Random Image

Winging In Through a Storm

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

2023-11-28, 19:20:53
JeanneP: Now I seem to be able to get into some without it going back to 2016. I have been trying to get ahold of Junnee but see her posting but can find where, Just want her to know that I will again use the EM adress she shows on Here and write, Mine in still 

2023-11-08, 19:12:15
JeanneP: Will give that a try. Sound like should work

2023-11-02, 11:36:21
Oldiesmann: It's not the best solution but it's the only thing that will prevent the forum from thinking you haven't read anything

Soda Shoppe for March 1,2019

Started by so_P_bubble, March 01, 2019, 12:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mycheal

Online: 234 Guests, 11 Users (2 Spiders, 2 Hidden)  - Most Online Today: 285 -  Most Online Ever: 470 (November 14, 2018, 08:16:35 pm)
Users active in past 60 minutes: mycheal, Mary Ann, Cottoncandy, June Drabek, Shirley, Phillyfilly, RAMMEL, Vanilla-Jackie, Amy, Google, Baidu
Administrator, Global Moderator
Supposidly this indicates today June was here, maybe cannot post

mycheal

Online: 234 Guests, 11 Users (2 Spiders, 2 Hidden)  - Most Online Today: 285 -  Most Online Ever: 470 (November 14, 2018, 08:16:35 pm)
Users active in past 60 minutes: mycheal, Mary Ann, Cottoncandy, June Drabek, Shirley, Phillyfilly, RAMMEL, Vanilla-Jackie, Amy, Google, Baidu
Administrator, Global Moderator

Mary Ann

Mycheal, some of us have wondered if she has something "open" on her computer that prevents her from posting.  I think she still uses an elderly Mac that she just had repaired.  But it seems to me she would have contacted one of her sons for advice.

Mary Ann

Amy

Thank you Mycheal.  Now if we could see a post from June.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

Lindancer

Good evening, got my PJ's on ready for bed, but of course I had to check in here to see what is going on. To morrow is the first day of Lassies,(women's club in park) so will be a luncheon at the club house. I do not think I will make it, as they are saying coldest day of the year and high winds, Even though I have my push mobile, it s a little walk from the parking lot. I also would have to take my oxygen because of the cold. Next day is RH luncheon at Irish Pub, and then of course every
Friday is Homemakers.  That's my social life for the month.  I have not been out in a couple of weeks.

Jenny safe trip. 
Jane, I am anxious to hear about the new store.
I am glad to read there has been a sighting of June,  Must be computer problems
I am just going to say Good Night to all Larry, Amy, MaryAnn and Marilyn and all my other cyberfriend.  Taffy is already in bed waiting.  I think it is 15 degrees, so will be pulling the covers up high.Carol and shirley, Marilyne see you to morrow

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

RAMMEL

At 10:22 Junes name is no longer on the list as here. This might be an indication she logged  off. Keep an eye open to see if she comes back on.

The list showed June as Viewing the .xml  --- What is that?

Mycheal - If a person doesn't log off, but leaves the site (as shutting down at night), will the name remain on the list?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

JaneS

I seem to remember one time when JUNE told us that she'd been able to read but couldn't post and then another time that her big computer wasn't working and she had not been able to post from her laptop/tablet whatever it is she has.  She also said once that she had been feeling bad and was just reading from her laptop/tablet but not posting.  I hope that's not the case.  I'd rather her computer would be ill than June herself.

This day is over not and I'm going to bed.  It's been a bet stressful but ended on a pretty good note. 

I was mistaken about the new store opening or they had come complications and set it back a day.  Anyway, it's tomorrow and, GLORIA DE I'll be sure to report.  I don't go to work until 11 and I'm going to try to get going early and visit them before I go to work.  I know I won't feel like going after and I'm really curious to see what they have. 

I wish you all a GOOD night and may God bless us, every one!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Denver

GOOD EVENING from Sun City Arizona.  We arrived here safe and sound. My daddy sure is not doing well at all.  He looks like a shriveled up little OLD man! 😢. It has been just over two months since were here last and the change in him is shocking.

We left our house a half hour earlier than we thought we should.....good thing we did as there was a accident on our way they slowed us down a good half hour or more.  Then when we got to security there was another BIG delay.  It seemed to be caused by a lack of TSA Agents.  We always have TSA Approved on our birding passes, which means we would not have to take our shoes off.....we always seemed to sail right through security.  Oh, and we would not have to take our iPads out of the bag.....well today we had our bag pulled aside because we did not remove the iPads.  It took over a half hour before they checked the bag.....the bag before us had 12 baby bottles with water in them and they tested each one of them individually.  So by the time we caught the train out to the gate the plane was already loading....  I am in a wheelchair so they took us right away, but we were still more than half way back in the plane.  The flight was delightful and it was SO green as we got closer to Phoenix.  A beautiful sight! 

I feel better to read that it appears Our June has been logged in.  I do hope that means that she is OK and just not able to post for some reason.  IF you are able to see this, please know that you are missed terribly!  I sure wish you could let us know you are OK.  HUGS❣️

Pleasant dreams to EVERYFRIEND!

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Amy

Good morning everyone.

Goodness, tis -30°F this morning, no lingering outside for sure today. Taking hubby to physio then stopping to see when the garage can do an oil change , spark plugs and maybe change the transmission fluid also.

Need to do some cleaning and get bread made. We will be losing our power again on Thur while they complete the new lines.

Jenny, I am sorry to read about your Dad. Plus the delaying time you had at the airport. All stressful situations.

Gloria, where are you? Hope you are ok.

Jane, I would love to go with you to the store.I would imagine they will have a lot of things that one wouldn't find in any other store. Wonder do they cure their own meats?

Better get a move on.

Enjoy your day everyone.

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend.  This is going to be a short greeting because I want to go get my shower and get dressed before the boinger goes off to feed the doggies.

I slept better last night than I have in a long time and I feel better this morning.

JENNY, I'm sorry to hear about your father but I guess that's what we all have to look forward to when we reach our 90s.  Life changes but he's had a lot to face in the past few years. It's so nice that you can be there for him when he needs you.  You're a good daughter.

It's 11º right now and not supposed to get above 22 today.  Brrrrrr!  Not as cold as where AMY is but too cold for me!  Then this coming weekend we are supposed to have temps in the 50s.  Go figure!  The weather is stranger every day!

I'm off to the showers!  Have yourselves a great day full of the love of family and friends!  Make it your own in every way.

JUNE!  If you look in today, we sure do miss you!

phyllis

Good morning, Amy and Jane.  You are our early birds and it is always nice to be able to see your names when I greet the new day.  I just wish that today did not include a dental appointment for me for a broken tooth.  That probably means a crown is going to be necessary.  Oh, well, it is what it is.

Jenny, I'm sorry to hear about your dad but I know he is glad to have  you there with him in AZ. 

I hope so very much that we hear from all our friends, including June.  Must admit that I am worried about her long absence.

Stay warm and well, Everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Lloyd Hammond

Good Morning everyone. Hope you all have a great day planned and it works out like you want. me I just take it one day at a time and just do not plan a lot to get done anymore, every one are going in such pace now days I can't keep up so do not try.I burnt the candle on both ends in years past but no more.
when I was young I would sometimes go with out sleep three or four days at a time with out it or at best 1 or 2 hours over the steering wheel. now i am so wore out 5 or 6 hours is a day with Nancy watching me keeping me awake HA HA HA.

Lloyd

Shirley

I'm here as well and so eager for that new store to open, Jane, would love to have one like it here! I was "born to shop!"  :thumbup:

Aw, Jenn, so sorry to hear your father has taken such a down swing, I watched my father do that after Mother died. He just gave up and did not keep his muscles strengthened enough to hold the bones in place. A hip broke standing with his feet planted on the floor & twisted his body and the bone snapped. We had all "preached" to him about exercising by sitting on a chair, any way possible, but he didn't want to. It is so sad to watch someone give up but I believe they reach a stage where all we can do is hold their hand and comfort, love and make the days as peaceful and happy as we can. Remind him of the fun times you had with him growing up, what a good father he was. Not easy and advice is cheap, as they say, hard to try to think happy with a lump in your throat. Hugs and tears for these days.

Lloyd, I am another that used to get by with only a few hours sleep but not working anymore. I need my sleep and naps and hate to be rushed... but I still love to GO!

Good morning Phyllis... are you doing better except for that broken tooth?  My stomach did a flip at that job....hope you have a dentist you are comfortable with, poor guys, everyone dreads seeing them.  :tissue:

Amy, I'm not making bread but did run to the store yesterday when a friend said she bought a 6 lb + size chicken to bake/roast..... sounded so good I can hardly wait to get it on. This one is slightly under 7 pounds & I do have my mother's old cast iron Dutch oven to bake it in. I can picture hers coming out with the skin stretched tight, golden brown & smelled so good. Trouble is, I never took time to watch how she fixed them. (another boo-hoo). I will see if my ancient cook book recommends what temp.... I've baked plenty of turkeys over the years but never a chicken!
I just realized that this is Ash Wednesday... that chicken will not hit the oven until tomorrow!!! BIG boo hoo!

Well, cats waiting for breakfast, Callie & Tom had to go out for a few minutes, they didn't leave the pool area so came back in to use the litter box....  :bonk:  :dontknow:

Gloria

JOY  got your message.

OK Everyone, Joy sent me June's  Son's address. I did email him and hope he will answer if he is not too busy.
pastor@sbcwestminster.org

I know we are all worried about her and pray she is OK.

RAMMEL  I never sign out and shut my PC down every night. Something I never thought of doing I just finish here in the SS and go on to different things.

JENNY  Good thing you left early for the airport. Sorry you found such a big change in your Dad. Being in constant pain sure does not help.

AMY  I am here, just late. I did not look see how cold it is here this morning, I know it is well below freezing.

JANE  the weather this year is weird all over. Saw on the news earlier them shoveling snow in northern CA. away from fire hydrants. That after the record breaking rain out there this winter. Hope you get to that store and it is everything you hope it is.

LLOYD  we did a lot of foo things when we were young. I think now we are paying for it.

Have a good day

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. It is going to be sunny all day with a high in the low 50's.  I just want to check in this morning.

Gloria

Just got an email from Dori, June's DIL.

Hi Gloria,
I know how much my dear mother-in-love enjoys your group. She has been quite ill this past week, in bed, and unable to access her email. I am with her now, and I read your email to her. She sends her love and appreciation for your concern.

Thank you so much for your friendship to her... I know she loves all of you very much.

Blessings,
Dori Drabek
"He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler."  Psalms‬ ‭91:4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Sent from my iPad

Amy

Gloria, thank you so much for passing this on. Prayers for a speedy recovery for June..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

I came home from work exhausted and I wasn't even going to check here before I rested but I'm glad I did.  It's so good to hear from Dori and I'm so sorry that JUNE is under the weather.  I know she's in a good place and is getting all th care they can give her.  God keep her in your care and, if it's your will, send her back to visit with us soon.

Amy

Joy,thank you for your help also in getting information on June.
Jimmy Dean

Lindancer

Good evening.  I am just so cold, cannot seem to get warm to day.
Jenny so sorry to rad about your day. prays and a more hugs.

Also pleased to hear something about our June, but so sorry to know she is not well. And extra big hug from me.  Good to know she has family so close.

Gloria, thanks for checking

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Shirley

Thank you, Gloria, for contacting June's family.... I'm glad Dori could read your messages to her. I think OUR world is in a very sad period because of our age but also because of the hate and mistrust of the times. We can't stop growing old and reaching the date we all live for, that last day on earth. 

I feel a real joy that when one of our classmates was told he had 6 months to live, we decided we would have his wake while he could enjoy it. He was delighted knowing how many friends would make the effort to celebrate his life. Three years later he is still alive, only God knows when our time is up and with great admiration for my classmate, he is grateful for the extra years, not bitter because of a mis-diagnosis, and even more pleased that we didn't wait until he was gone to visit him.

June, if someone is reading this for you or if you are lurking and don't feel like talking (typing), without doubt, you are loved and missed. God is with you day and night, HE loves you, I know you BELiEVE. Hope you feel up to visiting with us soon.

I wrote this right after you posted, Gloria, but forgot to post. Got busy & here it is supper time. Cats have been fed but not Shirley.  Hope everyone had a good day... and maybe Janie will cheer us up with details about that new store!

JaneS

Sorry, I've done nothing but "lollygag" ever since I got home from work.  I'm still very tired and I'm going to bed.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.

I haven't even felt like reporting so I'll tell you about Davy's Fresh Market tomorrow.

Good night my friends and a special Good Night to you, JUNE.  God be with all of you!

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Woke with a kaaa thump this morning, Jesse fell out of bed!Once I am awake no going back to sleep.

Today is another planned power outage to hopefully complete the new lines. We will put the generator on, it is wired into the house.

Jane ,would love to hear about your new store. Hope you got some quality sleep and wake up well rested.

Shirley, I did get bread made, I used some of the whey from the yogurt .

Larry..good morning. Easy goes the day.

Gloria de, hope you warmed up. Not nice being cold.

Gloria, -22° F here this morning, weather report is it is to warm up this coming week. Snow crunches under your feet.

Phyliss, dentists are not my favorite place to be but when necessary we do go..

Prayers for all..

Enjoy your day everyone..
Jimmy Dean

JaneS

Good Morning Everyfriend!  I did wake up feeling somewhat better from a good sleep.  Don't know why it got me so bad yesterday.  All I wanted to do was sleep.

I did get to DAVY'S before work and it's a gorgeous store.  It's squeaky clean and the produce is displayed so that you can make choosing what you need and easy job.  Their on premises bakery did themselves proud with the pies they had....large family size and individual.  They had rolls and bread and cupcakes and cookies,whoopie pies and almost anything you'd want and they were giving away a free sticky bun.  There was an aisle with all kinds of spices and one with candy.  They had hoagies already made up and they would make them as you wish if you asked.   The deli was well stocked and had almost anything you could want or need. 

This store is on my regular path from my house to and from almost anywhere I go in town.  Almost forgot, they have a dairy case with all the regular stuff.  I'll be making frequent stops at this one. 

I noticed that they have a very nice covered patio with tables and chairs on one side and I'm guessing there will be local fresh produce in the bins and shelves on the other side all summer. 

Do you all feel like you've been there with me?  I was thinking of all of you!

Today I'll be finishing the bill paying, changing my bed and cooking a decent dinner.  The rest of the day will be filled with "odds and ends" and also some of "this and that".  Enjoy your day Everyfriend!  Make it yours.

P.S. AMY, it doesn't sound like Jesse got hurt when he fell off the bed.  I worry about Mickie doing that because she's so restless at night and she really likes the edge!

phyllis

Not my favorite place either, Amy, but it went better than expected.  He was able to take the broken part of the tooth (which I had saved) and "glue" it back in.  It was expensive but I didn't have to have a crown...which I was afraid of.  So all is well for now and I celebrated as soon as I got home with a cup of tea and a nap. ;D

I loved reading about your new DAVYs store, Jane.  And, I'm envious.  It sounds like just the place I would really enjoy.

I'm relieved to get some news about June by way of Gloria.  I'm sorry she has been too ill to post a message to us but grateful that Dori is with her and has let us know what is happening.  June is such a fighter..I pray she can come back from this latest set-back.

Shirley, you sounded to me as if you were a little down yesterday.  I hope today you will be back to your usual bright and "upbeat" self.  Slow down and be good to yourself.  You deserve some TLC.

Sun is shining but it is a little nippy out there.  It should warm up by the time I have to go get my hair cut.

I haven't said this for awhile.....MAKE it a good day, Everyone!
phyllis
Cary,NC

larryhanna

Hi Everyone on a beautiful sunny day with expected temps in the low 60's. Just checking in once again today as am very weary this morning even though I had a good night's sleep.  Scott was here last night for several hours and will be back this evening. Joy and Gloria, thank you both for helping us here something of our beloved June.  Dori, thanks for getting that information to Gloria.  This group has a tendency to worry a lot when there is silence from someone who has been a frequent poster and your MIL has been for many years.

Joy

Good morning.  I am just marking my place.  Too early for any special news. I am moving very slow this morning.  It is pretty sunshine, but oh, still so cold.

Larry, good to see you here already this morning.

Jane, that store sounds so neat.  Sure wish I was closer, although we do have a couple Amish farmers markets not too far from me where we got to.  But, the are different than just a regular Amish market.  The farmers markets have non-Amish vendors, also.

Will check back later in the day.   Enjoy your day.  Glad to hear the news from June and sure hope she is feeling lots better today.

Joy
BIG BOX

Gloria

Good morning everyone. one on the coldest ones this season. 10° but feels like -1°. right minus 1. I sure am glad I do not have to go out in it.

SHIRLEY  your old classmate had the love and visits from friends while alive. That is better than a wake after God took‫  him home tell my family I want no wake. I rather people visit when I can enjoy them.

AMY  the sun has been nice the last couple of days and you can see in places where the snow melted but not by much. With the temperatures so cold the sun isn't doing much to warm us up.

JANE  wow would I love a store like the new one you have. Looks like it will be your favorite place to shop id the prices are right.

Better go have my breakfast before it is time for lunch.

Have a good day.

JaneS

I didn't zero in on all the prices at Davy's yesterday but I took the slip for the two things I bought out of my wallet today.  A half pound of deli sliced honey ham was 1.49 and a 4 oz. package of cream cheese was 1.45.  I'm not sure is the cheese price is good but I KNOW the ham price is good for around here.

Joy

Jane,  I did look up the website for the Davy's Fresh Market  and from the pictures,  it looks like such a nice store.

I noticed that they had a good amount of the bulk seasonings, spices, and all the usual  bulk items,  And, the produce looked beautiful.  It  did remind me of the Amish markets that I have been to. 

There is one in Cockeysville, right off of I-83.  And, the one in Shrewsbury and of course, there is Roots Market in Manheim and the Green Dragon.  Those two are big inside and outside markets....not necessarily Amish markets, but do have a lot of Amish vendors.  I do like the one in Shrewsbury.  The produce stand there looks a lot like the one in the picture of the Davy's store. Is it not necessarily an Amish store?  It sure does look like a nice place  the plans for then greenhouses sound nice also.  And, nice that it looks like they will have a nice area to eat outside.   I think the price for your ham was good, and was the cream cheese in bulk form or a package?  I think it was probably a good price, because a package of Philadelphia cream cheese is only 3 oz. and I think I paid a little moren than what you paid.  Anyway,  I know it sure looks like a place where you will enjoy going.

Joy
BIG BOX