Random Image

bash

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

General Computer Q & A

Started by RAMMEL, March 29, 2016, 01:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAMMEL

Jack, -----     Looks like the whole North East area got hit. I think it was around 1:00am when it snowed here. Icy roads too.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Kelly

Hi Rammel
No snow in the Isle of Man!

Kelly

jackwv

Kelly you are quite a bit North of me in West Virginia, Rick is north of me, and looks like we both have some cool weather for a week or so. 

Mary Ann

We had quite a bit of snow Saturday afternoon, a drizzly snow.  There still is snow on the ground, but driving is not a problem.  Walking might be.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Rick I noticed you were talking with Bubble and Kelly about putting flags on your profile. How is that done?

so_P_bubble

Angel it comes automatically as soon as you put your country in your profile

angelface555

so_P_bubble

Kelly

I cannot put where I live as it is not on the list!

Does the Isle of Man not exist.

:)

Kelly

jackwv

Bubble thanks mine now shows the flag.   Kelly a long list but you are right, no Isle of Man.   Having 4 Irish Grandparents I might suggest Ireland, or is that a no no.

JeanneP

You have to be big enough to warrant having a flag listed. other wis would have to be a list of thousands.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

I don't think there are a thousand flags for countries.  That sounds too much!

Kelly

Hi Jackwv
Thanks for the thought of the Irish flag.

But I could not put anything other than the place of my birth.

Kelly

Kelly

Hi JeanneP
The Manx Flag was on the older S&F site.

If a country exists then it had its own flag and size of country should not matter.

Kelly

jackwv

Kelly I do not know if your flag can be placed anywhere else, but since you do not show us your smiling face why not make it your Avatar.

so_P_bubble

Kelly

Hi Jackwv
I prefer to show my national flag.

Kelly

jackwv

Kelly that is what I was suggesting.  Get a photo of your flag onto your computer then use it as your avatar. 

JeanneP

Bubble.  I was thinking about all the little places that do have their own flags. Even some little Islands. I think you can google on place and it shows so many. Not just from the large countries. I think one time I went down the list of countries when doing research
Isle of Man is a 3 leg one on a red background. 
Kelly should just bring it up Copy it and put it in his Avatar if he wants it on. Just like he was putting his picture.  Someone would help him
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

Jeanne, with stamps collecting I think I got 390 and something different locations.  But then that was before the USSR fell apart.

Kelly

Hi JeanneP
I can put my flag as my avatar, but given the history of the Isle of Man, many Manx people wonder why the Island is not on most of the drop downs lists, be it when we buy something and we put our post code only to be told there is no such postcode.

Or in this case when the flag is not available.

Of course it has nothing to do with S&F, but the providers of National flags to online companies.

Kelly 

angelface555

I see someone put the flag in my profile for me, thanks!  :thumbup:

Kelly, can you put a photo of your flag on your desktop and have someone here direct you, step by step in how to size it and place it in your profile?

Kelly

Hi angel
I can do that!

I was saying I, sorry Manx people cannot understand why the Island seems to not have its flag and other areas covered that most countries do.

Kelly

angelface555

Kelly, we are the largest state in the US but we share your issues. The amount of information on Alaska compared with most other states would barely fill a teaspoon. And I love how often with maps, the state is shown as a small island across from Mexico!  ;D

jackwv

Kelly believe you have Windows 10.   Check out my new Temp Avatar.   .   This was done with a free app on Windows 10  Called Photo Editor 10.   You put a photo of your flag and then add your own photo, you can lighten either or both (they call it blending)

I just changed it, had the old guy in it.  Like the app and did it with a photo of mine from back in 1952  (wow that's a long time ago) :(

On the matter of your flag, wonder if Simple Machines that hosts S&F would add your countries flag.   

JeanneP

Kelly.  I could be wrong but I don't think that  Jersey or Gurnsey show a flag on many of the drop down list either. They are as big as Isle of Man. Just not well Recognized as being big enough. Populations to small.  The Jersey Flag was not adopted until 1979. Same as yours, they all are  much like just a symbol not the colours like the country flags are. A think that Gurnsey the same.  Even the little country of Monico will not be on a flag list either.
JeanneP

Kelly

Hi JeanneP
It is not about the size of the Island or about the Channel Islands.  I think you miss what I am trying to say.

Best leave it at that.

Kelly

RAMMEL

I got a copy of your Flag into the Gallery but haven't found a way to link it to a page yet.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Kelly

Hi Rammel
Thank you so much, if I was where you are I would buy you a beer!

Kelly

Kelly

Hi Rammel
Just seen the Manx Flag.

Thanks

Kelly