Random Image

twins

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:12:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 1,2018

Started by so_P_bubble, January 01, 2018, 02:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halkel

It has been quite a night.  First Steve and now Jeanne Lee.  They finally found him a bed in an ICU across town.  My Granddaughter has called several times giving us updates and it doesn't sound too good.  She said doctors say next 72 hours will tell.  He (doctor) said right now it is 50 50.  My Daughter, Steves wife, said that he is starting to respond to his meds and they have his fever down and he is somewhat coherent, he will answer questions.  Thanks to all of you for your prayers.

June, yes this is the SIL who does so much for Babs and I.  He is a good man. 

I am off to bed and hopefully some sleep.

Night, God Bless and Sweet Dreams

Denver

🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  Thank you Jenny and Bubble.  I just kept trying last night and I found it.  Such sad news or our dear friend...sad for us but happy for her.  She is in good hands!

I probably slept better last night than I have in a month.  I think it's the "heat wave" we're experiencing.  The temps are up into the 20s and it almost feels like Spring.

HAL, im happy to hear that Steve is being cared for and prayers continue for him.

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Praying for miracles for both Hals sil and Jeanne Lee..
Hal glad to hear  he is holding his own.

Waltzing with the snow blower tuckers me out and I slept in again. Temp has also warmed up here to Jane +8 ° F here this morning.We are having a heat wave too :thumbup:

Finished all but the binding on the doggie quilt and those that quilt will understand when I say I don't wish to do that one again. :)

Better get ready to meet the day

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  It is going to be a truly beautiful day as nice an sunny and going to get up to around 70 degrees.  This is going to be a very busy morning as Pat has an appointment at the pain clinic.  Then we will go to the Credit Union to have the money wired to pay off our house mortgage--no more house payments!  Then if Pat feels up to it we will go to Great Clips so she can get a haircut.  Wednesday is senior day and you save $2 over the regular cost.  While she is there I will go across the street and get some cash from the ATM and make a quick stop at Walmart for a couple of items.  This evening, as I said yesterday, we will go to the Church for the Wednesday night dinner.  After Pat's doctor's appointment yesterday we decided to stop at the Pizza Hut for the Tuesday evening buffet and more specifically just to say hi to our son.  He was busy so we had little time together but got a nice hug as we left.  He and Jennifer will be coming out to the house after dinner.

Joy, thanks for the info on the mugs that your son has collected over the years.  I would be surprised if he doesns't have a few of the Toby type mugs.  Here is a link to a site that shows the Toby mugs:  https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=toby+mugs&qpvt=toby+mugs&FORM=IGRE

June, that is a terrible situation with the mudslides out in California.  The last I saw 13 people had been killed.  They showed a young 14 year old girl who had been recused from the mud when one of the firefighters heard a faint noise as they were searching for survivers and investigated.  She thought she was going to die.  I hope you get to attend Gary's Bible study this morning. 

deAngel, I have had to use that device for breathing years ago when I had the heart surgeries and it wasn't easy to get that little ball up in that tube. This morning Pat used the ice and took a half pain pill before she got out of bed. 

Hal, I will certainly include Steve in my prayers as that conditions sounds very serious.  I understand hospitals are just overloaded now with flu patients along with their regular case load.  Glad they got him into ICU where he will get the care he needs. 

Jane, glad you had a good night's sleep last night.  That sure makes one feel better.  No sun bathing now!  :)

Amy, was there something special that made the doggie quilt more difficult that normal?  I know that after Pat finished hand quilting the king size white on white quilt she said never again would she do a king sized quilt. 

Jenny, is your son's place of residence or his golf club in danger from the mudslides? 

Carol

Quilts -- I made a binding for a queen-sized quilt yesterday and even that is just too huge anymore.  Both the iron and little space heater were "on" and that caused a power failure - it happens in this house.  My mistake.

I have to call for hair appointments here one hour ahead of when we want to be in the shop.  Nothing like that makes sense to me - a waste of time and motion particularly for those who answer the phone in the shop.  Organize the place.

Hal:  Sincere prayers for your SIL Steve to recover totally. 

Jenny:  One of our sons works on University ave and the staff stood by windows to watch the funeral procession - that took place at Cherry Hills.  This idea of a mentally ill person having all that firepower -- I can't go on. 

Amy:  I never thought running the snow blower was a dance - it seemed pure grit.

Yesterday was the monthly genealogy class on DNA - more science that I needed. I started to count the number of times the young speaker said "So" before every sentence.  So, you know, and so forth.   

Don went to a lecture on China and had to leave because of outside noise blocked everything for him.  Other than that, we will try to get back to exercising again and my allergy headaches are lessening.  Rain today may be helpful.

Larry:  No more house payments for you and Pat!!! Hooray!   

Thinking of Jeanne Lee and thankful that her son is by her side.   

phyllis

I am hoping and praying that Steve has improved overnight, Hal.  I woke up thinking about him and Jeanne Lee this morning.  So many hard things to face right now

So much warmer here yesterday and today.  I hope to get out and enjoy it this afternoon.  I have to get my hair cut, go to the library to pick up a book that I have had on hold for a long time, and perhaps we will eat dinner out since we have been housebound for so long.

Please stay well, everyone.
phyllis
Cary,NC

Gloria

Good morning everyone, another night sandman skipped me till about 3 this morning. I hate nights like that.

LLOYD  in this building not many have smiles but I give then one of mine. Sun is shining here so that makes the day a good one.

LARRY  we are happy here to get above 32°. The warmer days now here are the the “January thaw”. Even a bit above freezing feels warm. Rain due this coming week end, up to 4 inches. Too much but if it was snow that would be up to 4 feet.

JOY  34° here now but better than the 4° of just a few days ago. Every day lately one school or another is closed because pipes burst from the cold. Most schools are very old and cost too much to repair and no money for new ones. Would have been better to keep them updated when they started to crumble.

JUNE  like your greeting yesterday. You must be feeling much better, great.

HAL  I know ho bad Strep throats can be. My older son was on the verge of rheumatic heart as the result of one. The doctor told us to keep him in bed and off his feet and was at the house every morning to check him out. I will add Steve to my prayers. Is he the SIL who is always there to help you?

MARY ANN  sorry I do not know where that folder is. I do not check out other forums in S&F

JENNY  some of the schools here are very old and never been kept up with repairs. Ceilings falling, walls peeling and all that.

JANE  like you I have no idea how to fine the folder about Jeanne Lee.

BUBBLE  thanks for the link. Jeanne Lee has been a help to every one of us at one time or another.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Mary Ann

Gloria, go to Bubble's post 182 (above) for the link to the folder about Jeanne Lee. 

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Good afternoon, Gloria I too, am smiling as the sun has stayed out all morning, and now into afternoon. The other morning it did get down to 2.

Larry, Hope Pat starts to feel better.backpain is no fun.My spinal stenosis
has been acting up, but I think this weather  has a lot to do with it.  Our Pizza Hut, has become a walk in clinic. It was on the Traffic  Circle, after they widen it so it is a double lane one. The first month there were 14 accidents in it.  Pizza Hut was about 150 yards  east of it, 3 cars hit it within a years, the last time the  car nearly went through it, Just lucky it happen about 2AM.  After that the company decided that was it.

Carol, last year I really got into genealogy. It took me 6mos. but I went into Male side of the family, I got back to 1742. I made up books with pictures and history of family for my grandchildren for Christmas. Of course they also got a check. My one granddaughter wrote me and called me how happy she was with it, the boys thanked me, and just said they enjoyed reading it.  I now am going to work on the female side, I have so much information on grandmothers, but I found it was harder to go back on, as the names kept changing as the married.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Carol

Gloria de:  Your work on the family history is one of the nicest gifts ever.

When a traffic circle was installed near daughter's home, they had so many crashes---because of the arrogance of "me first" drivers.  In Europe, especially Sweden - it was so pleasant because the drivers followed the rules.  Interesting to read about all those mishaps.

My friend has Spinal Stenosis and she has a shot every few months.  She does a lot of stretching exercise daily.  It sounds like a constant care is needed just to function.   :grouphug: 

GrnMt.Gal:  Minus 25, that is really freezing.  I hope everyone keeps their power.  Now to look up the town of Wells. 

June Drabek

It is certainly quiet in here today. I'm sure we are all concerned about Steve, Hals' blessed son in law, and our own Jeanne Lee who is failing in health..

Ken, I am so glad you are there with your mother.I feel your presence alone is going to give her added years with us. I have two sons, probably your age, and I know how their presence helps me to plunge on ahead in life.

Hal, I know what Steve means to you. He is the son you needed in your life, and I am so thankful you had him. May it be God's will that Steve will recover and come back to enjoy a long and happy life time.

My friends.....all of us here.....we are truly Blessed by a loving Father to have this family association that we can enjoy. There are so many lonely people in this world that have never had this particular relationship we have here.I treasure it daily  and I truly love each and every one of you individually. You are all so unique, and as a group of believers we are so strong in prayers. God has given us a wonderful gift. Lets keep it as long as we can, and pass it on to those that follow us. O.K. ? Amen.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Lindancer

Good evening

June, I just wanted to come in to night, and tell you we all wish you were our next door neighbor, in apartments  or houses, so we could give you one big hug.  As others have wrote before you are and inspiration to us old.  No matter what our age

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

halkel

Evening All.  Your prayers are working, Steve has improved considerably and now there is talk he may be able to come home on Friday.  Daughter sent us a picture of him tonight, he must be feeling much better.  They decorated his mask and gave him two ears to make him look like a cat.  Thanks all of you for the prayers, please keep them up.  And Gob Bless all of you.

I saw my doctor today and he said to come back in the spring.  So that was good news.  I am still beat even though I slept good last night.  I am going to bed pretty quick so I can get up early to make mens breakfast and bible study,

Nite, nite, God Bless and Sweet Dreams

JaneS

Good night my friends!  God bless and keep you and yours in his loving care.

Lloyd Hammond

hello everyone. I am up for a dry mouth, that darn breathing Machine dos that to me. back to bed and try to catch more of Jane's ZZZE's. i have been feeling punk lately just feeding the cattle and catching Naps while watching westerns on down stairs T V and stoking fire in fire place. sweet dreams to all. I am sadden to read all the sad news. but life goes on. good night back to bed for me,

Lloyd

Amy

Good morning everyone..

We have rain here,so that means ice every where! Glad we don't have to go anywhere. Yesterday turned out to be our travelling day ,we had a lovely sunny day and it got that warm I had to take my coat off. We both managed to find what we were looking for in shoes/boots. We just got home and then the rain started.

Today I need to bring wood in and I want to raise the snowblower up a bit as it is set to pavement.

Hal, happy to read Steve has improved. Sounds like you are also doing ok if your Dr doesn't want to see you until Spring!

Larry,what a nice feeling to have that mortgage paid off!! Hugs are the best gif of all!! I had to applique the eyes and nose on each pup, it really wasn't too bad and I just hope it brings comfort to a child.

Gloria,temp is 37° F here at the moment, guess this is our January thaw.

Carol, that is one part of quilting I really enjoy, putting the binding on. I sit at night watching tv and hand sewing it on.

Better get a move on here.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JaneS

Good morning Everyfriend!  I have a dentist appointment this morning.  I almost forgot it but the nice young lady called and reminded me Monday.  It's just a checkup so I'm not in dread of it. 

This afternoon, my friend and I are going to the movies to see that Winston Churchill one.  It's called DARKEST HOUR and I think its going to be pretty good. 

So that's my day!  I'm wondering if the reason I haven't been sleeping so well at night has something to do with all of you snitching my zzzzs?  You are aware that we are all supplied with our own zzzzs so I'd appreciate it if you would use your own first.  If that's not enough, then I'll happily share but please, look for your own.  Every sofa and easy chair comes with a built in supply and they multiply like hangers in the closet only better!

I guess I better get started on my dailies!  I wish you all a good day!  Keep warm!  Keep well! and keep happy!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. Our day is starting out with it being around 60 degrees and it will be cloudy all day.  Yesterday was a very nice day to be out and about.  We did accomplish all of the things I wrote about yesterday including paying off the mortgage on our home.  Neither Scott nor Jennifer made it to the dinner at Church last evening but Scott did come over around 8 and visit for a couple of hours.  Today will be my normal Thursday.  I will pick up my friend and we will go to coffee downtown.  I will then bring him home and go back to the Church for the Wisdom group.  That will be it for the day. 

Pat did not get good results from the pain doctor yesterday.  Since the shots haven't held they will not give her any more.  She has an appointment with the surgeon as wants to talk to him again before making a decision about whether to try surgery as he had told her before that surgery would address only a little of her problem since the spinal stenosis is so severe. 

Carol, it sounds like your classes yesterday were not satisfying. 

Phyllis, hope you enjoyed your dinner out last night.  When Pat has been in the house for several days she just needs to get out for a little while and we find that eating out is just about right to fill that need. 

Gloria, when I can't sleep I listen to an audiobook that is on my phone that is on the night stand.  I can set a timer for 15 minute increments so that when I fall asleep I don't have to hunt too hard to find where I left off hearing it.  I also set a new bookmark each time.  I find that usually will put me to sleep and if not it helps the time pass.  Glad you are getting a little January thaw.  That is a lot of rain you  are expecting to get.  It is too bad that schools have been allowed to deteriorate.  The county we moved from in Georgia had a wonderful school system and built new schools every year for the quickly expanding population.  It appears that the county I now live in has pretty good school.  However, I haven't visited any of them so that is just based on what I read in the newspaper. 

deAngel, I would also love to have a neighbor like June.  As I think about it I would welcome all of you as my neighbors. 

Hal, your news about Steve is certainly encouraging and hope he will be able to leave the hospital tomorrow.  The words you got from your doctor are what we all want to hear when we go for an appointment.  I know of at least three doctors I will not need to be seeing this year.

Lloyd, do you sleep with your mouth open?  My wife does and she has to keep a bottle of water by her bedside so she can reach it at night.

Amy, sounds like your timing in being out yesterday was very good.  That icy rain sounds bad.  I bet that pup quilt is really cute and a nice added touch.  My wife has a stack of pot holders that is her current project.  She is able to only spend a short time working on them and that is not everyday. 

Jane, I also apprecate getting the calls to remind me of appointments.  Some of the doctor's offices also send out e-mail reminders.  I hope you will enjoy the movie this afternoon.  For some reason my easy chairs didn't come with zzzzzs in them as never go to sleep in my recliner.  However, Pat's chair seems to have an over abundance of them and she usually uses some of them every afternoon and early evening. 

Gloria

Good morning everyone, 30° now at 7:30, much warmer that a week ago where it was with a below zero with wind chill. Just heard this afternoon will hit 50°. Our January thaw?

JOY  so many schools here had broken pipes but most schools here are old. The high school in Fall River, Ma. had pipe break Tuesday night and they showed on TV the water rushing out the doors and down the stairs and out the doors. That was not one of the old schools either.

PHYLLIS  with all the freezing temperatures we had here I felt housebound, too. I llove going outside to walk every day but it was too cold and stayed in. I would go down to check my mailbox and hardly anyone around to chat with either.

MARY ANN  I did see Bubble's post yesterday. So sad to read the message from Jeanne Lee's son.She has helped just about everyone here in S&F.

GLORIA de  it waas wonderful to see the sun shine all day yesterday. I went out and got some walking in and then sat on the porch enjoying sitting in the sun. Felt wonderful.  All that cold got to my back, too. No matter what I did it was painful.

JUNE  when I was without my computer for almost a month I re ally missed our Soda Shoppe family.

HAL  glad to see that Steve is improving and might go home tomorrow. I do know what a strep throat can do, I used to get them often.

LLOYD  hope your energy returns soon. No fun when you cannot get a good sleep every night.

AMY  glad you got out yesterday and found the shoes/boots needed.  WOW  you are having a heat wave. That is what we will be having the next couple of days, too.

JANE  that Winston Churchill movie did look good on the bits showed on TV. I do not think my sofa has any Zzzzz's in it. I lay on it every afternoon but have yet to find any. At least it gives my back a rest.

LARRY  several years ago I saw an orthopedic back  doctor and he told me there is no guarantee in back surgery and I could end up in a wheel chair the rest of my life. Others I have seen said I was too old, first one that told me that was more than 10 years ago. I know I will not get anymore shots in my back, never helped me.

Gloria

An oldie but goody

Grandma's Take on Modern Life
Some time ago, a loving grandson was talking to his dear, old grandmother about modern life. He asked for her opinion on everything that had been going on in recent years. His grandmother gave him a long look and said: "Well now, sonny. Let me see...

I was born before:
Television 
Frozen foods
Xerox
Contact lenses
Frisbees
The pill
There were no:
Credit cards
Laser beams
Ball-point pens

Clothes were hung out to dry in the fresh air.
Man hadn't walked on the moon.

Your grandfather and I didn't live together 'til we got married. There were very few single mothers.

I called every man older than me 'sir' until I was 25. After I turned 25, I still kept calling every man with a title 'sir'.

We were before gay rights, computer-dating, dual careers, daycare centers, and group therapy.
Our lives were governed by the Ten Commandments, good judgment, and common sense.

We were taught to know the difference between right and wrong and to stand up and take responsibility for our actions.
Serving your country was a privilege; living in this country was a bigger privilege.

We thought fast food was what people ate during  lent.
Having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with your cousins.

Draft dodgers were those who closed front doors as the evening breeze started.
Time-sharing meant time the family spent together in the evenings and weekends, not purchasing condominiums.
We'd never heard of FM radios, tape decks, CDs, electric typewriters, yogurt, or guys wearing earrings.

We listened to Big Bands, Jack Benny, and the President's speeches on our radios.
If you saw anything with 'Made in Japan' on it, it was junk.
The term 'making out' referred to how you did on your school exam.

Pizza Hut, McDonald's, and instant coffee were unheard of. We had 5 & 10-cent (5 and dime) stores where you could actually buy things for 5 and 10 cents.  Ice-cream cones, phone calls, rides on a streetcar, and a Pepsi were all a nickel.
And if you didn't want to splurge, you could spend your nickel on enough stamps to mail one letter and two postcards.

You could buy a new Ford Coupe for $600, but who could afford one? Too bad, because gas was 11 cents a gallon.

'Grass' was mowed.
'Coke' was a cold drink.
'Pot' was something your mother cooked in.
'Rock music' was your grandmother's lullaby.
'Aids' were helpers in the Principal's office.
'Chip' meant a piece of wood.
'Hardware' was found in a hardware store.
'Software' wasn't even a word.

We volunteered to protect our precious country... No wonder people call us 'old and confused' and say there is a generation gap."

This woman is 76 years old.

She was born in 1941.

Gives you something to think about, doesn't it? It just goes to show you how much life can change in one lifetime.

Amy

Wood kindling is in, snowblower raised and gassed up ready for the next dance ,yard cleaned up and vacuuming done...SEW TIME  :thumbup:

Larry, I think  congratulations in order on your new position as administrator...good choice !

Better go see what trouble I can get into :)
Jimmy Dean

Lloyd Hammond

AMY if you cleaned the yard with a vacuum cleaner it must be a big one and you surely be tired ? Have a great day

Lloyd

Denver

Yippee....I just read that you are getting a raise, JANE!
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

halkel

Good Afternoon.
The wind is blowing, the sun is shining and the temp is dropping and suppose to get down to 34 tonight.  Getting some of Tisie's, Callie's and Amy's weather. 

Went to Bible study this morning.  We had it at a different church, which has a cafe, and had an good study of Jesus arrest and trial before the priest of the temple.

Not to much going on around here.  Talked to my daughter a little while ago and she said Steve is still doing good and they have pushed back his possible discharge date to Saturday.  They were waiting on the infectious disease doctor to come in and do his exam (I think they are waiting on some cultures) and see if they can do away with the IV meds and go to pill form.  I am getting everything in abbreviated form, which I understand, hard to update completely.

Amy, hope that ice storm (rain) has stopped and you are not iced in.

Jenny I heard they good news to for WalMart, also bonuses too.
That ought to cheer folks up.

JaneS

My good neighbor across the street called me this morning when he heard it on the TV news.  I went to the Associates web site to verify and it's true.  I don't know how the raise will affect me.  The last time they raised the starting wage, everyone automatically got that amount in the form of a raise but it didn't mention that on the website.  However, it did say that everyone would get a bonus of $200.00 to $1,000. and that it will be based on time of employment.  I'm counting on a big one because I've been there longer than the guy who made the announcement. 

The fiscal year ends Jan. 31 so I'm thinking the paper work will be done in Feb. and we'll see the results in March.  Whatever it is, it's going to bulk up the INSULATION FUND! 

The movie was excellent!  The guy who played Winston Churchill did a great job! 

Shirley

I just got home after 3 days (2 nights) at a lake near where we used to live.  Had 2 beautiful days of about 5--60 degree temps (not at all normal for Jan in KS).... but TV warned of rain turning to snow/ice & dropping temps overnight.  They weren't kidding!!!  It was still near 50 degrees at midnight but bearing down from the NW was all that nasty weather... by 2:00 am the RV was rocking so hard from high winds I was afraid TomCat would throw up, thinking we were moving.  He managed to make a little mess before we got 5 miles from the house.  I did get much needed sleep, 11 hours & 33 min, so Fitbit told me.  BUT, the wind & rain turned to wind & ice, ice was on the inside of the windshield.  The rest of the RV was toasty warm, furnace works great. 

Had a problem when I went to unplug this morning..... did everything I could think of to open the door for the power cord... frozen solid as was that whole side of the RV.  I tried to call auto club, have paid for it for about 19 years & never used.... but I could hear their voiced & they could not hear me!  After a couple tries I called my son & HE could hear me.... advised me to bring a pan of water to a boil & pour it around that little door... worked like a charm (after spending about 2 hours freezing trying everything else). 

Not one of my brightest ideas, but all's well that ends well.  The cats have mellowed & don't run around looking out windows all night. Tiger wanted to lay her cheek on my cheek & Tom likes laying behind the calf of my legs... & I'm positioned on that king size bed so I can watch TV.  Had a couple nice days in the middle of winter so now to clean up all the mess.

I'm so sorry to read about Jeanne Lee's condition.... she is such a free spirit so will keep praying that God will do what He thinks best.  We will all join her some day and hope we can be as useful and fruitful as she has been in the time "until". 

Hal, glad to read your SIL is doing better.  I used to get strep throat all the time (after they started diagnosing it as such)... and would stop off at the doctor's office for a shot of penicillin & go on to whatever was planned for the evening (ball games or dances.. in high school).  Never took more than one shot & the fever would be gone as well as the sore throat.  I'm not sure why doctors quit giving shots of antibiotics but expect the pharmaceuticals prefer we take pills for a week or so???  You think???   

Had a phone call from a friend & my daughter so no time left to talk here... must go feed cats.  They went outside for a few minutes & back in, but haven't seen Callie Cat since I got back, need to whistle for her.  Be back later.  Hugs all around!  Shirley

Jane...   :thumbup:

June Drabek

This has been a rather unusual day for me.  Again, one of those days when I wished I could just stay in bed and sleep the day away. But I pushed myself up and out. The highlight was a lovely, loving email from my darling Dori. I did take three long walks during the day, slept about 3 hours this afternoon, but ready for a light supper and more bed and book and sleep.

I am so happy that Steve is doing better, and hopefully he can go home soon. I wish we could hear more of our Bis/Joan, and now our Jeanne Lee, also suffering with breathing problems. I am so thankful her son is with her, and hopefully he can get her located in a pleasant care facility.This is the time of our lives when family really comes in to the care picture. So I pray ALL of our members have loving family near by.

Time to have that light supper, so I will bid you all a very good night. God is as close as your breath, so breathe Him in and be thankful. I love you my buddies. June
As long as we are here, let's dance.

halkel

Quite evening here.  Just watched a little TV and opened the mail, just a bill and the usual junk stuff.

June, see you had, like you said, a quite day.  Rain must have stopped there since you got out for some walks.  Terrible about the mud slides and deaths.  I saw some pictures of the devastation. I cant help wondering why engineers can stabilize where they build those houses.  But I am not an engineer and more than likely talking through the top of my head.

Tomorrow I have the day off.  No appointments and the cleaning lady called and begged off until Monday so it will be quite around here. 

Our weather is turning very cold and the winds, which are still blowing, are like a sharp knife, cut right through you. 

Night, night, God Bless and Sweet Dreams

Oh, welcome home Tisie