Random Image

mums

Owner: Beverly
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:28:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

June Drabek

Patricia, I am so very sorry that your Sarah couldn't be saved. There is always a special pet that comes into our lives, and it hurts so badly when they are no longer there. So many little critters out there that need loving care, hopefully you will eventually find one that needs your special care. I send you an understanding hug.
As long as we are here, let's dance.

Kelly

Hi Sandy or should it be Ge Ge

Congratulations to you your Grand Daughter and all the family.

Thank you for sharing the picture of baby Fe Fe

Kevin

deedee

Congrats, Sandy. She's a cutie, and I love the name.

Lindancer

Good afternoon, again on another cool day, party cloudy and windy.

Patricia, I also add my condolences on your loss of Sarah, i had tears thinking about my Taffy.  I understand how living alone, they become part of us.

Congratulations Sandy, on that beautiful baby.

Click for Riverhead, NY Forecast

angelface555

Thank you, Gloria, that is exactly how I felt. I keep thinking of James Taylor's song lyrics from "I See Fire and I See Rain."

"I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again."

angelface555

Sandy that is a beautiful baby for your great Grand!

Jeanne Lee

Sandy, my request in Soda Shoppe about the photo of FeFe is the same as here.  In the future, please post in the photos area and put a link in here.   :thumbup:

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

JeanneP

MaryAnn.  I also have the best furnace men.  They put the new one in about 3 years ago. I call for winter and summer check ups and out when promised.  Unless a part needed they charge very little.

Now in the middle of checking for water leaks. My bill so high this month. 3 times usual.  We are computerized and water company insist if it registers past their reading on the outside of house then my problem. So far after finding a plumber he has found nothing other that loose connections . Having him install all new Drains, Taps in both bathrooms. Under the Bathtub. What a job. Connections so rusty . hard removing.  This man is a good worker though very slow.  Was suppose to be back today noon or one oclock. Not seen him yet.  So have to leave. That is what I don't like. Not keeping right time.  Not being patient is a problem with me.
JeanneP

MaryPage

For the benefit of those of you who do not get HBO, Nothing Left Unsaid will be on CNN tonight at nine Eastern time.  Check your local TV schedules.  Everyone who has cable has CNN.  It is Anderson Cooper's home channel, so I suspect he had this put in his contract with HBO.

It is a really, really good documentary.

Sandy

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

Jeanne Lee

Sorry, Mary Page.  Not everyone who has cable has CNN.  I have only "basic" channels and that does not include CNN - or several others I'd sometimes like to watch.   :(

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

Joy

MaryPage,   I just finished watching the documentary....." Nothing Left Unsaid"

It certainly was a beautiful, but haunting film.  Beautifully done and so interesting.  I was especially interested in learning who Anderson's father was.  And, what a sad ending.   I had known of his brother's suicide,  but never heard just exactly how it happened. What a heartbreaking experience for a mother to see.  She certainly looked beautiful for 91.

I usually will fall asleep at the very end of a late movie, but I made myself work on a crocheted baby afghan to make sure I stayed awake.   So I was able to kill 2 birds with one stone.  LOL   So glad I got to see it.

Mary Ann,  I hope you got to see it.

Joy
BIG BOX

Kelly

Good morning from the Isle of Man or its name in Manx.

Ellan Vannin

Kelly

deedee

Joy, you are very kind.

This isn't a bad review.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/04/nothing-left-unsaid-gloria-vanderbilt-anderson-cooper-hbo-review

My grandmother lost two children, didn't have plastic surgery, wasn't obscenely rich, and didn't get an HBO documentary.

larryhanna

Hi everyone as another Saturday is upon us.  We are once again to get to 90 degrees or above with only a 20% chance of any showers today.  I have been awake since 4 am this morning and about 6 am I picked up my phone and read my email and the discussion boards before getting up and dressed for the day. 

I plan on making a quick trip to Lowe's for a tomato stake and a stop at the cleaner's to pick up a sports coat I left there a couple of weeks ago.  I should get a haircut but think I will wait until next week sometime.  I hope to get some reading done today as well. 

Yesterday we didn't get out of the doctor's office from the 9:45 appointment until a few minutes before 11 am.  We then went to Office Depot as Pat had a new quilting book she wanted fixed with a spiral binder and then tried to find Harbor Freight and JoAnn's Fabrics, which are at the same location, but the GPS led us onto a one lane road that was a dead end.  We gave up the search and headed back home but stopped at Texas Roadhouse for a good meal and Pat didn't have to cook last evening. 

MaryPage, thanks for sharing the link regarding your daughter and her featured article.  If I didn't know those were painting I would have thought they were photos as they are so real looking.  Your daughter certainly has talent.  I will check out her webpage later today. 

Sandy, a beautiful great grandchild.  She is certainly a healthy looking baby.

Kelly, good afternoon to you and hope this is a good day for you with nice weather and you feeling chipper. 

Kelly

Hi Larry
Not feeling chipper, but we have get on with how we feel and carry on.

Kelly

MaryPage

I like that "carry on" part, Kelly.

Still on the cool side here.  Mostly in the fifties!  Hoping it will be balmy and sunny for next weekend.  Not raining at the moment, and a HUGE regatta ongoing out on the grey waters of the mighty Chesapeake.  Sailboats from here to there and back again.

Time for me to work on my calendars for the next few months, and get a load of laundry done.  Tomorrow is the First of May!

halkel

MaryPage, I would bet the sailors are pushing hard for warm, sunny days so they can get out and do their thing.  It must be fun if you are skilled and know your business.

wjoan

Mornin all.  Tis gonna be a bit warmer today and the sun is shining and the sky is blue.  We had a kind of cold week so hopefully this is a good sign of warmer weather to come.

Did a lot of downloading of books last week and have read them all.  Did receive a good sized load of books from the library so hopefully they will hold me for awhile.  Tis difficult and very time consumihg for me to d/l and put on flash drives.

Hope you all have a glorious weekend and Hugs all around,

FlaJean

Joy, I also enjoy the documentary with Anderson and his mother.  When we visited the Northeast several years ago, we visited a Vanderbilt mansion "The Breakers" in Newport.  Sad that Gloria had money but no love as a child.  Anderson seems to care a lot a lot for his mother.  Well done documentary.

Kelly

Hi MaryPage
Carry on is about right I think. 

Or in other words, we have to get on as best we can if not a good day.

kelly

MaryPage

Oh shoot, Kelly, I thought you were having some kind of raucous carrying on! 

Kelly

Hi MaryPage
I meant if our day is not good, be it health or whatever the problem is, we have carry on despite our problems.

kelly

MaryPage

Actually, Kelly, I understood perfectly what you meant from the git go.  I was just having a little fun.

But I say Good On You!

Mary Ann

Deedee, I'm sorry you didn't care for the Gloria Vanderbilt piece.  My grandmother lost four children, my mother lost one, but I don't feel as you seem to.  Gloria Vanderbilt is two months older than I am and I feel she has accomplished a lot in her life.  I do believe all of us are talented in our own ways and I definitely am not artistic or creative. 

I enjoyed the document and I am enjoying the book.

Mary Ann

Kelly

Hi MaryPage
Enjoy your evening

kelly

Joy

Mary Ann,   glad that you also enjoyed the documentary film.   She really was a talented person in spite of the rough start in her life,. 

Joy
BIG BOX

MaryPage

We all obtain different perspectives on what we watch on the telly.  I sympathize with DeeDee's take on it.  But DeeDee, to enjoy a presentation of someone's life, ANYone's life, is not to place that person on a high place for worship, or even admiration.  I adored my grandmother, and she, too, lost children.  People did in those days.  My great grandmother buried 3 little ones.  While I would adore to see their life stories told, they will not be for the very reason that they were NOT well known celebrities.  Not many of us see a beloved child commit suicide right in front of us, though;  and for that we can be grateful.  I think there are 3 things about this particular documentary that make it of interest:  the END of the story, as it were, being the first.  My generation heard so very much about the child Gloria Vanderbilt, that I find myself totally interested in now hearing the story of the END of her lifetime.  The second thing is that it is an extremely well made and entertaining film.  And the final thing is that it left me feeling I had just seen so very much love pouring out of a well-known son for his once upon a time well-known mother.  I loved that deep sense of love between them.

For entertainment tonight, I am watching the White House Correspondent's Dinner on C-Span 1.  It is also on CNN.  Right now and for hours to come.  Should be a hoot!

Goodnight Kelly!

Kelly

halkel

Mary Page, different strokes for different folks. Correspondence dinner.....ugh.