Random Image

DSCF1799.JPG

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of February 12

Started by JoanFL, February 12, 2017, 04:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoanFL

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

JoanFL

Good Sunday morning, Everyfriend.  There's beignets to go with your coffee or tea.  I wish ALL a blessed day.

Thanks to Phyllis for her lovely “Valentine” graphic creation which we are using this week.

Chuckles

Circle the Block

A driver tucked a note under her windshield wiper and dashed off:

"I've circled the block for 20 minutes. I'm late for an appointment, and if I don't park here I'll lose my job. Forgive us our trespasses."
Returning, she came back only to find a parking ticket and this note:
"I've circled the block for 20 years, and if I don't give you a ticket, I'll lose my job. . . Lead us not into temptation."

Food For Thought

Will You Build Bridges or Walls?
(By Rick Warren)

Too many immature Christians spend all their time taking pot-shots, belittling, and criticizing other believers who reach out to unbelievers, instead of doing what Jesus commanded us to do. Jesus repeatedly commanded that we love EVERYONE - even those we disagree with. Whenever I'm asked why I accept invitations to speak to non-Christian groups, my answer is, "It's what Jesus would do!"

Mark 2:16-17 tells us that when the religious teachers saw Jesus associating with and befriending irreligious people - the so-called "sinners and tax collectors", they asked Jesus' followers [in essence], "Why does Jesus fellowship with unbelievers?" Jesus replied, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." I want to be like Jesus.

To be like Jesus, we MUST build bridges of love to people of no faith, to people of other faiths, and to people we disagree with. In contrast, prideful self-righteousness builds walls of fear, refuses to love, or even get to know those who believe differently, and then hurls accusations against those of us who do what Jesus commanded.

Never allow the fear of criticism to cause you to disobey what Christ tells you to do. Live for an audience of one. Last month, I attended a Jewish Sabbath service, a Catholic mass, spoke to a group of Muslims, and had a private conversation with a gay leader who is a friend - all in the same week. Why? Because God has never created anyone he doesn't love. And Jesus died for the whole world and he wants everyone to know him.

But before your neighbors can trust in Christ they usually have to trust you first.

I challenge YOU to start building bridges of love, instead of walls of fear.

(One warning: bridge builders are always feared and criticized by wall builders.)

Thought of the Day

Prejudice melts in the face of compassion.

--Author Unknown

:smitten:

JoanFL

Amy

Good morning everyone..

Looks like we are in for more snow!! After VON leaves we are going to nip into town for a few groceries. Have some baked beans on cooking, haven;t had those in a while. I did try to find lima beans but no one seems to have any dried one, just the frozen ones.

A day of rest here, may play with a new to me sewing machine or just start another quilt....not sure just what I will do.

Linedancer Happy Birthday!!!! May you have a wonderful day!

Joan thank you for breakfast.

Enjoy your day everyone..
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  While the morning starts for me at about 63 degrees we will be close to 80 before the day is over.  Pat and I will attend Sunday School and Church, get something to eat, come home and rest and then go back to the Church this evening for the Valentine's Banquet put on for Seniors by the young people of the Church.  We attended last year and it was delightful.  I did stay home all day yesterday and did get my tax information together except for one document that should be here later this month.  Yesterday afternoon I fixed cole slaw for dinner using a sour cream dressing recipe from Bobby Flay of the Food Network.  It turned out well.

Hal, as I looked at that website for computer repair the chat box popped right up.  I didn't chat as wasn't ready.  I did read a series of reviews and some were fully satisfied and others were very displeased with the service but most of those had to do with someone coming to the home to do some type of service for them.  I have asked my son to advise me. This company joined with another and most of the complaints seemed to relate to the other company. 

June, glad to read that you will let the nurses help you not be in such pain.  When Stacey was under Hospice care she was given mophine and was to call the Hospice nurse before taking a dosage.  The morning following Stacey's passing I was at her apartment and the nurse stopped by and took possession of the morphine and said all was accounted for that was suppose to be left. 

deAngel, Happy Birthday. 

Amy, did you wear your other sewing machine out? 

I am brief today as have limited time this morning but have appreciated all of the postings.

Lloyd Hammond

Linedancer!!
Have a great day on your special day.
Bis  enjoyed your chuckle. it brought a memory of a ticket I got years ago in KC Mo. I went to a store and was in there just a few min. had a ticket on my windshield. a address that you could mail in . I did mail the amt it said in form of a check along with a nasty note. stating i was in the store picking up a order that was already ready to be picked up. ( the note said I hope you all enjoy your blood money ,hope you will go ask the business licensed merchant how he enjoyed the loss of business from ticked customers) In about a week my chuck was returned thanking me for my response. next  time I was up there i went to that place of business and told them what had taken place. he laughed and said good deal but next time drive around the block and park in the lot behind the store.

Lloyd

JoanFL

Good morning, Amy.  At least today you didn't have to do any dancing.  Baked beans sound good on a chilly day.

Larry--Good morning.  Glad to hear Pat feels well enough to go to Sunday School and church with you.  How nice that the young folks put on a Valentine's banquet for the Seniors.  You are really becoming a gourmet cook using Bobby Flay's recipe.  I have a question for you.  I saw in another discussion that someone wished you a Happy Birthday.  It's not on the calendar.  Is it your birthday?

Good morning, Lloyd.  You were lucky to get your ticket money back.

JoanFL

Gloria

Good morning everyone, starting to snow again.

JOAN  glad Linda was able to get out of Boston and hope she has left Nashville by now. Good thing she travels so much, for me I would have been lost as to what to do. Good thing she is not still here because another possible foot of snow for the Boston area again.

LLOYD  we have to keep after you to take care of yourself. Sure you feel good now but you will do too much and get worn down again. That we do not want to happen.

LARRY  hope you continue to feel good. After the mild January we had this month is making up for it with the snow.

GLORIA de  if I have to cancel the appointment for this Wednesday it will be the third time. Will cancel my CNA again, too. Don't know if she will make it tomorrow with the snow in the forecast.

JEANNE LEE  when I was driving I never let snow keep me home but now the thought of being on the roads  scares me. Too many on the roads now who are not good drivers.

HAL  I used to have Malwarebytes but after HP had this machine again I downloaded it and picked up a bug with it. My grandson had to come and clean it out. Now I have Superantispyware, even scans my external. My grandson has kept me running and I am glad of that but he does not know the different programs I use. I still miss the tech I had for years till he moved to Florida.

PATRICIA  one reason why we do not like mild winters here. Last month it was so warm my son started pruning his trees and when he went in the house he found a tick. Not normal here at all.

JOY  like you I saved the site Hal posted. The price is good if they do a good job.

SHIRLEY  hope you start feeling much better soon. Sure isn't like you to get knocked down by anything. Take care of yourself, that is the important thing.

JENNY  when your son moves he sure moves fast. Hope they enjoy the Boston area.

PHYLLIS   good graphic for Valentine week, the words are great, too. You are talented. Thanks.

JOAN  never had a beignet, better tie a bib on for all that sugar. Laughed with Circle the Block. Thank you for all today's goodies.

AMY  we are in for more snow, too.

Click for Harrisville, Rhode Island Forecast

Gloria

Gloria

halkel

Happy birthday Linedancer and Larry.  HOpe you both ave a good one.  GOt to get ready for church, wife is staying home and I will make second service.  HAve ro do money. Count today.

CallieOK

Joy

Good morning, Joan and all the other friends.   I am slow moving this morning.  Pretty dreary, rainy day today.  I am having a hard time waking up.

Joan, thank you for the beignets.  I don't remember whether I have had them before or not. Always wanted to go to New Orleans to be able to try them.  I  am sure I would like them, so I will just enjoy a cyber one,

Happy Birthday to Larry and GloriaDe.  It is also my grand daughter's 24th birthday.  She got a special gift this year.... her own little 2 month old daughter, Iris Joy.  They live in Connecticut, so I will have to be satisfied to see pictures today.

Nothing special going on today.  Yesterday, I did get around to doing some laundry that I have been putting off for a while now.  I really miss having my own washer and dryer.  The laundry room is right across from my apartment, and I usually wait until later in the day when I usually have the whole room to myself.  Just takes me so long to make up my mind to do it.  Still have some more to do, which I will get around to later in the week.

I hope that everyone will have a good day.  I hope the weather in the upper north east won't be too bad today.  We have been very lucky and have very little snow so far.  But, winter isn't over yet. LOL.  However,  I do notice that the days are getting longer, and it is only 4 weeks before we turn the clocks forward.  So, that is a good sign that spring is on the way.

Joy
BIG BOX

Amy

Happy Birthday Larry...may you be blessed with many more.]
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

Good morning, Gloria.  Linda finally got home.  She hopes she doesn't have to go back to Boston this winter, but she does have to go to NYC and Philadelphia.  Beignets are soooo good, but they are messy.

Good morning halkel and Callie.

Joy--Good morning.  I sure would miss having my own washer and dryer.

Mary Ann

Happy Birthday to Gloria De and Larry.

I just got home from having breakfast/brunch with Dot where we tried to solve all of the world's problems.  Dot does the driving now and when she stopped at my place, the weather wasn't doing anything.  By the time I got out, snow was coming down and I noticed it snowing during our service but when we came out, the snow had stopped.  We are to get rain, then snow today and our temp is about 35 or so. 

I heard a noise downstairs so Tom is still home.  He drove for Uber last night and got in earlier than usual, but still late.

Mary Ann

Lindancer

Good morning not a nice day. I want to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes. Love you all

Joan, I had beignets, when I was in New Orleans, it was at a famous name restaurant,  but I for got the name. I even liked their coffee.

Phyllis, thanks for the graphic, lovely saying.

Shirley, I hope you start to feel better soon.

MaryAnn, got a call last night from my nephew in Calf. He has been driving for Uber quite a while.  This week he lost his job, as they found out he got a traffic ticket in 1984, in NY which he did not pay.So he is trying to get that straightened out he does not even remember it.

Gloria, we just had a sleet storm, now it is snowing. Roads are going to be bad later they say.

Larry, Happy Birthday to you also.  I also say, it is Lincolns birthday, but he is a little older!

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

Vanilla-Jackie

Happy joint Birthday's Lindancer and Larry Hanna...
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL

Mary Ann--Sounds like your weather can't decide what to do today.

Linedancer--Could that restaurant where you had the beignets be Cafe du Monde?  I hope you don't have to go out in that bad weather.

Hi Vanilla-Jackie.

Vanilla-Jackie

" There is no present like the time "

Joy

Joan,  I also was trying to remember the name of the famous place in NO where they have the good beignet's.  And, I do remember reading somewhere about how good their coffee is, also.  I will have to do some searching and see if there are any places around my area that have them. 

Joy
BIG BOX

JoanFL

Joy--I sure haven't found anyplace around here that has beignets.:(

Amy

Snowing like the dickens here now.maybe 3 inches so far. We went to town and I picked up some vegetables, green ,red,yellow and orange peppers ,cauliflower and tomatoes.

Larry, no my machine is still going,not that I haven't used it a lot lol. I tend to collect old machines and have a "few" This machine was given to me by a friend .
Jimmy Dean

JoanFL

Amy--It sounds like you may be dancing before the day is over.

Lindancer

Good after noon, and it is still snowing, weatherman, said we will have a Nor'easter to day and to morrow very high winds again.

Joan, yes that is where we ate, when we first arrived New Orleans, I know it was night, and the place was packed. No I do not plan to go out. There is good golf on TV.

Thanks Jackie, for the good wishes. Hope you are doing OK

Amy, please be careful if you have to go out, we have ice under the snow to day.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

phyllis

:balloons: Happy Birthday, Gloria de!

:happybday: Happy Birthday, Larry!

When Tom was stationed in Biloxi, Mississippi, we drove over to NO and ate at Café du Monde where I had my first beignet (delicious) and coffee with chicory (awful).

phyllis
Cary,NC

angelface555

I see as usual it is your midafternoon to my morning, but I wanted to wish Gloria de and Larry, a very happy birthday!

Jeanne Lee

Up until now we've been lucky and most of the winter weather has stayed mostly south of us.  But this time it looks like we'll make up for it all.  Weather Warning started at 7:00 this morning and will stay in force until 7:00 p.m. tomorrow.  Guesswork says 6 to 15 inches of snow and it sure looks like that's optimistic.  :)  Already it looks like 6 or 8 inches. 

On Tuesday I have another doctor's appointment which has been rescheduled twice already due to risky roads.  And then another twice delayed on Wednesday. 

And that's what a normal winter is like in the north country.   ;D

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

CallieOK

Joy,  this must be Granddaughter Birthday Day!  Miss Ellen is also 24.  She was supposed to have been born closer to her Mama's birthday in April but decided to do it on her own terms....and she's been doing things that way ever since!

Just got home from church and OTL with the usual Lunch Bunch.   Mary Ann,  I'm sure we settled whatever world problems you and Dot didn't get around to.   :thumbup: