Random Image

Tomorrow

Owner: larryhanna
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:04:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Ann

Joan, we had 75 degrees yesterday but today we have only been in the high 50s.  The sun is shining now; earlier it was damp from overnight rain.

Mary Ann

Denver

🎂 HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES 🎂 
💐 MARYANN 💐

Crazy day here....we have been trying to get new skylights installed since last September and it finally happened today.  It is so bright in my living room I am afraid I may get a sunburn!  Many times we have been ready to move on and tell this guy who installed them that we are no longer interested because of the delays.  The old ones were the original ones and they were still in good condition however in the winter so much cold air would come down and the thought was that they were a double layer plastic material and these are a clear double glass.  We were told these are made here, so a local company and that it should make all the difference in the world.  We shall see.  Now let's hope they also will not let too much heat!

I loved reading about all the Easter meals and time with families that you all have shared.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts with all of us. 

We did enjoy our time with Dave and the family and our meal was delicious.  Michele looked so tired and very pale, but she did eat with us then went straight up to bed.  My heart just aches for her.  I know many go through this awful time with chemo/radiation, but I sure wonder HOW?  The meds are just poison and do so much damage to the system.  Thank you all again for your continued support of positive thoughts and prayers. 

JACKIE, I am sure you are just totally worn out, as you have been under such stress for many days, but I think you should feel very proud of yours of for enduring what you have been through and how well you have managed to accomplish what you have.  You did not mention Toby today, so maybe you do not know for sure if the people are indeed going to keep him?  I am quite sure the vet check will prove that he is a healthy boy, and I can understand that you might have been taken back a bit that they would think that he is not.  I continue to keep you in my upper thoughts and pray that Our good Lord will guide you through the next few days and give you the strength needed to get through Richards furneral service. Hugs💞

LARRY, I hope by now you are at home and resting after your tests and blood work today.  I certainly hope you will get good results from them soon.

I was so thrilled to read that our SHIRLEY N is now cancer free.  Bless your heart sweet lady. 

I wish you all a good day.

Jenny
🦋 Jenny
"Love many, trust few; learn to paddle your own canoe"

MarsGal

Mary Ann, I got a message saying the Web Cam was not available from both Firefox and Chrome, I can, however, get the webcam from the YouTube link on my Smart TV and when I go to the YouTube website directly on the computer. Just now I am seeing US Coast Guard ship 214 passing by.

I hope you are having a super nice Happy Birtday.

MarsGal

No it isn't actually passing by, now it is going backwards and someone on board is waving something,but I can't quite make it out. Oh, gosh, the guy has gone in and now the ship is going forward again, slowly. I must have the sound up, because I can hear the sea gulls.Now it is standing still. Hah, there is a buoy on the other side I saw. I wonder if it is a maintenance thing or if they are giving a rookie live practice. Hmmm!

Mary Ann

Jenny and MarsGal, thank you for the birthday wishes.  A nephew's widow just brought me a cyclamen plant.  It is a deep rose color.

MarsGal, I am watching the Coast Guard too and I think they are looking at and/or changing buoys.  A while earlier, they were south then came north to where they are now.  It is interesting to see the Canadian side of the river.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Happy Birthday Mary Ann! :happybday:  :party:  :cheer:

:cake: Looks like you have a nice evening coming up.  Celebrate with a big piece of cake! :cake:

Mary Ann

Thank you, Marilyn.  I think my evening will be quiet but Saturday afternoon will be another story as that is when we will have a party.  The stars should be Johanna, Eleanor and Avery (from East Lansing).  Avery is three and the twins are two.  Time will be taken to talk to the CA people and Isaiah is the fourth of the young ones; he's also two, a month later than the twins.

Mary Ann

Sandy

Happy Birthday
MaryAnn !!
:hugs:
  "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Thank you, Sandy.  Is that a new picture of Fe?  Cute gal; she's growing up.  As they all do!

Mary Ann

Beverly

Happy Birthday
Mary Ann!
:happybday:

Mary Ann

Thank you, Beverly.  It's been an odd day - we didn't do anything, but the family will get together Saturday.  There will be between 15 and 20 people at a nearby country club.   

Mary Ann

FlaJean

Happy Birthday, Mary Ann
 :hb2: :hb2:

Vanilla-Jackie

One stone ( 14 lbs ) in weight I have lost now, I should be happy...
Funeral director over the phone yesterday told me Richard WAS with him now, he had reached his chapel of rest..
You know what? not one of Richards family has contacted me by phone, not one, apart from his sister Daphne who we need to be in contact with together..

Mary Ann...WISHING YOU A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY...

" There is no present like the time "

Joy

Good morning.

Mary Ann, I will wish you another belated Happy Birthday !  I know you are looking forward to a nice birthday celebration on Saturday with your family.  Sounds like it will be a nice party.  You deserve it !!!

Jackie, I am sorry that you have not heard from a lot of Richards's family.  It sounds like you are slowly getting things together and you seem to be handling things a lot better.  Just  try to rest and look after your own needs.

Nothing special planned for today.  Just the usual things that need to be done.  Making the bed, cleaning up the kitchen, getting dressed...... all the usual things.

I hope everyone is feeling well and that you have a nice day.  It is supposed to be a sunny day.  Yesterday was beautiful and I did get to spend some time outside.  It was close to 80º  and felt wonderful.

Joy
BIG BOX

Mary Ann

Thank you Jean, Jackie and Joy (the three Js?) for the birthday wishes.  I still am surprised that I've made it so far.

Jackie, don't worry about Richard's family, they have a problem, not you.  Just keep on doing what you've been doing because it sounds like everything is falling into place.

I'm taking time from looking at the Marine City site where there is something on the river and it looks like someone is moving a house.  There are several fishermen on the river and many have chairs to sit on to keep them higher than the usual boat seat.

I see Paul is north of Marine City and may start south soon.  That is an interesting place; I'd love to live on that river where so much is happening.

I think it is going to be a nice day today.

Mary Ann

Sandy

Good Morning from the
warmer but overcast,  rocky coast of
Maine. 

Yes Mary Ann,  Fe is growing up.  She
is such a joy to have around. 

As I age, I may seem callous and cold
to those who do not know me personally.

But a lesson that I learned many years ago,
is for me not give  the care of my heart
to those who do not appreciate or deserve it

Best wishes to all and anyone who
are suffering today.    Hopefully
in the near future the sun will
shine on you. 

Love and hugs to all.
Sandy
 :smitten:

― Carl Sagan

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  I was just about ready to hit the posting button and my finger hit some key and I lost my posting.  It is a beautiful morning, bright and clear and will be in the high 80's again today.  My tests went well yesterday with most of the time involved was registering and waiting to be called.  I was gone for 2 hours but it really left me tired. 

The Dish Tech has been here and gone.  He worked very quickly installing the new equipment and getting everything working.  The old equipment is now in the process of transferring the recordings that Pat had saved to the new equipment.  The old Hopper would hold up to 200 hours of recording on 3 channel while this new one will do 500 hours on 16 channels.  The transfer process may take a day or longer so they will be sending me a box with a prepaid label to return the old equipment when the transfer is complete. 

Scott will be here late this afternoon and friends from my Sunday School class are bringing us the Wednesday night dinners from the Church.  The told the girls they could eat out and then come on over and we would reimburse them for the cost of their meals.  This way Pat wouldn't have to do any cooking today.

Mary Ann, Happy Birthday although I suppose once again I am a day late but the greetings are no less sincere and it sounds like you will be getting a nice party this weekend at the Country Club.   

Marilyne, thanks for sharing the good news from Shirleyn.  That is the test results we want to hear after such treatments for cancer.  I won't know anything from the scans until early in May when I see the kidney doctor.  I have already received the blood test results, not that I know how to interpret them.

Joy, nice to see you had a good Easter with your family and got the doggie bag for your last night dinner.  South Carolina raises very good strawberries and I expect they are now available but since I don't drive we haven't seen the fruit stand or seen them in the store.

Jackie, it sounds like your solictor's office will be very helpful to you and you won't have to deal with all those things personally.  Getting 5 death certificates is a very good idea.  I got 10 when Stacey died and really only needed one to deal with getting the bank account had transferred into my name or closed out.  The lady just make a copy of the original and then gave it back to me.  Of course, I inadvertently must have trashed all the ones I had as searched over and over for them but fortunately never needed them for anything else.  It sounds like you have handled things very well, as well as any of us could, considering the circumstances. I agree completely with Mary Ann's and Sandy's comments about Richard's family.  We have no control over what others do or don't do and shouldn't waste our time and energy being concerned about it.  You did your part in letting them know.

Joan, after the cold days of winter the warm days are welcome.  Here is a HUG for you. 

Jenny, always nice when long outstanding projects are completed.  I wouldn't want skylights in any room I spent a lot of time but I know a lot of people would like them.  Pat would have to wear sunglasses if they were in our family room as her eyes are very sensitive.  Sorry to read that Michele is having such a rough time and hopefully much better days are ahead and the result of not doing anything in her case certainly would not have had a happy outcome. 

MarsGal, hope you are having as nice a day as we are.  I think it will be too warm for me to sit out on our porch later today but may check it out to see if I have the energy. 

Sandy, I saw some news footage showing them plowing snow in Maine.  Is that in the area where you are?

Beverly, I do hope you are now feeling better and ready to enjoy this spring weather.  Are you still playing golf and is Chape still playing as well?

Jean, hope you are enjoying nice weather.  Ours couldn't be much better.

SCFSue

Larry, as a former resident of Maine (twice due to hubby being assigned to Patrol Squadrons based in Brunswick, I can assure you that there is probably still snow on the ground there.  When we arrived in Brunswick for hubby's first tour with a squadron in May, there was still snow on the ground there.  We found a small house which we had to buy (after borrowing money from his parents to pay the down payment) and which his father resented a lot!  I went without good boots during that first and second winter there so that I could pay him what he loaned.  Not a lot of fun, believe me!

Mary Ann, good advice to Jackie.  I'm sure she appreciates it.  Having inlaws who are not at all friendly is tough.  She is in my prayers and I hope her solicitor will continue being very helpful to her.

Sue

Mary Ann

Larry, thank you for the birthday greetings and I don't care when I get them!  It was nice to see such a long message from you and to know that at least things are status quo with you.

Norm had a bubble skylight in his bath in Florida and a neighbor here put one in her kitchen and they really lit up the rooms.  When the full moon was out, Norm didn't have to use a light if he was in the bathroom in the middle of the night.  With my new light fixture in my bath, I do have to turn on the light, but Tom got 60w bulbs and the light is almost overwhelming.  I like it!

It's funny about death certificates because different places handle things differently.  Some places will copy the certificate and hand it back, as was done for you, Larry, but some places want an actual copy.  But things have changed since my dad died in 1970 when I had to send certificates to every fund that my dad owned.  Today with stock certificates being held by the company, I am sure not so many death certificates would be needed. 

Tom is teaching today and I doubt he'll be as busy today as yesterday.

I wish I knew how to highlight the URL for Grand Haven below.  It is hardly visible and is so long.

Patricia, where are you???

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from the partly cloudy Interior. We did get snow in town, and I don't know about the passes or foothills; however, we had more sleet than snow. Unfortunately, my sinuses and migraines are not doing so well with the rapidly fluctuating barometric pressure. Starting tomorrow, we are expecting full sunny days so I should be better.

MaryAnn, I'm sorry I missed your birthday but hope all your celebrations including the imminent family one are joyful!

To include your link, you will need to either add it in your post's coding or add the code to the link.

I've read the posts but just checking in to borrow Larry's phase and Sandy, I understand completely.

FlaJean

We are having another nice day, but a little overcast.  It is nice to see such a long post from you today, Larry.

Mary Ann, we have seen a lot of changes in our lives, especially in technology.  Our oldest daughter was the first one in our family to get a computer.  Both the computer and printer were very expensive.  There were no hard drives just floppy disks.  What a difference has been made by some smart people in just a few short years.

Ive just been sitting like a bump on a log when there are things I need to do.  I also enjoy those webcams but always seem to look at the wrong times.  Usually I've just missed a ship or look and the time has been changed.  But the scenery is always nice.

Joan, how are you getting along?  I see you are happy to have some warm weather.

Sandy, I agree with your comments about the lesson you learned.  I finally learned that lesson after many years.

Hope everyone has a good day.

wjoan

LARRY, thanks.  :)

MARY aNN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.

FlaJean, doing well actually.  Got some stronger eyeglasses and wounds are all healed and I am pretty much self sufficient these days.  Thanks for asking.  :)

Sandy

No snow here in the South West
portion of Maine...
Thank Goodness!!! 

Cloudy and cool but no snow
predicted. 

Sandy

― Carl Sagan

Mary Ann

Jean, I have URLs of maps for both the Soo and Marine City and I check them to see if any ships are in the vicinity.  I can generally tell if one will be soon and worth waiting for and if not, I go elsewhere.  I just watched Paul travel on the St Clair River and at the same time. CSL Welland came from the opposite direction.  I wondered if they's salute each other but they did not. 

I just heard someone remove a connection on the outside faucet to enable us to use it in the summer.  The Board puts something on it during the winter to prevent freezing the line into the house and causing trouble. 

I agree with Sandy too, Jean; I ignore people who kind of ignore me - I am nice but I let the other person initiate the contact.

Patricia, it is good to hear from you after several days and I'm sorry the weather is not cooperating with you.  I cough and sneeze a lot in the morning and the rest of the day things go relatively well.  In the evening I may have another round but that settles down soon.

Tom gave me a list of people coming Saturday and there will be 12 adults and 3 kids.  We will have a private room and the number of people is good for me because I can get lost in a crowd.

Joan, I wish I could get stronger glasses but my optometrist says she's done all she can.  When someone bolds their posts, I can read it OK, but if they don't, I just pass it by.  If necessary, I have a nice magnifying glass but it is hard to type and hold a glass at the same time.  One of the benefits of getting older.

Time for brunch.

Mary Ann

MarsGal

Mary Ann, I thought the same thing about Marine City site. It seems a nice place. I looked at a Google map of the area when I first ran across the site. The webcam is on the water works building. To the right is the municipal building and below that is a restaurant. Very occasionally, the camera swings a bit extra to the left. When it does, there is a parking lot and what looks like an apartment building behind it. Past the parking lot is something called Lucy's Dog House, which I think is a pet store. Sombra is the Canadian town directly across from the webcam.  Sorry I missed the "house" boat. I was outside weeding this morning.

Larry, what a lovely long post this morning. I hope you were able to sit out today. It is sunny and breezy today. I didn't check the temp, but it was just right for doing some weeding. So much so, that I stayed out too long and now I have to deal with a back ache for a little while.

Marilyne

Two comments here this morning, that are thought provoking, that I will copy and save.  One from Sandy, and the other from Larry.  Both are things that we know, and still we tend to forget.
From Larry - "We have no control over what others do or don't do and shouldn't waste our time and energy being concerned about it".  Easy to say but hard to do. I'm better than I used to be.
From Sandy - "Do not give the care of your heart to those who do not appreciate or deserve it".  I plan to pass that one on to my youngest daughter.

Lots of other interesting messages here this morning from lots of interesting people!  :)  I will respond and say hello later.  Right now I have to get ready to go with AJ to the dermatologist.  He had a very large squamous cell skin cancer removed from his ear on Saturday, with lots of stitches and such, that seem to be infected. Needs to be looked at.   

wjoan

Mary Ann, I get my glasses at Amazon.com.    They are cheaper there and you pick the strength.

Mary Ann

Joan, I complicate things with my eyes - I had cataract surgery in 1999 and I am now near=sighted in my right eye and far-sighted in my left.  I'd have to get two pair of glasses to satisfy my condition.  I haven't looked at Amazon glasses - yet - and I know they're not that expensive.  I think my main problem is that I now have glaucoma; I'm a few (?) years older than you are.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm waiting for Tom's friend who will be here to clean for us today.

Mary Ann

wjoan

Mary Ann, yes that does complicate things.   My right eye is now blind since the fall so I only have to worry about one eye.  Makes life easy that way.

larryhanna

Hi everyone.  Our skies are overcast at the moment but expect a combination of sun and clouds during the day with it getting up close to 90 this afternoon.  Nothing planned for today other than rest as can hardly hold my head up this morning.  It might have something to do with my low blood pressure this morning of 80/52.  We did have a nice visit with Scott last night and he will be back late this afternoon.  The girls didn't come out as Jennifer has been suffering with migraine headaches and said she had a sore throat so was glad she didn't bring that out.

I read the postings since I posted yesterday but just not up to making individual comments today.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.