Random Image

IMG_0231 (Large).jpg

Owner: donklan
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:36:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Weather Around the World

Started by RAMMEL, April 03, 2016, 10:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryc

Bright and pretty out there today but temp. only in the 40s.  The week is promising!
Mary C

SCFSue

I had one inch of water in my rain gauge this morning as it rained quite a bit last night.  Today was sunny and windy.

Sue

maryc

A perfect spring day here today.   Temp. was about 50, very light breeze and sunny all day.

SCFSue,   I'm glad to see you back here.    I was beginning to worry that you got lost in the shuffle.   I wonder if you've heard any good news about your lost Kindle?
Mary C

Kelly

Hi Everyone
It is dry on the Isle of Man and 47F.  The wind speed is 5 miles per hour and the humidity 99%.

In the South East of England it is showery and 50F.  The wind speed is 10 miles pr hour and 88% humidity.

Kelly

Kelly

Sunny and 46F or 8C on the Isle of Man

Kelly

maryc

Another lovely spring day here in Western NY.   There are so many chores outside to be done,   I go from one thing to another without getting finished with one thing. ::)
Mary C

maryc

Haven't done much in the garden for a week or so.....it has been cold and rainy.   It stayed in the 40s all day today with little sunshine.
Mary C

RAMMEL

We need some rain down here. It's been threatened for later tonight.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

maryc

The weather people on the radio tell us that we need the rain we are getting.   It hasn't been heavy but just enough to keep it uncomfortable for getting out in the yard to work.     As my DH says,  "we will just have to get through it, until we get those nice days." :)
Mary C

Kelly

Hi maryc and Rammel
It is dry on the Isle of man at present.  At 2.15am Tuesday it is 39F or 4C.   The wind speed is 22 miles per hour and the humidity is 62%.

In the south east of England it is dry and 36F or 3C.  The wind speed is 15 miles per hour and the humidity is 89%.

kelly

Mary Ann

We just had a good storm go through.  I couldn't quite see, but I think there was some nickel-size hail.  All is quiet now, but radar shows rain and storm in the area now.

Mary Ann

Kelly

Hi Mary Ann

Thanks for your weather update.

Kelly

RAMMEL

Overcast and scattered showers here this morning.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Kelly

maryc

Rainy and cold again today.    The rain was pretty fierce during the night with thunder etc., BUT we are lucky to be having just this.    When I see what the other parts of the country are getting, I can't complain.    The flowering trees are continuing on to a beautiful spring show!
Mary C

maryc

We had a perfect spring day yesterday....good gardening day!   Then today it was bright and sunny but a bit cool.   A good day to catch up indoors. :)
Mary C

Kelly

Hi Everyone
A lovely day here, with sunny spells. Now at 10.35pm the temperature is 51F or 10C.  The wind speed is 4 miles an hour and the humidity is 100%.

In the South East of England the temperature is 53F or 11 C.  The wind speed is 15 miles an hour and the humidity is 62%.

kelly

JeanneP

I cancelled out something was going to at 6pm today. Still just to hot. its 91 and will will 100 tomorrow.

now lets see if it works on the colour changing.
JeanneP

JeanneP

sure doesn't unless you put it in first. Darn it.
JeanneP

Mary Ann

JeanneP, I don't put the code in first, but I know Larry Hanna does.  I write my message, highlight the message, then go up to the first line where there is a B for BOLD, then go over to Change Color and go down to Blue.  If your method works for you, for heavens sake, do it that way.  I appreciate the darker colors because they're easier to read.

Mary Ann

JeanneP

MaryAnn.  I tried doing it after posting a message but it didn't work.

Now will try your way again and see what happens'
JeanneP

JeanneP

Well it worked but I had to keep taking things out.. Wish it would stay instead of having to do it all the time.
JeanneP

RAMMEL

Everyone must be having great weather --- no comments.

Here it is half past November and we have not had a killing frost yet (just north of NYC).  It seems like all the seasons have slipped by a month.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

Jeanne Lee

Not here, Rick - on the Hudson river, 50 miles north of Albany.  We've had the frost and some light snow twice so far, with daytime temperatures staying near or below freezing.  Actually just about the normal late November.   :)

Click for Corinth, New York Forecast

SCFSue

Here in Alabama, we've had a very dry summer.  We finally got a bit of rain yesterday.  We are under drought warnings and I'm only permitted to water my flower beds from 8:00 p.m. until 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.   Fortunately I have a rain barrel and have about half a barrel left.  I've not been watering my azaleas because I have 36 in my back yard and 20+ in my front.  Hopefully yesterday's rain will help and I'm still hoping for more soon.

Sue

SCFSue

It rained quite a bit last night here in Auburn, Alabama.  I haven't been out to check my rain gauge yet, but think I may have received at least an inch.  We've been in drought status all summer and my azaleas are looking pretty sad.  I hope this rain will not be the last in January. 

Happy New Year!
SCF Sue

RAMMEL

Crazy weather.  It was up to 60º then within a day we get just short of a foot of snow.  The following morning (today) we awake to ice. The temp is just at freezing and it has been causing a layer of freezing ice/slush.  Luckily there is still some warmth in the ground so can remove the ice coating.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

JeanneP

Seems amazing how the weather can change overnight this year.
JeanneP

so_P_bubble

Well, we changed the clocks early morning today.  Outside it is sunny and bright, not windy as it was lately. Spring is really here, finally, after a crazy winter.

[attachimg=1]

JeanneP

bubble.  Now will that hour make any difference to you. It doesn't me. I have always gone to bed between 10pm and 11pm and get up 8am or 9am.  it did bother me before I retired a little. I didn't like the darkness in the morning but like it not getting dark before 7pm
I remember growing up in the UK that it would stay light until at least 9 or 10 pm. Never here in Illinois. Maybe to 8pm
We are having 74 deg here today.
JeanneP