Random Image

Site 11 Mt.Princeton

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:09:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Photos Old and New

Started by Pat, March 29, 2016, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

so_P_bubble

I was not home for a few days;   windows and shades were close.  I think the crow decided I was gone for good.  I haven't seen or heard him.

so_P_bubble

I had a lovely holiday with the family in the kibbutz Lohamei Hagetaot, in Galilee.
Here are a few photos I took

room.jpg

The bed in all the rooms is made of wrought iron. Ours had a small bird at the head.

so_P_bubble

Each room had a small kitchenette next to the bathroom

\\room02.jpg

so_P_bubble

Outside the room was a sitting corner where we could have a meal or read in the shade

terrace.jpg

room03.jpg

so_P_bubble

Shirley

Love the photos, Bubble! I recognize most of the trees & plants (at least I think I do) except for the last. Great photo of you both! I can imagine what fun it would be to visit such history & be able to enjoy family while exploring. Sorry about the crow missing, you will have to teach it to come when you whistle ... the fish had not been back since the flooding but showed up the last couple nights because I kept whistling as I threw bites of bread into the water. They come to eat as long as I whistle or talk to them, but hesitate when another human is in sight. Wildlife is smarter than we think & can learn to trust. Hope you have more photos to share?  Please? 

FlaJean

Bubble, enjoyed those photos.  That is a good photo of you and your daughter.  You look nice and rested in spite of the heat.  I've been wondering what it would be like to live in a kibbutz.  But whether or not one would want to live in one, it sure looks like a nice place to visit.  I'm afraid I would be lost without an internet connection.

JeanneP

Bubble. That Kibbutz Looks ideal and also in a nice shady place. I like small areas that yet they have areas for all you need. I know I could now be happy living on one. Have you ever thought of retiring to one.? Now is that the one you and Don visited at one time?
Daughter is looking good. Trip to Sweden sounds great. is that where your son now living? It looks like all of Europe having really hot weather this summer also. I know North UK is.

JeanneP

Vanilla-Jackie

Bubble, it looks a tranquil setting...I am sure it cleared your mind and gave you the peace and relaxation you was needing...I would have been happy there amongst all its greenery and trees...
" There is no present like the time "

so_P_bubble

London 39.jpg

JeanneP my son lives in London UK. This is the weather there last week, in Celsius.

so_P_bubble

It is the first time I have been in this kibbutz. Nice, but kibbutz life is not for me :)

Illy Birthday.jpg

This is the kibbutz swimming pool

pool 01.jpg

pool02.jpg

so_P_bubble

On the way to the kibbutz, and inside it toward the pool one can see remains of the aqueduct built by the ottomans and that was bringing water to the town of Caesarea

aquaduct 01.jpg

aquaduct 02.jpg

aquaduct 03.jpg

so_P_bubble

so_P_bubble

Last: What was best on the kibbutz for little Aviv: the quiet to concentrate on his tablet!

Intense concentration.jpg

Mary Ann

Bubble, great pictures of you, Illy, Aviv and the kibbutz.  I am sure it was restful for all of you.  I smiled at you calling him "little Aviv" because from pictures we've seen, he is not so little any more.  It is hard to believe he is only 7 (?). 

Mary Ann

SCFSue

Bubble, I agree with Mary Ann.  "Little" Aviv is not so little anymore!  What a handsome young man he has become.  I'll bet all the little girls he knows are very impressed. 

Enjoy the remainder of your vacation!
Sue

Shirley

Love the photos, Bubble.... I see you also are drawn to the "building blocks" of long ago. So mind boggling to realize they did all that work without help of heavy machinery and stones held together by weight, not concrete mix. Awesome people! These young kids sure know their "tablets" & electronics, don't they? I'm dealing with GREAT grands the age of your grand (I was a baby when my kids were born.  ;)   )  What fun that Aviv gets to know you so well. I feel like I know my greats better than their parents. Did I mention that I didn't even get my camera out when we were in Colorado?  Not sure why but think we kept too busy. Thanks for sharing your photos & that Illy & Aviv don't object.... they are such good sports, think you did something right along the way. Beautiful family birthday card & really good photo of you by the pool.   :thumbup:

JeanneP

Bubble. Looks like my City Manchester is in the 30s . So high for them. Now at least my family same area I grew up in. Village is 1 l1miles out of the city. Our  Village in a Valley with the moors all around it so Many trees and streams running through. Bet your son sweltering in London. He is use to it though I suppose.

Looks like Aviv really involved in what he is doing on his Tablet. Like my ggrands. Never hear from them now like when on EMail. and when see any they never take their eyes off the Tablets. Little ones know The Ipads better than I do and then the ones of 12and over  have now gotten the I phones. But their parents ,or at least their Mothers just as bad. I still say things were better for them before this Texting came. No eye to eye talking anymore. Don't pick up a book. Seems also they prefer to be on tablets or phone than watch TV. It use to be they would sit watching that for hours. One women I know told me she gets lots more done now as she just has to give her little one their tablets and the play for hours on them.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

Aviv is limited by his mom to one to two hours a day on the tablet and one hour of TV.  This is so he will still play with toys and Lego, practice his reading and also go out. I think it is very wise.

Mary Ann

Bubble, I think Aviv has a very wise mom. 

Mary Ann

SCFSue

Bubble, I agree with Aviv's Mom.  I have 3 sons and they are all readers because we kept books available with frequent trips to the library and birthday gifts often included books of their favorite authors.  All 3 continue to read, although the oldest is a Dean at SIUE and spends a lot of time with paper work to read.  Aviv is fortunate that his Mom limits tablet time and TV time.  Too many children today (in this retired school teacher's opinion) watch too much TV (I preferred Mr. Roger's programs before my children were old enough for school--and I read to them a lot and encouraged their reading).

SCFSue

FlaJean

Bubble, enjoyed seeing more photos of you and family.  Nice birthday card of the three of you.

The photo of the hawk(?) was taken in front our daughter's house.

Mary Ann

Jean, neat picture of the hawk(?).  It looks so small, it must be a baby.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

Mary Ann, my son-in-law also thought it looked like a young one.

JeanneP

What a great shot of the hawk. I think them a beautiful bird . Don't see than around here. The university animal clinic have a couple that can no longer fly  due to getting hurt.
Was nice for 2 days but back in 90s for next 5
Like every July my legs up to knee covered with poison oak. Have it painted with callumine lotion and wearing long dress. Will not be going out much this weekend.
I never know how I catch it. I stay away from where it could .be growing.  Dr. Says the polin from oak and ivy just flies around and some people so allergic to it. That's me?
JeanneP

Beverly

Hi Everyone. This morning Jackie mentioned in another forum that the Christian Photographers site announced that Paul Halbach, Pat Scott Halbach's husband, has passed away. Here is a picture I took during one of their visits to our home. Hard to believe they are both gone!

FlaJean

Beverly, sad to hear but what a nice photo of them.  We have lost so many of our dear Internet friends these last several years.

Beverly

Bubble - Loved the pictures.....So impressed by the stone structures that have survived all these years! Regarding your remark on the kibbutz being nice, I've always heard that saying, "It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there!"  :) I agree with those who say your daughter is a wise Mom. In my opinion, a couple of my great-grands spend too much time on their tablets and I-phones.

Jean - We had a similar hawk on our birdbath once. I see them occasionally but try to scare them off. They can find their lunch in someone else's yard.  ::)

Mary Ann

Beverly, that is a very nice picture of Pat and Paul Halbach.  Yes, it is hard to believe they both are gone.

Mary Ann

Shirley

What a nice photo of Pat & Paul, Beverly. Sorry to hear he passed away, didn't see much of him or Pat the last few years. I never met either of them but nice that they had each other as many years as they did. We have met so many interesting people on this & the SeniorNet site, has been like what our neighborhoods used to be like when we visited over a cup of coffee nearly every day (while the kids played). Thanks for posting the photo and the news about Paul. I wonder if any of their kids check in here (to leave a message for them)? 

Great shot of the hawk, Jean. It looks a lot like the one that ran into our pool fence many years ago, stunned it enough that it was just sitting inside the fence so I went out & put my bare arm under it & scooped it up (birds just tend to step up when given the chance).... I had my camera in my right hand & took photos of it on my arm until my arm was tired so took it out to a small tree & let it step onto a low branch.  I e-mailed a photo to the city naturalist & he identified it as a "young Cooper's Hawk".  If you google you may find it could be the same. I was disappointed that I didn't have any raw meat to offer it (it hopes it would come back), but I didn't see it again. We thought it probably dove down to pick up old LaurenKat since she was the size of a small rabbit (stub tail like a rabbit, but NO ears like a rabbit)... She even used to hide under the patio chairs when she heard crows calling. Thank your daughter for sharing the pic with us.