a cold now and have to stay home for Thanksgiving. Wound not want to give it to my great grandson.

JOAN  so good seeing you posted yesterday. I noticed you had been missing and worried about you.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Amy, I’m a great map reader; when my dad and I took trips those many years ago, I would map out our trips so we could see everything possible, especially if it was free.  If my camera had been lost, we would not have been able to take the family picture I want to take to send at Christmastime.  So, a BIG WHEW!

Lloyd, I love your definitions!

Tom uses a CPAP but I don’t think he uses distilled water, at least I’ve never seen it on the grocery receipt.  I’ll have to ask him.

Larry, it surprises me how many times I do know the answer on Jeopardy.  Of course, the questions are easy to begin with when I have the answer.  And it is interesting how often the contestants don’t know about people who are a couple generations older than they are.  But I am amazed at the knowledge they do have about very ancient times.  It makes one wonder if they are given some topics beforehand, but I’ve read that is not so.

Larry, I probably was driving at 35 mph when I got to that corner, but you don’t take 90-degree turns at 35 mph!  Maybe a husband should not try to teach his wife to drive,  but a father and brother combination worked for me.  This was long before driver training and I found by putting together what Dad told me with what Norm told me, I got the message.  I always thought both Dad and Norm were very good drivers and Norm even told me once that I was a good driver.  I was able to quit before I became a bad driver.

Gloria, don’t get sick now; I hope whatever is bothering you goes away.  My only advice is “take two aspirin (or Tylenol) and go to bed”; I know you’ve read that many times.

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee

November 1 - Hospital

November 10 - Rehab

November 20 - HOME!

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

so_P_bubble

:wave2:

Hip hip hooray! Great to hear you are back home.  Welcome back to your home here as well :)
I bet it is a good feeling to be back on the eve of a holiday.
Stay safe and well, Jeanne!

Mary Ann

Jeanne Lee, it is so good to see a post from you.  Stay well and be home for Thanksgiving - with family, I hope.  We miss you when you're not here.

I also am missing Phyllis again and I hope she's well.

Mary Ann

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

June Drabek

Jeanne Lee, Thanks be to God !! You are back amongst those of us who love you. May you continue to gain back all that you have lost. Sickness can really take the joy out of living. Do you have caring relatives near by Jeanne? I pray so. Is there anything we can do via the mails ? Prayers continue of course.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Carol

Jeanne Lee:  You can never have enough  :grouphug:

Amy:  In Minnesota, we had a combination snow plow or lawn mower with a driver's seat - lived on a country side road.  It made fast work of plowing.  Good wishes on your tackling the snowfall this year.  I suggest anything heated would be great. 

CallieOK

Welcome back, Jeanne Lee.  So happy you're home in time for Thanksgiving.

Radioman34

Joy

BIG BOX

JaneS

OH WOW!  ALLOF A SUDDEN IT'S A RED LETTER DAY.  OUR OWN JEANNE LEE HAS COME BACK TO US!

mycheal

Jeanne Lee your right back where you belong :) Enjoy and be well !
Mycheal

Jeanne Lee

Many thanks for all the welcome messages.  :smitten: 

It sure is good be be back. 

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

halkel

Well I popped in once today and checked the board but didn't have anything to add, dragging.

Jeanne Lee, welcome home.  We miss you.  Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone had a great day.  I am off to bed.

Nite, nite, God Bless and sweet dreams

Shirley

One more WELCOME HOME from me, Jeanne Lee.... you were missed.

:cheer: :hugs: :cheer: :hugs: :cheer: :hugs: :cheer:

Denver

Oh happy day.....

:hb2:  W E L C O M E  H O M E 
                   JEANNE LEE   :hb2:
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Lloyd Hammond

hello everyone,
well i am just up for short while a Nature call and dry mouth. a cool drink and back to bed. Jennie Lee I want to add my self to the good wishes for you being back. sorry for your have to visit the hospital,but glad we have a good one when we have to have them. Hope to see everyone after while. I seen Denver by the time you posted a suspect you are back in bed also, that is where i am going now.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..
I want to add to the others  WELCOME HOME Jeanne Lee. Just take it easy and enjoy each day.

We did go and look at snow blowers and I now have a new dance partner.I am sad that the other one won't be coming home, what a difference in the material/steel  the old one is much heavier . I hope this one holds up. They are to deliver it sometime today.

Baked bread and muffins yesterday, put some in the hidey hole .

Joan, hope you are feeling better today...take it easy.

I need to get ready to meet the day,

Have a great day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good morming Everyfriend! I'm running a bit late this morning so I'll try to come back and see what y'all are up to later.  i'm off to w
Wally World today.

Amy I hope you and your dance partner get to sit out some dandes this winter but it will be good to have a partner who is "light" on his toes.

Amy

Thank you Jane and don't forget he is really a hot one too (heated handles) :)
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, feel better than yesterday, at least no chills and I did sleep last night.

MARY ANN  yesterday I did not take my pain pill and did take 2 asprin in the afternoon and just laid on the couch wrapped in a blanket.  Guess for 2 days I was really a couch potato. Hope I feel better later.

JEANNE LEE  wonderful you are home again. Take care of yourself and hopefully no more hospital stays.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We have an overcast but warmer morning with a low percentage of having some rain today.  This is another day with nothing on the calendar.  I may make a trip over to Costco to look at the Chromebook computers.  I have pretty well decided that I will go that route again but upgrade.  This will be Pat's Christmas present to me and I might just get it a little early.  I stayed home all day yesterday and it was just a quiet day.  I almost finished another audiobook, which I will finish up today and select another.  I just spent an hour or more working on Pat's computer.

Gloria, sure hope those are not the first symptoms of a cold and happy to see you are feeling better today and that you slept last night. 

Mary Ann, distilled water is prescribed for our machines.  Does he had a water container on his machine?  I don't know the Jeopardy answers to some of today's singing and movie people.  I would seriously doubt that the program would have lasted this long if it weren't on the up and up.  You are very wise to quit driving before you have become a bad driver.  It has been awhile since we have had a posting from Phyllis.  Like you I sure hope she is OK. 

Amy, I hope that new snow blower is easy for you to use and does a good job.  It is that time of year where you will need it. 

Jane, hope your line had many smiling faces today as people prepare for Thanksgiving.  I expect you are checking out a lot of groceries.     

Carol

Morning walk is over - it is so cool and nice here and we had windows open all night.  My neighbor puts her heat up to 80 degrees in the morning as she doesn't like to feel cool.  Tucson is still having temperatures about 10 to 12 degrees above normal.  This is almost two full months now.   :(  Everyone from the north likes it - we don't really like it this hot. 

Mary Ann:  I could be very interested in having a driver-free car.  Just put a pillow in the back seat and take a nap.  Sounds good to me. 

My audio book is by Jan Karon.  Her books are gentle and good - nice instead of our news.  Wednesday is cooking and baking day as we will spend Thanksgiving on the road. In and Out to Phoenix using a back road short cut.