Random Image

fe1

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:28:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for March 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, March 01, 2019, 12:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneS

JOY, I went to look at the package of cream cheese I bought and it's a box like the Philly but it's and 8 oz. box.  And the maker is a place called Walnut Creek Foods out of Walnut Creek, Ohio.  And I read it wrong the first time.  It was $1.49. 

I've completed my chores and the doggies are quiet so I think I'll join them and catch a few zzzs.  I still have dinner to make and a little paper work but that can wait. 

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Power is still off, generator is humming along.
Jane our cheese is 2.99 so I would say that is a great deal!!!

Met my friend for tea and came home with 4 + totes filled to the bring of quilt material!!! I have left it in the van for now when I put the van away I will bring it in. Garage door is power operated and although one can manually open it I will wait, they said the power would be back on by 4 pm.

Thank  goodness for the cookstove for heat and eat :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Amy

Canadian..

I just used a pkg of cream cheese and onion soup mix to make a dip for cauliflower......yummy!
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Shirley

I've been & read several times today but kept getting side tracked. Amy, every time I read back over I stop to smile & giggle at Jesse falling off the bed. The cats have done that before but they land on their feet, look embarrassed & strut off like, "I meant to do that!" 

Phyll, think you are right, I was a little down yesterday but have "bucked up" and ready to tangle with the world. I did get news of another cousin that died today, think she was 91, such a sweet person. Find it hard to believe so many passing away in such a short time. Thanks for noticing.... I don't usually let myself get down but been one of those weeks. Glad you got the tooth taken care of with a little less stress than first feared.

Jane, Davy's store would be my "therapy", spending time just looking around. Sounds fantastic, thanks for "painting the picture" for us.  Sounds like good prices to me.

Gloria, I got my chicken on to bake at noon & it was done about 3:30, falling off the bone, I'd love to can this aroma for the days & weeks I don't cook.  Tasted yummy, made the gravy & Stove Top stuffing, got out a jar of Aunt Nellie's pickled beets but didn't take time to fix mashed potatoes, will do that tomorrow. Need to go run some of the bones down to the river for whatever critter removes it about as soon as I turn my back.  I put some in each of the cats supper dishes, along with raw hamburger & they turned their noses up & left it!  All are outside now so will not give to other critters until they have a second chance to eat.  I really was offended at their attitude.  They will get one more meal of canned Friskies before they go to bed. Not much spoiled, huh?

Hi to all, Gloria de, Larry, June, Joy, Lloyd, anyone else looking in.  Oh, I am signed if "forever" so don't know if that shows up as always being online. I quit turning my computers off overnight since my sons say they never do, so updates can come in any time. Makes sense.  I know I will look in before going to bed but right now I need to take those chicken scraps to the river bank, lock up the RV, son came back over to check the tires while it is a little warmer. Did need some air added.  Not sure if I will get to my cousin's funeral, depends on when & time of day, but glad to have it ready to roll.

JaneS

If I'm even close with my figures, $2.99 Canadian is about $3.80 or so American so that was a pretty good deal.  Tomorrow, I'm going to swing by and see what WM's price is on an 8 ounce box of cream cheese.

Shirley, I can't believe those finicky cats turned up their noses at your "chicken special".  Their "mother" must really spoil them.

I'm off to bed pretty soon.  Tomorrow is a work day and I plan to get there rested and ready.  So I'll say Good Night now and may God bless us, every one.

Joy

I am just getting back in to say Good Night.  I did play cards tonight, and, as usual, we didn't win/  Although it was a close game.  We only lost by 5 points tonight.  The other night we wound up being 1,000 points in the hole.  We just can't seem to get ant good cards.  But it is just a game, after all.

Jane, I think the pkg. of Philadelphia cream cheese for 8 oz. was $1.83.   But this was from Weis, and they are higher than Wal-Mart.   Whichever it was, you got a good buy !  I checked to see how far Lewisburg is from me and it would take about 2 1/2  hours, but straight up I-83 to Harrisburg  and then Rt. 15 to Lewisburg.   Might try to take a day trip sometime this summer.   

Hope everyone will have a good, restful night  and don't let  the bedbugs bite !!!

Joy
BIG BOX

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. from here it looks  like I am first in this A M.
It is 28º and cloudy chance of some rain they say this afternoon. we need several days of good sun but a good hard rain would settle the mud down.
I am sure ready for spring weather. Nancy and I neither had a good night,neither rested good and neither were bothering the other we just did it on our own. hope you all had a restful night. we are supposed to get our RV back Monday, the body work completed we will have to check out the pluming and fill it up with water and propain, and diesel fuel. I am ready to go beck to Tampa and spend the rest of the winter. Have a great day everyone.

Lloyd

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  First and foremost, JOY, that would be great to see you.  My daughter lives in Frederick and I've already told her that if I get there this summer, we're going to make arrangements to go where you are for lunch one day so I can meet you face to face.

If you do get up this way, I'll show you Davy's and the Amish Store and whatever else you want to see! 

We (the doggies and I) are waiting for the boinger so we can have breakfast and then I'll be getting ready for work.  It won't be such a difficult day today because they told me to bring my computer glasses.  I have about an hour of computer work to do and that's sitting down. 

Cathy already told me that she'll be going to the Amish store this weekend and I have my list ready and my money saved aside.  I'm pretty sure she'll be going Saturday morning and that's good with me.

LLOYD, I hope both you and NANCY can find some zzzzs today since you both had a bad night.

I wish eveyfriend a great day.  Make it your own in every way!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Cold but bright day out there. Hubby wants to take a tour and have lunch at a wee village today so off we will go. There may come a time we can't go ,so might as well do it while we can.

Joy, winning at cards is  what one wants to do but being with friends and just having fun is the bottom line. Maybe next time the cards will be in your favour!

Jane, hope the computer work goes well.

Lloyd, guess a nap is in order for both of you today.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Jimmy Dean

phyllis

Rain expected again this afternoon so a trip to the grocery store will be my morning chore.  It's been a busy week so I am looking forward to nowhere to go over the weekend.  Also, I have a book waiting at the library for me so will stop by for that.  Something to read by a favorite author and plenty of food.  Who could ask for anything more!

Take care, All.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Shirley

Well, came rushing back to the computer to see if I could retrieve my post but didn't work. Had typed until 2 cats were so angry with me for being on the computer instead of serving breakfast that Tom decided he wanted out to find his own food. So just as I glanced at the monitor to turn off after posting... was half way across the room before I realized that my message did NOT post because Phyllis got here first. I had not given the 2nd "Post" a click & it is gone... but cats are fed!  All 3 ate the new tuna like they really approved. Local Kroger had Starkist on sale 2/$1 so I bought a case & decided they were going to eat or go hungry.

Phyllis, weather guessers calling for rain for this area & centeral MO most of the next week, even the spring storms. I've had this RV for 5 years & no hail damage so far.. kind of a record for here. Ah, well, what will be, will be.

Terrific Thursday to all... will come back later to visit.  Shirley

Gloria

Good morning everyone, The sun is shining, that is about the best I can say about the day, still too darn cold. The weather guessers are saying normal temperature at this time of year are 45°. We are in the single digits again.

JANE  that was a very good price for that ham. With that price I would get some without thinking about it.

AMY  I would love your stove. It would be heaven to go and stand by it and feel the warmth. I grew up with my Mom having a big black stove like yours and of course a big kitchen and that is where we spent most of our time in the winter. I really do not like baseboard heat, never feel that heat when it is this cold.

SHIRLEY  been a long time since I have roasted a chicken, never lasted long when everyone was still at home. Glad I am not the only one who likes pickled beets. Mention it to some and watch how they turn up their noses at the thought. I have always closed down the PC at night. Never miss an update either.

JOY  we can go from where I live to the other end of the state in an hour. Living is this smallest state is nice that nothing is much more than an hour away, depending on traffic.

LLOYD  hope you get back to Tampa soon and away from cold weather.

PHYLLIS  add a nice fireplace with a warm fire in it and I will join you with the food and a good book.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. This is going to be a cloudy but warm 68 degrees with a small chance of later day rain.  Our housekeeper just arrived so we will have a nice clean house in a few hours. Also the yard maintenance people are here this morning so it is going to be a noisy morning in the neighborhood.  Scott is going to go by Walmart later this morning and pick up Pat's online grocery order and also pick up some prescriptions for her.  He will then be here for a few minutes.  This was a morning for my shower and that has really used up a lot of today's limited energy.  Interesting postings since I posted yesterday but only going to check in again this morning.

JaneS

I'm home and I'm bushed.  I'm going to go take a short nap before I start supper. 

I forgot who mentioned it but Davy's is not and Amish store.  The owners and all those that I saw working there are Mennonites.  There's a pretty big difference.  Mennonites have rented this space for several summers past and had awnings and tent covering over a fresh produce market.  They also offered fresh baked goods every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.  I'm wondering if they were testing the waters before going all out with a store? 

I'll be back! 

Joy

Good evening. Wanted to  get back sooner, but a couple naps got in the way.  Has been a very lazy day.

We had a very fine  snow all afternoon.   The weatherman had said it wouldn't amount to very much.   I haven't even looked out the window to see if it was laying on the road.

Jane, that would be wonderful to be able to meet up with you either up your way or down my way.  Hope it can happen.

I didn't think that the new store was an Amish  Market after reading about the owner and how it came about.   I love to be able to pick up the spices and all the things that they sell in buik.  The market in Shrewsbury has several aisles of all kinds of things.   Have you seen the bags of pie fillings they sell in with the bulk things.   Enough for several pies.  I like that I can get the flavored coffee in smaller amounts and all the pudding mixes.  And, the spices are always such a good price.

I am trying to watch Jeopardy  while I am writing my message here, so I think  I will end this so I can see the end of the show.

Have a good evening.

Joy
BIG BOX

roley

G'morning all.Hope your weather has improved !, it has been very mild here in southern england for a change, it has been the warmest February on record and in this part the driest too !, i have been looking around for some more interesting 'Armchair Walks' and i found this one, filmed only a few weeks ago, hope you will like this one Amy, and anyone else who would like to join in !, i have been told of another interesting walk which includes a visit to a old eleven century Church and a memorial tablet to Aircrew of America,Australia,Canada,Britain,killed in crashes in or around the village,in W2, i have not heard or seen anything of this little church before and when i find it i will put it up in here ASAP !,..

CLICK HERE.......                                         Cheerio.   Roley.
https://youtu.be/Ve_RzOPh-3A

JaneS

Good Morning Everfriend!  And thank you, Roley, for the lovely walk through the English countryside.  I always enjoy your offerings.

I slept very well last night.  I was in bed by 10:30 and I didn't wake up until about 5:30.  That's better than I've been doing for a long time.  I hope it keeps up.

Some time this morning I expect a text messag from Cathy telling me when she's going to the Amish store.  It will probably be around 9 so I have some time to "lollygag" and do some odd jobs before she picks me up.  Right now, I have my first cup of coffee in hand and I'm having a visit with my friends.

I'll be back to see who gets up first!  Enjoy your moning!

Lloyd Hammond

good Morning everyone. @ 505 A M here it is raining nice and gentian here but in the distance is thunder and lightning. a good hard rain would settle the mud. I got a good drink of ice water downed it, and i am now going to the couch get a food movie on you tube and relax. see you all again after while. I talked to alf lavi it was 10 P M there when it was 5 a m here + a day. I rang peter's bell but he was hiding. we have 6 hours deference in time there and here. so I have to get up earlier in th middle of the night to catch him. Have a good rest of the night.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

Good morning  JaneS you slipped in while I was typing Have a great day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone

Lovely sunny day here, cold but nice.

Laundry day here and general cleaning that didn't get done yesterday. Had a wonderful day running the country roads yesterday.

Jane, David said he waved as he went by on Thur. Have a fun time at the Amish store with Cathy!

Roley, thank you for the walk, I shall watch it while having my cup of tea. Alaways enjoy your videos.

Lloyd, good morning. Hope you have a great day.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone, into the teens this morning but supposed to get up to 40's today. Heat wave. Tomorrow is back to a winter mess here, not loo‌king forward to that at all.

LARRY  always a good day to see your post. Glad your son is close so he can help.

JANE  hope today finds you rested from yesterday.

JOY  like you I always watch Jeopardy and felt sad when Alex announced he has stage 4  pancreatic cancer. I hope he can survive that. I had one sister die from it.

PETER  we are still having winter weather in the northeast. I am so ready for spring. Not much snow this winter but very cold. I will watch your latest walk after I finish here. I know I will enjoy it. Thanks for all you have posted, that man makes them so interesting. So much history in them.

LLOYD  no rain here today, supposed to ‪ for a change.

AMY  glad you enjoyed your drive yesterday.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We are to have a cloudy day but it is suppose to get up to 78 this afternoon.  I plan on a nice quiet day today and will watch a lot of basketball this afternoon and this evening.  Not feeling very peppy this morning and trying to get up the energy and appetite to eat my breakfast.  I may try to start filling out our income tax this morning as have the data all together.

I am not up to trying to post a response to all of the posting but have read them all since I posted yesterday and will try to offer a  comments or two this morning.

Gloria, we would be in a bad stead if Scott wasn't close by and so willing to help us when we let him know what we need.  I was also shocked to read about the terrible health issues Alex Trebek faces in the days to come.

Joy

Good morning,  A little busier here then over in the Bait and Tackle board.   Just takes everyone a little longer to get to all the different boards.

Nice to see Larry, Gloria, Jane, Lloyd, Amy and Roley.

I, too, enjoyed the walk through the English countryside. 

Jane, I know you will enjoy your shopping trip with Cathy.  Hope you find some bargains.  I did find that there are several of the "Fresh Markets" in my area.  And, from a couple pictures I saw,  they did look similar to Davy's Fresh Market.  Maybe it is a Franchise, as they are in other areas, also.  But, I am sure each one has specialty items related to that area.  All the fresh produce looks so good.  I do miss being able to go and pick out fresh produce.  Although the shopping service I am using now does a fairly good job.  I can't wait for the local produce stands to open up. 

I need to get some mail ready to go out today. So, I better get started.

Hope all will have a great day.  Stay warm !!!

Joy
BIG BOX

Lindancer

Good afternoon, beautiful sunny day. Just got my 2nd order from PeaPod. Last time fellow that delivered the order was not pleasant. was mad cause he had a hard time finding my place.  This deliveryman was young late 20's maybe. First he said there was no need to tip him, but he did appreciate it.(liked him right away :) He Put the cold things in order on the counter. he explained to me that everything I ordered was filled, no subs.
Amy, you said laundry Day, it reminded me every Sunday night my mother got ready for Laundry Day Monday AM, she wouldput two chairs together in the kitchen, fill the wash tub with water and soak the cloths over night, of course the old wash board came out and a bock of yellow soap. I was married and had Dennis before I got a washing machine, with a ringer on top. was on awaiting list even for that. After THE war, plants had to go back to manufacturing home goods.

Gloria and JOy, I still watch Jeopardy.

Roley, thanks for trip/

Good afternoon Larry, I will be watching golf. Also glad you have Scott close by.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Amy

Time to take it easy. Laundry done along with floors washed and now yogurt being made.

Don't forget to turn your clocks AHEAD tonight..

Gloria de, I know the automatics are easy to use but I think the wringer washer got the clothes clean. I enjoyed doing the laundry especially when I can hang it out. Snow is too deep here that my bedding would drag on the snow :(

Roley, lovely stroll....thoroughly enjoyed the arm chair trip. :)

Jimmy Dean

Shirley

Well, I am totally disgusted with 3 cats... :tissue:  :angry2:  I thought I was giving them a special treat when I offered them some of my baked chicken yesterday but figured they were full so didn't eat it after they had the other kind. I didn't get to Sam's Club to buy them a fresh chicken today so gave Tom & Callie (Tiger is still sleeping) a bowl of MY chicken which they looked at me with those big eyes, "are you kidding, Mom?"  Won't touch it. This must be the time of year their instincts tell them to raid bird nests or whatever, they aren't interested in most of my offerings. They like salmon & weren't too happy this morning with the Starkist tuna, ate a few bites. can you believe them?  The wind is fierce here today & they don't want outside, Callie sat in the pool area for a while & came back in to use the litter box, Tom was out & back in fast, he thought he heard noises out there.  ::) Tiger is lazy, as long as I let her go to the other end of the house by herself, she is happy.

I might as well get the rest of my gripes out of my system.... got 2 more cantaloupes a couple days ago & cut one today... it is still too green & hard as a rock. The two I got a couple weeks ago were delicious, but I didn't cut them up for over a week. I put the other one in the frig, kind of spoiled my taste for them. Will take it out in a week or so & let it ripen for a while (if it will). Not sure where they came from this time of year.

All this to whine about and got to set a house full of clocks tonight!  Some are not much trouble but the smart ones take some thinking. I like the ones that change automatically. Always did think this is a stupid idea.... can't fool MY body! I don't even know if there is an alarm in the house that works, not sure my body clock will appreciate having to get up at what it will think is 4:00 am since on Sunday mornings I get up at 5:00 to feed cats, have a bite myself & be on the way to church a little before 7:00. I have a bird clock that is really a pain, get it wrong & will have a robin sounding like a woodpecker. Not sure where the instructions are but think that one has to be changed before noon to keep the birds in sync.

Gloria, we have 40s-50s the next week but also severe threat of T-storms. I may be on my way to MO for that mess. Never know where it will be worse so just go when packed. We are getting into tornado season but hope I'll be at home when they blow through. "If it ain't one thing, it's another"...

Peter, love watching the links you post, don't know how you find them. My husband had found some of Marlow, Bucks & the area we lived in along the Thames.... We spent our first 3+ years of being married in England and I've never been back. What Google Earth shows, nothing even remotely the same of where we were. But everything is changed here as well. Thanks for the links.

You girls talking about the fresh food markets and all that good food makes my mouth water. Last year was too dry for any of the fresh foods at the Sat. open markets to be very good here. Most of the venders were hauling in from other states & picked too green, no flavor. I don't have a spot to have even a couple tomato plants. Where we lived when raising the kids we had a good size garden, Cas loved his tractors & all yard work. Times change, as my mother used to say, "a different phase of life".........

Amy, my mother had a Maytag so old she sent the serial number in one time when the company was having a contest. It had the wringer & she always said that it got the clothes cleaner than any of the newer ones. She proudly pinned Dad's white shirts & all the whites on the line & would be sure "nobody else had whiter".... She had a scrub board that got a hard rubbing for my sox... I was hard on clothes from the time I could walk, like her twin sisters, they were tomboys as well. I didn't get a dryer until we built a new house in 1967-68... would you believe it is still working & dries faster than the new models. It may last as long as I do.  :thumbup:

Good to see you, Larry, isn't it great to have so many choices with TV?  I'm like Lloyd, love the old Westerns, mainly for the scenery, but they also had a good ending (most of the time) or moral lesson. Not much of the new stuff interests me, do like Wheel & Jeopardy but watch local news & when they start with the political stuff I switch channels. My TVs don't show any of the sports.  ::)

I'm going to have dessert first tonight, had such a big lunch of that chicken, dressing & gravy, mashed potatoes & a cup of applesauce... I'm not hungry for FOOD. Ice cream cones sounds good, don't you think?  Oops... phone is ringing....

Lloyd Hammond

we Had a very nice rain but it would have been better if it had ben more and harder to settle the mud. not too far away they may have got better. it was thundering and lightening in eye sight but not here, just light rain.
well I am biding you all good night and sweet dreams. Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Lloyd

Lindancer

Good evening, shirley when I pass, if I come back as a cat, I hope you or Patrica adopt me ;)

Amy, we lived in and apartment when Dennis was born. I had to wash the dippears every day of course, but I had to hang then on a pulley line[ I had to lean out the top part of the window, if I dropped any thing I would have to go out the front of the house, and run to the back to pick it up.  Bring frozen diapers in was also fun, they were so stiff getting them in the window. Amy, I think everybody in cyber world has hear about our washing machine, that was delivered with out a motor.  It took a couple of months to get that straighten out, as they would not believe us. After that salespeople thought us crazy, as we always checked to make sure the item had all its parts

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

JaneS

Had a great dinner and lots of laughs with Cathy and Craig to celebrate Cathy's birthday (#62 tomorrow).  It's hard to believe that many years have passed.  I wished her a happy 62 then 22.  Craig said that's fine, he likes young chicks.  He also said she was beautiful when he married her and she's still beautiful.  I think we're gonna keep him!

I'm off to bed!  I've had my nap on the sofa and now it's time to go for real.  Like Shirley, I hope to make it to church at 8 a.m. DST tomorrow.  It's not gonna be easy.  Good night Everyfriend!