Random Image

Arizona Family

Owner: Jeanne Lee
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:23:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Soda Shoppe Week of February 12

Started by JoanFL, February 12, 2017, 04:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halkel

Good Morning Everyone!

It is a nice warm, beautiful morning, lot of sunshine and suppose to get on up in temps later today.  But bad weather is being forecast, Sunday being the target day with storms and hail and of course some cooler temps.  But we shall see if it comes as predicted, I hope we don't get hail.

Larry and Gloria.  Yeah my back does seemed to feel better, well it does feel better and I can certainly walk better.  I am not sure if it is the Lidocane or the Steroids working.  Back is a bit sore where he put the shots in and my hand is swollen and somewhat discolored where the nurse put my IV, she had to stab me twice.  Not nice.  Like you Gloria, I hope it last.  My pain doctor had a short conversation with me before the procedure and he gave me a pain diary he wants me to keep for 10 days and bring back my next appointment.  The way he explained it to me Gloria was that they are trying to located to source of the pain, it can be one of any number of places on the spin and by me keeping the diary it helps them to zero in.  He also explained that yesterday was actually just the starting point and there were lots of things they could try to stop the pain.  At any rate, other than the time spent traveling and waiting I had no bad experience and no pain, well except for the IV thing and old age plays a part there, the old veins and skin just aint like it used to be.  They did go to special efforts to be sure the adhesive tape did no injury.

Oh, one bad experience.  I cant find my car keys, they have to be in the house somewhere, I used them to get in the house and didn't go anywhere yesterday.  Any of you seen them?  Grrrrrrrrrrrr  I even called my SIL to see if I left them in his truck, nope he said, he went out and looked.  And I looked from driveway through garage into house, even pulled wife's car out, she was gone when I got home, and not under her car.    I hope they turn up.

June Drabek

I woke at four, had a bit of leg pain, but not enough to call for a pain pill. I just walked the floor a bit, then back to bed and massaged the leg and though how good it would feel to just sit in the shower and let the warm water flow down till it turned cold. That day will come. The sore is healing much more quickly than the other one did. My thyroid pill was taken, so I decided to get the sponge bath over and done with, then on to the mornings readings and prayers and a song, and now I am doing what I do best…eat and visit with all of you. I have had a bowl of honey-nut Cheerios and a sweet roll and second cup of coffee.

We have had a light smattering of rain but more is predicted. I think the big storm is past and now the clean up will start. There were many mud slides and one man said he had lost everything in his home. Unfortunately,too many greedy contractors build these big expensive homes in areas that were not meant to dig into, like the side of a mountain with a gorgeous view…and mud slides.

Amy, my baking days are long gone, but we are provided with good things here where I live, there are two coffee stations with goodies where we can help ourselves throughout the day, and I do.

Bis, Have a good visit with your son today. That is a special treat, I know.

Larry, you are a good husband to make and label the spice jars for your wife, they can be a messy bunch if not properly organized, and her being on the door shelves will be very handy.

Gloria, I think I strain my eyes more with book reading than on the computer. I should make a practice of blinking frequently, and I do keep over the counter eye drops close at hand. It is also a good exercise to look out in the distance once in a whole.

Time to don some "walking clothes" and go pick up some of the afore mentioned baked goods.

Hal, if you had to use the keys to get into the house, they have to be in the house...or still in lock of the door.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Mary Ann

Gloria, when you mentioned a holiday for Monday, I had to look at my calendar because I thought last Monday was President's Day.  My calendar agrees with you.

I lived dangerously this morning.  Tom and I went to breakfast (two eggs, hash browns, raisin toast and decaf) and my outer garment was my sweater.  I was very comfortable and our temp is in the low 50s now.  I think all week we will be in the 50s, but that doesn't mean winter is over, not by a long shot.  But it's great while it lasts.

Mary Ann

JoanFL

Good morning, halkel.  I sure hope the shots you got really help long term.  Those keys will turn up when you least expect it.

June--Good morning.  Good news that the latest wound is healing well.  How nice that they have areas where you can pick up baked goods on site. 

Good morning, Mary Ann.  Wow--warm enough to just wear a sweater there in February.  Your breakfast sounds good to me--better than mine.

Click for Melbourne, Florida Forecast

angelface555

Good morning from the Interior! I seem to finally be on the mend from my sinus cold and the weather is staying warm and the barometric pressure steady. So I should continue to be better. Farrah is doing her usual watch the ravens out the windows while they surf the air currents. I hope everyone is having a good day!

Amy

The day is not going as planned..... I did get laundry done, then took the garbage to the dump then hubby wanted to go over to a village for lunch.
Our snow is building up by the mail box so I proceeded  to shovel it away.our neighbour came over to help.As we were working at this the highway man came with his tractor and cleaned it all for us!!! I could have hugged that man to pieces as the job was hard going with all the ice in it!! I went and got a load of wood,which we are not burning much at this lovely temp of 48° F...such a lovely day!!!
I have run out of umph so no baking today...maybe tomorrow???
Larry, with this long rake you can get far enough back that you don't get snowed on but it was deep walking in.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

JoanFL

angelface--Sure glad your sinus infection is clearing up.

Amy--How nice that man helped you with the shoveling.  Things didn't go as planned, but seems you had a pretty good day.

Carol

We met our oldest son and DIL for dinner last night- we and they drove to south Tucson  (Phoenix where she has taken a two-year job).  It is so nice to have at least one of the children in the area.  They had used our empty home for a few days and gave us a nice selection of chocolate coffee creamer - our favorite and hard to find now.  We are now planning a trip to Mexico - for  a walk over the border and only a couple of hours just to show them what we do once per year.  Coming back in is a good search of everything we carry with guard dogs too. 

Amy:  Anyone who helps with snow shoveling is a traveling angel in my opinion.

Hal:  Losing your keys - I do understand.  You will find them eventually. Don't fret - it doesn't do your health any good to fret about it. 

Our daughter was going to fly to the mid-west and had a sudden case of flu so she spent the day and night sleeping and resting. 

Mary Ann

Hal, you have my sympathy regarding lost keys.  You may recall I lost mine around Christmas.  I felt sure mine had to be in the house because I had used them to get into the house.  Mine were gone a month before I decided to look one more time and found them in a purse I was transferring the keys to.  I hate to admit it, but the lining of that purse was torn and the keys went behind the lining.  The only reason I used that purse was because it is red and I wanted to wear red to a Christmas tea at church.

I know you won't find your keys in a purse, but look in another pair of trousers, or behind a piece of furniture.  Good luck.

Tom went crazy with tube rolls - too many for only two people so I think I will bake some for breakfast and another batch for "just because" (he bought two kinds - breakfast/sweet and regular).

Mary Ann

JaneS

I have meat loaf and scalloped potatoes in the oven.  I haven't decided what veggie to add to it.  I'm leaning toward baked beans because I can put them in the oven too. 

I stripped my bed, washed the sheets and the blanket and put them back on and it's all ready for tonight.  I also vacuumed the hall, living room and my bedroom (with lots of rest periods between.  I'm thinking of spending some of my "ill gotten gains" on a housekeeper.  Vacuuming really bothers my back and getting down to do floors or even just mopping is getting harder and harder.  I think I understand why people our age have housekeepers or younger relatives living with them. 

I've been looking on line for cleaning people in this area and I found a few and even one that does windows. 

I lost my keys once and didn't find them until the next time I needed to wear my dress coat somewhere.  Never thought to look in that pocket.  And once I found them in the bottom of the laundry basket when I sorted the laundry. 

Time to decide if I'm going to put beans in the oven while I have it on or just microwave a veggie.  Hope Everyfriend's day is going great.  ENJOY!

Click for Lewisburg,Pennsylvania Forecast

JoanFL

Carol--Lucky you to have one of your children in the area. 

Mary Ann--Guess you'll be eating rolls for a few days.:)

Janie--You're having two of my very favorite things for supper--meatloaf and scalloped potatoes.  You certainly accomplished lots today.  I hope you can find good housekeepers.

angelface555

I would love to be able to hire a housekeeper as it is harder to get up and down or to reach any high shelf. When I could no longer change the belts on my vacuum, I purchased an indoor-outdoor vac which works great and no belts!

My printer is a concern as I always need to take it downstairs to the office in hopes someone will take pity on me and change the inks. And scrubbing an oven or a pot? I no longer have the hand strength I used to. My arthritis has robbed me of more than my disability ever did!

Going back to that housekeeper, the most inexpensive here advertises for fourteen dollars an hour with a minimum of six hours!! I work faster than that. :-\  A CNA requires that you be housebound and unable to cook. That's not me or at least not yet!

June Drabek

Hi Kids, I wore myself out shopping at Amazon this aftennoon. Placed one order, then remembered I needed a new coffee pot so placed another order. With Prime it looks like they will arrive at the same date, not that I am in any hurry. I could live without all that I ordered, but it was fun shopping.

My Dori stopped by at lunch time..I was eating my my hot turkey sandwich, so she asked for my keys as she had some stuff to put in my apt. I quick ate part of my lunch then came home to be with my darling daughter. She had brought a new bed skirt to use with the new comforter they gave me for Christmas, and here she had undressed the bed, moved the mattress, put on the bed skirt and re-made the bed. What an Angel she is. Then we settled in for a nice visit. She is truly a gift from God. I just love her to pieces. She and Gary will be on the go for the next two days, then Gary will be here on Wed. for Bible Study.

Bis I hope you had a lovely visit with your son today. We don't get to see our busy, busy kids very often but it sure is a joy when we do get to have them, if only for a few hours.

Hal, I am wondering if you found your keys yet, and WHERE did you find them ??? In a pocket, in the door, on the floor, ??? this curious old lady needs to know. I

I am planning to go down to the club house at 6:30. to hear the Ultimate Duo do their thing. They are husband and wife. She is the pianist, he is the singer and drummer and/or guitar, and they are SO cute for an older married couple. They seem to love what they are doing and it is very easy to see that they love and enjoy one another. Especially her. She is personality plus and looks like she could take a bite of her guy. A nice bite that is.

We only had a few light sprinkles today...no wind, thank goodness. We had enough yesterday to take care of a full season.

I ordered just an eight cup coffee maker this time..I never use the popular 12 cup, and I'm hoping if will take up less space on my small amount of counter. I had a Black and Decker, ordered a Mr. Coffee. It was fun spending money while sitting in my living room. I also ordered a pair of jeans, my size 14's kept falling off my hips.

Janie and Patricia...I do hope you can both find reasonable and GOOD housekeepers. Lots of folks, older ones too, are hard workers, sturdy and well, and willing to work for a reasonable wage. It is something they can do in their spare time, and still pick up the necessary extra money.I have known where the housekeeper turns out to be a valued friend as well as worker.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Denver

Good evening from the very soggy Valley of the Sun!  It was a very dreary day and the rains just kept coming.  Sadly, I think we are in store for more rain tomorrow. 

All of my grandchildren have been in the area for days now, and I have not seen any of them yet.  There are plans for us all to get together tomorrow and I sure hope it happens.  My reason for being here was to see my dad and get a 4 generation picture of us all. 

Today a group of my high school friends got together for lunch.  It was sure fun, and we sure enjoyed ourselves.   3 of us ladies there will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in the next few months.  One in April, then June and ours in July. 

Hope you all will have a good night of rest.  Pleasant dreams, 

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

Vanilla-Jackie

JENNY...
....that is quite a milestone to reach, and to think, three have almost reached it together...Will you three couples again get together for the celebrations? it would be nice if you all could...

I hope all goes to plan in getting all 4 generations in one spot together, for that special one off photo...

Well it is now 4.50am, woke up with a ticklish cough so got up from my bed, and now up and about, after getting out for my trip to the loo...

Seems we posted almost same time...
" There is no present like the time "

JoanFL