Random Image

Squirrel

Owner: RAMMEL
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:28:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photo Slide Shows and Home Videos

Started by Jeanne Lee, April 01, 2016, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelface555

Jack, Mimi was so afraid during the rain, wasn't she?  8)

jackwv

Patricia that was just a short clip, but we were out during a strong storm, and even the loud thunder did not bother her.  Notice also she spreads out like a frog to sleep.

Shirley

I got back to see a few of the videos, thank you Jack & Jean.... as far back as I went. Again, I couldn't remember my password to leave a message so hopefully I will get me orgnaized in the future. When the internet man was here yesterday I had to call my son to see if he could think of our security password so we could get the new modem back on. I finally found the paper & am going to make a copy of all those passwords & numbers this morning before forgetting again. Had it all on the computer that crashed but what good is that??? Seems to be one crisis after another in this house. Thank you for the videos & music.

Jean, my mother had the tall "music box" from her early years (she was born in 1903), looked like that one only was about a head shorter than I am. I could see into when the lid was up, but same oak wood. My brother came home with a small record player that played the thick records, same style case & oak wood as the one in your video. Brought back memories. Don't know what happened to her player. Thanks!

Jack, I have been getting fewer & fewer steps showing on my Fitbit, concerns the kids as when we first got them we "befriended" each other. The kids really compete but even after Andy's surgery he is getting twice as many every day as I do. Yesterday I outdid myself trailing the Cox tech around from basement to outside, more than twice as many steps as I've been getting all fall. I slept better last night & am thinking I am going to push myself a little more or I will not have energy to move around out camping. Glad you have Mimi to get you out, can you imagine how little exercise you'd get if she hadn't come into your life?  Besides, we love seeing the photos & videos of her and Oglebay. Atta boy, Jack!

jackwv

Shirley I do very little walking, especially with the weather.  My walk is a stroll, not brisk.  Fortunately Mimi just strolls ahead, and also had a good fenced in back yard.
Laugh when I read about your Fitbit.  I had played with a photo but no luck.  It was a clock and had little clips of a man in a recliner, and another at the computer.  My exercise is walking from one to the other.  :)

jackwv

Shirley with your family you would get a lot of help with this   

[attach name=fitbit+to+post.jpg type=image/jpeg]8156[/attach]

FlaJean

I wish I had a little grandson around to help me exercise. 😁

jackwv

The 12 days of Christmas, photos taken at Oglebay Park.

https://vimeo.com/144577618

Mary Ann

Jack, this is probably a silly question, but does Oglebay have a new scene every year?  I don't remember seeing this particular Twelve Days of Christmas before, but I'm not sure I should remember something for a year.  They do a very good job with their decorations, as we've seen for several years.

Mary Ann

Shirley

Jack, I managed to copy that cartoon clip to send my kids.... so funny!  Thanks.

Supposed to deliver my new frig tomorrow so maybe I can get things back in order. What a mess!  I've finally decided I will not have an ice maker ever again. I like the ice made with bottled water & that's what has gone out on every frig we've replaced the last 50 years...even though we replaced the ice maker in each several times. Not going to waste space in the freezer part with this new one, will make up cubes & put in a bin & they won't taste icky! Don't mess with old ladies!  ;)

jackwv

Mary Ann that is an old exhibit, but they moved it to a new location.  My photos were taken at the prior location, that had a better background.
Shirley would you believe I never has an ice maker, always made the cubes and put them into a container.  Now going back to the 30's we had an ice box but could never afford the ice.

SCFSue

Jack, thank you for posting the 12 Days of Christmas.  When I could still drive (had to give it up because of a fall and injury to my right leg) my son, his wife, Mother-in-law, and I would go to Callaway Gardens during Christmas and walk through their very extensive 12 days of Christmas display.  Callaway served cookies and hot chocolate at the end of the walk.  The displays were beautiful and certainly put us into a Christmas mood!

Sue

jackwv

Sorry about the injury, hope you can still get around.  I have no problem driving but just checked and Callaway Gardens are 800 miles and 12 driving hours.  Oglebay not as great a display, but 5 miles and 12 minutes.  I did do a youtube and they have a great, current tour of the Christmas lights at Callaway, worth the look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKKkmWrsNTY

Mary Ann

Jack and Sue, Callaway Gardens was very nice, but the display was so far from the car that I could not get a good view of the figures.  Maybe if I saw another display, it might be different. 

I think we have nothing like either Callaway or Oglebay here.  Many neighborhoods do have elaborate displays but I'm not going to ask Tom to go to the other side of town to see them.  I'll try to be content with what my neighbors put up.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

http://www.meijergardens.org/calendar/christmas-and-holiday-traditions-around-the-world/

I went searching for something in Grand Rapids, then thought of the Meijer Gardens which has an annual display of Christmas trees around the world.  The above link is not that, but a few places in Western Michigan.  It is about 15 minutes long.

Mary Ann

jackwv

Mary Ann that was an interesting link, and liked that it covered many traditions.

FlaJean

Jack, you did a great job with the 12 Days of Christmas.  The timing must have been a little tricky.  I really enjoyed it.

jackwv

Jean that was several years ago with a program on windows that made it easy to set the words and space to the music.  I no longer have that program and having problems with the new window app.  Used to like picking a favorite song, then matching photos and lyrics. Just have the pad, so not interested in the good programs Apple provided.   

jackwv

On the subject of Lyrics and photos I had this one from several years back.  Know I have posted but forget dates.  Good message in this one, and you will love the singer. Check it full screen

https://vimeo.com/87908549

Mary Ann

Jack, I could listen to Perry Como sing this song often and often.  Would that both he and Brian were back with us.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

I love that song and it goes so well with your added photos.  That was a wonderful, but sad, movie.

I accidentally hit the italics button, and once you hit it won't turn off (grrr)

jackwv

Mary Ann and Jean, that was a sad, and true story.   Como was born in Canonsburg, this side of Pittsburgh and about an hours drive.  His parents were both emigrants from Italy and they say he never heard English at home and had to learn it when he went to school.  Jean I have see lots of (grrr) since the changes but getting used to it.

Mary Ann

Jack, out of curiosity, I wonder how the decisions are made to change our format?  Is it a network decision?  Or does a new format show up and Oldiesmann decides to give it a try.  Or what?  I am managing fairly well but have hit a few bugs.

Mary Ann

jackwv

Mary Ann, in my opinion (know what that is worth) the decision to make changes are on the part of Simple Machines (where is the simple part?)  We are only using their system for Seniors.  Believe Oldiesmann has taken on the job of trying to work out bugs.  I am doing better and hope folks are trying and we will all be back posting in the discussions we are interested in.

Mary Ann

Jack, I think Oldiesmann is doing a good job and I think it is a thankless job.  I am willing to work with the site if I can't get from A to B and so far I am getting along OK but I don't do things the way others do; I do them in ways that are convenient to me.  Stubborn!

Mary Ann

Joy

Yes, I would think that it is a thankless job for Oldiesman. I still do not really like the new system, but I am making out ok.  Some things are still different, but I will work through them, as most of us are doing.

Joy
BIG BOX

RAMMEL

My comments here now are not related to Oldiesman (who puts up with our nonsense and quirks) but with the world "out there" in general. Everyone seems to want to improve things. But they so often over improve it so much that things become too complicated to be of use or interest. Some just like basic stuff.

I have a couple of programs that I have lost interest in because they "fixed" it too much  :tickedoff:

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
R
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

jackwv

Rick I am with you.  Have lost several apps or programs that no longer work, and the new ones take some learning.  Gave up on the How To books, shame there are no local classes for seniors, but even if there were here is how 1t would end up.

[attach name=Computer+class+to+post.jpg type=image/jpeg]8175[/attach]

Mary Ann

Jack, a very apropos cartoon. 

Rick, it would be nice if they are building a program for US, if they would ask US what we like and dislike before they make changes.

I am making "do" with this new one and I'll get along OK.  I just had an update on Windows 10 and I was afraid it might goof up things, but it didn't.  It was an update, not an upgrade.  I try to not sweat the small stuff and I get along with it better.

Mary Ann

SCFSue

I'm still using Windows 8 and I am NOT going to change to something new. When S&F no longer lets me get in here to post with Friends, I'll just have to say a very sad farewell.  It's bad enough to try to get used to the changes we have now!

Sue

P.S.  Perry Como was one handsome guy and had a wonderful voice.  He was my Favorite while a teen and even into my early married years.  He had such a smooth voice and was so "laid back" while singing.  I've missed him since those early days.

Radioman34

One thing that can be said with certainty is that the folks in charge of the residence make every effort to keep the residents active and involved with the many and varied activities. I caught these few shots last week when Elvis dropped by to give you some idea of what went on. This is mister and mrs elvis