Random Image

Family 2018

Owner: Shirley
Welcome to Seniors & Friends. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:31:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

2024-03-22, 14:15:18
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, Bush's Best Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Green Grapes and Chocolate Chip Cookies that my husband prepared.  Sorry about the previous type error with my last post.

2024-03-22, 14:03:04
Domestic Goddess: Pollock Fillets seasoned with Mrs. Dash

2024-03-22, 09:31:45
Domestic Goddess: Is this correct, if one would like to post/share a recipe, we do so here?  If so, was searching to see if there were separate recipe categories?

2024-02-21, 22:30:59
Oldiesmann: The chat can be accessed from the menu but I don't kow how often anyone is in there

2024-02-20, 23:18:48
alpiner1: Is the chat live ?

2024-02-19, 23:20:20
junee: Junee

2024-01-30, 11:45:01
Astro: Periodically I use it.

2024-01-29, 20:17:44
mycheal: Love the chat  off and on

2024-01-14, 21:12:20
Oldiesmann: Just curious. Does anyone still use the chat? It doesn't make any difference to me since it's a free service. Just wondering

2023-11-28, 19:23:29
JeanneP: Stiil trying to let Julee know that my EM is   gmjeannep2@gmail.com  and that the  old Comcast on is no longer work, it was to old and they dont do EM anymore

Weather Around the World

Started by RAMMEL, April 03, 2016, 10:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFSue

Alabama is HOT, HOT, HOT today.  Very high 90's and not a sign of rain.  Early daylight and late dusk.  We have had rain at least once or twice a week in June, though, so grass is green and flowers are doing well.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

SCFSue from Auburn, Alabama

RAMMEL

Been in the 90's here for the last few days but only into the 80's today.  The humidity "hurts". - makes it miserable. 
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

JeanneP

Not as hot here for the next 2 days but then back to the90s again. Humidity is what gets so high.  We have not had more than 3 inch of rain since the beginning of June.  They say Illinois never had it so bad in History. Corn way behind but looking O.K.  Don't know about the Soy Beans.

I just don't have good energy in heat like this. Can't stand to stay in the house all the time.  A/C doesn't agree with me. Never did.
JeanneP

RAMMEL

Two posts up I was commenting about the heat.  Last night it surprisingly went down to 20º F.  I had to hustle and get some plants in.  Also it reminded me to shut off one of the outside faucets that doesn't have a freeze proof valve.
Spring and Fall seasons should be extended
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

RAMMEL

Looks like everyone's lips are frozen shut  :2funny:

Down to 7ºF last night here. But things look bad (worse) in other areas. At least we have not been getting the snow that others in the North East are getting.

Imagine how cold it would be without global warming.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

so_P_bubble

Even here it is unusually cold!  I am all bundled up in 4 layers!

angelface555

Good morning from a cold Interior. My temperature reads minus 27 and the weather report says Today's high is minus 11 and our low is minus 12, up from yesterday's high of minus 23. Today was said to be zero, then it was to warm to that on Sunday and now they're saying by Tuesday. Actually fairly typical in the Arctic.

JeanneP

Got my car all cleaned up for the snow fall Wed. Just looked outside and another snow blizzard out there. I had showered and dressed and was ready to go over to Comcast to argue  with them before I paid. Just went ahead and paid on line and will argue next month.  Not in the mood to take care of the car and drive today.
Bubble. So far I just have 3 layers on. Maybe putting another on soon. It is still 13 deg and going down soon. So far the furnace is keeping up.
JeanneP

FlaJean

We are having some really COLD weather here in northwest Florida.   It will get down into the middle 20s the next three nights then suppose to warm up.  The neighborman was going to throw away his old rusty metal birdbath, so Larry took it and now it is all new looking in a pretty blue color.  Today it is covered with a layer of ice.

JeanneP

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:
A friend stopped at a pay-at-the-pump gas station to get gas. Once she filled her gas tank and after paying at the pump and starting to leave, the voice of the attendant inside came over the speaker.. He told her that something happened with her card and that she needed to come inside to pay. The lady was confused because the transaction showed complete and approved. She relayed that to him and was getting ready to leave but the attendant, once again, urged her to come in to pay or there'd be trouble. She proceeded to go inside and started arguing with the attendant about his threat. He told her to calm down and listen carefully:
He said that while she was pumping gas, a guy slipped into the back seat of her car on the other side and the attendant had already called the police.

She became frightened and looked out in time to see her car door open and the guy slip out. The report is that the new gang initiation thing is to bring back a woman and/or her car. One way they are doing this is crawling under women's cars while they're pumping gas or at grocery stores in the nighttime. The other way is slipping into unattended cars and kidnapping the women.

Please pass this on to other women, young and old alike. Be extra careful going to and from your car at night. If at all possible, don't go alone!
This is real!!

The message:

1. ALWAYS lock your car doors, even if you're gone for just a second!

2. Check underneath your car when approaching it for reentry, and check in the back before getting in.

3. Always be aware of your surroundings and of other individuals in your general vicinity, particularly at night!

Send this to everyone so your friends can take precaution.

AND GUYS...YOU TELL ANY WOMEN YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS Thanks.

THIS IS TOO SERIOUS ... DO NOT DELETE PLEASE PASS IT ON!
JeanneP

Mary Ann

Thank you, Jeanne, they're always trying something, aren't they?

I can say that when I was driving and pumping gas, I always locked my car.  The only thing that went out of the car with me was my credit card (I did not use my debit card for gas).  It never occurred to me to look under the car, but maybe, my being short allowed me to see there without realizing it.

Mary Ann

FlaJean

JeanneP, that is scary but good to know.

RAMMEL

We're still in the middle of a cold spell, as I'm sure many of you are.  Snow due here some time overnight till tomorrow night.  It will all stick as the ground is frozen.  Many people in the area are having water problems with frozen pipes. The freezing causes the pipes to break. In this area we should all be aware of this but seems many aren't aware. 

Keep warm everyone.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

so_P_bubble

Maybe it will make you all feel better to know that here in Israel from North to South we too are in the middle of a cold spell.  It is thunder storming with high winds and last night even hail. Two days of snowing on top of Mount Hermon and warning of floods in the south of Israel.

As Rammel said: keep warm everyone!

FlaJean

It’s supposed to start warming up some in this area starting tomorrow.  The weather channel is forecasting 64 for a high on Monday.  That sounds much better than today’s high of 47F.

SCFSue

It's almost 11:00 a.m. here and the temperature is 32.  I've just been out for my morning walk but fortunately I have nice warm clothing left over from our 6 years in Maine, so was warm except for my face.  We are not expected to get much warmer here today.  Auburn is located in the middle of Alabama, not far from Montgomery.  No snow, though.

Sue

JeanneP

It is still very cold here but creeping up a little this afternoon. Be snowing again soon the say and only 6 deg. tonight. Going to stay in for one more day but do have to get my laundary over to the cleaners as it is really piling up. I am running out of Sweat sets. I do need to go out and start my car. Been 3 days. Also get the mail. Usually when we have these bad freezes (Not had them for last 7 years they say). We only seem to get one and then just a normal winter. Hope that's true.
So many sick people still. Seems the Flu shot only working at 43% so both Hospitals  full. Pneumonia mostly.
Horrible thing happened at one of the Nursing Home. A 72 lady with Alzheimer got out of a door left open and not missed for 5 hours. Found dead outside the place. 7 deg. weather  this is the second one now as one in July got outside another one and sat in the Patio in 89 deg weather. Again died. Different Nursing home.
Both families are suing. Thing is none of the family member ever spent much time visiting them.  I volunteered at one a few years ago while my friend was in. I know how it is.  So sad. Families just think to let others take care.
JeanneP

RAMMEL

Weather, weather, weather. ----- Anyone getting washed out today?

Earlier around 5pm the sky just went dark. A violent storm came through knocking down trees and wires. Weather map showed a line of bad weather from New England right down to Tenn.  We did have a report of a twister up State a bit but I don't think it has been verified yet - unusual here.  Half hour later it was pretty much gone but Police and Fire Dep'ts still busy cleaning up and making things safe.
    About 8:00pm at sunset the whole sky was RED.  Never saw it get that red
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

wjoan

Rick, saw on our weather channel about winds, hail etc.  Hope you are ok.

RAMMEL

Quote from: wjoan on May 15, 2018, 09:31:38 PM
Rick, saw on our weather channel about winds, hail etc.  Hope you are ok.
No damage here.  Just some small twigs/branches with leaves, and some wayward garbage cans.  But within the City there are trees and wires down, streets blocked and a few houses with trees on their roofs.

Other than that things are as usual here.  Big event  ----- tomorrow is haircut day.  A good excuse to visit a coffee shop with my son and get in some BS.  I'm pretty much held down as a caregiver so any time out is fun time.

How's things on the other side?
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

wjoan

We are having temps in the 90's  right now.  I am ok.  Both kidneys are going, but I am still alive and kicking.  LOL

diglady

May I join in?

I recognize so many of you. Kelly from politics. Rammel from Senior Net-ages ago!

I am from Arizona where we have a dry heat! Today to be 105 degrees! But it is dry with humidity about 6 %

angelface555

We had an unusually wet, cold, snowy winter and that cold and snow lingered on into April with the first part of May only reaching the low sixties.  :( June finally warmed up into the seventies with temps starting to look good until Sunday when an odd cold system moved in, (Thanks Canada!); and squatted directly overhead. Temps plunged to the fifties with lows in the thirties with scattered snow showers in the mountains and foothills. Altho we're told things should be getting back to normal next week; I don't hold out much hope for this summer.

RAMMEL

Quote from: diglady on June 12, 2018, 10:24:28 AM
May I join in?

I recognize so many of you. Kelly from politics. Rammel from Senior Net-ages ago!

I am from Arizona where we have a dry heat! Today to be 105 degrees! But it is dry with humidity about 6 %
diglady,
I know you often posted in the Pol area, along with Kelly and Hal. Sadly both of them are not with us any more (for different reasons).  I often would drop in to that discussion but would not post there, for reasons you've probably heard before. If my wife were interested in on-line things she would likely be a poster in politics  :)
     Anyway - poke around the available discussions and hopefully you'll find some of interest.   Surely there are some good ones.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

SCFSue

Rammel, Kelly is doing well.  He and companion are living together now and she is a good friend and helper to him.  We are e-mail pals and talk online several times a week.

Sue

RAMMEL

Sue -

Thanks for the info about Kelly.  Tell him  I said hello.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

RAMMEL

The good-ole weather people are predicting 101º tomorrow (actually later today).  Looks like a stay in and a/c. I just don't get along with any level of heat (hot) any more.
It's the WINDMILLS

THIMK

so_P_bubble

Will that affect 4th of July celebration you think?
In Canada  for their 1st of July celebration the Environment Canada has issued an extreme weather alert.

Amy

We just finished having a dandy thunderstorm along with pounding rain. We did need the rain though.
I know I won't be going to any Canada day celebrations in this heat. Like Rammel don't do heat well. This heat is to keep up for about 5 more days.
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Jimmy Dean
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -Will Rogers

FlaJean

We will probably stay in on the 4th.  Too hot for us but there will be plenty of young families enjoying the festivities.  We will be content to watch the fireworks on TV.