Random Image

prospect.jpg

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 05:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for March 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, March 01, 2019, 12:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirley

Okay, Callie & anyone else that hasn't found all the emots... I love 'em so don't want anyone to go without.  Not sure this will work but give it a try. I did a quick snip of this part of the page, I don't seem the Gallery offering since we are supposed to post photos in the Photos Then & Now.. but this one time will try to bully my way through. If you look at the little row of emots & the word MORE right under the thumbs up one... click on MORE.

Shirley

I resized that awful small & the NEW snip feature in Windows accessories is still showing, but I am trying!!! :tissue:

Joy

Good morning. We had a little bit of snow overnight, and it has cleared off a bit already.  However,  a bigger snow storm is predicted for tomorrow night.   Sure would love winter to be overwith, but we just cannot control "Mother Nature".  She will do what she wants to do, when she wants to. 

I have been up for a good while..... had breakfast and taken my meds.

Now, I have to get started on something ?

Nice to see all the early birds here this morning.  I hope you all have a pleasant day.

Joy
BIG BOX

JaneS

That's cute, SHIRLEY, but I don't have a "little row of emotes" where I go to post and the one I thought was it, wasn't!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

CallieOK

Good Morning,

Amy, here are a couple of links to web sites about the elephant sanctuary:

Youtube -elephant sanctuary   

tours/events elephant sanctuary

Don't know what happened to my first post but notice that Shirley and Jane have posted since I wrote it.

Shirley,  that's what I used to see and loved the "More" options.  Haven't seen either since the "re-do".

Jane,  you have to be using Reply - not Quick Reply - to see what I found.
Above the posting space is a line that reads "Message Icon".  The box next to it that I see says "Standard".
Click the downward arrow and a list of choices appears.  Click the one you want and the icon will appear next to the box.
Right click it and choose "Copy".   Then right-click where you want it in your post and click "Paste".
May be more trouble than it's worth.  :)     (I got this one by typing the : and the )  )

Gloria de,   I notice people on their cell phones and then waving at the camera on the Street View cam for Times Square.   I'm guessing they call someone to find the cam and then watch for them to "say Hello".

Plan du Jour is to Pay Bills.  (no icon for "Bleah"!  )

Enjoy your day, Everyfriend.

Amy

Callie, thank you!! That was amazing! I would love to work in a place like that.makes one thankful there are people like her to take care of the elephants. Majestic animals   :smitten: .
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We do have the sun this morning and should get into the low 70's.  I am going to read all of the postings since yesterday.  Yesterday was not a good day for me in terms of any energy and today seems to be getting the same start.  I will just be having another very quiet day of rest.

JaneS

CALLIE, I don't use the "quick post" but I thought it might be worth a look if I could find what SHIRLEY was talking about.  I didn't so I'm back to my usual.  And I must be a little dense or maybe it's just today but I sure didn't understand what you said.  I'll go back later and take a look.  Thanks for trying to lead a dumb old lady in the right direction.  copied and pasted but I still miss the thing SHIRLEY posted.

Lindancer

Good after noon. got up at 3 and went back to bed at 5 slept till almost 9 Taffy is still sleeping, that wore her out, me getting up. Oh! she just walked in and meowing at me.

Gloria, when I got up it was raining, went to check what was going on in the city. within 5 min. it was snowing here, we got 4inches.by 9. My neighbor came over and dug out the walkway, and brought the paper in.

Good morning Larry, and June if you are looking in, hope everything is alright with you

Jane, the little smileys are just above where i am writing, plus the word

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Lindancer

I am back, the word was more.  What s so funny, I generally lose my post, this time I found the lost post, and it was printed. I do not know how that happen, I was trying to put a smiley in in from MORE

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

Oh, POOH! Guess I'll have to play with them for you. Gee, I feel so smart.  :crazy2: :angel3:  :angel4:  :nanadance:  :beer:  :booboo:  :snowball:  :bravo:  :cheer:  :cheers:  :frog:  :nahna:  :party:  :party2:  :poke:  :snowman:  :walkwhistle:  :witch:See what you're missing?

CallieOK

I'm now on my tablet and see all the icons, including More.  Must be my pc.  :crazy2:

Lloyd Hammond

well Shirley you have too much free time on your hands. the older we get the more we want to fiddle in our second or third child hood. also the easier it is to get stressed out. well i am off my stool now so see you all later. the problem is with our star border is not working out. he is on the road trucking and I think that is where he needs to stay and make lot of $$$$$ catch up on his bills. when he stops by I am going to tell him to take his belongings and find another place to put them. believe me i try to be a good person and try to treat others as I like to be treated. i do not like it when
i let someone use my shop an tools but think when they are done they should put them back where they belong and as good shape as they were when they got them.example i have a exticon cord that ahs a double plug on it. i use it to put two battery chargers on the tractor or dozer at same time, they both have two batterer's. in cold weather they need a boost after setting for long time with out being used. I needed it today and spent over 2 1/2 hours hunting it before i found it in a unlikely place. i was stressed out so no more work out side today. hope you all are having a good day. see you all later.

Lloyd

Shirley

Callie, could it be that I use Chrome & you may be using something else? My son doesn't like it but it is what I'm used to. I know you love playing with all the stuff.... maybe Michael can think of why they don't show for you. Good luck!  Went to church tonight, got the snow blower in the garage but not going to gas it up unless we have at least 2" on the driveway... put gas in one year & had to dump it without ever needing.... last couple years I didn't even get it out of the shed.  :tissue: (isn't that one cute?)...

Lloyd, "friends" like that nobody needs!  I watched my father & brothers have the same trouble until they quit letting anyone but a trusted person use tools. They never knew I used them & the big table saw often because I put everything back like it was. Cas used to wonder why his saw blades got dull so fast ... I was using his table saw to cut canvas panels into minatures to paint on.... & the inside of the panels was cardboard... not good for saw blades, right?

I saw a robin in the back yard today, sure feel sorry for it, high of 18° tomorrow. Robins don't eat bird seed so I used to feed them scrambled eggs, bread crumbs & cooked scrambled hamburger, the ones that built nests by the house.

Cats are feeling their oats tonight... running around hissing at each other & Tiger doesn't like to play their games so begged to go to the other end of the house. I can trust her but not these other two. Going to have a snack... little ice cream with Hershey's chocolate syrup & pecans.  :thumbup: (eat your heart out, Callie... :2funny:

CallieOK

Shirley,  I do have Chrome on the tablet so that may be it.   Son wants me to get it on the p.c. but I want him to come do it for me.
little ice cream with Hershey's chocolate syrup & pecans.  :thumbup: (eat your heart out, Callie... :2funny:i]
Ah, but is your ice cream from Braum's??  :)   Actually, there's be no competition because I'd be having Hot Fudge sauce and almonds. [/size]

Jane,  whatever works best for you is the right thing to do.

I'm going to have a couple of the cookies I didn't take to Bridge on Thursday.

Sleep well, Everyfriend and have pleasant dreams.

JaneS

Whatever works best is a good plan but what if nothing works?  I think all my technical stuff is getting old and I have to keep using it.  I don't have a choice.  And I'm afraid to put chrome on this old computer.  Maybe I'll ask the guys the next time it goes in for service.  They always treat me right.

Shirley

Jane, I fought getting a new computer for years, drove my sons nuts having to get them out of the messes I made 'cause they were too old. Found one in the Walmart where we overnighted in Salida, on sale & like the one Andy has only this one has "touch screen".... his doesn't. It was on sale for $250. & I love it!  Keep checking with your computer department & watch for a sale....

Actually, Callie, mine was plain old ice cream, not Braums....haven't been to Braums for weeks. My kids & grands stopped there after church tonight but it was getting dark so I came on home. They have good food as well as good ice cream.

Joy, sending the cold & snow your way but will try to save some of it for me this time.

Amy, can your snow blower waltz?  I hope to give mine a try tomorrow. Tom is crunching the dry food, can hear him chewing all across the room.... he thinks it is time for their midnight snack.

Cats fed, news on & I am heading to bed. Sweet dreams to all, hope June feels like checking in tomorrow, maybe just a computer acting up~~~   Larry, hope you have a better tomorrow. I got my report back from the Echo, not as good as I would have liked so will think about what I am willing to do. Tonight I do not want to think so will go to bed and plan to sleep in.... and wake up to snow! Sweet dreams and God Bless.

JaneS

I'm giving up and going to bed.  The snow hasn't started yet and I don't care if it never does.  Sleep peacefully.  Wake refreshed.  Tomorrow is another day.

Lloyd Hammond

well I am up checking things out, you girls are making me think about reading the freezer, Nancy is one of her crabber moods wont let me snuggle close at all. so i got up and came here. I do not have the chocklet syrup. I do how ever have some strawberry Revel swirl from wall mart. you all have me in the mood to go get some of it. then go to my recliner and see if i can catch some more ZZZZ's. see you all later.

Lloyd

Denver

It is snowing like crazy here again! I am really done with snow and cold temperatures! It is supposed to be 75* in Phoenix on Tuesday when we arrive.....boy oh boy that should feel really good!

I am sorry there still is no post from JUNE. 😢🙏

JANE, no mention of you going to the Amish Store so guess you changed your mind?

I hope EVERYFRIEND friend is sleeping well and enjoying sweet dreams!

Goodnight.

Jenn
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend.  I'm up, have my coffee and the doggies have had their pills.  I have to go get my shower and get ready for church as soon as I finish my coffee.

No, JENNY, I didn't go to the Amish store.  About the time I should have been getting ready to go, it started to snow really hard and steady.  So I ditched the plan.  As it turned out, it only lasted about 15 minutes and it never laid on the roads or sidewalks.  I could have gone.  But I don't take those chances any more. 

I make make a quick stop at someone's deli on the way home from church.  I need lunch meat for my sandwiches that I take to work with me.  However, if I can make it through Monday, there's a new store opening right on my main route to "almost anywhere".  It's owned and run by Mennonites and is supposed to have a very extensive deli and bakery.  I'm definitely planning on attending the Grand Opening.  All the baked goods will be made by the Mennonites right on the premises.  Sounds like a winner to me!  And all summer they will have farm fresh produce grown locally.  Ummmmm! Ummmmm!  I can almost taste it now!

Coffee's done.  I'm off to get dressed.  Enjoy your day!

Lloyd Hammond

Denver yes and I wish we were with you there.but when we get our R V repaired and back it is in the shop now but have not got a up date on progress for a couple of days, we are going back to a RV park in Tampa,and spend the rest of the winter there. It is snowing here right now like craze and also blowing out of the north best I can tell in the dark and inside. I will get out as soon as is light enough and feed the cattle. and come back and be a couch jockey today. maybe fiend a good western movie to watch. hope everyone has a good day just as they like today.

Lloyd

Lloyd Hammond

JaneS is almost impossible to get here before you anymore,you are communally here last and first every day, you need to slow down and relax a bit. fiend you a man to snuggle with and relax. Have a good day.

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Bright sunny day out this morning. We had a light dusting of snow last night not worth starting the music to dance with the snowblower though.

Yesterday I did accomplish jobs that I am not really fond of.....cleaning the fridge and the oven. This stove has a self cleaning oven and I would rather have the manual one as I can get it cleaner than what this self cleaning does.

Today, we need to take some ashes away to the dump then the day is ours. I may have to check in on the neighbour as she is sick with a dandy cold!! I don't go over as I don't want to bring it home to Kyle. This new med lowers his immune system.

Shirley, YES! If I hold on one part???(Don't know the name of it....sort of like skid steer, it will swing me around! First time I did it I really had to keep my feet under me.

Better get going, I slept in  this morning :)

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Amy

Shirley, this is what would happen if we had robins here at the moment.
Jimmy Dean

Gloria

Good morning everyone. Sun is shining but it is cold and I cannot seem to get warm, even turned the heat up. Feel like I have something in my right eye and it keeps watering. Started bothering me yesterday in the late afternoon. Hard to read anything so I will not be replying to anyone. Just heard the snow will start about 7 tonight and the rush hour in the morning will be treacherous. Hope my son stays home. He has a hill to go up leaving his house and he might not be able to make it up with the company van.

By noon yesterday the roads were all just wet froing snow. From what I just heard about the storm tot it will be a fluffy snow so pile up higher than the wet snow of yesterday. Maybe that is why the said 12 inches of it.

Have a good day.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We will be in the mid-70's this afternoon and there is a 100% chance of rain around 5 pm.  Otherwise it will be a cloudy day.  I have had a couple of very tired days where I didn't feel like doing anything, including using my iPad when in my easy chair.  I am not sure today is going to be any better.  I had a very good nights sleep but just getting ready to face the day has left me tired (same old story).  I don't seem to be making any progress for recovery but will continue to be optimistic that better days are ahead.  I have read the postings since yesterday but am going to pass on individual comments once again.

Lloyd Hammond

well it is still snowing, real fine and light. not much depth about a little over 1", but the wend is strong out of the north.I don't know who is right north of us to blame it on. oh well I will get up enough nerve to get out and feed the cattle after while. have a great day. dose not look like we will get enough to make snow cream so I guess AMY wil have to do the honers for us and tell us how good it is.

Lloyd

JaneS

Nice church service, nice coffee hour after with good conversation. 

Came home and saw to the doggies needs and put some things away.  Now it's almost time for lunch and I'm ready for that.  Our snow is supposed to start here around 1 and continue for about 7 or 8 hours.  That could be trouble.  Like I said before, I wouldn't mind if Mother Nature changed her mind and dumped it on the other side of the mountain!

I have a whiny dog under the desk telling me she's ready for a snack.  So I guess I'll go get my lunch and give them a snack.

LLOYD, if there was a man around here to snuggle me, he'd have to go home before bed time.  The doggies have been my bed mates for  most of their lives and I don't think they'd like it if someone tried to take their spot.  Come to think of it, I'm not sure I'd like that either. 

Have a good day everyfriend!

Shirley

It has been such a peaceful day, sun is shining so bright that even with our chill index below zero, the snow is melting. Not going to gas up the snow blower, got maybe 2" here. I got up about 5:00 am, had a bowl of oatmeal & 2 slices of toast & went back to bed, slept until 10:00. Need to get in gear to do laundry & mop over these wooden floors. I really have neglected those duties lately.

Well, Father Dan reminded us that Ash Wednesday is this week so I'd better hurry up & finish off that box of Russell Stover turtles before then.... do have another box in the frig downstairs but will forget about it until Easter! The church was packed & running out the doors last night with folks like me that usually go early Sunday mornings. Sure glad we went last night, I'm in for the duration! Just plain lazy~~ :-[

Hope everyone finds their way to check in this morning..... anyone have time to tell the folks over in Photos that they are welcome to join us in here.... Since Jack announced he was "signing out", not many posting. He was the one that tried all the new perks with Windows 10 for video & photos, a big help to me.

Oh, Amy, I copied that robin to send a friend of mine. Every year we have a "first robin report"... I saw one out back yesterday so called her. Have to wonder where it is finding food today... probably like the one in your pic. I just burst out laughing when that scrolled by!

Guess I had better get busy, Sunday or not, when things need doing & the body is willing, just DO IT!

Gloria, was thinking about your kids & their "pioneer ways", you did something right! One started an orchard from scratch & the other homesteading in the boonies of AZ, how neat is that??? Takes courage to "build" a new life.