Random Image

birthday party

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe for January 1,2018

Started by so_P_bubble, January 01, 2018, 02:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindancer

Good afternoon, almost 3PM. I have had one of those days, a pity party and I don't know why, All I have to do is look at my family pictures over my computer desk and feel sad, It too will pass, it always dose. I will have to go watch golf and knit a little. I am making finger less gloves for the two receptionist in the hematologist office. They have very,very long finger nails and cannot wear regular gloves.

June, I am sorry you do not feel well, but it is important you talk to other people.  If only for 10 min.

Am, I also am looking forward to Spring. Once Jan. and Feb. are out of the way, I feel better But March I know can be bad.

SAndy, our thoughts and prays are with you.

Gloria, Permits to build on the beach, is partly greed, as they get big taxis from those people who only stay nor more then 3 months out of the year.  Prays also for Regina.

Jane, Hope you get that battery soon.

Phyllis, when I was a kid, Shanes grocery would come to the house in the morning, to take my mother's order and late afternoon would be back.  My grandmother even called Swezey's Deptstore about a snow suit for me as she was not able to walk, they sent someone down to the house with 4 for her to chose from.   Krough or Dugan delivered the cakes, rolls and bread.    of course milk and eggs came with another delivery man.

Larry, I bet I would never recognize Augusta.  When we drove to Ala. (which was about every 3 months.) from Charleston, we would eat breakfast in a restaurant on the way I think it could have been the Greyhound Bus Terminal When we traveled in those days1945 there were not many restaurants on the highways.

Jenny, around Christmas the Instant Pot was sold out.

Maryann, Hope your shoulder is getting better.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

halkel

hi folks.  I am writing you from the hospital, I was admitted about two this morning,  seems I had a heart attack.  They are not sure how much damage has been done, but cardiologist said a second blood test came back much better than the first.  Seems that cough I have been having is not a cold but fluid build up in my lungs caused but my heart not functioning properly.  I am on drugs I've to try and get all the water out of my system.  My old breathing went to pot.  I run into the same thing as Steven, like to never found me a room.  Steve is home now and I'm not.

It was a long night.  And they finished processing and fussing with me about six this morning.  I just woke up from a long nap.

I dislike typing on this key do so I'll close this post out.

larryhanna

Thanks to Lloyd for sharing this comforting poem:

https://www.seniorsandfriends.org/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=541

Note:  scroll down after the link above loads and to increase the size to more easily read the text hold down the Control key and use your scroll key to increase or decrease the size of the text. 

Lloyd Hammond

Hall you take it easy behave your self. we do not need to lose anyone any time soon. rest well  and get well soon. I want to visit in the spring when we get to doing some traveling, want be in heaven with you but not too soon,weight a few
more years.

Lloyd

Joy

I am really behind getting into S & F today. 

I had a busy Sat. and didn't hardly get on the computer at all.  My grandson came to see me with 2 of my little great-granddaughters.  Addy is 5 and Kinsley just turned 3.  They hadn't been to get their Christmas gifts yet,  My grandson went down the road to McDonald's to  get  lunch.  I had told them they had to eat their lunch before opening presents.  They both ate    every bit of their Happy Meals.  I had gotten them several different kinds of books,  two being coloring books. So, we had a good time coloring.  I have a book case with a lot of little figurines that they like to rearrange.  So, they spent a lot of the afternoon doing that.  They are so cute and were so good.  I had also gotten them Walmart gift cards, so they were going to stop there on the way home to get a couple more things. 

Then, today, I got involved in a project that I have been putting off for a while, so that took up most of the day. 

So, I am just getting here. I was sorry to read the message from Jeanne Lee's son, but know it had been expected.  She will be missed.  So glad that her son and daughter were with her and she passed peaceably.

It has gotten cold again here, also.  After a couple days of almost 60º,  this cold isn't welcomed.  I get  an e-mail every month letting me know what my electric bill is  before I get the bill in the mail.  I was expecting it to be at least $200.  I have really been pushing the thermostat up quite often since before Christmas and I also did more baking than I usually do. So, I am more than pleased that it is $137.00 .  That is just about average for this time of the year.  Since I am on the north side of the building, my summer bills are quite low. As I don't get much sun at all,  I hardly use my A/C that much, so the summertime makes up for a couple of the colder months. 

Mary Ann,  I have been using the on-line shopping with Walmart,  like Larry and Pat do. I am more than happy with the service, and even though they show a lot of products, it really doesn't take me that long.  Everything is broken down into sections, just like the actual store.  Some take a little longer than others, but I can get it down pretty quick.  I can go to the website and  order things that I think about, and my list if saved until I get finished and ready to check out.  It is a lifesaver for me, as I just have a very difficult time walking the whole grocery store now.  I check with my son or DIL to see when they will be going to Walmart and then I reserve the time period for when they will be there and can pick it up for me.  My son lives about 10 min. from me and they have to go right by my place to get to the store. So far, it has all worked out great.

This day sure has flown by.  I did get a few things accomplished, but not as much as I had hoped.   See it is just about time for dinner.  Not sure what I will fix.

Hope everyone will have a nice rest of the evening.

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Prayers Hal for a speedy  recovery. Please don't  rush it as you know this cough has been with you a while.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

mycheal

Although these times seem dreary, hold onto the many  good memories. There are many Jeanne left  us all with, so many to hang onto, to sustain all.
Remarkable woman, downloaded some photos for me and chatted in length doing so.
Always  there and loved doing it among other things.
My Deepest Sympathy to the family .
Mycheal

JaneS

Hal, I was praying for you before you went to the hospital and now I've stepped it up.  I'm going to be in Texas in the Spring and was thinking I might take a ride south to say "hello".  Nothing definite and it will depend on my daughter's schedule.  Also, we have to spend some time in OKlahoma holding my new Great Granddaughter.  That comes first.

But listen to the drs and get healthy soon. 

I'm going to say "Good Night Everyfriend" right now just in case.  Take care of you all! God be with you!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

June Drabek

Mary Ann, i have a list printed out for ordering tomorrow, with delivery on Tues. I have been procrastinatng because just didn't have the energy but time is out. If I forget a few items, I order from Amazon, as they will deliver just one order. My Market is Vons and they require a large order if you want it delivered . but it is the best way to go for me.

I'm still trying to believe that our dear Jeanne Lee will no longer be posting here. She WAS Sr. net for years. She and Pat. I picture her in Heaven still smiling down on us with love and encouragement.

Jenny, thank you for your love. Today was better and I am back on a twice a day schedule with the albuterol, and it sure does help.

I am really concerned with our Hal. He has not been really well for weeks now. I wonder if what they are giving me would help him. Albuterol. Have any of you had this particular breathing treatment. It is best to learn about it, just in case.

Gloria, My prayers are going out for Regina. She is so young and so vital, I know she will be properly healed. God is watching over her. 

Amy..I'm learning that I am not so smart as I thought I was.Healing takes time, not when I think it's time to start whizzing around.

Amy, I've got the paddle right next to the door. even the the creek would have to come up to the third floor. Weird things still to happen.

Gloria de…thanks Sweetie, I'll do my best to keep the words flowing.

Hal…..Prayers are being said dear friend, and God is listening.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

CallieOK

Hal,  prayers and good thoughts coming your way.

Gloria,  prayers and good thoughts to your Regina, too.

Janie,  if you're going to be anywhere near OKC when you come to see your precious new great-granddaughter, be sure to let me know.

Son and I had a very productive "file cabinet work session" this afternoon.  He now knows how to find the location of a piece of property from the legal description.   :thumbup:

Sleep well, Everyfriend and have pleasant dreams.

Mary Ann

Hal, I'm sorry to hear you are in the hospital, but it is the best place for you.  It's good that the doctors found the source of your cough.

June, be sure you continue to mind your Ps and Qs so you can feel better.

I've been trying to find an obit for Jeanne Lee.  I think she lived in Corinth NY.  There are some newspapers in the area but so far I have found no obit.  I understand there will be no memorial service and I don't think it is necessary to publish an obit.  If I find one, I'll copy and post it here.  If anyone knows where to find the info, let me know.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Well, Hal, you threw a curve with that "cough turned heart problem".  I know we all hate to be told we need to take care of ourselves, but it's a fact!  I had a friend whose son kept telling his doctors that he had something wrong with his heart.... 40 years old & he had a heart attack.  His mother said his comment in the hospital was, "I told him so!"  Maybe you will get better care since they say it isn't "just a cold".  Prayers and know your family will be riding herd on you, keep us posted and get better fast.

Lloyd, that is such a touching piece, I certainly appreciated when you send it after Cas died.  You have a big heart.

June, my mother and my brother were given albuterol but I was not sure what it was for.  Mother had congestive heart failure but my brother had COPD.  As long as it makes you feel better I would not hesitate taking, but maybe ask the nurse what side effect you might could watch for.  I really don't know & never know how much we read on the internet is up to date.  Some papers I read are years old & much newer information is out... at least it was so when I was researching about my aortic valve replacement. 

We all worry about you & each other, I am still feeling very sad about Jeanne Lee tonight.  I always associate her image with waving the flag, she was patriotic to the core. 

Gloria, so sorry that Regina must go through radiation but "they" seem to have proved it's worth.  I can imagine the heart ache you feel not being able to be with her.  Hope Skype is working so you can see her for yourself. 

Jane, I can't remember what my last battery cost but don't think I ever had to pay $150.  Maybe it's been longer than I thought, but I put the heaviest duty one every time.... Sam's Club or Walmart, & they put them in free (or did then).  Good luck with the shopping.  My little Encore will be 5 years old this fall... same battery so guessing "any time".... and going to call my auto club (Allstate) tomorrow or Tuesday to find out why they could not hear me on my cell phone this week.  I called them twice & they couldn't hear ME but I could hear them... & called my son & HE could hear me.  No sense paying for it if they can't help when needed! 

Joy, I've been really impressed with my electric bills since I've been replacing all the light bulbs with LEDs.... little by little I think I have all done now.  I need to get a new shop light in the garage & one over the computer table in the basement.... but those lights are on a lot so want to replace fixtures & all with LEDs.  One of the comforting thoughts is they will last long enough I probably won't ever have to replace again. 

Mary Ann, Cas' mother did not want an obit in the paper or any service, but her sons still had a private service for family & few friends that they called to "invite".  Thanks for trying to find it, sometimes it doesn't get into the paper for a week when there's no service.

Going to start getting ready for bed early, takes a while to feed cats & visit with them.  Poor little Mama Callie would like to stay inside with us & tries to be so good, but I can't trust her out of my sight for fear she will want to mark her spot.  She has learned to purr & so grateful for the chance to come inside or follow me around when I'm outside. 

so_P_bubble