Random Image

snipped jack

Owner: Sandy
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:09:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

D

Norms Bait and Tackle

Started by dapphne, March 30, 2016, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryhanna

Hi Everyone. We have another overcast morning but only a small chance of more rain today.  Our rain yesterday was light and periodic.  I did get the couple of items wrapped for my SIL and then went to the Post Office.  There were only 3 people ahead of me and I was out of there in 5 minutes of so and was surprised.  Then I went on to Walmart only to find it was to early to get my prescriptions refilled. I did get a few other items we needed so it wasn't a wasted trip.  About 4 pm the doorbell rang and it as the man to do the annual termite inspection that I had set up but forgotten about.  So that is done for another year and all was well. 

My schedule for today is pretty light.  I do plan on attending a meeting this morning.  I have unloaded the dishwasher and set everything out for Pat's breakfast.  This afternoon I will rest and then watch some college basketball or one of the bowl games.

Joy and Mary Ann, we really haven't seen much fog down this way this season. 

Patricia, I bet the way you keep your apartment that it would always pass with flying colors.  Glad Farrah is doing better with her meals.  Maybe she expects a little more food when she attentively watches what you are doing in the kitchen.  I hadn't heard of the DelMonte Fiesta brand corn recall and I checked and we do have a can of DelMonte Southwest Corn.  Corn is one of my favorite vegetables.  Thanks for providing the information so I could check it out. My mother was always able to put a good meal on the table and I can say I have never gone hungry in my entire life.  Fortunately when we got married we were able to buy whatever Pat wanted to fix and I never complained about the expense of food.  However, she was never extravagant and was careful as she always knew what we had.  We try to be frugal but not obsessively and can now enjoy most things we want.  

Marilyne, I am sure we overfed our cat as well. I agree with you that some people don't have much sense when they equate what a cat or dog needs to a human or deprive a baby of needed food. You have a good reason not to eat corn. 

Mary Ann, I am really glad I am not allergic to any foods that I know of.  Corn and green beans are my favorite vegetables along with lettuce salad. Pat has never liked fixing salads but made many of them.  However, now we usually use the already prepared salads or I fix the salad. 

Shirleyn, enjoy the good days now and perhaps you will be one of those folks who don't experience bad effects from the chemo.  Click on profile under your name and hover over the Forum Profile and you will see notifications and you can set it to receive notifications.  I hope you really enjoy the play this afternoon. 

Sandy, having a fire alarm go off in your building must be disconcerting.  Did you have to leave your apartment?

Mary Ann

Radar shows today to be nice, or at least precip-free.  Tom had wanted to go to breakfast this morning, but I wanted to shower and shampoo, so I told him I'd take him to the Blue Water Grill next week.  That is a place where we both like to eat but it is a bit expensive.  But this is the Christmas season and I'll treat him.

Shirley, I am not notified when I have a reply but the folders come up on my last reply and I can take it from there.  I don't have anything special checked.

Larry, I'd eat more salads if I had to fix my own meals, especially for lunch.  I also like sandwiches so often have one for lunch when Tom is not home.  This week I have some sliced turkey, other times it could be chicken salad, grilled cheese - or when they're fresh - a radish sandwich.  Nice and crunchy.

Larry, my food allergies are not bad, but convenient in that I'm not fond of them anyway.  My mother used to cream vegetables and I didn't care for them much, especially corn.  I eat watermelon sometimes, but other melons I avoid as I just plain do not like them. 

Sandy, a fire alarm is a good waker-upper isn't it?  I'm often awake at 7 am, but it is not my choice to get up then.

Shirley, I'm glad you are getting along so well - so far - and I hope the worst to come does not come. 

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

I've mentioned I was sending checks to the greats along with the pictures that were my Christmas greeting this year.  Today I had a "thank you" from Geoff in CA, the only one so far who has thanked me.  I sent his mother an e-mail telling her about it and how much i appreciated it. 

That doesn't mean I won't hear from others, but apparently Geoff had just received his gift. 

Geoff is the son of Jan and Terry.  I remember one day when he stood before his parents arguing with them because he wanted to do something and they didn't want him to do it.  The argument was very quiet, no tantrum, just good reasoning.  I really thought Geoff would become a lawyer.  Instead he wanted to get into the film business and when he graduated from high school he drove out to CA to try to get into the film business.  He does not have a college education, but writes stories for TV and films, mostly mysteries, and I have not seen any of his programs.  Nor will I because I am not a mystery fan.  Geoff married a Chinese woman in 2013 and they have a son, Isaiah, who will be two in March.  Geoff has always been different, still is, but he is very thoughtful.  Whenever I e-mail him about anything (usually are fires near him?), he sends me a return e-mail promptly.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Good morning from a still chilly Interior! We are at that stage where we have little light, and that always looks cloudy, blue and dusky. Next week, the twenty-first, people will be setting off to see the fireworks at Golden Heart Park or at the University to celebrate Winter Solstice and the return of daylight gains.

I'm lucky enough to see the fireworks from my window and unlucky enough to hear the sound of the announcers amplified from the Park. As is usual nowadays, the University has fireworks on the actual Solstice where the park is city operated and will have their celebration on the weekend following in order to have the maximum wallets; I mean crowds!  ::) The whole town celebrates the Solstice and sales, activities and parties are everywhere!

Shirleyn, I'm glad you are feeling good after your treatments and hope any effects are minimal. Please do not set up any notifications! Bubble, Jackie and I were receiving hundreds literally daily! You will receive multiples each time anything is posted anywhere on site!

What I do is bookmark one location, in my case, here and it brings up the last post I'd seen. I have yet to figure out how to do better. Also, I've set up to receive the most recent post at the top. That is the best I can offer. If you go to your profile, click on forum, go down to look and layout, to Board and Topic Display, and the fourth one down.

Larry, you'd lose that bet re my apartment staying clean. I'm often collecting piles of papers or magazines until days I clean, and my couch and end table always look like a command central.

Sandy, we had one day last week when the alarm went off three separate times. Someone will be cooking and forget to turn on the overhead fans. Both the sprinkler systems and the alarms are sensitive, and they tell you to always use the fan. If the alarm does go off, open a window or the balcony doors until it shuts off, usually in minutes.

Someone usually new, will forget and open their outside door and that turns on the building alarm. Then people evacuate to the lobby by stairs and wait until the firemen come and turn it off. Three times in one day will not make friends, and since the board is in the entry, folks always see the apartment number next to the blinking lights.

Marilyne

Mary Ann, Geoff sounds like a very thoughtful and ambitious young man.  He must be a talented writer, to be making it in the film and TV business of Southern CA. I like to hear success stories, because many people go there, and give up on their dreams very quickly.  If you know the names of any of he TV shows he has worked on, let me know and I'll make a point of finding them and watching them. I'm interested in things like that . . . maybe because I was born in L.A., and grew up with lots of friends whose parents were in "the business", as they used to say. Not the actors or producers, but the workers behind the scenes, like, camera men, light technicians, script girls and a few screenwriters.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, I'll ask Tom for the names of some of Geoff's programs or if push comes to shove, I'll ask Geoff.

Patricia, I have never checked on Notify and I've always had the folder come up on the last post.  I like to keep things simple - like me!!!

I just happened to click on Duluth when American Integrity was expected.  There was a huge crowd, both sides of the sidewalk.  That may have been because the gate to the end of the pier was closed so the people all had to be on the "land" side of the gate.  The sun was out and it is a beautiful day in Duluth!  As it is in Grand Rapids and both places are cold - my thermometer reads 39 degrees.

Mary Ann

angelface555

MaryAnn, I don't know how you do it. I went back, unchecked the most recent post first box and tried different sites. Each one still required me to go through the pile until I came to the ending post.

So, I went back to my profile page and reclicked to show the most recent post at the top for the topic view.

Marilyne

It seems that we're all doing something different, in order to see the last message in a folder that we want to post in.  I do a little "song and dance" routine, where I first click on forum . . . then I go to the right side of the page above the shout box, where it says Unread Posts and click on that . . . then when the selection of folders pops up, I click on the one I want to read. Then I look to the left of the posts and click on the box that says Go Down. That takes me to the bottom of the page, to the last post.  Then I click Reply, (NOT Quick Reply), so that while I'm writing my reply, the last post is just below where I'm writing, so I can refer to it and the ones before it.  We shouldn't have to take so many steps, I know, but it seems like everyone has devised their own convoluted way of getting around.  It's a shame that it is no longer simple, like it used to be.   

Sasha

It seems that instructions vary depending on the device you're using. My iPhone has no "go down" button that I can find.
There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- Albert Einstein

angelface555

Marilyne, if you clicked show the most recent post at the top for the topic view. You would automatically have your reply box on top of the last post. Unfortunately, this site is convoluted rather than the simple way it was.

Sasha, for S&F I have no go down button on my cell either.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, Paul is barely visible on the Duluth horizon coming toward the channel at almost 5 pm.  It's a nice day in Duluth and the crowds have been big.  When I wrote this, the arrival time was 4:19 CT but it has been changed to 4:41 and I think Paul is anchored out on Lake Superior.

It's a chilly day in Grand Haven but there are people on the shore.

I'll be back later.

Mary Ann

Mary Ann

OK, here is what I do to get into S&F.

To begin with I'm on Firefox.
At the top of my screen, just under the back arrow, right arrow, reload and Firefox home page, Tom put a tag Most Visited (also tags for Yahoo, Duluth Chart and Soo Chart (the charts are maps).  Here is the sequence:
Most Visited
Recent Unread Topics
S&F Menu (newest on top and includes those I do not read)
From the menu I choose what I want to read and if Norm's B&T is there, I choose that.

When I'm finished, I click on Recent Unread Topics and the Menu comes up and I choose what I want to read.

Occasionally in the first Recent Unread Topics, either Firefox or Windows adds something if I have been reading a particular topic and if I haven't read it for a while, the topic disappears.  All I have to do is put the initial in the Search line and the topic usually shows there.

I tried not to add too much so you can see how I get from Point A to Point B.

Mary Ann
[/size][/color]

Marilyne

Mary Ann & Patricia - I'm beginning to feel a little dizzy! It seems like our views of Seniors & Friends are all different?  Meaning: the forum page and other pages are set up differently, depending on what browser we're using, and what computer we're using?  That doesn't make sense, but that's how confused I am at this point! :idiot2: I have an Apple computer/iMac, and I use the Safari browser. I think it's best that we just continue on doing whatever works for each of us, and not try to figure it out any further.  I've given up trying to explain things to Michael, so I'm going to muddle through, with what works best for me in navigating the new system. 

Sasha - Sounds like you have the same problem that FlaJean has.  She uses her iPhone, and it has been difficult for her since the change.  My phone is a Samsung, and S&F looks a lot smaller than it did before. It's not a problem for me, because I always access S&F from my desktop computer.

Mary Ann

Marilyn, it does matter if we're using a PC or a MAC because the setups are not the same.  I do not have an iPhone so I can't contribute any help there.  I do try to keep things as simple as I can.  When I have a problem, I turn to Tom - who is a MAC man - but he tries to help me with my PC.  I see no reason for me to get an iPhone or Smart Phone (if there's a difference) because I am at home 95% of the time and have my home phone and computer handy.  I also use only a laptop which should be like a desktop, but I think sometimes is not.  When I'm out and take my purse, I have a TracFone to make a call to Tom to pick me up.  At home, if I need Tom, I either phone him or go to the head of the stairs and holler!  Or e-mail - our main means of communication.

I'm sorry to be of no help to MAC people.

Mary Ann

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  Rather than being rushed in the morning I decided to go ahead and post this evening.  I am happy to say I am feeling better this evening than I have all day.  We just finished having a salad dinner.  I had tuna on mine and Pat had canned chicken on hers.  It had been awhile since we have had that meal.  I did go out and attend my meeting this morning but was glad to get home and eat a quick lunch and then lay down.  I am enjoying watching some college football and basketball games.  We did see a little sun today and a brief shower and the temperature has been pretty good.

Mary Ann, I like grilled cheese sandwiches but seldom remember to make one.  This is the time of the year so some special eating out and by not going today you will have a little extra left int he purse when you go to the more expensive place next week.  I really like creamed corn and actually had a little dish of it with my dinner last night.  I don't eat watermelon very often as we don't have the room in our refrigerator to store it unless we get a small one and go ahead and take the rind off of it and cube it to it stores better.  I have always like it with my breakfast.  We have never gotten a thanks you for gifts to our great grandchildren but their father will send a thank you email and that is fine.  The three teenagers are old enough to write a brief note but I spend no time worrying about it.  It sounds like Geoff is a very thoughtful young man. 

Patricia, I hadn't really thought about the fact that you are not having many hours of daylight at this time of the year.  Nice that you can see the fireworks from the comfort of your apartment.  We can't see any here but see all we want to on the TV and can control the noise, which is nice.  I don't use the notification feature so had no idea it was causes so much problem.  I set my bookmark at the level above the discussions and then I see the name of the discussion with a little "new" symbol in front of the name of the discussion and when I click on it I go to the point I last read or usually posted. This works well for me.  I doubt the manager would care if you have papers and magazines or other items on your end tables or other surfaces. 

Marilyne, there are so many people behind the lines in the entertainment or even the news media that we seldom ever see.  I would also be interested in knowing what programs feature the stories written by Geoff.  The browsers we use really shouldn't change the way the discussions appear to us but it has to do with how we go to the discussion and the settings we have in our profile.  I set my bookmarks not on Norms Bait and Tackle or Soda Shoppe but at the level just above them. 

Sasha, I use the Firefox browser on my computers and also on my iPhone and what I described above works on my iPhone like it does on the computers.  I often will lay back down after getting partially dressed in the mornings and read my email and the posting here in the discussions.

Mary Ann

Larry, your salad meals sound good to me and I would like either tuna or canned chicken on mine.  Tom does sometimes fix a tuna mix to put on sandwiches.  He doesn't like sandwiches as much as I do, but they are more convenient to take to school for lunches so last time we ordered two loaves of bread; one is in the freezer.  We like 12-15 grain bread and we were getting the 15-grain but the store seems to have discontinued it so I am ordering 12-grain now.  I like the texture.  I have been able to buy two slices of watermelon but Dot buys a small round one and cubes the inside to store it, probably like you have done.  I don't care how I get thank you notes - e-mail, snail mail or in person - but I do appreciate them.  James and Alicia will thank me Christmas Day when we're there.  Annie doesn't have her gift yet.  I may or may not hear from Paula or Erin.  When the kids were small, Sue would have them send me notes, but they are grown up now and should be able to send them on their own.

I'll see if I can find some information about Geoff's programs; I even understand he has billing on the program.  He is an unusual young man (31 this year).  He may not be working now, but I really don't hear much about him unless Tom says something.  He may never be famous, but he is doing what he likes and that is important.

Mary Ann

angelface555

Larry, I do not understand this, "I set my bookmark at the level above the discussions and then I see the name of the discussion with a little "new" symbol in front of the name of the discussion and when I click on it I go to the point I last read or usually posted. This works well for me."

I also do not understand how Tom did this, " the top of my screen, just under the back arrow, right arrow, reload and Firefox home page, Tom put a tag Most Visited (also tags for Yahoo, Duluth Chart and Soo Chart (the charts are maps).  Here is the sequence:
Most Visited
Recent Unread Topics
S&F Menu (newest on top and includes those I do not read)
From the menu, I choose what I want to read and if Norm's B&T is there, I choose that.

When I'm finished, I click on Recent Unread Topics and the Menu comes up and I choose what I want to read."

I  use Firefox and underneath where the arrows are as MaryAnn, posted, I have a tab that has my avatar name and when you click on it, it takes you to your S&F account. This was a part of Michael's editing and is supposed to be the same for everyone. I am including a screenshot to illustrate.

Mary Ann

Patricia, on my screen, under the back arrow line and above the line with my name, messages and alerts, is where Tom put the Most Visited and Yahoo. 

After he goes to church, he probably will be gone all day but I'll try to ask him when I see him about it.

I have to get ready too because Dot is taking a friend to another church before we go to ours.

I don't see Soda Shoppe people having trouble, why do we?

Mary Ann

Sandy

Good Morning Everyone from to cold
but dry and cloudy rocky coast of Maine.

Sandy, having a fire alarm go off in your building must be disconcerting.  Did you have to leave your apartment?

Yesterday was the first time that the fire
alarm has gone off so early in the AM...
Being on the 2nd floor and right
near the stairwell,  I don't have
to leave my apartment when the alarm
goes off.   We have three types of alarms.

(1) Outside our own apartment which goes off
if I pull the cords in the bathroom
or bedroom.   This only notify's people
near me on my floor of a problem and opens
up my door.  (I can shut that on off myself) 

(2) The next one is a voice  and alarm that says
to exit the building as there is a problem.
(That was the one that went off yesterday)
And keeps speaking and making noise until
it is turned off by the fire men who
react to it.   I keep my door open
and watch carefully ... no one seemed to
leave.   

(3) Then there is is really blasting
fire alarm that screams at us to
exit via the stairwells... or wait
until the fire men come and evacuate
the handicapped people. 

I only ever heard this last one one time
when there was an actual fire a couple
buildings down and all buildings on the
block were evacuated.   (scary)

Fire alarms are not fun for any of us,
but I sure am glad that we have them
here in the city ...

Wishing everyone a good Sunday
Sandy
 :balloons:

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."

― Carl Sagan

FlaJean

Grand Haven looks so cold today, Mary Ann, but I didn't see any snow.  I looked at the Chrystal Mountain sky cam and the skiers looked like little ants sliding around.  Lots of snow.

Today is sunny here with degrees in low 60s.  Not much going on at Duluth or Sault Ste Marie.  Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.

Marilyne, have you heard from Joan in Washington State?  I hope she has recovered completely by now?

angelface555

Good morning from a chilly Interior where the highs and lows are in the minuses and not that wide apart.

Farrah had a brief period of the zoomies this morning and is now sleeping it off. She is still leaving nine or so pieces of kibble behind so she is fine. She doesn't miss extra food. She misses the treats like a child misses junk food. She just came back out and laid on the floor to sleep. She's bored as much of the wildlife outside of her window has left until spring.

We received both our social security increases and our apartment rent hikes this week to no one's surprise. One lady who is very forgetful failed her apartment inspection yesterday. She had been smoking in her apartment as I suspect many are even tho it is supposed to be a smoke-free building and grounds. However, somehow she burned a large hole in her kitchen tile. She's waiting to hear if she has to leave or if they do more than charge her for damages. Her guardian isn't happy either.

Larry, by the Winter Solstice, we have just five hours of daylight of which two are dusk. The Solstice and increase of daylight call for a celebration. The park is only a block away and the University is on a ridge above the city. The fireworks are nice, it is the amplified practiced patter of the hosting disc jockey that's not.

MaryAnn, I too like the 12 to 15 grain loaves of bread in the thick slices. I often just eat it plain for that nutty goodness. I've seen photos of Geoff on Facebook last year and he has a nice looking family.

Sandy, we only have the two type of alarms for this building of five floors and 196 apartments. Which is probably why so many, myself included have Lifelines or MediAlerts.This is Independent living but now under state ownership. We have the piercing alarms I mentioned earlier. The kind that continues to reverberate in your ears for a time after they've shut off. And the phones that you can use to let someone in or out. They are also used for security to get an important emergency message to folks as a type of intercom. For those with television, they can set their screens to a channel that moves from a doorway to doorway through closed-circuit camera feed.

MaryAnn, I don't know about the Soda Shop as I don't go there. But according to various computer questions and Site Announcements, and my emails, I don't believe that's so. People are struggling and no one seems to have working solutions.

Jean, Im also wondering how Joan is doing.

I received notice that I was to have received a six month's monthly wine club but as it only operates in the continental US, they aren't able to ship it to me. I told them it must have been a gift and they needed to notify the payee and not me. It seems like it's going to be another round of cheese, fruit, and coffee this year. I'm trying to figure out how to gracefully stop both my family checks and their enrolling me in these clubs.

I do purchase some gifts for friends and I donate locally but that is about it for the holidays.

Mary Ann

Jean, we  have almost no snow here except on the north sides of the buildings.  I have not had to wear boots yet when going out.  Our temperature is 37 degrees now and that is like a heat wave compared to what we have had.  With the sun shining, it doesn't seem to be so cold.

I was lucky with the ships because I saw one at Duluth, then I clicked on the Soo and a ship was just leaving.

Dot and I did our usual Sunday thing and it was nice to have the sun shining, however, when we left for church this morning, it was quite foggy. 

Patricia, it could be that Soda Shoppe people put their complaints in Oldiesmann's channel.  I do read any questions there, but I think I don't respond.  There are a lot of people in S&F who are a lot more knowledgeable than I am about computers and programs.

Yes, Geoff has a nice family and I'm sorry he lives so far away.  I'd like to see Isaiah more.

Now I think I'll take a nap and I'll invite the cat.

Mary Ann

Marilyne

Good Afternoon . . . 12:15 pm here, so it barely qualifies.  To answer your questions about Joan.  No, she hasn't posted here or in Facebook.  She has a problem with her hands, from when she fell down, so is not able to post at this time.  However, her daughter Candy, sometimes posts for her in FB.

I don't post in Soda Shoppe either, but I do read the messages occasionally.  Lloyd is having a hard time with the "new and improved" S&F, and also his friend, who posts from England.  There are some former regulars in the Leisure Activities folders, who are no longer active.  I tried to explain some of the changes to two of the women who post there, but it's difficult.  I guess for those of us who want to stay, we have to figure out on our own, what works best for us.

Time for a short trip to Safeway, so more later . . . .

MarsGal

Here is some Christmas Cheer for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anVQbRnZydQ According to the blurb Canadian Pacific has been doing this for 20 years to raise money for local food banks. Way to go CP!

larryhanna

Hi Everyone.  We have had a very beautiful sunny and warm day as it got up to the mid-60's.  I went to Sunday School this morning and then came home and got Pat and we went back to Church.  Today was a very special day as it was the "Lessons and Carols" Sunday and it was really great.  We had the University of Georgia Brass Quintet that were really good, our choir with more members than I remember ever seeing participating, our Bell Choir, our children's choir and a beautiful group of singers from the choir that had wonderful harmony.  The lessons were all read by some of our city officials like the mayor, city administrator, counsel members, head of our Public Safety Department and our Representative to our State House.  It was so well done and such a meaningful service.  I guess you can tell I really liked it.  Pat and I then went to the Firehouse Subs for our lunch and now just enjoying a quiet afternoon.

Mary Ann, I usually fix my tuna for the salad with mayo and pickle relish.  Pat doesn't put anything on the chicken.  I always have enough left over for a lunch at the first of the week and it makes a nice change from my normal sandwich.  We find the multigrain Walmart brand bread freezes well so we usually keep an extra loaf or two in the deep freeze.  I am glad that Geoff is able to the work that he enjoys and wants to do.  I expect when he sells a script he gets paid pretty well.  If I read your message correctly you will have the benefit of two Church services today. 

Patricia, when you go to the Forum link I go to the Village Square, Town Talk and this is where I set the bookmark for Norm's B& T.  So when I click on the bookmark I see Norm's B&T discussion and if there are new postings it shows the "New" before the title.  I click on the "New" and it takes me to where I last posted, which is where I see new postings I haven't read.  I do the same for the Soda Shoppe and this shows Village Square and Soda Shoppe.  Below that is the latest Discussion for the Soda Shoppe with the "New" before it.  I hope this makes sense.  I believe what Mary Ann has describes having her bookmarks show on a tab line, which is a function of her browser and not of this software.   Maybe Farrah leaves those few pieces of food in case you didn't put out more food.  At least she would have something.  It sounds like you have a good safety system for fires. 

Sandy, thanks for the explanation of your fire alarm systems.  The one that unlocks your door sounds like a really good feature.  I have never heard of that being available.  You are lucky to be on the second floor and close to the stairs. 

Jean, your weather today sounds much like what we have had.

Marilyne, I agree it is difficult to communicate about how we each use these boards and have dealt with problems. 

MarsGal, that train was really something.  I wonder how they got all of those lights on those train cars.

angelface555

Larry thanks for adding more detail to your explanation. I'll try that as my current bookmark only brings me to the last post I read and I end up going through several to get to a new post.

MaryAnn and I use the same browser so I'm curious as to how Tom managed his link where he did.

Mary Ann

MarsGal, that is quite a train.  It must have taken a long time to put on the lights and decorations.  Thanks for posting the train.

Mary Ann

angelface555

New recalls

"Health This morning
A California farm that recalled romaine lettuce earlier this year is now recalling cauliflower, red leaf lettuce and green leaf lettuce due to another possible E. coli contamination. The products from Adam Bros. Farming, Inc. have been sold in both the US and Canada."

Mary Ann

Soon we won't be able to eat anything because everything will be contaminated.  What progress!

Mary Ann

angelface555

It is not only the storms, fires and hurricanes affect but also progress is less served by the present rolling back of regulations.

MarsGal, I was remiss in telling you I enjoyed the train but was wondering if it was at the border or on one side or the other since both flags were flown.

Larry, your suggestion worked, thank you!!